WorkOtter Ratings

Overall

About WorkOtter

10+ Users. Setup Fee Required. WorkOtter makes your project management easy and visible. Get the best tools you need to simplify your work, at the best cost. Keeping it simple with enterprise grade features. Built in reporting easy to chart and manipulate | What-if scenario tool | Forecast vs Utilization insights | Easy and customizable dashboards | Smooth integration with Excel, MS Project, Office365 | Clear and responsive interface | Fast Setup | Centralize tasks and scheduling | Cloud-based Learn more about WorkOtter

Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 13, 2019

“Working productively - Easier Done!”

OverallWhen I needed assistance, I got just that. No runaround, no leading, straight answers, and confirmations. As I've stated, you will have to take some time to learn the program but it's for the benefit of alleviating management tasks. Have questions, you can always call customer service to fulfill any lingering questions/doubts. I'm more than happy with my experience and I relaying my appreciation to others has provided others with the same positive experience!
ProsEase of access is something every project manager, team, boss, or client, looks for in much of the planning process. Provided within the Excel Spreadsheet, helping to better utilize WorkOtter, are different resources which enable easier accessibility. As a project manager, efficiency is something I'm always looking for, without having to go through the hurdles of worrying about maintaining organization. The WorkOtter forecasts enable me to see the efficiency/productivity of different departments/projects within the company without having to recreate the wheel. It also allows me to see how different members of the team are keeping up with responsibilities - effectively managing productivity all at once - and keep track of workload. Certain projects will burden team members, but it's difficult to assess without a system that provides that resource and WorkOtter provides the analyses to highlight areas of need be it hiring new staff or contracting. I can use the resource management and capacity features to increase productivity while also enabling the Open API's to connect with other systems. Data collecting on WorkOtter allows for presumptive planning by stretching projects out to better visualize productivity of tasks. The project timeline keeps managers focused on what's coming up, what's overdue, and what's been completed. It's more than just a list of dates but a visual tool that is color-coded and for those who want to move from the usual, basic, calendar and date method.
ConsGetting started can be a little overwhelming. There are a lot of features and it takes a bit of time to get comfortable with the platform. I had to sit down and study it in order to feel truly comfortable and this is something that could get in the way for others who aren't apt to figuring things out on their own.
May 13, 2019
Hessel F.
PMP-certified Project Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2018

“It is outstanding project management software system that is rich in features.”

OverallIt is an incredibly useful PM-system and it really helps the PMs to manage their projects. In addition, it has an outstanding dashboard option which makes it easy to generate real time dashboard reports. This means that the PM can focus on running his/her projects and can communicate adequately with management without having to spend hours on weekly reports. Trust me, I have been there as a PMO and with other systems, the PMs have to agonize over reports. WorkOtter enables generating reports with the flick of a finger (literally)! Another benefit is resource management, which is often missing in PM systems. They often make it easy to assign resources to tasks, but it doesn't help if you can't see who is over allocated. With WorkOtter, it is easy to see and also to move resources between tasks. Finally, WorkOtter syncs with 'familiar' tools such as MS Project or Jira. This made it easier for me to get to use it, as I have lots of experience with them.
ProsI have used numerous PM software systems and they each tend to focus on certain features. WorkOtter has numerous features which means it makes it much easier for PMs to manage their projects. For example, it has a section to initiate requests, which is usually missing. It has comprehensive resource management and the reporting module is an absolute dream! I could go on and on, but this section has specifically asked for what I like "most"! I am a PMP-certified PM and, as such, am really particular about PM-software. I have used industry standard software for a number of years and when one takes a look at WorkOtter, one can see immediately that that one has been short changed. WorkOtter is the ONLY software system that I have used that has features that should be basic in any PM-system.
ConsI personally really like the interactive nature of the system, but I think that slightly less technical users may need to undergo a learning curve in order to get the full benefit. Imagine graphs that can be dissected and dragged and dropped to look more meaningful! Yes, you may need to try a bit to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, you will fly!
Jessica D.
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
December 20, 2018

“By far the best project management software!”

OverallThere are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.
ProsWe use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role. Not only does it have amazing features, but it also created a supportive and team building work environment. The software automates team collaboration and has brought us together as an organization in many ways. You can easily keep track of status on tasks, and easily assign team members with work. So, you will be always on time. Our communication as a whole has never been better. By far the best product we've used!
ConsThe software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.
December 20, 2018
Muhammad Ali K.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
July 3, 2019

“User Friendly and very effective PM software”

OverallSatisfied to choose WorkOtter as our Project Management software. Developed exactly according to the needs of Project managers. Organizing our tasks were not been as smoother as these are now with the help of this Software. WorkOtter seems like a member of our team which supports us in an incredible way.
ProsWorkOtter has provided us an opportunity to get control over our complex tasks. Organization of tasks is extremely simple in the software. The software is highly user friendly and doesn't require hours and hours of training to get used to it. Perfect software for scheduling and communication. As a PC I am always updated on the project, it takes few moments to have a check on the activities of my colleagues. Integration of files is easy on to the online database. Easy execution of sharing and uploading files saves time. Assigning taks to members has become so convenient with WorkOtter. 2 way synchronization with JIRA is an additional benefit. The interface is aesthetically designed which is soothing to eyes. The level of customization in the software made me feel empowered and that is what you need as a PC. Lastly, it is affordable and the amount of benefits it entails definitely makes it worthy to use.
ConsUntil now the software is working pretty fine. There are no major glitches which we have encountered. Initially, some very minor concerns appeared because it was a new software for us however, the more we are using it, we are getting familiar with the software. I think due to its high customization we are unable to find any major drawback so far.
July 3, 2019
Alex S.
Insurance, 51-200 employees
April 13, 2019

“My best way to save time”

OverallFirst of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it's easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn't some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.
ProsThe thing I've liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I've received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it better. Also, on my e-mail I got all updates, but I got attached dashboards. Also, another thing I've liked were the interactive visuals inside reports and I mean by that I could see all the work using infographics and custom the schedule, see my workers' individual work. With that, I could understand all the complex data easier, discover patterns and find the problems of my workers so that I could talk to them.
ConsI think WorkOtter is the best software I've ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I've discovered on other softwares like this but I can't complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won't disappoint us in the future.
April 13, 2019
February 13, 2018

“Project management was never easier before! WO is a comprehensive and contemporary PMP solution.”

OverallA professional project management tool that can be utilized to ensure a higher ROI.
ProsThe app comes with awesome features like exhaustive project planning tools, portfolio management modules, human resource allocation and collaboration with team members, useful professional reports and charting options and several utilities that make life easier for managers like me. I am fascinated to see how easily I can create a LCM (Life Cycle Model) flowchart and assign tasks to my team members in no time. Moreover I can track performance of my team members vividly and can take adequate actions as and when required. The data is laid out neatly and can be accessed with a few clicks. The datasheets can also easily be downloaded and mailed. In addition any datasheet in Excel or CSV format can directly be uploaded and integrated to the online database without any hassle. But above all I appreciate the clean and easy-to-use interface that makes my job faster and more efficient. The simplified approach ultimately saves me recurring cost, execution time and corporate resources. Just imagine that one can even customize and relocate the columns in the datasheets! I cannot ignore the fact that WorkOtter is affordable and I do not have to spend money like water for the product. In reality a business can reduce managerial cost by a significant limit by using the wonderful cost-effective software! The last but not the least, as the tool utilizes the most contemporary SaaS architecture, I am happy to believe that the app is fully secure and my data is protected.
ConsWorkOtter does what it should do serving the objective of a sophisticated project management application and it is difficult to find a loophole in it. However it gives a scope of improvement when the web version and the mobile version are compared closely as a few features are desktop-only and are not available on the mobile version of the app. Nevertheless the mobile app is equally fast and useful. Though I have already praised the UI greatly, it could be better if it could offer users a few color schemes or skin templates to choose from to customize the interface.
Chester D.
April 9, 2019

“WorkOtter: A Dream come true for every Project Managers”

OverallIt was a wonderful and satisfying experience with WorkOtter. I must admit there were challenges but their 30 days implementation plan really worked wonder. We were never worried because the support teams were really knowledgeable and were there to support us until we have successfully have deployed the system.
ProsOne thing that I really liked about Workotter is the way how we can customize the displays. It gives Project Managers a lot of flexibility to customize the dashboard into his own style. It offers simple and a very easy way on how to create your own custom menu, where you can assign your own categories and reports. This saves a lot of time getting the right information or data that you want. Truly, this is one of the strong assets of Workotter. Another great thing about WorkOtter is their support team. they have answered my queries in the fastest manner and more importantly they are friendly. They have handled all of my queries during the 30 days implementation and so far I am more than satisfied with their support.
ConsAs per evaluation, so far we are very happy with Workotter. Though, we encountered some challenges setting it up, but all of those are just minor concerns that has been fixed already. The experience so far has been great. They have an amazing support that helps us set our business up and running. We know we made the right choice with Workotter.
April 9, 2019
Matthew M.
February 11, 2018

“Everything I need and then some!”

ProsWorkOtter has been great so far! I am usually a bit nervous whenever we pick up a new piece of software to start using, especially with something as critical as project management tools. The WorkOtter support team was great with onboarding and getting the team up to speed relatively quickly. Now that we've got the software set up and have had some time to move our projects over, we're starting to see the full benefits. The email reports have been great and were really easy to customize to my liking. Clean dashboards seem to be a really popular feature these days and WorkOtter's are pretty great. I like that I can keep the information I need right at the top and have other, less important information pushed down the page. Customizing the layout to my preferences was straightforward. If there's something that catches my attention in the dashboard, I will usually drill down into the more detailed view and export that data into Excel where I can do my own manipulations. Since I'm still a bit more comfortable with Microsoft Project for a few edge cases, I like that integration between the two pieces of software is straightforward. Usually, I try to avoid exporting though, because the built-in tools in WorkOtter almost always cover my use case if I just put in a bit of effort to learn them. All in all, my experience with the software has been great. It's comforting to know that if any questions do come up, the support team is always responsive.
ConsNo major complaints about the software, once we got used to the fact that it's entirely cloud based and some features are desktop only.
Ilya P.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 19, 2018

“Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.”

OverallWe became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.
ProsI'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful. It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting). You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time. System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.
ConsThis solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

By WorkOtter on November 27, 2018
Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us. We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library. We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!
February 19, 2018
Nick C.
CTO
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“More than project management”

OverallHaving used many different project management tools, WorkOtter seems to take the best of each and combine it into one system. As someone who leads a team, it's been fairly easy for me to onboard project managers and other stakeholders who need access to our projects and workflows.
ProsI really like the ability to customize displays as different members of our management team prefer to view the dashboard in other configurations. It makes working with a team pretty simple and allows us to constantly adapt as we build out our projects through the software. There are a lot of ways to automate aspects of team collaboration which has been helpful for us not having to delegate those tasks to someone else. It's been easy to get our team to buy into the system with the email updates sent out to our management team. Naturally with any new software certain members of the team aren't as quick to learn the whole system but the emails allow those who aren't as comfortable on the platform get a snapshot of various projects and extract the necessary data. The software also integrates with a number of other web apps and software using their API's so we've been able to continue to use our favorite tools and we are now using them more efficiently since it's tied into our project management system.
ConsNo glaring issues with the software, everything has been working well. There are some features we use regularly that are only available in the desktop version but it hasn't really prevented us from doing what we need to do.
November 27, 2018
Andrey L.
Recruitment Coordinator
Translation and Localization, 1001-5000 employees
May 20, 2017

“Is a very user friendly tool, it can be used by Junior or Senior PM, simple, efficient and dinamic. ”

ProsI really love how simple the tool really is, with that I mean, if a have a new Junior PM or Project coordinator in the team, will be easy for that collegue to get into track very quicky, is not like other tools where you have to spend hours and hours in training. Next to that, the tool also provides with amaizing advanced PM features that allows me to have everything under control, create reports, update status, check changes and all that. Another great part of the software is how interactive the reports are, as a Project Manager i am always looking to provide with information in the most simple way possible, WorkOtter allows me to do that but without leaving behind the visual and interactive side of it. A project usually mean time and time will ALWAYS mean money, one of our favorite tools as PM in order to have time under control are the Gantt charts, WorkOtter offer me a great variaty of interactive features in order to make my charts more useful and correlative at the same time, is incredible the amount of information that you can get from a good structurated Gantt charts, thanks to this tool now I can provide the status to the folks almost everyday without spending hours updating the chart and the info.
ConsI will like to been able to personalize the user guide interface of the software according to a specific project or company, this talking about branding and marketing. For example, when I am in a meeting been able to personalize the reports and tools
Deana M.
Program Development, 1-10 employees
April 14, 2017

“WorkOtter has changed the way I manage projects”

OverallAs a project manager I am always looking for ways to add a visual aspect of projects to share with my team and with WorkOtter's dashboards I can make this happen. Role management is also a great way to keep my team organized and focused on only the data and elements that they need to see. The resource management tool is a lifesaver. It allows me to track my team's utilization as well as scale up or down the resources I need to get any project completed on time and under budget - without burning out my team members. MS Project sync is another excellent feature to get a project started in WorkOtter. I can work out the details I need regarding my project privately via MS Project and then upload it to WorkOtter so that my team can view the plans, resources and budgets as needed. The option to continue working in MS Project or switch entirely to WorkOtter is valuable and seamless. I also find the ability to easily create custom reporting on the fly a feature of great importance. Quite frequently I am called upon to present timelines, budgets or resource constraints which makes it helpful to present data in an easily readable format to my customers or executives in a timely manner. WorkOtter is a great tool in a market of sub par competitors. If you are a Program /Project Manager, Solution Designer or Developer, WorkOtter will help you stay on track and remain informed of your responsibilities and those of your team members.
ProsThe dashboards are easy to create and full of valuable information. The role management capability is crucial to managing resources and budgets. The governance model helps team members understand the work flow and how things get done.
ConsThe software needs to be more flexible to integrate with 3rd party solutions outside of MS project. There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.
James D.
Senior Project Manager
February 11, 2018

“WorkOtter represents the two most important features of project management; discipline and agility.”

ProsI am the Senior Project Manager for a Digital Marketing Agency and have been doing project management work for over 20 years using Microsoft Project primarily. The greatest advantage WorkOtter provides is the ability to do project setup once and then iterate through changes to the project plan such as scope increases, new requirements, changes to the resources needed to support the project and even group interdisciplinary projects into portfolios at the click of the mouse. A project manager the ability to take advantage of the automated features of WorkOtter such as data analytics and visualization to show the most critical executive the status of things (good and bad) in a matter of minutes vice hours and days.
ConsThe learning curve to become highly proficient with the software is significant. However, the return on your investment of time to learn the intimate capabilities of the software is high. You will recoup all the time spent leaning how to use WorkOtter through the reduction in time to manipulate the project to show a detailed performance picture for the work being done.
Andrew M.
IT Project Manager, Application Development
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees
February 11, 2018

“Definitely makes my workflow easier. At various stages of a project I can easily adjust utilization.”

OverallWe're saving time and blowing our old time-consuming processes away which drives our profitability.
ProsMy team's view on our PMO forecasting has never been more positive. WorkOtter lets me easily track and manage the assignments of resources while juggling multiple programs and client needs. None of my other tools have been hindered since I can hook right into MS Project and still provide the other reports my stakeholders are looking for. Plus there are some new reports within WorkOtter that give a new view into the allocation without having to re-schedule planning in another tool. Scheduling the reporting outputs into weekly emails is a cool feature, and has worked well by eliminating standing meetings that previously took too much time to cover the resourcing status to various directors. Team forecasting has greatly improved since being introduced into WorkOtter, and that saves us from finding out from clients where projects are either over or under allocated. Now we have the views to address needs with much more agility. The sandbox tool for project and portfolio planning helps our teams in planning sessions without having to save off multiple baselines before committing to our selected revisions.
ConsWe really like the ability to configure the questions, fields and layouts of the responsive interface. It would be great if we could apply our own theme to the skin of the layout to match our branding for our internal users.
Whately K.
Administrative Assistant
May 29, 2017

“All I ever wanted plus Works with JIRA!”

ProsWell, me and my team used to manage all our projects with MS Project but the integration with Jira never worked quite well so I was looking for a different solution and I had a very positive experience with WorkOtter. Something that really surprised me was the support team, they were amazing and helped us out during the entire transition process which was a great deal as my team was overloaded and could not leave their daily jobs to work exclusively on this software transition. One other thing that seems simple but was a big deal for us is that WorkOtter send reports to users emails automatically. We have to do that a lot during the day and it saves time.
ConsI am from Brazil and they support English only. I already mailed them with this suggestion but no ETA yet.
Khan S.
Project Engineer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
May 21, 2017

“Fast, Efficient, Collaborative and User friendly”

OverallI can easily keep track of the tasks, issues and risks. It also makes budget allocation very easy. Instant sharing and cloud platform makes it a very easy, efficient and handy tool.
ProsThe thing I like most about WorkOtter is that it is cloud based and so it can be used collaboratively within a large group without any issue. And that enables real time update and tracking making it very efficient. Tons of necessary features like interactive dashboard, gantt chart, PM features, forecasting, budgeting etc makes it a must have tool for project management. The dashboards are tailored to type of user, customizable reports, instant sharing, automatic distribution are some of the most desired features. Compatibility with excel and microsoft project is a big plus. I am using it for about two years and really satisfied with it.
ConsNo notable cons, but aesthetically could be a little more attractive. But still does the job enough.
Jingwen K.
Virtual Assistant
May 29, 2017

“WorkOtter - Best Project Management Tool!”

OverallThis software keep me on track on all my projects that I am working on. It keeps me organized, efficient so that I could finish my project on time.
ProsAccomplishing my work with WorkOtter has never been easier. It is so user friendly, and planning and scheduling can be done in a jiffy with Resource Management. One of the best features is Microsoft Project integration because I could download my work directly to Microsoft Excel.
ConsI simply love the functions of WorkOtter and there is nothing that I can think of needs to be improve. However, it would be great if there are more than one language to choose from while using of the software, in the event that people from Asia would like to use or purchase the product for business.
Juliano S.
Customer Support Representative
May 28, 2017

“Complete system, still easy and simple to use”

ProsWhat I like the most about Work Otter is how simple and intuitive it is to work with and I am saying that compared to all other systems I've tried before. Overall it can be simple but it has advanced features that come in handy for a project manager, features such as status reporting, risks mitigation, changes to the project etc. Another feature that made a huge difference is that I can subscribe to a certain report and WorkOtter sends me regular emails with updates so I don't have to log in all the time to see what's happening to my project.
ConsI am not a fan of cloud based systems and that's how Work Otter works but so far it's working so let's see how it goes...
Lisa E.
IT Project Manager
April 16, 2017

“One of the Greatest PPM tools- We Love WorkOtter”

OverallWorkOtter allows us to actively manage our projects and it has rich functions available to customize, create, and track any and every part of the project from every stage. It is used in any sector that needs project management. It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to resource management and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer sometimes. This aids in productivity because it is adequately sets up the system for our company's needs. As far as usability the product is great because it it simple and easy to learn. The tool is also great because it can integrate with Jira and MS project. We have several teams that use JIRA and MS Project and the integration makes it easier for our productivity. One of our favorite features are the dashboards because it also helps identify issues quickly and get to the really meat of the project faster. We have worked with several different PPM tools and WorkOtter is definitely one of the best products for PPM out there.
ProsIt really hits the nail on the head when it comes to Portfolio management, Resource Management, and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer needs. Furthermore, the integration between JIRA and MS Project is a plus because they are commonly used in many companies.
ConsThe graphics are good, and I realize it is an incredibly dense program, but even more enhanced graphics and general layouts would help from an aesthetic standpoint.
Recommendations to other buyersIts one of the greatest tools out there and the usability is great!
April 16, 2017
Aline M.
R&D Packaging Analyst
May 30, 2017

“Helps team collaborate, it is a solid and flexible system.”

ProsWork Otter has a clean and straightforward interface, with interactive visuals you can customize inside the reports. It also presents an excellent array of features for project managers and support for integrating other tools like Excel, Microsoft Project etc. It was nor complex at all to get started with and the whole system has a clean and up-to-date appearance, very intuitive which made it easy for me to figure out the basics of how to use it within a few minutes. Best PM system I ever used.
ConsI would like to have local storage options, the only storage option currently available is Cloud and I am not really sure if this will work forever.
Carolina N.
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
May 29, 2017

“Good for cross geo management, my team loves it!”

ProsSupporting a team spread between India, United States and Brazil is not easy and I had a hard time getting everybody on the same page but Workotter was the perfect tool to fix this gap. All dashboards are customized to the user's role so I can determine exactly levels of access, views, authorizations I want them to have, this way I protect the data and ensure a safe environment. Something I noticed a huge improvement is the project overall tracking. All my Team members find it easy to keep up with the assigned activities and have proper tracking of each project status and time and resources spent. Everything is great so far.
Nathaly S.
PMO
Food Production, 201-500 employees
June 2, 2017

“Straightforward, affordable and consistant plataform”

ProsI work with a team of senior and junior analysts so the intuitive interface that WorkOtter provides facilitates the work of knowledge multiplication and sharing of ideas. Being reasonably priced I was able to expand it to our other facilities and the team could use it to share their projects to each other more efficiently, due to the superb cross-project visibility, best practices were used among them. I can definitely point out the timesheets, reports and customizable dashboards as a positive feature, the visibility of information are to our team are as important as the content itself, so it took that on our advantage.
ConsWe have facilities around the world, I would like to suggest the app for our other sites, but English is the only language available.
Gisele M.
Purchase Order CSR
May 30, 2017

“This is a great project management system, incredible tech support too!”

ProsSince I work with 4 different product categories in my company, the aspect I like the most about Work Otter is the ability of building project portfolios according to the category or work force I am working on for example. Before purchasing this software I had the chance to have a free live trial, the team was very supportive and patient showing all available features. WorkOtter was an affordable ppm considering the other options I had in hand.
ConsWorkOtter in available only in English and I have employees in other countries, they understand English but not really well. It would be good to have it available in other languages.
Edberto C.
Buyer
Packaging and Containers, 10,001+ employees
May 21, 2017

“An Amazing Project Management Tool ”

OverallThis software transformed how our supply team handled our projects, this has given us complete control of each activity, and increased our productivity dramatically. So, this program has done more for our company than any other that we have tried in the past.
ProsWorkOtter is a complete project management tool, it has a simple user interface, much simpler than some other of its competitors, but is also has advanced PM features as well. You can customize it to look basically just like you want it, if you want, you can arrange your projects in a portfolio, for example. Any PM tool needs great storage as well, and WorkOtter gives you unlimited storage so you can link and attach documents without worrying about size. You can assign tasks to other team members, and you can easily check status and track activity times as well. So, this is easily the most complete, user friendly and usefull Project Management tool I have ever tried. Definitely recommend it.
Nicole M. K.
Assistant Manager
February 14, 2018

“For using Project Management Software for the first time, I'm pretty darn impressed with the turnout”

OverallA project being completed smoother than ever before, since everyone is kept up to date on reports and completion of goals.
ProsI've never used a Management Software with my team, so I was very impressed with how easy it was to get things started and customized to fit our needs. It was extremely nice to be able to quickly interact with the team by knowing all of the updates made to our projects and the deadlines that were completed and by who. All reports of status were emailed to the rest of the team - so even if they were off work, or out of the office they still know what is going on. Our project was very big, so the unlimited storage space was an instant plus for us too!
ConsHonestly, the team loves it. However, it will be nice once there are more languages available. We have a team member who's native language is Spanish so we had to help him along the way with learning the software.
February 14, 2018
Debra R.
Project Manager/Support
Executive Office, 201-500 employees
July 1, 2019

“A Better Way!”

OverallService has been there to assist with everything including set-up. We were given every opportunity to ask questions and to understand the answers. Everyone, who will be utilizing the software, have been happy with the software and seem glad we have chosen this.
Pros1) You're able to prioritize projects according to budget. There is an assessment and assessment scale which helps with the "business value". 2) There is a risk module built in, which is advanced, but our team uses this and it is great to have it 3) You can check who is most available when creating your team. You can see what level each resource is already allocated. 4) Reporting is built with numerous reports and they are all good ones.
ConsAs with any software, there is some set-up required. So far the set-up has been easy. Training everyone has taken a short time but that's no fault of WorkOtter or the software. No real "cons" thus far.
July 1, 2019
Barbara t.
Online Sales Coordinator
February 11, 2018

“Incredibly user friendly. Easy to use. Broad range of features. Amazing customer support.”

ProsI love the fact that this software is so much easier to use than other systems I have tried before. It's just so simple to get started with. And whenever I run into a problem and I need help, they have this amazing support team that always answers all my questions. In general it serves all my team members really well since they can easily keep up with the work and constantly track the time and status of all projects. Another feature that I really like is that management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with the necessary dashboards attached to it.
ConsI know it sounds unreal, but nothing really until so far. This program simply has been great for us. The one thing I can think of is that the only language currently supported is English. My company could do well with Spanish for example. But it has not been a real issue.
Daniel Q.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
May 20, 2017

“Easy/interactive excellent program to use! ”

OverallVery versatile and EASY program (at least that i have used in my experience as a PMP certified PM) to track like a road map your task on projects, sort, pivot, and filter tasks, engage and compare stages of your project. One thing i liked is the ability to play with "what if scenarios" and see how that affects cost, times, etc overall in your project. You have tons of great analytics to use, Gantt charts, Critical path, heatmaps, matrix, time bubbles... ohhh! and dont forget this can be Integrated/export/import with/from JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project! All reports can be also emailed to users.
ProsVery versatile and EASY program (at least that i have used in my experience as a PMP certified PM) to track like a road map your task on projects, sort, pivot, and filter tasks, engage and compare stages of your project. One thing i liked is the ability to play with "what if scenarios" and see how that affects cost, times, etc overall in your project. You have tons of great analytics to use, Gantt charts, Critical path, heatmaps, matrix, time bubbles... ohhh! and dont forget this can be Integrated/export/import with/from JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project! All reports can be also emailed to users.
ConsSome features might need updates as new updates are added/edited by Project Management Institute. Missing the updated software or new patches part.
Lisa J.
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 9, 2019

“Highly functional”

OverallThe teams are informed and quickly set up. From implementation to support, we enjoyed our experience.
ProsThe ability to lock in current status and perform sensitivity analysis Being able to manage and effectively allocate resources Love the project manager view with current projects, statuses and milestones. Instead of reviewing a shared calendar, Gantt Chatt and individual PMS system, it's all in one. Drawing clear attention to what is foremost with familiar colors and signals. Project Kanban Board Customizing Columns Filing Sharing Opportunities (Unlimited file share service) Tagging People Available Work tab Log time dialog box Love the dashboards (ability to add components) The ability to pivot information for certain department or project area
ConsNothing I consider a con. It's so great!
February 9, 2019
ruba a.
Planning Engineer
February 13, 2018

“very easy to use and understand, with a simple interface ”

ProsStart simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) and Manage Gantt charts with interactive features with Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others ,Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage ,in other programs I should use 3 softwares to have this data
ConsNothing really so far. Has been great I have this notes: 1.Currently English is only language supported 2.Cloud is only option 3.Single currency
Clayton S.
Procurement Analyst
Plastics, 201-500 employees
June 6, 2017

“Great transition support”

ProsI decided to give WorkOtter a go on a change management project I was working on and it was honestly a great experience. I found it to be a very effective system to operate on, in what concerns usage. The support team was also of big help, since they were always available to answer questions and doubts in this transition. The automation and intuitive aspect of the software allowed our most untrained coworkers to take full advantage of its features while our senior coworkers utilized the opportunity to expand their ideas.
June 6, 2017
Agatha R.
PMO - Human Resources
Chemicals, 1001-5000 employees
May 28, 2017

“Collaboration is the key word for this PPM.”

ProsThis is a capable project management and work management tool that comes with several excellent dynamic features for helping teams work on projects through completion. What I like the most about this PPM is that collaboration across the team increased after WO was implemented. My team is able to keep track of work, track time, provide status and share documentation, we no longer have files in different places and different version which is something that help us avoiding errors due to wrong data, avoids rework. Gantt charts are easy to set up, view and edit, as a PMO this is crucial and I appreciate how easy it is to work on Gantt charts with this program.
Mubashir R.
Head of Project Management
Information Services, 201-500 employees
May 27, 2017

“WorkOtter is instrumental in building and sustaining the best software on the industry”

OverallMy company is managed to get the most valuable resource for the right project,
ProsWorkOtter helped us easily assess how well we utilized our entire resource pool is on an hourly, daily or weekly basis, helping us to ensure our most valuable resources are used to maximum effect, and our workload is balanced to avoid sustained periods of time on the bench. As a head of PMO, improving project delivery of my Project Managers which helps reduce project cost and increase profit margins. Secondly the report and dashboard method of reviewing information and viewing the current status of operations provides a significant opportunity to make our business more efficient and quick to respond to issues and opportunities.
ConsPersonally we love the integration with MS Project and JIRA, however would like to see intregation with Basecamp.
May 27, 2017
Daryl B.
IT Financial Project Management Consultant
July 11, 2019

“WorkOtter from the Top Down or from the Bottom Up | Comprehensive Project Management Reporting”

ProsFirst, branding matters: By thinking ahead to allow the end-users to make customer changes to color schemes, logos, images, and arrangement of views, the software puts the customer (user) first. The dynamics of the software are comprehensive: executive level summary reporting, project management leadership reporting, and task ownership visibility with full access management solutions.
ConsI don't see this as a "con", but rather an opportunity for greater reach. I would enjoy making this solution available to more clients with greater ease of integrating the software with other solutions. Examples: Project/Project Server and ALM. Making integration via data importing from other systems/tools would be a great selling point for me in offering this software as a solution to other clients.
July 11, 2019
Valeria T.
May 22, 2017

“WorkOtter has really made my life easier”

OverallIt makes things go faster, smoother and more efficiently.
ProsIt's so easy to customize WorkOtter that it allows me to adapt it to my needs as they shift around all the time. Being able to attach docs with no storage limits is great. WorkOtter allows team members to keep up with work and track time very easily. It's really simple to use even though it has advanced PM features like changes, risks, issues & status reporting. One of my favorites is that reports can be automatically emailed to user saving me so much time.
May 22, 2017
Silvana C.
Management Assistant
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
May 20, 2017

“Great experience working with this highly configurable software. I found it easier to work with. ”

OverallMy job is easier.
ProsIt looks simple at your eyes but it has very advanced features that allow you to manage what really matters: issues, risks, changes and status reporting. I can do really cool interactions since it shows me everything what's going on in my organization. Very interactive and visual software that allows me not only to see and arrange my projects but to build my own dashboards and share them with other people from my organization. This is the kind of tool every manager requires. Not only it automates team collaboration but it can also be integrated with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project.
ConsI liked every single aspect of this software. I think it meets the requirements that every manager needs to have in order to manage, control and share the company's projects.
Leticia R.
Corporate PMO
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
July 11, 2017

“This is everything I had to do manually before, it helps a lot to have automated help.”

OverallAutomated features that otherwise I had to do manually or with very complex Excel files.
ProsResource management and capacity planning features Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) Management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with attached dashboards Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others Manage Gantt charts with interactive features Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage Dashboards tailored to the user's role Integration with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project (2-way) Reports can be automatically emailed to users
ConsCloud is only option (no local onsite version available), the company that I work for is regulating Cloud apps.
July 11, 2017
Morgan M.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
April 14, 2017

“Meets all my custom needs”

OverallWorkOtter really takes into consideration all types of projects. The dashboard is visually appealing and easy to navigate, allowing for quick status updates. Plus it's customizable based on your role in the organization. The user/resource management piece is most useful for my organization. Many systems allow you to assign resources, but WorkOtter is unique in that you can import your org structure into the system, creating a whole new level of resource management. My favorite part is the ability to build or import templates and tools. As a Certified Project Manager through the Project Management Institute I always go to PMI to find templates that are relevant to my project. Having the ability to import these templates directly into my workflow is a huge benefit for me. I would highly recommend WorkOtter for any project, large or small. This is next level management.
ProsThe resource management is incredible because it syncs with your org structure. The levels of project vs. portfolio management is helpful for a high level overview and displays nicely on the dashboard. The ability to import custom templates and tools is my personal favorite.
ConsThere are so many features you may not use them all, but they're there when you need them!
Recommendations to other buyersIt plugs in to other systems (like Microsoft Project) easily if you need to do so for compliance reasons
Clare M.
Construction, 51-200 employees
December 3, 2018

“A very useful full scope project management”

OverallUsing WorkOtter has been great. I most of my project data has been seamlessly integrated into one easily navigated location. Timesheets, schedule updates, even team communication can all be done using WorkOtter.
ProsThis is a great tool for seamlessly integrating all team members into the project management process. Displays and reports are easily customizable for use in any industry. It's wonderful that it can be integrated with most programs I use for managing like Microsoft Project and Excel.
ConsFor the most part I have no complaints. It has been a critical resource. There are a few features that are not available on mobile. However, I work in construction and some of my team works in the field with limited access to a computer. The fact that there is a mobile option has been very useful.
December 3, 2018
Barbara C.
Project Analyst - PMO
Food Production, 5001-10,000 employees
May 19, 2017

“I love it! Clean layout and very intuitive.”

OverallTeam work made easier and effective!
ProsI am very satisfied with this software, I had no idea it would be such a great match for my team. I was looking for a tool that allowed my team to keep track of every tasks on our project and WorkOtter was a great choice, the team adapted quickly and I was able to track their status as well as time. Another great thing about it is that is super easy to build Gantt chart with all the features the tool offers. Also, since we work with technical drawings and product packaging arts, our files are usually really large and with this software, different from the one I had previously, I can attach these files without worrying about the size limitation! Anyways, pleasantly surprised and highly recommend WO to anyone.
May 19, 2017
Filipina R.
Project Coordinator/Auditor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
April 8, 2019

“Best features and User-friendly”

OverallEveryone we've worked with has been very nice and they were fantastic from sales to implementation up to their support system. Also, WorkOtter has no surprise charges or pressure to expand our licenses so they just made the whole process so much more enjoyable. I am glad we chose WorkOtter.
ProsWhat I really love about this software are: First, my team members can easily keep up with their work and track their time and status. Also, this gives them good tools to monitor the project themselves. My team is very comfortable using the software Secondly, it has the ability to configure/customize the displays and play around its best features. And lastly, it starts simple but its great advanced PM features like monitoring company issues, risks, changes, status and reporting makes this software the best.
ConsWell, we have no complaints so far since the software has catered to what we exactly needed for our project. They complied basically on the project's needs and how we want it to be setup. We are so glad we picked WorkOtter because it makes everything run smooth.
April 8, 2019
Becky B.
April 24, 2018

“Lots of great features ”

ProsI like that WorkOtter allows you to know when someone who is running late on another project is going to be late on your project.
ConsNothing significant. Maybe could be faster at times but I'm not sure if that is our own internet connection.

By WorkOtter on November 27, 2018
Hi Becky! Thank you again for selecting and adopting WorkOtter. We agree with you on the performance and are working tirelessly to improve it. Since this review alone we have improved performance and purchased new servers which means - on average - pages loading over 60% faster! Thank you for your honest feedback and keep it coming! We strive to make WorkOtter work for you (pun intended!) :)
April 24, 2018
Debora H.
HR Analyst
Chemicals, 501-1000 employees
June 7, 2017

“Reports status easen ”

ProsInformation can be easily transfered to email Automatized system for users and their teams Record of unlimited data on cloud Communication among users through dynamic dashboards Advanced features such as risks and issues management Link documents with no capacity limitation
ConsI speak English, but I would like to have the option to change the system to my mother language, which is Spanish.
June 7, 2017
David P.
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 13, 2019

“WorkOtter has made my workload much easier leaving me time for more critical tasks.”

OverallIf you are managing many projects and teams on multiple platforms you will love this product.
ProsThe ease of setting up the Instance with the Excel Spreadsheets that are included with the software. This saved time and was so easy to understand, unlike other software that requires a developer to comprehend and set up. WorkOtters ability to connect with other platforms is a powerful benefit most other PMS companies fail miserably in providing.
ConsWe were a little annoyed at first for having to wait to begin however, the customer service team was so helpful. I personally am ecstatic that we were patient and gave the team time enough to tailor my product to the exact needs I had.
August 13, 2019
Larissa T.
R&D Product Senior Analyst
June 2, 2017

“Excellent online platform. Attractive to small teams...”

Pros Fresh and smart design Easy to create a project and generate tasks Assigning roles and changing users' permission level is simple Great support team Improves and facilitate team collaboration Simple to customize the displays Able to create portfolios
ConsNo cons... This is an excellent online platform... I just wish it was translated into other languages
Lorena Q.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 17, 2018

“The first complete, easy and friendly Project Management software our Company has used.”

OverallThe main purpose for why we decided to start using the system was because we noticed we needed a system to assist our team with projects planning and to monitor for completion while taking in consideration its overall resources, components, and stakeholders. Our CFO is extremely happy because now she can go over the financial on each project and do all the forecasting needed in a very easy way.
ProsI really liked the ability to configure/customize the displays so you only see the information that's relevant for your Company without needs to go out to settings screens or long setups with support members. Also, I found great the possibility to link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage, a feature that always brought us issues with other systems we have used in the past.
ConsActually, according to the use we give to the software in the Company, I'd not have anything to say. I'll just mention even that the mobile version works great, some of the features are desktop only, but for us, this does not present an inconvenience.
December 17, 2018
Kat T.
PMO
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 28, 2018

“Definitely "A" for efficiency ”

OverallI like to use this software.
ProsI like the very simple interface but have a lot of very relevant Project management features. You can try out resource planning on the fly and see a result of the planning real time. Management will be able to compare foretasted & actual hours. There is also a view where you can see the available resource and the resource that is full utilized.There is a dashboard that give you a full BI report of for better tracking time spent, status of the project and allocation of project. Its not only very management friendly, but its very collaborative for team members to manage their own project. The best part is for starting the initial instance, I'm very satisfied with the initial excel spreadsheet to get started. You can customize columns, display and easy to configure the system. Aside from the features of the system, i am very happy with the support team they are very responsive with the issue i raised.
ConsI would say the limited Language option & the features for mobile option is quite limited. I would like it to be more regional friendly and mobile friendly.
November 28, 2018
Samantha M.
Retail, 10,001+ employees
February 12, 2018

“Amazing project management tool. Very interactive and easy to use.”

OverallRunning a project has never been easier. Reporting is a breeze, and having the information ready for each Steering Committee meeting is an absolute pleasure.
ProsCan get information at a touch of a button. Reporting and resource management has never been easier. Streamline of project status from an overall programme level is just so easy . Really enjoy having all the project management attributes in one application.
ConsExecutives are spoilt by all the bells and whistles. There is no where to hide the bodies and try to mitigate before anyone knows. Cloud being the only option is problematic, as some Executives like to have the information closer to home.
February 12, 2018
Jason L.
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
May 18, 2017

“At last found the simple cost effective project management tool”

OverallUser friendly , quick Project management tool
ProsDashboard : very user friendly.. all in one place. Click of a button , linked to all flows such as various projects, filters, estimates, Milestones, Resources, Staffing , Capacity planning. Program Management and Portfolio Options are a big plus in this software. Portfolio is like a Roadmap clearly showing start to finish and how the resources are consumed. For UI experience, Color coding making it very friendly. Reports Module - this has tons fo reports where we can see and select the desired reports. In summary, a perfect tool for Project manager, cost effective.
May 18, 2017
ARIFUL I.
project manager
May 21, 2017

“Unique Title Here - We Love WorkOtter”

Prosproject, portfolio, and resource management doesn't have to be difficult (or expensive) with WorkOtter you can get started quickly , manage all types of project, and build/update your own reports.
ConsEverything is a breeze in WorkOtter and the people are great.This software is very easy to work. work to be softly complete.