Quotient Ratings

Overall

About Quotient

Quotient is super-intuitive online quoting software that lets you create, send and manage your quotes. You'll save time and make more money with Quotient. Available 100% securely anywhere on the Mac, Windows and iPhone/iPad. Quotient seamlessly integrates with Zapier, Xero, QuickBooks Online, Insightly, Capsule, Highrise and MailChimp. Learn more about Quotient

Jean-Pierre H.
The Boss
March 28, 2019

“Made my life better - who would have thought”

OverallI hated doing quotes with a passion before Quotient, we used an Excel template and saved quotes in folders under client names. Our quotes were bland and boring it took ages to get basic quotes out and literally hours to do more complex quotes. Trying to keep track of when a client accepted a quote was a nightmare. We tried a few different quoting systems over the course of a few months and nothing compared to Quotient. Besides what I mention above, which is minor, it is arguably the best business app I have used. There are very few systems which have made such a significant difference to my day-to-day life. I would not have believed, before implementing Quotient, that changing a company's method of quoting would have a positive, instantly noticeable impact on sales and customer satisfaction. I honestly enjoy doing quotes now and probably do 3 times more than I normally would as it is so quick and easy. It has also streamlined our internal processes, as all quotes and accepted quotes are easily viewed and managed in a neat dashboard. All I can say is just try it you will not be disappointed.
ProsThe software is simple to use and intuitive - it requires the absolute minimal amount of clicks, making it fast to churn out quotes. The software's interface is fun to use and aesthetically pleasing. Quotient has features I would never have thought to use on a quote. These features seemed like frills but when used make a huge difference to quotes and how clients interact with them. The ability to add pictures to line items, have optional items, multiple choice items, recurring billing items and editable quantities - all on a single concise interactive quote - is amazing. My clients love interacting with quotes, choosing what they want and changing quantities. This saves me the hassle of re-quoting and having multiple revisions of quotes to manage. The system comes with a host of other features all of which I use, e.g. E-Acceptance that works, easy way to store and search through old quotes, the ability to add items into stock from old quotes, stats on quote acceptance and sales amounts.
ConsIf I had to nitpick, in the layout of the final quote the client receives I would like the quantity field to be in a separate field not in the same field as the item price. I just feel it would make it a bit easier to read.
March 28, 2019
David K.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2016

“Quotient online quoting system has helped to increase our bank balance!”

OverallI recently started using the Quotient online quoting system after I was introduced to it by my brother. I immediately started using it. The very first quote I did was accepted and I was so excited! I have used it ever since and the more I use it the more I love it. In my business, we service and support small to medium sized business for all the IT needs and these days you have to be very quick and on the ball with quoting. The Quotient online systems make this very easy and extremely convenient since you have all your quotes in one place, you can also create templates from your quotes as often you like. We will be quoting different customers on the same solutions. Also the fact that you can very easily show the spend split on a quote between once off charges and monthly re-accruing charges is just perfect for our quotes. The other nice features are the ability for the customer to be able to view the quote online, which means that the customer will essentially be able to view the quote on any device, like a mobile phone or tablet and not just his PC/Laptop, so there and then the customer is able to make a decision and accept the quote online as well, after which we immediately get notified. This in its self also allows for a much quicker turn around time for us in terms of the admin side of the process since we are then able to immediately issue invoices and collect any payments or deposits due, before starting any new project for a client. In the long term, this assists us great in managing our cash flows, especially on large projects. There are many other useful features, like the ability to put in the cost prices on quoted items and set a default markup percentage, which can the be adjusted per line item on the fly if required. Same stock items from different templates will also link up in database style list so that you are able to simply type in a stock code and if it has been used before it will come up. However, I do feel that the ability to be able to import a list of stock items with the required fields is a feature that is not yet available and I am hoping that the developers will take this into consideration eventually and implement this type of functionality. All in all a GREAT find in terms of a "cloud-based" quoting system and ideal for any company that is on a cloud migration strategy to move as many daily business functions into the cloud space.
ProsEase of use, quick and easy.
ConsA little expensive for more than 1 user.

By Quotient on December 6, 2016
Hi David, Thanks so much for your amazing review. You've really made our day! :) Just to let you know that imports (for your stock items) has been released just this week! More info here in Help & Support: https://support.quotientapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/204220534 Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this. Cheers Nathan
December 6, 2016
Rene B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
June 15, 2019

“Great looking quotes using Quotient”

OverallI was asked to use this program without any real training and was amazed at how easy it is to use. Very straight forward. Only thing I would caution is that you take the time to set it up properly because just like any other program, if it's not, it will lead to costly mistakes which has been the case with my current employer.
ProsQuotient is easy to use, provides multiple options that customers can either click to add or not click if not interested, giving you a great tool to up-sell some of your products while leaving your customer in control. It gives you the option to attach valuable PDF information about the product you are recommending in your quote, it reads easily, looks great, allows you to see your margin and tracks how many times and when, your quote has been viewed, so you always know if the deal is still alive. Customer support, although not used very often, is stellar.
ConsCan't say I have any cons at this point.
June 15, 2019
Justin P.
Vice President, sales and operations
Retail, 11-50 employees
March 31, 2017

“Quotient. Just. Works.”

OverallI have been a user of Quotient since October of 2015. From day one I have found this to be a fantastic tool. I feel strongly that tools should make me more productive and allow me to produce better quality work. Quotient checks all the boxes. Quotes are an everyday part of my work, I have used documents, spreadsheets, database tools, all of them leave something to be desired. With Quotient I can generate an attractive quote in minutes (sometimes seconds!) I can see if the client opened it, follow up if I need to, and all the while the tool is tracking my successes and failures. If only I could get the rest of my business software to be this easy. I love simple! Simple is Hard! Thank you to the Quotient team to making one aspect of my business simple.
ProsIt's simplicity, it does what it supposed.
ConsI haven't found any, cons are based on expectations not being met, I wanted a tool to help me efficiently prepare and deliver quotes. It does that beautifully. No cons here.
Recommendations to other buyersNo, it's so simple, if you've ever drafted a quote in a document you will be able to use this software.
March 31, 2017
Tom M.
Business Owner and License holder - Plumber, Drainer and Gasfitter
Construction, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2018

“Next level Quoting”

OverallWe choose to use Quotient for quotes over our job management and accounting package as we believe the additional functionality provides major benefits to our customers and increases our sales. Price is extremly good value for money. I would recommend this to any business.
ProsExtremely easy to use Multiple choice items is a great opportunity to give your customer the good, better, best options that most sales trainers recommend Optional items is another way of ensuring your customer has all applicable options and increasing the total job's value.
ConsAs we often deliver quotes to customers via iPads i would love to be able to have them sign for it on the spot.
September 12, 2018
11-50 employees
January 29, 2018

“Super functional and easy and low cost too!”

OverallIt has been one of the keys to our continued revenue growth of 50%+
ProsEasy to set up and intuitive to use. It was effortless to get our staff and clients to adapt to using it. The integration with MailChimp and QuickBooks is also a huge benefit to automating our systems! We've given access to almost every member of our staff, who now feel empowered to complete sales on their own. This has led to faster sales and happier customers who can get a purchase done immediately, even when talking with a designer or programmer about an upgrade.
ConsI know that the digital acceptance counts legally, but I'd still love for clients to be able to sign their signature on our sales tablet screen for acceptance. (It just feels good to them and to us to have that level of acceptance.)
January 29, 2018
Danny V.
IT Manager, Consultant, Sales and BDM
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
January 26, 2017

“Quotient review”

OverallQuotient has provided us with huge efficiency gains and visibility for our quotes. We trialed various quoting software packages and quotient fulfilled the majority of what we were looking for. Quotes are much quicker now and they look more professional, we have visibility on the status of the quote, its aging, conversion rates, sales made, whether it's been opened and conversations are kept relevant to that quote instead of in an individuals email box.
ProsEase of use. Visibility . Tracking. Templates. Sales made. Follow ups. Text items. Notifications for various staff.
ConsIt would be good to have things in price items like a hidden notes, so others can see workings out, or why a special discount was applied. But the biggest gripe i have is, not being able to search for a price item by any word in its description. You have to know what the price item starts with to add it.
January 26, 2017
Conor O.
Internet, 1-10 employees
March 6, 2017

“The single most valuable tool for my business.”

OverallI run a small digital agency in Ireland. We provide quotes for website and digital services to new clients. Quotient has allowed me and my business to appear really professional to business customers. As we do more quotes- quotient learns our most used products and packages and creating quotes becomes faster and more efficient the more we use this tool. Hand on heart - this is the simplest, most effective on line software for quoting. (Oh, and it connects with my accounts - xero. Although I don't really use that function. But that's my problem - I will soon!)
ProsFast, easy, great value!
ConsErrmmm. Will let you know If I find one.
Recommendations to other buyersThe more you use it - the better it gets.
March 6, 2017
Nigel M.
Producer/Director
Media Production, Self-employed
February 1, 2017

“Takes the chore out of quoting - so much so that it almost becomes fun!”

OverallI used to hate quoting. Opening Excel, reminding myself of my current costs, adding mark-ups and then writing the whole thing out in Word. PDFing the document, emailing it to the client and then chasing them up if you haven't heard back. A time consuming chore. And what a difference Quotient has made. Easy to set-up templates, customisable with a few design options, professional looking, auto-fill fields (which can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes, to be honest), a great dashboard and you can see when quotes have been opened. Plus you're reminded to prompt clients if you haven't heard a response and there's a digital fingerprint if the quote is approved. But for me, the best feature is that you can add in optional items that the client can choose to select/deselect with the quote automatically recalculating accordingly. This feature alone has saved me hours as a lot of the jobs we do have a number of options. Overall, a great product.
ProsThe optional fields.
ConsSometimes the autofill can catch you out if you have a few subtle variations in your text.
February 1, 2017
Greg W.
Partner Manager
January 19, 2017

“The best quoting software available”

OverallWe moved to Quotient in 2014 and have loved every moment of it. From the first day using it when we had to add items and create templates, we knew this was going to be the one. So simple but so powerful. Then, throughout the next 2 and a half years, the Quotient team have delivered all the best features that are well thought out and easy to use. Often these new features we didn't even now we wanted until they were launched and now we don't know how we ever lived without them. Sending quotes is now, almost embarrassingly quick where we have to wait before we click send as it seems to fast to have written the quote and sent it. The analytics, stats, and information you can get out of Quotient are really helpful for planning and the live tracking of opens and re-opens is great. I'd recommend Quotient to anyone who wants to speed up their quoting process and impress potential clients with their professional and innovative quotes.
ProsEasy, simple, and clients love it.
ConsNothing I can think of.
January 19, 2017
Ken B.
July 26, 2016

“It Just works! ”

OverallWe found this solution to be spot on and very easy to use. We think that the application is simple but has stretch technologies for growth. the support was timely and friendly which make any software experience better. Over all this is a great application.
ProsMonthly recurring option is something so many quote tools miss. Annual Billing options Options in the quotes to show more to the client and potentially up sell Xero Intergration- right to invoice Auto or Manually Margin Calculations for a business is a must( you can drop your buddies excel calculations sheet from high school ) Price point
Consnone to mention as it meets the need.
Recommendations to other buyersThis application is also affordable and can save you time with proposals. The cost makes up for it the first proposal out the door. Check this one out and you will be hooked.
July 26, 2016
Will B.
Store Manager
Retail, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2017

“Quotient - Quotes made easy!”

OverallWe have been a Quotient customer for over six months and it has completely sorted out our organisational issues. A new member of staff can learn how to use it so quickly due to its intuitive nature. Having a central app that stores all the details of customers and products makes life so much simpler. The old system had us searching through each others' folders for client information which could be both irritating and time-consuming. We are also able to keep track of the percentages of quotes accepted and various other helpful statistics through graphs and charts. We definitely recommend this software highly and have used it daily since we installed it.
ProsEase of use and storage of customer/product details
ConsWhen you edit a quote, you cannot view the old edition, which would help to show a customer the difference between the original and new quote
February 8, 2017
Will R.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
August 10, 2015

“Quotient Rocks and nothing else comes close. End of story.”

OverallWe use Quotient for engaging our clients with feature-rich quotes. Our customers can engage us via Quotient by making comments, selecting or deselecting tasks that they want or don't want included in their quote. We can even upload pictures and documents. Even great systems like Xero (with their own Quote system) can't do what Quotient does. It's the reason we stuck with Quotient -- they do one thing amazingly well. Their customer support is incredible too. If you want the best quoting system, and to see more clients approve your quotes, sign up with Quotient today! It's super-intuitive to use. You'll be up and running in minutes. Seriously.
ProsReally easy and intuitive system. Get started and master the system in minutes. Really powerful, easy-to-use features that help you lift your game. This system makes you look good! Great cost for what you get. It's a no-brainer. Beautiful user interface -- we actually enjoy using Quotient. How many apps can you say that about?
ConsThey're just too nice. Seriously, no cons that I can think of.
August 10, 2015
Harry J.
Operations Manager
August 3, 2016

“Quotient rocks!”

OverallWe looked at a range of different quoting tools, our considerations where - Ease of Use, Integrations and customer experience. Quotient ticked the boxes with all of these. We hooked it up to Xero and pulled through our product sets. Created template quotes and styles to match our brand. We've even A/B tested our accept quote button! The automation of quote -> xero makes things a breeze and our sales team can get quotes out to customers in minutes rather than hours.
ProsPrice Functionality Styles Integration
ConsNeeds more integrations! Slack integration "Quote accepted hoorah!" More CRMs - Pipedrive !! Recurring product support in xero would be awesome as well
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want a quick solution to getting more quotes accepted, look no further than Quotient.
August 3, 2016
Ross M.
Machinery, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2016

“Changed my business”

OverallTruly a great product. Saves up close to 30min per transaction. Also offers great marketing opportunity.
ProsProfessional layout, great database and easy track record on follow ups. Statistics also great feature
ConsTo not be able to add the contact number at first +new contact opportunity
Recommendations to other buyersCan one also have stats on different users separately?
December 7, 2016
March 6, 2018

“Great app”

ProsQuotient has streamlined my quoting and made life easier, it looks good and professional - my customers seem to find it easy to navigate and has helped my closing rate
ConsSometimes customers don't realise that they have to access the quote via a link in the body of the email, instead of in an attachment, but most people work it out quickly
March 6, 2018
Daniel R.
Retail, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2017

“I've been looking everywhere for a software platform like this. Amazing. ”

OverallTracking emails and quotes. See who have opened them. Ability to modify the quote with easy and attach pictures predone to save time. Everything is amazing.
ProsLove I can track from anywhere, anytime. I can send a large amount of follow ups which are pre-written to save time. Attach pictures of examples so my clients have previews of our products.
ConsNothing. Everything works exactly how I want it. The only thing I can think of that would be a great feature is online chat with the quote. As I think it could allows me to confirm quotes in real time.
May 2, 2017
June 15, 2018

“Quotient is amazing, quoting software!”

ProsWe appreciated the ability quotient has to sync with Quickbooks. Have a quote approved by a client and you can set it to automatically create an invoice or a quote within Quickbooks or Xero. Also, quotients will pull items from Quickbooks directly and just makes the quoting process really fast and easy. You can quote either a one time, cost or recurring items also which is great for subscriptions.
ConsFor businesses that provide a small number of quotes, the least expensive monthly subscription option, maybe too costly. If there was perhaps a pay as you go plan. We feel that more businesses would be able to take advantage of the amazing functionality and quotients for their needs.
June 15, 2018
Troy L.
Business owner
Graphic Design, Self-employed
February 16, 2017

“Awesome product, awesome guys”

OverallI'm a big fan of the quotient product it's the perfect solution for my business and I feel proud to deliver professional quotes such as these to my potential clients. The platform has many great features that i'm sure have helped me win a few deals. At times I've found it a little confusing to navigate but after hitting the help section I always seem to work it out. Definitely, the best part of my experience with this company has been the kind service they have provided. for example when i first was thinking about joining I was extended an extra month. Just now I have been working on a start up so I haven't used the product for a while, for some reason I missed the monthly payment emails and my account was suspended rightly so. I received a personal email by one of the founders asking why I was no longer a customer. long story short he kindly reactivated the account and gave me a months credit. Great service if you ask me!!! Thanks, Guys!
ProsCreates a professional quote and helps win deals
ConsMany times I've found it hard to navigate
February 16, 2017
Danny A.
February 26, 2019

“Very limited, extremely basic quoting program without many features others have had for 15 years”

OverallService people are nice and responsive. But this product should not be a released product for reason cited above. They say they will put the product improvement idea "read a last name merge field"???? in as a suggested feature for some future release, but if they have made any improvements to their product over the last 2 years I have not seen it. I am currently looking for a new program. Don't spend your time or money until they
Prosthe customer support responds quickly, but often with the answer, we can't do that.
ConsIt does not have many of the most basic features: Like a last name merge field. REALLY????? Very limited on how you can format your quotes, fonts, and color of everything. Putting in hyperlinking is limited and many of the things you can do, you have to do with code. Again really??? You have to enter code to change the color of a font? What is this the early 80s?
February 26, 2019
Richard I.
August 10, 2016

“An online price quoting tool that is everything you need and nothing you don't”

OverallQuotient is all you need and nothing you don't for online client proposals. We assessed several online proposal platforms, dismissing them one by one as complicated, over featured, time consuming to configure. Then we found Quotient and haven't looked back.
ProsSimple setup Professional templates Easily configurable for different proposal types Brilliant customer service Excellent value for money
ConsNot designed as yet for large scale sales teams. Would prefer a digital signature system over ticking a box to accept a proposal.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend this proposal software for small businesses engaging in regular client proposal. Many other platforms have more features but that added complexity is not worth it. Quotient is all you need and nothing you don't making it a pleasure to use. Quotient has definitely made our company proposals more professional, more timely, more accurate and with the sales options activated we are gaining upsells we didn't get before.
Furniture, 51-200 employees
March 15, 2019

“Quoting made easy”

OverallQuotient's customer service was great. The free 30 day trial allowed us to have a good test of the features and functionality we need. We really enjoyed the communication capture between quote person and customer. However, we found it lacking for complex quoting. If you have less than 500 items in your catalogue and you don't need complex pricing, Quotient would be a great fit.
ProsQuotient has a very nice look and feel. Especially the quotes that get delivered to customers. Very nice presentation. When you send the quote to your customer, they get a link to a website. On the website, they can put notes against any quote line, change order quantity, etc. When you customer is ready to sign off the quote, they do it all electronically. All the correspondence between you and the customer captured in the quote and the quote revisions.
ConsWhile the UI and customer experience is excellent, the administrative set up and usage lacks a lot of features. If you only need to quote basic items, it works fine. But if you have more complex quoting requirements, Quotient may not be right for you. - Product code - 30 character limit - Search is limited to looking for the beginning of a part code/desription string. If you are looking for a search term in the middle of a string, you won't find it. - Exporting data is not good. You can export quote summaries, but you cannot export at the quote line level of detail. (You can print to pdf, but you cannot extract the entire quote to csv). - You can set up multiple items with the same part code and description. Quotient does not protect against duplicates. - No functionality for quantity break pricing.
March 15, 2019
Matthew M.
August 23, 2015

“The Competitive Advantage.”

OverallI love Quotient. I knock out estimates faster than I ever have and our acceptance rate has jumped to over 90%!!! The ability to add images and PDFs to items on the estimates allows my quotes to include enough information for the customer to make a decision without calling me multiple times with questions. Hyperlinks become clickable in the estimate, so my clients can get even more information if they need it. Having the quote calculate my profitability makes calculating discounts much easier and is adding years to the life of my calculator. The biggest advantage of using Quotient, however, is the ability to mark quote items are required, recommended, or optional. This is, what I believe, the feature that has increased our close ratio the most. We no longer scare clients off with big estimates, but we allow them to add on the features that matter most to them to increase the estimate to match their budget. Support has also been great, quick and with relevant information. Of course, nobody can be completely satisfied. Here is what I still want at some point in the future: Freshbooks Integration. Multiple choice item that allows client to choose only one item. Agile CRM Integration. Ability to add all contact details at creation of estimate. Thanks again guys!
August 23, 2015
Jonty E.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2017

“Help push my sales up!”

ProsProfessional look and feel, my clients love the fact that they can accept the quote online without printing and scanning the acceptance
ConsCan't send automatic follow up emails, it would be great if we could schedule automatic follow up emails
July 9, 2017
Maria S.
Business Owner
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
April 30, 2017

“Absolutely Fabulous”

OverallSmart Professional editable quotes that work every time in a fast fashionable manner.
ProsI like the simplicity and neatness of the software and how the quote comes to life and looks absolutely professional and that you can edit and review at any stage of the process. I like the fact the gentleman running the show are totally professional, smart and quick to respond to any questions you might have.
April 30, 2017
NELSON C.
Pres
May 1, 2018

“our sales team is able to efficiently & accurately send out quotations to our customers”

OverallManagement control, efficiency, able to provide better customer service
Prosvery intuitive and easy to train our sales team to use. enables management to monitor status of quotations. great value for money.
Consprobably the only limitation of the software is to be able to do bulk edit of records such as products, quotes, etc. but this is not critical to our needs
May 1, 2018
Mitch U.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
April 7, 2017

“Impressed, great system. ”

OverallI have found a profound increase in sales since adopting this software for quotes. It has streamlined the process and with reuse or change quote to template, it saves allot of time. When I had a question or issue, responses were quick and accurate. I highly recommend this software. Being cloud based it also makes it easy to work from multiple locations and change a quote in front of a customer and they have the copy for approval in seconds. I look forward to more updates and features in the future. Thanks for simplifying my ability to provide quick quotes to my customers. Mitch
ProsEase of use, Template power and ability to create templates on the fly. Customer acceptance of quotes greater than 60%, far higher than before I used this system
ConsI would like the ability to have a downloaded copy of my data in the event of data loss
April 7, 2017
Austin A.
GM
Construction, 11-50 employees
January 13, 2017

“No Better Product for the Money”

OverallWe are a high end kitchen & bath showroom and deal with very unique products and services and this has been the only product that's well structured enough to create something simple, clean and presentable while still offering the customization we need with every order.
ProsCustomization, easy to use, printable, presentable
ConsNot able to easily "duplicate" items... but this can be done by creating your item library for commonly used SKU's
January 13, 2017
Svava S.
GM
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
March 21, 2017

“Quotient is Awesome”

OverallI love this app. Of all the software that we've switched to in the last few years - & that's a lot - Quotient is the friendliest & has had the most impact on our business. It's a joy.
ProsEverything
ConsUmmmm ....
Recommendations to other buyersNo
March 21, 2017
John L. K.
March 31, 2016

“Awesome Service!”

OverallI was using a Word document to send quotes to clients and realized my conversions were very low. I then started shopping for a service that would be affordable while still looking professional. I tried Quotient and was hooked! It is the most simple, effective, and affordable quoting service I have ever used (and I tried many of them). Using them has increased my conversions and has allowed me to track my quotes much easier! A+ service and product! Community Response Systems (www.communityresponsesystems.com) is a proud customer of Quotient!
ProsSimple and easy to use. Looks professional to send to potential clients!
ConsNone. I feel the program is simple enough to use. I believe drop down options for the same package with different payment terms would be helpful. Either way, I'm very impressed with how it currently operates!
March 31, 2016
Tiffany B.
Travel Agent
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2017

“Best out there”

OverallVery useful for my travel business. One of the only services of its kind that allows you to add photos and links easily. The layout is very clean and professional. It would be perfect if it had the ability to accept payments and signatures but that is just me dreaming. Still the best on the market!
Prosvery clean and professional looking layout
ConsWould like to be able to add options under each individual item. For instance I sell travel, would love to be able to add different room categories instead of making a duplicate item. That can get a bit confusing.
Recommendations to other buyersThere is a service called invoicely.com, if this service were to include the same accounting functions as invoicely it would take over the travel agent market. Just a tip... keep up the great work!
March 28, 2017
Philisa N.
Assistant Administrative
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2018

“Best software for professional quotations”

ProsI like the professionalism of their software and our quotations always come out from others
ConsI like it that you can also choose colours because with adding logos most softwares have that,therefore there is nothing I like least about it
Troy L.
Internet, Self-employed
October 1, 2017

“BEST EVER!!!”

OverallHelps project professionally to potential clients Keeps all info in one place for easy access. Helps keep me motivated
ProsIt helps me will jobs. Overall it helps keep track of everything involved with quoting in the one place and it helps me professionally project to potential clients.
ConsSometimes I get a bit confused when trying to do some tasks. I sometimes get a bit confused around sending the cover email and viewing that cover once it's been sent.
October 1, 2017
Brian B.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
April 24, 2019

“Probably great (once you get the hang of it)”

OverallI tested out the free trial, but did not move forward. Our need wasn't big enough to justify the effort needed to perfect our quotes and proposals (I can see easily how it would be powerful for someone using proposals all the time).
ProsThere are tons of features, and all in a modular set-up. Meaning you create modular pieces of proposals and contracts that can then be applied in different ways to different items. This allows of lot of flexibility and reduces redundant effort.
ConsThe downside of such a modular set up is that the learning curve is high, and things aren't very intuitive. I think you can get to an end point where the software works really well for you, but it takes some patience and effort to get there.
April 24, 2019
Bruce R.
Managing Partner
January 16, 2017

“So Intuitive It Was Adopted Faster Than Any Other New Software We've Used!”

OverallI was expecting a big fight, as almost always happens when we try to introduce something new to replace an existing software that everyone already knows how to use. (Even if they hate it, they are loathe to leave it.) This was so easy, training took all of 5 minutes and everyone started using it right away...and loving it. It seems like whenever we 'wished that it did something' that we want, we just take a look at it again and realize that it already does it. I don't know how they manage to meet all our needs and still make it so simple to learn and use.
ProsEasy, fast and complete
ConsI suppose it could be easier to search for text items inside a quote...
January 16, 2017
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
December 28, 2018

“Good quoting system but a little on the pricey side”

ProsHistorically I have spent hours creating quotes for clients. I found with Quotient it's easy to create a quote quickly and track when customers receive, read and sign these quotes.
ConsThe search function wasn't powerful enough for me and I did find the pricing on the high side for what it is.
December 28, 2018
Graham K.
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Beware of significant pricing increases”

OverallNo notice on pricing changes and got no response when I questioned the 50% increase
ProsI liked the software and that it integrated with our CRM (Insightly). The setup was easy and pretty useful.
Consless than 6 months after signing up I got a 50% price increase with zero notice. If you are going to make this part of your business watch out as they can jack your pricing at will with no notice. I also did not like that they don't have a pricing structure for small businesses other than jumping in to double the price per license.
NELSON C.
Import and Export, 11-50 employees
July 24, 2017

“Fantastic product with amazing customer support”

OverallEveryone on our team now is synced and our customers get quicker & more accurate quotations
ProsSuper intuitive. Did not need much effort to train team members. This is the first time we are trying a cloud based quotation application system and really great to have found the right one immediately
ConsIt would be nice if there is an option to indicate where images will be displayed in a quotation. aside from this it is really hard to think of anything not to like about this software
July 24, 2017
Philip M.
MD
December 10, 2017

“Amazing! Simply amazing. This software has saved us hundreds of hours each year.”

ProsThis software gives us the ability to offer our customers several options with each quotation and up-sell with ease. Because of the interactive functionality of the software, it's allowed us to provide a best practice scenario with each quotation and consequently, our average spend has increased.
ConsIt would be good to have somewhere to save another two or three follow-up emails. Obviously not a problem if you're automating this process.
December 10, 2017
Neil W.
1-10 employees
July 31, 2016

“Quotient Experience”

OverallI started using Quotient as a start up business and found the system very intuitive and easy to use. What's more, is that quotient gave me the edge over competitors who were not using an online system to generate quotes. My quotes came through to clients looking professional, gave me an efficient way to track sales and communicate with clients after the quote had been sent out. Customer support are amazing and were able to answer any questions with ease, responded very efficiently and were always very friendly.
ProsEasy to use and intuitive
ConsOn occasion, quotes were misplaced due to overly aggressive spam filters.
July 31, 2016
Dave S.
Ops Manager
March 23, 2016

“Quoting could not be easier”

OverallI just wanted to say how incredibly easy this program is to use. Up until now we've just had a huge filing cabinet filled with quotes that were never followed up on. Just a black hole of potential money. Quoting with Quickbooks takes far too long to build an item list and it's not worth the time if your customer is just scoping out a price. Just fill in the project scope and a price and you're all done. Detailed Invoices can come after once you've got the job and it's worth itemizing. I have two guys here who are about 2 years from retiring who picked it all up after sending out about 3 quotes. Since we started using it in late February we've sent out over 150 quotes. And we can easily see our conversion rates and who we need to follow up with. A big recommendation for us.
March 23, 2016
Rob J.
Owner head developer
September 8, 2017

“Fantastic does exactly what it says on the tin ;)”

ProsIt's simple and easy to use interface. You can set up a base template and send your first quote in no time at all.
ConsCould have a few more template design options. That's all it's great otherwise and recommend to other businesses.
September 8, 2017
Keith A.
Sales Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
March 9, 2017

“CHEAP AND EASY”

OverallWe are expanding our sales team and our current quoting software was not mobile, didn't integrate to our CRM choice. THIS IS AWESOME! I can give options rather than send three different quotes it communicated with my CRM. IT DID NOT BREAK THE BANK! THANKS GUYS and GALS!
ProsFlexability - quote from my smart device. Quote options- editable quantities, multiple choice, discounting the quote or each line. Simple to use.
ConsI didn't invent it!
Recommendations to other buyersTRY IT!
March 9, 2017
Andy M.
Operations Director
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2017

“What a time saver!”

OverallWe've really adopted Quotient quickly and have used the templates function to quickly build quotes, include blocks of standard text, that display like mini-proposals. Three of us have been using it during the past couple of weeks and have quickly got to grips with it. We are now really confident in rolling out to our team, confident that they will produce consistently high-quality quotes. We know they are going to love it. We have used the support function to ask advice and the response was quick and helpful.
February 23, 2017
Jessica A.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2016

“Fantastic, so easy to use”

OverallWe spend a lot of time quoting daily. Prior to using Quotient we tested our some CRM's with a quoting capability but nothing offered us a simple, quick and efficient way of quoting.
ProsSo easy to use!
ConsThere really isn't many cons to using Quotient.
Recommendations to other buyersAt first we weren't sure that Quotient was going to work for us because we didn't need to send out quotes directly from the system to the customer, so after some critical thinking, we figured out a way to adapt ourselves to using it and vice versa.
Tara L.
Teacher
Cosmetics, 501-1000 employees
January 2, 2019

“Great to help keep track of customer conversations”

ProsI liked how with Quotient it keeps everything in one place so I don't have to go back and look through multiple emails.
ConsIt took a little while to get used to how it worked.
January 2, 2019
hayden d.
April 1, 2017

“Excellent/Simple software by far”

OverallI want to note that I have given customer support a 5 -star, yet I have not used it. The functionality is simple and very easy to use. I have used Invoice2go in the past, which is also a great product..but this is better. here are my reasons: Quotient is even easier to use the options available while placing the quotes is far superior this seamlessly goes hand in hand with xero - Instantly! as soon as the quotes accept button has been clicked, it automatically shows up in xero in the draft invoices. from there its one click, and its sent. no need to retype the invoice to match the quote. I really like invoice2go, but I wont be going back. This is a superior software in my line of work. regards.
April 1, 2017
Josh P.
September 15, 2016

“Why No Predictive Search”

OverallThe program is great and very easy, but if you have many products/items then the predective search is only work on the first word. EXample - if you have an item call "Kitchen Yellow Cup" , assuming you remember that you need a cup, you then type C but your CUP will not show up, The search results only will show the first word.
Proseasy to use,
Conspredictive search, not has a native app (only via mobile browser)

By Quotient on November 21, 2017
Hi Josh, thanks for the review! Just to clarify, with the predictive search you can search by any word (not just the first) when looking up Items. See more detail here: https://www.quotientapp.com/help/item-lookups-for-use-in-your-quotes Let us know if you have any more questions around this.
September 15, 2016
Simone M.
March 14, 2016

“How did I do business without this?”

OverallThis product has revolutionised my business in all seriousness. My quoting skills grew out of excel spreadsheets and was haphazard at best. Too many pieces of information floating in my head - 'if this happens then this cost applies but not always' kinds of stuff. Errors were costing me money and my confidence was smashed. I now have 5 quote templates, with every scrap of information from my head listed in there. Instead of building my quotes up, I now delete my quotes down, taking out all items that dont apply. Quotes take minutes and with no stress. They look professional, and being itemised gives my clients confidence that I know what Im talking about. The errors are over. Love it love it love it
March 14, 2016
Environmental Services, Unspecified
April 4, 2018

“We LOVE using Quotient for bidding jobs!”

OverallBidding jobs is so much quicker using Quotient.
ProsThe Quotient software is very easy to use, it integrates with our existing Quickbooks software, and is very well received by our prospective clients.
ConsIt does take a bit of use, and research before one understands the particular formatting options, and there are a few limitations to the product.
April 4, 2018