Premier Ratings

Overall

About Premier

Empowering construction firms to work smarter. Premier is an all in one accounting, job cost, project and document management software voted #1 by Gartners. Developed for General Contractors, Construction Management, Design Build, Land Developers, Home-builders & Specialty contractors. Trusted by thousands of companies and rated at the top leader in 2019 & 2018. Focused on delivering a modern and powerful software that is simple to use for end users and easily accessible from anywhere. Learn more about Premier

Judy L.

“Love Jonas”

OverallMy goal with Jonas was to implement a software that would take us into the future and allow some automation. The time savings I have seen has been incredible. It has allowed us to stay steady with the accounting staff we have with little to no overtime! The staff has been great and at times extremely patient with us.
ProsIt is easy to get around the software. It is great to store all documents in one area. The drill down capabilities make it easy to get to documents without having to do dig for paper in a file. The financial reports are amazing. There are so many options it is great. You can make your own, but the canned solutions make month end reporting a snap. There is a job dashboard that will show you everything about a job at a glance. I am in this quite often for varying reason. There is a lot of information in a snapshot. I like that Jonas listens to the users and implements options that make sense. I also have a main go to person for customer service. He is amazing and listens. While he may not always agree, he will point out the reasons my solution will not work. Most of the time, he takes it to the team to further action. They have a great online search area. While there isn't a ton of people contributing, there are a good number that are consistent with good best practice advise (users like me).
ConsCheck writing with lien waivers is a bit cumbersome. I can't wait for lien waiver tracking to be automated. There are so many fields we use, but Jonas doesn't use them in any way. For example: email addresses are just there, it would be nice if you could email people directly using these fields (invoices and pay apps?) Adhoc reporting does need some help. I am used to being able to get to all the fields and I cannot always get to the field I need.
Sommer W.
June 28, 2019

“Jonas will take us to the next level!”

OverallWe had a lot of redundancy with our current system and Jonas will provide a clean and clear electronic process for us. We wanted to bring as much as possible under one roof, and we wanted a clearer picture of job costing and future projections. We were also tired of relying on excel documents for so much information. Jonas is helping us solve all of these problems, as well as helping to get important info out of people's inboxes and into a system that everyone can access! It will also help us to reduce data entry errors and small mistakes with billing. Thank you Jonas for coming at just the right time in the life of our business. We feel confident that you'll take us to the next level!
Pros1. Full service software Jonas is a full service software that includes original estimates, subcontract creation, change orders, progress billing, T&M billing, RFIs, data management, and much more. Everything is included under one roof so instead of having to bounce back and forth between multiple programs we can access almost everything we need in one place. 2. 6 weeks of amazing training! The training and implementation aspect of this software was excellent. The team is friendly, professional, helpful, and always willing to answer questions (and I asked a TON of questions) and help us figure out how to make Jonas work for our company. I really appreciated that they helped train us in best practices and showed us ways to improve upon our current processes. We loved having people to hold our hands and guide us through the process. 3. Organization I really love the flow of the software and how well it organizes our jobs in an easy to use system. It's quite robust and takes time to learn, but once we're up and running I know we will be so grateful to be able to perform so many operations with the click of a button. No more hunting down important info in emails, printed documents, or computer files. We'll be able to access so much information in a short amount of time.
ConsLearning anything new takes time and effort. There was definitely a lot to learn but Jonas emails us all of the training videos so we can access them at any time and there's a ton of support once we Go Live. We're a small team, so it felt like a lot of work, but that's normal with any new software implementation. If you have a small amount of employees, you'll really need to manage your work hours well so you can continue running your business and handle all of the training and implementation. We did it, and you can too!
June 28, 2019
Michael G.
1-10 employees
February 21, 2019

“Integrated Project Management, Document Management, Accounting, and Job Forecasting Software”

ProsTo prioritize the pros of this software as compared to the traditional out of the box type softwares in its category, I have to say the overwhelming advantage of Jonas is the people who handle your transition into the implementation of this software tool to your company or companies. I mean, who cares how extensive and exhaustive the features are if you don't have a personalized team to help you get up and running. I personally don't quite understand how they are able to offer this type of personalized customer service for each client. They learn your business and how to best organize it and even tailor the software to meet your needs. I've never experienced this before. They listen to what you need and then come back with modifications or a different approach to continually streamline your day to day operation. You are assigned a team from the beginning, actual human beings that you interact with on a first name basis. They are on top of things, and that's really comforting for someone who is a habitual procrastinator. They make your daily tasks a breeze with minimal effort. I like that it is an online application. I can access it from any device. Really handy when looking up stuff on a phone while I'm on site - a suppllier invoice, contract, plan, sketch, etc... The user interface is very simple, everything is right there on one screen and not buried under a hidden tree of drop-down menus. You can create your on short list of favorites on the fly. The document manager is like having your own unlimited DropBox portal but with the advantage that the search capabilities are infinitely more powerful and logical, as the software stores all of your documents that you upload, attach or link for you to find through multiple queries as opposed to DropBox where if you forget the name of the file, good luck finding it. Very handy in my business as a builder is the tracking of subcontractor compliances that can be set up to block payment or at least warn on payment of a sub if he's late on a particular compliance. This was a real problem before. Who has time to constantly check and harass these guys for compliances. Just don't pay them and see how quick they email you that compliance .
ConsOnly complaint is that the software initially seems to be more set up for sub-contractors rather than general contractors and developers. I also buy land and build independantly so the accounting is quite a bit different as I have to capitalize expenses and revenue at completion of projects and jobs if I want to maintain a positive cash flow. The consequence of this is that the customer service team has to re-adjust to first understand the very different accounting that I need to have in place and from that point make adjustments and tailor the software so it suits my needs.
February 21, 2019
Amy S.
Director of Operations
July 25, 2019

“Implementation Process - Onboarding - Go Live”

ProsWe love the automation of the software and its ability to streamline our overall process. After researching many construction softwares, Premier was the best fit based on its ability to drill down into details and its ability to make changes in an interactive platform. What set Jonas Premier apart from other softwares even more than the software itself, is their support staff. The on-boarding process was complete and step by step for our team to successfully roll out. The functionality of the software forced us to improve our processes as a company creating efficiencies that did not exist prior to Jonas. We are very pleased with our decision and very thankful for the support team at Jonas Premier.
ConsWe have not currently experienced any cons. There are areas that we have had to create work-arounds based on accommodating project specific needs, but the software has handled it nicely.
July 25, 2019
Terri G.
Exec. VP Operations
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
May 22, 2019

“Learning as we go, current training client loves what we have seen so far!”

OverallEveryone at Jonas has been very professional, friendly, helpful and seem to genuinely want our conversion to be a success. They have been very accommodating with my schedule and the need to reschedule appointments or take things out of order, based on work load. Everyone is incredibly responsive and I couldn't be happier with our training to date.
ProsWe are currently in the training phase and are about half way through. I love that during training we have live webinars with the trainers and are able to ask questions and follow along in our test environment. Trainers are very knowledgeable and patient and the webinars are designed to be easy to follow along! The provided recordings of the webinars are a big help in going back and working in the test environment on your own afterwards. The webinars are followed up by one on one calls to discuss your company's specific needs and to dig deeper into specific areas; these sessions have been incredibly helpful and I highly recommend taking advantage of them. Coming from an environment that has done all of its project management manually, this is a huge conversion for us and based on everything we are experiencing during training, we made the right decision to go with Jonas!
ConsSo far in training, there isn't anything I don't like about the software, as we are still digging in and learning our way. Some modules are easier to follow along than others, although I think that has a lot to do with personal preference (I enjoy the PM training sessions much more than the accounting). I think for me my biggest frustration with the training is the scheduling of the webinars. As the person leading the conversion, but also having to accomplish my regular work on a daily basis, two back to back hours of webinars twice a week is sometimes difficult to manage and I find myself having to skip or leave early at times. If i could change anything it would be maybe to have a morning and afternoon session instead of back to back.
May 22, 2019
Barbara K.
Admin
March 29, 2019

“Great Customer Service and Software”

OverallWe are extremely happy with Jonas Premier! The customer service is outstanding and our rep always goes above and beyond when we have questions. Although we do not fit into the standard general contractor box, Jonas has shown us that it can be utilized to fit our business needs.
ProsWe enjoy the scalability and functionality of Jonas. As a small business, it allows us to function at a much larger scale with less woman-power. Previous to using Jonas, we were doing most business functions manually, such as AP, AR, and Subcontracts. In the last year, we have been able to integrate these processes into Jonas which has improved workflow tremendously! We love the reporting options we have and how we can get real-time information without having to search through a bunch of emails and hard files. The release of the Sub Pay App has been heaven sent for us! It has eliminated all confusion on contract amounts, approved change orders, and our subcontractors submitting various different invoice formats at various different times in the month. Our subs find the process easy to use and our admins get all the information they need with one click.
ConsWe have noticed in working in certain areas that even after saving and refreshing the tabs, we will have to completely log out and log back in to see changes. It is also very difficult to correct/delete certain things after they have been processed. We understand this is to protect the integrity of our data, however, there have been times when we would have liked to override/remove items for our own ease of use.
Andrea O.
May 2, 2018

“Jonas Premier has been an exceptional software to work with here at McGuire and consistently continues to get faster, more detailed, and user friendly on a monthly basis! ”

OverallMcGuire has been a customer with Jonas for over 2 years and we have been extremely happy with the continued upgrades, support, and top notch software they provide at an affordable price. Looking forward to future enhancements and having the opportunity to meet not only your staff, but other customers at your upcoming convention!
ProsSpeed, versatility, customer support, and friendly staff. When work/construction was scarce for our company, you took the time to help us come up with a payment plan. The reporting is amazing! You have made a lot of changes in regards to being "user friendly" AKA the ability to delete. Keep this going! Pending AP Invoice Report is also a great addition. I am grateful for your monthly webinars followed by the taped session to refer back to. Dashboard is freshlove it!
ConsOn reporting such as the financial statement report we see -#'s different then we are accustom to. When the number is negative it shows in positive and when positive it shows in negative (with bracket). Can that be reversed? Since the new update I have posted some items and they don't show up on other tabs unless I logout and back in (even after refresh) this has happened 3 times. When a change order is rejected its unable to be modified. I would like more opportunity to drill down into reports.
May 2, 2018
Tricia R.
Accounting
September 25, 2019

“Jonas Premier Review”

OverallWe can now create percentage of completion reports instead of using excel spreadsheets. The reports are a great tool for project managers.
Pros1) The software is very user-friendly, the upgrades are very useful and the support is good. 2) Cloud Based - can be accessed from any where. 3) The development team does listen to recommendations for software use and tries to develop and implement those suggestions.
Cons1) We had a very difficult startup and implementation period. Our recommendation would be to someone looking into the software - Once you go through the group training, there should be one on one training to custom the software to the individual organization's needs. We were rushed through the training and right into one-on-one. We did not have enough time to convert the information from our old system in order to know what questions to ask. 2 ) We have issues with the software rounding, so reports and invoices are out of balance by pennies. 3 ) Could not use the mobile app - The APP does not work for Daily Reports
September 25, 2019
John S.

“Great experience”

OverallAlthough we are not a huge company, we have found that this software can be run with just one person. It doesn't necessarily take a whole team of people to keep up with the day to day accounting or project management operations. On our previous software, I had little time to do anything but accounting work; but with Premier, I now have time to get out of the office and quote work, while still keeping up with my accounting role.
ProsJonas Premier has surpassed our expectations. Premier has reduced the overall time we spend on accounting procedures every month, allowing us to focus more of our attention on our customers needs, estimating, and selling jobs. There are many reports to make sure we stay on top of our AP and AR. Although we haven't started to use the Subcontract portion of the software yet, we are hopeful that it will streamline our subcontract agreement process. The Accounts Payable section is extremely easy to use, and with the Jonas Premier add-in for Excel, entering new information is a breeze.
ConsThere are still a few small things that need to be worked out, mostly ease of use features. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to remember to post your work; for example, we pay bi-weekly, timecards must be posted each week, and then again at the end of the pay period. So, for a two week time period, I have entered and posted timecards on two occasions, but then after the second week is posted, you have to post the whole payroll period in a separate location.
Phillip M.
Chief Operations Officer
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees
October 7, 2019

“The Best Project and Financial Management on the Market”

OverallWe use Jonas Premier extensively to manage all of our Solar EPC and Solar Construction projects. We use it to manage all aspects of the project (people, schedule and cost). Features like the dashboard provide management with a quick tool to see the status of a project, and also provides the ability to dig down into the numbers to see what is impacting the project.
ProsThe fact that it was capable of managing both project and financial data in one platform, but was still robust enough for even a large organization. Premier has the ability to cover about 90% of all project management needs, and they are already working on the other 20%, which would cover the proposal process. The financial management is as robust as any major system on the market.
ConsThe only thing that I did not like was the inability to support the proposal life cycle. However, I believe they are already working on adding this feature.
October 7, 2019
Nikola I.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
May 28, 2018

“Strong Customer Support and Workflow Approval Capabilities”

OverallI would recommend this software to other companies in the real estate sector. While the software has some weaknesses, their team is constantly working on adding new features to improve the user experience and efficiency. Also, customer support at Jonas is very strong and their team is usually very responsive and is there to make sure your transition goes successfully.
ProsThe software has very robust workflow routing capabilities and can help companies transition to a paperless workflow approval process. Controls within Jonas are strong and there is a lot of ability to customize what each of the users can and cannot do in the system. The implementation team is very helpful and responsive to questions/concerns. They work hard to address issues encountered and have helped to ensure that the transition process goes smoothly as possible.
ConsThe software is mainly geared to sub-contractors and not real estate developers. As such, Jonas currently lacks some capabilities which cater to developers (e.g. currently the Change Order report only looks at changes from the revenue perspective as opposed to the cost perspective). However, Jonas is working on addressing these issues. Navigation within the system can be improved to increase efficiencies (e.g. being able to select multiple invoices within a batch to approve as opposed to doing one by one if you don't want to approve the whole batch, or not being constantly asked whether you want to save changes while you're still scrolling within the same module). Also, sometimes there are bugs in the system (e.g. not reflecting the changes that were made) but most of these can be resolved quickly by logging in and out of the system.
May 28, 2018
Hesam D.
Principal
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2019

“Great Product by a Greater Team”

OverallThe staff have been excellent in providing ongoing support.
ProsThe integration of the project management and accounting modules.
ConsThe Mobile app needs improvement specially for the site staff.
Nick C.
September 6, 2019

“Review”

Overallexcellent.
ProsEase of use, drill down capabilities, reports and Dashboard.
Conssluggish when dealing with large amounts of data.
September 6, 2019
Micah M.
November 9, 2018

“Jonas Premier consistently exceeds my expectations.”

OverallI've used several Job Cost Accounting software packages, from SAGE 100, SAGE 300, and ProContractor. Jonas Premier is by far my preferred package. I'm telling you, their support team and development team is amazing!
ProsThis product is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve. The development team is AMAZING! They are generally interested in what features could be improved or introduced to make your workflow easier. The fact that the program is 100% Cloud Based makes things so much easier for us. Also, it is very easy to modify reports and forms as much as you want.. You don't have to use some awkward reporting engine, you can use Word and Excel to modify reports and get data in/out of the system with ease.
ConsI can't think of much - maybe that their office is in Canada and not across the hall or next door???
November 9, 2018
Nathan M.
June 26, 2017

“Perfect Construction Accounting Solution for Small Contractor”

OverallMore time you take to set this product up correctly, the more it will benefit you in the end... Take your time and get it set up right!
ProsJonas Premier has a very user friendly interface, and allows for more customization than a product like QuickBooks or Sage 100 for a small contractor. Most software packages in the cloud don't allow for easy integration with Microsoft products, however, Jonas Premier does an excellent job of allowing for quick data entry via uploads (something QuickBooks specifically doesn't allow out of the box). Getting up and running with the software was easy and enjoyable through the webinars hosted by customer support.
ConsSeems like this product needs some work in reporting. The whole software interface is nice and crisp and looks up to date using current technology, but the reporting mechanism seems like it's a little archaic. That said, you can get a lot of data easily (and quicker) through Excel, and if you are handy with Excel, reports are easily made.
June 26, 2017
Alex S.
Construction, Unspecified
March 11, 2015

“Jonas Newbie ”

ProsSo far, the product has been easy to maneuver and understand. When I purchased Jonas a competitor asked why Jonas? Here is my response: "I liked the fact that I don't buy modules. I buy a complete package that is updated regularly and I get those updates. All apps are part of the package. This enlarges our use of licenses. Since Jonas is Microsoft based, we use our existing estimating system and it will populate the Jonas system. One less group to train. I am locked into unlimited training at a defined cost. The system is cloud based not cloud stored. Access is anytime as a result. I was able to define my cost exposure 100%. That was a tremendous comfort zone. I know what my yearly cost exposure potential is limited to. I hope that helps as I wanted a solid comfort with the system I chose. In all cases Jonas seemed to best fit our needs." Response from competitor: "Thank you for your candor. All good reasons, especially pertaining to the "good fit" statement. I wish you and Max Construction all the best in the coming years and hope I get to hear how everything goes at some point in the future. It has been a pleasure working with you."
ConsI do not have any dislikes at this time. Jonas has shared new products coming on line and I am truly excited about the whole thing.
Recommendations to other buyersThe most important is to compare how many modules you need to purchase from other products to get what Jonas sells in one package. The next comparison should be what you will pay for the education required to learn how to operate the system. Weigh out the cost of being on the cloud but getting the updates as part of your original package vs using a system that you will eventually terminate, as it may not be up to the standards needed to operate efficiently in the future.
March 11, 2015
Rex M.
Accounting Clerk
July 26, 2019

“Overall Good Software”

OverallOur invoice approval process as well as our payment approvals have become effectively paperless, which I would say greatly improves productivity. The support team is very responsive and transparent, for which I am very grateful.
ProsSorting features and column order customization. Document uploads for invoices and journal entries are also a huge plus. I think the internal approval process is a massive improvement to physical alternatives.
ConsFrequent errors and calculation inconsistencies (specifically with rounding amounts)
July 26, 2019
Ty S.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Keeps getting better”

OverallWe've been with Jonas Premier for four years now. During that time my experience has been very positive. When there are bugs, issues, or questions that arise, the support team is very responsive and helpful. The leadership team is very connected with the needs of their customers; they care about what their clients want and need and their development team delivers. The software has grown and matured nicely. The most recent version is a significant enhancement that has been in the works for a while now, but it was well worth the wait. I like the software....I love the company. Premier has been a valuable partner to us.
ProsThe newly released Premier is very responsive; crisp and quick, with drill down capability throughout. We have yet to fully use the capabilities of the software.
ConsAlthough all of the data is accessible via Odata and can be formatted and reported in unlimited ways, I'd like a few additional canned reports.
Chunrong H.
VP, Corportate Controller
April 23, 2018

“Smooth/excellent TRANSITION with help of the JONAS implementation team”

ProsThe different models are excellent to meet the accounting requirements for contractor, construction and development companies. I especially like the excel uploading/downloading function which saved us a lot time! And compared with other softwares I implemented, the function to transfer beginning balance is an easy work now. The job costing model, the PO model and the Subcontract model are excellent and enable us to provide any reports that the projects team would request.
ConsI strongly suggest JONAS improve the customized report function. This function on the in-house version is perfect and hope the cloud version can do the same.
April 23, 2018
Stephanie S.
Office Coordinator
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
May 9, 2019

“Great Software - Ongoing support”

OverallGreat!
ProsI like that it's an all-in-one accounting and project management software, making information collected via data management, AR/AP, and PM integrated and centralized. They also provide excellent onboarding and ongoing customer support. I'm new to construction as well as to bookkeeping and their team has had endless amount of patience and for my equally endless number of questions. No problem is too big, small, or ridiculous for them to tackle.
ConsI made the somewhat unfortunate decision to request a Macbook instead of a PC for work. While the add-ons are mainly used only in the setup portion, the only thing that isn't ideal is that some of the MS Office Applications Add-Ons do not work with the applications for MS Office for Mac. The team, however, is super great about making the necessary adjustments on their computers so that it's not remotely the end of the world.
Andrea M.
April 29, 2019

“Jonas Premier”

ProsJonas Premier really does a good job integrating all facets of the accounting and project management sides of managing your construction projects and presents it in a clean, intuitive cloud-based software. The training process, though extensive, truly is great and individualized so that you can tailor the software to your needs. The one-on-one experiences with the support staff is great and they really do listen and actively address any questions or concerns that arise. In terms of how it streamlines our management and accounting process, I couldn't be happier. We get more done by doing less, with less opportunities for errors and greater opportunities for managing costs appropriately. I'm excited for how this software makes us a more marketable and efficient company overall.
ConsTraining is a bit time-intensive; but on the flip side of that I really do believe their training is great in that they really do want to make sure you know what you are doing before you "go live" in their software. One perk of Premier is that most of their costs are paid all upfront; however we were a bit blindsided with some recurring costs that we thought were included (i.e., mobile app use, sub pay app, etc).
April 29, 2019
Travis W.
Project Administrator
March 28, 2019

“Modern, Integrated and Fast”

OverallThrough its use of customizable forms and general architecture, Premier eliminated a lot of duplicate or manual work for us.
ProsIt's tailored to construction accounting and in that way is quite intuitive to use. At a performance level, it's fast on the Web and the various ways it shares and references data internally makes workflows quite speedy. It's also regularly updated with new features and they share their roadmap and vision going forward.
ConsWhile technically OS agnostic, it's not platform agnostic or mobile friendly as it requires the Chrome browser and it's not formatted for small screens. I'm not trying to do my full AP workflow on an iPhone, but I can't look up an invoice for reference or get a vendor contact out of the system in an easy way on mobile.
Alicia S.
Accounting Specialist / Jonas Premier Superuser
March 28, 2019

“Jonas Premier - Client 118047”

OverallJonas Premier is great to supply notifications or warning to prevent a job from going over budget. It has stream lined our purchase order and subcontract process and well as linking all documentations if something would need to be audited.
ProsThe like the Job Dashboard very much. It gives you a quick view of your job to see the progress and status of each stage. Also I really like the Estimate upload feature because it makes creating subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders with a simple click of few buttons. Also the AIA Progress Billing process and T&M Billing process is very easy. Again with a click of a few buttons the AIAs and AR invoices are created with all supporting documentation attached and tied back to subcontracts or purchase orders. Also if AP or AR invoices need to be reverse the process is very simple again with the click of a few buttons.
ConsI found the company logo upload was not as easy and it should have been. There is no way to really edit the existing company logo. Also the check formatting has been a challenge getting it to line up correctly. So over all the forms creation is very time consuming and not an easy as it should be. Also setting up role security for users is not as simple.
Zach C.
Owner, Manging Member
December 10, 2018

“Bang for your buck!”

ProsIt is a seamlessly integrated, fully-mobile product that can be adapted to the varying situations that present themselves for modern construction company. Being that it is cloud based we are ready to job on a project location as soon as we have internet access; no long winded set-up process or expensive IT costs for VPN or remote server set-up. Your controller will love the product as much as your PMs if they are used to any of the traditional or non-integrated systems.
ConsYou have to create and format all/many of the forms/reports, which is both time consuming and can cause potential continuity errors. I believe that they are working towards solutions for this though.
December 10, 2018
Novzar D.
Project Cost Control Coordinator
May 29, 2018

“Perfect software for seemless integration of estimates, budgets, committments, costs and EAC ”

OverallJonas Premier people hold your hands during the transition period, patiently answer all your questions and concerns and ensure a successful transition. Periodic introduction of new features strive to keep the software responsive to customer needs and wish lists
Pros1. Logical sequencing of menu items 2. End to End consistent user interface 3. Excel training program 4. Committed and customer focused client support 5. A robust document management system
ConsI would love to see: 1. Complete glossary of all field headings used in all forms and reports 2. A user driven Report Builder that allows the user to pick and choose various fields, make choices for filtering, grouping, sorting and totalling data, enabling them to design their own reports
May 29, 2018
Braxton B.
July 19, 2018

“AWESOME!!!”

OverallWe love it!
ProsThe software meets all our needs. We run 13 companies each with different needs. This is a construction software, but we do other companies involving investments, property management, and it meets all our needs and more. One of our favorite features is the document manager. It is super easy to grab documents and attach that document to any transaction. It frees up our computer space and organizes it much better than we could have by ourselves. This software really is for everyone that wants to take the time to learn. It is a tedious process to get started, but well worth it and will save you a lot of time in the long run.
ConsMy only con would be that the training videos are a little long. I think the videos could be a quick overview of the item that is being trained on, then we are required to go and try and figure it out ourselves. The great thing with Jonas is that you can mess up in your test company and nothing carries over once you go live. So mess up as much as you want, it will help you learn. If the videos had a little revamp and shortened with more interaction, there would be not a single con to this software.
July 19, 2018
Rachel G.
August 25, 2014

“Jonas Premier Construction Software”

OverallPros: *Premier is cloud based making it easily accessible on any computer. This eliminates the need to install the program on various office computers. It also eliminates the need for a server in the office to back up the data. *Premier covers all of our accounting and project management needs. As they expand the software (ie. added Project Management), we are using fewer external software product. We are able to do all of our accounting and project management in one package. This has simplified the process of change orders, subcontracts, etc where accounting and project management cross paths. *Premier has a common layout from one screen to the next. This has made it easy to train people on using the software. As a trainee becomes proficient at one aspect of the accounting/project management, I can easily add another screen/task to their duties. *They have recently added a new community website that allows me to submit, and keep track of my cases. I can also submit ideas for future development of the software and review and promote others ideas. *The Premier team is very helpful and quick to respond when I have a question or problem. When I submit a case, they will call me, usually the same day, if they need more information to understand my problem. They check in with me on a regular basis to see if I am need anything. There is a quarterly webinar to keep us up to date on what has been added to the program, what is in the works for the future, and to find out what we consider our main issues with the program. There are monthly "continuing education" webinars on how to use Jonas Premier more efficiently Cons It meets all of our reporting needs, however the reporting still needs some work, but they are working on some new reporting options.
August 25, 2014
Lissy M.
Accoutant
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
June 26, 2018

“Very helpful and very prompt with answers”

ProsIt is a very trouble free system to use most of the time, Jonas support team as been helpful during our difficult times with the system.
ConsHaving trouble with reports and providing what my supervisor needs on some reports and not having descriptions on those reports. Also, when needing to change the distribution of an invoice is not simple and easy as it should be, we need to reserve the invoice completely and re enter it with the correct distribution.
June 26, 2018
Andrea V.
asst. manager
June 4, 2018

“Overall good”

ProsGreat customer service. Constant updates to the software have greatly improved Jonas Premier over time. Has improved since the move to Chrome.
ConsSome common functions that should be available are difficult to access like an hours and time report based on time frame and not just jobs. Thankfully we can now access this but we must access it through excel which is cumbersome. Also, I am happy that Premier is on Chrome now so I can use it with my mac, but having some external links through excel only, is not helpful; perhaps make add ons so that we can access these same functions on excel for mac.
June 4, 2018
Claire B.
Design, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2019

“Jonas Premiere SW review ”

OverallBefore moving to Jonas the job costing was all being done on excel spreadsheets - which is very prone to error and required much manual entry and duplication of entry leading to errors. Jonas job costing has solved the management of that.
ProsIt is a very robust system - there is great value for money given what the software can do for the cost. The progress invoice application system provides great reports. Great integration between Job cost and GL.
ConsSome times it hangs and have to shut down and come back in. Get some weird error messages sometimes. Best then to shut down and start over.
Ross M.
Commercial Division Manager

“Project Manager Review”

OverallOverall my experience has been good. I feel as though we have had a lot of issues on the accounting transition and that has affected our company as a whole. We are getting close to having it working properly.
ProsI like the project management tools and how well the integrate with the accounting.
ConsI am disappointed in the daily reports and mobile app. I think there is a huge opportunity to make the mobile app much more user friendly. It needs to give field personnel the ability to review and interact with their previous daily reports; that necessary function that is not available.
Phillip H.
COO
September 20, 2019

“Premier”

ProsCloud based and very user friendly for our Project Managers. Staff at Jonas Premier are very helpful and open to suggestions in order to continue improving the software.
ConsReports are available however it would be good to be able to combine information from various reports into one report. The ability to export any inquiry screen to excel would be great.
September 20, 2019
Barak O.
Accountant
June 17, 2019

“Can be great depending on your needs”

OverallJonas premier can be best described as a project management software with some accounting features built in.
ProsThe project management aspect and the integration between the project management and accounting are excellent, especially with subcontracts.
ConsInvoice entry can be very frustrating, e.g. not being able to add vendors from the invoice screen, and not being able to see the remaining budget for cost items until after sending invoices for approval. Also, editing things that were previously posted can be extremely frustrating.
June 17, 2019
Mila B.
Financial Controller
May 31, 2019

“THE BEST SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET FOR PROJECT BASE ACCOUNTING”

OverallI have been with Jonas Premier from the day #1. The software has improved its capacity and become a very sophisticated software. Customer service has improved 100%. They respond quickly and they are able to solved the problem right away.
ProsWEB BASE SOLUTION, DRILING ACCOUNT OPTIONS, GETTING INFORMATIONS AND NAVIGATE THROUGH OUT VERIOUS MODULS, REPORTING
ConsPAYROLL MODULE DOES NOT FULLY SATISFIED ME. I have been
May 31, 2019
Tricia A.
April 25, 2018

“Jonas Review”

ProsWe are a mid-sized construction management company in Michigan. We outgrew Quickbooks and needed a program that had a more robust job costing function. Jonas allows us tonnage our projects from start to finish. Our implementation team and support team has gone above and beyond in making sure our switch has been smooth and provided training both through web sessions and one-on-one. We've had to make some changes in our procesdures but overall it's working well for us.
ConsI switched from Quickbooks and the implementation was difficult at times. The implementation team worked closely with me and was very knowledgeable.
April 25, 2018
Troy D.
March 28, 2019

“Customer Service Super Star”

OverallThis is an accounting software... It does what I need it to and executive helps with "work-a-rounds" when it doesn't.
ProsGreat Value and Great Customer Service when the software doesn't process data the way intuition would dictate.
ConsSeems I'm always uncovering "bugs" or situations that require creative work-a-rounds.
Karen K.
April 21, 2017

“Premier has our backs!!!”

ProsEase of Use - we love how it's systematic, organized and well thought out. The people behind this product are what makes it that much better...they truly listen and support us and it makes all the difference.
ConsMy day to day would be more efficient if the screens were more intuitive when it comes to Data entry.
April 21, 2017
Alex S.
October 18, 2016

“Maturing with JONAS”

OverallIt was hard work. The JONAS staff was always encouraging and available. I feel that JONAS is not just a product we use but a partner with MAX Construction, Inc. I love sharing my ideas with JONAS. Some even are being adopted. Some are not, but as a team we are getting the best of both worlds and a product that can be catered to our needs. JONAS listens and adapts the ideas that will benefit the majority.
ProsAll information is in real time. Now that we are set up and operating we are developing the reports, and switching over to JONAS as our total system. Eventually we hope to be paperless. I love that I can access JONAS from anywhere in the world. I like the challenge of making this product something special. It looks like it was written for our needs only and yet it services such a large variety of customers.
ConsIt would be nice if all documents could be scrolled.
Recommendations to other buyersAdopting a new system takes diligence. Do not expect it to work overnight. Connect frequently with JONAS support. Collaborate with them and share your ideas. Read the tips of the week. They are fantastic.
October 18, 2016
JOE F.
April 5, 2019

“title”

ProsI like the interface, it's very fast to learn and user friendly
ConsI don't like that you need to set up different vendors for each company code. It would be nice if there was 1 vendor section for all the companies to eliminate a lot of duplicate entries for suppliers
April 5, 2019
Julia R.
May 26, 2015

“Finally a program for contractors built by contracotrs”

OverallPros: only use what you need, easy to navigate between modules, great reporting capabilities, easy user set up - users only have access to what they need to do their job. Easy AP and AR. Forms are customizable and Word, Excel and Outlook Add-ins are available. There is an online community of users you can search for answers in, you can vote on other user ideas and submit your own to Jonas to see if they would consider implementing. They are always progressing based on the user needs. Cons: If you are looking to go live and start using this program right away it might not be for you. There are about 15-20 training sessions that should be attended with homework along the way. We've been told there is a "fast track" way to speed up the training sessions if needed. Also, we just discovered any invoice entry into the program during training will not transmit to your real company when you go live. So don't try to do real time accounting during training and hope to use it in the future, just use the time to practice and understand the system. Details: You will have to dedicate time to the training sessions, homework and 1 on 1 sessions with Jonas employees. While you are in training you get to use a test company to practice and are actually setting up your OWN company structure - banking, GL, customers, vendors, employees, cost codes, etc.... we used ViewPoint Construction software for years and finally decided the version we were using was too expensive and too intense for our needs.
May 26, 2015
Mike P.
October 8, 2019

“Flexible, Intuitive Software”

OverallGreat experience to date. Paperless accounting process, strong internal controls and great flexibility with the excel add-in.
ProsI love how easily we can analyze and input data to/from the system. Granular permissions and approval workflow have allowed us to virtually eliminate paper copies in AP.
ConsI think some modules need to be refined a bit more. On going training should be more widely available.
October 8, 2019
Kate D.
Office Administrator
Accounting, 11-50 employees
July 23, 2019

“Software Support review”

OverallHaving to go through all this to give a good review for customer support was a pain. Just wanted to tell you that representative (Premier Support) <help@jonaspremier.com> was vey helpful and prompt in addressing my problem.
ProsEasy to use. Good reporting system. Good AP system.
ConsThat you can't copy vendor information between projects. It would be nice to be able to enter the vendor once and then assign it to a project or projects.
July 23, 2019
Howard H.
project accountant
May 13, 2019

“Thanks for all your supports”

Overallso far so good. CSRs help me to solve a lot of problems.
Pros1 technology support is very strong. 2 some features are very good, such as vendor inquire, invoice register report, and holdback function
Consit is hard to change posted transaction.
May 13, 2019
Brian C.
Partner
July 17, 2018

“Good for Companies in the Construction/Development Space”

OverallJonas Premier should be given a careful look by anyone shopping for construction accounting software. After looking at all of the major players in this space, we chose Jonas an think that for a company of our size it is the best.
ProsJonas has great service and is invested in walking you through the training and implementation process. I feel that when you sign up with them you will not fall through the cracks. The MS Office add ins make moving data in and out of the system easy and fast.
ConsThe integrations and API interface with other systems is still early stage, and the functions on this side are quite limited. Payroll may be more complex than necessary depending upon your needs. We chose to just use 3rd party payroll and get the information on the GL through a journal entry. Single sign on would be very nice, as this system has financial information, and I believe that all cloud based line of business systems should be putting security first.
July 17, 2018
Karen K.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2018

“Exceptional - as always!”

ProsEase of use - new features and performance are top notch. CS is amazing - helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and prompt
ConsStill some bugs to fix - however they are right on top of them. Other than that I have nothing negative to report.
May 10, 2018
Mike P.
March 1, 2014

“Parlay Woodworks Ltd Reviews Jonas Premier”

OverallJonas Premier is a great product for all construction companies of any size. It allows you to be more organized and provides powerful real-time information for management. As a contractor with minimal accounting/bookeeping experience I found the training process very logical and straight forward. The training staff at Jonas take their time to make sure you really understand how the system works. The job costing module lets you stay on top of things and provides alerts to help you make adjustments to costs in real time. The progress billing module helps make sure that all of your money is accounted for. You can great custom forms for invoices, change orders and billing applications. The program is setup logically with most modules flowing in the same way. Once you learn how to use one you can use them all. Another very important feature is the reporting. Reports can be viewed online or exported to Excel or PDF. Reports can also be customized to suit your needs. I find that sometimes the system will glitch out and need to be restarted from time to time. Also, if you do not have high speed internet (I don't on Baffin Island) you'll spend a bit of time waiting for the system to process information. The good news is that whenever there is an issue with the system the support team is always there to help. Their talented staff respond to issues in a timely manner and are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that my issues are resolved.
March 1, 2014
Denise C.
April 26, 2018

“Growing Software with Growing Company”

ProsEase of use, paperless documentation, willingness to improve with customer's needs, friendly and fun people
ConsCombined growing pains of our company with Jonas Premier's growing pains resulted in poor customer response
Chris T.
April 11, 2018

“Staff were very helpful in answering my questions regarding payroll upload and case issues that I submitted. ”

ProsThe Chrome version is a lot more user friendly versus the internet explorer version. Looking forward to future improvements.
ConsSome issues with clicking enter or tabbing over to the next column. I did notice in the Chrome version keying journal entries when tabbing to the end of a line it does not move down to the next line as it did in internet explorer.
April 11, 2018
Jason B.
May 21, 2019

“Great exerience!”

OverallOur job costing and overall means of business operation are going to be impacted. I foresee we will increase productivity while reducing our overhead by approximately 20% by the end of a year as a real possibility.
ProsThe intuitive nature of the software is incredible. The menu is lined up in logical order making completing unfamiliar tasks easy to learn. From handling compliances to managing AR and AP, Jonas Premier really helps solve problematic issues in job costing and keeping up with the details critical to success.
ConsThe field management. It would be nice to see an access point of the dashboard into an app field managers could use. Also, having the ability to assign punch items from multiple jobs to laborers with alerts for due dates and completion alerts back to the pm would be a wonderful feature. Out of all Premier offers, the field management has the room for most improvement.
May 21, 2019
Phillip M.
COO
11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“A Complete Project and Financial Management Application”

OverallWe are moving to Jonas Premier from another similar "all in one" solution, and from what we have experienced so far, Premier is a much more robust and easier to use system. I have to credit the ease of use to the great training program Jonas has, and also all of the support we have received along the way to ensure Premier worked for us. With our last application, we felt that we had to bend to the system and we felt forced to change our operations. However, with Premier, we were showed how to make Premier work for us and mold to the way we were already operating. We are a rapidly growing company, so it was important to us that we had a system that was robust and could grow with us. We feel Jonas Premier is the solution for our company.
ProsThe ease of use and its robustness. It handles project management and financial management extremely well.
ConsIt would be great if we could get an Opportunity Management CRM integrated. This is the only thing missing to make Premier a complete solution.
November 28, 2018