Kanban Tool Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.6/5

About Kanban Tool

Kanban Tool is a visual project management application for workflow optimization and real-time team collaboration. It helps to analyze and improve your processes, thereby increasing business efficiency. It's easy to use, widely customizable and fast. Available in cloud or on premise. It's the workflow management tool of choice for companies that want a no-nonsense, effective platform, using which requires no training. Learn more about Kanban Tool

Ryan D.
April 20, 2017

“Flexible, Intuitive Time and Task Management”

OverallI was recently on the hunt for a task management tool that I could run separate from the commercial products used at my workplace. This would allow me to add in personal tasks and lower level tasks that weren't appropriate to track in the enterprise boards I was a part of. I came upon Kanban Tool and was immediately impressed by the set up options; At a basic level, you already have access to basic, time and event driven Kanban boards, as well as several types of team boards for collaboration. From there, you can further customize the columns, number of lanes, and functions. You can import and export tasks through .csv and and calendar, making everything portable. In practice, I was impressed with the simplicity of the cards on the board. They can be created by color, helpful when trying to manage a bunch of different workflows like I am. At a glance, I can also see the priority, days until due (or past due days!), and the number of sub-tasks within a card. That's right - You can set up checklists WITHIN the card, which is hugely useful. If you like to have a card for each subtask, you can do that to, and mark subsequent tasks as blocked until the subtask is complete. I also enabled a cool extra that causes cards to "fade" over time, giving another visual cue to things that aren't getting done. Time tracking for each task was a bit of a revelation. Once I got in the habit of shifting every task I was working (The timer starts as soon as you put it in the "in progress" zone), I got really good info on what type of tasks were chewing up time, and even on the fact that I was working on a lot of things throughout the day that I didn't think to track. Finally, Kanban Tool offers what they call "Power-ups", which are basically plugins. The ones I have been really excited about are the ability to attach files to Dropbox or Onedrive, a custom Chromecast feature that allows the board to be cast up to a TV (Great for my family chore board in particular!), and one that allows you to manipulate checklists without opening cards. In the end, the only real niggle I had with the product was that while I can manually arrange cards in the To Do area (I use multiple swim lanes), one lane can't be longer than the others. I am an enthusiastic product researcher, so I was a bit surprised when my productivity management hunt just lost steam after starting with Kanban Tool. For flexibility and daily use, I couldn't ask for more.
ProsFlexibility, extensibility, intuitive interface.
ConsNot being able to fully manually arrange to do items.
April 20, 2017
Miguel G.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2018

“A Kanban board that caters to any needs”

OverallKanban Tool is truly one of the best Kanban applications I have seen. It is definitely a Kanban purist, providing functionality beyond simple boards with drag and drop functionality. It provides plenty of features to make this a very functional application for environments who truly embrace the use of Kanban boards. The UI is simple and clean... nothing fancy, just pure functionality.
ProsKanban Tool offers true kanban board functionality with an amazing number of features and customization abilities not found in other Kanban products. Kanban Tool lets you create Kanban boards of any size and style. Start with a default simple board and expand columns and swimlanes as needed. Customize the cards by various types, as well as customize the fields you wish to display. Kanban Tool starts with 11 fields and lets you add another 15 custom fields. Reconfigure your board and choose from about 2 dozen power up apps to make your experience better.
ConsKanban Tool avoided the eye candy most other developers often rely on to bring customers on-board. They left well enough alone. No fancy UI's, just truly functional product. In hind-sight, this is not necessarily a CON, but thought it deserved to be mentioned.
April 15, 2018
Ran K.
Software Engineer
Insurance, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2018

“Great tool to disseminate and monitor team tasks ”

Overallgreat tool overall.
ProsKanban is used by many departments for tasks. We are able to track and disseminate tasks to team members and know were additional resources are needed. Very intuitive UI interface.
Consunable to sort tickets visually, search tool can be improved much more to do quick and more in depth search.

By Shore Labs on November 27, 2018
We highly recommend sorting cards by any chosen criteria, by right-clicking an empty space between cards in any column.
August 15, 2018
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
January 19, 2017

“Very efficient”

OverallKanban tool does what it claims to be best at facilitating smooth team collaboration in an easy, no-nonsense way. Love the new design they've brought out, love the ease of creating new projects, love the maintenance-free time tracking, love their quick support team.
ProsThis is probably one of the 3 easiest to get to know applications I have come across.
ConsNot the best mobile support, I'm afraid.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're pushed for time as far as finding the right app for your team goes - this is what you need.
January 19, 2017
Simone F.
Laboratory Assistant and Webmaster
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 24, 2019

“Effective tool to master your personal and team productivity”

OverallThe overall experience is fantastic because you can take note of every activity and make it done for sure! Also it's funny to move cards and customize their colour, the visual impact is actually helping your work. Finally a word must be said on Support Service: they are very professional!
ProsThe flexibility in task organisation, swim lanes are fantastic to group related tasks. The possibility to add details, files, checklists, is great! Also remainders and priority&due dates are very useful.
ConsThe software is free only for 2 users, this limitation is quite strict.
April 24, 2019
Casmin G.
Public Relations Specialist
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
March 29, 2018

“Great tool for productivity.”

OverallImproved efficiency and team output.
ProsIt's a great tool to improve team productivity. Whether you're in software development, sales, or marketing, it's awesome. You can easily view everyone's tasks on one board and then assign new ones, rate tasks based on difficulty and time needed, set deadlines, and more.
ConsIt is the best tool for project tracking and staying on task and productive. The only little complaint I have is that unless you log in, you can't easily see all the changes that have been made.
March 29, 2018
Mary Grace E.
Unit Head
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
September 11, 2018

“Efficient Kanban Tool”

ProsI love using this tool because I can easily manage and track the status of my projects. It helps to my team to update their assignments from time to time.
ConsLimited user for the free version. A little bit expensive but worth it for the organizations to make it better.
September 11, 2018
Marie Kris S.
Process Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
October 8, 2018

“Easy to Manage Tool”

ProsI like this tool in managing and deliberations of task to my team. I can easily organized the activities and monitor their work.
ConsSo far I have no negative experienced in this software. The functions and features are very great and easy to use.
October 8, 2018
51-200 employees
July 28, 2018

“I used this with a small startup in the Philippines and it worked well.”

OverallAn easy visual for a team that spoke two different languages. There were also members of the sales team that had very minimal experience with project management requirements, documentation, and technology as a whole. The visual ease of this tool created less stress and everyone knew what expectations were required yesterday, today, and tomorrow. What held them up, what actions they had that held others in limbo, and of course the ability to celebrate in unison when the team accomplished a goal.
ProsLanguage and cultural differences didn't slow down the learning of the team. The visual ease of the tool is phenomenal. Recording important files, checklists, due dates, and handoffs became very smooth.
ConsThere were older execs on the board that still preferred to see a Gantt chart for the integration of different services. This flies against what Kanban was meant to do. There was no easy way to export a report and create a Gantt chart for others. External reporting as a whole is not easy.
July 28, 2018
Manuel T.
Marketing Director
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2019

“A Must Have Low Cost and Extremely Intuitive Tool To Have”

OverallThis has been a must have tool for me to organize everything I need to do. Without it, I would be incapable of getting anything done.
ProsThis tool is easy to use and doesn't require any training. The low cost is definitely a plus.
ConsIt isn't extremely sophisticated but I wasn't looking for anything like that anyways so I don't really see that as a negative.
May 9, 2019
July 3, 2018

“A good tool to divide the work into parts, write each element on a card and put on the board”

ProsDivision of labour Columns with names to illustrate where each element is in the workflow. Assigns well-defined limits to the amount of elements that may be in progress in every moment of work flow. It measures the delivery time and optimizes it to make delivery as short as possible. -Measure the delivery time and optimizes the process to make the delivery time as small and predictable as possible. -It has a panel dedicated to statistics, which is very suitable in the analysis of the work done over a period of time
Consthe free version is limited to two users and two tables, if you want to add more users and tables you have to choose the paid option, in addition the free version is used to manage only simple projects with small teams
July 3, 2018
Joanna K.
Market analyzer
Market Research, 11-50 employees
September 2, 2019

“Best visual managment tool”

ProsWhat is the mayor advantage for me is that you can try 2 user free trial version- what I am actually practicing to see how does it work. I have already gave an opinion to my team that this is excellent tool to visually manage of all the things you have to do in your daily base. It really helps to see what should be done, with what priority and when. I really reccomand to make work go smooth and easy.
ConsI do not have any negative comment to give.
September 2, 2019
Automotive, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“We love Kanban Tool”

ProsWe're able to easily manage complex projects. The add-ons give it additional functionality that comes in handy, and we can add anything we need ourselves.
March 7, 2018
Ariel M.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
June 5, 2016

“Great if you want to go agile”

OverallI have been using KT for over a year. I learned about it in my former company. We used it for project management and managing remote team. The best thing about it is that you can adapt it to your needs and create a perfect board for your work. It is not only about simple Kanban boards. The possibilities are endless. I also like the fact that KT offers very detailed and elaborated statistics and analytics. You can easily share files via KT and synchronize it with dozens of other applications. Now I use it only for me. It is also suitable for personal use. KT is all about elasticity and personalization. I hope my company will introduce it in the future.
Pros-integrations -time tracking -power ups
Cons-app only for Android
June 5, 2016
Sorin A.
Customer Success Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
November 26, 2018

“Really good. Simple and useful”

ProsI can have 2 panels for work and personal tasks I have an app on my phone and as well a web version I can use from my pc
ConsI don't know how to remove items automatically from Done column after a period of time. I need to archive each of them. The Done column becomes too big after a while.

By Shore Labs on November 27, 2018
Sorin, glad to see you're enjoying the service. We recommend using the "archive all" option for the Done column - it is available under a right-click menu on the column header.
November 26, 2018
Matthias C. B.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
October 21, 2016

“better than we first expected”

OverallWe mainly wanted to use the time tracker, but from a few months' perspective - it seems the overall increase in process visibility has been a huge improvement in how we work. The financial dep. are overjoyed with the possibility to automate recurring tasks - they're working just like clockwork. Overall, very useful application - the not too steep pricing also helps.
Prosno training was needed - easy to use.
October 21, 2016
Zoe T.
June 15, 2015

“The best Kanban app I've used”

OverallI've tried more than 7 of the popular Kanban applications, and this one is by far my favourite. It's to the point, no-nonsense, clear and easy to use, as well as to get used to using over a longer period of time.
Pros- great customization and having the optional features (Power-ups) - time tracking, time reporting, cumulative flow, lead and cycle time diagram, breakdown chart - calendar and file hosting services integration - excel export - swimlanes - horizontal rows for setting a number of projects within one process (haven't seen this in other apps) - mobile access - free version to choose
Felix K.
Director Business Analysis
1001-5000 employees
April 16, 2018

“Looking for a smart way to get away from sticky notes?”

OverallI use this tool to organize all tasks within our little two person department. I started some weeks ago because I had so many notes in my paper organizer, in Outlook and sticky notes. It takes only minutes to setup and create tasks in Kanban. Since this day my colleague and I are using it every day and can see efficiency increasing already. For our needs a very well developed solution. Thank you.
ProsCreate your "first" draft within minutes Even free version offers a huge range of useful add-ons to manage your tasks You can customize almost everything to your needs
ConsIf you are looking for a simple cloud based tool to get rid of your paper notes and Outlook notifications there are no cons in my opinion.
April 16, 2018
Todd M.
Insurance, 11-50 employees
June 14, 2017

“The only online kanban tool that checks off all the boxes”

OverallWe got our project requirements and tasks under control quickly and allowed several stakeholders to "get on the same page" easily, streamlining communication and nailing down requirements. It's hard to imagine what this tool does not have. You can customize fields. Maybe customized reports? I don't know. It seems pretty complete to me. You can really hit the ground running with this tool AND it lets you import your items from Excel or other sources.
ProsThis software actually gives you columns AND swimlanes. You'll notice almost all of the competitors do not give you that. Managing items is simple as drag and drop, click and type. The online collaboration piece is solid and administration is a no brainer.
June 14, 2017
Jenna M.
Account Director
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2018

“This tool is very useful in keeping my to do list organized, tracking my time & reporting on it.”

ProsI find this tool to be extremely useful. Before using Kanban Tool, my Account Management team has been keeping time sheets that I built in Excel so that we could report on how we spend our time. My department is focused on finding as many efficiencies as possible in how we operate internally and support our clients so that our value can scale as much as possible. Kanban Tool is one of those major efficiencies!
ConsSo far, I haven't seen anything I don't like. I am curious to learn about all of the features to be sure my team is leveraging the tool to its fullest potential!
April 11, 2018
Roman S.
CEO / Music production expert
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
April 10, 2019

“My favourite Kanban software!”

OverallI've tried lots of different Kanban software after using real physical Kanban for a while. This is the only software which make me feel that it's working for me and not the opposite.
ProsDesign. Ease of use. Customisation flexibility. I'm a visual person, for me it's very important. Color-coding, layout, tags, custom fields. Here it looks really simple and it makes you really do the job instead of trying to figure out "how to"s
ConsNo cons for me. Maybe just small one, for me it would be cool to be able to join some sections vertically.
April 10, 2019
Aneta L.
Cosmetics, 5001-10,000 employees
June 17, 2015

“With Kanban Tool managing remote teams is a piece of cake ;)”

OverallFirst and foremost - it is clear and intuitive, so you won't have problems introducing it to your team.The creators of KanbanTool took what's best from Kanban method and combined it with seamless time tracking. Integration with other software such as Dropbox, Zapier or Google Drive gives you practically endless possibilities. Great for delegating work, project management and even brainstorming new ideas. Totally recommend it!
Pros-also an Android app -intuitive interface -really like its layout -easy to customize -a lot of interesting features such as: My Work Widget, Time Tracking & Reporting or adding tasks via email
Cons-no iPhone app -more colors of cards would be nice
June 17, 2015
Ravichandran (Ravi) D.
Internal Consultant - Continous Improvement
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
October 4, 2018

“simple and detailed scrum board”

Prosthe ease of use collasping the story points the ease of controlling what to display on the sticky calendar integration tools to review the progress ability to add notes, attachments and checklist quicky edit the scrum board layout screen castable multiuser log of activites searc option can add task via email and so on
Conschanging the background ability to customize the stickies on particular swimlane and category. no much to dislike. i really like this tool.
October 4, 2018
Paul A.
Digital Data Manager
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
September 7, 2017

“its the core of tracking my time, work and efficiency”

OverallManage tasks in a mode 2 operation to show value in development
ProsIts easy to use and fully customizable to an extent, great add on features in the power ups and can tailor the whole user exsperience
ConsReporting could be alot better and more engaging - i.e Dashboard for different views of the kanban flows, iterations etc. Also the 'archive' would be good if this presented better as its hard to store, or look at what you achieved

By Shore Labs on November 27, 2018
Please note, it is now possible to search through all archived tasks, to easier locate the cards needed.
September 7, 2017
Guilherme F.
Supervisor de mídia de performance
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2019

“Good Tool”

ProsKanban Tool I recomended, because this tool optimize my work and my team. I had have more control about the jobs and I can see all the jobs together in the tool.
ConsControl the jobs. Optimize my time and my work. Help my team.
February 6, 2019
Keshia B.
Director of Outreach and Enrollment/Strategic Initiatives
December 27, 2017

“Great visual project management tool”

ProsThis tool is very easy to use. With working on a team we could see where we were at with our projects.
ConsI felt that this tool was very elementary for what my team and I were looking for. We tried this product out but ended up going for something more as we needed to share documents and such.

By Shore Labs on November 27, 2018
Please note, Kanban Tool does support various file hosting services integration, namely: Google Drive, Box, Dropbox & OneDrive. Also, direct file attachments are available in Team and Enterprise plans.
December 27, 2017
Daniel A.
Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2017

“Excellent product for Project Managers across industries.”

OverallI have tried Kanban Tool for six months and I can say it has all the features you can expect from these tools and it allows me to be more organized: it is visual, based on colored-notes, drag and drop, you can customize the work flow, for teams, analytics, etc. Take a look a it.
ProsIt has all the features you can find in other platforms.
ConsIt has room for improvement (the design). For example, I have also tried RealTimeBoard (awesome design).
Recommendations to other buyersKanBan Tool is the balance of analytics+design+ease of use.
April 17, 2017
Anne F.
Asystent ds. marketingu
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
June 6, 2016

“Worth recommending”

OverallWe use it at my company to manage projects and remote teams. Because of its intuitiveness it was extremely easy to implement. The greatest thing about introducing Kanban is that we don't need so many meetings anymore. Also, extensive analytics enable to oversee your team's workflow and spot any bottlenecks.
Prostime tracking, low price, mobile app for Android,
Consno iOS or Windows app
June 6, 2016
Vipin K.
Build Release Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
December 14, 2017

“Love this product very much”

OverallAbout two months backs I was searching a product using which I could manage my personal work. I found many products and tried using those one by one. In all among them I found that kanban tool is very handy, easy to use, mobile application, excellent customer support.. etc. My overall experience is very good. Good luck team - kanbantool.com.
ProsLight weight mobile application Easy to use Daily work status emails Free for 2 users ;-) Excellent customer support
December 14, 2017
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
October 2, 2018

“Kanban Tool”

ProsVisual the Kanban Board Dynamic table design WIP ready
ConsCannot drag and drop swimlane Cannot move swimlane to other board Cannot export attached file
October 2, 2018
Gabrielle C.
booking agent
July 28, 2017

“We were looking for a good project management system, after trying others, this one is perfect!”

ProsI can manage a lot of tasksfrom a long period of time in the same page. The filter is working very well. The automatic Checklist helps me to not forgot any recurant tasks.
ConsThere is no available setting for a target column related to due date. The calendar on the right is small, it would be usefull to be able to open it in another window.
July 28, 2017
Magnus W.
Project Manager and QA Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
November 8, 2018

“Great for personal efficiency”

OverallI use it only personally, it helps me prioritize and get focused.
ProsIts quick and easy to use on a daily basis.
ConsCan't change color easily (too many clicks currently)

By Shore Labs on November 27, 2018
Right now, card color changes are fastest done by right-click on a closed task, and with the "card type" toggle. We appreciate the feedback and will consider it in the future.
November 8, 2018

“Very helpful indeed”

OverallWe've been using the app to manage the cooperation with some overseas contractors, and it proved a lifesaver. Such a reduction of communication time and lag, far less misunderstandings and quicker results altogether. Since then, we've never stopped using KanbanTool, even though it's just the local team at the moment. Still increases productivity greatly and keeps things in order.
ProsEasy to use, easy to get started, nice, clear UI, great optional features.
Carlos A.
Designer
Design, Self-employed
December 7, 2018

“Kanban, the best way”

ProsI'm a big fan of the kanban process. If you work with design or marketing, it's the best way to organize the workflow. And Kanban Tool is this - a kanban app. Simple and good.
ConsNothing at all. It's simples, intuitive and free!
December 7, 2018
Simone F.
ICT Lab Assistant
Government Administration, Self-employed
August 22, 2018

“Great Kanban Tool!”

OverallI enjoyed Kanban Tool in the last 6 months for personal and professional use. I have already recommended the tool to a colleague.
ProsEasy to use Compact visualization Flexible Perfect also for personal use
ConsSome interesting feature is available only in Premium profile
August 22, 2018
Accounting, Unspecified
June 25, 2015

“The best project management tool”

OverallMy experience with Kanban Tool is very positive. It helps to carry out any type of project, smaller or bigger. Even though it offers so many options and functions, it remains simple and user-friendly.
ProsUseful, easy to use, complete, cheap, universal
ConsIt should be available in more languages.
June 25, 2015
John R.
international trade specialist
International Trade and Development, 11-50 employees
March 10, 2017

“very useful”

OverallOur team started to use this app some months ago and I must say that I am fully surprised how much time it saves and how it improves the organization and communication between the team members.
March 10, 2017
Michal U.
Founder, Managing Partner
December 20, 2017

“Smartest management tool ever!”

ProsIt's truly easy. I've used several different tools to manage my work... but finally, I came to the right address.
December 20, 2017
Sasha O.
October 12, 2016

“Kanban Boards using Kanban Tool, Free Trial”

OverallKanban Boards was recommended by my teammate as a great application for managing tasks. What I like is that it is a graphical clear visualization and helps me prioritize what I had going on and in which categories the tasks were. Also, I could color code, I do love that! I use the free version... so I don't have a lot of extra features, but I think the free version offers as much features and functionality as I needed!
October 12, 2016
Randy D. S.
October 18, 2016

“More than enough for my medium size business”

OverallIt's been easy to get started with the application from the get go - there are board templates available, so we had a good place to start with/ After this, we've just kept on improving the boards and our processes have much simplified thanks to this. I would roughly estimate that our process is bout a quarter shorter now than before - which is a huge improvement in my book.
October 18, 2016
Katarzyna K.
August 31, 2016

“Great App!”

OverallThis application is really great! In my opinion it is one of the best among all available such tools.
ProsUptime, easy sign in
Cons-
August 31, 2016
Olson .
November 3, 2013

“Enhanced workflow visibility”

OverallKanban Tool has greatly improved workflow visibility within our company. No more emails being sent around asking who's working on what. It's affordable and useful. So I would recommend this for anyone that needs it.
ProsEasy to learn: tutorial, user manual Simple design Drag & drop Easy customization: power ups
November 3, 2013
Tom .

“My team love it! ”

OverallWe have been using Kanban Tool for about 2 years now. This application helps us to work together: to plan and organize everything, share tasks, documents and comments, as well as evaluate our results.
Pros- intuitiveness and ease of use - customization (Power-ups) - integration (Zapier, API, email)
Evan .
December 4, 2013

“Great time management software”

OverallKanban Tool is one of the most important tools of my company's management system. Very intuitive and easy to use. The whole team likes to work with it!
Pros- Power -ups (time management widget is my favorite) - collaboration
December 4, 2013
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
June 25, 2019

“Agile management made simple”

ProsLets you track a kanban board as if you were posting real sticky notes
Consit is really simple, multiplatform and has a free version. Have no cons, but the only con would be adapting people to work with Kanban boards
June 25, 2019
Marta B.
June 22, 2015

“Great!”

OverallJust finishing my free trial but as I really liked the experience, I might sign up for one of the plans - the price seems fair for the quality they offer. Kanban Tool is a software based on the well known kanban board method - there are plenty of programs using it, but this one worked out the best for me so far. It's simple yet effective, and has the option of time tracking - really useful!
June 22, 2015
Justyna L.
Internet Marketing Specialist
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 4, 2014

“Better collaboration”

OverallSimple way to organize tasks and co-work with colleagues by sharing comments and documents.
Pros- sharing comments - sharing documents - intuitive interface
April 4, 2014
Susan .
March 14, 2014

“Improved customer satisfaction”

OverallWith a Kanban Tool we are able to deliver complete products in a timely manner.
Pros- collaboration - adding attachments from Dropbox - clear design
Cons- no iOS app
March 14, 2014
Alice .
October 22, 2013

“Happy with it ”

OverallBy far the best project management tool we ever used in our company!
Pros- real-time collaboration - power-ups - search filters - colorful boards
October 22, 2013
Sandra .
October 15, 2013

“It helps me to organize”

OverallThanks to Kanban Tool I can finally organize my personal and business life. Very easy to learn and use. I like the Android app too.
Pros- easy to use - android app