RingCentral Office Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

About RingCentral Office

RingCentral Office integrates phone, video, meetings, and messaging in one reliable, easy-to-use solution. Designed to give you a flexible, mobile, and powerful cloud phone system. Choose from a variety of available phone numbers, install our apps on your desktop, smartphone, or tablet. Experience HD-quality web, audio, and video, along with one-click functionality and webinar capabilities with RingCentral Meetings. Promote collaboration with team messaging, unlimited SMS, and more. Learn more about RingCentral Office

Jenny N.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2019

“Highly responsive customer service ”

OverallRingCentral helped us to solve the use of old technology like physical faxes. It offered an affordable options for tele-conferences and it provides multiple options for customer service, when needed.
ProsIt is easy to use and administer. We use this sytem for agents that provide Service Management and other users in the company. We have a combination of soft and deskphones that meets all needs. The RingCentral App and the fax features are the favorites amongst users. It is HIPAA compliant and the customer service is stellar. We haven't experienced an outage.
ConsDeskphones tend to have echo. For some reason, at the beggining we had a lot of issues with the audio (like dead air or choppy calls) but they were addressed promptly. Reporting capabilities are not as robust as other softwares out there.
September 27, 2019
Chad C.
Sr. IT Associate
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees
September 24, 2019

“Ring Central - New VoIP Solution”

OverallWe came from a very archaic platform, that did not give us any ability to report/integrate/etc. With Ring Central, we now have the insight and ease of use. Our users can now use either a softphone or hard-wired desk phone. Click to call has been a game-changer for all of our users.
ProsThe ease of use with this platform far outperforms the competitors such as Vonage/8x8/etc. With over 500 employees we always look for platforms that are easy to use, concise, and simply. Ring Central check all of those boxes immediately. Another great feature is the integration with Salesforce. We utilize Salesforce heavily and the ease of use RingCentral provides with SF is wonderful. Highly Recommend the product if you are looking for a new VoIP provider.
ConsWe are only 6 months into our rollout and there is not much were are finding at fault. If we could change one thing it would be to allow us to provision licenses at a needed basis. We do still need to reach out to a sales rep to acquire additional licenses.
September 24, 2019
Dawn J.
General Manager/Accounts Receivable
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
March 26, 2019

“Ring Central (the future phone)”

OverallBenefits from Ring Central for me are the recorded lines. I deal with a lot of chargebacks and unhappy customers at times. To deal with them I need to have facts of what they are telling me and none other than a recorded line will get me those facts of the conversations had earlier with other employees, to determine the outcome of the issue presented to me.
ProsMy favorite pro on Ring Central are all the lines are recorded and there is easy access to pull up those calls. You simply log into your account on ringcentral.com and all calls can be searched by day, time or phone number. You can save the recordings to your computer and send them where applicable. Another pro is the phone has bluetooth capability. I have hooked up my head set to Ring Centrals phone lines several times. You also can easily transfer calls, add a conference call (3-way calling) and put the phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) if busy. My current Ring Central phone has 4 incoming lines available to ring, although I usually only need 2 lines. My first and last name is also on my phone. You can also set up for your phone to have different ring tones for different people and keep a phone book available on the phone for easy access of calling the people you call the most.
ConsI have found two cons for Ring Central: Since the phone runs off of internet, if the wifi signal goes down, so does the phone. Unfortunately you will need to wait until the wifi connects again for the phone line to become active again. I do believe there is way to hard wire the phone line as well where it is not connected to wifi. The second would be the recorded calls only go back as far as 3 months. Sometimes in business we need to go back a little further than 3 months.
March 26, 2019
Monica G.
Construction, 1-10 employees
January 23, 2019

“My experience with Ring Central”

ProsWe own a installation business that installs different products for 5-7 Big Box Home Improvement Centers. We bought a new home in a different area code and poor landline phone service. Changing your phone number with a Big Box company is difficult and produces a lag time in several areas including fax and invoice payments from the Big Box. Before the move I heard about Ring Central from a competitor Installer. Most of our work came in over a fax machine at that time and when we vacationed or spent days away from the office it was hard to continue business. With Ring central all faxes come over your phone, much like a email and you can forward them to the different subcontractors right from your cell phone, taking your office with you wherever you go. Additionally, we did not have to change our office land line number when we moved but with the cloud system offered thru Ring central we were able to have all land line calls come thru our cell phone in addition to calls generated by people dialing our cell phone number. All this at very reasonable prices. I do not have to pay for land line service or fax service, but am able to fax from my cell phone or computer. Ring Central has been a life saver and very convenient for my home business.
ConsWhen talking to customers or coworker thru land line cloud phone numbers---If a call comes in over cell phone, the cell phone call takes leadership and often interupts cloud system calls in progress and disconnects calls over land line number. Inconvenient.
January 23, 2019
Stephen O.
IT Software Specialist
Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1000 employees
December 12, 2018

“Ring Central for Medium Businesses”

OverallWe use RingCentral daily as our main phone system and we have a customer call center that uses the phone system very heavily. In general we have not had any major downtime with RingCentral but we do have the strange glitches that cause some users headaches trying to get the softphone to work correctly for them. The phone system works most of the time but because we use Plantronics headsets there can be some tricky configuration that users have difficulties with from time to time.
ProsRingCentral Softphone app is similar to a cell phone which makes it easy for people to relate to the functions of the softphone app. We use Glip, the messaging system that is part of the RingCentral phone app every day and we particularly like the gif feature that allows you to search for gifs and post them to chat. I also like that you can have the RingCentral phone app on both your desktop or laptop computer and your cell phone and you can transfer calls between the two devices pretty easily. The contacts tab on the softphone app is also a great feature that allows us to search for anyone in the company's number easily and quickly and is a great improvement over our last voip system.
ConsThere are a lot of strange glitches with RingCentral that happen, like when a user cannot make or receive phone calls and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the user's computer (only seen on Windows 7 computers).We have also had strange issue where a user is not logged into a queue and is set to busy or do not disturb as their status and they get missed calls even though their phone never rang. The support and web results for any issue you search for are not helpful and definitely seem to be filtered to make it seem that there are no issues with the RingCentral softphone app. I also do not like how the phone app will take over my keyboard when I get a call and stop me from completing whatever I was typing when the call came in.
December 12, 2018
Justin B.
Senior IT Support Technician
April 21, 2018

“One of the most complete easy to use fully cloud solutions out there”

OverallIf you are starting out, you might want to try a cheaper provider first, or bundle with Office 365 if you already have that. I know this is a solid solution. I've never had the chance to use anything else for VoIP, but I know this will get certainly get the job done well. I would have no reservations going into this at all if you need to make a quick decision. This company will be able to handle your system and do everything you need within reason.
ProsNo need to have anything but a desk phone, computer, or mobile device, and the internet to make it work. It is very feature-rich. They work with many phones, even others like Microsoft say are not compatible. If you have a bunch of old equipment that won't work with another cloud provider, RC will be one of your best bets to work with your hardware. If even they don't work with your devices, you probably need to get rid of your archaic technology. Provision is very quick and easy. Their chat support has less than a 10-minute wait, usually no wait. Their support is very capable. They handle all firmware upgrades automatically, at least with our VVX phones.
ConsCost much more than a locally-hosted system but I think if money is not an issue, it's much better to let your company do what it does best, and let RC do what it does best. Don't try to be a VoIP provider company just for yourselves. Let the pros do it (unless if you're a VERY large company maybe). Don't pay crazy more for phones from them, just buy them on Amazon and provision them yourself in about three minutes. For rare, advanced problems, sometimes their support drops the ball and you need to contact your account manager. Sometimes he'll be out of the office for several days though. Anytime we've had more than two phones down, they have been able to solve our problems by the next morning, even for CRAZY issues. Most of the time support is very great and I recommend it.
April 21, 2018
Michael D.
Marketing Team Leader
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
February 9, 2018

“Expensive, but worth it if you abuse the system.”

OverallWe are able to easily communicate (and keep track of our communications) in voice and text from opposite sides of the world without anyone calling in having any indication that we're not all in the same time zone.
ProsRingCentral allows a far-flung Internet-based company to act like a local company in terms of having a local number to call (and call from), while allowing you to quickly and flawlessly transfer callers between extensions even if those extensions are on opposite sides of the planet. It also records all of your texts and calls, allowing you to download and save them for future needs, which is vital in any litigation-sensitive business like property management. On the level of an individual worker, the ability to mix and match a SoftPhone (on your PC), the RingCentral app (on your mobile device), plus seamlessly forward calls from your landline *and* make a VoiP call that then forwards *your end* of that call to your landline and allows you to have the conversation over the phone like normal.
ConsReally, the only problem with RingCentral is the price. The price per person per month is steep enough that a smaller company has to really be careful with who they give extensions to, and the limitation to two SoftPhone installs per extension means you can't really use an extension for a whole department or team. Right now, for example, my Marketing team has 3 full-time and 1 part-time worker, but the company can only afford one extension for all of the marketing, so I can't even install a SoftPhone on my desktop and my laptop, because the other one of our SoftPhones is installed on a computer in the Philippines so that we have multiple people who can answer the phone in case one is busy. Oh, and I have had occasional problems where texting a RingCentral number from a service like Google Voice will flat-out not work, and we can't figure out why. But that's a really minor complaint, all things considered. :)
February 9, 2018
Kim P.
Social Media and Content Development Manager
October 6, 2017

“Rock Solid VoIP with great features, but on the expensive side”

OverallIt's really quite something to have a portable phone system that you can use on any device that can access the internet.
ProsNever had any downtime with RingCentral, which is a big deal to compensate for the fact that we all work remotely. It's important to feel that we can JUST call. We had the occasional weird softrware incompatibility issues withe some USB headsets with the Softphones, but besides that, it felt like it just worked. We have always been able to set up any menu tree, any re-routing option, any special hours of operation we wanted to, in order to suit our occasional business quirks. They have also been quite flexible with our contract, with the occasional downgrade, even when they did not have to. RingCentral also helps us comply with HIPAA standard, which allows us to have health-realted video calls with our clients on a secure platform. The video calls are really quite good, with little to no lag. RingCentral Meetings seems to be another one of their services that seems to just work. The admin portal seems to get better and better, and easier and easier to use. Even though it has a very extensive list of features and options, we seem to be able to manage each individual line ourselves almost all the time and do everything we need to without calling tech support for help.
ConsThe only cons I can think of are the price (although not as high as 8x8) and the occasional (quite rare, really) long wait time to call support. It can feel a bit overwhelming at first because of all the options and features, but once the initial setup is done, it should be fine.
October 6, 2017
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 7, 2019

“Very Cost Effecient Way to Provide Seamless Phone Service for Local and Remote Employees”

OverallI have had a positive experience with RingCentral. We use it for all remote employees and our local conference rooms. Once the IT team had the process down for adding groups and numbers everything has run smoothly.
ProsRingCentral was very easy to setup for our local office as well as remote employees. We mainly went with RingCentral for this functionality. I could order and ship a phone to a remote employee or set up a phone number for remote employee without them needing a phone and all they would have to do is plug in the phone or log in to RingCentral to get going. Call routing and everything else was seamless to the remote employees.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve in configuring the different groups. The customer success team is there to help you get started over the phone and generally available to help whenever needed. It was a bit of a pain to get started, but this was in 2015. It was quite a few emails back and forth with an account rep to get the right plan and block of numbers.
May 7, 2019
Christopher D.
Partner
September 26, 2019

“Best VoIP system out there”

OverallOverall we are quite happy with their service. We have rarely had any issues with our phones other than the occasional tech support issue. Their staff is very reliable and has 24-7 support and sticks with you until the problem is solved.
ProsRingcentral seamlessly integrates across their desk phone, mobile, and computer platforms. Our attorneys are constantly on the go and this helps them stay connected from wherever they are. Using the mobile platforms they are able to connect to their phone to make and receive calls just like they are at their desk. The web browser (chrome) plugins offers features like click to dial and click to text. This means we hardly ever have to manually dial a number to make a phone call.
ConsWith high quality VoIP service comes high bandwidth needs. We have to upgrade our network and internet service to be able to accommodate the increase load from the VoIP phones. The switch was worth it in the end.
September 26, 2019
Robb G.
Technology Advisor
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
July 30, 2018

“Beyond VOIP service a whole business suite ”

OverallI am able to have access to phone call's pretty much anywhere I go and if I am not near one of the numbers I have set up, I will be notified of message's and be able to check them from all my devices. With the glimp chat interface you can keep in text message contact with team members from your computer or cell phone and if someone does not have Ring Central it's not a problem for they can just download glimp and your in business.
ProsThere are so many things that are pros for this software. One of the best things is being able to take a call from multi devices. You can have a softphone (On your computer), physical phone and an app for your cell phone. The configurations are limitless on how you want an inbound call to be routed. The other great feature is being able to fax from your cell phone or your computer via the soft phone. When it comes to notifications, you can get them via SMS, email or both. If you have a team then your really in business for they have GLIMP which is a message service you can use on either your computer or smartphone. The best part is if someone does not have a RingCentral service, not a problem, they can just download the app and your messaging. Lastly the service staff are very helpful and will walk you thru any issue your having and will also teach you if you want to learn.
ConsIf you're going to use the shared line group and have a firewall make sure you get all the ACL IP's for they have a lot and they change often and RingCentral is not good at keeping you updated.
July 30, 2018
Gabriel A.
President/CEO
April 5, 2018

“Overall great solution for business phone service”

OverallOverall good product but there is a learning curve on the setup (Complex interface) and their phone support isn't great
ProsVery powerful solution that can be fully managed through their online interface. I like the support of all of the Polycom phones, support for presence, call queue setups, schedules, etc. It's a very comprehensive system that does a LOT.
ConsTwo issues we have..... 1) We used to use phone.com and we found we had better control of the call flow using their system. We've run into some call flow planning issues due to limitations of Ring Central. 2) WOW their customer support is bad bad bad! At least I just had a terrible experience. We hired a new employee and I needed to setup his phone. We had an existing line setup that we weren't using. I just needed to update the line to use his new phone. It wouldn't let me add his phone to the existing line and wanted me to make a new line. I did that and then I had two lines on the extension. I tried to delete one of the extensions and it said I cannot. I call support and the lady on the phone said she "Ok I can fix this for you but don't ever let this happen again". She was dead serious. I got upset at her about that comment. Long story short, she kept me on hold for 35 minutes then said she couldn't do it and they would call me when it's done. I called back in the next day, talked to someone else and within 10 minutes everything was fixed. What the hell!
April 5, 2018
Law Practice, Unspecified
February 15, 2018

“RingCentral VOIP services offer great value but not a flawless experience.”

ProsHaving shopped business telephony solutions for my own professional practice, I settled on RingCentral as offering the best value for my dollar. I didn't need the VOIP services specifically, but since getting a suite of services from RingCentral I have used them routinely. Focusing specifically on the VOIP service offered by RingCentral I will say that RingCentral offers all the hard- or soft-line system customization options you could want, and makes it easy to use their VOIP services in whatever way you may require, either in the office or mobile. Meanwhile, RingCentral offers ready and helpful support for its customers.
ConsLike any VOIP solution, RingCentral's VOIP quality is going to depend largely on the quality of your internet connection, which may be dodgy if you're operating remotely. This isn't a knock against RingCentral specifically, but a general warning. You'll also find if you're responsible for administering a RingCentral account, including setting up VOIP services, that while the system is extraordinarily powerful in terms of being able to customize it to your specific needs, the interface to do so is, frankly, pretty horrible and obtuse. Fortunately, for most purposes you may be largely able to "set it and forget it". However, if for some reason there are settings you may need to rotate on a regular basis, going through the system portal can be a big hassle.
February 15, 2018
Stephen C.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“PBX in the Cloud - Big Look for Small Firms”

OverallOur customers continually remark that our presence and appearance is that of a much larger company - they are amazed that a small company can have such features as the automated attendant, directory listing, audio conferencing, faxing, etc that we have. The system is ideal for companies with employees on the road. Everything is accessible from a smart phone, soft phone or physical device. We have had no software bugs/issues since subscribing a year ago. We took advantage of the annual billing option both because we are committed to the product and to obtain the discount.
ProsThe subscriptions are very easy to manage - adding or deleting subscriptions is all done easily online. The setup is quite straight forward but there are a number of advanced options for which users should look at the help files (which are quite helpful). Voice mail, and fax options for each users, as well as opening hours, also easy to set up. What is nice is the ability to have calls routed to devices in parallel or sequence. The call-flip feature to transfer a call from one device to another, without stopping the call, works well. Our firm uses call groups to route calls for specific topics to specific agents. The ability to ring one or multiple agents simultaneously (first to pick up takes the call) is really useful.
ConsThe audio conference and the video conferencing are separate applications. It would be ideal if the audio conferencing users could use a web browser to connect the same as the video conference app. I can see the pros and cons of two applications but it can be a bit confusing to subscribers and their customers.
January 9, 2019
Joel B.
Technology Consultant
51-200 employees
June 23, 2018

“RingCentral Rings Our Bell! For a Price.”

ProsThe softphone app performs well and is easy to use. The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop. This means that I can leave my desk and take my laptop with me and still be able to answer my phone. The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software. This saves so much time and makes life so much easier.
ConsMissed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours. Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10 (besides the standard Windows OS application). Having a native UWP would be a great option for RingCentral Soft phone installs are limited to two devices, so I can't install the soft phone on my work PC, work laptop, and home PC. Limiting the amount of soft phones that can connect to the service could be bumped up to 3 or 4. The soft phone application is easy to use, but I think a revamp of the styling would make it even easier. I often click on different tabs because the icons are not always clear. One icon could mean two different things to two different people.
June 23, 2018
Melissa J.
HR Director
51-200 employees
November 14, 2017

“RingCentral Phone System”

Pros- Good call quality. Since it's VoIP, I was worried about call quality and dropped calls - but we've had RingCentral almost 2 years and I've never had an issue. It's all dependent on your internet connection, so if your internet is not great, then RingCentral probably isn't the best option for you. - Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to manage accounts and set up new users. - Great if you don't have a receptionist, or if most of your employees work remotely. You can have physical phones, as well as and app so that employees can use their cell phones. - Much cheaper than most standard phone carriers. - Fax option is great, you don't have to have a real fax machine - just a scanner.
Cons- Implementation wasn't hard, but their administrative account is not the most user friendly. There are a ton of settings options, and if you don't use the phone system exactly how RingCentral assumes you will, it can take a while to configure your way and get around certain defaults. - Customer service is about what you'd expect - only a call center with agents that are hard to understand. Luckily we only needed customer service during implementation, we haven't had any issues since. - Employees will need to be trained, you can't just hand them the phone and account and tell them to run with it. One older employee had an extremely hard time with faxing - couldn't get over the fact that there wasn't a real fax machine.
November 14, 2017
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2019

“All around solution”

OverallThe experience thus far has been great, we have not experienced any outages. Another selling point was the integration of Ring Central Rooms which powers all of our conference rooms and is a really great tool.
ProsIt includes all form of communication: Messaging with Glip, Video conferencing, and standard audio calls.
ConsA large meeting license (100 or more users on a meeting) is static and cannot dynamically move between accounts.
July 31, 2019
Charles S.
Director - Product Development
Retail, 11-50 employees
April 4, 2018

“Expensive but Useful”

OverallI use RingCentral in our business every day. I can easily determine who has called during the past 60 days, and how often. I can also evaluate how many calls I'm missing, and I have the capability to quickly reference all of those calls that need to be returned. This software is a bit pricy, but if they could incorporate a better data function for customers it would be more than worth the cost.
ProsRingCentral provides a valuable resource for companies with high call volumes. I like the fact that you can have multiple users and each user can be set up with their own Voice Messaging. The ability to create multiple greetings depending on if there is someone there to take the call, the time of day, if you are open or closed, or gone on vacation. I'm certain that RingCentral is more than most small businesses will ever use, but enough to take care of nearly every telephone need.
ConsThere is no way to maintain a useful database for your customers. Although there is a Contact feature, it's very basic. This Software would be a home-run if it had a useful database feature. For example, when a call comes in, it would be able to pull up a customers record on-screen that could be edited while speaking to the customer. It would also be useful to be able to import a CVS file to capture existing customers.
April 4, 2018
Brian W.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
April 5, 2019

“Once I switched to using my cell - life got so much better”

OverallAs a person who is typically third on the hierarchy of phone calls I have really hated having to cover the phones when people have been out. One day, after a few particularly long phone calls my neck was hurting and I decided that I needed to stop using the regular handset. I brought my Bluetooth device in the next day and started using the app. This app has been a lifesaver. I am happier now having both hands available. Furthermore, the ability to transfer calls to different people is very smart. I have the ability to even send to people's personal number where on the old app I couldn't do that. I have tried to use the messaging app, but as of yet we are still using Teams for our internal messages. Thank you for the App RingCentral!
ProsI actually have been fairly skeptical of the software since I've been using the IP phone for a year and a half. I was never too proud of it and what it could do. However, once I have switched to using the app on my phone and a bluetooth, I really couldn't be any happier. I have full powers and the ability to even transfer to personal cell phones. I am happy now.
ConsWhen we were all using IP phones we had different phones and that made some things not behave well at all. Other than that, the app has things in a little different places than the regular Ring Central phone app, but I like it better.
April 5, 2019
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2018

“Almost Perfect VOIP Service”

OverallMoving to hosted VOIP from a POTS service was the best thing we ever did. I now have complete control over our voice communications and our users have more features and functionality available to them than they know what to with. Everyone loves it.
ProsRingCentral has everything: centralized control, SMS, great Polycom phones, mobile app, fax as a service, voicemail and fax to email, Outlook and Office 365 integration, and the list goes on. The best part? It all works well. You can literally customize any part of the service. And unlike some providers, you don't pay extra for the auto attendant, which can be as simple or as complex as you care to make it. Their support will walk you through it all, helping you to achieve the perfect setup. You can have the service do secondary rings to your cell, the mobile app, the Windows app, whatever. I honestly cannot think of a single feature or function I've wanted that wasn't already available.
ConsThe reason RingCentral is only "almost perfect" is the annoying account reps, who call frequently. One time I had one call every user on our account within the space of a couple of days! This was done under the guise of ensuring everyone was happy with the service, but all that did was create a scenario where everyone complained--for the first and only time, mind you--about RingCentral. Fortunately, it had nothing to do with the actual service.
September 3, 2018
Thad S.
Attorney - Owner
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
February 18, 2019

“Yes. It is awesome!”

OverallThis is simply huge improvement over the old time he phones. They have a great reputation. We have not even begun to implement all the features such as the integration between RingCentral and Zapier and our CRM to automatically send over call logs or notes.
ProsI can use this to call from anywhere. I don't need to use my desktop phone. If I met the house and I'm working from home, I have my CRM and RingCentral on my desktop and it is almost just as good as working at the office. As far as my clients know, it is just as good. I use this whether I travel or am at home and it is seamless.
ConsI wish it had a stronger intercom feature for the soft phones. The soft phones are the desktop applications that work like a phone. I also wish that they would offer text-only numbers which would be super helpful so long as they do it at a much lower rate than the regular numbers. I don't want to use my regular telephone number to send text to my clients and I don't want to use the main company number to do that either. They're very good reasons for this such as I don't want clients calling me back on my desktop number because I'll never get anything done if there calling me directly all the time. I don't want them receiving a text from me at the main company number (it does allow you to set it up as though you are calling from the company's main number or texting from the company's main number but that's a bad idea for us) and then sending a text back to the main company number and the front desk team was not in the loop for the initial conversation.
February 18, 2019
Mo'men Y.
Online Store Owner
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
April 21, 2019

“RingCentral Office Review”

OverallLove it!
ProsRingCentral is what we use for calls at work. It's great and easy to use for making and receiving calls. It sorts out your log and you can easily check a certain call you had and listen to it, since everything is recorded. It's easy to transfer calls from, do conference calls, and parking the call is a great feature we use when it's so busy and we need to pick up calls on queue. I love that I could change the ringtone, since the default ringtone was annoying and stressful. The quality of the voice is great, and it supports HQ and standard quality, depending on what kind of connection you have. It can send short messages too, and you can adjust your shift/queue time from the web page (RingCentral Portal). It's well-integrated with SalesForce. I know many small businesses that use it too. I'm not part of the team that chose it for the company I work for, but as far as I know, it's not as expensive as other phone services.
ConsThe quality changes drastically when the connection is unstable. That's the only issue I face using RingCentral.
April 21, 2019
January 16, 2019

“Ring Central Desktop soft phone”

OverallIve used Ring Central for 8 years and most of that time its been perfect service. I have had some spotty quality of service issues, mostly related to my equipment and they have been great at troubleshooting whether it is their settings or my router settings that need to be updated.
ProsThe Ring Central desktop soft phone allows me to phone, fax, text, initiate voice conference calls or video meetings, and more functions I still haven't used. The platform is stable, it is easy to configure, it has excellent telephone support and it is has a very competitive price. I use a plantronics headset and have been using Ring Central for 8 years.
ConsA couple of basic enhancements to better manage conference call access codes that have been requested on their website for the past 7 years have still not been implemented. Their product support team expects me to be able to spend an hour on the phone every time they call and try to cancel the ticket if I don't take their call immediately. But overall they have provided in depth network troubleshooting support when I have had occasional quality of service issues (robotic sounding calls).
January 16, 2019
Jeanine P.
Construction Estimator
Construction, 51-200 employees
March 30, 2019

“Opinion about the voicemail option”

OverallGenerally the voicemail feature of this software is great, as I've noted. Our phones work well, there are some nice features for forwarding calls and receiving faxes. Again, I'm not an administrator, just an end user, so I don't know what the full capabilities are, but from what I've seen, it's very useful and easy to use.
ProsI really only use the voicemail and fax options of this software, I like it a lot because it sends me an email with the incoming phone number and it sometimes give a transcript of the message. This way, even when I'm out of the office, I know how many phone calls I've missed and who they are from.
ConsThe transcripts are good, when they are completed. Recently (the past 8-10 months) I have not been getting transcripts, it always tells me the message could not be transcribed. I haven't asked anyone about this, so it may be something that could be easily solved, it just isn't all that important to me. Also, the faxes come in to only one person and then have to be distributed to the intended person. Not sure if that's an option that can be changed or not.
March 30, 2019
James N.
Business Development & Marketing
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“I have had a good experience with RingCentral, but make sure your system is powerful enough”

ProsThe RingCentral Office suite has some great products which really integrate well with each other. I host daily meetings with the RingCentral Meetings app and quality is usually good. I also do a lot of cold calling from the soft phone and have the phone integrated with our Salesforce CRM, which makes logging calls very easy. The RingCentral messaging app (Glip) is one of my favorite parts of the suite of products. Great for communicating with your team, sending files quickly, starting a quick video call, and just collaborating in general.
ConsAlthough I love Glip, it keeps freezing on me and I have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Only to have it happen a few minutes later. Luckily, they have a web version of the app, which works great, but I do wish the desktop app would work. We had a lot of issues with call/meeting quality with RingCentral when we first started, but soon realized it was the fault of the systems we were running the program on (4GB Microsoft Surface Tablets). We were experiencing bad call quality, echoes, and delays in calls. After switching to an 8GB Surface most if not all of those issues have been resolved.
July 25, 2018
Isaac K.
Operations Manager
Executive Office, 11-50 employees
January 11, 2018

“Excellent cloud phone system for small business!”

OverallSeamless phone integration across multiple offices, a greatly reduced cost, and higher reliability and redundancy.
ProsRing Central is extremely easy to use and set up. Reliability is second to none and it has allowed me to seamlessly integrate our corporate phone system across three offices spread out around the country. The online and desktop experience is superb and well-liked by all employees. The app for smartphone makes it very easy to use your mobile device just like the desk phone and you can call all internal and external contacts on the go just as if you are at your desk. The cost is much lower than we were paying before and the best thing about Ring Central is that it involves no hardware (except for the phone) so no risk of server issues or need to ever pay anything for these. Their support is excellent and whatever very minor issues that have come up were quickly resolved via online chatting. Switching our corporate phone system to Ring Central has been one of the best things our company has ever done.
January 11, 2018
Maria Lenin L.
Marketing and business development
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2018

“Office Tool while working at home or anywhere”

ProsI am from the philippines and as a Virtual assistant we need to call businesses at the United States. Ring central provides your own work phone number both web based and desktop tool that you can install in your Pc or laptop. With this tool,calling our leads was easy providing us better results and more sales. The quality is good and connection is stable. They number that appears to them would be a US number. Aside from their great voip, they have ring central meetings which i use when i do a sales presentation to my clients. Connection is good and they can see ny screen clearly without compromising thevoice quality. Recording the presentation is also a great feature which we save for upcoming trainings of new agents. Great customer suppport and client service is commendable.
ConsThe cost is much higher compared to other voips. Some features have additional cost. You can not choose only the voip to pay lower. Glip and ring central meetings are included in the
August 22, 2018
Sheri D.
1-10 employees
May 7, 2018

“Ring Central for Office - Best Business Telephone System Money Can Buy”

ProsIdeal business internet phone system on the market. Everything in one place - telephone, fax, text, zoom meetings, quick chat, you name it - Ring Central has it. The Ring Central App has benefited our business immensely. We can have sales associates on the road and still transfer calls from the office to them; the customer will not know whether they are in the office or on the road. Quick chat function (Glip) makes it easy to set up teams via chat (e.g. Sales Team) to push up daily targets, communicate fast and easily to a specific person, etc. People often respond to a message quicker than a phone call! The capabilities of Ring Central are endless. I would recommend anyone looking at a telephone system to check out Ring Central in detail.
ConsBeing an internet phone system, we have found the connectivity has been an issue. Some days the phone line will be extremely crackly, even though we have the best internet system available in our location.
May 7, 2018
NOE T.
Insurance Agent
May 18, 2018

“Very Good Service”

OverallIt helps me with my sales, I could not work without this software.
ProsI like the ability to install in the Desktop App, Cellphone and even on my tablet. The fax feature is very simple, its just the number@rcfax.com, other service use very long fax email in order to send by email, you can print directly to fax, or fax from Desktop App. I can send Pictures from the Desktop App and from Mobile App, this is very useful for my work. They had a promotion for a fee Headset and they delivered. I have used the service for a couple of years already and experienced only one downtime for an hour or two, so very reliable. The cost is higher than most of the other providers. But, I guess its worth it.
ConsI always get confused with the settings, it is not very easy to get the actual system going. I have experienced some glitches where the app does not open on the desktop, I have to call myself once, then the app stays open after that.
May 18, 2018
Tina M.
Finance Manager
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great Product!”

OverallWe have had an excellent experience with Ring Central. Customer service has always been prompt to assist.
ProsThis program is so user friendly even a child could use it. The fax out service allows you to send fax directly from your email, or you can use the desktop or app portal and send it the traditional way. Notifications come directly to your email, so you just open the PDF and view, or you can save to file. Another great option is the HIPPA compliance feature. This will then require a log in to view sensitive materials that may be subject to privacy laws. This program is be a great addition for any business.
ConsThe preview cover sheet option does not work on all browsers, so we are not sure of the layout. Sometimes there are lags in outgoing transmissions and they take a little longer than others.
July 25, 2019
David Y.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 10, 2019

“Great Phone Service for Any Sized Organization”

OverallI have used RingCentral for almost 15 years with no significant outages or issues in that time - and with fully integrated voice features, texting, and audio - video conferencing bridges built into the service my complete Unified Communications is in one fixed price monthly bill. I couldn't be happier with either the product, the service, or the support I've received.
ProsAn incredibly flexible product that is easy to program; with features from interactive menus to full call center capabilities, RingCentral can scale from single-line businesses to supporting organizations with thousands of lines in hundreds of locations. No on-premise equipment needed other than desk phones, this fully Voice over IP (VoIP) service is completely managed from a web portal for provisioning users, managing their services, voicemail, etc.
ConsEnhanced Caller ID (with name) should be available on all levels of service.
July 10, 2019
Michael M.
Help Desk Manager
December 12, 2017

“Whether using desktop/mobile app, a browser or an actual phone, RingCentral has you covered.”

OverallWe can't imagine a better solution for our unified communication needs. We use RC Meetings for each team's weekly updates and strategy sessions, Glip to message back and forth and share files in the interim, and use the desktop and mobile apps for RingCentral on a daily basis.
ProsI'm not sure how much more robust the software could possibly be. We use RingCentral in-house as well as resell it and if it isn't top tier UCaaS, I don't know what is.
ConsThere is a wide dearth between the mobile or desktop apps and the browser application in terms of functionality. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as for most users, the lion's share of their interaction with RingCentral would likely either be via a desktop phone or on a computer screen; but I don't often have need to launch the app in the browser and do most of my work from my mobile device anyway. So as an admin, my ability to oversee the account is limited in those contexts.
December 12, 2017
Scott B.
July 26, 2019

“Should Have Started my Business with Ring Central”

ProsIntuitive web portal for configuring VoIP system. Custom fax pages. Great mobile and softphone apps.
ConsHaven't really stumbled upon any weaknesses. Maybe the need to call support when I couldn't figure out how to set something up myself? Hasn't happened often and support has always been great.
July 26, 2019
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Excellent software ”

OverallRing Central has made my job substantially more convenient and helped me a lot in separating business from my personal life. I love it and would recommend it to any business looking to set up a company line.
ProsRing Central is an excellent software for communicating with clients without giving away personal information. It allows you to use your own phone while setting work hours, redirecting calls, having a separate voicemail, and using a different phone number than your own (like I said, no giving away personal information). You're even able to text from your new number! One of the largest benefits, in my opinion, is knowing whether incoming calls are through your personal number or your Ring Central number. It allows you to know if you should answer personally for friends and family or professionally for business. Ring Central also starts you out with a company directory with all the other users in your company, making contacting anyone you need extremely easy. The last major benefit is the ability to change (or block) the number you're calling from. If an issue arises (say a contracted client is ignoring or blocking your calls after services were rendered), you're able to try with a different number.
ConsBy nature, the software does use internet access, whether it's data or WiFi. That's no fault of Ring Central, but rather just by design of using a third party software on your phone. There also isn't an ability to have group texts (at least, not that I've found).
Jennifer L.
Warehousing, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“Quick and Easy Online Faxing”

OverallWe have successfully switched to faxing online rather than using a physical fax machine. I initially thought this task would be more daunting and avoided it for a while. But RingCentral's platform has made the transition seamless.
ProsMy company has been using RingCentral Office primarily for online faxing purposes for three years now. RingCentral's UI makes it incredibly easy to switch from physical faxing to online faxing. It is made even more convenient since you can fax directly from your email. I cannot tell you how happy we were to be able to finally get rid of our antiquated fax machine.
ConsInitially logging in was more cumbersome as you had to remember each individual profile's phone number and unique password. But they have since updated their log in system and now you can log in using an email address which is much simpler and easier to remember .
Nick J.
Agent
Insurance, 11-50 employees
November 15, 2018

“It's a good product but has some limitations/annoyances”

Pros--Works great as VOIP phone system for small office --The text messaging feature is just like the one on your phone, you get SMS and MMS, it's Awesome --Is able to be integrated into various automation platforms --Comes with the "paid" version of Zoom meetings --Desktop App is pretty good --Integrates well with Google Chrome and other web browsers --Has click to dial from the Chrome extension --Setup initially is pretty simple.
Cons--Customer service is pretty meh. Your "rep" is going to change quite frequently and they aren't based in the US, so there is a serious cultural and language barrier. They also will not understand how to help your business. --Setting up the product with automation platforms is complicated if you don't have significant technical skills. --The product is pretty pricey relative to what you receive, in my opinion --There desktop has some quirks that take some getting use too. --There is about a 1/2-1/4 sec latency in the phone connection. Can be very annoying sometimes. --Occasionally, the connection with another person, especially if its a cell phone is shotty. 2x a week I'd say.
November 15, 2018
Nick M.
Web Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
October 24, 2018

“RingCentral makes staying connected work”

OverallRingCentral VoIP has left a lasting impression on me as it will definitely be my go to whenever working for another company that uses anything else or if I start a company on my own.
ProsI used RingCentral on the job for answering support calls. The best part about RingCentral are the features it provides. I specifically enjoy the abilities to easily forward calls to my cell phone and to ring out if I'm using a mobile device to make the call. These services made days working from home ten times easier and looking at competitors they don't nearly have as many features.
ConsRingCentral is expensive. From time to time you also get calls where the other recipient can't hear you, which I'm sure is common in most VoIP services. The cons are rather minimal and while I tend to mention price a lot in reviews I don't usually see it as that big of a factor outside of what your company can afford. Using some of the best services usually cost a bit more to the competition.
October 24, 2018
JudyAnn L.
April 11, 2018

“I find RingCentral to be very efficient and easy to work with for my needs”

OverallThe calls come through efficiently and effectively. I don't think I've ever had to say "RingCentral has messed something up." Consistently, quietly efficient.
ProsI like being able to track calls on a call log that I can download into Excel. I can download call logs and use the Find option in Excel to check for numbers to prove the presence of calls. I use the RingCentral app on my smart phone. The ability to text as well as call is very helpful because so many people will read a text ahead of a voice message. Multiple users were not difficult to set up after support walked me through the process. Support was always helpful, although they did encourage me to learn to do things without them. Security is good; there are multiple places requiring a second login to reach. Having the fax option is most helpful.
ConsThe interface is a little intimidating until you have worked with it for awhile. The tutorials were outdated when I began.
April 11, 2018
Karen M.
Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
October 25, 2018

“Great phone system”

OverallWe have had a few glitches but overall have been very happy with the product. We are committed to using it for our law firm's communications.
ProsRing Central allows me to make and receive calls on my mobile phone without giving my clients my personal number. The app interface is easy to use. I am also a huge fan of Ring Central activities (formerly Glip) that is a task manager. My paralegal and I manage all my tasks and to dos through it. I love that I can fax a word document directly from Ring Central without converting it to a pdf first. Big time saver. You get an email with copy of the texts you receive. Big help for tracking clients.
ConsSometimes there are problems connecting on the phone - not sure how much of that is my wifi or internet connection and how much is the app.
October 25, 2018
Kelli W.
Agent
Insurance, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Best phone service we have used”

OverallI have been very happy with the service, I love the app version so if I have to step out of the office I can still take calls.
ProsI like how streamlined the service is. The app works perfectly, we have used other services and we had trouble with the app and we have never had a problem using the desktop or app versions.
ConsI feel that changing voicemail is a little complicated but once you get the hang of it, it is easier. There are many different options which are great because you have a regular voicemail and after hours.
September 5, 2019
Michael P.
Director of Business Development
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
January 2, 2019

“RingCentral, the right choice for your business”

ProsVery easy to use and functional. You can access your RingCentral from all devices and extremely reliable services. Getting better and better all the time. Customer service is great and you can actually speak to a live person, not via email or voicemail like others, also they are very understanding the needs and wants of your individual business. Our office has been with RingCentral for about 10 years now and we never had any issues. We have been recommending many of our clients and colleagues to RingCentral.
ConsWe have a duly recognized national non-profit organization, thus if RingCentral would have reasonable discounts for qualified non-profits would be great. Other large companies have discounts for non-profits.
January 2, 2019
Ashlie P.
Holistic Health Practitioner / Personal Trainer / Essential Oil Expert
May 9, 2018

“The future of small business phone systems”

OverallIt's saved me money and given me more capability than my phone company ever could. It's also made it so I can be anywhere in the world working and still be able to use my business phone. It's been a great investment.
ProsNot only does this software use my number, I have an additional number as well as fax capabilities. It also has text capabilities and the RingCentral features like RC meetings and Glip. It can be used through a softphone, computer, or cell phone/tablet. All of this costs as much as I was previously paying for one line through our phone company.
ConsIt can be a pain when needing to use it on another computer. I have to go into the website, deactive the other computer to use it on the one I am on at the time. It's an extra step that takes time that I usually don't have.
May 9, 2018
Janine L.
Reservations Manager
December 6, 2017

“Mixed Feelings”

ProsWe have had RingCentral for a while now and it was a very rocky start (not going to lie). However, they have come a long way and improved significantly. Amongst some of the improvements, the most important and positive are their call quality, their customer service, and call processing. Some of the features (e.g. call notifications) were very inconsistent and calls were not being received. I'm proud to say that this has improved SIGNIFICANTLY :)
ConsThe most disappointing feature of RingCentral is still the inability to download my call records for more than a few months at a time. That seems really unusual, not to mention inconvenient!! This is not conducive to being able to do reporting on call volume and such.
December 6, 2017
Michelle S.
Psychologist/owner
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
January 31, 2019

“Cost-effective Phone+Fax”

OverallCustomer support has always been very responsive and helpful.
ProsI love how it includes fax capabilities included with the phone service for the same price as others who only include phone. I also chose Ring Central because it had an app that I could use on my personal cell phone...the app allows me to keep my business line and personal line separate but to only carry one phone.
ConsI have been confused as to whether my service includes text. The quote I received to include text would be more than twice what I currently pay. However, some clients have taken it upon themselves to text me, and I am not charged extra. I need a clear answer on if I can send/receive texts or not (and I do NOT want to pay extra for it).
January 31, 2019
achol r.
IT specialist
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“ Ringcentral is my assistance .”

Proswhat I like the most about RingCentral that its a friendly user softphone, I use on my daily basis task as I should intact with my customers and assist them with voice calls, text, fax, from the app, I can even use RC on my android , lets not forget to mention that the ring central meeting that I do with my co-workers remotely with a screen share which is really fantastic for our business, saving time, efforts, definitely reliable , it got all i need such Call Monitoring,Conference calls, call park, Extensions,Visual Voicemail , Online Meetings.
Consit needs to be worked on that part when I got some calls comes in without a ring and i just find missed calls
October 31, 2018
Paige E.
Associate Director of Outward Bound Professional
June 21, 2018

“I utilized RingCentral for all my calls in the office and remotely for a customer service position.”

ProsI appreciated that RingCentral is utilized through my laptop, via my cell phone, and translated into voicemails via email and more. When I received a call on my laptop, the navigation through RingCentral made it easy to transfer calls, create a conference call, and track the numbers I received calls from. On top of that, RingCentral integrated with the Zoho CRM and allowed me to make calls through the CRM, logging my calls and providing the opportunity to document what the call was for, and more.
ConsI found that after my cell phone was linked to RingCentral, even though customers were not calling my personal number, I started to receive a large number of spam calls to my personal number. I'm not sure if there was a link between RingCentral having my actual phone number and the spam calls but I started to think it could be a possibility.
June 21, 2018
Michael R.
Executive Director of Franchising
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2018

“Great Product with Many Features”

OverallThe price is good. Many features. RingCentral is a great upgrade for most businesses.
ProsRingCentral offers a wide variety of features. It's easy to add phone users, phone numbers, and phone extensions. It has a wealth of features that help you improve the way you use telephone systems for business. You can also use conference call settings and faxing from RingCentral. The app is also easy to use and very convenient.
ConsSome of the more advanced features are not as easy to use - initially. There are many features in the system, and for many people, the basic options are all they need. Some of the advanced rules can be a little difficult to understand, but once you figure them out, they're not hard to use.
April 30, 2018
Harrison B.
Customer Success
3.5/5
3.5/5
August 29, 2016

“Moderately easy-to-use Phone Software”

ProsWe make frequent use of the RingCentral desktop softphone applet in office. The applet works pretty well! This applet is probably the sole reason I like RingCentral as much as I do. Its easy to navigate, dial phone numbers, set yourself away, and transferring is a breeze.
ConsTo name a few: -Round Robin is really the only scalable phone support option. You can sorta make multiple phones ring at the same time, but only in small groups. Essentially, you cannot set up a "ring everyone at the same time" style of phone. I suppose this isn't a big deal for some, but its definitely a downer for us. -The actual website. Navigating and dealing with phone settings and administration related tasks is not easy. Unless you read the knowledge center or know how to do it already, it takes a LOT of clicking around to familiarize yourself with where things are or what certain features are or even what those features may be called. -Not every option is available to change or toggle on the desktop softphone applet, meaning unless you know exactly what needs to be set up and how, it can take a while of clicking and navigating menus until you understand where options live and how to use them.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are a lot of options in this space, (we switched from OnSip) and some are definitely better than others. RingCentral works and fits our needs for where we are at now, but the biggest piece of advice I have is to only sign on for year-long contracts just in case you discover something that fits your needs better.
August 29, 2016
Juan F.
Managing Partner
Insurance, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2019

“Very good service for a small company”

ProsIt has tons of features that are great for texting, faxing, and team meetings.
ConsThe price and contract when adding new lines.
July 22, 2019
Valerie M.
Account Executive
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
June 8, 2019

“Awesome for automating the dialing process ”

OverallAs a sales rep, I'm able to make so many more calls in a day thanks to this tool. I used to work for a company that didn't have anything like it and we picked up the phone every time - we would handle about 1/4 of the amount of calls I make in this job.
ProsThat I don't have to dial the customers' numbers, ever again. For a high call volume job (sales, professional services, support) it's so crucial. Integrates with our CRM - makes my day so much easier and I can focus on reaching more people than admin work.
ConsThat it doesn't let me do the same for texting. And that sometimes it lags. We also tried the new version and it doesn't recognize any letters beside the number, won't let me dial at all (I.e. 888-666-1122 cell).
June 8, 2019