Close Ratings

Overall

About Close

Close is a sales productivity platform built to help you close more deals. With built-in calling, SMS, and emailyour team can communicate with prospects and customers all in one place. Its an all-in-one platform which you can use standalone without needing any other sales emails tools or calling products. Close is cloud-based, affordable, easy to learn and comes with straight-forward pricing, which makes it the perfect fit for small and midsize businesses. Plans start at $65/user/month. Learn more about Close

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2016

“Highly Recommend It ”

OverallI can tell you that I have used over 20 different CRM systems over the past 10 years. We do a tone of cold calling and we need to just blaze through calls fast and I never could find CRM that allowed us to do this. I was so frustrated that I needed up even creating our own CRM just to do this very thing. I can't tell you how much money I spent in development of our CRM to make a product that blazes through calls fast. We used that for about a year or two then I stumbled on because our in-house custom CRM was having problems and we didn't have the resources to fix it so I figured I would try again. I cannot tell you how incredibly excited I am about how amazing Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. truly is. This CRM is unlike any product on the market it is exactly what we wanted our in-house product to be and more. It's so awesome we scrapped our in house product and started exclusively using Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead.. You do not truly have an appreciation for "next gen" this thing really is, there is literally nothing like it on the market and honestly I'm a bit shocked no one seems to get the amazing this thing is. This is a pure sales communication tool that cuts out all the BS of a CRM and is a real actual tool that a sales person can use to increase their sales and not just some data collection thing that salespeople are forced to you. If you actually give a go and start using it you'll never want to use anything else if you do cold calling. The thing seamlessly interfaces all your calls AND even all your emails! You no longer need to be jumping in and out of outlook, you don't need to check your outlook or Gmail calendar, and you don't need to do anything except pull up the Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. and do the stuff in your inbox and make money. It pulls in not only your tasks, and follow up meetings but it also syncs your emails and voicemail sand phone calls. It takes every single bit of communication you do and puts it in one quick "to do list" automatically with ZERO data entry. It's blazing fast and it just works. The voicemail drop thing is really dope, I can't tell you how many times a day I find myself having to leave voice mails for people, they have this thing that you hit a button and it automatically leaves a voicemail so you can go to the next call, just amazing in terms of productivity.
ProsThere are too many to list - If you do cold calls this is a no brainier, you need to buy it today! It support The best apps. Better together. as well which means it hooks into hundreds of other marketing tools also. Their support is second to none, these guys seems to be hustling hard with support, product development and just providing a kick ass experience for their customers. I recommend this product.
ConsThis thing is EXPENSIVE.. but the truth is you get what you pay for and you geta lot. Your paying for the best and it has a price tag which clearly says it's the best because it's more than double the cost of other competitive products. The downside is though I have 3 team members and I'm paying close $300 to $400 a month for 3 people that's crazy considering there are other products that do VoIp with Twillio for less than $10 a user. So I went from paying $50 a month for CRM and $80 for Twillio VoIP($180) to $300 a month. So my prices doubled, which sucked however after using this product it is worth the extra price but if they raise the prices anymore that is just pushing because it really his priced rather high for the market it's in. Even the enterprise "SForce" CRMs are not as expensive as that (course those CRMssuck compared to this when it comes to cold calling). The problem is I can't easily scale with it. So I'll be stuck with a 3 users fora while where if they had it at a lower price point I would buy a license fore very one of my staff but since it's so expensive I can't justify it for anyone but my sales people. I think they are missing out on revenue by not having license does not have the VoIP stuff for like $5 a user so my support team could use it without VoIP and be on par with other CRM price points. It's clear though this is a nitch product for telephone sales teams. SO that being said if you do not do a lot of phone sales then this product is probably overkill for you and there are many others that are more of "client manager"type of product where this bad boy is a pure sales beast and nothing else.. It will help increase your sales without a doubt! In terms of client management and being asingle point for all customer data it does the job but it does not really do that any better than other products out on the market for half its cost. It's really the phone cold calling stuff is what makes it so awesome so if any other CRM companies ever figure this out and try to clone/copy it they will have some real competition but so far there is nothing like it and I would buy all over again! Also I really never write reviews either so the fact I'm even doing this speaks to much this thing rocks!
March 31, 2016
Joshua F.
Co-founder
1-10 employees
March 17, 2015

“It's like magic”

OverallWe have a startup focused in ticket sales for events in Mexico. We were looking for in-depth data of our salesmen and to make easier for them to keep track of their clients by client type. We used a CRM (highrise), but the data it gave us was no longer enough to know more about whether the size and type of clients - and opportunities - our sales team were generating was the right kind given our current strategy. We initially requested a trial by importing a subset of random data of our former CRM but we felt this was not useful, because not all of those imported leads were relevant to us at the moment. When support from close.io gave us the option to extend our trial period, we deleted all of the previous leads and instead started adding new leads into the platform. That's when we notice the main strong point of close.io: by adding our first lead's email, within seconds we had a full history of each email we exchanged in the past. The desktop app works like a charm. Also, when you have a small sales team like ours, it's great to add a lead and check if one of your teammates already make a contact. Finally, it's amazing how easy is to categorize leads, we even use it to keep track of investors, allies and competitors. The call feature is also a huge breath of fresh air into a follow-up process. The fact you can make calls straight from the app, that those calls get recorded and also get tracked into a lead's history ensures automatic track of almost every kind of interaction with a lead. In our case, although we tried it and it worked great, we won't make use of it because our small office space forces us to do calls by getting outside the office, and given our internet connection is not that solid we will keep making calls the way we are right now and evaluate a full switch later. In a few words: if you have a small sales team and you want to make them doing more closing and less data insertion into follow-up tools, consider switching to close.io
ProsThe email auto-tracking is by far the the tool of close.io. The fact you can create a lead and it automatically brings all of the history of emails you exchanged with them gives a lot more insight and visibility into salesman follow-up performance. Also, the call feature; if you have a strong internet connection, and especially if you're a startup and your salespeople is constantly on the run. Support also responds very quickly to feedback, which made a lot easier the switch from our former CRM.
ConsFor our business, it´s very important to do bulk imports. However, the tool does not let you to opt out of duplicating leads, which makes us take longer to "curate" each file we want to import.
March 17, 2015
Anna K.
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 14, 2015

“Close.io for therapists, tutors and coaches”

OverallI have been looking at various CRM's for my private practice. I provide online therapy for speech, language and learning. Close.io impressed me with its rich features and customizations. I loved the fact that Close.io works perfectly for one person. So many of the other CRMs are for sales teams.
ProsEverything functioned flawlessly on the first try. I was able to set it up to use my domain name email. I imported all my contacts from Gmail. I could add customizations that would make it easy to keep track of my clients. The search function knocked my socks off! I couldn't remember the name of a certain funding agency. Just by entering the client's name, it gave me the funding agency. Close.io was created for people trying to make an initial sale. I keep my clients three or four years and they often need a break from therapy for a few months. It was easy for me to give clients a status, such as "paused" or "completed goals". I was able to collect leads from my Wordpress website using Planso Forms. These create a new lead in Close.io. The options to add a phone line and bulk email surprised me. I haven't seen this in any other CRMs. I can create email templates and send out messages to groups of people using my domain name email. The messages are plain text, which is just right for smart phones. I tried out the phone function on my computer. I have been using Magic Jack, and getting complaints from clients about MJ. The Close.io phone line is from Twilio and is much clearer. By installing the app on my phone, I can have a second phone number on my cell and I don't have to give clients my personal number.
ConsI'm in Canada. I wish the price wasn't so high, especially with the exchange rate. As an online therapy provider, I also have to pay for a telepractice platform and an online scheduler. If Close.io offered integration with Verishow and Accuity Scheduling, they would be able to offer a complete virtual office for online therapists, tutors, and coaches.
October 14, 2015
Varun K.
System Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 21, 2018

“The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.”

ProsWe use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.
ConsWhen importing the prospects from a CSV if there are duplicates in the file, it doesn't detect that and gets added just like an other contact. There are no option to segment the contact in to different categories.
September 21, 2018
April 24, 2016

“Best CRM for managing relationships”

OverallLove how simple Close.IO is. There's one list of contacts , and then an infinite ways of segmenting the data after that in powerful ways. It's a very powerful concept, and they do it in a way that makes it super easy to manage lists of leads/clients/whatever, and to help make sure you're on top of it. They do this, however, in my opinion, by sacrificing features available in other top CRMs, some that seem like they should just be there. For us it has been worthwhile nonetheless.
ProsBy far the easiest and most intuitive way to manage relationships that I've come across. If it's a big struggle for you to have a bunch of lists of leads, and with your limited time you struggle to stay on top of each and every one of them, then Close.IO is awesome. It has helped us make sure none fall through the cracks, and does that in a way where I don't have to think about it. It just lets me know. Integration through Zapier also brings it to another level of automating workflows.
ConsIt's missing some features that other CRMs have, especially for the price. Although the 'smart views' (how you segment the contacts into different lists) is really really awesome and VERY powerful, there are some limitations that sound like should be there but are just missing (e.g. having different default columns per 'smart view', which sounds like a given to me since someone cares about different data depending on if the contact is a cold lead, qualified lead, or client). Instead now I have a bunch of columns that some people within my company don't care about but are just confusing to them. Also, you have to get the pro/business to get several features that I initially expected would be part of the main one, e.g. there's not a single report that can draw a graph to visually get at-a-glance info of any kind in the basic version. They also don't post their roadmap openly, so I have no idea what features will be coming. So in this respect it feels slightly like an incomplete product, but as mentioned, worth it for how incredibly well they execute the main function we need it for (effectively managing relationships/lists of contacts for both sales and client relationships).
April 24, 2016
February 14, 2019

“Not a CRM”

OverallIn the end it's very expensive for a bulk lead calling tool.
ProsThis is a great tool if you are just bulk burning through new biz leads and have a fast sales cycle. the calling through Close.io is great, call recording great, ability to create custom lists for lead calling also great
ConsThis is not a CRM period! I would only recommend this if you were integrating it with a dedicated CRM system. The notes are chaotic and very difficult to look back through history and find important past conversations. There is no ability to do ANY form of contract management once a customer is closed and there is also no ability to attach anything to the opportunity info. So if you have a relevant presentation or any documentation relevant to a potential sale you best save it in a google drive and make a custom field to stick the link in.
February 14, 2019
Dean P.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
November 3, 2016

“Great CRM for Early Stage Companies”

OverallFor an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective. Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there. My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion.
ProsI really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.
ConsContact and lead management could be slightly improved. Unmerging leads is not possible from what I can understand so be careful not to merge the wrong leads. Also if your working specific verticals, it's nice to be able to port a contact from one lead to another should they have switched companies but that's not a possibility either.

By Elastic on November 10, 2016
Thanks, Dean, we're happy that our inside sales CRM is serving you well! We've passed your feedback on to the product team.
November 3, 2016
Jordan L.
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2016

“Rigid structure means only certain sales processes fit (adaptations to all processes are necessary to use effectively)”

OverallOverall, Close.io is a B2B CRM where each client has only a few main contacts and they all go through a specific, well-defined process, regardless of whether or not the deal is closed. It's a very expensive platform, especially if you want calling features, so keep that in mind. My two cents: you should assess how well Close.io meets your needs before deciding that this is the right CRM (vs. a different CRM or a custom CRM if you're at higher volumes). Once you decide that it's worth exploring, my recommendation is to figure out how much you'll be paying in annual costs vs. a custom CRM implementation. Close.io pretty much won't prioritize features for you, so if you need anything custom done, I recommend going somewhere else.
Pros- Easy to get started - Easy to import leads - Easy to keep track of how everyone at your organization is interacting with the client - Pretty simple, but effective reporting
Cons- Expensive - Low quality call audio - Low customization - Rigid sales structure set-up
Recommendations to other buyersThis has to make sense for your sales process and the way you wish to manage your sales team. After you begin setting up, you'll be able to tell pretty quickly if this is (a) a short term solution, (b) an interim solution, or (c) not an appropriate solution for your process.
September 28, 2016
James T.
Online Media, Unspecified
March 10, 2015

“Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using”

OverallClose.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other.
ProsThe features that helped us the most: -real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way. -recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go back and actually hear what the customer said on the call two months ago. So much better than just notes, especially if there is every a disagreement. - Support is amazing. Always very responsive and timely and walked us through our limited implementation issues, (see below). Additionally, they are always improving the app, so about the time I suggest an option I'd like to see it is already slated to be rolled out.
ConsNot really any cons to speak of, but we had a couple issues at first: - call quality was poor. This was due to trying to use a wireless connection and after switching everyone over to wired, it went away. So while not an app problem, something to consider if you or your team work remotely. -Some merging issues when pulling lead data from our web form. Again, this was not an app problem so much as a developer problem on our end, but it was a headache for a couple days none the less.
March 10, 2015
Nick P.
Head of Growth
March 9, 2015

“A modern sales platform optimized for outreach”

OverallWhile Close.io is a CRM by definition, I consider it more of a sales platform. I consider it as a platform because of it's flexible and rich API that allows you to customize any component. Close.io is a fantastic tool that teams should use for interacting with their customers. With built-in call and email integration, Close.io is designed for salesperson outreach. It eliminates unnecessary data entry, and is the perfect companion for any sales team using the "Predictable Revenue" (A book by Aaron Ross) approach to sales. All activity (calls, emails, lead status changes) is automatically tracked, leaving the sales rep to just write contextual notes for each activity. The automatic tracking of activity leads sales managers to easily determine how much activity yields certain sales results. Those answers are the holy grail when it comes to building a scalable sales process.
Pros- Built-in call and email integration. - Flexible and powerful API w/ great documentation. - Dynamic lead lists (called "Smart Views") powered through search. - Native Mac and WIndows apps. - Responsive support team. - Custom fields
Cons- Costly for budget conscious teams. (But not less expensive than Salesforce and like platforms) - No native mobile apps yet. (Not recommended for outside sales teams)
August 7, 2018

“Close.io Review”

ProsI like that you are able to track all forms of communication with a potential business. You can crack phone calls, notes, text messages all in the order that you had the conversation with your business. I also like that you are allowed to send text messages to business if they are hard to get a hold of via phone call.
ConsI think that they could have better integration with other platforms. Our support team uses fresh desk and fresh chat as their source of emails and chats and with no integration it makes it hard for the support person to see the conversation that goes on between the sale person and the customer without having close.io open.
August 7, 2018
Tayler U.
Director of Systems
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2019

“Close helps you close. ”

OverallThe sales team uses close everyday. It has helped us stay organized, keep customer data up to date and stay on top of opportunities.
Pros-Easy for the team to use. -Calling system is great -Fast customer Service. -Call recording is fantastic. -Easy onboarding
Cons-Reporting is lacking for what we need. We would like to see more detailed reporting. -Company Hierarchy. No way to easily setup parent and child companies - Limited field for opportunities -Smartviews are difficult to use. - Few direct Integrations.
July 16, 2019
Bronne B.
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
June 4, 2019

“Far Superior to Salesforce”

OverallI just want anyone reading this to know that I went from using Close to using Salesforce. Originally I didn't think Close was anything particularly special, because I hadn't tried out any other CRMs. Working with Salesforce has made me change my mind completely - Close is a far superior product.
ProsExtremely intuitive, clean and smooth. Intelligently designed and sets you and your employees up with a great work flow to stay organized
ConsThe view set ups can take some getting used to (IF, OR, AND) but once you have it figured out your workflow will go so smoothly.
June 4, 2019
Jordan T.
Cancellations Manager
December 14, 2018

“Great Sales Tracking Management”

OverallClose.io is great for tracking leads and customer bases and the communication timeline as well.
ProsMy favorite thing about Close.io is the ability to add custom fields that help with reporting and overall ease of use. Also being able to call directly from the software and have the calls recorded and task creations are very simple.
ConsThe user interface could use some improvement. The flow of things can sometimes get a little chaotic so creates extra time to learn the system.
December 14, 2018
JASON M.
Senior Sales and Marketing Manager
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2016

“The future looks bright with Close.IO”

OverallI have used Close.IO at my past company and this is the only CRM that I can endorse. When I told my team that I was going to update the current CRM tool I was met with a lot of questions and concerns. After showing the video on the Close.IO site and taking questions for about 20 mins my team was buying into the idea of changing over. I was also able to prove to them that there would be a minimum of an hour that each of them would save a day, so that peaked their interest. Then as we ramped up for the change the nervousness kicked in again, so I made sure to stage the rollout in an effort to handle all questions in a controlled manner and prepare for more users. The employees were blown away by the ease of use! And I was impressed at just how smooth it all went. Being a tech guy my learning curve is quick, but from employees in their 20's-50's we had a hugely successful transition into Close.IO. While my team is still early in the game, about 3 weeks into Close, we are seeing AMAZING results. One of my sales guys is up 50% in his personal sales! Others are up 10-20%. My entire team has said that they cannot wait to see what the future holds as we are continuing to find more ways to improve our process. Close.IO has convinced my team that it is the choice CRM tool.
ProsAutomation and their inbox is a huge pro. Their search feature is arguably the best anyone could ask for. We are still discovering search tricks. GREAT ROI! A great help page on the Close.IO site for finding suggestions and troubleshooting.
ConsWe did have a tough time with our firewall when first setting up Close.IO, so make sure to include your Network Admin in the conversation of switching to Close.IO early on in the process. Sometimes getting someone on the phone can be a challenge, but email and scheduling a call have never been a problem.
February 12, 2016
Samantha L.
Marketing & Social Media
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
December 11, 2018

“Works as promised”

OverallClose has been great and their customer support is really awesome.
ProsClose is an easy way to keep track of leads and customers alike. We can set tasks, see who is calling, and have visibility to communication the client has had with other people in the company.
ConsI really don't have many complaints. One tiny nitpicky thing: the icon in my tool bar continues to bounce even after someone else has answered a call. It can get confusing.
December 11, 2018
Computer Software, Unspecified
March 18, 2018

“A must-have for sales”

ProsAs a huge fan, I have nothing but great things to say. Some of the biggest wins: -Fast interface -Robust and extremely powerful search tools -Syncs with gmail (IMAP) perfectly. -Ability to set custom SMTP servers for outbound email, while maintaining sync for inbound. -Excellent support team -Custom variables for leads. Allows sales team to get additional key insights -Tasks manager and assignment
ConsOnly one feature that I can currently think of that I'd love to see and that's the ability to add custom fields to contacts within a lead.
March 18, 2018
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2016

“Great for Team Alignment”

OverallWe're not the "target market" for most of the sales management solutions out there. We just needed something that could let us keep track of key accounts easily, give us a snapshot, and keep everyone on the same page..... and specifically me as a CEO to be able to bullshit check what the sales people are saying is the status of accounts (because now I can read all the emails and notes related to the account). Priceless. We liked it so much, that we started another "organization" to keep track of our Series A fundraising... so we know where every investor is in the process, who has gotten what info, etc.
ProsFlexible - easily tweaked Not overkill
ConsNo mobile interface - nobody in our company sits at a desk and "does sales"... we are all on the road on jumping meeting to meeting, so it would have been awesome to have an app version or a more user friendly mobile version.
November 2, 2016
Martin A.
January 27, 2016

“Has worked really well”

OverallWe run an online insurance comparison site in Colombia. We generate leads through our website that we have to close by phone and mail. A sales cycle is in average for around 20 days. Our requirements were: 1. Scalable (Apt for Small and Medium Businesses) 2. B2C focus 3. Lead integration 4. Mail integration 5. Phone integration (including possibility to store calls) 6. Easy to use 7. Reminders 8. Spanish would be a plus 9. Good and fast ROI I studied 36 different options before making my choice and I demoed 6. My finalists were Pipedrive and Close.io. But I found Close.io being the better one. It's really fast and easy to use and very easy to adapt as we want. So far I'm very happy. The only things so far is that it's a little bit complicated to get a Colombian phone number but that's not Close.io's fault. It's because of the carriers here. The other was the Spanish but it wasn't sch a big problem since you can name many things yourself. It excelled in everything else. It also seems to be easy to export the day we decide to swith to another platform (if we do).
ProsFast and easy to set up. Great customer service. Transparent costs.
ConsMaybe I would like it to work better in mobile. But that's mainly for me and not for my sales team. But apart from that I can't fin any cons.
January 27, 2016
Josh C.
Product Development
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
October 18, 2018

“Turns you into a selling machine”

OverallOnce you catch the vision for Close.io, it doubles your productivity in sales.
ProsClose.io shines in two ways-- no data entry and the follow up system. No data entry means that it's reading your emails and syncing the CRM with the activity. You can also call through their phone number and it logs your phone calls to the CRM. Follow up system. Following up until you get a No is key to sales success. Close.io builds this in to the CRM so that you see who to follow up everyday and can jus work down the list.
ConsI don't think of Close.io as having data integration with other services on a first class level. May be wrong, but that's my impression.
October 18, 2018
Yevgeniy S.
Computer Software, Unspecified
June 14, 2018

“Great solution for medium sales teams”

ProsWe've used close.io for a few years for our sales team. It has nearly any feature that you'll need. It has incredibly good system for follow ups and sales tracking.
ConsThis is not really needed when you have just a couple of salespersons and price starting from per mo is really high.
June 14, 2018
Insurance, Unspecified
May 10, 2018

“Great simple CRM that we actually use”

ProsClose integrates all of our customer communication into one place to make it really easy to use. Because it integrates with calling and email, most communication gets automatically logged so there isn't that annoying extra step. And because we're already in it while interacting with customers, adding notes is natural. The result is a CRM system that is up to date and gets used.
ConsI'd like prettier reporting. The reporting screen basically counts and filters to give a table of results. I would love to have this visualize pipelines and allow us to drill down on results in a more visual way.
May 10, 2018
Shaun L.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
January 11, 2018

“One of the best CRMs”

OverallOne of the best crms I have ever used
ProsIt pretty much has every feature built into it. Very simple to use and easy to look at. Very fast and boots quick
ConsDashboard could be a bit better but very easy to set it up for great lead generation Must download the application
January 11, 2018
Justin G.
Director of Sales
11-50 employees
March 9, 2015

“Excellent - Would recommend to anyone building a sales team”

OverallI have tried out a handful of CRMs, and they all have their pros and cons. I've found Close.io to be the best and most flexible CRM for our growing sales team (It has grown with us as our sales team tripled in size). There are two things I particularly love: The first is the timeline / history of interaction with a customer. It makes it super easy to quickly get caught up on a relationship with a client before talking to them. When trying to close a deal or when a customer has a problem, this has been invaluable. We have also connected Close.io to our support ticketing system, so I can track all communication (even non sales) that a customer has with our company which is a big help. The second thing I really like is the one touch call / email. It makes it extremely easy to communicate with the customers and saves me time. Although to be fair, there is also room for improvement. It is a little bit challenging to manage your emails completely from Poll Everywhere as it's hard to track all inbound emails. I also wish they would improve the way they organize their email templates. After you have a few sales reps each with their own templates, the list can grow very quickly. Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons and I would definitely recommend Close.io to anyone looking for a CRM.
ProsHistory of interaction with customer, one touch communication, live help chat
ConsManaging inbound emails and email templates
Chhavi B.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 16, 2018

“Best inside sales CRM out there!”

ProsI like their all in one feature package - outreach can be done via call, sms, email. Each feature is beautifully designed. I also really like Smart Views
ConsNo cons really. It's a little more expensive than other CRMs out there - but I totally understand because the features they provide at this price point eliminates need for any other app in my sales workflow.
September 16, 2018
Robert A.
Marketing
November 7, 2017

“Close.io treated me well”

ProsSuper simple for making phone calls and sending emails. Easy workflows for inside sales reps, you can make a lot of calls quickly.
ConsThe reporting is pretty barebones, but I know that's something they've been bulking up over time.
November 7, 2017
Kyle S.
VP of Multi Unit and Franchise System Growth
June 6, 2016

“No Fluff”

OverallIf you don't have a super complicated sales cycle this is perfect. Great out of the box solution for any start up and small business. This is versatile enough to rock for SaaS start ups just starting out looking for customer feedback and product market fit or easily scaled to manage a small powerful team to start scaling.
ProsEasy to use, easy to build "smart views" (no complicated list building) to knock out activities in batches so you can be hyper efficient. You don't have to overthink the perfect stack of SaaS Sales empowerment tools and can move forward with call recordings, cadences, and pre built reporting.
ConsGuard rails prevent you from connecting it to any platform. (Salesforce works with everything but costly to learn and run but does let you customize). Not a con unless you are hyper advanced and are looking to control everything.
June 6, 2016
November 18, 2018

“Most your organization will ask, "why aren't we using Salesforce?"”

OverallSkip it.
ProsGreat if you have the patience and developments resources to help you customize everything. API is good, but for most non-enterprise organizations, who has time to be messing with APIs? Built in VoIP is a nice feature, but do your math and make sure the price is worth it.
Cons- Searching for data is near impossible. Can't filter for anything logically without getting into "raw queries," so you better be half an engineer if you want to search for anything. - Reporting is a joke. The reporting tools might as well not exist. Be prepared to ask developers to leverage the API and sync into some other tool. - No matter what they may sell you, it's a CRM best used with small sales teams. It's not for account management or companies that expect anyone without an engineering degree to figure out how to analyze the data inside of it.
November 18, 2018
March 7, 2019

“Good For A Small Sales Team, in The Early Days”

OverallOn a larger scale, Close becomes really impractical. Sales agents lose track of contacts, there's no meaningful data analysis that can be done because of a lack of tagging and order. It's a good package to start out with, but I find that companies move along quickly for more powerful and useful products.
Pros- really easy to use - stripped down to the bare minimum, not many tabs for the sales team to navigate - new email chain function is impractical as it's a manual task to set up for so few sales contacts - customer support a few years ago was bad but has improved greatly - price
Cons- hard to extract data in a meaningful way. The search functionality is quite rudimentary - data analysis is barely existent - insufficient tagging - feels like a doctored spreadsheet with nicer formatting but less usability
March 7, 2019
Chris R.
marketer
Education Management, 11-50 employees
February 28, 2019

“The best CRM I've used”

OverallUsed it daily as a sales rep and it made managing everyone and seeing all communication simple and allowed me to spend less time tinkering and more time closing sales. It does a great job of getting out of the way so you can focus on what's important.
ProsSo uncomplicated and straightforward to use. CRMs can be a real pain, and this one is a joy.
ConsAlthough it's packed with value, it's still pricey compared to competitors. However, if you can do it, I still recommend it.
February 28, 2019
October 31, 2018

“Great CRM that understands its user”

OverallI would advise this product to anyone, the pricing is correct, the product is great and does not try to lock you in but retains you through customer satisfaction.
ProsThe simplicity yet power of this CRM system is exactly what a growing company needs. It is also fantastic that the product comes with an API that can help to automate your tasks and connect the CRM to other products.
ConsThe user interface of the emails could be smarter and give a better oversight!
October 31, 2018
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
May 9, 2018

“Close.io is a common sense simplistic software platform that streamlines my entire day.”

OverallClose.io is simple software package that incorporated "common sense" into their sales process to help drive efficiencies in a sales persons daily outbound and inbound activity. Close.io allows me to make phone calls quicker, take notes, send emails & text messages in one simple to use UI.
ProsI love that I can make phone calls out of Close.io using my contact information for any given prospect. It integrates with my email system and captures all my outbound and inbound email traffic and keeps a record of it. The UI is also simple and the sales workflow is better streamlined then saleforce.com in my opinion. I wasn't a fan in the beginning, but after about 2 weeks I loved it's functionality and ease of use.
ConsIt took me a while to get adjusted to their process methodology and in the beginning found it cumbersome and clunky.
May 9, 2018
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

“Powerful DUmb Tool”

OverallSales. Closing. This is what CLose IO is best for. If you want it to do complicated tasks it would start breaking up and tearing down into nothing. For smile and dial, this is the best.
ProsLove the fact that I can power dial a bunch of people and drop voice mails. This is a godsend for my team.
ConsStupid workflows, automations were really horrible and was set up poorly by the agent who worked and never was working correctly for 9 months.
Isaiah E.
Co-founder, Director
June 17, 2018

“A modern and functional touch to CRM”

ProsComing from Salesforce and other CRM services, Close.io shines a much needed light for our sales team. They follow industry standards and have every feature that I've been used to having. I incredibly appreciate the ability to call and track phone calls directly from the app.
ConsThe desktop app is where it's all at, but I would appreciate a more fine-tuned web and mobile app considering what we pay and what other services offer.
June 17, 2018
Tedi A.
Entrepreneur
Insurance, Self-employed
December 19, 2018

“A Waste!!”

OverallHorrific. I am here to warn others. Do NOT get yourself wrapped up with them. It is a horrific experience! They are there for one purpose and one purpose alone: to extort you, in any way they can find, for your credit card. They don't even hide it.
ProsThis software was a colossal waste!! DO NOT waste your time or money!! I used this software for less than a week before they were snooping around dictating my business practices and interrupting my business transactions. I am absolutely disgusted by this service. I tried to get get a hold of the sales rep 5 (FIVE) times and each and every time it goes to voicemail. They don't work weekends and wont answer you on weekends, so don't bother. They will email you a week later and if there are technical difficulties, they absolutely will not talk to you in a timely manner, they will just shut your acount down. THEN they tried to extort me for my credit card in reward for their terrible sales and joke in the form of what they call "tech support/customer service". Ridiculous! I lost so much money dealing with them! It was a horrific experience!
ConsThe joke they call "customer service/tech support". It's an extortion scheme!
December 19, 2018
Juan V.
GM
Automotive, 1-10 employees
November 5, 2018

“Best CRM I have used!”

ProsThe best CRM tool I have used, loved the interface that is literally all in one, recorded calls to review of my teams sales calls. Texts emails etc.
ConsNone! Best CRM system I've used! Definitely recommend
November 5, 2018
Linus L.
Internet, Unspecified
May 20, 2015

“Awesome product with a great search centric approach”

OverallAt Duma Works, a Kenya based recruitment startup, we use close.io to keep track of all of our customer relations, existing and potential. Apart from that we're also using it as a multi-tool for everything from fundraising to recruitment. The search centric approach makes it easy to create any type of customised list of leads and treat them differently based on their unique characteristics. The ability to add custom fields to all leads in combination with the bulk email feature makes it possible to easily send hundreds of personalised emails in seconds. I would recommend close.io to anyone who wants to maintain and grow a database of contacts, be it customers, candidates or investors.
Pros- Easy to create customised lead views and send personalised bulk emails - Stripped down feature set, only contains what's necessary - Extremely easy to get started, no advanced setup necessary - Great support and response time from the team at close.io
Cons- I lack the ability to track meetings, it's the only part of the sales funnel that I can't follow up on - I lack the ability to mark notifications as unread
May 20, 2015
Joe G.
VP of Marketing & International Business Development
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2019

“The best CRM for small-team sales pros”

OverallClose is very cool because setting up a personalized workflow & follow-up sequence got me focused on what I need to do next without wasting mental energy on figuring it all out anew every week.
ProsI can search my database by notes I've made, or specific actions like calls on a certain date. And, then set up a workflow & follow-up sequence accordingly.
ConsSetting up a personalized workflow & follow-up sequence takes a long time, but once it's done, it saves lots of time. The email marketing feature needs improvement.
February 26, 2019
Margaret L.
Co-founder & CEO
1-10 employees
March 8, 2015

“Close.io is absolutely awesome to manage your fund raising ”

OverallWe use Close.io to manage our fund raising and we absolutely love it! It's been amazing to manage our database of investors, track our communication with potential investors, and classify each of them based on the opportunity and likelihood we will get the investment from them. It's much easier to track who responded and when to do the follow-up. Close.io is very user-friendly, and very intuitive. We love that it adds all past emails with the investors! It has been so easy to share the emails with my co-founder. We will definitely use it to manage our customers when we are ready to start selling.
Pros- It's easy to use. - It can easily search for past emails and share the status with other members because it integrates all the emails and calls with the leads to the platform. - It allows to add tasks and set up alarms. - Great tool to organize the database, rank potential customers/investors, and size the opportunities.
Cons- I would suggest the users to use a isolated microphone because some times we have eco in the calls.
March 8, 2015
Gabe J.
Strategic Partnership Manager
Information Services, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2018

“I use close.io and love the updates that they keep making”

OverallKeeps sales focused on relevant tasks rather than wasting time on housekeeping tasks
ProsIt makes the sales team at my company so much more efficient and keeps them focused on relevant tasks rather than wasting time on housekeeping tasks
ConsSome small learning curve for some of the more advanced features.
September 26, 2018
51-200 employees
April 2, 2015

“Will you marry me?”

OverallI LOVE this solution. It's extremely flexible which is crucial for our company of 80. With our HQ in Europe, and a sales team poised to expand rapidly worldwide, we needed the ability to "speak" to each other by having access to all leads in the system and their history. Right now we are piloting Close.io here in the U.S. with a couple of sales people also trying it in Europe. We integrated our incoming leads from our system into close.io via Zapier and all communication via Gmail. It was a snap! Also, the support team can CC or BCC close.io on crucial matters via the ticket system and sales can now see all important transactions in one place. Just in a few short months Sales productivity has changed dramatically, and basically, I'm a happier person, which is good for everyone!
ProsEasy to use interface. Nice upgrade with the html in the email function! Integration with the phone is great!
ConsFix the Tasks function to be more user friendly. allow us the hide the custom fields so we don't need to scroll through them all when assigning data.
April 2, 2015
Ali S.
Photography, Unspecified
March 23, 2015

“Increases the chance of closing a deal”

OverallMy team and I began using Close.io to close deals via the calling & Email features they have implemented into the software. We imported our leads very easily, and managed to start closing deals with potential clients. Close.io is a unique product that allows you to manage multiple streams that increases the chance of closing a deal.
ProsCalling feature, Tracked emails, Work with multiple team members on closing deals. Biggest feature is the app you can download via the app store or from the close.io website, makes things super easy to manage. The Smart views and sorting filters are very useful in managing multiple leads. The support team is incredible! I've never experienced such support with any other company.
ConsOnly issue I ran into is when grouping leads under a specific category which has to be done manually in the spreadsheets, but I spoke with the support team and gave me step by step to resolve this issue.
March 23, 2015
Jason J.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 8, 2017

“Awesome Integration of VOIP, Autodialers, and Voice Drop”

ProsI've evaluated a lot of CRM's and Close.io is one of my absolute favorites. If you need to make a lot of calls their dialer and integrated telephony features are some of the best available.
ConsPretty Expensive especially if you already have another VOIP provider. Unless something has changed recently you miss out on a lot of standard VOIP features like a virtual attendant. Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Marketing, etc.
August 8, 2017
Tom .
March 24, 2014

“You would be insane not to give it a free trial”

OverallHave used everything - Salesforce, InfusionSoft, Pipedrive, Sugar, etc. At some level, they were all awesome, and at another level, all of them sucked at something important. After signing up for a free 14 day trial, I happily pulled out my credit card and signed on for $660/month for our (4) users after using it for just a few days. And we had just signed on for a competitive solution only 4 months earlier. Now, after using Close.io for a couple of weeks, the positive impact on our business has been profound. Since all calls and emails go through the system, the reporting is real-time and automatic for salespeople. Our sales staff loves it, I love it, and as long as it keeps working the way it is, we expect to be customers for a long time. P.S. Responses from support are typically within the hour. So far, I'm very impressed.
ProsAutomated tracking, in-app calling, in-app email, bulk email, filtering, reporting, real-time dashboard.
ConsHigher cost per seat than some others (but obviously well worth it for me, and most others).
March 24, 2014
Daniel G.
December 8, 2016

“Dare I say It's Fun?”

OverallIf you're organized and you'd like to pass that along to other coworkers, this is a great piece of software. It's easy to add fields for customers and leads, keeping pertinent information accessible for all entries. That information is easily trackable, with a great search tool that will find absolutely any query by searching across all entries.
ProsThe search bar makes finding ANYTHING very quick and easy. Also, the ability to see emails between colleagues and leads/customers. It's a great tool for support teams.
ConsI love the organization of Close.io, but there are so many possibilities to keep track of, it can be overwhelming.
Recommendations to other buyersSmart Views make sorting quite easy; customize 'em and use 'em!

By Elastic on December 9, 2016
Thanks a lot for the great review, Daniel. We're glad your team is getting so much value out of our sales app. If you ever want a complimentary consultation by our success team, please let us know. They can help you find the best setup for your team :)
December 8, 2016
February 13, 2019

“Great functionality. But you can lose access anytime”

OverallThis is a great platform. But I do not recommend it to anyone. If you are interested in good CRM then try PipeDrive. They don't have a few things, but their technical support will solve all your problems. They also do a lot of custom free stuff. And you can safely store 1M + contacts.
ProsAwesome UI Best filtration and search Nothing extra Not overloaded Very fast
ConsIf your database more than 100K contacts, you will be disconnected, because you will ...."impacted our infrastructure".... When you try to solve a problem and chat with technical support, you will be ignored. But there is no public limitation. Try to use. Are you lucky? Maybe not and your work will be suspended immediately. And then you will long try to switch to another platform without any help from those support. Maximum you will have a day.
June 30, 2018

“Great CRM for smaller businesses”

ProsI like the cost above all else. We used a more expensive CRM for a while and were thrilled to find out about Close.io and its low price in comparison. The platform is also a lot simpler to use than other popular CRMs like SalesForce and Dynamics.
ConsThere isn't much to dislike about the platform. There could be some additional features to make activities simpler but that's not really anything against the platform, in my opinion.
June 30, 2018
Alexander R.
Co-Founder
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees
March 2, 2016

“Simple, intuitive, effective”

OverallAs a pre-revenue startup with a strong relationship-based sales focus, we opted for Close over competitors. The reason being, Close presents a very simple and easy to use interface at the landing page on their website. Having used complex CRM systems that don't integrate with phone/email/web, Close is refreshing in it's speed, integration and intuitive user interface. Additionally, the pricing is reasonable compared to overpriced competitors. I recommend Close over other CRMs, because it is simple, easy to use and addresses what sales personnel need to manage quickly and effectively without taking undue time from their primary roles.
ProsPrice, customer support, intuitive user interface and simplicity of use, most effective CRM system I have seen that doesn't drain sales-personnel time.
ConsVoice of customers could be a future feature; price is still expensive for pre-revenue and lean startups.
March 2, 2016
Mandy C.
Client Success Manager
September 8, 2015

“"They're just so...good!"”

OverallWe have been shopping for a CRM for far too long. Then Kevin and Close.io got our attention. We have had nothing but above and beyond conversations that can only be described as authentic. I typically can't stand the sales process, but something about the honesty took the sting out of the experience. When you hang up the phone after a call and collectively agree, "They're just so...good," it's a great feeling. The product itself is loaded with the features our business needs as we grow. We're looking forward to finding out just how accurate their tagline is...If we, in fact, close more deals and make more sales, we all win. With the powerful features at our fingertips, and so many great integrations, we think our sales team will see great results.
ProsExcellent support Concise Call Logging Smooth UI/UX Flexible pricing Integrations
ConsSo far, the only hiccup has been importing/exporting from our existing CRM (using Import2).
September 8, 2015
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
January 22, 2019

“Best CRM EVER! ”

OverallClose.io has been great from the start. Getting setup was easy and migrating our data from our previous CRM was simple. We are now able to monitor all outreach metrics in real time and close more deals with close.io
ProsClose.io is every sales teams dream! Its super simple but extremely powerful! It has everything you need to effectively close deals daily and keeps you on track with very little effort.
ConsI wish there was a two record type Leads and Accounts. There is a work around but my personal preference is a clear distinction between leads and accounts.
January 22, 2019