Pingdom Ratings

Overall

About Pingdom

All-in-one solution that makes it easy for your to monitor your website. Learn more about Pingdom

Philip E.
Managed Services Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
June 24, 2018

“A Managed Services Screwdriver ”

OverallPingdom has helped us greatly in our quest to monitor our clients websites and underlying systems for availability. It is also a great tool for determining root cause of the issue, or as a jumping off point for further investigation. As we move into a large number of monitored items we are starting to see some serious performance slow downs, hopefully which can be resolved as we continue to grow.
ProsThis is a great piece of monitoring software that has a well designed interface. This has been our go to tool for monitoring site down issues, and high priority system outages. It is easy to configure all types of standard checks, from the 200 check to string checks and more. You can tell at a glance what is up but more importantly what is NOT up. We use this as a monitoring system for hundreds and hundreds of sites and systems, we also have this feed into other tools such as our ticket system to automatically create and update tickets.
ConsPerformance has started to suffer as the number of monitored items grows. We now monitor more than a thousand unique items and it is started to take a long time to load individual items, not to mention the overview. This is starting to cause some frustration, I am not sure if Pingdom will continue to scale with us, however we would like it to. Sometimes we have false positive alerts, however this is usually due to configuration issue and not a fault of Pingdom.
June 24, 2018
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
December 4, 2018

“Amazing product, great ROI”

OverallSimply an amazing product, that lets you stay on top of network outages and assess them in a timely manner. Very affordable, when it comes to cost, comparing to some other options out there. I highly recommend this product.
ProsI most likely won't even be able to describe how much I like Pingdom. I've used it for many years. Started with a free version and expanded to paid subscriptions. It's always great to know what's going on with your network, when you're not around. Setting up monitoring alerts for specific services allows to decrease downtime and be on top of outages (means, you're a superhero). I've had situations so many time, when you come in in the morning, and a website has been down for several hours. With Pingdom, that's no longer a case. You get notified immediately!
ConsCan't think of anything. It's so simple and intuitive, even a caveman can do it. Love the mobile app option
December 4, 2018
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 14, 2018

“Get alert if your site goes down immediately, with Pingdom monitoring service.”

OverallI am daily using it to see my website workes ok. It will give me a total detail report of when it went down, when it came back online and how it is performing. it also helps me to fix pages content with their page tool. If their price suits you, it is a great tool, even their free plan is awesome.
ProsPingdom will help you to monitor your website and keep track of when it goes down. You can set the interval when to check your website. You can see details report of delay from many servers. It will send you mail/SMS when the site goes down so you can take a look at what happens. I love to the page speed tool, which shows how can I improve my page speed and finetune with the server.
ConsPrice is a little expensive for these tools. Sometimes gives a false alert when comparing with other. Sometimes it fails to check downtime, which happens once a week or two.
September 14, 2018
Tom B.
Owner, Designer/Developer
Design, Self-employed
August 15, 2017

“One great piece of my peace of mind toolset.”

OverallPeace of mind in knowing that I'll be alerted to website downtime. Verification of restored uptime, and reports of downtime instances are also great features.
ProsAs a web professional who provides managed hosting services for my clients, Pingom's service has been extremely helpful in catching server issues that need my prompt response. Being able to have a notification on my smartphone in those rare cases when a site becomes unresponsive has enabled me to respond quicker and minimize downtime.
ConsThere have been a couple of occasions when I did not receive a downtime notification. I'm not sure if it was an issue with the app or further up in the service's workings. This has not been a consistent issue, and has occurred very few times.
August 15, 2017
N. A. L.
Contributing Writer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Easy to use and great for keeping track of website crashes”

ProsI have used this program for years, going back to when I was employed by a web design and hosting company. It's a relatively simple app, to the point that just about anyone can use it. I have used it to gain analytics on website traffic as well as determine the reasons for crashes or point developers and engineers in the right direction.
ConsI find it difficult to actually find any cons with this product as it does exactly what it says on the tin. The only disadvantage is that the discounted prices only come when you pay upfront rather than monthly.
December 12, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Pingdom help maintain websites”

OverallPingdom has saved me many hours of troubleshooting websites and time is important.
ProsI love being able to see at a quick scan what elements on specific pages can cause for example loading issues. This allows me to see dead links or even things I may need to optimize to decrease page load times.
ConsI wish it had the ability to tell you in html/css what elements on the page the items came from.
October 9, 2018
December 7, 2018

“Great service, but hard on the small business budget.”

ProsI love the uptime monitoring and the page speed monitoring. I run several websites as a small business with various arms and aims. Being able to see at a glance if any are down, what pages are dragging, and where improvements need to be made is a great help in figuring out where to devote time each day to solving the small issues that can cause big problems down the line.
ConsI really wish all paid plans offered unlimited websites, and there was a free plan for one website. As it stands, while I'm testing out the free trial period, I just can't see needing to pay the monthly price for an unlimited plan in order to keep an eye on all my websites this way, when as a sole proprietor, my budget is stretched as is. While this is a great tool, it's sadly just not cost effective for most small businesses.
December 7, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
April 4, 2018

“Using pingdom on daily basis for monitoring APIs and hosts latency and uptimes.”

ProsReliable , detection is immediately. Allows to configure the checks according to the request/response needed.
ConsRoot cause reports are sometimes poor and don't provide the needed information. No special improvements in the past 2 years. Recurring alerts don't get automatic detection as known issue and it cause harressing messages until issue resolved.
April 4, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 27, 2019

“Great alerting system to stay on top of what you need tracked.”

OverallWe were able to keep our team updated on the daily metrics we needed.
ProsIt allows you to keep your team in the loop about the more admin-related stuff that would normally be harder to understand.
ConsIt takes a lot of getting used to and is not so simple to set it up in the first place - you got to struggle a little first.
February 27, 2019
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
January 29, 2019

“Excellent monitoring tool”

ProsA great tool for monitoring up-time on your web based services. It offers a comprehensive alerting platform for those business critical systems you cant do without.
ConsThe free alerting model is now gone and the all alerting services are now subject to cost. I suppose nothing free lasts forever.
January 29, 2019
Jonathan P.
Owner / Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Unspecified
May 28, 2018

“Great service for monitoring site speed and downtime”

ProsWe love the fact that we can set up instant email alerts if any of our sites experience downtime. The site speed function is quite useful too when it comes to optimising sites and their load time.
ConsIt's not the cheapest service which could put some people off, but it really is worth the money in our view.
May 28, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 26, 2018

“I love pingdom, I just have a hard time paying their price point”

ProsPingdom is the best, quickest, easiest to use and from what I can tell the best designed in it's class.
ConsMy only issue with Pingdom has always been the cost. It was always too excessive for me to use since I monitor hundreds of sites.
February 26, 2018
Paul T.
Chairman
Arts and Crafts, 51-200 employees
March 12, 2018

“Excellent Web Site Monitoring”

ProsPingdom is monitoring my websites, I get alerts whenever anything goes wrong so I can take action before if effects my visitors.
March 12, 2018
Mairina V.
Gerente de Telecomunicaciones e Infraestructura
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 24, 2019

“Monitor your website, and validate if you should optimize it!”

OverallMy experience with this tool has been very good, I really use many when auditing my site and to be able to optimize its performance, it gives me all the data that I need to improve to improve the loading speed of my site. I really like working with this tool. I recommend it.
ProsThe main function of this great tool is to measure the loading speed of a website, but the truth has helped me a lot when it comes to optimizing our website, since it tells me page by page what are the errors that must be corrected to increase the loading speed. The truth is very useful and you can measure the loading speed from different servers in North America, Europe and South America.
ConsI really like this tool, the only thing I would add is to be able to compare the performance of different websites.
February 24, 2019
Ernesto Enrique F.
Full-stack Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
December 28, 2018

“A must have in web development”

OverallWith Pingdom I have greatly improved the loading speed of my websites, presenting products that load really fast and improving SEO.
ProsPingdom is one of those applications that you should keep in mind when developing websites. You can get a full report on the errors found on your page and dozens of useful tips to improve the loading speed. What I like the most is that it not only tells you what mistakes you have, but how you can improve them. You can also schedule the analyzes and obtain a report on how your website works during the days. Even in its free version it allows you to do so, with the limitation of only one site per account.
ConsI can only complain about the way they present errors, a little more order would not be wrong.
December 28, 2018
Information Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 8, 2018

“A great single source for everything in website monitoring”

ProsHas a good set of free tools for analyzing website speed. Pricing is favorable compared to competitors. Has some great features for ecommerce sites.
ConsAlthough the pricing is generally affordable, the service is priced in tiers which have a relatively big jump between them. Some competitor pricing models are more granular.
April 8, 2018
Sean M.
Product Lead
Design, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2019

“Integrated with Slack”

OverallPingdom has been huge in letting us know when our site is down.
ProsI like that pingdom integrates with Slack, We use this plugin to determine whether or not our site goes down and when it goes back up.
ConsReally can't think of anything negative, however I wish it gave more detailed notifications about what caused the outage in the detailed reports.
September 12, 2019
Jacob K.
Content and Social Media Marketer
Internet, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2017

“Best website monitoring and speed test tool out there”

ProsI've been using buffer to test website load times and the results provided by pingdom is the most accurate ones i've ever come across.
ConsThere should be more test locations to choose from. Currently, there are only 4 test locations and that doesn't really make the tool comprehensive enough.
August 14, 2017
Education Management, 201-500 employees
November 6, 2018

“Reliable and affordable site monitoring tool”

ProsThis software saved us many times when we launched our new site.
ConsA bit complicated to set up but well worth it.
November 6, 2018
Daniel H.
QA and Support Specialist
Investment Management, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Monitor Uptime - Helps improve customer experience and sentiment”

OverallIt has helped us detect and resolve outages before clients even noticed there was a problem!
ProsTrack and monitor update for web base applications. Pingdom can alert you moments after your website/software platform becomes unresponsive. The best part is that Pingdom can send you text messages when an outage is detected.
ConsWhen our company made some internal changes we set up a new Pingdom account and for some unknown reason the system triggered false positives saying one of our sites was down, when in fact it was up and working normally. The funny thing is that this problem didn't exist on our old Pingdom account
April 19, 2019
Richard E.
Head of Digital
June 13, 2018

“Great uptime and response tool, allowing real-time site performance”

ProsThe ability to test from multiple locations at short intervals. Very easy to change monitoring and customise alert threshold. Having this has allowed us switch on and off ppc campaigns if the clients website goes down, saving the clients hundreds of pounds.
ConsAlthough the free solution gives a good introduction, you really have to purchase the full version to get a true insight into performance.
June 13, 2018
Jason K.
Digital Marketing Manager
September 18, 2017

“Easy to use and provides good data over time”

ProsThe ability to setup alerts and see historical data of the uptime of our websites. It allows us to know when our website is down before our customers yell at us.
ConsThis software does exactly what it needs to do but nothing more. It is a fairly narrow purpose but useful.
September 18, 2017
Nisarg M.
May 18, 2018

“A powerful tool for monitoring your websites.”

Pros-It allows you to customize alerts. -It also has a mobile app to check tests on the go. -The uptime monitoring service is useful to identify any issues that your website may be facing.
Cons-You need to understand programming in order to use all the features. -It gets expensive if you have too many websites to monitor.
May 18, 2018
Chris V.
Design, Unspecified
April 11, 2018

“One of the originals, but no longer the best”

ProsPingdom is one of the original services (at least that I can remember) for ping uptime testing. Its uptime alerting is reliable and stable.
ConsUnfortunately the price point just isn't competitive anymore, relative to the features they provide. They only offer 1 minute check intervals (I use a competitor that gets down to 30 second intervals), threshold alerting is only available on higher tier plans, and you can't pay per-check so the moment you cross 10 your plan price nearly triples.
April 11, 2018
Sam L.
IT Support Handler
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
June 17, 2018

“Best way to monitor Network connections”

OverallEasy way to monitor networks and is very quick to update.
ProsGreat way to monitor multiple networks. Very reliable and accurate when it comes to communicating a network outage. Easy to use.
ConsThere really is not anything I do not like about Pingdom. It does exactly what I expect and need it to do.
June 17, 2018
February 27, 2018

“Fast efficient but costly site monitoring software”

ProsDoes a lot. Site monitoring, real-time visitor analytics, page speed and more. A full-featured software
ConsPingdom is too expensive. There are other services out there that will do basic uptime monitoring for free and page speed testing for free too. I don't believe the feature set is worth the cost.
February 27, 2018
Rolly C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees
May 17, 2019

“Good testing performance website tool ”

OverallI use this tool to performance test and make some reports with the results.
ProsWhat I like the most is that I can select the server from where I want to do the performance test.
ConsIt doesn't give much information about some errors or items to be optimized.
May 17, 2019
Victor N.
November 8, 2016

“Easy to setup, reliable”

OverallI have been using multiple downtime monitoring systems together, pingdom has been reliable. Sometimes using JavaScript seems to be a better solution in monitoring than using DNS. Unfortunately, it no longer offers free version unless you have been with them for a while. I love the UI on their mobile app too, though downtime notification seems a little buggy sometimes.
November 8, 2016

September 9, 2015
Danny R.
Graphic Design Assistant
May 25, 2018

“Web Page Optimization Made Easy”

ProsSince we started using it our website has been performing better, cause it made it easy to check on our pages and optimize them, making them faster to download, and more friendly to users.
ConsIt involves having a programmer who can help you with certain aspects of your page, so if you are not that much into code and programming it can be a bit hard to fully optimize or understand the statistics Pingdom gives you
May 25, 2018
Jack W.
November 16, 2016

“Pingdom definitely a need to monitor your server's uptime”

OverallMy team and I thought pingdom is too expensive for what it can offer however we discover its capabilities and more usages after using for 6 months or so. Long term wise, it is better (in terms of cost) to use pingdom to monitor uptime, page speed etc. I have yet to reached its customer support so far, so i have decided to give it a 4-star.
November 16, 2016
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
March 28, 2019

“Solid software, but there are cheaper solutions that do the same thing.”

ProsThe software works well. You give Pingdom the details and it'll do its job and notify you if there's downtime.
ConsThey charge way too much. I'm using a competitor product that does the same thing for 50% less.
March 28, 2019
Greg h.
January 9, 2017

“Works great, no issues”

OverallI have used this kind of software for a long time and recently switched to Pingdom because it offers more reporting (such as load times over time). That is worth the slightly extra cost to me. Obviously, this kind of software is a must for any e-commerce site and it simply has to work. To date, it has worked fine.
Prosreporting
January 9, 2017
Jason B.
Digital Marketing Systems Manager
November 3, 2016

“Awesome tool for keeping your host motivated”

OverallPingdom was often a lifesaver for me. I would be notified before my web host even knew there was an issue and that allowed me to stay on top of website downtime. When you're managing several sites and they all go offline though ... The SMS notifications can get tiresome. Still, they keep you motivated.
November 3, 2016
Stefano P.
VP Sales and Marketing
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2019

“Best way to monitor the status of your websites”

ProsEasy and straightforward to set up, in the same subscription you have everything you need to monitor your websites
ConsI would improve the Status Page in order to have more customization.
July 29, 2019
Luis R.
February 27, 2017

“Easy server monitoring for CEOs or not-full-time sysadmins”

OverallIn my startup, one of my partners has a small hosting company and deals with servers and infrastructure, but as a technical-but-not-full-time-sysadmin startup founder, Pingdom gives the easy, basic monitoring I just need to know if things are not going the right way.
February 27, 2017
Ben D.
December 12, 2016

“Pingdom = realiability”

OverallWe've used other services for availability monitoring, but Pingdom does that job and does it better. The pricing on the medium tiers seems a bit high and their UI can be a bit confusing at times. But hopefully, you aren't having to use it very often.
December 12, 2016

Greg J.
Business Owner
Business Supplies and Equipment, Self-employed
September 25, 2018

“Great for speed testing a site”

ProsPingdom is super easy to use and is a great tool for optimizing websites for load time. You can get a lot of information quickly and test various configurations or changes easily.
ConsThe big downside is that the results to not seem to be consistent all of the time making it necessary to run multiple tests to ensure you are seeing a good result.
September 25, 2018
Tiago G.
November 18, 2016

“A essencial tool”

OverallIt make easy check the online status of any server, including, reading data from json endpoints. It's a must have.
November 18, 2016
Frank J.
November 10, 2016

“Site speet”

OverallWhat to know why your website is running slow? Try the site speed test on Pingdom. I regularly use this when troubleshooting client sites.
November 10, 2016
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
August 27, 2019

“wonderful service”

Prosit's a really good product, it helps to check if your servers are up and running. and it notifies you immediately.
Consthe first impression with the platform wasn't so good but it delivers.
August 27, 2019
Nikolay V.
February 8, 2017

“it's ok-ish”

Overall1. We monitor many of their nodes not working for at least 5-10 mins/day which provides many false positives 2. The few time we needed tech support answers were slow and they did not provide proper answers/solutions to the issues we had (broken dashboards, missing checks etc)
February 8, 2017
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2018

“Easy to use but difficult to understand”

Pros- really easy to use - mostly works fast - fun design
Cons- gives you different results when you test same thing multiple times and I cannot really understand why - the reasons and suggestions are very technical and hard to understand
August 22, 2018