Universe Ratings

Overall

About Universe

Great events start with Universe. Our team is comprised of artists, musicians, and dreamers just like you: We understand that delivering extraordinary experiences is no easy feat. There's a lot at stake, which is why it's our mission to provide the best self-serve event management tools and support in the industry. Universe empowers organizers to create, sell, promote, and manage their events from start to finish - all on one platform. Let us help you take your events to the next level. Learn more about Universe

Tamara K.
Special Events, Open Kitchen Cooking Classes
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
June 12, 2018

“Love! But could use some updates that take our business model into consideration. ”

ProsThe price is one of the best on the market. It is visually appealing (helps with marketing). Ease of uploading new events.
ConsWe use universe to sell tickets to cooking classes over the spring & summer months. Therefore, we are hosting between 4 to 6 unique events per week. Back end navigation is getting better, but when dealing with a large amount of events, can still be cumbersome and time consuming. Our customers have a hard time going through our list of classes on universe.com(we also upload the calendar to our webpage and create a print calendar of events to help with this): you cannot skip to a certain page in the list of events from the profile page; if you click on a class to learn more and want to go back to the list of events, you are taken back to the first listing and have to scroll through all the pages again (we can have up to 8 pages of events); there is no calendar option for quickly scanning the upcoming events; although we have created passes, we are often asked if it is possible to purchase a gift certificate code or option (that do not expire - like passes have to - to keep within Canadian law). A way to make a mass edit to all events - in the additional order message, or discount codes, for example - would be a huge time saver instead of having to go back and update each event individually one they are live.
Stefan M.
Digital Marketing & Acquisition
Events Services, Unspecified
June 13, 2018

“Great DIY event ticketing solution with ability and resources to improve.”

OverallThe greatest benefit for us is the DIY solution for Ticketmaster venues. Universe's partnership with TM allows us to easily manage all facets of ticketing for our event from inventory to refunds to creative. Their dashboard allows us to track pacing to goals, their integrations allow us to measure marketing efforts, and their team is very responsive and collaborative.
ProsThe ability to not only sell tickets and check on sales daily but track who they are and where they are coming from. Their integrations are top notch and easy to manage if you don't have much of a tech background.
ConsThe inability to transfer attendees after they've bought tickets. A common customer service issue for us is that a time slot ends up not working out and they would like to switch to an earlier or later session. The only way to do this is to refund the customer completely and have them buy the new tickets.
Amy F.
Founder | Executive Director
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2018

“We love this software and would t be able to do what we do as effectively without it.”

ProsEase of use and the ability to collaborate as a team. This software is well thought out and the company seems committed to evolving the software as technology changes.
ConsThe sort features on the dashboard could use some improvements but it still works well. The messaging feature would be better if it sent a message to the admin email so it doesn't need to be checked and complete customization of content and timing of reminders would be nice.
Marco C.
VP Products
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
June 14, 2019

“Great ticketing system, easy day-of-event checkin”

OverallFor the last 2 years I have run ticketing a very large food and wine tasting event which raises over $100k to benefit a local public school. Universe saved us a great deal of time and thousands of dollars, in part due to its lower fees than the competition and in part because we were able to use Stripe (which offers lower processing fees for nonprofits). Universe's customer success group was excellent and always answered my questions promptly.
ProsIt's easy to set up, easy to use, and the ability to embed the ticket-buying capability right onto your own website is great. Also the fact that it supports Stripe as a payment method is a big plus. The BoxOffice mobile app that's used for checkin is easy and slick. Particularly for the volunteer events I manage where I constantly have to onboard new checkin volunteers, it works great; adding new team members is a snap, and the actual checkin process is simple and self-explanatory.
ConsI wish the in-app reporting capabilities were a little more granular.
June 14, 2019
James N.
Founder and Director
February 1, 2018

“Not as good as the rest”

OverallIf we could migrate all ticket buyers from this platform without disruption we would. So really cannot say there are benefits compared to others.
ProsIt looks slick and is easy to embed..connects with Stripe easily, support usually answers within 24 hours (US based only)
ConsThe entire platform looks easy, but once you get stuck in you really realise unintuitive the entire platform is. Today the entire website was down, all our ticket forms across our websites disappeared. Adding attendees manually for offline invoicing sends them "free" receipts .. We could go on all day.. We have used almost all of the top ticketing platforms and this cannot recommend

By Universe on March 29, 2018
Hey James, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the less than positive experience you had with our platform. We are constantly working to create a more intuitive experience for all of our event organizers. Your feedback is of great value to us. Would you be open to chatting further about the points you addressed in this post? Best, Universe
February 1, 2018
Brandi R.
December 6, 2015

“Major Glitches”

OverallI tried universe months ago and was impressed. It was easy to use. Easier and more intuitive than Eventbrite. Unfortunately, I decided to go back in and post some more events and I spent 2 hours retyping my profile information in, because everytime it saved and I went to another page it disappeared. I also had to remove an old event that sold one ticket worth $0. I tried "deleting event' but that wasn't an option, I tried unlisting it. I tried giving a "refund" of $0 to the one registrant and no luck. I finally had to just ask them to close the entire account. Eventbrite is a lot easier to use than universe. Universe is "simple" without the tech issues, but there are some serious usability issues if you ask me. Not sure if the previous posts are 100% accurate. All 5's in all areas doesn't seem authentic. I'll see if customer service contacts me back about my profile issue. I'd hate to start all over again with eventbrite. Major time waster! I'm urked!
December 6, 2015
James W.
National Championship Series/Competitions Manager
Sports, 11-50 employees
June 13, 2018

“Universe has been fairly seamless to integrate into our ticketing operations. ”

OverallThe ability to be our own box office
ProsThe ease of setting up an event within the system, and ability to quickly train contract and volunteer staff. The ability to collect data from our attendees is integral.
ConsA walkup credit sale can be slightly difficult to process. It would be nice to digitally request scanning devices at the time the event is created within Universe.
Joanna W.
Media Production, Unspecified
June 12, 2018

“Customer service is great- super love the relational aspect.”

OverallGreat customer service.
ProsI like how easy it is to embed on the website. I also love how easy it is to get in touch with people.
ConsI think sometimes the ticketing UI, creating new tickets and such seems super confusing to navigate. Creating new tickets and locks, all of it is in places that doesn't come naturally to figure out.
Kellyn R.
VP of Everything
June 12, 2018

“I love the customer service and the look of everything. There are still glitches.”

OverallIt's easy to use, and looks great.
ProsLove the look and feel. Love that it integrates well within our sites and that our customers don't have to leave our site to buy a ticket. The customer service is fantastic. I love knowing that I have someone that I can call if I need someone immediately (and it has happened).
ConsI don't like that we have to be logged in to purchase tickets. Many people forget their log in. I wish upgrading options were easier. I wish there were partial refunds capabilities.
April 19, 2018

“Universe has been a great resource to add events and link to our website.”

OverallIt's a great software and super easy to use. The interface is clean, simple and easy. The ability to connect the event to your website and link it up so your clients can easily head to the event page and purchase tickets benefits everyone involved.
ProsI like the simplicity of it for adding in events and event information. I've used it for big and small events and enjoy the interface of it. The dashboard is super clean and easy to maneuver as well.
ConsThe customization of the tickets can get confusing. I wish there was a little more flexibility and custom options for when you need multiple different tickets and ways for people to RSVP to your event.

By Universe on April 25, 2018
Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all of the feedback you have provided and will share it with the team. Looking forward to helping you grow your future events! All the best, Universe
April 19, 2018
Elliot W.
Marketing Coordinator
September 16, 2014

“Great Service - Best I have tried yet”

OverallPros: I have used a lot of various ticket software over the years. Being an event organizer for some time, I have found a lot of options on the market, however what stuck out about Uniiverse is their social approach to ticketing. They have great integration with our website, and the social-features for promoting my event were amazing. I feel as though its a modern take on ticketing, one which really works well with how people discover and book events. Cons: overall a great experience. I think the biggest thing for most people is concern over learning a new piece of software, however I had no problems - the Uniiverse team was there to explain everything I needed and answer any questions I had! Overall Experience: Great, we'll definitely be using Uniiverse again in the future!
Brian S.
March 27, 2018

“Amazing Product! Check ins are flawless, easy to use app, and staff is next to none ”

ProsEasy to use App that shows check ins / remaining tickets out. Staff is constantly reaching out to improve the product and giving suggestions to assist with my events. My business is valued to them and they show it. Will never use another ticketing service
ConsMake sure you click remember to save when making changes to your event. It does not automatically save, so that make sure to remember to do that

By Universe on March 29, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, Brian! We are excited about the future successes of all your events. Always be sure to reach out with any questions or concerns. Cheers! Universe
March 27, 2018
Jay H.
Digital and Logistics Manager
Events Services, 11-50 employees
June 13, 2018

“Using Universe has been an incredible experience from top to bottom.”

ProsThe software is extremely customizable, with a wide array of features of all kinds to best suit are companies needs. Additionally, the customer support team is invaluably helpful in utilizing the system to its maximum potential
ConsSometimes we struggle with user error of the scan functions, which the customer success team has been incredibly supportive in by sharing best practices for on-site processing. When occasional glitches arise, the development team is extremely responsive in correcting any issues.
Victoria F.
BDM Outbound

“The Best - Seriously!”

OverallI've used pretty much every event/ticketing site out there to organize events, and I'm so happy that I found Uniiverse. Their site is easy to use and browse and setting up events is simple - plus, they took a smaller cut of my ticket sales than any other site including EB ever did. The reason I switched to Uniiverse over other ticketing set-up sites was that they let me embed a 'buy tickets' button into my site that kept visitors on my website rather than rerouting them to EventBrite's page to buy (or to another site like that). Plus, their customer service was SUPER fast when I had a question - thanks, Ben! I was super happy with my experience, and I'll definitely be using them again! A++++++!
Louise S.
May 15, 2016

“Good customer service”

OverallThe customer service was excellent. The replied to all my concerns. However I found it much clunkier to use than Eventbrite. Maybe if I were entirely digital, didn't need a printed guest list, only checked people in online it would be better for our use. The dashboard is cluttered with non-essential info, in my opinion. Single cancelled tickets take up as much space as an upcoming event. EventBrite Facebook integration works much better, shows right up as an upcoming event on the Facebook page with one click. EventBrite automatically sends us a check when the event is over. Universe, i must log into the account and request the funds. The editing of an event in EventBrite is simpler; it doesn't require as much scrolling as the image heavy universe editing window. I'm sure for some people Universe is what they are looking for. I have switched back to EventBrite.
May 15, 2016
Brittney E.
February 2, 2016

“Above and Beyond ”

OverallI have not used Universe before but I am glad I decided to use them for our upcoming event. Patrick is my rep and he went above and beyond to make sure that I was able to get the full benefit of the site. I wasn't able to figure out how to post my event link on my Facebook page and he went ahead and did it for me. So far I am very pleased with my decision to use Universe. I will post another review once our event has passed.
February 2, 2016
Moe L.
December 12, 2015

“The best ticketing service out there.”

OverallSeriously the best ticketing software out there. Super simple to set up, to integrate, and start accepting payments. Have been organizing large events for the past five years, and have tried EVERYTHING. Ticketmaster, eventbrite, eventjoy, ti.to, eventful, bizzabo all of them are not as good as Universe. Recommend highly! Hopefully they will produce event apps one day - or sell event apps to event hosts to offer to attendees.
December 12, 2015
Michael M.
Executive Director
August 19, 2015

“Great site, Excellent service”

OverallWe are using Universe for the first time to handle all the ticketing for our film festival. I wish I had known abut this service years ago. Their site makes it easy to create and track events. Their customer service is excellent. Syracuse International Film Festival highly recommends this site.

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to review Universe! We're excited to work with you and the Syracuse International Film Festival for many years to come!
May W.
Catering/vending food company
August 24, 2015

“I have used Universe for 6 events. Love you!!!”

OverallEasy to set up. I like that I can make changes when needed. It is easy to check the progress of an event. I never have to worry about the money part of an event, because you take care of that. Very user friendly!

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi May, Thanks for using Universe for your events and for taking the time to review us. I'm happy you're having a good experience with Universe!
August 24, 2015
Timothy S.
Project Coordinator
August 19, 2015

“We embeded our ticket sales right on our website with no redirection to the Universe web site! ”

OverallLove it! Our small fundraiser, through the use of Universe ticket sales and the media links, we were able to put on our web site via widget, doubled the size of our originally planned event. A complete success...

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi Timothy, Thanks for taking the time to review Universe. We're very happy that we were able to help you raise more money for your fundraiser!
Noel M.
Marketing Coordinator
August 19, 2015

“We just switched to Universe -- great decision!”

OverallUniverse is so intuitive, beautiful, and user-friendly for our staff as well as our audience. I was so impressed while looking through their site that I registered on-the-spot! Props to everyone at Universe. We are very happy to be their customer.

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi Noel, Thank you for taking the time to review Universe and for your kind words. We're glad to have you on board too!
Gweldyn E.
October 21, 2016

“No response from customer support, and no number to call”

OverallI had a event 9/30 -10/2. When my funds were available I transfer them to my bank account. I received the funds for one day. but the other days no funds were received. When I go to my dashboard it show $ 0.00 are available. I am still waiting for a response to my email. I am unlikely to use this service again.
October 21, 2016
Sebastian S.
Executive Director
August 3, 2015

“Very easy to use platform.”

OverallI find the majority of ticket sales happen the week leading up to an event. Universe is the easiest to use platform which comes in handy when you have to check for sales updates, pull reports, and update ticket prices/capacities. The support team is always available when I need them and are happy to suggest how I can get more out of the platform.
Antonio M.
December 15, 2015

“Best customer service”

OverallI would personally would like to recognize the professionalism and dedication of your customer service department mainly Jane Guan for going above and beyond their normal duties to ensure satisfaction. Thank you so much for your assistance and keep up the great work
December 15, 2015
Molly M.
August 19, 2015

“We sold more tickets than expected and the process was easy!”

OverallEasy to use web site, great metrics and behind the scenes capability, flexible and well-designed site.

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi Molly, Thank you for taking the time to review Universe! We're glad you were able to sell more tickets and that you enjoyed using the site.
jerome t.
Founder/CEO/MusicProductions

“WONDERFUL”

OverallI must say that Universe is such a wonderful site for all sorts categories and genres for promoting and simply marketing your wares! Customer service also is exemplary! It is my profound pleasure to have teamed up with such an outstanding organization!! Thank You!!
Pat W.
June 26, 2015

“Easy, Gorgeous, and Effective”

OverallThe title of this review says it all. It took me all of 10 minutes to set up my event online and it came with a really beautiful custom page. I really liked how I could sell tickets right off of my Facebook page. I sold out faster than I ever did when I used Eventbrite!
June 26, 2015
Anna K.
VP Operations
September 16, 2014

“Helped my sell 35% more tickets this year!”

OverallI ABSOLUTELY love Uniiverse. It's so easy to use and set up. I installed the widget on my website and sold tickets right there! I set up a discount for people who tweet about my events and this really helped spread the word. I sold 35% more tickets this year! Anna
Lisa Carrie G.

“Easy and Effective”

OverallThe fact that they promote events, like my own, on their newsletter, is the reason I continue to use this program.

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi Lisa, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're happy to keep promoting your awesome events!
S. M.
Content Coordinator
August 19, 2015

“Easy to use, beautiful look ”

OverallThe ease of use and how gorgeous the site looks after makes this FUN.

By Universe on August 25, 2015
Hi Marie, Thank you for taking the time to review Universe! We're glad that you enjoy creating and managing your events on Universe. FUN is our goal!
Ted L.
Festival Director
August 3, 2015

“Perfect for our events and festivals”

OverallWe used Universe for our last 2 festivals and were super happy with it. It's easy to use but most importantly, it was a great experience for our guests at the door. Their app makes it super easy and fast to scan tickets and get people in.
Matt L.
Developer
August 18, 2014

“Real Support”

OverallThere are a lot of ticketing companies out there, but what makes Uniiverse stand out is their exceptional customer service. Their team was more than happy to help answer all of our questions and concerns along the way. We had such amazing support, thanks!
August 18, 2014
James C.
Deigner
August 1, 2014

“One less thing to worry about.”

OverallMy clients love using Uniiverse because they can plug the ticket widget right on their site. This is my go-to solution for any projects that need a ticketing management. Highly recommended.
August 1, 2014