Thinkific Ratings

Overall

About Thinkific

Thinkific is an all-in-one online course platform that empowers anyone to quickly create and deliver stunning courses on their own branded site. Whether your goal is to educate your customers, to sell courses to earn revenue or to simply grow your brand and engage your audience, Thinkific makes it easy. Join thousands of consultants, experts, authors, speakers, trainers, teachers, coaches, professional associations, and companies, and start selling courses on Thinkific today. Learn more about Thinkific

Linda H.
Co-ordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2017

“With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses.”

OverallWe are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.
ProsWe researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.
ConsI wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country. I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American. We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts. Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform. Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes
Wendy F.
Retirement Coach
April 8, 2019

“Thinkific works for me!”

OverallNo benefits realized yet as I just got my first course up and published. I have several courses written but finding the right software for me and my students was my Catch 22... never considered that would hold me back. I kept working on the courses... and finally, the solution was presented to me. I have tried so many different teaching platforms already and never actually published. Just wasn't confident in knowing the site well enough -- but in no time at all, I am published on Thinkific and so thrilled I made the leap. Finally! Pure FUN!
ProsThinkific is easy to use. Add a new Module, one click to add content, module after module. So easy! Better yet, I LIKE how it looks to the user. I LIKE how the site can look like mine -- not another platform. It does look different, but MY site name is on top, visible, so users know where they are immediately. I've tried others and never quite liked the look as I work with seniors who have retired... and wanted simplicity. This time I found just that. AND YET -- very functional, with every content option I'd like to add. Thinkific has a great Facebook group too. Very active and helpful, learned how others are doing their classes so gives me new ideas. Some groups were full of people whining about what the software didn't do or needed to be corrected... that didn't work for me either, yeah, picky picky! :)
ConsI only had to ask Support one question while adding my first course. My only question was: how to add a manual student who paid me privately (or complimentary class) if they didn't purchase through Thinkific itself. I know its there, just chose to ask instead of searching! :) I didn't even use HELP pages to learn how to use it... it was pretty intuitive for me and I love that! Please don't think that means its not a fully integrated teaching service, it really is. They simply "got it" where the user (me, the instructor) and the other user (student) is concerned. Someone did the work to think about how both users will interact with the software. Kudos!
April 8, 2019
Anne Z.
Online Seller - Moving Stuff Around the Universe
November 9, 2017

“Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even FREE!”

OverallIt allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!
ProsI like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.
ConsAs expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.
November 9, 2017
Dan W.
Senior Training Program Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
August 15, 2017

“Good for small, basic needs”

OverallValue for the money, attractive front end with little effort.
ProsThe way Thinkific presents content, from landing page to course completion page, is beautiful and appealing to the user. There are ample ways to connect with the user through various integrations if desired. It's also useful that you can customize the branding and even your own site theme if you have the available resources to do so! After switching from a sub-par LMS, our users are more engaged and more excited about signing in to consume our courses.
ConsReporting leaves much to be desired - best count on using Zapier to pull data into a 3rd party for analyzing user progress and completion rates. It's also frustrating that I have to wait for some reports to be emailed to me after requesting them. Perhaps the most frustrating part is that the front-end is designed using Liquid, which is difficult for a novice with basic CSS / HTML knowledge to navigate in order to make small text changes across the site.
August 15, 2017
Joe G.
VP of Marketing & International Business Development
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2019

“The Best Online Course Creator”

OverallWe started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.
ProsThinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.
ConsI don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough.
September 7, 2019
Waleed A.
psychiatrist
Mental Health Care, 501-1000 employees
May 3, 2019

“No brainer choice of course management software”

OverallI researched so many LMSs out there and finally found my soulmate On Thinkific I am launching my first, course, the way I want it to be.
ProsFree to get started Get paid via Paypal without being charged by thinkific Perfectly beautiful themes Add anything you can imagine, quiz, pdf, presentation, text, anything Support for Rich text e.g. make important words bold or italicized Available to anyone, not just Oxford or Harvard Professors boy, i am in love with literally every feature of thinkific
Consuser statistics are (so far as I understand) not recorded with quizzes. this could have been very great. so that students would know the level of difficulty of the quiz.
May 3, 2019
Susan M.
June 5, 2018

“I've tried WP plugins for courses as well as Teachable. Thinkific has been phenomenal. ”

ProsIt's mobile friendly for my students. It's a very simple to use a system which means even if you're, not super tech you can make it work. I get awesome student feedback on how easy Thinkific is to use, especially on the go. It's got great reporting and you get paid right away instead of having your money held up. Even on the free account which is awesome to better manage cash flow needs. I also love that you can see how your students are progressing and where people might be getting stuck on your content.
ConsProbably the only big negative for me is that is I want to include writing below my video training it doesn't show the student how long the video is or even that there's a video there at all. So sometimes people have missed training parts because of the formatting of their system. Not the biggest deal, but I like to streamline my lesson by putting a small blurb under the video and the easiest way to do this means it doesn't show up as a video on the sidebar for the student.
June 5, 2018
Katie M.
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
July 2, 2018

“Love it!”

OverallI got leads into students who enjoyed this platform. I really loved setting up courses and I think this is a great product.
ProsI really like how easy this system is; they have done a lot to make their platform easy to use. The free plan is good. Pro's: Easy to use & navigate Helpful tutorials Helpful webinars and manuals to help you get the most and market your courses Clean crisp look Responsive for mobile, tablet, and pc's
ConsPricing for me was the only con; I had purchased a lifetime subscription to another course building platform and decided to switch to that otherwise i'd still be using thinkific.
July 2, 2018
Enrrique P.
Instructor
Telecommunications, Unspecified
April 23, 2018

“Project your career by making your courses known on the net”

OverallAn excellent way to place and sell your courses on the net, making you gain prestige in the online educational area.
ProsA very easy to use application that projects your career as an instructor and educator, you can sell the courses to students or companies, allowing you to take better advantage as it allows you to enlarge your professional profile, showing the courses you have done and who and how many have seen, making you notice in the professional area, it is quite complete and easy to use, with an attractive cost for the market.
ConsI think they should improve a little the visual and design area, to make it more pleasing to the eye, allowing you to customize more each course and let your imagination fly to catch a larger audience, doing this would improve even more this excellent application.
April 23, 2018
Linda H.
Diversity Educator
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2019

“Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform”

OverallWe are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.
ProsVersatile, well organized, easy to learn. Free until you get going.
Cons- Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box). - Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.
August 14, 2019
Monica G.
eLearning Strategist
June 14, 2018

“The best eLearning platform for beginners and experts”

ProsI have produced more than 200 online courses and used several platforms. Thinkific is my favorite. I have three schools there. It's easy to use, clean design, and the upgrades are customer-centered.
ConsI don't like the new admin organization. It's text heavy and not intuitive. I prefer simple headers like courses, users, admin, etc.
June 14, 2018
Susan B.
Spending Plan Trainer
Financial Services, Self-employed
June 12, 2018

“The answer to my prayers! Needed a home for a free flagship course. Thinkific has a free version!”

OverallI was able to easily launch a free flagship course. It enabled me to provide a needed service to students without having to charge them by giving me the option to host the course at no cost.
ProsI searched and searched for an affordable way to host my free Fearless Budgeting training program for compulsive spenders. I tried a couple of sites before launching, but they all had problems and were difficult to use. When I found the free plan on Thinkific, I was blown away. It was so easy to set up and everything just flowed. I had one issue with the sort order of multiple download files. Customer service was great and helped me figure out how to sort them properly within a couple of hours. It was incredibly easy to set up the two courses (total of 50 lessons) and two additional products. My products and courses look professional. Oh, and I love the student discussion forum, which I've used to let students know about an update to one of the courses and an upcoming Q&A call. Plus, I was able to easily integrate my mailing list into the program. I couldn't be happier with the service and support. I heartily recommend Thinkific. For me, it blows away the competition!
ConsNothing. Not one thing. It's perfect for my needs. The fact is, I'm amazed at all the features I get with the free option. It's working out great for me and my students.
June 12, 2018
Rocky K.
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
11-50 employees
June 23, 2018

“For the non-developer who wants to create great online courses - go with Thinkific”

OverallIt's just a great piece of software to deploy an online course without having to rely on a expensive developer (like myself.)
ProsI deploy Thinkific to my clients who need to an online course, but don't have the expertise or resources to recruit someone with technology skills. It's really easy with a short learning curve. If building a website with drag/drop tools is easy to you - this is even easier. Their support is fantastic! Their response time is quick, their team is helpful, and their reply is always clear and coherent. I've spoken to them as both a user, and a developer - and they were always willing to find a way to help me solve things.
ConsFor the scenario of building a training program - Thinkific is great - no issues. If I had to say something, like anything - the only thing I can think of is, as a developer - I wish I can build add-ons to extend Thinkific's features. I'm probably in the 1% who wants it, which shows how much Thinkific really thought things
June 23, 2018
Abigail N.
Consultant Digital Strategy & Customer Engagement
11-50 employees
December 7, 2017

“Thinkific is easy to use, the interface is friendly both for the administrator and for the users.”

OverallI get to sell my courses to students directly and receive a hire percentage than I would on Udemy and Skillshare.
ProsI needed to create online courses to sell directly to students rather than putting all my eggs in one basket... in this case 2 baskets; Udemy and Skillshare. I began looking for cheap or free LMS system, and after vetting my options I was down to two choices Thinkific and Teachable. Thinkific isn't as popular as Teachable so I was already partial, expecting less from it than Teachable. I was surprised that Thinkific was the better option. Thinkific is easy to use, intuitive and very user-friendly, they have lots of resources on how to create courses. I hit a snag in the video production phase of my courses and I was surprised when they reached out to me, I explained that I hadn't been online as I was still creating my course and they sent links to resources that would help. That was a biggy for me, as I really needed that. The staff and the software itself has been amazing.
ConsNon really, at least for now. I'm on the free plan which has limited features, I'd need to upgrade to fully explore its capabilities but for now, I'm content
Brian Møller J.
CEO & Mind trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
April 7, 2019

“Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific”

OverallI love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.
ProsI love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all: The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;) I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!
ConsThere is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.
April 7, 2019
Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
March 26, 2018

“Great for Online Courses”

OverallI can easily and quickly get my online courses up and running and sell them easily to my students and corporate clients.
ProsI LOVE all the features Thinkific has to support my online course. Completion certificates? Check. Achievements? Check. SINGLE SIGN ON FOR WHEN I SELL TO CORPORATE CLIENTS? CHECK! But really, the feature list is pretty long and extensive. And the price is pretty good compared to other platforms. Now, Thinkific won't host all your marketing needs, but it will nail your online course, and I'm a big fan of that. They also offer GREAT webinars and opportunities for professional development, which I really appreciate. I really do feel like they want me to succeed.
Cons I wish there were more options for how my course pages are laid out. It's pretty much all standardized with the course online on the left of the page and the content on the left. That course outline is ALWAYS there. Now, that might be really handy for students, but I wish I had some options and maybe could make things a little prettier. (It's not ugly or anything, I just would like another option or two to choose from)
March 26, 2018
Greg D.
Coach
February 16, 2017

“Blown Away! ”

OverallThe reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!
ProsEase of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.
ConsNone I can think of yet!
Recommendations to other buyersAll I can say is that - if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it if you are creating a course and want ease of use. It's a no brainer.

By Thinkific on February 16, 2017
Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience. "...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto! Thanks again!
February 16, 2017
Owner/Founder
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease”

OverallI think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.
ProsI think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.
ConsI would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.
July 16, 2019
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2019

“Just focus on creating content and leave the rest to Thinkific”

ProsIf you're coming from WordPress ecosystem, you know the pain. Keep on adding plugins-after-plugins and keep paying for them yearly and keep maintaining them, patching security holes that pop up often. If then you get some time, then create content for your members. With Thinkific, you need not worry about the umpteen admin issues of WordPress at all; just focus on content creation and leave the rest to the Thinkific platform. Hassle free piece of LMS.
Cons- They may want to look into the pricing structure. - For those educaters who can't accept Stripe for some reason, try to come up with a model whereby you accept payment on our behalf and then send our payments later on.
March 28, 2019
Daniel G.
Marketing Assistant
March 13, 2018

“Enabled to set up online art courses for 200+ students.”

OverallI've been able to sell multiple learning products to 200+ students. This has enabled them to learn and see their progress as they go. It has also allowed me to create and use quizzes for my students.
ProsThis software is quite flexible and enabled me to take over 200 students through 15 learning modules. Each module has multiple videos and pictures. Thinkific enabled me to include assignments, which I used Airtable to integrate with. Enrolling students in that course is extremely simple.
ConsThere are no big cons with Thinkific. That said, the progress bar has been confusing for some of our students. Replaying courses can be slightly confusing for them too.
March 13, 2018
Darrell E.
March 29, 2017

“How Thinkific Changed My Life For The Better..”

ProsThe best thing about Thinkific is they push you to finish your course. I needed that extra push! There are some many things to learn in business that people want to learn and people want to teach what they know. I am taking a course to learn how to teach a course. Online learning is the future.
ConsI think that their sign-up and sign in page could use improving. There is always going to be room for improvements, I hope people are able to get past issues, as nothing is perfect. There is a saying in the startup world that says " If your product is perfect you launched too late."
March 29, 2017
Natalie B.
Owner CEO
April 24, 2019

“The perfect platform”

OverallSuper easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.
ProsI love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.
ConsThere isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.
April 24, 2019
April 10, 2017

“Superior online course building platform to others I've used”

ProsThe Thinkific interface is so user friendly. The weekly trainings with Aaron have been critical to building my confidence in working with Thinkific and getting started. I love the left side bar menu - so easy to use for setting up and building landing page. The ease of integration is also well done.
ConsI'm experienced at building websites with Wordpress and have a fair bit of experience with HTML coding, and yet, I find having to customize the landing pages with HTML (i.e. finding the line of code, etc.) way too complicated and time consuming. I'm looking forward to the upgrade that I hear is coming out soon. That is the only con I can think of at this time.
April 10, 2017
Brendan O.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2017

“No better way to help people grow.”

OverallThinkific allows me to put down my idea from countless meetings and classes into a format that I can reuse time after time. You can easily add chapters, consolidate info, add PDFs and add videos. The testing and polling is a great way of ensuring you students are retaining the information. Being able to add the widget to your own website is extremely helpful to help you build your brand while utilizing what Thinkific does best. The fact that it is free while I work on monetizing shows that they are betting on the success Thinkific will bring. Great tool and I am excited for the success to follow.
ProsI love the ease of use.
ConsI wish they had stock photos right in the website. The do suggest free stock sites to use.
Recommendations to other buyersAllow the editing bar to follow you as your content builds. It makes it tough when editing fonts because you have to select what you want to edit then scroll up to the top of the page to select the font, size, etc.

By Thinkific on March 8, 2017
Hey Brendan, thank you so much for the lovely review. So glad that we can help you and we're looking forward to your success too!
March 5, 2017
Rose S.
October 8, 2019

“Solid program.”

ProsI like that I was easily able to take my idea, and turn it into a course with this software. It is an easy to use software, and I am able to showcase my courses with students and other professionals with absolute ease! I found that the you do have to pay a bit of money once you really start rolling with it, but in my opinion it is well worth it!
ConsI have yet to find issue with this software, it has been nothing but good to me thus far!
October 8, 2019
February 12, 2019

“Thinkifc is a good starter LMS”

ProsI think its easy to use and I like the fact that they have a free option for course creators who are just getting started.
ConsThere are limitations with the functionality. For instance, there is not a full sales funnel integration like what kajabi has. But I think they are priced accordingly.
February 12, 2019
March 13, 2019

“Amazing Course Builder for new users”

OverallI've done a lot of online courses, so when it came to designing my own I had strong ideas about what I wanted it to look like for my students. Thinkific is easy to learn, has great customization and superb customer service. Even on the free plan they answer your questions immediately and incorporate feedback you give them in their updates.
ProsEasy to learn. Amazing customer service. Frequent updates.
ConsSome of the customization requires coding. The help library sometimes doesn't have what your looking for.
March 13, 2019
Lisa L.
May 26, 2019

“I haven't found a perfect elearning platform, but Thinkific is pretty close!”

OverallI haven't sold any classes yet, but that's due to a lack of marketing on my part. Thinkific has been great. The company made it easy for me to understand how to create a course and made itself very available to me whenever I needed help.
ProsI think Thinkific is user friendly. I didn't have a problem setting my class up and understanding how the site works.
ConsI wish I did Thinkific did some of the marketing for me. But, to be honest, sites that do that take a much bigger chunk of profits, so it's fair.
May 26, 2019
Akhilesh K.
Proprietor
February 8, 2018

“A true delight for any starting edupreneur in every dimension”

Pros1) Thinkific is one of a kind platform that has something to offer to everyone. Even if you have zilch money to start with, thinkific has a plan for you. The free plan has so many features that one has to wonder at times if he needs to upgrade ever :) . Many other free plans try to give you a taste of the software and then nudge to upgrade. Not thinkific . They give you all the tools you need even on a free plan and then when you decide to upgrade , they add awesome value to your investment. 2) Ease of use is just awesome . They have explained the tiniest details with videos . Learning curve at best can be surmounted in a single day with the resources they offer. 3) The course player is just terrific and can host almost anything imaginable including content made on authoring tools . The interface is very mobile friendly. 4) Unlimited video hosting even on free plans ! This is as good as it gets . The video player is high quality . I suspect they use Wistia for playing videos . 5) Customer support is great and very responsive
Ionie W.
May 17, 2017

“Why I use Thinkific”

ProsThe turn-around time for feedback to queries was awesome. It ranged from a few minutes to a couple of hours. I received numerous links for support and resources which were really helpful. The support team is efficient and very resourceful. They are genuinely interested in your progress and success. Having engaged in an online webinar, I realised how easy the platform is to use. The Facebook Group is a great resource. The participants are friendly and I learn so much from them. I look forward to actually launching my first courses.
May 17, 2017
Steven L.
Managing Partner
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
January 8, 2019

“Great Course Creating Platform”

OverallI love Thinkific. In the very crowded space for course creation platforms, Thinkific is in the top 3 !
ProsThis platform does a great job providing an easy-to-use platform for designing and delivering online courses. The features for allowing all types of media, and the friendly UI flow is so pleasant for the loading content and for end-users navigating the training.
ConsI would like to have more customization of the theme layouts.
January 8, 2019
Intuitive Professional
March 16, 2018

“Excellent! Easy to Use! Responsive Support!”

ProsI really like how simple it was to create an online course. All I had to do was create the content and Thinkific supplied the platform to present it in a clarified and seamless way. Also, the customer support has been outstanding!
ConsI haven't had too much natural traffic come across my course. Maybe upping the marketing game a bit so I have other marketing resources to connect with. Not necessary, just a thought.
March 16, 2018
Haydee M.
writer
February 8, 2018

“It's been great. Smooth. Like all experiences with all products SHOULD be.”

OverallPeace of mind. Great customer support.
ProsIts customer service. Its friendliness. Its accessibility. Its genuine concern for the customer's success.
ConsI wish you could promote more than you have so that I could have found you sooner. Maybe by using the leverage of big-name entrepreneurs. I think that you have a great service that can compete with any of the other ones on the market.
Lindy R.
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2019

“Great for courses”

OverallWe use Thinkific to help clients create courses and link them to their websites for easy payment.
ProsCreates beautiful courses and has many options for layout, colors and questions. It links with Zapier and has hundreds of ways to integrate.
ConsIt took a bit to understand how to do what I needed to do. I found it easier after watching some of the help videos.
September 26, 2019
Sylvester D.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2018

“Perfect for students”

OverallMy knowledge is getting better and better with unimaginable speed
ProsThe pricing technology they used to determine my location and price accordingly. This did not affect any resource availability and provided with the best knowledge
ConsThere is no cons as such. I love the website and its user friendliness. SEO needs to be done better on the site to get more users for this.
August 31, 2018
Ricardo P.
HSE Advisor
1001-5000 employees
June 6, 2018

“Thinkific is very easy to use for non technical people.”

ProsEasy to use, I may host my videos directly with no extra cost, visual is fantastic and intuitive. The software is complete which include marketing, learning and webpage tools. even the hosting is included.
ConsThe use of SCORM could be have more functionality like others with hosting direct in the thinkific like they do for videos.
June 6, 2018
Barbi G.
Writer, Administrative Assistant
Internet, 201-500 employees
May 10, 2018

“Thinkific offers the option to create course content to share with others.”

OverallThinkific is a great program to use to create course content. It offers flexibility and various options when creating courses for others.
ProsThe ease of use in creating course content - adding lessons, videos, images, and more. It is a great program to start with even if you are new to creating a course.
ConsIt would be nice to see more options in how your "course" appears to others, such as having themes to choose from.
May 10, 2018
Kofi H.
CEO/Founder
November 16, 2017

“In general a pleasant warm and positive experience”

OverallFurther motivation to pursue the training and hopefully the course. I want to acquire the same customer relations skills that they seem to effortlessly have and exhibit. So far in my understanding . I am encouraged to pursue y search further.
ProsThe step by step guide is very helpful. Also the staff is all over you wanteing to give a helping hand. I am of the view that the software will help me develop a great course and to teach it or them
ConsThe software could do with some simplification and streamline oftions made available. The great thing is that it does not have too many negative characteristics. Also when members of the team contact audiences they could indicate their relationship with the rest of the team, in particular the individual one just contacted.
November 16, 2017
Global Fellowship Manager
International Trade and Development, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2017

“?”

ProsSuper user-friendly, great design/customizable, killer customer service, motivating/engaging/incentivizing for learners, Canadian ??
ConsThe only con for would be that you can't have a private class with a free account. It would be great to have this option for registered nonprofits with small overhead budgets that have volunteers to train. Can't really think of any others!
June 21, 2017
Alicia T.
outreach
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great Free Trial Option”

OverallAssisted with development of of materials for a course but have limited exposure to this on an ongoing basis.
ProsI really like that Thinkific offers a free trial option. This helps you determine if it is the right choice for yourself or your company. It is easy to add modules and alter the material on these modules. You can customize as you see fit and upload the materials needed without issue.
ConsThis product does cost. The trial version gives you that first taste, but the cost could be prohibitive for many.
September 30, 2019
October 31, 2017

“Less expensive and more personalized than Teachable”

ProsThey are constantly improving and have great training webinars and videos. They have a more down-to-earth "vibe" than other similar programs, and you can post just about any kind of teaching material you can think of in lots of ways - video, audio, quizzes, surveys, multimedia, etc.
ConsIt is hard to navigate, a little too busy, and syncing the sign-ups I get with my email software has been confusing. Also, replying to student posts doesn't always go through - a student never got my response to her long post.
October 31, 2017
Christina G.
Master Coach + Relationship Expert From Discord Harmony
March 12, 2018

“User-friendly, Budget-friendly, Amazing Support”

ProsI love the pricing which gives us "options" on how we want to spend our money. The platform is very user-friendly. Plenty of training videos for the most technically challenged user available. I used this platform before and it has been greatly improved since then.
March 12, 2018
Gary T.
Health & Wellness Instructor
December 5, 2017

“Easy to use. Very good instructions. ”

ProsEasy to use. Very good instructions. I was able to create an online course very quickly with no experience, just by following their instructions.
ConsWas a little slow in loading course pages, especially the Landing page. I was using Microsoft Edge browser. Later switched to Google chrome and was faster.
December 5, 2017
Rocky K.
lead
October 3, 2017

“Thinkific is a fantastic LMS for anybody who wants to teach online”

ProsI highly recommend Thinkific to anybody who wants to build an online course. Other LMS platforms are focused on enterprise space, or require a bunch of tech professionals to set it up for you. For thinkific, I recommended it to 50+ year old teachers who were able to navigate the platform and build courses. It's incredibly easy!
ConsNot much. Thinkific does have a short learning curve, which they cover in their training. But it's pretty drag and drop.
October 3, 2017
Daniel T.
June 22, 2017

“Great platform! exactly what I was looking for”

ProsThe platform has many valuable features. I didn't use them yet but I'm looking forward to that. I'm glad that they exist and make things easier for teachers willing to give online lessons to those interested in their topic. So far my experience with thinkific was good.
ConsThe landing page took me a while to build because you actually need to know some coding but as I understood this is being optimized right now which is great.
June 22, 2017
Heather R.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
April 25, 2019

“Beauty in a platform”

OverallI am taking courses so am a user on this program and from a perspective of student its great and easy to manage.
Proslayout is great easy to use friendly spaces
Consdoesn't appear to be mobile friendly images seem stretched
April 25, 2019
January 19, 2018

“Not the prettiest, but gets the job done”

ProsCan easily get started and put your course up and available for enrollment. Like the theme options made available.
ConsNot very mobile friendly, where it is difficult to navigate and adjust video playback. Not as aesthetically pleasing.
January 19, 2018
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees
January 26, 2017

“Updates keep knocking out our data”

OverallTwice our landing page was changed due to software upgrades made by Thinkific. Clearly, they are not testing their software enough before pushing upgrades. It would be fine if it were something not public facing but the landing page and title of the site? Not good. Started out strong but really lost our trust. Maybe ok for part-time or hobbyist but cannot trust a business to them.
ProsEasy to use. Seemed like a good idea.
ConsThey do not test updates enough and twice have completed changed our landing page without our knowledge or consent (rolled back to old data or knocked out customization completely). Is too steep to pay for something we can't trust our business to.
Recommendations to other buyersIf brand image and reliability are important to you. I would think twice.
January 26, 2017
Alberto M.
Account Executive
November 21, 2017

“Simple, straightforward, effective”

OverallMy course was up and running in a week (after I made it) without me having to think and organize landing page, payment methods, download pages, etc.
ProsEasy to understand and use; it guides you through a predefined pattern customized for the provisioning of online course
ConsFew customizations available.... but it in some cases it's better so! If you like to make your own pages, you know html/wordpress etc you may want to develop your own platform
November 21, 2017
Peter B.
March 8, 2017

“The platform that gives you everything”

OverallThinkific is a very sophisticated platform with all the necessary stuff for course creators. Wonderful UI, smooth and fast working. Their plans are realistic and the feature lists are awesome. They have good quality educational videos and also a helpful support team. I was investigating other platforms too, but they are the best price/value solution.
March 8, 2017