Orchid Spa Software Ratings

Overall

About Orchid Spa Software

Orchid Spa Software is a HIPAA-compliant, easy to use business management solution for wellness centers, medical spas, day spas, skin clinics... Supported on Window PCs, full cloud deployments, iOS and Android tablets & phones. Orchid tracks all of your appointments, staff, clients, services, payroll, inventory, business metrics and much more. Store before and after photos, setup recurring marketing campaigns and use text messages to send appointment reminders and receive client confirmations. Learn more about Orchid Spa Software

Malorie G.
FDR/Manager
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 11, 2019

“They were amazing”

OverallOverall we thoroughly have enjoyed Orchid. I am really hoping they can fix the situation with the detailed reporting and we can get back with them, because right now, we are back at square one in our searching for software. I really enjoyed their software, having it all set up properly, learning all the ways to use it, and the training was impeccable. Hands down, they have an amazing team of customer service reps who go out of their way to accommodate you with excellent service and care. The software is easy to understand and use and so is the app. and just a beautiful technique overall in the setup. I really thought we had a winner there. Come on Orchid!!! Fix that reporting method! Other than that, excellent job guys!
ProsI absolutely enjoyed everything and the ease of using it and implementing the software into our business. I even loved having an Orchid service friend (I call him a friend haha) on speed dial. I could just call and go straight to his desk and ask him questions, or email the support team anytime without bugging them.
ConsUnfortunately 2 things & 1 of those 2 was the ultimate deal breaker as we did have them up & running until coming to this sad problem. The first thing was, their app couldn't notify the employees when a client gets checked in. What I mean by that is similar to a text message, if our nurse practitioner is with a patient & her next pt arrives, said pt is now checked in, app will notify FNP & whatever ringer she has it on- will ring, in which case it should vibrate. Their app is not able to do that, but you know what it's not a big deal. We were spoiled for many yrs with that feature & we will learn to get over that moving fwd. The one that broke my heart was not being able to break down services in the reports by groups for a month & by the day by detail. We have staff meetings & we initially use the breakdown to go over what we have done for the entire month. Also, we use the detailed practical breakdown for revenue & cost. For instance, a Group: >Aesthetics- under that would be >facials- under that would be type of facials for that month. So say 1. basic facials: we did X amount of those for X amount of $$ 2. hydrafacials: we did X amount of those for X amount of $$. So now we take that breakdown & see what cost goes to payroll, what cost goes to profit, & what cost goes towards product. They cannot provide that report in such high detail right now, unfortunately. We had to cancel with them for now.
May 11, 2019
Arshia R.
Head of IT
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2016

“Amazing service!”

OverallThe reps were very professional and helped me with my problem. It was obvious they weren't forced to follow a script which allowed them to better help me with my problem. They both always had suggestions for me to help me fix my problem, but I also never felt as if I was being talked down to which is a problem I noticed on a lot of other live chat services. Overall this has been the best customer support experience I have had in a while.
ProsEasy to use live chat system with VERY competent reps.
ConsSystem timed out too fast so I wasn't able to stay with the same rep (which is a non-problem since everyone is professional and it seems the prior chat logs are visible).
Recommendations to other buyersGive the users the ability to send files (pictures, logs, etc) and allow them to pickup the chat at any computer since I had to bounce to 4 different computers along with this one to do all the diagnostics.
September 6, 2016
Valerie M.
Clinic Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“Best Salon Software ”

OverallBeen a user for over 10 years. They are by far the best.
ProsSo easy to use because it is windows based.
ConsWish they had a Canadian Integrated Credit card system.

By DaySmart Software on July 17, 2019
Valerie, Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Orchid Medical Spa Software. We are working diligently with our partners and hope to bring integrated credit card payments to our Canadian customers late this summer. We do want to apologize for this delay - we know the value of integrating payments with your business software, and can't wait to bring these efficiencies to more of our customers.
July 16, 2019
Kristin F.
General Manager
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2019

“We love Orchid but it is missing some features”

OverallGood, I would like to see faster development of new and useful features, maybe an email sent out when and update is made to list the changes or new features in that update.
ProsWe love how Orchid lets us customize just about everything! The booking and check out process is very easy and the whole program is easy for new staff to learn.
ConsThat it is not web-based and not set up from multiple locations to share the same client, staff and services database, you have to re-enter clients, staff and services for every single location's database. And that the email and text features are very limited in communicating via 2-way text or having more appointment reminder text options as well as email marketing... would be great to have a leads database where if people fill out their info on our site that the data is captured into orchid as a lead and when they come in for service they turn into a client. Marketing to leads vs clients would be a nice feature. Also would love a add holidays we are closed to the scheduling feature so when doing recurring schedules for Staff they are not scheduled on holidays automatically.
April 10, 2019
Taylor G.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2017

“A+ Customer Service”

OverallEasy to use software with great customer support when needed. We've had Orchid for over 2 years, and we've been extremely pleased.
ProsThe customer support when needed is always fantastic. Software is extremely user friendly.
ConsIt doesn't integrate with many other types of software (like loyalty programs).
February 22, 2017
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
October 6, 2018

“Great value for the price”

OverallWe use Orchid in the medical spa that I work at on the daily for scheduling clients, sending reminder texts and managing our customer database. I love the integration of the reminder texts being sent out through the software. Taking payments through Orchid is also a smooth process.
ProsThere are so many user-friendly features that make this software the standard for medical spas.
ConsUpdates bring advanced features that sometimes requre new training.
October 6, 2018
Rosalina D.
Front Office Manager
June 1, 2017

“Amazing, Spectacular and very helpful”

ProsWe have been using Orchid for almost 11 years and have found it to be very easy to use. Plus I have had some amazing help by our rep. He truly has been a delight to work with.
June 1, 2017
Rana J.
March 19, 2019

“Lost 5 years of work because of this software!! ”

OverallSupport is somewhat easy to get to but they ALWAYS have some kind of issue!!! Way too expensive for what they offer!!
ProsSupport people were friendly and "tried" to do their best.
ConsThey always had something go wrong and would then need support which took time from actual work!

By DaySmart Software on April 1, 2019
In reviewing your Support calls, I see that on March 12, you experienced a power surge which disabled your server computer. Obviously, the data becomes inaccessible when the computer will not boot. You were not making backups on an external system, as we advised. We suggested you take the PC to a local tech and they were able to recover the data on March 20. I can understand that you're upset, but we spent hours on the phone with you during these events. Protecting your hardware against power surges and making regular backups of critical business data to an external drive or the cloud is the responsibility of every business. It's unclear how either of these things is the fault of the company that made the business software.
March 19, 2019
Lee C.
Physician
December 15, 2013

“Remote access to clinical info is not possible.”

OverallI am a Plastic Surgeon and I moved my office 4-1-2013 to a larger space and added a new Med Sap. I purchased this software for my Medi-Spa. I run my surgical side on Nextech but bought this software as Nextech's spa module is expensive (~$7,000) It was advertised and we were told by the sales person that we could use i Pads from the treatment rooms to access the software. Well, you can, but you can only retrieve the patient demographics. The clinical notes from past appointments/treatments are not accessible. When we called for tech support we were told access to the clinical data was not possible and that they didn't know when that feature would be available but that "it might happen sometime". Great, that helped a lot. This was the first we had heard of this. Thus, if you have a paperless office/spa, you will have to put a desktop or laptop in every treatment room and pay for a license for each of these additional computers or the software is useless. In my case that was an additional $5000 for 6 computers. To make matters worse, we ordered this software in March 2013 as we were opening our med spa in June. The sales person insisted we order asap when we contacted him because we were told it took 6-8 weeks to for delivery. So, we ordered and magically we had the software in 3 days. I opened the spa in June and ran Groupons and Living Social deals in July to get things going. As we got traffic in the spa we quickly realized we couldn't access the clinical data. After we discovered this problem we called the company for a return and refund. We were told that since it was more than 30 days after the purchase date a return/refund was not allowed. I explained that I hadn't even purchased the i Pad's until June and hadn't really even used the program until July and his response was effectively "too bad". The owner of the company told me to sell it on e Bay. Nice. The program is effectively a $3500 scheduler. A complete waste of money. Learn from our misfortune.
December 15, 2013
Scherazade H.
Director of Operations
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Needs major updating to be current with todays uses”

OverallUnfortunately, quite often my staff knows the software better than there customer service people. Its outdated and there are many other softwares that are better. Because of the interface, it is difficult to switch which is why it has taken so long.
ProsEasy to use scheduling for a small company
ConsAfter 8 years of not having small tweaks addressed in their updates, we have been left no choice but to seek different software. Major updates arn't sent in advance with explanation of changes. Changes haven't even been beneficial from what we can tell.
April 19, 2019
Jennifer Y.
Dental Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2019

“Simple and easy to use!”

ProsThe pricing is very affordable and a free trial is available which is helpful to test it out and see if its the right fit! Our clients have commented on how they enjoy the reminders which are available in both text and email. Confirmations are done quick and easy making more time for front end staff. It also has a mobile app available which is handy for on the go, I'm not stuck to a computer. Customer support is most excellent when in need.
ConsEverything works perfectly for our business.
March 29, 2019
Kim P.
April 12, 2019

“Orchid Medical Software review”

Overall3 out of 5
Proseasy to use, scheduling tool is nice and easy
Consreports are basic and do not allow you to really drill down into basics of your customer procedures. It's also difficult to gain insight into your top selling services and matching customer data. Another example is if you want to call customers who are due for a procedure it's very complicated to get that information
April 12, 2019
Karla M.
February 25, 2017

“Highly recommend ”

OverallWe looked at MANY software options for our medspa, and even tried out several. We feel very confident in our choice of Orchid. The software is pretty intuitive and not overly complex as some of the others we looked at on the market. It is easily customizable once you learn the system, and we love the mobile interface. I wish it were truly an all-in-one for us, but we had to add Quickbooks, which is a little complicated. Having said all of this, you will not find better customer service in the industry. Their team is always available (if you must leave a message it is promptly returned), helpful and friendly. There really is no 'dumb' question for their team, and they go the extra step to take the time to offer tips to help you fully utilize everything this powerful software program has to offer. We are VERY happy we chose Orchid and always recommend it to others!
February 25, 2017
Meagan W.
Marketing Director
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 31, 2017

“We are not impressed”

OverallWe have had Orchid support staff tell us three or four different stories on how to adequately refund clients when they are overcharged. that is just one example of this non-user friendly software. We are looking elsewhere. I can't believe its rated so high here...
ProsWe aren't impressed
ConsPoor package creation, poor customer service, difficult to track deals and previously purchased packages, poor refund ability.
March 31, 2017
richard c.
December 8, 2016

“Orchid makes it easy so that anyone can manage the front end of my spa”

OverallWe had actually purchased another software package orginally. The constantly bombarded us with phone calls and we had to have certain internet and modem requirements and the worse part is they had 3 mandatory training for staff and set up. Annoying! I have no time for this, software is supposed to be simple and work. A friend who worked at another spa recommended orchid software and it was super easy, affordable and anyone with zero training on it can answer the phone and make appointments and work the pos portion of the retail business. Very nice customer support and follow up. They make it very easy to get questions asked and genuinely care about their customers and ease of use. Thank you R. Coleman
December 8, 2016
Jessica G.
August 13, 2015

“Why we love Orchid Medical Software”

OverallWe have worked with Orchid Medical Software for over 5 years now. I can say, having been in the industry for over 12 years, that this is the BEST software company I have worked with. The program is user friendly, and has worked synergistically with our practice's continued growth. Getting through to customer service is always easy, and Ryan is the best! He is a great listener and consistently makes recommendations that continually work with our practice's immediate needs. I always cross my fingers that I get Ryan when I call in!
August 13, 2015
Jeanna M.
July 15, 2015

“new medial aesthetic office opened a few months ago”

OverallAll of the customer service reps I have delt with since initiating this software have been very helpful. Today David was most helpful in uploading Orchid to an additional office laptop and ensured all was functioning properly along with having a very pleasing manner. It was a pleasure having him assist me today!
July 15, 2015
Mary S.

“No hassle scheduling!”

OverallIt took a little getting used to for me, as I am used to 'just pencil me in' but this software has made the scheduling aspect of our company so much easier! And the customer service is wonderful! They are always willing to help and take the time to explain things in a way that even I can understand!
Rosa R.
April 20, 2015

“Orchid is an awesome product.”

OverallWe just started using Orchid and we absolutely love it. Tech support is very helpful. The program is very user friendly. Anything you need to know is just a phone call away. The only reason I gave 4 stars on customer service is because of the long hold times. Otherwise it's GREAT!
April 20, 2015
Lee-Ann F.
March 30, 2017

“Orchid - a five star spa program”

OverallOrchid is a must for any spa business. It is easy to use, understand and keeps the esthetician and the spa organized and efficient. The technical support was excellent!
March 30, 2017
maha h.
March 14, 2017

“Awesome and easy application”

OverallVery Easy and helpful, very care and nice costumer support. Fast software and great quality. reminder for clients with text messages is great options.
March 14, 2017
Janiece M.
Admin
December 9, 2015

“Huge amount of issues with the marketing program”

OverallI spoke with Pat S today to help with a huge marketing issue and he has been the first and only person that has been able to walk me completely through what some of the issues could have been. I'm still very concerned about how the marketing process will work properly tomorrow. The marketing program is not the most friendliest to work with. Huge Thank you to Pat for his help. It would be helpful to be able to speak with the same person on one issue each time so that they are familiar with the issue as well.
December 9, 2015
Cherie P.
General Manager
April 27, 2015

“This software has so much capability and we are constantly learning!”

OverallI like how responsive the technical support people are. They have walked me through step by step to help resolve any questions that I have. Thank you
April 27, 2015
Stacey K.
June 26, 2015

“Orchid software has helped manage the medical spa I work at.”

OverallSince getting Orchid at my work, it has made managing our clients so much easier. I would recommend this software to anyone!
Nate K.

“Great Customer Service”

OverallThe produce sold itself. The customer service made this deal even better. Thanks for the great product and amazing staff.
M B.
May 4, 2015

“amazing and easy”

OverallThe best medical spa software available. Easy to use, fantastic customer service and extremely versatile.
May 4, 2015
Ivy S.
Spa Manager
August 13, 2014

“Do not buy this software.”

OverallPurchased this software. The training was not adequate. The software was inferior. When I asked for a refund, the customer service person was rude and suggested the software had to be returned within 30 days of purchasing for a refund however, the sales person advised me to buy it 90 days prior to opening the business. The company basically took the money and ran. I advise you to do your research and proceed with caution with this company/software.
August 13, 2014

December 14, 2018
Janine J.
Clinical Director
June 2, 2017

“Customer support is great!”

ProsThe fact that I can do so many things with the software is great. The functionality is very robust!
ConsThere are some things that I can't do so I will need to figure out how to make what you have work with what I need.
June 2, 2017
Dustin J.
July 14, 2015

“Great scheduling program!”

OverallGreat simple scheduling tool to track my client information and notes! Highly recommend it!
July 14, 2015
Irene T.
May 11, 2015

“Great software!”

OverallIt is very easy to use and it helps keep the business efficient and organized
May 11, 2015
Andrew D.
June 26, 2015

“One stop shop for everything”

OverallYou will not be disappointed with this software.
Molly L.

“Great Product”

OverallHelps organize and maintain order
Steve S.

“very manageable ”

OverallEasy to navigate and great system.
Doris P.
Service Director
February 4, 2016

“It was great ”

OverallThe support staff was very helpful and very patient with me... Sense I didn't know what I was doing.. I am grateful... Thank you
February 4, 2016