Gantter Ratings

Overall

About Gantter

Gantter is a Gantt chart based Project Management software that allows you and your team to create and edit project plans and is fully integrated with google. Gantter is one of the best CPM project management tools in the Google Chrome Web Store that has all the power of leading desktop project management and project scheduling desktop software products like MS Project and with all the advantages of the cloud. It can even read and write MS Project (.MPP files). Learn more about Gantter

Nicole C.
Front Office Operations / Rooms Division Management
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
April 12, 2018

“Excellent tool for Project Management! ”

ProsI was first exposed to this software in a Project Management course I took in college years ago. I loved how Gantter looks and feels just like Google, which made it so easy for me to learn how to use and store all of my files. It also imports Microsoft Project files which is a HUGE benefit for me. I became so well acquainted with the software that I decided to purchase my own subscription of Gantter when I began my career. Not to mention its low cost for a month is very affordable in comparison to similar software I looked into. Today, as a supervisor in the Hospitality Industry I use Gantter for all of my project management needs. I have introduced the software to co-workers who later adopted Gantter as well
ConsI wish that there was a mobile edition available at this time, but I have been told that this will be released later in the year. That would be really cool if that's the case
April 12, 2018
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
June 27, 2019

“One of the easiest ways to make a Gantt Chart in GSuite”

OverallThis used to be the only way to make a gantt chart on Gsuite besides using Google Sheets manually. I used to use this all the time for projects and share out when this was free. Not that it costs money per user, our company went back to using Google Sheets manually or Gantt Project. The Web UI is great and you can share and export in many different ways or as a webpage which is really helpful.
ProsThis software used to be fully free. There are a lot of integrations and the UI looks clean and easy to get going. The webpage sharing feature is great as is the other export methods.
ConsNow that this costs money, I am less inclined to use it. Also, sometimes the dependencies and moving things around takes a while to get used to, but that is Gantters in general.
June 27, 2019
Melanie A.
IT Director and Computer Science Adjunct
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 8, 2019

“Gantter works great for teaching project management!”

OverallIn teaching project management at a University, it is difficult to find a product that all students can use easily and freely to allow learning to happen successfully. Gantter provides all the benefits of the more expensive project management suites with much easier use for everyone.
ProsIt is platform independent and all in the cloud. It is very collaborative and allows quick understanding of managing a project.
ConsOccasionally people have issues installing the first time into their google accounts.
July 8, 2019
David R.
Managing Partner
Internet, 10,001+ employees
November 13, 2018

“Works Great for my Students”

OverallI learned about Gantter from my students as they were working on their Senior Capstone project here at George Mason University. As there is an initiative to promote enterprise level tools and best practices to our students, I have found that Gantter is a perfect balance between ease of use and robust features and gives my students a taste of what to expect in the real world.
ProsCloud based, removes the need to manage software on different platforms and OS's. Integration with MS Project, which helps with student efficiency. As the instructor, I am able to monitor the class progress without interfering with their work. Integration of Risk Management is huge, as it is always challenging to convey the importance of proper risk awareness in an academic setting. Integration with Google is also helpful as it is common that students are already set up to collaborate with their tools.
ConsThere are always challenges when using a web based tool, but Gantter does an admirable job covering the shortcomings of browser based software.
November 13, 2018
Mary H.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 18, 2019

“Gantter for use in VCE Software Development”

OverallWhen we (students and myself) have contacted Gantter Customer service, they have been quick to respond and accommodate. But sometimes the request hasn't followed through and by the time my students visit Gantter again to update their SAT criterion, they've lost access.
ProsThe software is accessible anytime, any place. My past students have stated how easy it is to use and they like it because they use Google Chrome already and like that it is just a Google Add-On. I like it also for it's ease of use and taught as a teaching tool.
ConsThat you only get a limited free subscription. Last year my Y12 students used it and requested an extension but it was not given, so had to re-do their SAT using another project management tool which took time out of their already limited timeframe.
February 18, 2019
ROSS H.
Lecturer
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
October 9, 2019

“Gantter as a classroom based support tool”

OverallThis tool makes teaching more relevant and provides a more enjoyable experience for the students as they can be more interactive than merely reading a book or watching a video. By being involved they gain a far greater understanding of the product and the importance of it.
ProsAn excellent tool that is simplistic to use and very well received by students as simplifies a complex subject and brings it to life in a way the students can better relate to
ConsNothing in particular. Lack of knowledge of intricacies of the product presents some challenges but there is support and students are very intuitive and overcome obstacles
October 9, 2019
Construction, Unspecified
June 8, 2018

“One of the Best software”

OverallFree tool that integrates fully with Google Drive, which makes sharing easy.
ProsThis is Web based Software. It is support Windows and Mac also. We can use this software in more than 15 languages. This is best software for Small business as well as big company.
ConsIt can be sometimes bit slow to open all the projects in same time. Printing is poor - to print large projects I have to export to MSP and then print.
June 8, 2018
Education Management, 201-500 employees
April 17, 2018

“I use this program for my classroom activities. ”

OverallAccessibility. Flexibility. Freedom to use it and skip bureaucracy at state university. I know that there is always a good program that I can relay to. No installation needed. I can open it at any time and any device.
ProsEasy to access in the classroom. The students can develop a project in the classroom and later they can work on the projects from home. This is needed a lot since other programs are not flexible.
ConsIt can be sometimes bit slow to open all the projects in same classroom in Macedonia. We liked the free version.
Rosemary R.
Technology Teacher
May 22, 2018

“Gantter App: this is a feature rich product with much scope for customisation. ”

ProsThis software has capabilities that make it an industry standard - it is an opportunity to built marketable skills in our students before they leave school. It is also instrumental in managing their time.
ConsThe process of adding students to a subscription is cumbersome as only one student can be added at a time. I would like the facility to upload a CSV file of emails directly from our welfare system.
May 22, 2018
Trudy C.
Associate Professor
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
April 6, 2018

“We use this app in our digital media project management courses and to help plan senior projects.”

OverallHelps me teach students how to plan and schedule projects.
Pros- Good way to give students experience using Gantt charts for planning - Easy to learn to use - Integration with Google Drive - Adequate functionality for small to mid-sized project
Cons- Assigning multiple resources to tasks is awkward when effort-driven processing is enabled - Needs better scaling options for chart when creating reports
April 6, 2018
Michael M.
Project Management Trainer
Education Management, 11-50 employees
June 24, 2019

“Gantter - Great for training and ease of use”

OverallI use it as a tool when training people in project management. It is excellent software
ProsI train people in project management at the KZN Business Training Centre in South Africa. I use Gantter in the training for people to capture their projects. I encourage them to continue to use the paid version in their organisations, which probably leads to more uptake of the product. Gantter is easy for learners to grasp in the limited duration of the course, and they love it! It is great for me as the facilitator as they experience great learning and are able to get hands on, and see meaningful results
ConsNothing I don't like - it serves our purposes perfectly
June 24, 2019
Aaron P.
Head of Project Portfolio Management
October 10, 2017

“Regular user. I have managed in excess of 30 projects using Gantter.”

OverallThe ease of use has made it a more accessible project management tool. Because staff can learn to use the tool so easily they have n=been more acceptable to using it than MSP.
ProsFree tool that integrates fully with Google Drive, which makes sharing easy. Easy to learn and use - much easier than MSP and other project tools.
ConsPrinting is poor - to print large projects I have to export to MSP and then print. There is no auto resource levelling which is a weakness if you are managing multiple projects that share the same resources.
October 10, 2017
Jay F.
Commercial Property Manager
October 5, 2017

“Excellent product for gantt charting. Enables me to see my project and its progress at a glance.”

Overall If you're not familiar with gantt charts, it can be difficult to pick up, but this is not a shortcoming of the product.
ProsThis free online tool is invaluable. I especially like how it integrates with Goggle Docs for multi-user functionality. The you-tube tutorials are outstanding and worth checking out.
ConsSometimes, when I return to update, my settings from the last time I entered data are not the same. This MAY be an issue with Google Docs integration.
October 5, 2017
December 20, 2017

“Major usability problems”

OverallLearned more about the alternatives in project management software.
ProsHas all the needed features in an easy-to-understand configuration. Gantt chart, resource tracking, task lists all straightforward and as you'd expect coming from any kind of traditional project management software.
ConsMajor user interface and usability issues, poor support. I struggled with heaps of unnecessary mouse clicks required to perform some operations (or at least unintuitive alternatives that I never discovered). Most grating was that scrolling was completely messed up (on my Mac OSX 10.10.5 with either Chrome or Safari). Scrolling in the main display jittered up and down at random, and trying to scroll back and forth on the Gantt timeline also caused vertical scrolling in the tasks---completely unusable. Trying to find support for these issues also led down infinite rabbit holes of trying to submit a ticket and being told I have no tickets.
December 20, 2017
Jan K.
asistant
April 17, 2018

“Very simple for gant planing”

ProsSimpla nad free software for Gant charts. It also gives the ability to locate resources to tasks.
ConsThe software functionality is limited compared to Microsoft Project. However this tool is free and online.
Fernando Z.
Student
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“Easy to use work”

OverallI'm working on school project and is easy to do the follow up
ProsIt's really easy to start a new project Adding activities is easy and you can view all the activities really quickly
ConsI found it very easy to use, I didn't found any issue so far
December 13, 2018
Leticia B.
Teacher, Project Manager
Education Management, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2018

“It is a friendly and wonderful project management tools”

OverallA web tool that helps to improve my project management classes. Students loves the tool.
ProsI teach project management classes, and It helps to may students to make knowledge tangible and apply what they learn in a real project. The response of the forum is quickly and great
ConsThe tool now has a cost. It could improve some functionalities like cost management, reports, and others, but I am conscious that the are always working in things that people ask to improve.
June 26, 2018
Susan Sunita K.
Marketing Strategist
April 18, 2018

“At our Marketing Agency, we use Gantter to manage internal project plans & work for our clients!”

Pros- The 'Suggest & Assist' feature has helps me create detailed project plans by prompting tasks, risks and resources as I'm typing my task! It gives me the confidence that I haven't overlooked something. - With thousands of community-contributed templates to choose from, I haven't had to start from scratch with any of my project plans! It's saved me so much time. - The Community Forum is full of tips & tricks, and help from peers around the world! I haven't needed to submit a ticket yet, since I always find my answers in the forum. - Everyone on our team uses Google Apps, which made Gantter very familiar and easy to use for us!
ConsPrinting your file can be a little difficult if your plan has a detailed Gantt chart. But there are ways it can be done!
April 18, 2018
Leticia B.
Project Manager Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 6, 2019

“Excelent project management tool”

OverallExcellent
ProsIt´s on the cloud and very similar with Ms. Project Integrated with Google Docs
ConsPortafolio and program management is a weakness
October 6, 2019
Brian S.
ICT Coordinator
April 10, 2018

“I have evaluated this product for use in my Year 9 - 12 Digital Technologies,Programming classes”

OverallGoogle Apps and Drive support Project management intro for students Allows them to break down tasks in a useful and fiunctional manner
ProsIt is linked to Google drive where my student can easily access their charts and manage their projects
ConsNone at the moment but a full scale trial will be done in the second half of this year with all my classes trialling this for their projects
April 10, 2018
Harold C.
Personal docente
Design, Self-employed
August 16, 2019

“The visual work”

ProsThis it's very easy to customize and order the team target
Consnot is compatible with other software about organizations
August 16, 2019
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“Tried to use it, not worthy”

ProsGantter is a tool for project management, although it allows to have several projects the easy of use of the solution is really a pain. Seems to be an old fashioned tools
ConsUser interface is not nice, its sluggy, and does not respond as you expect. Not recommended.
March 5, 2019
Mike H.
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2018

“High Quality Inexpensive Project Tool”

OverallI'm a consultant who uses Gantter for my client projects and have now have clients using it.
Pros1) Work Breakdown process is easy and mimics other popular tools. 2) Task Types - handles fixed duration, units or work. 3) Resources - Easy to assign and customize the calendars of resources. 4) Constrains - Effectively handles constraints. 5) Critical Path - Highlights critical path. 6) Gantt Chart - Easily cusomizable. 7) Easy to learn and teach others 8) Price - This is the best part, it's too cheap to turn down!
ConsReporting is not extensive. Can't filter tasks.
December 5, 2018
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
11-50 employees
June 13, 2018

“Great tool for project management. It got the work done just fine...”

ProsWe used this tool for a little time at the office. It was very easy to use. I remember we found all the features we where looking for, specially for creating Gantt charts. And of course, it integrates with Google Drive, so we can share projects and files with everyone in the company.
ConsWe had several issues printing Gantt charts (a resource we use A LOT!), plus the fact that there was no mobile app forced us to keep looking for other solutions...
June 13, 2018
David P.
Lecturer
April 26, 2018

“Great gantt chart tool for projects”

ProsThis was a useful site for generating Gantt charts for project management and scheduling. It is very intuitive and easy to use for students who've never made a Gantt chart before.
ConsThe ability to integrate into more online project management websites. Having two different websites for project information is not very efficient if you're using another tool as well.
April 26, 2018
Ruggero G.
December 9, 2016

“Simple but effective project management software”

OverallIt a sort of simpler version of MS Project. It allows the creation of Gantt diagrams and monitoring the progress of the project and the resource usage. It is fully compatible with MS Project and allows online collaboration of team members. Very easy to use and appropriate for simple to medium complexity projects.
December 9, 2016
Guilherme S.
Professor
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees
October 22, 2018

“Best cloud Guntter”

Pros*easily.turn it in and start to use, Totally friendly
ConsReload time , some times is hard Shark the project
October 22, 2018
Camila A.
Asistente de ventas
May 10, 2018

“Find out what's happening in your projects”

ProsIt is a software that allows you to be aware of everything that happens in a project in a super organized and deconstructed way
ConsBeing a project management software, I think it is important to synchronize with Gmail and, sometimes, this functionality fails
May 10, 2018
Daniel R.
Consultor Jr
201-500 employees
July 18, 2018

“ It has helped me a lot when creating the planning of my degree project”

Pros The fact of not having to download the application to be able to make my gantt diagrams and my plans, as well as the inclusion of google contacts for sending information and assigning activities. The inclusion of the gantter as a complement to google drive where I can save all the documentation and planning so that it can be shared and modified by all the users involved with my planning. Compatibility with programs such as Microsoft project and the ability to export to various formats such as Xml, PDF and JPG
Cons Sometimes it is a bit annoying the way in which the same program handles the times of the tasks, having many options more than versatile makes it a little difficult to use the application and how it automatically makes changing dates almost impossible. perform simple planning.
July 18, 2018
Katherine A.
Business Developer
11-50 employees
April 30, 2018

“It provides an easy way to build simple Gantt charts”

ProsIt's very easy to learn how to use it, and it's very helpful for managing small projects and making follow up
ConsIt's connected to Google Drive for sharing, but I wasn't able to share a project with any of my coworkers
April 30, 2018