Coolfront Ratings

Overall

About Coolfront

Are you ready to kick your service business into high-gear with flat rate pricing and digital work order management? With Coolfront Mobile, techs can easily answer a homeowner's #1 question of "how much is this going to cost?" Coolfront's extensive flat rate database has over 30,000 repairs and 16,000 parts. Coolfront is the leading zero-cost flat rate pricing and work order management app with QuickBooks integration. Best of all? You can try Coolfront for free with 50 trial work orders. Learn more about Coolfront

John W.
Assistant to the Regional Manager
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“perfect solution for field techs (creating work orders, pricing jobs, collecting payments)”

OverallThe price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably. Perfect solution for our techs to create professional, digital work orders, price jobs/quote jobs, receive customer authorization, and collect payments in the field; however, does not fully automate office (need to utilize separate software solutions for accounting, CRM, scheduling. email, creating service contracts, etc.)
Prosit's exactly what we needed for the field techs at service calls. it's the perfect solution for family business/ independent contractors to create professional, digital work orders, receive customer authorization and collect payments in the field. The parts database and ability to customize rates/add custom installs makes pricing jobs and quoting customers seamless. Integrates with quickbooks for invoicing/accounting and coordinates with google calendar (what we use for scheduling) Also, it's affordable , it was something we could actually afford to try out with no huge comittment and ended up loving it (no subscription fees/pay per workorder). In addition, the price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably)
Consinability to add custom fields to work order template (i.e. there is no field to specify/enter model/sn# for equipment being serviced on the work order; we have to type it into the customer notes section.) also, need a separate CRM. although we LOVE coolfront for the field techs, this software does NOT function like a CRM so do NOT think it's a 1-software solution to automate your office/completely go digital. we still keep a file drawer of paper files and use google contacts/google calendar (which is something we aim to go "fully digital" with, but now that we rely on coolfront for the field service software it's been challenging finding a CRM to add-on that allows us to keep using coolfront for the workorders, payments, and parts/pricing database.) and, small thing, but when emailing a copy of the work order to the customer, it generates an auto email but does not let you type in a custom subject line or message into the actual email message (you have to add any notes into the customer notes section of the work order itself)

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
Hi John - thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out. I'm glad you've reaped the benefits of more profit!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Chris R.
office manager

“CoolFront”

OverallI love that we are using less paper. Being able to see, edit, and advise technicians about the pricing and notes when they are in the field and I am in the office (or even running errands!) is great. Having the past history to look at is very helpful. The customer service at CoolFront has been good when we have needed help.
ProsWe use the software on iPads with data, so I can keep an eye on the technicians and see real time what they are entering into a service ticket. We have it linked to Payzer for accepting credit cards, and I can also see that immediately, as well as get an email notification when the payment is processed. We also offer Greensky Financing, and that is linked as well. The customers appreciate that we are "green" and using less paper.
ConsThe search function for older tickets isn't always user friendly. I wish I had more control over when a ticket is archived. We have 5 years of back data, and when I tried to integrate with Quickbooks, it created a lot of headaches for us with the past data. It ended up not being worth it and I turned it off. I don't like that technicians can create different profiles for the same address just by forgetting to capitalize a letter or even entering a wife's name when the last time it may have been the husband's.

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
Thanks for the awesome review, Chris!! We appreciate it and we are so happy you love Coolfront and have reaped all of the benefits. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Mike S.
April 12, 2019

“Coolfront is way beyond all others in every aspect of their products and services.”

OverallAwesome experiences all around. If feels good to know that I'll never have to research into any other programs because I'm at home with this one:
ProsCoolfront has been, without exception, has always been way above the top notch in all aspects of their products (Apps, Add-Ons) and their services (Their in house Cutomer Service and all of their ADD-On's Custom Service Crews). They have all been, every time I've had a need, been only a phone call away. It most literally felt like I was the only one calling them, as if I am the only one that has any questions or needs. They have always gone way beyond my expectations. Keeping in mind that I am a very small company- this very small fish has always been treated to swimming in their very big pond. I am looking forward to getting started with other Add-Ons like their mobile payment solutions program.
ConsI've got nothing. I have not experienced any thing negative during my 4-5 years experience with Coolfront, To Your Success, and the Maintenance Program

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Wow, Mike. What an incredible review. We shared your comments with the entire company!! Thanks for being a stellar customer. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Jennifer D.
April 19, 2019

“Coolfront in HVAC Applications”

OverallCoolfront has been a great additional to our company's toolbox. It allows us to get pricing to customers upfront and we collect payments a lot quicker than before we start using this program. We've been using it for several years and we have not had any problems with the software on our desktop or our mobile devices. I highly recommend it to others.
ProsI like how easy it is to input information. I like that it shows past invoices for customers when you create a new work order for them. It helps us keep our pricing consistent between users and uses industry averages to keep our prices in line. I like that I get information about the jobs done right away instead of waiting to get it from the techs. I like that it emails out invoices, estimates, and receipts to customers right away.
ConsI don't like how it syncs with Quickbooks. The difference between taxed items and non-taxed items doesn't transfer over very smoothly so I have to enter everything into QB manually. The search tool could be a little more user friendly.

By Coolfront on June 5, 2019
Thank you for the fabulous feedback, Jennifer!! We're so happy to hear how Coolfront is a great addition to your company :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Chris H.
Owner / operator
Retail, Self-employed
September 28, 2017

“I have been using CoolFront for over five years now and couldn't be more satisfied!!”

OverallBeing a user and believer in Flat Rate this software makes it easy...one less headache to deal with!!!
ProsEasy to use, I love the repair look up format. Customer service is awesome and I have never had to wait on hold or have someone call me back. Being able to read, write or check the status of a work order from anywhere is great. The customers love the invoice format and the fact it is emailed to them right there on the spot! It integrates with Payzer which makes taking credit cards or financing so easy!! I especially love the customer surveys that are automatically sent out and being able to pass a gift along to a new customer or a customer having a birthday or anniversary! It integrates with quickbooks and google calendars...love that!!!
ConsI wished we could sent a email to a customer letting g them know we are on the way. Being able to separate invoices by counties or municipalities for year in license payment.
Heather M.
Office manager
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
April 19, 2019

“Coolfront Payments by Clearent”

OverallWe've been working with Coolfront 5+ years and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly.
ProsSimple to use, straight forward flat rate pricing, current industry equipment/parts pricing embedded in software and always improving and adding new products. Never gave us a reason to consider moving.
Cons Recently bought out and informed we will need to use Clearent for our merchant processing. Called to clarify and given the word that our current processor will not be compatible with the planned platform changes to come July 2019. Perhaps I misunderstood but I'm under the impression that we must switch to their desired processor. What about signed agreements and contract cancellation fees from our current merchant processor? I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and possibly painful.

By Coolfront on June 5, 2019
Thank you for your review, Heather!! We really value it :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Robert K.
September 8, 2016

“Best Flat Rate Pricing Program that is continually growing!”

OverallLove the way it streamlines everything for the technician in the field. The Coolfront team is great and they are continually improving their services and spectrum. Only star missing is on Features & Functionality, because it is (for us) a stand-alone program that does not integrate with our accounting software (QuickBooksOnline), yet. Prospective users - you can't go wrong with this! Definitely add eTouch for extremely effective customer feedback & review collection!
ProsEasy to learn & use. Straightforward and simple for the customer to understand. Send work-orders, estimates or invoices directly to customer's email.
ConsIntegration. We have to manually move each work-order from CF into our accounting software. This is just a matter of linking (with QuickBooksOnline) and then this thing will be unstoppable for us!!
Recommendations to other buyersGet eTouch! No kidding. Best customer feedback and review utility so far. I'm not sure what magic they perform, but our customer response ratio is very high (80+%) and feedback is beneficial for improvements.
September 8, 2016
William G.
May 1, 2019

“Gamechanger”

OverallThe software was very easy to learn. It easily integrates with quick books. You just tell the software your overhead and decide what you want your markup to be on certain price ranges and Coolfront does the rest. Coolfront has drastically increased profit margins and we are no longer unintentionally undercutting our market. It has also streamlined our service records, cutting down on office work. This software is perfect for the one man show or a company with 50 employees.
ProsEase of use, easy integration, very affordable, continuous upgrades to cater to industry changes, tailored to your company, pay as you go (no contracts), and increased profit margins.
ConsThere are some limitations compared to software that you would spend well over 10X as much. I would like to see some templates for "notes"

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
WOW, William. What an amazing review and feedback. We really appreciate it and love to hear how Coolfront has boosted your profits :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
May 1, 2019
Julian L.
Operations Coordinator
April 22, 2019

“Overall Good Product ”

OverallCoolfront is a great way to present customers with pricing and quotations on the spot. It also makes it easy to watch over the technicians to ensure they are performing the necessary checks on the jobs and that they are charging correctly.
ProsThe ability to get customers approval, and have a homeowner sign off on a repair before hand. The ability to make custom repairs, ease of use, and overall professional look are all factors as well.
ConsSeems to be missing some key features (EX: A way to denote if a customer has made a partial payment other than putting it in the notes. Would like to see it more visible, similar to the discount options.) . Also have found three separate instances where a custom repair had been omitted from the total charged, but was still present in the itemized list.

By Coolfront on June 5, 2019
Hello Julian! Thank you for writing in, we truly value your feedback!! Stay Cool :) Kate @ Coolfront
April 22, 2019
Sherri W.
Bookkeeper/Adminstrative Manager

“Coolfront”

OverallSince we offer straightforward pricing to our customers this program has help lay everything out for our customers. The billing is done right in the field and the technicians collect on site. We are very happy with Coolfront. We have used the programs for over 5 years now.
ProsThe ease of use. The invoices can be printed or emailed which our customers love. The program is very user friendly and generally there are never any issues with the software itself. Archived work orders are very easy to find with a simple search. Also in is integrated with our Quickbooks.
ConsThe only con I would have is when we converted to Quickbooks we lost all our glance back history.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Hi Sherri! Wow, great to hear from a long-standing Coolfront-er :) We are so glad you are taking advantage of the QuickBooks and Coolfront integration. Please let us know if we can help improve your experience at all. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
April K.

“We use it daily”

OverallIt helped us integrate into a service based software for our techs to use in the field instead of using hand written invoices.
ProsIt isn't complicated to use for my techs. The mobile app is easy. The customer must approve the repairs before work is done.
Cons1. Not enough spaces to enter my description and pricing (favorites). 2. Changes customer information randomly (we will change a phone number, then after saving it, it will revert back to what was previously automatically generated - addresses, names, etc.). 3. Expensive 4. Does not enter an invoice into quickbooks if there isn't an amount and when we do a service that is prepaid for then there isn't a dollar amount and it will not put it in my system so I am double inputing. 5. On the mobile app, every single time we use it, it constantly requests us to update, even if we just did the update.
Jeff I.
September 28, 2017

“We have used Coolfront for 4 years, and find it a valuable tool for our company. ”

Overallless paperwork, easy to access from anywhere, easy to see what happened on previous service calls.
ProsWe like not having paper work. Both the customers & our office like the digital service ticket. It's also very convenient to watch what a service tech is doing by checking in on Coolfront. I like being able to add as many notes as I want, and then if I have to go back 6 months later I can see what happened on a service call.
ConsThere are 3 things that come to mind that I would like to see changed. #1 - I would like to search & not have to include a date range. It would be convenient to just put in a house number or last name. #2 - I wish unpaid tickets could display a different color (maybe yellow? ) and then not archive until they are paid. #3 - Also if we could search for tickets based on their status. ( Paid/Complete/New/ Started)
May 3, 2019

“Coolfront has helped us a lot”

OverallOverall we have been very pleased with Coolfront. We have been using it for about 3 years now. The customer service is fantastic. Any time we have had a problem (which has not been much, and usually our own fault) customer service has been more than happy to help us and always so friendly.
ProsOur technicians love that they can just type in a repair and get the pricing. It makes things much easier for them. Then be able to print out a copy of the work order for the customer right there on the spot. They are using Epson mobile printers and the combination in great.
ConsTwo things I have heard the technicians say that they would like is to be able to click on a customers phone number and call right from Coolfront, and the same thing with the address. They would like to be able to access Google maps right from the customers address in Coolfront
Stacy H.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Great program & great value”

OverallOverall it has been great, however there is a much room for improvment.
ProsI love the ease of use. All of our technicans can easily navigate the awesome flatrate book, with its up to date pricing. THe invoices port right into our Quickbooks accounting program.
ConsIf you have a ship to address with a different billing address, only the billing address displays on the work order when linked to quickbooks. Also in the agreements section it would be helpful if when searching for an agreement to add onto a work order if that information was in alphabetical order, however its not, it is in order by when it was added. FOR us this causes much headache and wasted time searching a long list that is rather difficult to find items.

By Coolfront on May 6, 2019
Great feedback, Stacy! And thanks for the 5-star review!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Rebecca M.
Administrative Office Assistant
April 20, 2018

“I use this everyday, all day, and do like it. I just wish it did a bit more & had a few more things”

OverallIn-field invoicing & pricing. Ease of scheduling. Parts reorder simplified.
ProsI like that it syncs to Google Calendar & Quickbooks. I also enjoy the Parts Cart for resupplying the technicians. I enjoy easily being able to find repairs to bill them to the work order/invoice. I like being able to add custom repairs, discounts and pricing.
ConsI don't like that the billed time/cost of part don't show on the internal view of the work order/invoice. I don't like that I can't run a report of average hours/dollars for each technician, since those values don't sync over into Quickbooks when the invoice does. I wish there was a way to "Pause" a work order so that the technician can return to it later due to possible part delay, weather delay or other circumstance. I wish we could customize the line item field for repairs other than creating a repeat custom repair for those time that it is an unusual circumstance or repair. I would like to be able to run some sort of report of what dollar/hour per work order/invoice we are tracking within the app itself. These are just a few of the items I would like to see within the Coolfront App.
April 20, 2018
Joshua K.
April 30, 2019

“Coolfront is good but striving to achieve greatness ”

OverallI have been using Coolfront for 9 months now and they are truly making an effort to improve but I'm really waiting to see if this is going to be worth it as a long term solution.
ProsCoolfront has fixed many of the bugs and random updating problems from the past. It integrates well with quickbooks and now offers payment options on the invoice with automated follow up survey options. There is a large database of repairs and equipment that makes invoicing quick and easy.
ConsCoolfront really really needs a downloadable app. Integration to quickbooks could be more advanced by applying payments collected on the job to the proper account upon sync. There us a lack of Lennox equipment and the pricing of the existing Lennox equipment is not accurate ($200 air filter?). The "get savvy" link would be much more useful by allowing customization. The technician assigned to the job should correlate to the email address that is seen on the invoice. The amount of invoices used does match the amount of invoices I've been charged for (Overcharged).

By Coolfront on June 5, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and 5-star review, Joshua!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Roger S.
Comfort Advisor/Technician
August 30, 2018

“Excellent product for routine maintanence techs. ”

OverallOverall I am very satisfied with the product and it's usefulness for routine services. I wish payment was integrated and the ability to work with wintac for database history for our company.
ProsThe ability to copy and paste routine notes and the customization to our products that are common repairs. Also keeping customers data and info to look back at last calls.
ConsThe parts options are national averages and don't reflect our regions pricing structures without always having to adjust. Also many popular Trane parts are not listed and you have to adjust the labor time to reflect what we would normally charge for that part. The fact that if I have to enter this multiple times to get a good price for my customer runs up the line items for each ticket charge. If I recall they charge for every two line items but if I delete and have to add it four or five times to get the pricing closer I believe that's a charge to us for another ticket. Could have more common parts and a database that is a little easier to navigate.

By Coolfront on September 10, 2018
Thanks for the great review Roger! We're going to have our Trade Specialist get in touch with you to offer some assistance with the Trane repairs!
August 30, 2018
Robert S.
Comfort Adviser
April 15, 2019

“Coolfront Usage”

OverallReduces paperwork somewhat but customers prefer a printout for records. We have seen better profits on repairs with the flat rate program. Am quite satisfied overall with only a few things that could be more useful. I would recommend this program to others.
ProsIt has large repair database which saves time. Is relatively easy to use if you use correct numbers. Customers seem to approve of it. Updates often and stays current.
ConsDoes not allow you to save estimates. Archives them and treats them as completed work orders. This causes some erroneous billings to occur because it syncs with Quickbooks and creates invoices when work has not been done. A bit difficult to search for estimates without date. Only saves certain number in Archives.

By Coolfront on May 6, 2019
Hi Robert! Thanks for the review :) Did you know you can print and email invoices? That may appeal to your customers who want more of a "hard" copy. Appreciate your feedback! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
April 15, 2019
Bridget W.

“Best Software Ever”

OverallCool front has helped me with the dispatch calendar. It automatically sends all of the appointments straight to the google calendar. My service techs can easily put in pricing and collect in the field.
ProsI have used many dispatching software and I find Cool front to be the easiest to use. I love that the flat rate pricing is built into the programming. It makes is easier for my service techs to come up with prices in the field.
ConsThe only thing that I find annoying with the software is finding archived work orders.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Bridget - we are so ecstatic to read your amazing review!!! I will pass your feedback along to the dev team about archiving work orders but thanks so much for taking the time to share how much you love Coolfront and the flat rate database :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Jessica R.
Dispatcher

“Not tech friendly”

OverallIt's ease of use for the technicians who are not always computer savvy makes it good for the person in the office who has to understand what the technician is trying to convey.
ProsEase of closing out & invoicing calls. Typing gives you a lot of freedom for notes for customers. Searching, when works is phenomenal.
ConsSearching for parts. We use a lot of mobile home parts. None of the part numbers come up. It's usually hit or miss on trying to find part #'s. I end up searching for "blower motor" and try to find one who's cost matches ours.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Hey Jessica! Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our flat rate search engine. I will pass your comments along to the dev team. In the meantime, please reach out if you need help navigating the app in any way. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Sally W.
Bookkeeper
December 5, 2017

“Finally able to bill upon completions in the field.”

OverallI think it saves the company and makes the dreaded end of the month billing obsolete.
ProsBeing able to bill the customer right on the spot and collect the money is great. This keeps the cash flow going and we have less bad debt from customers that refuse to pay later. It is also nice that all bills are consistent, just in case neighbors would compare. I also like that it will prefill info from our QuickBooks database. Very easy to set up new customers and add or change information. It is nice it will show previous service call information on the form for easy reference.
ConsSometimes the program can run slow. This can cause our guys in the field to have to wait until the changes come through to their I pads.
December 5, 2017
Susan E.
office asst.
October 9, 2017

“It works well. I wish it was easier to search for customers & if they merged better.”

Overallemailing of invoices & receipts. Flat rate pricing.
ProsI like the ease of entering the information. I like that you can email receipt to customer right away. I like how it can be an invoice or a receipt.
ConsIt's not easy to search for a customer unless you know the date of the last time you were there. That is my major disappointment with this program. Searching for customers & history & merging the calls together. I ALWAYS have to go to add on & Merge. I wish it was more automatic. I use wintac & it always pulls up correct customer just by entering a few letters or address. You dont' even need complete info. If Coolfront doesn't correct the merge/search soon I will have to switch to a different software/dispatching program.
October 9, 2017
Jenny G.
September 28, 2017

“Coolfront has streamlined our billing process.”

ProsCoolfront allows our technicians to bill our customer and receive payment at time of service which I feel has greatly reduced the number of outstanding accounts. I really like the auto-fill feature for repeat customers. I also like how easy it is to add special repairs that can't be found in the automated repair list.
ConsI don't like the fact that you don't have an option to look for updates-a message pops up to update and it's always at a bad time. I also don't like the limited amount of custom items under tune-ups and discounts. We could really use more in both areas as there are still items that are not listed or are listed but are way off on the amount to bill the customer. I wish there was a way that we could update the actual cost of parts vs using the price that is listed. There are many times that the cost listed vs our actual cost is very, very different.
Joe D.
October 2, 2017

“It's a nice program. Have been using it for a couple of years and have no real complaints. ”

OverallEasier usage. No storage for paper invoices.
ProsPro the software is usable in offline mode. The fact customer's are stored online and pay supporters are saved is excellent. The ability to assign management duties to individuals controlling their level of interaction. Google calendar integration is great.
ConsCons, I do wish the navigation between screens was't so involved. A common menu through the app would make it easier as opposed to the back button. And currently it is only compatible with QuickBooks to synch with. A feature which I'm sure is nice but I don't use QuickBooks which makes my bookkeeping all manual. No ability to download invoices as spread sheet. Search feature is good but could be simplified. Dispatching can be a little confusing if more than 5 tech's. The app doesn't work well with some of our other office management software.
Ryan R.
Office staff
September 5, 2018

“Very robust pricing matrix for nearly anything you might run into ”

Overall Other than the above mentioned things everything else in my opinion works nearly perfectly for us and they also do a good job of updating the prices pretty consistently.
ProsThe system is very intuitive and surprising pretty acculturate when it comes to vendor prices and how they can use that to calculate your invoices . The signature feature is also nice and its looks very sleek in front of customers.
ConsThat being said from a field prospective its great and simple to use but dispatching on the other hand could use a little work. For one scheduling 20 plus calls in a day can become a nightmare especially when you have people calling in to change appointment times. Hopefully one day they will make a new interface for desktops its over complicated right now compared to other software services coming from the scheduling end of things.

By Coolfront on September 10, 2018
Thanks for the great review Ryan! We've mentioned this to our development team and it's something we can hopefully implement in the near future! Are you currently using the Google Calendar feature?
September 5, 2018
Vladimir V.
Operations Manager, HVAC Service Technician
May 5, 2019

“Excellent software for invoices and scheduling ”

ProsIntegrated features such as scheduling onto Google calendar and ability to customize repairs, requires customer approval beforehand so that there's no question on payment
ConsLags when synchronizing across multiple devices, sometimes doesn't find previous customer service history accurately

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
Thanks, Vladimir for the review! Glad you like the Google Calendar Add-On :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
May 5, 2019
Melissa B.
Office manager
April 30, 2019

“Always great service and ”

OverallWay too many benefits to list. It is just an incredibly easy scheduling/invoicing software and I'm excited to see what new innovative apps they come up with to an agreement within the software. Customer Service is always very friendly and knowledgeable!
ProsEase of use and always coming up with new innovative ideas and apps.
ConsIf there's one thing I think they could improve on is helping users to understand that the bookKeeping software they use may not integrate all the features that coolfront has to offer. We use QuickBooks online and cannot use the email or text reminder feature.

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
Hey Melissa! Too many benefits to list? Wow, we like to hear that :) Thanks for the great review. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Jessen M.
Administrator
September 10, 2018

“I like Coolfront!”

OverallI can enter Work Orders, and our techs can retrieve all of the customers' information on their phones. This facilitates a smooth transition from one appointment to the next, without having to check in with the office. The efficiency of entering Work Orders once, with the office and techs having access, saves time and minimizes miscommunication .
ProsI can copy & paste all pertinent info. into my follow-up documents.
ConsI have to go to Archive and enter specific dates, to get any work order from a previous week. Simply entering that date, will not pull up the work order. Also, there is no allowance made for cancellations. We are paying for Work Orders that get canceled, which makes me hesitate to enter them ahead of time. This also affects our scheduling.

By Coolfront on September 12, 2018
Hi Jessen, thanks for the review! We always appreciate customer feedback and it seems you're throughly enjoying the Coolfront app!
September 10, 2018
Daniel S.
Service Technician
11-50 employees

“Efficient and effective”

OverallUniform pricing, and an easy, understandable process for customer approval of repairs.
ProsConsistent pricing throughout the service department, easy access to prior service records, customers respond well to pricing they can see. The process for getting customer approval is simple and easy, even for customers who have difficulty with adapting to technology.
ConsThe process for looking up certain repairs can be cumbersome. In starting to adapt to the new search system for repairs it seems that some of the old keywords and phrases which used to work for finding repairs are no longer specific enough to get to find what is needed, also the number of items which are available to look through when searching in a broad sense have been greatly reduced and this has created some problems when searching for general repairs.
May 6, 2019

“Outstanding - flat rate software”

OverallWe use the flat rate software often enough that it becomes easier and easier.
ProsFlat rate makes the quoting easier. The labor, taxes, all included. That produces no arguments about hourly charges. As well, there are no part numbers on the invoices, just job numbers and task numbers. Makes the software less threatening to suave internet homeowners and business owners.
ConsSometimes the needed parts are not available. Need to cross search better, (need either part numbers or descriptive search). Some parts are not prices well, (a little over the actual - better than being to low.)
Julia L.
Construction, 51-200 employees

“The best yet!”

OverallAwesome customer service, they take suggestions seriously and even implement if possible! We've been able to customize the way we use Coolfront so it can better fit our needs too; for example, we add our own checklist to every work order in the internal notes to ensure the same quality assurance processes get performed on every job. They work hard to anticipate all the needs of contractors by adding services like Dropbox for images and syncing with Quickbooks as well.
ProsIt syncs with Google Calendar which we were already using!
ConsOnly the technician assigned to the work order can edit the work order.

By Coolfront on June 5, 2019
Hi Julia! Thank you for your amazing review and great feedback!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Neil V.
Vice president
April 13, 2019

“Coolfront changed our business”

ProsIt was easy to start using it, getting it set up and so forth. Extremely easy to make changes as we have used it over time. The customer service when we have had questions has been over the top helpful. We ha e even made suggestions that were met with a "good idea" and then our suggestions were implemented in updates!
ConsInitially there were some things we would have liked better, but updates have remedied them all.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Hey Neil! Happy to hear you've liked all of our product improvements. Keep any suggestions you have coming - our dev team takes customer feedback VERY seriously. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
April 13, 2019
Lori R.
June 19, 2018

“Good choice, but need some improvements!”

ProsAllowing real-time access to customer work orders and not having to keep up with "paper"work. I like that it syncs with our computer software, which makes it easier to receive work orders for invoicing faster for billing purposes. This will allow the customer to receive their invoice faster and allow payments to be accepted on the job site. The ability to be able to do that stood out to me and my technicians, making our jobs easier and more productive.
ConsAn improvement needed was to be able to work offline - sending and receiving customer information. Having the need for wifi slows the process of receiving work orders & invoices to the billing department from the technicians while they are out in the field.
June 19, 2018
Bryan A.
company owner
March 8, 2018

“COOLFRONT has been a very pleasurable and user friendly software system for us.”

ProsWe had tried 2 other scheduling software providers prior to finding COOLFRONT. In both cases the experience was stressful and was not beneficial to our company's production and therefore our bottom line. COOLFRONT has had 2 positive effects on our business. Not only did it solve our scheduling conflict issues, but also gave us access to new, up-to-date, flat rate pricing that has increased our bottom line and helped us become a more productive service company.
ConsIf there was one thing I would change about COOLFRONT, It would be to give ADMIN the ability to make changes to the cost of a part. When management feels like a customer needs a discount for that part or service, in my opinion, It would be much easier to simply adjust the cost of the entry that a tech has already found in the COOLFRONT data base, instead of having to make up a custom repair and price for that part .
William E.
Retail, 1-10 employees
October 6, 2017

“Very good. Readily accepted and implemented by service technicians.”

OverallCost reduction overall of processing service related billing and customer tracking. Also reduction in preprinted forms. Repairs data base that is always up to date. Made is a more profitable service company due to uniform pricing and makes it easy for tech to price out job.
ProsEasy to use. Usage cost is applied to each ticket. Data bases updated regularly. QB integration. Am really liking the recently added feature of "installs & quotes".
ConsSome of our problems are due to slow internet I suspect. Don't like the automatic archiving of work orders. I want it put away when I deem it appropriate. Don't like the new search engine dynamics. Old one was better in my opinion.
Stacy H.
Service Dispatcher
September 1, 2016

“Best bang for your buck!”

OverallWe have used Coolfront for 3 years now. It has definitely improved throughout the years. It gives our techs accurate pricing and helps us provide instant invoices to our customers. We will continue to use this program and have referred others to it as well. Overall the functionality of it is great! I can't wait to see what the come up with next.
ProsWe like the paperless billing. It is nice to be able to look up products and show the customer right on the spot and email the receipt upon completion of the service call.
ConsHaving to switch to a different screen to add multiple quantities of items.
Recommendations to other buyersIts is a good product! I hope it continues to evolve! Maybe with a GPS or map functions. Or a time card feature.
Nathan B.

“Coolfront 4 years in”

OverallOverall coolfront has been a great tool to help grow my business.
ProsEasy to use software. It really helps you find the best repair and then confronts pricing is geared towards you building your business.
ConsNeeds to be a way to keep up with customers and maintenance agreements sold. I have to integrate coolfront into quickbooks which works well for the most part. There are still some kinks to be worked out.

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
Hey Nathan! Thanks for the feedback and great review! You should check out our Coolfront Agreements software to manage your agreement customers and schedule maintenance visits. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
David C.

“Highly recommended!!”

OverallGreat experience. Profits have definatly increased since I started using it. It has been about 7 years that I have used the software now
ProsI love that is syncs with my QuickBooks. Makes a lot less work when it comes to be tax time. Also it's great that it has most of the hvac parts I use stored in in with the recommended flat rate hours. It also works well with the credit card company payzer.
ConsSometimes when a payment is made with payzer it doesn't show up on the invoice as being paid with payzer.

By Coolfront on May 9, 2019
Hi David! Thanks for the amazing review and feedback. We appreciate it!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Clifton T.
Utilities, Self-employed

“My Coolfront Review”

OverallGREAT SOFTWARE FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
ProsI used this software t my Previous employer before I started WEATHER READY Heating and Cooling. I like Coolfronts software that makes it easy to keep track of all jobs and service calls. Coolfront is a great software for helping me to keep up with my business. I would recommend Coolfront to all HVAC, plumbing and electrical contractors.
ConsI have no cons about the software. I have had no issues.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Hi Clifton!! We are so happy you love Coolfront and are reaping the benefits of work order management and business efficiency. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Jenny G.
Office Manager/Owner

“Fast, Easy Billing”

OverallOverall, Coolfront is a very helpful tool to allow technicians to bill the customer when the work is performed helping reduce the number of open accounts.
ProsEntering customers is quick and easy. Adding repairs is also simple with the search bars.
ConsI wish our employees couldn't see how much time it's suggested to take to make the repair-only administration. Our employees at times take advantage of that and take longer to make a repair than what they really need.

By Coolfront on April 15, 2019
Hi Jenny! Great feedback regarding repair time. I will pass along to our product team. Overall, glad you are enjoying Coolfront and reaping the benefits! Kate at Coolfront
Stacie L.
Payroll Accounting Assistant

“Past and present use”

OverallWhen I used the program years ago it thought the program was especially useful but we used it in a total different way. Using the voicemail system was what i was primarily using. At the new company we use Ring Central in a more administrative function and answering calls. the system has a lot of customization but I have yet to past the surface this time around at the new job.
ProsI like that the software when used correctly can deliver a vast array of services and features. the Call forwarding and emailed voicemail alerts are also very helpful.
ConsWhen you make any changes even trivial ones the system has been glitching and causing it to reboot.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Hi Stacie! We're glad that Coolfront Agreements has saved you time and you enjoy all of the features. Thanks so much for the great review :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Susanne H.
Vice President
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2017

“Very easy to work with”

OverallGives us the ability to be a more paperless company where the majority of our invoices get emailed verses printed and mailed out and as a result can get payment faster when customer is not home to make payment at time of service
ProsThat our techs have access to flat rate pricing and being it is web based have access on any tablet, laptop, desktop or phone if necessary
ConsInvoices that are still open or pending drop off into archives. Would like to see the system only sense the paid invoices drop into archives automatically after the current time it does it and leave other not mark paid to be manually archived
October 10, 2017
Tony R.
Service Manager
October 2, 2017

“Excellent. Changed our service department for the better. ”

ProsGlance back is extremely helpful. Merge it is also extremely helpful. Email button to send invoice or receipt to customer is great. Able to use system off line is very important to us. Cellular service is not great in our area.
ConsWould like to add more default email addresses. For example, when I send to customer I would also like accounting to get the invoice as well as myself ( Service Manager) Parts Cart doesn't show up all the time so it quit thinking about it. When I view a techs work order I don't see Parts cart.

By Coolfront on October 4, 2017
Tony, all of us here at Coolfront appreciate your business!
Dawn M.
Sales
1-10 employees

“Highly Recommend!!”

OverallWe have been with Coolfront from the Beginning, and i would highly recommend this to any HVAC / Plumber or Electrician.
ProsWe no longer have missing invoices. We can now read what the technicians types in, compared to the written invoices. User friendly, and very easy to train our new employees with this software. I would highly recommend, this has made our lives easier in the field and in the office!
Recommendations to other buyersI don't know if it would be possible, but I would love to have something for timesheets, so as the invoice is completed to track the timing and sync to Quickbooks. We always have a hard time having our technicians hand in the timesheets daily.
Kristin W.

“Very Easy!”

OverallWe have really liked using coolfront. I have really liked that it links well to Quick Books and is so user friendly. It works well with our business structure.
ProsWe love that it is super easy to use! My office staff and technicians are able to easily add calls and notes quickly!
ConsI would like to see some more payment options that are able to use a card reader instead of typing the numbers in since the fees are higher.

By Coolfront on April 17, 2019
Hi Kristin! I hope you are enjoying Coolfront Payments so far. We will roll out the card swiper/dipper this Summer so stay tuned! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Mike P.

“Coolfront functionality review”

OverallOverall good experience - has allowed us to access customer history way easier than in the past.
ProsEasy to understand, good product support, integrates well with quickbooks
ConsIMO, the main screen layout & menu setup needs to be completely reworked - A side or top/bottom menu bar would be a much better layout & would speed up use by not having to constantly go to the home button & waiting for a menu to select from

By Coolfront on April 16, 2019
Hi Mike! Thanks for the feedback. We love hearing how we can make Coolfront easier to you. I will pass you design comments onto our development team. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront
Victoria Z.
Service Manager
Machinery, 1-10 employees

“Coolfront review”

OverallCoolfront has allowed us to go paperless with our work orders and process the work orders directly into Quickbooks which saves time as we do not have to doudle enter.
ProsCoolfront is fairly user friendly and offers multiple applications that work with our Quickbooks program.
ConsThe parts data base is hard to navigate and it is often hard to find the part or service you are looking for.

By Coolfront on April 16, 2019
Hey Victoria! Thanks for the review. We are always looking for ways to improve our parts and repairs search engine. Thanks for the feedback. Glad our QB integration has saved you some time with no dual entry :) Kate @ Coolfront
Max H.
March 25, 2019

“Super easy to use. Saves Time and Money.”

OverallCoolfront is wonderful for the small business owner. They have great pricing and fantastic customer support. I recommend them to everyone and anyone with a small service business.
ProsThe software has great flat rate pricing, it is super easy to look up parts and even do custom repairs. It syncs with Quickbooks and even works offline!
ConsThe only thing I don't like is that on android they don't have an official Google store app. Definitely not a big deal but something they should consider.

By Coolfront on April 5, 2019
Hi Max! Thanks so much for your wonderful review and feedback :) Did you know that you can add the app as an icon to your Android's home screen so that you can easily access it that way? If not, chat with us on coolfront.com and we will get you set up ASAP! -Kate @ Coolfront
March 25, 2019
June 4, 2018

“Super user friendly”

OverallEasy to use, and the work order immediately shows up on the techs device, eliminating the need for the tech to drive all the way back to our office to gets their next work order
ProsIt is super user friendly & easy to use. I love that it can be used on a computer, cell phone or tablet and there is no subscription. You only pay for what you use.
ConsI wish it would show the price of repairs before you select it..... sometimes our techs aren't sure which repair to pick until they see what the charge will be & then they have to go in and delete it if its way out there.
June 4, 2018
Morgan Y.
Dispatcher
March 8, 2018

“Coolfront has allowed for more competitive pricing for our company. Instant updating is great.”

ProsGreat pricing and updates! It allows us to stay competitive with pricing with the updating flat rate. I like that the program updates instantly. I can edit and update work orders while the technician has the work order assigned. I like that I don't have to wait on techs to send work orders back to be able to change them. The techs prefer this software to the previous one we used. The invoicing straight out of Coolfront feature is great and saves time. I like that there is a place for technicians to get signatures from customers for approval for work.
ConsNO DISPATCH BOARD. Currently I have to utilize another software to see the layout of the daily schedule. It would make my job as dispatcher much easer if Coolfront had a dispatch board. There is no way to build your customer data base besides building new work orders. An area for techs to put in equipment would be wonderful. It would allow our techs to enter equipment info to build more customer history, and to allow us to know what each customer has at their home or business. Finally, having an area where technicians can log their times would be super helpful. For example: Dispatch, Arrival, & Departed times.