PlanPlus CRM Ratings

Overall

About PlanPlus CRM

Organize, Prioritize, and Automate your business with PlanPlus Business Edition. Online Business CRM makes it easy to manage customers, contacts, sales opportunities, leads, marketing campaigns, projects, documents, individual and group calendaring, task management, planning and goal setting. This CRM has one of the best task management systems featuring the A-B-C-1-2-3 Franklin methodology. Learn more about PlanPlus CRM

Rosemary M.
Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2017

“PPO transforms your company, your team and reignites productivity-Seriously!”

OverallIncredible client services! Continues beyond a service purchase. Company managers - Over the past 15 years, our company has gradually bought into six separate software programs to handle operations. Our recent reorganization demanded a total revamp of the way we conduct business. Our employees spent endless unproductive hours capturing info in the different programs. The PPO program is a robust program that can handle everything in a very logical manner. Plan, prioritize, profile, schedule, sales, marketing, event planning, projects and adapt to social media feeds and tracking in a very unique way thanks to the Franklin Covey component. Company teams- Millennials-don't let the Franklin Covey name mislead you think this is an older professionals software program. Unleashing the power of all the built-in components intuitively put everything in the proper prospective-FAST so you can move onto your other life roles while remaining in the same program.
ProsEverything is in one place. The software binds people and technology together. Company team is on the same track and aware of how their responsibilities are critical to the financial success for the company. The PPO team is constantly adapting their software to the needs of their clients for ease of use. The learning curve is shortened by a convenient "Walk me through" box that guides you through the system. Need more info - over 200 short videos available 24/7. Help eliminate managers time with team questions "how do I"? The Franklin Covey planning integration is the key component that totally launches the software above the competitors. The new Focus and Compass features give rhyme and reason to team responsibilities. The built in Role feature allows the user to assimilate life roles into their business roles for the ultimate experience.
ConsAt a glance the program seems simple to use the new interface is clean; however the hidden strength relies on the user's commitment to understand the process system of personal planning and how it relates to sales and marketing. In order to maximize the talent of the software, users must dedicate time upfront for full comprehension and the importance of their individual input and relationship to the overall productivity of other users. To comment on the cons, I would have to put the onus of responsibility on the user not the software.
Recommendations to other buyersWe were fortunate to work directly with a great implementation team Brandon Stromberg, Productivity Coach/ Business Sales Manager, Sage Agbonkhese, Business Analyst, Zack Luburgh (excellent webinar presenter) and Heather, the software wizard. They are extremely competent in their work roles. That being said, it is the team that makes PPO such an incredible tool. Before judging the software, make sure that you have a clear vision of expectations. These people are not expected to be mind-readers. In the case of our company, it only made sense that we did the majority of the leg work with custom fields, etc rather than putting them through loops where they would not understand the nature of our business. PPO is constantly tweaking the software. They encourage feedback regarding functionality. As with any program, remember the onus of utilization of the program is totally dependent on the information you input and the time you take to prepare to embark on a new program will determine your respect for PPO, reduce frustration and anxiety associated with change.
February 13, 2017
Claudia S.
Registered Nurse and Business Owner/entrepreneur
August 17, 2016

“Empower yourself to perform at your best & bring your team with you.”

ProsI enjoyed my paper Franklin Covey planner for years but finally went away from it due to its size and using online calendars. Now I have the empowerment of that effective organizing/planning tool online at a reasonable cost. Plan Plus Online allows me more breadth, depth, and detail for planning/prioritizing than any other tool ever has and I have tried many. Plan Plus allows me to integrate my mission with the people and tasks that are most important to me as well as the routine duties of everyday life & work. A Franklin Planner system supports managers tracking conversations and the status of delegated projects easily which in turn helps make evaluations meaningful and timely since the data gathering is already done for you. I am 62 yo and not very adept when it comes to computers and yet the mechanics of this software seem logical and easy to use. It is now very affordable as well. The Plan Plus Online representative, Zach, took the time to link my Apple, Outlook and Google calendars so they all see the same items on my iMac, iPad, iPhone and work PC. He then went through the functionality of the software with me and answered all my questions. >>Great software and >>Great Representative. I could not be more pleased.
ConsThe online Plan Plus used to be too expensive to justify an 'everyday' human paying for the benefits but it is affordable now and worth every cent. I am no longer in management but I will use the Plan Plus Online in my current job as a preoperative telephone triage nurse following up on the needs of patients (and their multiple appointments, physicians and test results) as well as an entrepreneur starting my own small business on the side.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen I tried to find planners online to replace my paper Franklin Covey planner I failed because they all seemed to address a small segment of the whole:long term goals/tasks/calendars/contacts etc. To compare online planners there needs to be several components considered and weighed by the evaluator. A good planner must help the purchaser integrate: daily actions needed to reach long term goals; actions required to meet the needs of important people in every facet of their customer's life as well as actions demanded by the urgent, non-urgent, and undesirable (but necessary) activities of everyday life. A good planner must integrate needed actions from all facets of life. Focusing on just one segment of life is an injustice to the customer.
August 17, 2016
Tommy M.
August 22, 2011

OverallAs a contact management software, Plan Plus Online has enabled our management staff to collect, organize, and safely store all of our client's and/or business associate's contact information in one convenient database. As our contact list continually builds, all of our past clients/contacts are easily accessed and all past e-mails, conversations, appointments and follow ups are detailed and attached. This function has enabled our staff to greatly improve our client/customer relationships by addressing each contact based on their specific wants and needs. By organizing our database into contact groups, we are able to send out automated email campaigns designated for each specific group of clients and/or contacts. The software application also enables us to create customizable charts and graphs that provide us with an overview of our company's, planning, progress and achievements. In addition to the software's contact management capabilities, Plan Plus Online was the only software platform that enabled us to easily create internal sales and marketing processes that are specific to our business activities. This feature has provided us with the proper tools to schedule, delegate, and track all of our internal staff's interaction with clients as well as their day to day activities such as appointments, meetings, emails, phone calls, etc. Plan Plus Online's e web-hosted access feature has proven to be extremely productive and convenient. Our administrative staff is able access their accounts from home, on vacation, or from any other computer with web access. Plan Plus Online was superb in providing help and support to our administrative staff during the initial stages of implementing the software, and they continue to promptly assist when questions arise. Their support team provides feedback in a variety of methods including conference calls, web-based meetings, e-mail correspondence, and scheduled training meetings with our staff. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is serious about establishing a management software system into their current business model. Plan Plus Online has provided us with the tools to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction, safely store vital contact information, and better organize our internal approach to managing our business.
August 22, 2011
Anthony K.
Director-International Division
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2019

“Plan Plus Delivers Value”

OverallI first started using Plan Plus years ago when you would load the software with a 3.5" floppy onto your desktop. This has certainly changed. the company is committed to customer support. Rep. who is the Director of Business Development, reviewed my profile and made sure I had all of the options to increase my productivity. This was good to touch base and get updated.
ProsThis is a super simple web based online CRM that I started using two years ago. I use the calendar function and project management functions the most. The fact that I can check and update my schedule on my smart phone is important. One thing I really like is how user friendly the interface is. There are multiple navigation paths to get things done.
ConsI would like to edit the calendar entries and labels more easily. I would like to make some notifications audible and others just visual.
August 15, 2019
David S.
Priemrica Senior Representative
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
August 8, 2019

“Long Time User of the Plan Plus ”

OverallMy experience has been life changing
ProsI used the Paper organizer for many years but around ten years ago i switched to the digital software and it has been working for me greatly. The combination of the Plan Plus online and the app for my iPad and phone work together. I have been using the Seven Habit planner for over twenty seven years and i cannot live without it has truly become a habit and a way of life for me - I highly recommend it to other, the connecting factors of mission, role, goal and organizing capabilities are invaluable. I have record of what I did twenty five years ago on a given week and day.
ConsNot too much, the system has evolved with time and has stayed relevant.
August 8, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2018

“PlanPlus promises alot but doesn't deliver”

OverallI was trying to set up sales revenue and prospect reports. Their reports worked but in the end, I went back to using Outlook. Working to learn PlanPlus took a lot of time that I didn't have. What concerns me is that PlanPlus didn't do what they said it would do which is to work in tandem with Outlook 365.
ProsI liked the fact that they PROMISED that the system would sync with my Outlook account and that they CRM would work in conjunction with my Outlook contacts. They helped me build a system that could capture a great deal of the information I needed to maintain
ConsThe person assigned to help me really tried but he couldn't fix the software issues between outlook and plan plus. The IT people were only available by email and took forever to get back to me. I gave up trying to make the system work for my needs after six months of frustration. After I stopped calling NO ONE attempted to reach back out to me. I feel that this was a complete waste of a lot of my time and money. When I went to review the plan on their website, they blocked my review so here it is for all to see.
August 22, 2018
John R.
Account Manager
Medical Practice, Unspecified
December 10, 2015

“OMY - John Remsen”

ProsWe appreciate that we could consolidate information from several disparate databases, calendars and reminders into a single system which allows us to position pertinent information and make it readily available when contacting customers. We now have a reports capability that we never had before, Basically, PlanPlus has made all of us more productive, effective and independent. In addition, we have had wonderful support and training personnel working with us from day #1. They all thoroughly understand their product and can explain its use very well.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about the vendor. I believe that the product could be more visually appealing (colors, positioning, fonts, etc) and more user definable. For instance, the calendar takes up a large amount of space on the home page but our sales personnel do not need or use a calendar. We cannot move or shrink that calendar and lose valuable space on a very important page. We would also like to have the ability to change account oriented information, ie Priority A1, A2, A3... should be configurable by each user l
Recommendations to other buyersAsk how closely the software can be adjusted to an existing set of sales requirements. In other words, can the software be made to look and feel like an existing system.
December 10, 2015
Robert C.
President/CEO
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Great concept Poorly Executed”

OverallI really wanted this program to work, but found that using the principals of 7 steps with a program called WEEKPLAN gave me far better results. I Don't know if Franklin Covey own Plan Plus Online or if they just have their name attached to the program. If it is the latter, they need to get away from the program or get some real programmers and support techs involved. It is a shame, such great potential.
ProsThe concept of the program and seven habits process is awesome. The rocks and sharpen the saw work, just not the rest of the program.
ConsWhat you actually get with the program is the base of a great idea, but it will drive you crazy. There are a few areas of the program that works well, however, it is clunky to use (you have to click in certain areas of the program and small outlined boxes that do not align with the table are filled in), you have popups that you cannot get rid of and you have areas of the program such as projects, that don't fit the rest of the program. If you just have daily tasks - you may be ok and can put up with the clunkiness - if you have projects - forget it. Customer support means well, but do not respond and you have to pry information out of them.
December 12, 2017
Joey S.
December 15, 2011

OverallMy Team, The Richmond Realty Team, and I have really struggled over the last year with the implementation of a CRM. We were really struggling with the one that we were using and knew that we needed to change. The search reluctantly began, as I knew it would be quite an undertaking due to the large volume of properties and transactions coming through the office. At the time, we were using a Microsoft product and had decided to transition to Salesforce. I had chosen Salesforce because I had learned that, supposedly, a lot of the "Fortune 500" companies were using this product. I was really disappointed shortly AFTER signing a contract due to the lack of response from the technical support/data migration team. They were great prior to signing the contract. About a month or so ago, I had the fortunate experience of stumbling upon PlanPlus Online Business. I knew shortly after looking at it that this was the product for us. The simplicity of use, combined with the rich features, and customizable nature of the product was just fantastic. As we looked further into the product, we were introduced to Keith Norris, with Complete XRM. Keith has been wonderful throughout this process thus far. His insight into the Real Estate industry is a definite plus when we have questions such as, "Is there a better way to do this in PlanPlus Online?" Keith has done more in less than a month, than the other companies did in more than 3 months! I would highly recommend this product to other agents looking for a, simple to use yet full of features, product that they can implement rather quickly. Great product as it is, and it is my understanding that changes are coming that will capitalize on the great features that already exist.
December 15, 2011
Genrih A.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2016

“A very good idea, but...”

OverallI find this app brilliant, but there are some drawbacks which make it very uncomfortable to use. First of all - the font size. It is so tiny that one can hardly read anything. So if you want to use this app, first buy a magnifying glass, because in thé settings you will find no option to enlarge the font size. The second drawback is the notes. I want to type my notes on the lines, not in a new pop-up window. And after I've finished my note, I want to see it whole on the page, not only the first line of it. But still I should admit I spent hours trying to find an app better than this one on the market and I couldn't. This app is the best.
ProsI like the design very much. It looks so much like a real notebook. I also like how the schedule and the calender look.
ConsThe notebook page looks so good, but unfortunately I can't write my note on this page. Instead I see some pop-up window where I should write my note. And after finishing it I still can't see it on the page. All i see is only the first line of my note. I can't understand it. It's so uncomfortable. I want to see my whole note on the page, not only the first line of it.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is the best app on the market. I advise it everybody who wants to plan his time.
October 12, 2016
Duane D.
Director of Human Resources and Federal Programs
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
November 3, 2015

“Plan Plus Online Support”

ProsPlan Plus Online is flexible, promotes efficient time management and goal achievement through daily and long-range planning, and provides responsive and thorough customer support in a timely way. The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize daily tasks makes Plan Plus Online a more user friendly product than other planners on the market.
ConsFrequent and unannounced "upgrades" often result in unpleasant and apparently unintended consequences and results for end users. Thankfully, the customer support I've received has been solid and usually resolves problems quickly.
Recommendations to other buyersThis product is worthy of consideration by individual users as well as larger organizations looking for a customizable planning product to meet their organization's needs.
November 3, 2015
David S.
Pastor CEO
51-200 employees
April 20, 2017

“The need work on ”

ProsBeen using Plan Plus for more than 10 years and the whole organizational system 7 Habits for 25 years
ConsThey have still to finish after more than a year the compass and planning on the mobile app also the screen does vertical and does not change to horizontal - were paying for that feature yet not getting it -
April 20, 2017
Nilesh P.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
1.5/5
1.5/5
August 15, 2014

“Stone Age implementation and no upgrades.”

ProsThe application is excellent for planning. The web layout is planned very well for the Covey Time Management Paradigm.
ConsThe application has not been updated for ages. I have subscribed twice to this software. Once was back in 2011, and I have subscribed again recently. The functionality has not changed at all over three years. The biggest pain point is that the software is unusable if you are not using it on a computer screen. I am in sales and hence constantly on the move. I prefer my appointments and tasks to be reflected on my phone calendar. Once you have created your schedule on the application, it is almost impossible to show up properly on your phone or tablet. There is no native app that pushes notifications or events on your phone. The web layout could do with several improvements. 1. The layout could be simplified and made aesthetically functional. There is too much information in a single view and compressed into a very small window. Also, it is so rigid that is not very user-friendly with a laptop trackpad. 2. Logging into the website is very outdated. For individual, personal users, they could use Facebook or Google verification to simplify access. Also, sometimes, the website blocks access for 15 minutes due to session conflicts. 3. The website is very difficult to operate on a touch device.
Recommendations to other buyersI use this software for personal time management (i.e., calendar scheduling according to the Covey Principles). Given that, the most important parameters that I feel should be met are 1. Simple and device-independent (computer/tablet/phone) Web implementation. 2. Native application for mobile device. Support for push notifications and editing abilities. 3. Third Party integration support (zapier, nugg, etc.). 4. Pricing considerations. 5. Training materials (video tutorials, help wiki, etc.).
August 15, 2014
Joe C.
Loan Officer
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
April 19, 2017

“Programming Opportunites”

ProsFlexibility and ease of adding features and functions.
ConsHard to do without some support.
April 19, 2017
Gabriel S.
January 27, 2017

“Live life in the Four Quadrants”

OverallAfter years of looking, my search is over! Way back in the days of PDA's I used FranklinCovey's planning software and absolutely loved it! Fast forward to 2017 and I just recently started using PlanPlus Online. While it's not as good at the original, it's a good solution for those who use the Four Quadrants and it syncs nicely with Outlook. There are some CRM tools as well but they're not robust enough for me to drop my current solution. If you're looking for a FranklinCovey branded scheduling solution that syncs with Outlook, then look no further.
Pros-free trial period -syncs with Outlook
Cons-Automatically logs you out after a time -Doesn't have the full features as previous versions (e.g. daily notes)
Recommendations to other buyersTake a look around, there are some other products based on the Seven Habits but this is the official version and if you don't mind logging back in a few times a day, then you should enjoy it.
January 27, 2017
Tanya T.
Financial Services, Unspecified

“Win/Win Situation”

ProsThe product gives our business and colleagues a tool that we can all refer to in order to keep us on the same page. It's the core of our business! No one is left in the dark. Our clients and affiliates are kept well in the loop with timelines, what's needed to move forward, and what to expect next, and when to expect it. Our team can see who's been contacted, what phone calls have been made/need to be made, what followups need to be made, when they need to be made, due dates, etc. This product can be customized to your exact needs. I love that!
ConsThere are rapid changes in technology and it's hard to keep up with little glitches. Fortunately, the PlanPlus team is quick to respond, is proactive with followups, and makes sure IT or whoever is on top of any concerns.
Recommendations to other buyersUse the training links to get familiar with the many aspects of this product. PlanPlus has such a broad spectrum of uses. It has the ability to be tweaked and manipulated to your business, and the way you fit it into your daily use is up to you!
Chris W.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2018

“If you value your business, avoid. ”

OverallWhen I suggested I may need to look for a new CRM supplier, support said "let us know when you want to close your account." That's how much they care. You have been warned!
ProsIt USED to be amazing. the calendar is pretty good That's about it unfortunately.
ConsIt's so buggy, it's unusable. The home page doesn't work, the appointment search doesn't work the email centre doesn't open Emails don't render Customer support is non-existant Emails to support are ignored The email centre has been broken for 7 months. They've blamed gmail (I don't use it) outlook (I don't use it) Windows (I don't use it) Mailchimp and Godaddy. Blame anyone we can do we don't have to fix it.
September 4, 2018
Lisa D.
January 16, 2017

“So many options - but I found the best results”

OverallI have spent the last 2 months looking at different apps and online planning tools that could be used for my business. There are so many options, but my challenge was always the same, I want to find an app I can use as well as on online source, that is user-friendly. Although I am very computer literate, I wanted something that didn't take a lot of work to understand. After doing many 30 day free trials, this product was my choice.
ProsAble to use and easily sync on my iPhone or IPad and use my computer as well. I am able to use this for my business, work, school, volunteer activities and anything else and it can be easily separated.
Recommendations to other buyersTry this program for free, use both the app and computer!
January 16, 2017
John W.
June 22, 2017

“A great beginning”

OverallLong time Act and Outlook and One Note user. This does everything that Act Premium for PC does and then some. Act online not even come close. Tried Sales Force and this is much better in tying the whole person to their "universe" of responsibilities to keep everything in balance and effective.
ProsUser Interface Ease of Prioritizing and tying to contacts, projects, calendar, and roles. Has taken the place of 4 different software CRM or add-on products
ConsIt is so robust, that the learning curve to get to the desired level of competency is a little long. Fortunately they do have many, many videos, as well as coaching available to help.
June 22, 2017
Father Brad K.
Publisher
1-10 employees
October 23, 2017

“Does not work with IOS11”

ProsVery good program. I liked the reminders and the integrated system. It works the Franklin program well and it helped me. I am disappointed that I can't use it any more as I primarily use my Iphone.
ConsI have used for several years on my Iphone. Now they have decided not to update so it is useless. They said Iphone was an extra project, which does not sound like a wise business decision
October 23, 2017
Bryan K.
Executive Vice President
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
August 3, 2017

“Best service experience by tech company ever. My new account person is a star. Very helpful , explained things in terms I understood and accommodated my schedule.fantastic service!”

OverallPlanPlus offers a great product and outstanding service. Well Done!
ProsPlanPlus is based on Covey 7 Habits, and 4 Disciples of Execution which is the Gold standard. PlanPlus transitions me from Paper to mobile and saves me time in planning each week. I finally found my Knowledge Age planner! The service and mentoring are outstanding. My new account person was amazing in getting me up to speed and went out of his way to work with my schedule, I have never experienced this type of service from an online product.
August 3, 2017
Marni V.
Owner/ designer
Construction, Self-employed

“It's okay, needs help.”

OverallI am an independent designer. I was looking for something to help me stay on task and manage my projects easier. I have used Franklin Covey products for many years. I miss the version that synced really well with Outlook and resided on my system as opposed to the cloud. The cloud version, in anything, has its positive points. Such as syncing with Outlook and Google calendar. But finding the hierarchy so as not to get a 'loop' is problematic, also using a phone, computer and tablet to sync. It took a few months to get these things working. I think I need more education or a different model/version to truly satisfy my needs. I suspect this version is set up for sales/marketing forces, not designers. I'm not sure I want to pay for 'another' software. Overall I've determined to go back to using my paper planner and the online to support that format. I was way more organized previously.
ProsPrioritizing my schedule and within each project.
ConsWant to be able to print in 'classic' size so as to archive in my binder. Especially for itemized taxes and a single proprietor, this is still important.
Robert G.
October 13, 2016

“Best I've found and I've looked a lot!”

OverallI could open a business advising people on CRMs because I think I've tried the vast majority of them. All had their strengths and weakness with regards to features. Some were great at email, others at tasks, some with project management, etc... But with all of them, I needed to use other programs to manage what they didn't include. So far with Plan Plus, it contains just about everything I want from CRM, email, marketing, PM and opportunity management and with the Franklin model, managing ME!
ProsFeature rich, great support.
ConsThe UI really needs a major overhaul.
Recommendations to other buyersGive this product a chance. Even though I find the UI very clunky,
October 13, 2016
Steve W.
Director of Sales
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
February 8, 2017

“This app is not ready for prime time”

OverallI have good several months to play with the web version, mobile app and ios app. I was really expecting a lot and maybe shouldn't. The ABC prioritizing is pretty good. The daily notes are not good at all particular with the latest update. The "daily notes" on the main page will show that notes exist, but you won't be able to see them unless you go to the older version, or the notes review section or the mobile apps. Very clunky. Speaking of notes, you can't connect notes to opportunities, contacts or organizations at the same time. Requires needless cutting and pasting. You can do this with tasks but not with notes. There isn't anywhere to offer ideas for changes to the program and only seen a few updates or bug fixes, even though many exist. Make me think that there is not may folks working on the problems. Technical support is very responsive and helpful! Very clunky app. Unfortunately, I bought the full year thinking that I could adapt to the program, but not having much success.
ProsABC priority. Also, I like the Outlook Plugin that allows you to attached emails to organization, contacts, opportunities, projects. Works very well
ConsJust about everything else.
Recommendations to other buyersTry other apps first.
February 8, 2017
Brooke T.
January 24, 2013

OverallWe are a small insurance insurance brokerage form that specializes in Medicare, long-term care, retirement planning, an annuities. We do much more than that, but I just used the short-version. We had been researching CRM databases for months, and tried a few, but they didn't satisfy the needs we had. We wanted/needed something easily navigated, supported, and to have the accessability through a phone application. We looked at the features of several CRM databases, and that's how we came across Plan Plus. We loved everything about it. It exceeded our expectations. We've only begun to delve into the software, but by far, we've received the best customer support. I speak with Burke Anderson frequently, as well as Keith Norris. I enjoy speaking with them, and feel most comfortable asking questions. They are truly great guys! I look forward to the continuation of my education on Plan Plus, and working with Burke and Keith!
January 24, 2013
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Doesn't Live Up to Its Potential”

OverallI use this calendaring tool to drive my behavior from a values basis. I like its functionality but will likely stop using it due to consistent sync issues.
ProsVery powerful tool with options for personal customization. It's especially good for assisting with values-driven goals, tasks, and planning.
ConsIt's just awful when it comes to syncing with, well, anything: Outlook, iPhone, Google. Constant issues. It even struggles to sync with its own phone app.
April 8, 2019
Allen J.
December 10, 2017

“Horrible Program”

OverallI bought PlanPlus for Microsoft Outlook many years ago and loved it. Then they rewrote the program and filled it with bugs. After submitting numerous bug reports and never seeing any improvement, I finally had to uninstall it. I have been looking for an alternative for many years now and finally decided to give PlanPlus Online a try in the hopes that I could get the old functionality and that the new software would be relatively bug-free. Boy was I wrong! The new software is horrible. It totally messed up my calendar and I have spent the last two hours hopefully getting it straightened out again. I will never install another piece of FranklinCovey software on my computer again. It is a shame because the concept is great. Unfortunately, the implementation is terrible.
ProsI like the Franklin Covey planning approach, but the program is too buggy to use. It started going downhill several years ago.
ConsTOTALLY messed up my calendar - duplicated appointments, shifted appointments in time. Cost me huge amounts of wasted time working to get things back to where they should be.
December 10, 2017
Nicole K.
Administrative Assistant
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
November 9, 2016

“Very Helpful”

OverallWe have been looking to find a CRM that would meet all of our needs. In making this decision the person I spoke to was very knowledgeable and honest about what would work and the options I was looking at the ones that wouldn't. He was very receptive on any questions that I had and helping me find the answers that I needed.
Prosthe customizing capabilities of the software. the training that was available.
Consthere were very few items that we did not like
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are considering this program I recommend trying it and speaking to someone.
November 9, 2016
DANIEL F.
Manager, Laboratory Services
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
June 14, 2018

“Use this program to help management tasks and time in a most efficient manner”

OverallThis program aides me in my quest to manage my life and priorities.
ProsProgram has all of the features of a traditional Franklin Planner, but is completely mobile. Notes are searchable and all data is stored and easy to retrieve. Weekly compass feature is great.
ConsGoal planning part of the software is not as easy to use as the rest of the program. Occasional bugs in calendar part of program.
June 14, 2018
Wilma H.
President/Owner
October 6, 2016

“Planplus Sales and Review”

OverallExcellent Service - Brandon was excellent in helping me to select the right level of planplus product to start with and explained to me how I could grow and be supported to be more productive with higher levels of the plan plus product.
ProsIt keeps me on track with my to-dos for my clients. It appears that it will be impossible for me to outgrow it.
ConsNothing at this time
Recommendations to other buyersStart at the least expensive version that will currently meet your needs and grow with the product.
October 6, 2016
Ivy Y.
Accounting, Unspecified
September 13, 2016

“Keeps me organized”

ProsEase of use, organization in one page. Efficient and effective for daily use. Accessible anywhere anytime.
ConsMobile is challenging at times. Customer support is quick and responsive when I encountered issues.
Recommendations to other buyersFairly well for Project Management, easy to customize to individual projects.
September 13, 2016
Shawn C.
Health Information Manager
Philanthropy, 1001-5000 employees
December 4, 2017

“Disappointment”

OverallThe app is very inclusive and does not play well with others. They charge you for use but to make it work with anything but their system it keeps getting more expensive. Then you finally get it set up and they say you have to break HIPPA guidelines to make it work with your system. Or that a pop up window of an error is a known issue and will always occur and they just say you have to go with it. There was no way I was taking this software with those type of gaps to my VP and say let's spend more money on this. Not work the effort at all!
ProsThe franklin covey time management system, always a plus. The philosophy is carried out in the software.
ConsDoes not work well at all with outlook, despite promotions, no functionality of app.You can't use outlook like they say. You can not sync with other systems unless you want to violate laws to make your company database accessible to their servers.
December 4, 2017
Dimitrios G.
Regional Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2016

“Would be nice if they would reply to me”

OverallI have been a user of the software PlanPlus uses for over 10 years. Before they bought out the previous company the customer support was great! Now I can't even get simple answers to upgrade requests that I am WILLING to pay for. Switching after 10 years and 100's of thousands of records to something else is even more of a nightmare....so it is very frustrating.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure what they already have in the system is all your going to need.
December 10, 2016
James D.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
November 23, 2018

“Sometimes great.”

OverallWe really liked the idea of this app, but the few features that worked didn't make it worth keeping. I hope they fix the issues, as it has the potential to be amazing, but as of now, it's just not worth the hassle.
ProsPlanPlus is sometimes a great management app. We have connected it with our website and it runs flawlessly in that aspect. It's also very handy to have everything available online, especially if we need to use it but don't have access to a computer.
ConsIt can be VERY buggy. We've had it freeze a few times, and it just doesn't seem up to Franklin Covey standards. We had issues with it integrating with Outlook, which was a big reason for us getting it. If they fix it, we might think about going back, but as of now, we've stopped using it.
November 23, 2018
Eric A.
Partner
Accounting, 1-10 employees
July 27, 2017

“overall negative”

ProsThe concept or idea is good. product does not live up to it. The product does not perform an there were times when it was not accessible.
ConsSupport is not good. There were times when it was down and support pretended that it was my perception.
July 27, 2017
Dan M.
Construction, Unspecified
October 22, 2014

“Franklin Covey user who took the plunge online”

ProsI like having an easy to use interface, collaborative environment and easy to compare scheduling tools. Also, I like their mobile integration for the iPhone and iPad. I sell mobile very often. It's super easy to access support and their team is friendly.
ConsI would like to see more marketing functionality and more visual quality to the layout. Social integration is low, but I hear they are working on it.
Recommendations to other buyersAlways ask for at least two weeks demo time. Look for companies that have good support in the US that will know your business once you are working with them. It helps a lot.
October 22, 2014
Kaye W.
Insurance, Unspecified
August 6, 2014

“A satisfied customer in the learning curve.”

ProsI like their quick response to our questions, and how they correct any problems we have. When I miss a procedure or don't understand the procedures, my rep walks me through the process so I have a better understanding and follows up with me to be sure I have been having success.
ConsI think it is a great product. I used the Franklin Covey planner for years, so this is a very comfortable process for me.
Recommendations to other buyersKnow what you want to accomplish before you establish the software program. Explain it to them, and they can customize it to your specific needs.
Janine R.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 14, 2017

“Great CRM!”

OverallSpent a long time investigating various CRM's. Also used several of them to try, but none worked the way I wanted. I can use this to organize all of my real estate transactions and everything is integrated including my contacts, calendar and to do lists.
ProsEasy to use and great customer support!
ConsApp needs a little more work
Recommendations to other buyersTry it
February 14, 2017
Eric H.
Associate Real Estate Broker
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
February 6, 2017

February 6, 2017
Andrew S.
November 22, 2014

“Love and Hate this product at the same time. ”

ProsThis product is the missing link in Gmail and Outlook in terms of tracking your to dos. It take a while to figure out how to this best.
ConsDuring business hours, this product's updates/refresh times make it just about unusable. I can waste an hour a day waiting for changes to take place, and sometimes they do not even take. I make a change, and it's over a minute before it shows on the screen. Right now, it's Saturday morning, and the response times are real time and very fast. I have filed many tickets and get little more then a shrug. No recommendations on changing settings or refresh rates etc. I also have the same response time issue from both home and with my wifi hot spot.
Recommendations to other buyersFor a Project Manager, it can be great, but it does not have the functionality of Microsoft Project. It's just a list with no tasks being tied together. I have figured out how to number tasks, which makes it easier when walking through a project during a call.
November 22, 2014
Shannon A.
October 23, 2014

“Great CRM software to get things done!”

ProsThe people are friendly to work with. They help set up the account efficiently, and if you ever have a question, their support is ready to help you. The product helps me organize all the different things I have going on in my life.
ConsI wish the layout could have some updates, as some of the terms are slightly confusing, but you have to be willing to learn to use the software.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try. They give a free week trial for all the different versions they have, and you can see what works for you best.
Bradford M.
Principal
51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 5, 2019

“I love the PlanPlus software but HATE the price”

ProsI love the way you prioritize task. It's designed how I work since I was trained to use the Franklin Planner back in the day.
ConsThis is a product that had a great opportunity to have a great product but completely blew it. They do not know how to price their product. I'd love to it but refuse until they make it more affordable. Very few products like this have a monthly fee.
February 5, 2019
Amanda S.
Medical Practice, Unspecified
October 23, 2014

“PlanPlus Online, great customer support. ”

ProsThey have very responsive customer service. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and very responsive.
ConsThe product has several areas that they have been improving, including the mapping feature and text messaging. Those are current limitations for our operations, but I have confidence that those will be addressed timely.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is very helpful software that has robust database features. The friendly and knowledgeable staff has aided us in customizing our product and tailoring it to fit our needs.
Justin B.
August 31, 2011

OverallWe use PlanPlus Online at my company for our business development and sales teams. It seems to work fine. I have used other systems like Goldmine and MSCRM (different job) and Salesforce.com. We used to use Goldmine in the past and switched to Salesforce, then switched to PlanPlus Online I think because of cost and usability. We have a person at our company who has a direct contact with a tier 2 support representative and it helps us get our questions answered quickly. They have even made changes in the software to fit our needs. I would rate them as very easy to use and very powerful in terms of functionality.
August 31, 2011
Ahmed S.
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
December 7, 2016

“Great!”

OverallPlanPlus is excellent. Great tech support. Great customer support. They get back to me in a timely manner. I definitely recommend PlanPlus over other software.
ProsCustomer service Quality Tech support
Recommendations to other buyersConsider this software for your needs.
December 7, 2016
Mike M.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
April 18, 2016

“Plan Plus OnLine Crashes a Lot”

ProsHelps keep me organized an on task. I like the ability to plan for the long term.
ConsLately I've had problem with PPO's server crashing. This is now twice in 2 weeks. Very inconvenient. It's usually slow on its best days. But this is not tolerable.
Recommendations to other buyersGet another IT company to run your software. These guys allow their serve to crash a lot lately.
April 18, 2016
Kate S.
Computer Software, Unspecified
October 28, 2014

“Great Comprehensive & Customizable CRM”

ProsThe product is truly a complete CRM that is highly customizable!
ConsBecause it is so extensive, it can seem overwhelming at first. But their Professional Services Specialists are great at helping you customize the product and training you on how to use it successfully!
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure to sign up for the free trial and talk to a sales rep about getting a software demo. Also, PlanPlus Online's webinars are very helpful, especially the New User Setup webinar.
October 28, 2014
Sammy T.
Computer Software, Unspecified

“Love PlanPlus Online”

ProsThe easy homepage with the daily to-do task list and calendar. I put in tasks every day that I need to do, and it helps remind me of them every day when I log into the account.
ConsThe iCal feed feature sometimes works and sometimes does not. If there a lot of appointments coming in through the feed, it's very slow. Sometimes, it will not accept the URL.
Recommendations to other buyersIt takes a little while to learn the software. Don't give up.
Chad M.
December 14, 2011

OverallWe run our entire business with PlanPlus Online CRM by Franklin Covey Software! From My iPhone to my iPad, PlanPlus CRM has been exactly what our business needed to scale and not allow any leads to fall through the cracks. The Software team at Franklin Covey has been amazing with training and implementation even with our dispersed sales team. We have integrated PlanPlus Online CRM with our website and now have a seamless Lead capture to Sales Process workflow. I have tried other software claiming to be CRM, but it wasn't until I found PlanPlus Online CRM that my needs were meet.
December 14, 2011
Michael K.
Sales
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“Content Full”

OverallA solid product but could a little more simple. Easy to read. The goal section is the best.
ProsFeature loaded, personal goals, solid business CRM.
ConsEase of use, duplicates.