Carbonite Ratings

Overall

About Carbonite

Provides web-based administrative dashboard, automatic backup, backup scheduling (for Windows), and files versioning functionality. Learn more about Carbonite

Construction, 201-500 employees
September 17, 2018

“Use Carbonite if you don't want to risk losing your data on your computer ”

ProsI have used Carbonite in the past when I was running a company with 10 employees. One of my worst fears in the world would be having a computer corrupt or damaged and not able to access the files. It is better to be prepared than kick yourself later for not doing it. It was easy to set up carbonite on all of the computer and synced the backup on changes that were made within the computer. You select what folders that carbonite will consistently backup, such as my documents or customer invoices folder etc. The plan did not have any data limits on the amount of data you can backup. Carbonite really saved us when one of the disgruntled employees was trying to maliciously delete important documents and negatively hurt the company. It was about as simple as can be to retrieve the documents that were deleted and so nothing bad happened in result of this individuals actions. I never noticed any computer performance when running this software on a computer. I was surprised because I thought it would affect the computer in a negative way. I would recommend Carbonite for anybody dealing with important documents on a computer that cannot lose the information.
ConsThe least of what I liked about this is probably pricing. I feel like it should be a little lower for a backup system. There are quite a few plans to choose from but think the pricing for all of them should be a little lower. Other than that everything is perfect!
September 17, 2018
Gregory W.
DBA
Government Administration, 10,001+ employees
October 9, 2018

“Great Backup software - expensive”

OverallI hav ebeen using Carbonite for about 5 years.
ProsCarbonite was one of the first cloud backup services available. For an annual fee (which can be renewed for up to three years at a time), you can have all your files uploaded to a secure server. All files are encrypted and stored safely until you need them again. Carbonite constantly checks your system for new files and updates the backup as needed. Carbonite also has an option to back up your entire system--not just document files. The best selling point is that your files are encrypted before they leave your system.
ConsCarbonite is a bit on the expensive side, when you consider that there are less expensive options available for simple (unencrypted) cloud services. Also, restoring a backup from Carbonite can take many days because of the encryption/decryption process. Unless you absolutely need a system backup, use another service for cloud storage.
October 9, 2018
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Dependable service”

OverallHave not had to use at work because no problems. However, several years ago at home I did lose my files and it was easy to access and download what I anted. I truly wish they had not increased their annual fee but I am using a freebie. I don't have the money at home to have Sea Gate to backup everything but we do have at work along with Carbonite. However, when the contract expires we will be leaving Carbonite because they charge too much.
ProsCarbonite works behind the scenes and I have used here at work and at home. You can be confident your files are available if they are lost on your computer
ConsThe increase in the yearly fee. There are other systems that do similar saving like in cloud that are free. You would still need something like Sea Gate to back up the external and that would cost more in Carbonite but it would make more sense paying for. However, Sea Gate is a one time purchase.
September 19, 2018
Kim T.
December 5, 2016

“Peace of Mind”

OverallWe have used Carbonite for at least 10 years. It has saved us more than once in the case of hard drive failures. It is easy to configure. They now offer multiple plans and help you decide which one will best serve our needs. I gave the features and functionality 4 stars because it occasionally does not connect to their server and it waits 7 days to tell you it hasn't backed up a particular computer. We now are in the habit of checking for backup daily. Compared to other backup methods we have used in the past such as tape drives or rewritable cd's or cassettes, this is far superior. I used to worry about having our data in the cloud, but times are changing, and they have some tough encryption.
ProsEase of use. Tough encryption. Competent support staff, real people to talk to.
ConsThe 7-day delay in notification of failure to back-up.
Recommendations to other buyersBetter safe than sorry.
December 5, 2016
Heather W.
Paralegal
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2018

“Reliable”

OverallOverall this is a great product for adding another method of backup to your files for a good price.
ProsI like that this software is very reliable. It is working in the background constantly updating all new files. Not only that, but it doesn't slow down the computer while doing it which is a huge plus in my book. I've had many other software programs slow my computer down and I end up ditching them. If we accidentally delete a file, we can go into Carbonite and recover it.
ConsA couple downsides to this is that if you do happen to lose your information, it takes a long time to download all of the files back onto your computer. Another downside is that Cabonite does not backup any files that have the symbol ~ in the name. I use this often to put certain commonly used files up at the top of list for quick access.
October 10, 2018
Accounting, 1-10 employees
December 23, 2018

“Carbonite has saved me a couple of times”

OverallI needed the ability to back up my laptop to a remote location. I've used Carbonite for probably 10 years. I had two instances where hard drives went bad during my busy season. Thankfully we were using Carbonite on each computer. I was able to get up and running within a day and ever since then, I've used Carbonite. It's a lifesaver and gives me piece of mind knowing that my files are safely backed up.
ProsIt's easy to set up and operates behind the scenes. You don't even know it's running and it backs up your files to the cloud. Super simple to set up and use.
ConsI don't have any issues with this software. The prices is reasonable, the back up process is simple, and it's a great piece of mind software.
December 23, 2018
Jessica F.
Accounting, Self-employed
September 25, 2018

“Set it and forget it while having peace of mind”

OverallI've had them for over 10 years in my personal computer and I've been very happy. I didn't care for the business version so chose not to use it for my business as there are other products that offer a better value.
ProsOnce you configure your initial backup, Carbonite will take care of everything for you on auto pilot. New files and changed files will automatically be backed up without you having to remember to. Restoring files after a catastrophic hard drive failure took a while due to the size of the backup but worked well.
ConsPrice has been increasing steadily over the years without adding value, other providers are now more competitive price wise.
September 25, 2018
Ken B.
Marketing Director
July 26, 2018

“Carbonite has been there for me through a few system crashes - had my date backed up and ready to go”

OverallGreat backup of my work - only downside was slow in getting them loaded back.
ProsCarbonite was my safety net when my system crashed. I have created a LOT of marketing material over time and it is imperative to have a backup system. I was able to find the files I needed and load them back. Their phone line customer service was also top-notch the one time I called. They were professional and helpful and had me up and running quickly.
ConsThe main detriment is that if you have a lot of large files it will take you a long time even with fast upload speed to get your files loaded back.
July 26, 2018
sharon m.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 14, 2017

“Good backup software for personal or home use”

OverallPeace of mind knowing my files are backed up.
Pros- You can back up an unlimited amount of photos, music, and files. - You can easily see what files are included in the backup, and easily add more files. - Backup is continuous, you don't have to check it or worry about it. - Overall a good backup solution. I have not had any problems or errors.
Cons- It takes forever to retrieve your files. I am restoring files from my old computer to my new one. It has been going for about three WEEKS and it is now at 83%. However, if I needed one particular file right away, I could search for and download that one sooner.
July 14, 2017
Erik P.
Director of Technology
May 25, 2018

“automatic cloud backup”

OverallPeace of mind.
ProsBeen using it at home for years. Very reasonably priced. I love that it can run automatically during the specified hours so I don't have to worry about it using bandwidth. Files are then available to other devices.
ConsVideo files are not automatic. You have to specify to back up each one, or a bunch at a time, but it's not as automatic as other file types. So, every once in a while, I search file type: video, select all, and make sure they're all being backed up. Interface for getting files from the cloud is a little slow and clunky.
May 25, 2018
Don B.
System Integration Mgr - CAS & Bus Partner
Aviation & Aerospace, Unspecified
April 18, 2018

“Sleep well knowing your data is protected!”

Overallit provide the peace of mind knowing that your data is always backed up. It does this on a daily basis, so you have the most up to date image of current data.
ProsOne of the best features of this software is the ease of use. Upon setup, it walks you through the entire process. Doesn't get any easier than that. I've used this software for several years and during that time had on two occasions lost a hard drive and all the data on it. Thankfully Carbonite was there to restore.
ConsI've used Carbonite for several years and honestly don't have any negatives for this program. It just works!
April 18, 2018
Dustin D.
Information Technology Administrator
Research, 11-50 employees
January 19, 2018

“Reliable Software that provides piece of mind”

OverallI really liked it until they implemented the HUGE price increase. Perhaps it was a problem with just that one employee but they definitely need to get better at communicating changes to their customers. I'll be switching to a more cost effective product once our subscription is up.
ProsEase of install - It is extremely easy to deploy Carbonite. I have installed it on our Windows 10 workstations as well as our server VMs running Windows Server 2012. Each time the process is quick and simple. I also like the custom updates it provides on backup status. It also lets you customize backup policies for each individual device to optimize utilization.
ConsThey wanted to increase our yearly cost by more than 50% with minimal account upgrades. Our account was set to renew automatically at this increased price with no warning. An account rep reached out to me a 6-8 weeks ahead of our renewal date but wouldn't respond until we were about 2 weeks out. At that time he informed me our price was going up. The strange thing was that under billing it still showed the price we had been paying for the past six years, and showed we would be charged the same amount again on our renewal date. If he hadn't mentioned it on the call they would have charged us the new price without informing us until we received the receipt. I really did not like that their system was showing one price but they planned to spring another on us.
January 19, 2018
Greg H.
Chemicals, 201-500 employees
December 14, 2018

“Carbonite”

OverallIt has been a life savor for me. Our owner had lost his laptop and I was able to fully recover his data to restore on new laptop. He was extremely great full that we had this software installed.
ProsUsers love being able to login on phone/pad and view files that have been synced from their workstation/laptop. Also, gives them security that their files are backed up if something went wrong with their workstation/laptop.
ConsNot really con but depending on amount of data, syncing it up and recovery can take sometime to complete.
December 14, 2018
Lance C.
National Sales Manager
Computer Hardware, 501-1000 employees
November 20, 2018

“Carbonite User”

ProsWe use Carbonite on all of our laptops in our office. We do not have a central server and so everyone has company information stored on their laptops. You select which folders, files or drives you want backed up. It will back them up and you really don't need to do anything. I had to restore a few files and it was a snap.
ConsSometimes it goes offline and I need to reboot my laptop to get it recognize my mac. Once I do that it is all good to go.
November 20, 2018
Alex K.
Managing Director
January 4, 2018

“Used to be great but functionality has been reduced”

ProsIt's quite easy to install and set up and you can leave it just to do it's thing. Plenty of storage space. Mobile app is also usefully for accessing files.
ConsIt's now expensive compared with competitors. Functionality has also been reduced over time which means that some things are no longer available or you have to buy a more expensive package. Basic licence only covers one computer and it's quite expensive to add more computers. Poor renewal deals for loyal customers.
January 4, 2018
Spencer J.
Director of Researcfh
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“Carbonite provides the peace of mind you need for your files”

ProsI like the peace of mind that Carbonite provides, knowing that my files are constantly being backed up. I don't have to worry about losing one file should something go wrong at my workplace.
ConsSometimes Carbonite loses its connection to the internet and sends a message that you have not backed up in X number of days/weeks. I have to reboot the server and this usually fixes the problem, but it can be annoying to have to do that.
March 5, 2019
Pete D.
January 18, 2018

“Excellent way to back up my personal files, pictures, videos.”

ProsIt is extremely easy to set up. My media folders are already set to back up each night so as I add files to these folders I know they are being stored in the cloud for me.
ConsFrom what I can tell there is no easy way to get your files back if your computer crashes. When I say easy I mean fast way to get them. The upload times to back up your files are long, so I can imagine if you are trying to restore a backup it would take days.
January 18, 2018
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2018

“Love that Backup, Hate the Slowdown”

ProsCarbonite has saved my butt a few times when I've lost files. You used to be able to also see files on your iPhone but that feature was discontinued. I do like that you can choose what specifically to back up.
ConsIt slows down my computer A LOT. I've talked with tech support and they've tried to help but no matter what, it's slow. I set Carbonite to only run while in the middle of the night and that helps.
December 5, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“Best cloud backup”

ProsI love Carbonite for backing up my files on my computer. The thing I love best about it is that I literally don't have to do anything. My files are backed up every day on their own. The files are also accessible from any computer if you sign into your account.
ConsOnly drawback I would say is that sometimes it takes a little while for the files to download onto the cloud.
February 5, 2019
Becky T.
Director of Implementation
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2018

“Peace of mind and ease of access”

ProsI love how quickly I can access a file on my computer remotely from my phone - for example, I recently went on a trip and forgot the itinerary spreadsheet I had saved to my desktop at home. It only took a minute to retrieve it while waiting at baggage claim.
ConsI have not had any issues with this software, except forgetting to unpause the backup sometimes.
October 23, 2018
BRAD W.
Construction Division Foreman
July 2, 2018

“An essential product for anyone with critical information stored on their computer”

ProsVery easy to use. We first started using Carbonite about 7 years ago when we lost our entire hard drive to a virus. Unfortunately, we hadn't signed up for the service prior but we quickly learned our lesson and have used since.
ConsI've never been a fan of monthly subscriptions. I would rather buy the product and purchase additional storage if needed. Other than that it is a great product.
July 2, 2018
Deborah H.
Marketing Manager
February 10, 2018

“Easy as it can get!!”

OverallI just like the feeling of my information being protected.
ProsWhat's not to like. Download, simple set up and you're protected. It's really that way. What a great feel to know that your information is being constantly protected. It doesn't slow your system down either.
ConsI would always like it to be free to users but I doubt that will happen. I'm sorry but I really can't think of any cons.
February 10, 2018
Insurance, 1-10 employees
February 15, 2019

“Ok until it isn't. ”

OverallQuit working and customer service was unable to help me get it working again.
ProsOnce set up it is very easy to use. It will continue working in the background.
ConsCan have errors or quit working and the user not be aware. The bing that makes it nice, automatic hands off backup, also makes it a danger. You need to verify frequently that the software is doing its job.
February 15, 2019
Lester E.
Technology Director
July 13, 2018

“Great online backup service”

OverallIt helps me to sleep at night.
ProsYou can backup your server and desktops using the locally installed software. You have great control over what and when everything is backed up.
ConsWhen I needed to do a full server restore, it would have taken days to restore. I contacted Carbonite which sent me a hard drive with our backup on it, which save me many hours.
July 13, 2018
Larissa H.
April 30, 2018

“Great desktop PC backup solution! ”

ProsCarbonite works well for backup of desktop PCs, but the product is lacking when it comes to server/enterprise level backup. It's good value for the price when it comes to desktop PC back.
ConsThe server file restore process takes significantly more time than I have experienced with other enterprise-level backup solutions, which results in more down-time in some cases. We have a high speed wired Internet connection to our servers, but file restore from the cloud can take days to complete in most cases.
April 30, 2018
James J.
Executive Director
11-50 employees
April 9, 2018

“Easy to set up for peace of mind”

ProsWe've used Carbonite in our office for years. We recently upgraded to a higher package, and I enjoy the ease of use. Carbonite backs up our files in the background and gives me peace of mind, in case of a catastrophic loss of data.
ConsCan slow down the use of the computer sometimes. Especially if trying to delete a file that is being backed up at the time.
April 9, 2018
Brian B.
Founder & President
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
March 18, 2018

“Essential cloud backup solution!”

OverallAbility to restore files to a new computer.
ProsCarbonite provided outstanding customer service when we needed to transfer files to a new computer. They walked us through the entire process and saved us hours of heartache!
ConsThe price point is fairly competitive with other cloud backup solutions and sometimes they offer discounts at time of renewal if a 5-year plan is chosen.
March 18, 2018
January 16, 2018

“Good Program but can get Pricey”

ProsIt offers an additional back up source for me at a reasonable cost. I am a belt and suspenders type of person so I want multiple back ups of everything I do. This provides me with an easy way to have an extra backup source.
ConsI looked into using this program as my main back up software but when you start looking at the server version it can get expensive in a hurry.
January 16, 2018
Jennifer D.
Clinical Psychologist
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2019

“Great Product!”

OverallIt has been excellent. Highly highly recommended.
ProsIt is so easy and works so well. I have had a computer crash and was thankfully already using Carbonite. It was so simple to load everything on the new computer. It is absolutely worth the money.
ConsI don't like when they contact me to try to upsell new products. The one I have works great for me. I wish I could opt-out of promotional emails, but I also think others can benefit from the other products so I understand why they do it.
October 3, 2019
Linda H.
Sales Agent
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2019

“Insurance!”

OverallI have had to recover files and it was easy to figure out how to do it. In one instance I needed technical support and they were responsive and helpful
ProsI use this product on my personal and business machine. If my computer were to die, I can easily recover everything
ConsI like it, it works great. I have recovered files myself with no assistance
May 2, 2019
John O.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 29, 2018

“Backups You Can Count On”

OverallOur consulting firm runs on computers. Backups are essential to our business. Carbonite solved our backup problem, period.
ProsI like everything about this software. It's easy to setup. It runs in the background, and I don't even notice it. You have access to your files online.
ConsThere is no con, except maybe the price. But, you get what you pay for.
December 29, 2018
John K.
Account Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2018

“Simple, reliable and reasonably priced file back up system!”

OverallContinuous, reliable and automatic file back up to the cloud.
ProsI love that Carbonite is constantly running in the background and instantly and automatically backs up file changes and new files without me having to do anything!
ConsThe price is little bit high compared to some other alternatives. but the ease of use of this software makes it worth it.
July 25, 2018
Ross K.
Biotechnology, Unspecified
April 2, 2018

“I use Carbonite to backup my data files.”

OverallPeace of mind that my data is backed up.
ProsThe fact that Carbonite runs in the background and ensures my files are always backed up is great. Once it is setup, you do not have to do anything with 95% of your data.
ConsIt would be nice to have it automatically backup all file sizes - without going to specific large files to add them.
April 2, 2018
Kim T.
March 20, 2018

“Great peace of mind”

OverallPeace of mind that our data is backed up.
ProsOur data is being backed up continually with minimal interactions from the user. Multiple computers are bundled together on the same account.
ConsAs with any automatic software, it is a good idea to check weekly to see if it really is doing what it is supposed to. There is an occasional glitch.
March 20, 2018
Phillip L.
End User Computer Specialist 2
February 8, 2018

“Set it and forget it.”

OverallStress free off site backup solution.
ProsEasy setup, easy upgrades. Product is easy to navigate. It's file icon feature easily lets you see what has or hasn't been backed up.
ConsPricing structure has recently changed, not offering previous plan. Pricing model has increased without offering explanation of what current plan covered.
February 8, 2018
Rob J.
VP
January 17, 2018

“Good”

ProsWith so many different types of backup software out there I think this is the best deal for a single computer. I love to be able to look up things from my backup on the app.
ConsThe thing I least like about it is that you have to manually choose to backup each video. That is a real pain and I have no idea why they make you do that!
January 17, 2018
Jeff G.
IT Manager
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
September 3, 2019

“Carbonite Safe works”

OverallCarbonite has been great. Easy to do business with, and the tech works well.
ProsCustomer support. When something fails, they're all over it. When I need a restore, they're all over it.
ConsWell, new agents come out often enough that it can be difficult for our small IT team to keep up, but it's a necessary evil.
September 3, 2019
Joni L.
Entertainment, Self-employed
March 12, 2019

“Carbonite is great, but could be better”

OverallFor the price, it's worth the piece of mind.
ProsThe security of having my files automatically backing up to the cloud.
ConsFiles aren't always uploaded as they exist on your computer. For instance, instead of files being in a folder, Carbonite sometimes uploads the folder (empty) and files individually. Very annoying.
March 12, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
December 9, 2018

“Always getting E-mails that backup did not occur!”

OverallIf you save a lot to your computer, I would suggest this product.
ProsIf I were in need, I think this back up could be a lifesaver. Thankfully, I have never been in that situation. I also like that it is automatic.
ConsI get e-mails very frequently that my backups are not working. It is frustrating to pay for something that is not actually serving its' purpose. Also was unaware I set up an auto-renew. Went to cancel, and found out I just recently paid for a year.
December 9, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2018

“Carbonite works well - until you want to restore a large file”

ProsCarbonite is pretty easy to set up, and it will capture changes in files pretty quickly. It's a set-it-and-forget-it backup utility. You simply choose which folders you want to be backed up, and it will monitor for changes and get the files into the cloud.
ConsCarbonite owns your encryption key, meaning that when it does encrypt, the employees of Carbonite could theoretically gain access to your data. It's better to use a service that allows you to create an encryption key (there are many alternatives). Also, the biggest con to this is restoring. When you are restoring from the web interface (because, say, your server/PC is dead), then what happens is that the page will time out during the download. When this happens the download is canceled and you have to start over. For restores of large files, I've had to sit in front of the computer to click within the window every few minutes so I wouldn't get disconnected. Also, they are not HIPAA compliant, they do not encrypt the data prior to transmission, and I don't trust their security.
May 2, 2018
Construction, 11-50 employees
October 30, 2018

“Can access all your laptop files remotely”

ProsWith the Carbonite Mobile app, you can easily synchronize all your laptop desktop files to your smartphone. As such, your desktop appears on your phone. I love how I can easily access all my files, including send new files from my phone without having to take my computer with me.
ConsThere is a lag in time when you create new files on your desktop and when they finally appear as a new file on your smartphone.
October 30, 2018
Greg H.
Construction, 51-200 employees
February 9, 2018

“Great software at doing complete backups”

Overallcomplete backup of laptops/PCs
ProsGreat software at performing complete backups to your laptop/PC. Ease of setting up and starting backups on laptops/PCs.
ConsThe navigation to view your backups on carbonite.com. I feel the interface could be cleaned up a little to make it easier to access.
February 9, 2018
Tracy S.
January 9, 2018

“Glad our office used this backup system. It works”

OverallBacking up our computers and system every night
ProsThat is back up our office system every night and if something crashes we can back it up from this system.
ConsNot having unlimited space to back up our system that our office pays for every year. Getting the email that your space if also full.
January 9, 2018
Willie M.
CTO
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2019

“Buyer beware !!!”

OverallLast year I dumped my external backup drive to have a "more secure" off site backup alternative. (BIG MISTAKE) I saw many promotions on their service, everything made sense. Cost was reasonable and all that. So I enrolled. Made sure that all my files were backed up through their app and all of that. One day My hard drive crashed... OMG,,, well no worries, Carbonite has my files backed up. I proceeded to restore my files. Surprisingly I noticed that my restore was going WAY SLOOOOOW. I diagnosed my network, new hard drive and internet connection. I have 400 mbps internet service... Well I found our that after all my download was not exceeding 3 mbps. I proceeded to call tech support and after many attempts and escalations the told me that that was the maximum throughput I will ever need. That no matter which plan I enrolled their technology will not allow for greater speed because they do one file at the time,,, they encrypt and then decrypt,,,, they cant do it any faster. So, be prepared to wait weeks for your download to complete. Just don't expose yourself to this scam... It will NOT save you when you really need it.
ProsPrice and easy to configure. Customer support was very courteous and professional
ConsIt doesn't perform as advertised and/or expected. Restore function takes forever no matter how much bandwidth you have available.
February 8, 2019
Jason Z.
Independent Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 20, 2018

“Full featured Backup and Recovery software”

OverallOverall, dispite the cons listed above, its pretty much a hands free product and easy to use. it does everything that you might want it to do.
Prosseveral levels of backing up and recovering methods, imaging, file and folder, excellent bandwidth throttling tables. local backups and online. easy to use interface
ConsSeed drives. I wish they offered seed drives to speed up implementation of backup initial installation. many small offices dont have large connections to upload, so it creates a giant 3 month long backlog of incremental. They recently changed the local app to a more "windows 10" feel. I dont care for it at all. I like the classic layout. The cloud website isnt synced very well with the local cllints as far as backup reporting goes. many times its out of sync.
September 20, 2018
April 24, 2018

“A life saver!”

ProsI like the easy access to backed up files. I have had to use our backup multiple times, and the files were restored quickly.
ConsI didn't like when I had to completely restore my computer from my backup a few years ago, and it failed.
April 24, 2018
Thomas K.
General Manager
April 19, 2018

“Carbonite has saved me more than once!”

OverallThis software is wonderful when you need it. Losing files and documents is very scary. Carbonite backs up automatically and provides great peace of mind.
ProsThis software WILL restore documents and files back to their rightful place, fairly quickly. The backup is automatic and runs in the background. Great peace of mind.
ConsCarbonite can be difficult to use without calling support. The manual uses too much industry jargon for my liking. But this is not a deal breaker. Support is courteous and helpful. I switched to a different company once for promotion, lost some files and tried to restore, and it didn't have all the files. Came back to Carbonite asap.
April 19, 2018
Robin S.
Intake and Marketing Coordinator
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
April 2, 2019

“Reliable back up system for small business”

OverallOur back up system was less than desirable, and it failed often. Carbonite solved that problem and we can verify that back ups are done daily. Since we deal with a lot of information, it is critical that we always have a reliable back up in place.
ProsEasy to set up. No need to bother with it after set up because it just does its job.
ConsNo cons that I can see. It is simple to set up and adjust, if needed.
April 2, 2019
James E.
IT Technician
Farming, 201-500 employees
July 28, 2017

“I do not have enough space to tell you of how this software fails.”

OverallI can not offer any user a benefit to using this company for backing up critical user documents, pictures and data. My recommendation is to find something different.
Pros It was installed and configured by the previous admin, that's it.Honestly there is nothing positive about this software.
ConsHorrible user setup, Bad server support, Software required daily administration to keep users up to date. Customer service was terrible. No matter what the reason for contact tech support they could not resolve even basic errors. Server support would bloat our data backup and would not release expired backups. Unable to restore ANY user files no matter the user backup size. The software/ company cost me over 300gb of lost data due to failed server backups. The final straw was when they had a security breech and sent all users an email "click on this link to reset your password" What happened, as I was told a senior executive decided to blow out ALL customer access passwords and send this email to reset. Oh, and let's not forget that this little blowup allowed you to use the SAME password that just got dumped.
July 28, 2017
Retail, 1-10 employees
April 16, 2019

“Great Choice for Cloud Backup”

ProsEconomical. Easy to set up and configure. Backs up files automatically in near real time. User-friendly interface.
ConsCan get costly when adding multiple computers and devices.
April 16, 2019