Freedcamp Ratings

Overall

About Freedcamp

The most user-friendly online experience for managing any type of Project. Freedcamp contains one of the most comprehensive feature sets on the market while allowing you to only install the ones your team really needs. We offer innovative new user interfaces that reduce the amount of time required to stay on top of projects. Freedcamp is ideal for businesses and freelancers who are ready to get organized with ease. Learn more about Freedcamp

Miguel G.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
March 10, 2018

“My Favorite Project Management Application”

OverallFreedcamp is an amazing tool that works well in small businesses with no need for Program or Portfolio Management. Managing multiple projects at that level might not be an easy thing to do. I track a dozen projects at any given time, but my business structure is simple and does not rely on overly complex resource allocations or time management... I am a small shop managing projects as needed, keeping tabs on time spent for billing, and track of tasks to be completed. Freedcamp does provide a means of tracking milestones as well and fits the bill to my exact business needs. From what I can see with my daily use, Freedcamp can be cumbersome in environments with heavy development. It does not provide for defect management, testing, etc. It is a task board that can be customized to fit many needs, but definitely not an enterprise tool.
ProsFreedcamp provides a flexible and effective pricing structure to fit any business needs, including a free account. The list of standard features alone are impressive: shared file management, tasks, discussion boards, calendar, message boards, unlimited users, projects and storage, even time tracking... a feature that is often considered a premium with other project management applications. It has a pleasant UI which makes it easy to use. Even the setup is easy. Most of all, it provides customization at each project level. The home page now offers a dashboard that displays specific information for each logged in user. Get a bird's eye view of your work, updates, projects and weekly calendar overview on a single page to start off your day. Want an even more customized experience? Head straight to the widgets and create your own dashboard tailored to your specific needs. Freedcamp also provides the ability to change the display of many pages to a different view (i.e. view projects as cards or as a list).
ConsI use the free account because it provides me with all the features I find essential for my simple business structure. But, it would be nice if there was some sort of basic or simple reporting features at this level. Unfortunately, reporting is only part of their paid subscription. But their pricing is low enough that it is actually worth forking out the extra few bucks. For as long as I have been using Freedcamp, I have not yet encountered anything else I would consider a con, as it has provided me with a solution to all of my project management needs. I do not work with Program or Portfolio Management, so I am not sure if Freedcamp provides such level of management. Based on their features list, this does not appear to be something Freedcamp has been designed to do. But if Program or Portfolio Management is not a part of your environment, Freedcamp is definitely worth looking into.
March 10, 2018
Uriah G.
Web Developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 7, 2017

“I use this application to monitor my task and complete timesheets. Very useful. Very efficient.”

OverallThis software saves me time when doing my monthly timesheets and reports. It has helped me to better organize my work life, and my home life. I am looking forward to seeing this as a phone app, so that I can have access to it quickly, and on the go. Thank you to the freedcamp team.
ProsEach project can be divided into task groups, which allows for a better separation of goals. The tool is probably designed for groups and teams to work together. But I am still in the midst of encouraging my team to use it officially. Currently, the Tasks page works well for self management. I am able to write as many notes as I like, set due dates which will show red when I am approaching the deadline. I love organization, and this page is by far the most useful for me. As a developer at a small company, I am responsible for many different tasks concerning several different projects at any given time. All of these tasks have deadlines and sometimes highly time sensitive. Coming into the task page and seeing things labeled in red, and due dates visible makes my job a little easier to manage. Before this, I was using Google Spreadsheets with the rest of my team to track tasks and deadlines. They still use Google, but I have been using this more and more. Even for my personal task and goals outside of work.
ConsI like the time tracker. But I feel it could be better organized. It would be useful to store a collection of time records in an archived folder somewhere. I use the time records to keep track of my time each month, in order to bill my client. But after the bill is sent out, I no longer need to see the previous months records. However I would like to access them quickly without playing with the current filter setting. It would also be nice to have a MAX TIME option for a time record. Sometimes I get distracted and forget to hit the stop button. When I return to the time record, it may have 100+ hours and counting. Then I have to guess when I actually stopped working on the task. A selected many feature would be nice as well, in order to delete multiple records at once. I love the Tasks page, but I probably spend more time in the Time tracker page.

By Freedcamp on July 8, 2017
Hi Uriah, Thank you for a great review! Later this year you will see more new cool things related to Time/Tasks/Invoices - set estimate hours on a task - track time on Tasks - tasks will be exposed to Time app - time will be tracked for each manual entry or each timer run separately so we can tell how many exactly hours/min you spent this week or this month - Invoices app will allow to bill client by completed tasks or time period you select. Billed entries will be clearly marked and easily filtered out. You will also be able to pull a combination of completed only and, for example, last month. - if you worked on a long task and spent 40 hours (billed) last week and 25 hours (not billed) this week - time entry will be marked as partially billed. And yes - we will definitely add an email and pop-up reminder when timer is running more than 8 hours. As always - I am happy to chat 1:1 directly to better understand requirements. Cheers, Igor
July 7, 2017
Mick B.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
June 15, 2016

“It changed the way we work”

OverallProjects and ongoing service development was done using Word documents and Spreadsheets. these were emailed around and project documents stored in shared folders but in no real structure. Keeping track of tasks and their staus was difficult and keeping project documents up to date and tracking who changed them was very difficult. We had a major project to implement and we looked at different project management solutions and decided on Freedcamp. Much of what you can do is in the free parts but some of the add ons make a big difference, especially sub tasks which expand your ability to allocate work within a particular task, and Wiki which allows you to hold 'live' documents, we use this for change control plus other things. The biggest benefit I have found is it makes people work collaboratively. Using notifications you can control what people get update emails about. These give a precis of changes and keep people aware and involved and it has been a real culture change. It is much harder for people to forget about the project until the next meeting and if you do a task review based on due date it adds urgency. You still have to drive the project but as a tool it really helps you do that.
ProsAccessible anywhere Intuitive to use and seems fine in all the browsers I have tried Great for structuring the work. Really helps you do identify priorities and group tasks and documents Milestones keep people focused and you can link tasks and sub tasks to them to get a fuller view of progress. If you are a Google user you can synch project calendars to your Google calendar and utilise Google Drive, which gives you another option for collaborative documents
ConsSome people mention a lack of Gant charts but I just work in a different way now. I just had to adjust to that and some colleagues find Gant charts confusing anyway.
Recommendations to other buyersOne thing we found was using Lucidchart we could do flowcharts and link them by URL to Freedcamp. We did this with Wiki documents and had links in the Wiki docs. This meant project team members could, without having access to Lucidchart, see an up to date copy of any flowcharts we had for workflow building.
June 15, 2016
Jeremy C.
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
September 20, 2019

“Freedcamp Review”

OverallFreedcamp has allowed us as a team to work 10x more efficiently, ensuring clients are happy.
ProsFreedcamp is an incredible tool for keeping projects on track and ensuring deadlines are met. It allows you as a producer to worry less about remembering those notes you wrote down in a notebook, knowing that your project is being tracked.
ConsFreedcamp does not update as often as I would like. Software should constantly be changing to stay relevant with trends and industry needs.

By Freedcamp on September 23, 2019
Hi Jeremy Thanks for your review! Freedcamp is updated every 2 weeks and multiple times in between for bug fixes and small tweaks. If you have something in mind we did not implement - please feel free to use https://freedcamp.uservoice.com Please let us know how we can improve support - I searched any requests from you - found none and I am not sure why our support was valued with 3 stars :) Any extra details will be super useful. Thanks, Igor
September 20, 2019
Comacell B.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Our Go-To Product Management Site”

OverallOverall I love freedcamp, I've been using this software for two years now and it continues to upgrade the things I always have small issues with so I'm hoping to see them tune up the major flaws. I would suggest this to any group or team needing a software to effectively communicate and delegate work.
ProsFreedcamp is my favorite collaboration service for multiple users which has helped me organize and collaborate effectively via the cloud. Freedcamp is my ideal software for staying in control of projects, resources, budget, and time. My favorite feature is getting notifications in real-time of updates, questions and or comments.
ConsMy least favorite thing about freedcamp is using the software via the app. I don't like the fact that I can't save images that are loaded up by collaborators or myself. The functions of the app aren't half as good as using the website.

By Freedcamp on November 16, 2018
Hi Comacell, Thank you for a review. Regarding mobile apps - we just released a new version of our Android app https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/10/25/freedcamp-android-invitation-install-test/ which has a ful support for attachments. For you iOS users - a new version is ready but since it a brand new application we keep it in beta to be released in December. You can send me a list of your iOS users and will add them to beta so they can also work with attachments - https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/10/25/freedcamp-ios-invitation-install-test/ Regards, Igor
November 2, 2018
Environmental Services, Unspecified
January 2, 2018

“A great task manager which works well for managing projects too”

OverallKeeps me on track and reminds me when I need to do things.
ProsThe development team is constantly improving the software and it seems to get better and better. The interface is really nice, and it's very intuitive. You have have lists or kanban boards for tasks, and subtasks too. The projects are colour coded and it's easy to navigate them. You can import tasks from an excel sheet which is really helpful if you have a standard list of tasks for each new project. The free version is perfect for me since I work on my own but I can see that it would be great for teams to use as well.
ConsAt the moment you can't have recurring tasks, which is a massive negative. However, this this planned to be included in 2018 I believe. The Android app is currently a bit basic (and not very stable on my tablet), but I believe this is also due for an upgrade in 2018 so fingers crossed it will get better. Task reminders could be better - at the moment you can set filters to show tasks due in a certain number of days, but it's a bit clunky and it would be helpful to have start and end dates for tasks rather than just single dates.

By Freedcamp on January 3, 2018
Hi, Just an update. Start date for tasks is available on Business Plan and we plan to add it to Lite plan as well in 2018. You are correct regarding recurrent tasks - planing to add in Q1 2018 to all paid plans. New daily/weekly digest reminding on missed deadlines for both start and due dates in tasks, milestones, issues is coming early Jan, Thanks for your review!
January 2, 2018
Martha W.
Owner / Lead Designer
May 21, 2019

“The best free to use project management software!”

OverallIt's been great. I haven't had any problems and the information they give you on their website is true. It is 100% free.
ProsFreedcamp is, to put it simply, AWESOME. I've tried so many project management software and freedcamp is by far my favorite. It is free, easy to use, intuitive for my clients, and full of so many great features! These features include task lists, the ability to assign tasks to clients, due dates, item priority levels, reminders for upcoming deadlines, communication with clients, file management, & so much more. I have more than 40 projects on the free version and it has made my jobs go so much more smoothly. My clients are happy and so am I! The paid options are also great if you need a more robust project management software.
ConsThe one feature I would love to have is the ability to create a project that has all the items I use for every client and duplicate that project for each new client. Right now I have to set up a new project each time. I believe this may be a feature of the paid version that I have not tested out yet!

By Freedcamp on May 23, 2019
Hi Martha, Thank you for a review! You can copy tasks and tasks lists from one project to another on all paid plans You can copy projects on the Business plan https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/Ogaab You can import template tasks from XLS on all plans - https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/zxbab
May 21, 2019
Kassie L.
Staff Accountant
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2019

“Excellent Software even better customer service”

OverallExcellent experience and happy with the features and support I have received. The software keeps all our projects in front of us and holds us all accountable since you can assign different tasks to different people. I would recommend Freedcamp to others and encourage them to do the free trial, but watch the tutorials first.
ProsThe customer service is amazing. They respond quickly and truly want to work with you to help you with your needs. The software is customizable for different industries and needs, and the tutorials are easy to listen to and follow. We really like that you can also save important discussions within each project and attach files to each project you may need. It is a one stop shop that allows us to see what needs to be done and keep everything in one easy to access place. It also holds each member of the project accountable as you can assign various tasks to different people within the project.
ConsI wish the filters on the task page had more capabilities but again they have been working with me trying to help me get the functionality I need. The calendar feature is also a little hard to use for my needs but I am sure they will add more features as time goes on.
September 26, 2019
Ernesto Enrique F.
Full-stack Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
December 28, 2018

“Very good task manager for entrepreneurs”

OverallIn general it is the best application to handle tasks, work teams and projects if you are an entrepreneur. I stopped using it because I needed some features like custom statuses and custom labels. Unfortunately they added them when I had already moved to another application
ProsI used this software for more than 4 years and was in love since its first use. If you are looking for a simple task manager to keep track of all your pending tasks, Freedcamp is undoubtedly your best option. You can manage your tasks by lists and projects, have as many projects as you want, even in its free version, manage users at your whim, filters, export tasks or entire projects. Freedcamp has instant synchronization with Google Calendar and now they added the integration feature with Zapier or you can develop your own API connection.
ConsSomething I do not like is the invoice manager, missing features that do have others, there is no continuity in the user interface, some features were added over time and look different and finally the mobile application, it still needs a lot of work.
December 28, 2018
Alexander D.
Technical Artist/Owner
September 20, 2015

“My reasons - flexibility and a low threshold of entering”

OverallThe first thing I noticed about Freedcamp was its flexibility. Freedcamp doesn't limit the number of members in the project, or the number of projects. It has limits though by features enabled in your projects. This allows you to have a piece of mind when you create a new project. You simply know it is free for any number of participants and if you will need a paid feature ' cost is fixed and is affordable. Any extra module can be purchased separately for the project at any time. If you need Invoices for a particular project, you buy the module. If you need Issue Tracker ' also buy the required module. In this case, you only pay for the functions needed at a particular time. Project is finished and you don't need it' Simply cancel subscription. The second important aspect of the system is a low threshold of entering. It is hard to achieve, based on my evaluations of other system, but Freedcamp truly empowers my team and customers, educate them and show how such tool saves time. It allows to be more effective, work better together and gives us a competitive advantage because our journey with the client gives them new experience they buy. We just say: 'We are going to use Freedcamp. It doesn't require any special skills or special trainings'. Also, they shouldn't check Freedcamp all the time, they receive emails with all discussions and updates in tasks by email, including art work we attached. Freedcamp's basic functionality doesn't have any features aimed to specify type of business, being, in some sense, universal. In other systems, where they create vertical market PM tool (for engineers, marketers, designers etc.) ' language, UI can mislead and turn off clients making project a failure. Personally, I also like ability to add new version to my attachments anywhere in Freedcamp. In my job it's very important, because it allows not to litter a discussion or a task with dozens of copies of the same image by constantly posting minor changes. Instead, Freedcamp allows simply add a new version to an old attachment, while retaining the ability to see all previous changes in a well done interface. Of course, I don't want to say it has all I want to see, but feature set and design that exists now, and my conversations with Freedcamp team, which is always available and not only listens but reacts quickly for my personal bug reports and feature requests, leads me to believe that it will evolve to be an even better tool for me and my team.
September 20, 2015
Alejandro A.
General Manager
September 8, 2015

“Freedcamp has done a lot for me and I feel attached.”

OverallFor the past year I've been performing an unconventional role as area manager for two movie theatres in Silicon Valley. In March of 2013 I began overseeing both locations without a conventional general manager installed at either location. In customer service and retail industries this kind of flat "start up" organizational structure is unheard of. The "boss" was always off site and the managers were expected to function as a team without any hierarchy. I knew that a key aspect of this radical experiment in re-structuring would be to empower each of the managers to act on behalf of the company while also giving them a way to communicate upstream and downstream with little effort, so that I could "see" what was going on during each shift and the upper management and floor staff could also witness the engagement and commitment of the management team. After test-driving a few social "project" services, I chose Freedcamp. In addition to the cornerstone of manager logs, I use your system for staff schedules, facility maintenance task assignments, HR, special event coordination, logging vacation time, marketing/promotions, emergency forms for police and fire, reporting grosses to studios, a wishlist where all 50 employees can voice their desires for the company, and more. Every department in my company utilizes Freedcamp for something. I was unaware my HR department was using the manager logs until they demonstrated that they were using the search function to look up employees' names and track behaviour over time in advance of disciplinary action. I didn't show them how, they just took the initiative. This was the first clue I got that I wasn't "forcing" the system--that other departments were getting easy access to more information than they had before. A third satellite location in our company is overseen by a technophobe, who has recently and vigorously adapted to the Freedcamp-based maintenance system I developed without my coaching him at all, and now he posts more than anyone else. This is final proof that what I've instituted using your software is self-sustaining, creating a much-needed flow of information within a small but disjointed company that has grown in fits and spurts since 1975. When I took on the new role a year ago, I lost six managers in one month. The strain of the "boss-less" system was too great without some additional infrastructure. Since introducing Freedcamp, my attrition rate is zero. No one wants to leave now.
September 8, 2015
Shelby S.
Freelance Graphic Designer
August 28, 2019

“Freedcamp is an efficient way to keep track of tasks.”

ProsThis product was a definite improvement of my coworkers and I emailing each other back and forth. Keeping track of web design projects and all of the changes or fixes that need to be done is all in one place and can be easily navigated.
ConsSome aspects such as web passwords on the toolbar doesn't always show the list. I'm sure this is user fault, but it personally can be confusing to add things to the right places.

By Freedcamp on August 30, 2019
Hi Shelby, Thanks for your review. Please post us more about "Some aspects such as web passwords on the toolbar doesn't always show the list. " - we would love to hear details to see if we can improve. Thanks Igor
August 28, 2019
March 23, 2018

“Versatile Project Management Tool, Good Team Functionality, Affordable Pricing”

ProsI've been using Freedcamp for a few simpler projects and it has everything you need: - Gantt charts to get a bird's eye view of your project - easy storage of passwords, access codes etc. - define tasks and subtasks - Create tasks either as a list or arrange them in a sticky like note fashion - You can extend the app with addons you can get from a built-in App Store Also it's great for collaborating with other members as it's very simple to invite external users to your projects to work together
ConsThe interface is a bit old school for my taste and the task options are quite basic out of the box. Being able to create invoices is a nice feature, but it's a bit cumbersome and unfortunately too basic for European law. Day to day features like reverse charge invoices between members of the EU are not possible to do because there doesn't seem to be any way to add text fields to invoices to include e.g. the customer's VAT number. What's also lacking is a thorough right's management. E.g. you work together with a freelancer who can set the price he is charging you, but cannot see which price you put into a custom field he doesn't have access to. Apart from that I'm quite happy about the software actually.

By Freedcamp on March 27, 2018
Thanks for posting a review. Invoicing app contains VAT ID (last field) when you set up a client. All people invited to a project with Custom Fields can access and see them unless you meant something else. If you want to clarify - please email me back Cheers, Igor
March 23, 2018
Michelle C.
Steering Group Chairperson
August 11, 2017

“We used Freedcamp for project-managing our rural community-based fundraising event.”

ProsYou can just jump in and use it without any advanced computer skills and your data is regularly backed up. It's just so easy to get up and going immediately. You can run multiple projects at a time. The other things I really like about Freedcamp is the speedy, knowledgeable and friendly help desk service, as well as the ability to post suggested improvements in a public forum that other users can comment and vote on. It's like being part of a development team all working to create the best programme possible. Also, Freedcamp kindly sponsored our non-profit community event by giving us access to all the add-ons at no cost. Apart from producing a wonderful product, it demonstrates a social conscience that is a rarity today. We are extremely grateful to them for supporting us.
ConsI honestly can't think of a thing. It did everything we needed it to. I would recommend it to others in a heartbeat - particularly to small community groups that don't use project management software on a regular basis or have a large organisation behind them with lots of computer skills. This isn't to say it's not a complex and well-engineered product suitable for a wide range of organisations and businesses - simply that it's designed so that people with ALL levels of experience can use it. If I had to make a comment on what I'd like to see with Freedcamp, it would be that it is more widely advertised online so that when people search for project management software, it's right there in your face and you don't have to go looking through lists of other, more complex and expensive options. :-)
Mary Alice G.
Co-Owner & Director of Marketing
January 26, 2018

“Wonderfully Robust for a Free Project Management Platform”

ProsAs independent contractors, we are often added as team members to other project management platforms. After using Slack, Trello, BaseCamp, Jira and others, we actually opted for Freedcamp for our own internal purposes. We find it doesn't have the steep learning curve required to adequately and accurately use the features and functionality available and isn't nearly as overwhelming to uninitiated clients, increasing user engagement and buy-in. We recently upgraded to the Business version, but found that the free version met most of our needs for the first 2 years of use. The time-tracking feature is especially nice, and is what originally drew us to Freedcamp over some of the other options at the time.
ConsThe app isn't nearly as robust as the desktop version, being limited primarily to the management of tasks only. If some of the other features were integrated, I would be hard-pressed to find another platform to recommend as broadly to a wide variety of clients as I do Freedcamp.
Simone M.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 2, 2019

“A perfect tool to cooperate at work”

OverallVery positive experience, I started use many years ago after having tested a similar platform on line.
ProsThe easy use of it, the clean and friendly interface, the possibility of setting each project with different tools.
ConsIt misses some minor functionality, as the possibility of bulk manage items (e.g. delete all past task at once...)
September 2, 2019
Jack H.
Partner
November 15, 2016

“Easily the Best Lightweight PM Tool around”

OverallI needed a new lightweight PM tool. Checked out old faithful, (Basecamp). Ugh. Don't need to spend the money for these small projects. Tried Asana. Ok, but weird interface I could never get used to. Tried Meisterwork. (I think that was the name.) It wasn't bad, but it didn't wow me. Then I found Freedcamp. Wow! I signed up immediately, and have been using it literally every day for 6 months now. I manage a bunch of smallish projects all the time. None of them last long, but there are too many tasks and too many projects and too many statuses to do it on paper. Wow, do I love this little program. Like Basecamp, it does not do GANTT charts or WBS or Earned Value calculations or all that high-end NASA-centric calculating. What it does do is allow me to manage a butt-load of different projects with lots of tasks without losing my mind. It even has a time tracker.
ProsI love the "bulletin board" interface option. Love the drag-n-drop status updates. Love the way it manages teams, files, projects. Love the ability to categorize & group. Actually, I love almost everything about this project.
ConsThere is NOTHING I don't like about this. It's like they crawled inside my head and designed the EXACT light project management tool I imagined.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a gem. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a piece of software since I stumbled onto Workflowy 5 years ago.
November 15, 2016
Tianna P.
Private Groups Consultant
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
November 21, 2018

“Use Freedcamp, it makes life so much easier!”

OverallI work for a tour company that has lots of regular departures and Freedcamp's business plan has been an excellent way for me to schedule and look after all of the operations tasks associated with each tour. Being able to create project templates with relative due dates makes my life so much easier. The best thing about Freedcamp is the level of customization that the projects can have. When I was searching for a project management software I found that so many other programs (such as Trello) didn't have all of the features I was looking for, and Freedcamp really ticks all of the boxes. Customer service is great as well, the team has been super responsive to all of my questions.
ProsLevel of customization for projects is awesome, integrates really well with Google calendar, Email-in is a fantastic feature. Freedcamp, in my opinion, can be used for anything that you want to keep organized.
ConsCRM functionality can be a little confusing at times, but good overall. Would be wonderful if some display elements on the Freedcamp calendar could be more customizable, such as showing the project/lead name at a glance for a task without hovering over it or clicking into it.
November 21, 2018
Allison G.
Marketing/Communications Strategist
June 9, 2016

“At a loss for words for how much I love this application”

OverallI LITERALLY have never had a piece of software work so flawlessly and create team integration as successfully as Freedcamp has done for my team. I cannot speak highly enough about this product. If you are looking for PM software, compare the features of Basecamp and Freedcamp. I think that you will find that there really is no comparison. Basecamp is $29/month but that is only for your team. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think many companies and organizations operate in a vacuum and don't use outside contractors or partner with other organizations. So... when you are ready to bring in additional contractors and clients, your price goes to $79/month. Both of these include 100gb of storage. Nice, but filled very quickly if you upload art and larger files. Each of the marketplace add-ons are on a trial basis and if they work for you, great. You can pay monthly or by the year. If they don't, don't use them and don't pay for them. I think any team could customize their Freedcamp setup to include every plugin and it would STILL be cheaper than Basecamp. In terms of Customer Service, Freedcamp is outstanding. They truly want the product to be the best it can be and respond to the customer as a valuable asset to making the product better. I have communicated many times with their Customer Service folks and stand amazed that they care so much about their product and those using it. As I have no experience with basecamp, I can't speak to their customer service. Finally, the add-ons have all been great (at least the ones we have used). My team's new favorite add-on is FileEdit, which is an online document editor. No downloading files to make minor corrections just to reupload it back. It's intuitive aspects like this that make me think that this is the best PM software available for time management and collaboration. I highly recommend Freedcamp to any team looking for better collaboration and communication. I think that you will love it!!
June 9, 2016
Aimee K.
Free Agent
June 14, 2018

“Better than Basecamp for a one-woman show like me!”

OverallFreedcamp helps me stay organized so I feel like I'm on top of my workload, instead of drowning in it!
ProsI've only been using Freedcamp for a few weeks, but I like it better than any other PM program I've used. Most are built for teams - and this one can certainly be used that way - but unlike the others, it works very, very well for a "solopreneur." I love that I can organize my work by client, but still get a holistic view of the work due for the days ahead. I also like that it's so easy to use that adding tasks doesn't feel like a task unto itself. Freedcamp is fitting very nicely into my workflow. Another benefit: like Basecamp, it emails out a daily snapshot, in case you're like me and view your email on your phone before you get to your desk. It's nice to see what's ahead for the day before I sit down for the daily grind. Honestly, this is so good, I can't believe it's free. And I've only scratched the surface of available features!
ConsI wish there was a setting that said I was on my own so I didn't have to remember to assign things to myself.

By Freedcamp on June 18, 2018
Hi Aimee, Thanks for your review! Things should be assigned to you automatically if you are the only person in a project. If this is not the case - please contact help@freedcamp.com and we will investigate and fix. Regards, Igor
June 14, 2018
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 13, 2019

“A practical solution for managing projects”

OverallIt doesn't disappoint. I've tried many project management tools, but seem to always find my way back to Freedcamp.
ProsBeyond being easy to use, it has a lot of practical and useful features. In particular, the time tracker, wiki, password vault, and issue tracker to name a few. I was able to simplify many of my processes by just using Freedcamp to manage large projects. Since I pay for the Enterprise plan, I'm able to brand the portal, which is fantastic!
ConsI wish there was an automated way to create a new project from a template via Zapier. I reached out to support who mentioned that I may have to pay to add such a feature because it is not on the roadmap. We'll see what happens. It isn't a deal breaker, just would help improve my process.
April 13, 2019
Telecommunications, Unspecified
June 25, 2018

“Hands down the best tool ever!”

ProsI'm a huge loyal fan of Freedcamp. When my business partner brought it up to me, I was all on board for something that was a mixture of Trello + Asana. I struggled with those platforms, but Freedcamp brought it all together and gave me the good stuff. I'm so thankful for how Freedcamp has helped our business grow. Upgrade...it is worth it!
ConsNone as when I upgraded it gave me everything I needed and more! The support has been amazing as well with figuring out the little things!
June 25, 2018
Charis S.
September 26, 2018

“Good for our team”

OverallFreedcamp has been an excellent choice for working with a geographically spread-out team, both in terms of functionality and cost. Our communications have improved, it is easy to see where a project is up to, and the integrations work well for us, in the main. Whenever I have had a (usually small) issue with anything in the system, Igor is always quick to respond and help get it sorted for me :).
ProsEasy to use, good choice of task views and usage, customer service is excellent. Several new features have been added since we started using Freedcamp, and each one has been a benefit and improvement.
ConsAnything that I haven't liked, or have wanted to improve, is listened to and usually implemented in some form, or is being worked on. The limitations we have come across are mostly to do with 3rd party integrations and are not the fault of Freedcamp itself.
September 26, 2018
11-50 employees
May 19, 2018

“Freedcamp is awesome project management software! ”

OverallFree use of software which has everything needs to project management tasks and teams.
ProsFreedcamp offers a huge amount of features and functionality within it's software including time tracking, password lockers along with the hugely effective and simply project management platform. Given alot of the main features are available on the free version it's an invaluable tool for any business, whether just starting out or a small team on a tight budget!
ConsWe had to stop using it as when enquiring about whether they were GDPR friendly they'd said at the time they were not going to be - might be a different story now.

By Freedcamp on May 28, 2018
Hi, We completed all steps to be GDPR compliant, update privacy policy and changed all workflows to be compliant. We are awaiting final approval for Privacy Shield Protection certification. Regards, Igor
May 19, 2018
Benny H.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use system”

OverallReally good software. They have spent a long time finding an easy to use system like this.
ProsAs a growing company we we find that freedcamp is still the best solution for us. It have a very easy to use interface and fit exactly our need as a developer team in software. We have been using the software for a few years now as a free user and now converting to a better plan.
ConsNot much to say. Just upgraded som might have requirements later. For now I am happy :)
Pershanthen M.
Product Developer
February 12, 2018

“I started using Freedcamp from Campus and its such a good project management tool ”

OverallReally fun and easy to use project management tool
ProsI started using Freedcamp when i was in college. I was exposed to various project management tools but I found that freed cam was the best, really easy to use and also make project management fun.
ConsNot many cons to this software, It simply amazing. I hope the support for this can improve as well as they should take ideas from the community and that should help boost the software
February 12, 2018
February 12, 2019

“Powerful, Affordable, Comprehensive”

OverallLove it. I used Basecamp for a while, and Freedcamp is better IMO. I submitted a feature request one time and the owner engaged me in more conversation about why I wanted that feature. That is the only time that has ever happened!
ProsIncredible base set of features So many integrations Flexible and affordable plan options Amazing Support
Consthere were a few problems I had early on, but they were fixed within a few updates.
February 12, 2019
Evangeline G.
Director of Marketing and IT
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
November 13, 2018

“Best project management tool for your wallet”

OverallI depend on Freedcamp every day! I don't have a backup solution at this level of feature set and pricing. Their new iOS app is coming along. I hope they come up with a tablet/ipad version. I think there would be real power in using that over the smartphone.
ProsFreedcamp can do a lot! I use it for: - managing tasks and projects - housing my internal knowledge base (wiki) - storing important files - communicating with teammates The sub-folders are great. I'm looking forward to their tagging feature that they are planning on releasing this quarter.
ConsI would like it to let me convert a task into a wiki and keep all of the attached files with it. Right now, I would have to manually create a wiki page and re-upload everything, which is time consuming and so I haven't actually taking on this task. I've yet to take advantage of their other features: CRM - If this were integrated with 3rd parties, it would be immediately useful Time tracking - I use a 3rd party so that I can keep track on a macro level, not down to the project or task level. Passwords - Not sure how robust and secure this is.
November 13, 2018
Cesar A S.
Analista
April 5, 2018

“A lot of options to manage your project”

OverallThe most complete free tool to manage and monitoring your projects.
ProsIt is very complete, because besides the normal tools of a free project tool like Gantt Chart and calendar, you can also manage milestones, discussions, a wiki tool, a wall and my favorite the issue tracker, that allows you to search and speficic task to modify or add information, I think that Freedcamp is one the best free option to work in projects.
ConsYou need people very engage to work with you in this kind of app, because it demands a lot of time and responsability, and if you do not work with the right people you have to know that the app will not do the work for you, because it is only a help.

By Freedcamp on April 6, 2018
Thanks for a very inspiring review!
April 5, 2018
Drew A.
Designer / Developer
October 26, 2017

“Great platform. Keeps all of my projects organized and team members on the same page.”

ProsEverything. I like how all my tasks are in one spot, I can go back and look to see what design decisions were made weeks ago in the discussions module, AND the time tracker has made my life so much easier.
ConsWell, on a few projects I've had to link in the client for notes and discussion and they haven't really taken to the platform or even tried to learn it. Which is kind of a pain and definitely their problem.

By Freedcamp on October 27, 2017
Hi Drew, I would suggest to sign up for those clients and subscribe them to a minimum of discussions and try to teach them that they can reply to Freedcamp notifications to post a comment when you need their feedback. They can even attach files to those replies - they will be also parsed and attached to comments they emailed to Freedcamp. Cheers, Igor
October 26, 2017
Cleber S.
Designer
Design, 11-50 employees
August 11, 2017

“Very organized project management software”

OverallIt helps me keep track of pendent tasks and information on simultaneous projects that I work on. As a graphic and web designer, I use it to organize and prioritize my tasks and to register the information that needs to be at hands for each project.
ProsIt is very easy to use and to adapt to an existing workflow. Information is organized concisely and clearly along the interface, something that doesn't seem to happen in simliar tools.
ConsIt lacks some features (that seems to be in current development) like an API for integration with other applications and custom status for tasks.
Emanuel A.
December 31, 2015

“Simple & powerfull! ”

OverallI was looking for a project management tool for my team. Here is my list of requirements: Usability so new users can quickly start using the tool Speed (actual speed in browser) Terms & Conditions Intuitive and clean user interface Tasks with comments with media (adding screenshots, videos, etc) Task progress (not started, in progress, done) Tasks easily assigned to other user User restrictions General discussion forum Time tracking/due dates Milestones Calendar View The tools I tested: Freedcamp Basecamp Jira (Atlassian) Asana Trello AgileZen Teamwork.com Kabana Flow Pivotal Tracker Reedboth Podio Zoho Wrike Conclusions and selection I made: Most of the tools are just way too complicated or too simple. The only thing I am missing with Freedcamp ist Time-Tracking/Progress/Gantt Charts for Projects. But far more important for me is, and that is also why I have been using it for my own projects, that you instantly have a great overview of your tasks. It´s just clean and I never get confused what I have to do, what has been done etc. I am an artist and I hate complicated stuff. But since I also need to do some management I need to be able to go in depth a bit more. What I can do in Freedcamp if I want to, but I don´t have to do it. I heard a lot of good things about Basecamp but it does not stand a chance against Freedcamp. Basecamp is very chaotic and does not have a clean UI. And I love the Kanban view of the tasks in Freedcamp. Hope that helps :)
December 31, 2015
Benjamin M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
July 8, 2019

“Yup, totally free”

OverallI hate planning and am often forgetful but Freedcamp makes me look like a ninja and very organized haha best of all worlds.. PROTIP: get your interns to upload all your project plans and deadlines then you get all the reminders and keep up to date with all your projects. You're welcome
ProsThe price and functionality! They deserve a 5-star review, no joke. I use this for my personal to-do lists and project planning at work. Its got a free mobile app too.. IOS and Android. You can do a lot of stuff with it, add team members, get reminders etc.. all you need. Legit platform!
ConsIt's pretty diverse and I don't like using manuals so it took a few days to get the hang of all the features
July 8, 2019
Sasha-Shae W.
CEO and Visual Design Strategist
Design, Self-employed
August 22, 2018

“Great for project management”

ProsFreedcamp makes it simple to add a project, list out tasks and sub-tasks, and keep updated on project process
ConsYou can't assign tasks to private groups or make them hidden from specific people, which is a bummer since it would be nice to differentiate what tasks are for an internal team as opposed to a guest/contributor/client
August 22, 2018
Cleber S.
Designer
September 28, 2015

“Awesome! But I could use an API”

OverallCongrats for your product. I'm just starting to use it in the company i work at, but I can already tell it's going to make our processes a lot easier. Pros: Simplicity, Extensibility and ease-of-use. The tool is very easy to use: To'dos are quick to create and to work on (marking as in progress or complete); The tagging feature is very useful for assigning tasks. And the basic structure for projects can always be complemented by the modules. Cons: Besides the Gantt chart and the percentage of progress in tasks (which already seem to be in freedcamp's list), here are some features I've been missing: 1. I would really like to have an API to create, assign and create To'dos as I'm trying to implement chatOps on my team. We at the company have a hubot running on skype, and an API would make it possible for our bot to poll information about tasks to complete and to simply mark completed tasks. 2. Time tracking at the company has always been kind of an issue, and I would like to see the time-tracking feature more seamlessly integrated to the to'dos. The time could be tracked from the moment someone marks a task as in progress to the moment it's completed. 3. Maybe I haven't searched in the right places, but I couldn't find a way to assign a task to a group of members. 4. More integration with Google Drive: A tab for editing sheets right from freedcamp would completetely fulfill our needs for project management. It's a feature we certainly would pay for! :) Anyway, the tool you guys developed is awesome! Thanks!
September 28, 2015
August 28, 2018

“Very structured, great functionality, very high value for money, great Customer service”

OverallHelps me and my colleagues to manage 30+ projects in parallel with ease, is a great project archive / "memory" and very inuitive to use -> little to no onboarding time needed for new users
ProsSee above :) Plus ease of use, a slick UI and a very thought-trough incremental improvement process of functionality usefull to all users.
ConsIt would be great if GANTT chart functionality would be part of the "Freelancer" plan already (but that is more a personal wish, not a problem with the service per se).
August 28, 2018
Sebastian S.
Web Assistant
November 3, 2015

“Great experience with Freedcamp for three years!”

OverallI heard about Freedcamp through an online workshop on social media three years ago. During that time, I started getting struggled with assigning tanslation tasks via emails to our translators who worked remotely. It was a new phase for the Chinese language public website of the UN Human Rights Office (OHCHR). We started to translate news releases and statements from English to Chinese on a daily basis. We desperately needed a new tool to work efficiently. It was such a relief when I learned about the functions of this free online managment platform. Freedcamp was simple but versatile, accessible in countries behind firewalls. I told myself, we could certainly adopt it for our translation tasks. Then I registered and invited our translators to give it a try. It has been three years, Freedcamp has never disappointed us. The team behind it kept adding new functions, improved its interface, upgrading its server. We feel prvilaged to be able to witnessed all these improvements. We can't imagine a day without it! And it is so user-friendly, our translators just mastered it right away without any special training. We hardly had any technical issue with the Freecamp. What amazes me is that Igor (CTO Freedcamp) and his team are always there for us. They constantly provide solutions to accomedate our needs without asking anything for return. I believe it demonstrates the strong social responsiblity of the Freedcamp which offers its generous support to people like us who work for improving our society.
November 3, 2015
Angela B.
Owner/Makeup Artist
July 23, 2018

“This has been the easiest and most effective project management platform to implement”

OverallIt is a great tool to manage different types of projects without a lot of complication. The interface is fairly simple and the free plan has unlimited projects and users. I work with a lot of creatives that honestly hate any type of "office software" but they actually like this program!
ProsFreedcamp has an all free version that is very feature rich. Unlimited users and projects make it a no brainer for someone that needs simple, yet effective project management. I had looked at several others and really loved Bitrix24 BUT the training time for Bitrix was insane for other people and overly complicated. Freedcamp is something I can use with anyone that doesn't have any "project management software" experience and can stay on track. My team was VERY happy with this choice.
ConsThere really aren't a lot of cons about the software. I do wish that it had a Gmail function (much like Wrike) that you could easily add emails into a project. Other than that its pretty awesome.
July 23, 2018
April 20, 2018

“Best collaboration software I have used.”

OverallI like that we have our project management, collaboration and calendaring tools in one place. Additionally, with their wiki tool, we can move our process documentation and eliminate the additional cost of the process management app we were paying for.
ProsI like that it is structured like true project management software hierachy - projects, tasks and subtasks, yet you have the option of different views - task list, kanban and Gantt.
ConsThey have a free forever plan, but found it necessary to upgrade to a paid plan to get the features we wanted, despite having a very small number of users. Wish the plans were based more on users vs. features.
April 20, 2018
Belinda S.
November 7, 2017

“Working with Clients is Easier with FreedCamp”

OverallFreedcamp is cloud-based and lets me work with clients who live anywhere in the world. For many connections, it eliminates the need to use email or dropbox when sharing project information and I like the ability to have conversations where the comments are contained in one place for further reference. It was not too difficult to set up and seems fairly intuitive for most clients who are already familiar with the internet. The price, at free, is rather unbelievable and a real help to small shops and studios.
ProsThe program is easy to learn, provides quite a bit of storage for free and allows clients to have access to the project process with milestones, deadlines, assigned tasks and the ability to upload documents to the project. It also sends notifications when new information is added, making it easy to keep up with client requests. For people new to project management software, this is a good program to get started with. There are a lot of tutorials for the program, which I find very helpful.
ConsIt has been a little complicated for a few of my clients to understand how to use right out of the gate. This is probably something I will have to create a short tutorial video to solve.
November 7, 2017
George O.
District Executive
Non-Profit Organization Management, 5001-10,000 employees
November 1, 2016

“Business Altering Software”

OverallI'm a District Executive for the Boy Scouts and we work over 60 hours per week with hundreds of volunteers to oversee and thousands of youth in our programs: Freedcamp is the only thing I've found that makes doing my job fully possible. This is a complete game changer and what other company sends you the CEO's and CIO's business email for follow up on issues? Anytime I've sent either one an email - I get incredibly quick responses. Believe the reviews - these guys are the best and the product will redefine your business productivity.
November 1, 2016
Lisa M.
Board Member/Project Manager
June 3, 2016

“The best project management software for both basic and experienced users”

OverallI use Freedcamp to manage our many community projects. With one board member attending an AGM meeting today and another board member attending a school event tonight, the rest of the board is kept up to date on each of these events quickly and efficiently. Our old method was to email back and forth with long messages and many attachments. Now, using the Discussion forum and Files on Freedcamp, members can gather all their information in one place. And, we don't have to wait for the monthly meeting to discuss. Members can upload/read day or night. PRO: This software is so simple, even a senior can use it. JK. :) There are older, less tech-savvy individuals who find this software quite enjoyable. The layout is clean and not overly decorated and fancy. We don't need distractions when working on projects. This is perfect. CON: I would love to have a "view only" option for some of our members. Some of our volunteers don't need to contribute to the discussion; they only need to view the status of the project. Even at the most basic permissions level, anyone can contribute which can be messy and dangerous when you have a very large team. Overall, this is the best free software I have found. I've tried most of the competitors' software and found a function or two lacking. Freedcamp not only has the best online software, their customer service is superb. All of my emails to CS were answered within a day.
June 3, 2016
Ruth M.
Consultant
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

“Enjoying Freedcamp”

ProsFreedcamp is a highly intuitive timeline program. I looked into using Freedcamp as a potential solution for a complicated project with a number of people and moving parts. It has proved such an asset to my work that I have now added a second project and will be using for all of my consulting work. A plus is the time and invoice feature. Use Freedcamp - you cannot go wrong.
ConsI would like to be able to print directly from Freedcamp - I do not believe that there is a way to do that, yet.
Katarina A.
Student
April 16, 2018

“This is an excellent project management/ collaboration tool- it does everything I need”

ProsIt is easy to use and intuitive. The file sharing is really valuable; you can set up your own project repository and use version control. The project lists and tasks are easy to setup and it's easy to upload or download project plans and they can be tied to a milestone.Select between list view and kanban view- which gives a quick overview of current status. Discussion page for team members is also very handy. Another great help is time tracking which can be tied to a specific task.
ConsThe only negative I have found is that you can only assign one team member to a task, or the whole team. The only way to get around that is to duplicate tasks. Also- it would be great with a function that duplicate tasks.

By Freedcamp on April 18, 2018
Hi Katarina, Thanks for reviewing Freedcamp! We already launched Task Copy function - https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/03/23/duplicating-and-copy-task/ Regards, Igor
April 16, 2018
Banking, Unspecified
October 13, 2017

“Freedcamp has provided my team and I with a free way to organize projects and tasks”

ProsThe UX is very intuitive, slick, and easy to use. The ability to set up projects in a flash and then assign different tasks to different team members quickly has been very helpful.
ConsTheir mobile apps are not the best int he business, as in, I have seen better. We typically use the web interface though, so no worries there.

By Freedcamp on October 16, 2017
Thanks!
October 13, 2017
Ilcho V.
November 4, 2016

“Best-in-class and all-in-one creative market project / time / tasks SaaS solution!”

OverallYes, these guys made a great job... I'm very proud to use their product for our productive team. Thank you, guys. We appreciate it. Go on...
ProsThis is simple and easy to use all-in-one solution for our daily work on huge tons of projects / time tracking / chat / tasks.
ConsNo, I have not any issue.
Recommendations to other buyersWe are strongly recommend this project management solution for any development and creative work teams.
November 4, 2016
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
January 14, 2019

“Freedcamp is a great project tracker”

ProsI love that this software is online, easily accessible for team, easy to view open tasks, easy to include as much information as you need on each task (notes, attachments, etc). I love the flexibility of being able to see tasks as a list or on cards. Great product.
ConsWhen I'm undocked and using wifi, sometimes entering a new task gets a bit glitchy. The button to submit the task isn't visible unless I expand the view. But that may be our system.
January 14, 2019
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“All in one collaboration and project management portal and Brilliant team”

OverallVery happy to be a customer for this promising tool.
Pros* I can create different spaces for the various aspects of my projects. * Friendly user interface. * Good robust features. * Brilliant support from team.
Cons* Some tools are being improved upon. * In some screens, I feel the interface can be simplified a bit.
January 9, 2019
Re C.
January 26, 2018

“Simply the best. Better than all the rest.”

ProsI have been designing websites for clients for almost 10 years now. In that time, I've tried (or been forced to use) Basecamp, Trello Business Class, Wrike, Teamwork, Harvest, Jira, Feng Office and a smattering of other solutions. On DAY 1 of my trial with Freedcamp, I knew I was going to subscribe. Freedcamp had everything I needed to shift my business' workflow and get my team on the same page, in one platform, including encryped password storage, a wiki, bug tracker, integration with Google Drive, and Calendar... this app is a home run!
ConsThe mobile app should have the ability to track time and I would like to be able to assign tasks to Guest users so clients can have limited access to their project but still receive notifications of new tasks that they might need to act on.
Osa L.
Marketing
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 5, 2018

“Get a free project management software”

OverallGood option
ProsIf you haven't heard of Basecamp, then you haven't really thought about project management software. Basecamp is one of the most known and most talked about project management software. Freedcamp is the free alternative to basecamp. They are currently working on the phone applications, but the website does all the things you need a project management software to do- and of course it's FREE.
ConsWell it's free, some of the options are limited. But the paid options can supplement
August 5, 2018