Greenhouse Ratings

Overall

About Greenhouse

Greenhouse is the leading applicant tracking software for growing companies. Thousands of the most successful companies like Allbirds, Betterment, ClassPass and Slack use Greenhouse to optimize all aspects of hiring and onboarding. Stay a step ahead of the competition for talented people by giving your company the tools needed to win top talent -- from start to finish. Learn more about Greenhouse

Nick R.
Operations Lead, People Tech
August 29, 2017

“I've used Greenhouse for 3 years and I am my company's GH admin. ”

ProsGreenhouse is great. It's very customizable to your recruiting operation while providing clear guidance on how to best organize your operation. This improves your candidate/interviewer experience while maximizing your data/analytics and workflows. Their customer service team is top notch. They're friendly and helpful and always solution oriented. There's so much I personally like that I'll just have to list a few (in no particular order): - Offer Workflows (with approvals) - Job Setup - Customizable Options (Offer details, Job details, Tags, Candidate details) - Greenhouse Analytics (Okay I lied, this is my favorite) - Employee Dashboard - Referral Process (Posting to social media, tracking, organizing referrals as a referrer)
ConsThere isn't a lot not to like. Greenhouse is growing fast and their software is evident of that at times. There are some legacy situations that they've chosen not to prioritize (like bulk updating approvals on jobs) with their engineering time, but though the solution today is time consuming, they're obviously making progress to minimize the pains. When you use Greenhouse, you're using a tool that does more than track candidates, it helps you interview better and it helps your team become more confident in their hiring decisions. So, of course that opens the door for growing pains as they scale and learn what their customers need. On a more technical side. The way they've designed their API doesn't always make the most sense. They provide some resources to understand it better but until you're neck deep into when candidate_ID and application_ID are used and what historical information is connected to each, it's a bit like learning a new language.
Brian B.
Director, Talent Acquisition
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
December 8, 2016

“Pretty Close To A Silver Bullet!”

OverallWe use Greenhouse as the platform for all recruiting functions globally. Prior to implementing Greenhouse, we had a lot of manual processes in place and the recruiting function as a whole was decentralized. There was no central repository for all recruiting-related information. With Greenhouse, we were able to align the team globally, centralize all functions, automate processes, and create a better hiring experience for managers.
ProsReporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system's many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn't have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don't have to do that. It's also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a high level. All this lets me keep my finger on the pulse of hiring, and report effectively to the business where we are with progress to plan, while at the same time advising on trends I'm seeing and actions we may want to take. Interview Kits/Scorecards - Another great feature of the system. Getting everyone on the same sheet of music has been invaluable. Once all scorecards are input then the manager can see all of the feedback and make a decision. As I've mentioned, centralization is important to us and having all the feedback in one place makes it easy on recruiter and manager alike. And the interview kits are a great way to set everyone up for success because they can be customized so that the whole interview panel takes the same approach, or each interviewer can be tasked with a specific question set. And it's all so intuitive and easy to use. Several of our senior executives have set the standard for user engagement with Greenhouse! User experience - This was one very key area for us. We believe that recruiters are partners to managers, and for them to want to engage on that level, we needed a system that was user-friendly. And Greenhouse is definitely user-friendly. We have a high level of engagement here which has helped to further our goal of creating a culture of recruitment here.
ConsReporting Customization - Although there are many canned reports that cover a variety of areas, I still have to export multiple reports in order to build a report which tells the story I'm trying to tell. User Access Customization - I understand this is something on their product roadmap. It would be great for them to get more granular in terms of access-level functionality.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're looking for a recruiting system that is user-friendly, intuitive and customizable, you should definitely look at Greenhouse. The greenhouse allows us to be fluid with our recruiting process, which is important because we have to be able to pivot quickly to support the needs of the business. Being able to tailor processes to a specific role, customizing interview kits and operate with a high degree of transparency (which Greenhouse allows you to do - everyone can run reports!), then this system should be given serious consideration.
December 8, 2016
Sarah F.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2016

“Greenhouse is so fresh”

OverallI did a fair amount of investigating ATS systems, and Greenhouse ultimately won my business and has kept it for a several reasons. 1. Customer Service. Their sales team understood the difference between availability, persistence and harassment. Their implementation specialists are patient, articulate, empathetic, easily accessible and even open to product improvement suggestions. Support tickets are handled quickly and when the matter is a more complex tool-wide programming solve, they still communicate the outcome to you---even months later!! 2. UI and UX. It's sexy, intuitive, and easy to use. Trying to get timely candidate feedback from super busy creative people, many of whom are naturally disorganized, has meant the simplicity of Greenhouse has been a godsend. They even like using it because its pretty. Anything to made the horse led to water drink, ya know? 3.Customization. I love that I can change make both minor tweaks and major adjustments to scorecards, job posts, work flow and hiring teams with zero headache. We can also put our unique brand voice on everything our internal team and candidates see, so nothing about it feels robotic. 4. Candidate Experience. It's fast, simple, and clear on the receiving end, which is the most important part. Feedback from our candidates, even from rejected candidates, has been glowing since we started using Greenhouse---a vast improvement over our previous MO. 5. Ease of Communications. Communicating to and about candidates is simple and fluid, AND can all activity around a candidate is logged, so you check and double check last communications---key when you have a large pool and fast moving process. It's also web based, so use it from your phone, home computer or anywhere that's not your desk. The only drawback is that the flexibility in the rest of the tool is not represented in the reporting. The reports can be a little difficult to decipher and there are some sets of data not offered that would be quite useful, though not critical. On the whole, the reporting features are more than adequate, but relative to the awesomeness of the tool and service otherwise, it would step up a bit.
ProsCustomer Service, UI/UX, Customization, Candidate Experience, Ease of Communications.
ConsAnalytics, Price (if you're a small business)
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are a small to mid-sized business that will be scaling rapidly, I'd recommend this investment---especially if you need to solidify your employer brand internally and externally. For small business, it might be overkill if funds are tight, but if you can swing it, you'll find it nothing but a pleasure to use.
November 7, 2016
Avni S.
Sr. Talent Partner
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Solid ATS”

OverallOverall, I've had a positive experience with Greenhouse. I like that you can schedule interviews in it as it connects to google calendar or outlook. The customization of scorecards is a huge plus so you can make sure interviewers are testing on accurate material. I love also how greenhouse sends automatic reminders to interviewers to submit their scorecard. This eliminates unnecessary emails from me. If your a small company, I think your really benefit from Greenhouse.
ProsGreenhouse is an easy ATS to use. It's easy to create job reqs, job posts, and you can customize your evaluation form aka scorecard. When we initially got Greenhouse, we set up training sessions with interview teams on how to use the platform. Majority of the feedback we received from our interviews teams was that it was extremely easy to use. I also loved how greenhouse has tutorials so we were able to leverage that as well. Customer support has been wonderful, anytime we've had an issue, we can easily connect and chat to a customer service agent. I also love the share jobs to social media feature where you can connect your linkedin through greenhouse and share jobs that your company has.
ConsThe metrics can be improved on. I wish there were more metrics on how many people in the company share the most jobs to their social network. Also, sometimes customizing reports can be a bit difficult. There has been some instances where it took some time for a report to pop up.
51-200 employees
November 7, 2017

“Comprehensive Solution, Broad Integration Partners”

ProsNo glaring holes in the tools a small-to-medium sized organization needs to track, manage, evaluate, and hire candidates. Lots of push-button integration partners to drive downstream workflows, such as Background Screening, and HRIS export.
ConsHeavy configureability means heavy variation between customer setups. This is true in nearly every software solution, not just Greenhouse. It would be great to see Greenhouse take more of a lead in providing good examples of objective candidate evaluations. Scorecards that coach interviewers on how to objectively evaluate certain attributes, etc...there's plenty of research out there on preventing bias in interviews, and how evaluate candidates more objectively. We'd welcome Greenhouse to take away some of the 'configurability' in favor of stronger leadership on evaluating technical and non-technical qualities objectively and without bias during interview. BambooHR, an HR Information System, does a great job of leading their customers by designing functionality that support best practices in performance review, performance management, and goal setting. They simply don't allow their customers to configure their way out of doing good reviews. They explain the research behind employee engagement, good reviews, and stick to their guns. This is good industry leadership, Greenhouse could learn from that. "Choose your own path" isn't always the best.
Julia L.
3.5/5
August 21, 2015

“Gets better with every new release”

Pros- Ease of use & great support documentation you can point individual users to so the recruiting team is not inundated with one-off questions from users. - Access to customer support through the chat feature - Ability to make feature requests - The product is constantly evolving and growing with our needs as a fast growing organization - Many levels of specificity when setting up alerts you want to receive - our previous ATS alert emails were either all or nothing but with Greenhouse you can select exactly what you want such as alerts when candidates move to different stages, or alerts for specific interview rounds which is very helpful.
Cons- Restrictions on customizations: For instance, I'd like to create an additional "sourcing strategy" but am not able to so many candidate sources end up under the "other" bucket which leads to poor reporting on source of hire and ROI tracking for some recruiting initiatives. - Workflows can get real messy real fast if you have a larger recruiting team - Reporting is just alright - not as robust as I'd expect which means managers end up doing quite a bit of manual work to build a story to tell to execs. Be ready to export reports to excel and expect to spend time manipulating data.
Recommendations to other buyers- Take the time to set up a well thought out interview plan (interview stages) that will be consistent across all departments hiring. Otherwise you will have very messy reports very quickly. - Take the time to work with hiring managers to create scorecards. - When first implementing Greenhouse, get the entire recruiting team involved and encourage the team to explore all facets. Before launching company wide, we all created test candidate profiles that we played with to try to find loopholes. It was also helpful to create test "hiring manager" or "interviewer" user accounts to have a better understanding of what our business partners would be able to see/do with the system.
August 21, 2015
Jessica L.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
October 29, 2018

“The best ATS on the market”

OverallGreat experience -I've recommended it to at least 3-4 other tech companies and have completed user research studies and given product feedback to help enhance the product experience. Greenhouse really listens to their customers' wants and needs and tries their best to build it into the product roadmap for you, and most times they do.
ProsI've been a greenhouse user across 2 different tech/startup companies and it is the ONLY ATS that I would trust to handle and manage all of our candidate processes. The UI/UX is seamless and easy to use, and the reporting/metrics are very user-friendly for pulling. Greenhouse is the modern recruiter's best tool to keep things organized and flowing nicely, ensuring that no candidate slips through the cracks and by providing visibility to hiring managers and teams.
ConsGreenhouse is a pricey software, so be aware that it is an investment, but one that will help streamline any recruiting process. Greenhouse is constantly updating/changing the interface (usually to improve the experience), so don't be surprised if you log in one day and all the sudden can't find something where it used to be. But their customer service is really good if you do happen to run into any questions/concerns.
October 29, 2018
Elise S.
August 3, 2015

“It IS easy being Green..!”

ProsGreenhouse... more like FUNhouse! Greenhouse is the most intuitive ATS out there. It's easy to use for interviewers as well as recruiters and hiring managers. It's definitely the cleanest product out there and the innovators behind it obviously care about staying at the top, as is clear from their constant updates. Greenhouse is also the most data centric ATS I've worked with. It allows you to really track your hiring data to be able to make smarter recruiting decision down the road. All in all, very few complaints about the product or the people behind it. Save yourself the research - work with Greenhouse!
ConsGreenhouse is by far in a way the best ATS I've worked with. Having said that, sure, are there things that could be better? I'm sure (though none come to mind right now). It would be great if you could post to social media about all jobs at your company as opposed to one specific job (though I think they're working on this). It would also be great if my "resources" on my google calendar synced up. Right now I can scheduled interviews to my specific calendars via google calendar, but I can't schedule them to a specific room, or "resource." These are pretty small things though and I'm confident whatever isn't perfect will be soon enough!
Recommendations to other buyersIt's important to decide what factors are important to you. Do you need the most data focused ATS? Do you need it to be incredibly easy for interviewers (not just recruiters) to use? Do most hires come from referrals and so you need that to be a convenient process for employees? Lucky for you, Greenhouse is top notch on all of these factors and more. Truthfully, you need to make sure that whatever ATS you're going to go with is working constantly to stay relevant and is making upgrades and updates often to keep up with the demand of the hiring space.
August 3, 2015
201-500 employees
November 9, 2017

“Been using Greenhouse for 2 years - overall positive experience”

Pros- The interview kits and scorecards are great. Easy for my team and for interviewers to use. - The UI has continued to get better over the years; clearly the product is continually being improved and new features being built. - The live chat feature is really helpful (I've used it many times), though it's been a little confusing knowing if we had an Account Manager to call with questions; I believe we had one when we first signed, then were told later we no longer had one, now we have one again? - Lots of helpful integrations, with G-Suite, Docusign, Linkedin Recruiter, etc.
Cons- Reporting functionality is rather lacking. I find it not useful and challenging to use. My team uses excel sheets outside of Greenhouse to manually track all our metrics, like time to fill and how many screens it took to get to a hire. - Pricing spikes if your employee count grows, so you may be paying significantly more for the same product in a year or two. - Keeping track of passive or prospective candidates is nearly impossible. Unless someone is an active candidate in an active job, it's likely I'll lose track of them.
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
March 12, 2019

“Simple and intuitive ATS”

Pros- Greenhouse is easy and intuitive to implement and to train new users - hiring managers, recruiters, sourcers, admin etc. - Ease of application for the candidates - Application form can be fine tuned to include custom questions tailored to the organisation - Greenhouse covers additional aspects of recruiting life-cycle as well with additional features like D&I, On-boarding - Open APIs to help integrate with other software - Greenhouse has integrations with widely used software in the market and if an integration is not available - it gives its API to implement that - Ease of implementation on Careers Page - Greenhouse is flexible in hosting the jobs on Careers page and gives multiple options there
Cons-Since candidates do not have a log in account, from a candidate's perspective there is no status check option available on the careers page - which is an easy solve and not a huge con - For organisations looking at advanced analytics, Greenhouse does not offer anything in-house but supports an additional service called Greenhouse Analytics in which entire data base can be loaded in-house - Customer support can be patchy at times
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2019

“Greenhouse for recruiting”

OverallOur organisation switched to Greenhouse while looking to make easy managing candidates, that is, making sure we don't forget to close out all candidates who applied and interviewed with us. We've been able to easily do this through Greenhouse. I'd recommend it for any startup and large business alike with a solid recruiting team!
Pros- Easy to group candidates and send out one mass email in very few minutes. - Easy to see what positions a candidate has applied for in your organisation, why they were rejected and interview notes from other interviewers. - Links to website and acts as an independent job search site for your organization. - Can be used for not only recruiting but also for onboarding. - Ease of signing in with Google. - Easy to learn the basics and use it within a day.
Cons- To grant access to a hiring manager to a specific job you've created, one has to go to settings-users-add the user to the job. Would be nice if there was a shortcut to add users easily, this takes up alot of time if one has to add several people. - Reports aren't user centered and not easily customizable. Seeing detailed recruiting metrics from reports is almost impossible.
March 26, 2019
Susan G.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

“Greenhouse & Go”

OverallWe love Greenhouse. We are able to bid on larger contracts knowing that we will be able to ramp up and source new hires very quickly. We are very happy to have a ready pool of well qualified candidates in GH, ready to go. As a workflow tool, we can monitor and improve our own performance and track our success. We have transparency among users so we don't drop the ball on hot candidates. Very happy!
ProsWe found Greenhouse very easy to implement. As all small companies, we wear many hats and had to work our implementation plan around our other responsibilities. It was very easy to knock out a few items on our task list every day while keeping all the balls in the air. I've also found Greenhouse to be user friendly for my colleagues who are less focused on recruiting, but still need to jump in from time to time.
ConsThe "search" options are good but could be a little more robust....seems like the default settings slow us down a bit. When I want to search through "All Candidates", I have a few resets to do in order to get the whole database.
Carly B.
HR Manager
August 15, 2016

“Greenhouse is a great ATS! ”

ProsFirst off, the Greenhouse team is super responsive to questions! The simply chat window at the bottom makes it easy to get a hold of a representative when there is an issue. Overall, the entire system is SO easy to use! I train new hires and managers on the system and I only get a few that come back with questions. The offer process - easy. Changing the interview plan - simple. Scheduling, adding permissions, creating templates - it's a breeze. We moved over from a previous ATS that was not intuitive, customer service was miserable, and we felt very limited on what we could control with the system. Greenhouse is very customizable, super easy to use and troubleshoot, and encompasses everything that an ATS should!
ConsThe one downside to Greenhouse is that they constantly are updating their UI to the point where it confuses the users! I find that after I've created training material, Greenhouse will change the UI and I have to take new screen shots and update my deck. They then do not update their own training material quickly enough for users to use. I've also found that they have been having some issues when it comes to the communication between Outlook and the system. They have had to change the scheduling alias multiple times from calendar@greenhouse.io to calendar2@greenhouse.io to schedule@ghcalendar.io to fix the issue.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is great for our start-up! We are excited to grow with Greenhouse and know that there may be some growing pains along the way that they will need to work out. But they are open to feedback and treat their customers wonderfully!
August 15, 2016
Sasha J.
Head of Talent Acquisition - Global
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 30, 2019

“Highly Intuitive ATS with strong automation”

OverallGreenhouse has provided excellent improvement of our recruitment process such as candidates scheduling which in turn has reduced the time spent on administrative tasks. We have also had a high level of engagement across our Hiring Managers and Interviewers due to the intuitive nature of the software and excellent UX. We were able to roll out the system with very little training as the system is so easy to use.
ProsI most like the highly customisable workflows and templates that can be used as well as the level of automation that can be embedded has significantly reduced our manual administration and management of the recruit to keep the recruitment process on track. Friendly reminders keep you on track with your schedule and also drives productivity across the team .
ConsInitially it took me a while to get used to the "Self-Service" model of support (given I had not used the system before however the video instructions and tutorials have been very useful and easy to digest.
June 30, 2019
Joshua D.
Manager, Talent Acquisition
August 31, 2017

“Greenhouse is the best ATS I have used in my career”

ProsGreenhouse allows our organization to streamline our hiring process. From applications to interview feedback to offer creation, everything is much simpler since implementing Greenhouse. The best feature, for me, is the interview kits and feedback. It allows us to set up interviewers for success during interviews and make sure we have consistent selection criteria. Also, the scorecards make gathering feedback much easier, I don't have to chase down hiring managers anymore. Throughout the buying and implementation process, everyone at Greenhouse was great to work with. They were transparent with pricing, worked within my expectations and timelines and did a great job helping me through the implementation process. I have now purchased and implemented Greenhouse at my last two organizations.
ConsI think the one area that can be improved/added is more features focused on nurturing previous candidates.
August 31, 2017
Renaud D.
HR Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
August 30, 2017

“Greenhouse is a great recruitment software that creates a very smooth process.”

ProsThe system is very flexible and quite intuitive. The screening tool helps saving a lot of time and communications with candidates and the hiring team is quick and easy. The recruitment pipeline can be tailored for each recruitment and all the interview notes or test results are stored on the candidate profile. Reporting options cover all the information you need to understand your recruitment trends. The system also facilitates referral schemes, panel creation, internal job board and multiple job board if you have different branches.
ConsAs with any systems, there are always small details that could be changed to suit personal preferences. The interview notes once exported in pdf could be better designed and I would like to have more options for the interviewer profile. The phone app has recently been updated and most functions are now available - hopefully the next upgrade will include the possibility to email candidates!
August 30, 2017
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

“Review of Greenhouse”

OverallWith Greenhouse, we have automated so many processes which is great. Greenhouse support chat is always so useful, and very quick with responses. Our account representative is not very responsive. I know he is very busy with many clients, but I'd appreciate a response quicker than a week and a half.
ProsThe thing I like most about Greenhouse is how in depth it goes with the applicant tracking process, we recently found out about the candidate pipeline report/email, which is something we've been doing manually for years, and knowing that this exists will help us tremendously. Things like the candidate pipeline email that make our manual processes easier are awesome.
ConsThe thing I like the least about Greenhouse is how feedback on little things is not taken, and it takes a very long time for anything to be implemented or changed. I've found two bugs last week that were big errors for our process, and its very inconvenient.
Megan A.
Manager, Global Recruiting Ops
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
March 12, 2019

“More of this is needed”

OverallCustomer chat is actually pretty good compared to other companies I've worked with. I wish GH was more willing to have customer panels where they listen to what the needs of growing companies (from the previous question it is obvious that we have ideas). I regularly get the following answer from chat "that's not something we can do, but I'll give your use case to our product team".
ProsThe UI for recruiters and hiring managers is great; very easy to use
ConsThere is a lot of functionality that your competitors have that would be greatly helpful. 1. Being able to pull in hierarchies so additional logic can be built into approvals 2. Being able to add a logic table to comp by job code selected. 3. Questions should have the ability to have default answers 4. Tracking full email history for candidates convos 5. Have more logic around when questions in approvals appear questions based on answers from other questions, not just based on the organization details etc...
Pierre R.
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
Legal Services, 201-500 employees
November 9, 2017

“Greenhouse turned out to be a great tool for a fast growing company like ours”

Overallfaster recruitment cycle, better internal communication with all stakeholders involved in the Talent Acquisition process. it is probably one of the factors that made Yerra Solutions a recipient of the 2017 "Great Place to Work" Award
ProsThe implementation turned out to be easy and straight forward, with great customer support along the way... Creating new job openings is simple, with many items easy to customize to our specific process. Creating new candidate profiles is straight forward with the integrated CV parsing. Generally speaking, navigating through the system is smooth and dummy-proof. Greenhouse helped us reach the next step of our business grow and development, with standard Talent Acquisition processes in all our geographical locations across the globe, while always proposing applicants a professional experience. And just as importantly, it helps us share information and integrate totally the Talent Acquisition functions within the "business" functions, facilitating exchanges with interviewers and hiring managers.
ConsDue to data privacy protection compliance, we cannot provide access to Greenhouse to all our workforce, which limits the capacity of employees to make direct referral
Alex M.
VP People Operations
Internet, Unspecified
December 6, 2016

“Used them all, GH is a dream come true. THANK YOU”

OverallI have 10+ years of experience in the Talent Acquisition space and I've used just about every ATS you can think about, from the monsters (Taleo, SilkRoad, etc.) to the startups (Jazz, Lever, Jobvite). I've never felt compelled to write an online review before, but I'd never been blown away by a recruiting tool before either. Out of everything we've been working on this year nothing has had a more dramatic an impact on my team's success than our switch to Greenhouse last year. For me, it's the everyday workflow and productivity improvements, the confidence that we're focusing our efforts in the right place, the pride that we're more on top of it all than any other recruiting tam I know. I don't know how I survived without their incredible reports - I can give the CEO the hard data showing why we need the funding we do, or how much we've improved since the previous quarter, or what we need to do to prepare for the hires we'll be making in 6 months... Even just seeing how the HM's actually use it and knowing they're on the exact same page as the recruiters has been a dream come true. Thank you Greenhouse!
ProsEverything. reporting communication time-saving structured interviews meaningful feedback phenomenal suport it makes life better it makes me happy it makes my team happy it makes my hiring mangers happy it makes my CEO happy
ConsThey don't have an HRIS function ... (yet?!)
Recommendations to other buyersYou won't be able to go back
December 6, 2016
Zack K.
Sr. Product Manager
Computer Networking, 10,001+ employees
May 22, 2019

“Excellent service for managing the hiring lifecycle”

OverallGreenhouse works well for us to manage the hiring process.
ProsThe collaboration features are what I like best about Greenhouse. The platform makes it easy to input candidate information, kick off the interview process, drop notes to other team members, and provide feedback on the candidate. It's easy to incorporate things like coding tests within the workflow of the interview process. I typically spend most of my time reviewing candidate information and conversing with the recruiters to follow up on next steps. The "interview kit" is provided to all interviewers which includes interview prep, job details, resume, and scorecard. Greenhouse has a good notification (i.e. nag) system which reminds you of pending interviews and to fill out scorecards. You can configure security to make sure that only specific folks have visibility of certain candidates (i.e. based on job role, etc.)
ConsUI is a bit dated and would benefit by being modernized. At times navigation around all the various candidates can be cumbersome. Requires all candidate information to be inputted, no integration with various job sites to be able to search through candidates. While it's easy to import candidates from LinkedIn, it would be nice if there were a way to sift through them via Greenhouse.
May 22, 2019
Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Good insights, but not fully intuitive”

OverallOverall, I am glad we use Greenhouse. It is not fully perfect as a software, but it is certainly helpful and has interesting bells and whistles.
ProsGreenhouse is what we use to bring together our recruiting team and hiring managers when finding the perfect fit for our company. It's aesthetically pleasing, very helpful for creating a complete tracking system for candidates, and shines brightest as a space to collectively share our thoughts on candidates. We use greenhouse religiously at my company, and I like the transparency that the service provides. Some additional helpful tools: Greenhouse allows you the ability to customize questions/fields for applicants, which helps us to identify the strongest candidates at the submitting stage. You can also track how well your posting is doing -- it tracks where applicants come in from, which is helpful for our hiring team.
ConsAs mentioned in the title, the software is not fully intuitive. I've spent more time than I like clicking around trying to find a candidates original resume and cover letter. It feels like some features are buried or hard to find -- Greenhouse could do some work to direct traffic a bit better.
November 13, 2018
Internet, 501-1000 employees
November 7, 2017

“Customer Support is great”

ProsNot only is Greenhouse easy to use, evolves with our business, offers new features and functionality but the Customer Support and Account Managers really listen to feedback. After discussing questions on chat I often make suggestions for future features to add to the product roadmap - the amazing part is seeing my suggestions come to life! Being a Greenhouse user for the past two years I have seen many of my ideas added and my Account Manager always adds a personal touch by letting me know when my ideas will go live.
ConsBeing in Ops and an Admin I always wish for more flexibility and customized options for users' permissions and reporting. Greenhouse offers other options to meet our needs but I would love to be able to build my own unique permission sets, reports, and dashboards.
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
April 1, 2019

“Great tool once you understand it, has room for improvement”

ProsCustomer onboarding provides you with a checklist of the steps on setting up your tool. I liked that enables collaboration within the hiring teams, Google Spreadsheets reporting feature, scorecards customizable for all positions, automatic integration with Glassdoor, Indeed and LinkedIn jobs, customizable interview and offer templates, approval process, integrations (BambooHR, Join, Small Improvements, G Suite).
ConsReporting is not customized, basic careers page could be much better looking, I would wish teams could adjust the view (list of candidates or Kanban board view), tagging and CRM feature could be more recruiting team not individual focused (fee applies with every new CRM feature user), reporting could be more visual. It has a hefty price tag.
April 1, 2019
Colin P.
Learning & Enablement Specialist
September 6, 2017

“Overall, our experience has been quite positive. We have seen a lot of growth in the product.”

ProsEase of use is a big pro - one of the main deciding factors to choose GH 2 years ago - Being able to keep most of the recruiting process in one tool Follow up reminders Scorecards are a nice value add Excited for the ever increasing reporting capabilities DocuSign and HIRED integrations Stage notifications Notes and mentions feature Offer and email templates Candidate survey Tagging - I'm sure there are others...
Cons - While not a total con - scheduling - trying to find internal room availability is not as intuitive as we would like (not as intuitive as using Google Calendar to find the rooms outside of GH) - other than that massive improvement to scheduling - Rejection notifications if people have gone through a stage in our process - we may be the anomaly as our hiring managers handle most of the recruiting process where us as recruiters facilitate the process and schedule interviews
September 6, 2017
Susanne S.
Head of Recruitment
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 4, 2019

“User friendly and versatile ATS”

ProsGreenhouse is very easy to use, easy to adapt to your business needs and has work amazingly well for our fast growing company. Greenhouse is truly scalable, it fit the bill when we had 150 employees in the Netherlands only and it still fits the bill now that we are well over 1000 at Dept world wide.
ConsAs a digital agency we have high standards when it comes to look and feel and the Greenhouse standard application form is not up to scratch. If you decide to use a nice looking custom form, this also puts limitations on the data you can collect in Greenhouse. Having to make a choice when it comes to form and function is a problem.
July 4, 2019
Internet, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“Great tool for recruiters!”

OverallIt has been really helpful for me as a hr professional to recruit with greenhouse. I've worked with other tools in the past, and definitely greenhouse offers a complete set of functionalities for you to hire the team you need.
ProsIt allow recruiters to forget about spreadsheets once and for all!! Really powerful functionalities, you can hire your candidate end to end with greenhouse! Great implementation experience. The customer success team helps a lot with trainings during the first weeks so you can learn everything about greenhouse. After implementation, great customer support!
ConsIt could improve the UX in some of the views. If you are working in large teams, everybody has to be committed to use greenhouse, otherwise spreadsheets could return.
Accounting, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Streamline the Employee Hiring and Onboarding Process”

OverallOrganizing the onboarding process. Making sure all new hires are going through this pipeline and that we are capturing interview notes for our internal benchmarking to understand what questions worked and what didn't along with potential red flags that were noted that didn't end up panning out in the future. We are looking to reduce turnover and have had some initial success, but even where we failed, we now have strong feedback and notes to reflect on.
ProsI really enjoy the transparency of this software. We were able to integrate this with our single sign on (SSO) provider that we were using to encourage our employees to get active in posting job postings, recruiting candidates, viewing job postings and providing feedback, participating in part of the hiring process (interview or technical interview feedback), and to allow employees to see the progress of new hires or candidates in the pipeline. It is a very transparent tool that is simple for employees to pick up and use - self-explanatory with no additional training needed.
ConsSome of the canned checklists and score cards were lacking questions - no worries though, can import your own or add to the ones already provided. There isn't much that is lacking - once we figured out the permissioning and assigning employees based on their region and title in our company, we were able to get individuals to see candidates that would impact them or the ones they they were responsible for or referred.
September 30, 2019
Divya B.
HR Generalist
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
August 6, 2019

“Greenhouse ATS”

OverallGreat Customer Success Managers team to help with migrating to their ATS
ProsVery user friendly applicant tracking system, you can customize the ATS based on your business processes. The customer support is there to answer any of your questions at all times and are very quick in their service and providing solutions. Amazing reporting features!
ConsSometimes the word documents uploaded or the job description fonts do not copy properly. You have to correct the font sizing to make it uniform.
August 6, 2019
Ashley B.
Director, Talent Acquisition
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
March 15, 2019

“Greenhouse”

OverallGreenhouse has streamlined our entire hiring process and allowed us to serve as better partners/collaborators with the rest of the organization!
ProsWe love Greenhouse! It has saved us so much time because of how efficient it is. It is also a great tool for our hiring managers. They love the capabilities and having access/transparency to candidates and our hiring process. We also really like how easy the scorecards make it to track the right data and keep historical information for pipeline purposes.
ConsThe only con I can think of is that you can't send a link to a scorecard after an interview. We sometimes have other members of our team join interviews impromptu and it can be difficult to get their feedback via scorecard.
March 15, 2019
Computer Games, 201-500 employees
March 12, 2019

“One of the most user-friendly ATS I have used in 20 years of recruitment!”

ProsGreenhouse is an ATS that responds to most of the needs of a recruiter, when used in an appropriate way (there are so many potential options that we are still discovering most of them). User-friendly, customizable, makes communication great between the business and recruitment, great to schedule interviews, good to collect feedback. Reporting is also easy to pull, and no big drama from agencies when they need to upload candidates. Pretty simple, smooth and results-driven as a tool.
ConsUnfortunately, the search function is limited and should be expanded. We end up with so many candidates in the database that are not the first go-to talent pool when opening a role.
Claire P.
Technical Recruiter
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
March 18, 2019

“Better every year”

OverallI have been suing Greenhouse since 2014 and have loved the new features and usability over the years. It's easy to train new hires and it houses all the information necessary when making a hiring decision.
ProsThe organization of Greenhouse is very clear and self-explanatory. I don't have to train interviewers on what to do because the system and notifications are so thorough. I like the integrations a lot.
ConsThe reporting has always been a bit iffy in terms of accuracy. It is not Greenhouse's decision or fault, but my job posts that push to Indeed and Glassdoor never update. I have to create a new posting and repost in order to have the job refreshed on job boards. Creating a new job distorts reporting.
March 18, 2019
Julia S.
Chief of People and OrgDev
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 12, 2019

“Greenhouse is a game-changer for recruiting”

OverallGreenhouse has been really responsive to any issues, questions, or bugs -- and those have been few and far between.
ProsIt's so easy to use and intuitive that we haven't had to train our staff on how to use it. Truly incredible. It's really helped us manage recruiting better and reduced the amount of time that it takes to hire.
ConsMostly it incorporates best practices around recruiting into the design. There are a few place -- like inability to score candidates -- that I wish would be built out. If you're comparing 30 candidates that you've gotten from a pool of 300 and have to decide who to move forward to interviews, the rule in / rule out mentality no longer works.
Craig S.
Account Executive
August 7, 2018

“Great for both Candidates and Recruiter Users”

OverallI would really consider Greenhouse before implementing more complex solutions like SAP, Oracle or other more expensive ones. Greenhouse is as powerful, if not more powerful, more flexible and truly modern recruiting software build with users in mind.
ProsGreenhouse is probably the most powerful, easy too use recruiting software/ATS. Greenhouse is build to allow recruiters and hiring managers to work together, sharing and collaborating easy. Managing your recruiting process could not be easier with custom setup. Recruiters can plug in many services with a very easy to integrate API, giving you access to job boards, social media, video interviewing platforms and many others. Reporting is also made really easy with custom dashboards.
ConsI really can not think of any downside to implementing Greenhouse - it is a truly standout provider.
August 7, 2018
Bethany P.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2017

“Collaborative & Structured Hiring”

Pros- Encourages collaboration between interviewers - Built around the idea of a structured interview process, which helps us make data-driven decisions - UI is intuitive and easy to navigate - Customer support is top notch - responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable - They continually roll out new features and improvements, largely based on feedback from their user community
Cons- There are a lot of reports that come with the system, but no option to build custom reports from scratch - Managing prospects is a bit messy and often creates duplicates. We've adopted a Talent CRM (Beamery) to help us better manage prospects and talent pools.
Sharon S.
July 11, 2017

“Best All Around ATS”

ProsIt's got almost every report I could ask for. Really easy to set up and building & publishing new jobs is a breeze. It's helped calibrate candidate evaluations across our interviewing teams. It integrates nicely with our HRIS & Payroll platform to make the transition from offer to hire pretty simple.
ConsIf there is one thing it is missing, it is the ability to create questionnaires or tests that can be sent out during the interview process. If you want to collect customer Q&A, it can only be done at the time of application. I don't like the idea of making the application process that long for folks who wouldn't pass the initial recruiter screen.
July 11, 2017
Kristen T.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
July 30, 2015

“Can't Live Without It ”

ProsFirst and foremost, the customer service. I recently joined a company to start their first recruiting team, and Greenhouse has been absolutely incredible in patiently answering endless questions, helping me with training, and figuring out the best work flow for the types of needs we have. Their instant messaging that is built into the software is also wonderful to have for those quick questions when you can't find something, or figure something out. I love being able to manage job postings from Greenhouse, track where candidates are coming from, as well as the reporting features that are built in. It really is a one stop shop for any recruiter's success.
ConsThe only thing I can think of is when a resume won't parse, which is very rare and an issue within the resume not Greenhouse. They've really thought of just about everything and are making updates and improvements all the time so there isn't much I can think of that is a negative.
Recommendations to other buyersYou will be hard pressed to find another recruiting software that offers customer service like Greenhouse does. This software is also entirely customizable, intuitive, and it doesn't require individual user licenses! This has become the central hub for the entire company to manage candidate workflow and reports, and I wouldn't trust any other ATS out there to be as robust and reliable as Greenhouse. If you are a smaller organization looking to grow, grow with Greenhouse. It will save you a lot of trouble later on down the road.
July 30, 2015
Kristina G.
TA Operations
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
August 29, 2017

“It's been a great partnership!”

ProsThis is the most intuitive and well thought out ATS that I've used and we consistently receive that same feedback from within the TA team and from the business that we support. The Greenhouse product team is very forward thinking and receptive and it shows in the frequent releases. The interview kits, easy integrations, approvals, referral tool and the mobile app have all shaped the way our team works. We've also had a great experience with our Account Director, which can make all the difference.
ConsThe biggest con for us would be the basic reports. We quickly outgrew them and needed to move to an in-house solution.
Aubree S.
Staff Auditor
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
July 5, 2019

“Great for Recruiting”

OverallGreenhouse is being used for recruiting new employees through current employee referrals as well as tracking applications that come in for current job openings. This has helped with tracking of applicants as well as job openings for employees to send referrals to the company. The ease of using this program has helped cut down time needed to train current employees how to use the program which is great.
ProsGreenhouse is a great recruitment and application dashboard to host all open positions and manage referrals from current employees for future prospective candidates. I like that tracking of applications is made easy with Greenhouse as well as it is a pretty easy to learn program. It does require a lot of training of current employees to use the referral portion in Greenhouse.
ConsI wish this integrated with more software programs, but other than that, no complaints! It is customizable and they have friendly customer support. It does integrate with Google calendar and is fairly easy to use for all.
July 5, 2019
Ribhu A.
Associate
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
June 23, 2019

“Good aggregator for recruiting and onboarding needs”

ProsApplication Review tool is easy to use and fairly visual. The site itself is pretty comprehensive and robust. It's nice that it can manage the application flow from different websites and postings into a single view for each job.
ConsIntegrations for postings on other job boards could be more straightforward and upfront. Doesn't do a good job of managing duplicate candidates and candidates with re-started processes, or candidates who don't take a job but you still want to keep in your pipeline/database. Some of the notes/candidate feedback should be available to view more centrally; still lots of Slack/email communication regarding our take on candidates. Would also like more customization for interview feedback scorecards.
June 23, 2019
Heather E.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
March 12, 2019

“The Best ATS on the Market”

ProsGreenhouse is the best ATS I have used to date. The functionality far surpasses any other system. It does take some time to setup to the fullest extent (since there are so many options), but it saves you time exponentially in the long run, and makes the administrative burden of recruiting as seamless as possible. I love that interviewers and hiring managers can be actively engaged with the platform, and that Greenhouse gives them the tools that they need when involved in a hiring process.
ConsThe only con is that I don't find Greenhouse to be the most intuitive of systems. It's certainly something you can master with minimal training, but I don't find it to be the type of system where you can login for the first time, and intuitively know what to do - there is a learning curve. That being said, the positives far outweigh this one piece - it's just something to be aware of when considering expectations.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2018

“Phenomenal features, easy to use - but extremely high priced, not great support/export”

OverallHelpful to map out a recruitment journey in one place. But can be done with more control of your data in many other HR tools.
ProsIntuitive features and easy to process between steps Helps to ensure consistency between interviews, plans, and third party integrations for staff intake and hiring. Easy to post jobs and link multiple job posts to the same position internally (newer posts get more applications, but don't need a new job inside the portal) Allows for constant hiring, and deep analytics on use of HR teams time and performance - Really not a fit for small or midsize firms, you can tell its great for the enterprise
Cons- Support is great initially, then is not as helpful after execution (contract lock in) - Pricing is annual, and very high - Hard to justify the ROI for convenience on HR team - Pricing is completely based on size of the company (meaning how much you can afford) vs. the use of the platform or feature set - Prohibitive annual, upfront, and renewal terms - Company tried to renew automatically within contract notification periods, without confirmation/touching base previously, and expected higher contract terms without discussion or proposal - Exporting data is non-functional. Only left with Resumes and not full details, notes, or other data your team may have created (Keep that in mind when spending time analyzing candidates and for legal/compliance) - Really consider how your team will use this, and if it is either a time saver or money maker for recruiting. Chances are, it's not - but it is convenient in one place. But once you're in it - very hard to leave and difficult to offboard.
May 21, 2018
Claire P.
Technical Recruiter
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
November 9, 2017

“I've been using Greenhouse for 4+ years and will continue to use it in the future. ”

OverallHaving access to all candidate history, contact info and feedback is a lifesaver when it comes to recruiting and compliance. Greenhouse also helps us establish and follow a clear recruiting process.
ProsIt's so easy to train new users. The software is intuitive and new users pick it up quickly. It has been really cool to see all the new features added over the years.
ConsIn the past year, I have seen a drastic increase in glitches and bugs with the site. I've submitted more tickets to support and have had to find more workarounds for things like calendars not syncing. Additionally, the accuracy of the reporting feature could use some extra attention.
Online Media, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2019

“A smooth ATS ”

OverallOverall, I think that Greenhouse is a really great choice for an ATS if you can afford it. It's a solid product with great customer support.
ProsWe used Greenhouse at my previous company and I was very fond of it. One of my favorite features were the scorecards that allowed us to get feedback from each interviewer. This has really helped to streamline the decision making process for us. The UI is very sleek and straightforward. Video interviewing is also a really helpful feature. I think their mobile app is far superior relative to other ATS software.
ConsGreenhouse can get pretty expensive and I also wish there was a way for candidates to login and check the status of their application. Reporting could afford to be less clunky.
September 12, 2019
Internet, 501-1000 employees
March 7, 2019

“Pretty good.”

ProsGreenhouse has a lot of features and their customer support is super responsive. I think it's the best ATS on the market, and they treat their employees right which means the product will continue to improve and thrive. There are still many improvements I'd like to see before I can consider this an excellent option for large companies.
ConsRight now certain features are really slow. Reporting takes forever to load which causes me to not use reports as often as I otherwise would and takes away from that feature in general. I know this is something that will likely be improved over time. Some things are glitchy. If a candidate is on multiple jobs, it will oftentimes assign the candidate to the wrong coordinator/recruiter which makes notifications difficult. It has a feature that tells you tasks that you need to do, however it doesn't differentiate between different roles on the team. For example, it tells coordinators that they have tons of candidates to schedule, and when you click into the dashboard many of the candidates are in early stages that are scheduled by recruiters. Could be improved because I don't know how well this will function as our company scales. Dashboard feature could be improved.
March 7, 2019
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
December 16, 2018

“Greenhouse for Candidate Tracking”

ProsGreenhouse does a great job of allowing you to manage your applicant tracking from job posting to hiring! You can create the job descriptions right in Greenhouse, create a hiring team with different levels of responsibility and access, post the job and have it live to multiple sites with a click of a button. You can even customize where you place your ads. You can even customize job questions to help filter candidates!
ConsThe job questions weren't searchable which would have been nice in order to field out location.
December 16, 2018
September 11, 2018

“Greenhouse just works, one stop shop for recruiting process”

Overallexcellent experience
ProsVery intuitive interface, even for first time users. There is no learning curve, from adding candidates to submitting interview feedback. I especially like the "Fly on the wall" feature which allows you to leave notes to other interviewers and recruiters about candidates. You can also get nice dashboard reports of all your open reqs. Never had any performance issues with this site.
ConsOverall there wasn't a lot I didn't like. The mobile app is pretty spartan, but that's fine for this type of service.
September 11, 2018
Pablo v.
Executive Director
51-200 employees
April 5, 2018

“Great recruiting tool, meant mainly for large companies”

Overallgreat overview of in which stage is every candidate and who is responsible for moving forward the recruiting process candidate, access to the questions and answers, avoid subjective discusión among recruiting team (make decisions based on data)
Pros- Alerts when you have to take an action - it is not only an app is a recruiting expert consultant. Every component of the app makes you think on how to select your candidates. You need to enter a job description, when doing so, you need to think what question would help you to assess the candidate, then you need to think how many phases will have the process, who needs to be involved, you can explicit to the team of interviewers what exactly do want to explore while doing the interviews, etc.
Cons- If you don't work daily in recruiting, for example, if you are a manger that hires every 3 or four months, the app is a complex to understand, and you can easily forget how to use it. - For a large company it pays itself, but for small companies that probably don't need all the features but the basics , turns out to be expensive
April 5, 2018
Sara M.
August 17, 2015

“Greenhouse.io Is an Industry Game-Changer!”

ProsGreenhouse ATS goes beyond just a software, it comes with a community, a easy product, and GREAT customer support. The community piece is huge in the industry. Greenhouse provides ample information on the latest ways to attract talent, understand how to making scheduling effortless, and coaches on best practices for any company size. They provide the best customer support by always answering and problem solving with you, no matter how silly or how complex the question. If they can't resolve the issue immediately, customer support gets back to you within 24 hours and provides an update on your issue. Greenhouse provides a great blog to help you learn about great companies and how to improve your employer branding. The integration with varies software is obviously an added bonus!
ConsThe product is growing like any other innovative company. That said, they have some features that they are working on building to support their clients better. They stay humble and focused on making their clients/customers excited about the builds to come, but set the right expectations as well. The reporting could be improved, but still provides a clean export for excel etc.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend to try Greenhouse. You won't go back since other ATS don't have immediate support.
August 17, 2015
James D.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 27, 2019

“The perfect tool to hire your next employee”

OverallGreenhouse is a great tool to use for job postings and interviews. It connects with Outlook, which makes life 10x easier. However, unless you're willing to invest in a product that will help in the long term, the sticker price might shock you.
ProsGreenhouse is the ultimate tool for posting job openings and going through the interview process. It allows you to schedule interviews, make notes on the candidates, and even post openings on social media. The integration with Outlook is also a big plus that way you don't have to look at two different programs when scheduling an interview.
ConsThe only real con is the price. As a small business, it's hard to justify spending a lot on hiring software when you could easily just write things down in a Word document. However, if you consider how much time it will save you in the long run, it's totally worth it.
January 27, 2019