Cin7 Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

About Cin7

Cin7 is the automated inventory management platform for brands growing their revenue over $1 million. Cin7 synchronizes their stock with sales and orders across every physical and online sales channel and automates order processes for greater efficiency. Brands that sell or distribute products use Cin7 to keep costs down, margins and cash flow high and stock at the right level. Note: Cin7 is not suitable for asset management. Learn more about Cin7

Katrina G.
Finance Manager
October 9, 2019

“Fantastic Customer Support”

OverallI've had some incredibly positive experiences with the Support team - our Implementation Specialist, was phenomenal and really made the transition from our old system to Cin7 extremely smooth for us. He was able to explain things in plain English to us, and I always felt that he 'understood' what we needed. Our post-live onboarding specialist has also been wonderful, very responsive and so helpful. It's great that I get the same support specialist to work with - someone who understands our business and what we're after. We've recently had executive help us out on our account as well, and she has been so prompt to attend to my queries, and when I needed some urgent assistance, we turned it around extremely quickly, and exactly to my specifications. I could not be happier!
ProsIt's easy to use, very beginner friendly. Love that it is all available online - I can work from home or from work, or even on the go! It's also significantly cheaper that our old system, and Cin7 integrates with a lot more apps!
ConsThe Warehouse Management System is extremely lacking at this stage, which is a problem because we move stock around frequently, being a low-volume, fast-moving retailer.

By Cin7 on October 13, 2019
Hi Katrina, Thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful review. Our Customer Success team strives to provide exemplary service and will be delighted to hear your feedback. Cin7 is an ever-evolving product and service, and we're always looking at ways to improve our offerings. While we do not have a full-fledged warehouse management system at this time, we are working on some exciting warehouse management features that we hope will address the issue you mentioned.
October 9, 2019
Sean S.
Owner & IT Manager
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“Extremely powerful inventory and order processing and logistic package”

OverallWhile challenging to learn and deploy, it's unique feature set and capabilities mean they don't have any one direct competitor and you'd have to piece together multiple platform and cloud services to get the same level of features and functionality.
ProsCin7 has allowed us to integrate and resolve most of our order processing, logistics, inventory and accounting functions into one platform. The API integration into Xero is critical for our business. The reporting capabilities are very powerful and can be used to resolve a number of sales, inventory and regulatory reporting requirements. There really isn't any product on the market that rolls all these features into one package.
ConsThe price is very expensive and the learning curve is quite steep. The CRM functions are pretty light and need fleshing out. Of most concern were the surprisingly large number of bugs and errors in the reports. Support has been responsive and fixed most issues we have discovered in a timely fashion, but it has been surprising how many bugs we have identified and had to report. This left us feeling like we were paying to be a beta tester. As time goes on and the product matures, this should become less of an issue and I don't consider it a deal breaker, but Cin7 could really improve in this area.

By Cin7 on September 15, 2019
Hi Sean, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you found value in our software system and support team. We will share your feedback with the product team, as we are always looking for improvements.
September 11, 2019
Paul T.
December 1, 2016

“I would highly recommend Cin7.”

OverallOur company recently moved our stock in to a 40k SqFt warehouse, and had no inventory tracking system other than spreadsheets which were sporadically updated. I was tasked with solving this problem. After reviewing and testing MANY inventory packages, I found that Cin7 provided the best solution for the best cost. The way Cin7 integrates the entire product flow, from cutting a PO for materials to final delivery to the customer has greatly increased our productivity. The warehouse and sales process runs much more smoothly, with visibility at all stages of the process. No more calling to bother the warehouse manager to ask where an order is in the process. The inventory tracking has worked very well for us. We no longer must worry about where an item is located in the warehouse, saving us hours of picking time. We also don't have to call the warehouse manager to see if we have enough stock to complete a sale on time, as this is visible from both the product and sales order screens, and from reports. The reporting module is great, giving visibility to both sales and inventory. Using pivot tables, you can drag & drop items to be included in to a report, and the prebuilt reports are nice as well. The PO process has been greatly simplified using the Smart Buyer module. If you have set minimum levels and set reorder levels, you can cut POs to replenish all your stock in about 10 minutes. This has saved us many man hours per week. Cin7 is not simple to set up. However, they assign a specialist to your account to walk you through each step of the process and to make sure you understand how everything works. They also hold webinars regularly to explain some of the more complicated topics more in depth. These webinars are also available for viewing at later dates, which is nice for review. The help system is comprehensive. If you can't find the answer to your question, the support staff is friendly, responsive and above all very competent. Cin7 really does its best as a company to make sure you succeed.
ProsI really like the Smart Buyer module. It makes the PO creation process so easy. The reporting is really great as well
ConsThere is a learning curve, just like with any inventory and business management platform this comprehensive. Cin7 does have great support and documentation to help out to mitigate this.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you have your products and pricing in order. It will make things much easier when doing your initial load in to the system.
December 1, 2016
Gabriel P.
Food Production, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2016

“Comprehensive inventory management software”

OverallWhilst there are always compromises when it comes to inventory management, Cin7 offers a comprehensive package that covers most bases (more than any other - and trust me I researched this a lot!). And they do offer customisation too if what they have doesn't quite cover your bases. So if you have complex inventory management requirements and you are looking for loads of side benefits - POS, BOMs, B2B, 3PL etc - then definitely take a closer look at Cin7. And even if your requirements are simple definitely consider Cin7 as your company will be able to grow in to its many features. As a comparison with the many other inventory packages and POS systems I have worked with Cin7 is by far the most comprehensive and thus I really couldn't recommend enough. The cons are that it could be considered slightly clunky to work through some things - but I would argue this is necessary to have a slightly complex system that allows a company to grow into. One example of this, just to give an idea, is when using BOMs. They don't automatically update the cost price of the good they create (there is an extra step to set it up to do this which is not very obvious). This would seem annoying and slightly counterintuitive. AlthoughI would also argue that it does offer you the extra advantage of being able to choose whether a BOM price update will automatically update the cost price of a good. So you can see it can be clunky but also kind of necessary in terms of flexibility. The only other two cons I would say are the slightly outdated design of the platform which aesthetically isn't the best. And not having much choice in invoice design etc. But this is really just nit picking and something that I am sure will be fixed at some point. So overall really would have to recommend - especially if you are looking for a wide range of features and a well designed platform.
ProsIt is a comprehensive platform that offers a lot of features.
ConsIt has an outdated design and is quite expensive for small businesses to start out on.
Recommendations to other buyersPerhaps offering a simpler small business cheaper package so they can start out and slowly grow into the many features. Also just an update on the look of Cin7 would be nice as well as more ways to input design into the invoices etc would be great. Also an app would be great (especially for stock features so staff can use on a tablet). Although the responsive website is pretty good anyway.

By Cin7 on October 30, 2016
Hi Gabriel, thank you for the overall 4 star review! It's great to hear that you researched lots of Inventory Software and Cin7 was the best fit for your company. We also are trying to grow our features for our customers you're right and we update them monthly. Thank you for your honest feedback we're always trying to improve for our customers. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
October 9, 2016
David J.
September 20, 2016

“Great Cloud based Software - Easy to use and lots of features”

OverallWe were a loyal system based inventory software user for almost 3 years (Inflow), everything with our previous software (Inflow) was good. As we have grown, we wanted multiple users and we looked at other options and decided we have to upgrade to a cloud based software. I personally did not want to go on the path of server, VPN etc.. We were very nearly about to sign in for another cloud based system and at the last minute we realised that it is not a special software for fashion industry.. We wanted a software that can cope with Size, Colour, Fabric, Style and Fit variations.. Thank God the other software people actually recommended Cin7 which is a Fashion Industry special software. We are so glad we made the move.. It makes our business day to day operation a breeze and our sales agents in multiple locations (Some offshore as well) entering orders directly into the system.. This cut down or data entry time dramatically.. also we are now able to see or "Out of stock items" by size.. Also the Web portal B2B is a God Send... Our customers love this feature.. I also have to say that the customer service experience I had is double 2 x 5 STAR... On Boarder Jeff made the whole operation so smooth that I never felt I was all alone in this journey... This is genuinely a good product backed by good people.. I recommend this to any business who are looking to upgrade from system based software to cloud based programme.. Thank you guys.. we are still a long way to go with implementing this software in our business, but I am confident that we will get through this..
ProsSoftware specially designed for Fashion Industry.. Multiple Size, Style, Fit, Fabric etc.. No problem... Many advanced features like B2B webportal, Xero Integration, Email Integration etc at no extra cost. On-Board support is worth $$$$ of dollars.. They do this so well.. Thank you Jeff... Pivot table reports - We were used to excel reports.. But this Pivot table stuff is out of this world..
ConsAt times Crashes during log-ins.. I assume a bug... It is understandable considering cloud based system.. Not a major, but it will be great if they can rectify this soon. Automatic email reports.. for example a weekly email to our customers on stock or sales report etc would be a great feature. Simplified data entry short cuts (like Control + D - for entering same data for all lines) would be a great feature to add. Rather than Xero or QuickBooks, a simplified inbuilt payment system in Cin7 will be beneficial for small businesses who don't want to use accounting packages. Single user low cost (under $ 100 per month) version would benefit some small operators..
Recommendations to other buyersTest other cloud based system as well.. But if you want a good customer support team with good software, Cin7 is a great option.

By Cin7 on November 7, 2016
Hi David, thank you for the overall 5 star review! It's great to hear you think the product is awesome and the staff at Cin7 have been helpful. Thank you for the great feedback especially about Jeff your on-boarder. Thank you for the honest feedback we're always looking to improve for our customers and this has been passed onto support. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
September 20, 2016
John H.
August 18, 2016

“"BEST VALUE SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR MOST SMALL BUSINESS'S”

Overall"BEST VALUE SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR MOST SMALL BUSINESS'S This is a review based on using Cin7 for apparel/fashion based products. I had been looking for a replacement for a highly developed in house software system and had not been able to find anything that could handle style/colour and sizes involved with apparel or for that matter most fashion products. My first evaluation gave me a glimpse of an extremely versatile piece of software but because of my attachment and familiarity to our existing system could not see the benefits of what Cin7 had to offer. After 6 months I discovered Cin7 was available as a monthly subscription that represented excellent value for what was on offer so decided to have another look at it with a more open mind. WOW. What I discovered was an extremely well developed and powerful program that had a lot to offer anyone in the fashion business or for that matter any business. It also developed enough to accommodate the growth of your business up to a larger scale. From the apparel perspective we not only manufacture but also have retail which most software systems struggle to deal with. Cin7 manages this very well. I have only scratched the surface of the program and based on my initial use of Cin7 can only say how much I underestimated its capabilities. The support to date has been excellent especially with getting set up. The user interface once you have learnt the basics is very easy to get to grips with as there is a pattern that follows through on most of the main templates that are used. Based on my experience with Cin7 I would recommend getting some initial training to gain a better understanding of what the system can do for you because setting it up in the beginning to meet your requirements will reward you with a software package that will help getting your team on board as well as provide you with a valuable reporting system. Another benefit is because it is cloud based you can utilise it from anywhere you have an internet connection which has allowed me to operate from anywhere I happen to be. My background is 40 years in the clothing industry both as a manufacturing wholesaler and a retailer with 20 years of developing a bespoke software system for our business."
August 18, 2016
Chris N.
August 15, 2016

“Cin7 Review”

OverallWe started using both Xero & CIN7 in January 2014 and so far, both systems are working extremely well for us. We have two business units. We roast and package coffee locally here in Australia as well as import a premium finished coffee product from Europe. Cin7's ability to produce a customised system has allowed both business units to seamlessly integrate with Xero. Our production module within Cin7 allows us to accurately record raw materials and WIP so as to correctly transfer our stock position into Xero. Additionally, the BOM module really supports our customised selling strategy by allowing us to take different products to make up a customer specific final package. There are numerous benefits of this module which include detailed packing slips to ensure accurate picking, summarised invoices so that the customer receives a neatly finished invoice and very importantly, accurate costings. Cin7's foreign currency and freight allocation capabilities has also allowed our imported products to be accurately record in Xero. On the front end, our B2B module built by Cin7 has resulted in efficient order taking that integrates into Xero with the push of the data transfer function. This is extremely efficient during the bank reconciliation process. The main area for improvement revolve around Cin7's handling of gst free products.We had some teething problems on both the purchase and sales side of things as the majority of our products are gst free. However, by working closely with the Cin7 support team, we have been able to resolve this from both a recording of revenue/purchases and reporting perspective. I would definitely (and already have) recommend Cin7. A cost effective and efficient customer and inventory management system.

By Cin7 on August 17, 2016
Hi, thank you for the 4 star review! It's great to hear that Cin7 and Xero have been a great asset to your business! We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 15, 2016
Aleksei K.
Office worker
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
June 1, 2017

“Let's give routine to robots and start thinking more!”

ProsI know the Cin7 for a couple of years. I can see guys are growing very fast and the management quite delays to the growing of the company. The company spending a lot of time to advertise the Cin7. In my opinion, the company does not spend enough time to develop the Cin7 and work with customers especially to make customization for them. The developers and support team quite late for the fast growing company. Simple things working very well, but if you want something special for your special business process Cin7 answer we can not do it. And at the same time, I receive the same answer for some simple things which should be done by default. The Cin7 developers develop firstly what more popular under the requests from customers, so this is just one way of communication. They do not ask all customers if they need something and do not share information what other customers ask from Cin7 to make for them. Because some of the customers just simply do not know what they could possibly have from Cin7 to make their business better they need to have a support from Cin7, otherwise, some companies will loosing money on something which Cin7 could possible automatise for them or show the short cut. So the priority of development not actually going the right way. Would like to see more options for users create their own interface, reports, etc. without asking Cin7 make it for them. Cin7 can save a lot of time for the customers if Cin7 will work more to customization way.
June 1, 2017
Rose-Anna F.
CFO
Food Production, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Cin7 great for managing product margins and inventory”

Overall We found their onboarding process really useful and having a post-implementation consultant has been really valuable.
ProsWe went live with both Xero and Cin7 in April this year. We've loving the insights we are now getting on product margins, the full visibility of our inventory in multiple locations and the integrations with Amazon and Shopify. We still have more work to do to implement all the features of the system but we have a plan to work with the Cin7 team on this.
ConsWe did find the EDI process quite challenging as each one needs to be customised for the legacy grocery systems - the limitations of this process could have been made more clear at the start.

By Cin7 on September 12, 2019
Hi Rose-Anne, Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you found value in our software system and that our support team was able to help in onboarding and post-implementation processes. We will share your feedback with the product team as we are always looking for improvements.
August 28, 2019
Chris H.
August 25, 2016

“Cin7 Review”

OverallI can honestly say that CIN7 has changed our business - for the better. With only 3 staff, and I feel that CIN7 in particular, has made up for almost 1 full time staff member in terms of increased productivity. The fact CIN7 is so customisable means that we have been able to tailor a "back end" POS and inventory management system that allows for staff (and through our website - customers) to get all the information we/ they need, in the shortest possible time frame. Being an importer, the ability to allocate and apportion freight and customs charges in NZD directly to USD purchase orders, then import it directly to Xero, has meant I no longer have to manually enter this info and spread it across a shipment in a spreadsheet, then enter it again - manually, to our old POS system. It also means that our costs are very accurate and therefore our GP figures are too. We have fairly complex components to some of our furniture items, but the CIN7 B.O.M builder allows us to allocate parts to make up a final product, taking away any messy guesswork with costings and stock control. The support has been Ok, but I feel a bit understaffed at times. They have just started a new support program in August and since then the support has been great so far. There ARE improvements to be made around the reconciliation between Xero and CIN7/ Shopify Integration/ CRM management etc, but overall a pretty good piece of software.
Pros- Inventory management - allocation of landed costs. - reporting
Cons- bank reconciliation (area for human error)

By Cin7 on November 9, 2016
Hi Chris, thank you for the 4 star overall review! It's great to hear has changed your business for the better. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 25, 2016
Greg P.
Furniture, 51-200 employees
August 31, 2017

“An amazing system with awesome functionality. It has taken us awhile but it has revolutionized us! ”

OverallComplete business overview and control in real time. Stock inventory, warehouse controls, automatic purchasing, sales, point of sale for our retail stores, shopify and xero integration.
ProsManaging our 9 retail stores and warehouse is becoming very easy. This software has given us the platform and ability to scale with ease and at pace. The Laybye System is amazing and easy to track and use. Not many systems offer this purchase option. Seemless integration to xero and shopify make life a breeze. We are able to monitor each sales person in real time and look at their performances over past months with 1 or 2 clicks. The reporting is great and the Smart Buyer software has made our lives easier. Stock management and the integrated warehousing is just awesome. We track every stock movement and know exactly where it is, down to the exact shelf at any given time. An awesome product that keeps getting better and better.
ConsBeing in South Africa some times support takes awhile. Small things change on updates sometimes throwing the entire system out which results in a week or two of waiting for fixes. They seem to be getting better at this. Full integration has taken awhile but that is due to our complex business and the fact that we are learning and using every function Cin7 offers. We will never look back!

By Cin7 on September 14, 2017
Hi Greg, thank you for the overall 5 star review! It's great to hear that Cin7 has helped you be able to manage your 9 retail stores and warehouses. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 31, 2017
James T.
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2016

“Cin7 Experience”

OverallWe are extremely happy with our CIN7 experience so far (about 9 months). Previously we had found inventory management systems trying to do too much generally did nothing well. So when we decided to change we were initially looking for something simpler in the hope we could find something that would at least do the basics very well. After trialing Cin7 we were surprised but also a little hesitant because its has a full suite of features (like our old system). BUT i am very glad we took the risk. I never expected to move so much of our business management out of the backend of our website and into our inventory/sales system. It has changed the way we run our business and vastly improved the information and reporting our staff have available, which also improves our customers experience. The system is reliable, easy to use, has advanced features, has a fairly straight forward API, and the CIN7 support has also been very helpful. They actually want to set you up and get you using their system properly (whats the point of having all these features if you dont know how to use them). No off the shelf system is without its flaws as each business is different. For us we would like the manufacturing module built out for more high volume manufacturing, at the moment its a bit boutique. 'Kitting' is also a bit underdeveloped. This is a good SAS and i would recommend it! James Ecommerce and Manufacturing
ProsThe system is reliable, easy to use, has advanced features, has a fairly straight forward API, and the CIN7 support has also been very helpful. They actually want to set you up and get you using their system properly (whats the point of having all these features if you dont know how to use them).
ConsNo off the shelf system is without its flaws as each business is different. For us we would like the manufacturing module built out for more high volume manufacturing, at the moment its a bit boutique. 'Kitting' is also a bit underdeveloped.
Recommendations to other buyersSo far we have found that Cin7 does what it claims and does it well and reliably. Depending on your angle Cin7 could be a bit more expensive that other systems or it could be a lot cheaper than enterprise options. In either case i think it will be good value.

By Cin7 on August 16, 2016
Hi, thank you for the 5 star review! It's great to hear your experience with Cin7 continues to be great! We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 14, 2016
November 15, 2017

“Magneto 2 solution & I appreciate not having to repeat myself.... don't you?”

Overallservice and great existing workflow
ProsWould give service more than 5 stars if I could = these Kiwi's have their act together. I researched a solution for our retail store for months feeling my research was comprehensive and ended up with a dead horse about a year ago. Finding a native api full inventory management magento 2 solution was hard soon after that release and these guys already had one tested & working perfect! I had let down time and time again with my last system keeping up with releases so knowing their coding team was up to the task of keeping up on releases was very important to me. When I went out to do my homework round two I was even more discerning to pick a software and found these guys to be far ahead of the competition in functionality, cost and simplicity. Shipping / assemblies / recorders / Bar codes / integrations .... they have their act together! Also our experience with our on-boarding coach Joey was absolutely top notch. Aside from knowing the answer 99% of the time I very much appreciated not getting BS'd on the 1% and have a "let me get an answer for you" and he would quick!.... If you are not using or looking at these guys I would. Service was / is top notch.
ConsPerhaps layout .... but that would only imply I could point to one that I liked better and I cannot. Just in general if "I had to" point out one thing that was on the bottom of my like list.

By Cin7 on November 16, 2017
Thank you for a Fantastic five star for Cin7. We are glad you liked Cin7 and our service. We strive for excellence in our product offering and processes to create a seamless experience for our customers.
November 15, 2017
Omar H.
December 20, 2016

“New user excited by level of functionality, quality of platform, and sincerity of help”

OverallWe are a small business with 6 employees based in Australia and working in the construction supply industry. We sell mainly to trade, via trade credit accounts, but also do some wholesale and retail sales. We have around 500 account customers and 7000 product lines. Due to the size limitation of our site we do a large number of stock turns on many items, so inventory management, ease of generating orders and stock receipting are very important to us. The competitive nature of our industry demands the capability to have multiple discounting methods which are applied at both customer and product (quantity based) levels enabling accurate and consistent pricing to customers. We have been using another software for over two years with another cloud-based POS/inventory/CRM product and have recently switched to Cin7. In short, I wish we had swapped sooner. Though we have literally only been using Cin7 'live' for three weeks now, the experience is so superior, so 'next level' that it is clear to me we were simply using the wrong package for our business. While we are still learning and growing into the Cin7 package, we are finding that its operation is streamlining our processes, increasing our invoicing accuracy and assisting with our inventory management. Integration has been nearly flawless, with hours saved every week on automatic invoice due date production. Despite many offers of more involved training, Cin7 is so logically constructed that we taught ourselves, with the aid of available on-line help resources and the occasional email or phone conference with our mentor. Having a dedicated project manager from Cin7 to guide us through the 'onboarding' process was brilliant, saving the usual frustration of explaining the same thing to multiple people in a standard help desk environment. Our manager really took the time to understand how we do business and then show us how our requirements could best be implemented. Staggeringly we had some customization specific to our needs built into the platform in a matter of hours during the onboarding process. The whole task of switching from old to new could not have been any more straightforward. I look forward to becoming more adept with Cin7 and using what I learn to increase productivity while bettering the interaction between our business and our customers.

By Cin7 on January 10, 2017
Hi Omar, thank you for the overall 5 star review! Great to hear you taught yourself how to use Cin7. Awesome to hear it has helped streamline your business process and you're still finding new features that benefit your business. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
December 20, 2016
Marc Z.
Cloud CIO
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
March 23, 2017

“Cloud Inventory Software that Automates Your Business”

OverallI have been working with Cin7 for the past 5 years, working with over 100 businesses in the retail, wholesale, manufacturing, and distribution around the globe, including New Zealand, Australia, USA, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, China, Indonesia and Canada. Cin7 has been a powerful solution that I have helped clients implement into their business to improve their inventory control and manage their business operations. I have seen clients reduce operating costs by becoming leaner and more efficient saving in one case $150,000 annually. I have seen clients expand their business operations into new markets, new stores, new online marketplaces and new business opportunities. Cin7 has been in some cases changed completely the way business operate and have been able to transform themselves that more aligns with the company's vision and goals. With recent developments in automation, forecasting, multi-online platform support, multi-company (Quad Accounting) integration and planned developments. The Cin7 solution is advancing further than other solutions in the current Xero and Quickbooks apps space. Happy to advise people how the solution could impact your business.
ProsCloud-based, inventory management with Sales, CRM, Retail PPOS, Warehouse RF, Barcoding, integrates with Xero and Intuit QBO
ConsMore integrations would be great
Recommendations to other buyersHave a consultant provide advice on the solution. The implementation can go way faster and way smoother.
March 23, 2017
Joel Y.
Information Technology Lead Analyst/Developer
Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2018

“Amazing Software - Like a tall glass of water in the desert!”

OverallCin7 is an excellent inventory system, we investigated about 10-20 different top ERP solutions with our extensive requirements list (bill of materials and scanning were some of the features that were difficult to find natively supported in a lot of the offerings out there). Many of the systems that we investigated were like a mirage in the desert. They looked great and advertised great features, but once you got into them, it was like getting to the mirage and finding there was no water there. The software packages would either not be capable of what we needed them to do, or the price became so high that it would put our business under. Cin7 was like a tall glass of refreshing water in the Sahara Desert. After many long hours of wandering in the desert, we finally found this great inventory system, which natively has all of the features we were looking for at a price that is very reasonable for our mid-sized business. So, if you want to keep your camels watered (or your employees/and overall business happy); I recommend Cin7, where you will get to the water and not find yourself still thirsty in the desert, having only seen a mirage.
ProsThe greatest features of Cin7 are the search-ability everywhere within the system, back-end stability, existing integrations, and the great visibility and flow of the system as orders go through it. We were also very impressed with the concept of virtual stock through existing materials and bill of materials.
ConsWe had a little trouble with the importing of data as there were some nuances, however the on-boarding process helped us to resolve them so it was not a big deal.

By Cin7 on August 17, 2018
Thanks Joel for your fantastic five star review.
August 14, 2018
David D.
Chief Operations Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 23, 2017

“Cin7 has transformed our small business - We absolutely love Cin7.”

ProsIntegrates all of our Sales Channels with our inventory management - streamlines our business - Customer Support is absolutely Outstanding. Cin7 has transformed our small business and we could not be happier. Cin7 consolidates all of our sales channels; to include, 2 EDI sales channels. To have all sales channels integrated with inventory management in one application streamlined our business processes and reduced manual admin requirements. Truly, Cin7 is one of a few applications where technology actually reduces workload and frees up our small staff to focus on marketing, product development, and customer service. The Cin7 customer support is OUTSTANDING. Our On-Boarding Account Manager was fantastic. The Support team made our transition to EDI smooth and they patiently trained us to automate our EDI processes. The telephone support provided is priceless. Knowing that we can reach out for help, around the clock, from an intelligent and caring "human" is absolutely essential for our small team of 8 employees. Each of us multitasks and manage many applications...we do NOT have time to be experts in any one application. We do NOT have time to read technical information, use forums, or play the back and forth never ending game of trouble tickets. With Cin7, we don't have too. We can simply pick up the phone and get help Immediately. In the strongest term, we high Recommend Cin7 to anyone who is serious about running a successful eCommerce Business.
ConsWe did not have a way to import sales history from Stitchlabs...there might be a way..need to assess

By Cin7 on November 26, 2017
Thank you for a Fantastic five star for Cin7. We are glad you liked Cin7 and our service. We will get in touch with you shortly about your query on importing sales history
November 23, 2017
Katie B.
February 16, 2017

“Customisable to a degree”

OverallAfter much research, we started using Cin7 in 2015. We have a somewhat complex business, with various facets - a retail space requiring POS, holding stock of a large array of products, an online store, a commercial arm of the business that sells mainly customised furniture. This requires keeping stock of standard components, issuing multiple purchase orders, and ultimately building one-off end products. The functionality and look of Cin7 is quite good, but as we are a design business, it's important that our paperwork and systems suit the image of our business. It's been great to be able to setup custom templates for all our documentation for a consistent look. The expanding list of integrations is promising - we currently use Shopify and Xero, and these work well for us. What is lacking (and hopefully possible with a future plug-in), is a scheduling aspect. We deliver projects with various stages and milestones, though we cannot use Cin7 for an easy overview / status updates. While some aspects are customisable (pivot table reporting is great), we'd like to be able to tailor the Dashboard reports. The customer support is sometimes amazing, other times leaves something to be desired. The hierarchy of urgency on tickets doesn't seem to bear much weight! The new 'help' website is brilliant though. Look forward to this being expanded further. Essentially, it's a neat inventory system and POS, that can be customised to a degree.
February 16, 2017
Julie N.
Director of Post Production/Fulfillment Director
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
December 17, 2018

“An excellent tool for inventory tracking and their virtual stock feature has been a life saver!”

OverallWe purchased Cin7 for our production and fulfillment facility and it has been an excellent tool for not only inventory tracking, but their virtual stock feature has been a life saver! Virtual stock from Cin7 looks at the ingredients sitting in our warehouse and tells me automatically how much of a particular product we can create without distracting the production team with accounting questions. We private label for multiple clients and then offer individual customer fulfillment in addition to manufacturing. I am someone with zero experience in mapping these sorts of programs, but one of the rep has been great as our client manager. He is incredibly helpful even after our initial training phase and has, on many occasions, walked us through various integrations. I can provide our clients with excellent service and accurate projections because of this. All of our meetings took place on our schedule and although my company and his are worlds away, he made himself available to us when we needed him. This is now running seamlessly and even though live assistance is over, he is really great at answering any questions we have and helping us with the little adjustments as we move forward. We are obviously very excited about this software and grateful to our client manager for all the assistance he provides.
ProsVirtual Stock Production Jobs Multiple Integrations
ConsNone

By Cin7 on December 18, 2018
Hi Julie, we're so glad to hear Cin7 has been able to help your business and our customer success team has been able to make things easier for you! Thank you for your wonderful review.
December 17, 2018
Dan C.
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
December 22, 2016

“Great software, with even better support!”

OverallRecently moved to Cin7 from another inventory software. So many great features it's hard to review them all! Absolutely trumps our old software on every front. The included B2B was a surprise to us and even resulted in us leaving our old e-commerce website to use Cin7 exclusively. The flexibility and integrations are awesome, works well to integrate our accounting software with orders via phone/email, online or in person via the included POS add-on. The value for money with this product is excellent, offers features you would expect to pay at least twice the price for. The best part of the whole process has been the support provided by the Cin7 team. Extremely timely responses which are critical in business and refreshing to not just receive a generic "thanks for your email" response. A big shout out to the representative who has helped us every step of the way to ensure we are using the package to it's full potential and ensuring everything is integrated and running smoothly. It's great to get your own point of contact who works hard to help where possible and actually remembers you and your business - big thumbs up! Would certainly recommend giving Cin7 a go. It can be a little daunting at first, but the excellent Launchpad and support articles make almost any question instantly answerable. We've spent thousands of dollars on other software, some we've kept, others we've ditched in favour of something new and none of them have provided the level of support and features you get here.
ProsValue for money, amount of features packed into the one subscription, integration with other critical software such as accounting, support articles, support staff, flexibility, the list goes on.
ConsUser interface is not as friendly as it could be. This is likely a victim of the huge amount of features available.

By Cin7 on April 11, 2017
Hi Judy, thank you for the overall 5 star review! It's great to hear that you also use the Cin7 B2B. It's great to hear support have solved any problems that you had. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
December 22, 2016
Rob S.
Technology Manager
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2018

“Awesome Cloud-Based Inventory Management Software”

OverallCin7 is powerful software and cannot be underestimated. The previous software we used was all local network based and had very little connectivity to other platforms and was not cloud based at all which you need to be in this day and age.
ProsWe love almost everything compared to our old software and especially the fact that it is cloud based and I can access the database from anywhere. We go to a lot of tradeshows and the POS functionality is great because we can input orders straight from a tablet and make sure we have inventory in stock and reservere it. Cin7 also connects with all of the platforms we use and really stream lines the processes between Magento, Ebay, Amazon, QuickBooks it really centralizes everything and gets everyone in the company on the same page looking at the same data.
ConsThere are a few functions/features that it does lack; however, we've learned to get around this lack of function and actually found easier ways to improve our company in our workflow instead of trying to force the system to how we were used to doing it.

By Cin7 on February 14, 2018
Thanks Rob for your review. We are glad Cin7 has worked well for your business and we look forward to extend continued support for your business
February 13, 2018
Chris S.
May 5, 2016

“Does so many good things, takes time to learn, excellent support & costumer service to help.”

OverallWe are a jewellery manufacturing business based in Thailand. We have been operating for 38 years and have a factory, retail shops, consignments, online stores, wholesale and export customers and attend regular retail and trade fares. We produce over 1500 different products. Because Cin7 covers so many areas there is a lot of learning to do at the start and ongoing. However I found the menu system with in Cin7 makes it straight forward to use, there are plenty of helpful articles, videos and guidance on the website and the customer service has been excellent in helping us set up. With regards to the customer service I had an initial run through the programme via a video call and since then have been in regular email contact with our own named contact. Although we are based in Thailand and our customer services representative is in New Zealand I have not found this too much of an issue. We have a cross over of working hours in the morning here so I can email at that time and have replies with in about 10 minutes. Our Cin7 contact has been extremely helpful she will guide me on how to solve any queries I have or even, on the odd occasion, get the Cin7 team to make changes, when possible, to the programme to fit our needs which has been very helpful and unexpected. Once you know how the system works uploading product details and photos (if needed) is straight forward. The point of sale was straight forward to set up and use. Summary: Over all I have had a very good experience so far with Cin7. The programme covers many areas from manufacturing to retail and can get quite complicated, however you can take or leave as much as you wish and make it as simple or complex as suits your needs. The customer service I have experienced has been excellent (Thanks Sam). Although I have not tried any other similar programmes I would definitely recommend any small to medium sized company to consider this one for manufacturers through to retailers and anywhere in between.

By Cin7 on May 5, 2016
Hi Chris, thank you for choosing Cin7 and for the amazing review. Your feedback is appreciated and we value you as a customer. Thank you for mentioning our customer service was excellent especially Sam. Our sales support always respond as fast as possible and that's great to hear you found Cin7 easy to use. We look forward to your continued support.
May 5, 2016
Broderick L.
VP of Business Development
Food Production, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2019

“A Great Hub to Unify Business Information and Application”

OverallUsing Cin7 has been a boon to our business. We have never had a clearer understanding of our purchasing habits. Our business is different from a lot of the businesses that are likely to use Cin7 or other platforms like it. There are extra steps that we must take that many other businesses would not have to worry about. We have extra business practices that Cin7 can do, however these are time consuming and
ProsI really enjoy the flexible nature of Cin7. You can do anything with it. Customer and supplier information is easily linked to purchasing and sales. Product information is easily linked to sales and inventory. This platform keeps your business working smoothly and lets you see metrics on how it's all going at a glance.
ConsThe only thing that I would hope Cin7 focusses on over the course of developing the platform in ease of use. There is a considerable amount of data entry that goes into Cin7. Multiple pages have to be dealt with to get from one stage of an order to another. There is an amount of complexity that is available to Cin7 that is not covered by the instructional materials. However, they are always imporiving on the sd

By Cin7 on January 23, 2019
Thank you for your review Broderick, we are happy to hear Cin7 has been able to help your business! Your feedback will be passed to our customer success team.
January 18, 2019
Louise S.
Operations Manager
November 30, 2018

“Cin7 ”

OverallGenereally very positive however you are expected to do most things yourself. It's great in one way as you obviously learn a lot, but especially when you go-live, there will always be unexpected things and it would have been nice to have more support especially during that time. A lot of questions that we had during the changeover period the support contact didn't know the answer to there and then so there was a lot of "we'll have to wait until our next session next week". It just didn't feel like he actually knew the system himself that well.
ProsIt's online so it's a platform most people are familiar with. Navigation is easy and user-friendly and just generally makes sense. Also a lot of the info like the help articles and videos are very clear and easy to follow.
ConsStill some things "in progress" such as the DROP SHIP which doesn't work. MADE-TO-ORDER products don't automatically generate a new PO if you have stock (we're in the furniture business so we have a lot of furniture on display and thus showing stock, so when a new sales order gets raised for a sofa for example - no PO is generated even though it should be, as the product has been set to MADE-TO-ORDER). Some things seem to be half-baked, for example you can bulk invoice but you can't send out invoices in bulk so that is very manual. You can upload product images but they do not get pulled to any of the product reports. Again, as we are in a vey visual industry it would be very useful to have images along side product sales reports, or evern things like stock counts.

By Cin7 on December 4, 2018
Thanks Lousie for your review. We're glad you have had an overall positive experience using Cin7! Our customer success team will be notified of your feedback.
November 30, 2018
Brenda P.
Senior Design Consultant
January 11, 2017

“POS and Inventory”

OverallCin7 has been extremely efficient by its ability to create varies invoices and track inventory. We currently have a total of 5 furniture retail stores and a workshop, all stores create quotes, invoices, and work orders on a daily basis. The majority of our business is custom work and we were looking for a system with the capability to store a lot of information (detailed work). There are multiple perks to this system but I have to say two of my favorites are converting quotes into sales orders and being able to upload images onto invoices.
ProsConverting quotes into sales orders and being able to upload images onto invoices. We had to re-write quotes and submit images separately when doing custom ordering which was time-consuming and confusing. Cin7 also allows us to submit custom orders directly to our workshop by clicking on a drop-down menu.
ConsThe majority of our clientele are designers and we have to refund taxes from time to time or refund a specific amount e.g. extra discount with Cin7 you can only refund a line item.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall this is a great program and I highly recommend you at least check it out. Our store managers are very satisfied with Cin7.
January 11, 2017
Enrico Z.
August 19, 2016

“Lots of Features and Very Flexible. Great”

OverallCin7 is a great and robust system. The new interface looks really clean and clear and it is extremely intuitive to use. While it is simple and clear on the "outside", the functionality "under the bonnet" is extensive and what makes Cin7 different from the rest is the customization that is available. No other app in the Xero marketplace offers tailored customisation as Cin7 does. It is a very powerful tool and the value / cost is impressive. Moreover, the product is always evolving and the team at Cin7 are always implementing user requests and implementing new changes very rapidly. I can strongly recommend it. Enrico
ProsFlexible, lots of features, many integration, some customisation available
ConsIt is not a totally "idiot proof" system, so you need to know how to use they system and processes correctly to make sure you are recording data in the right way.

By Cin7 on August 23, 2016
Hi Enrico, thank you for the 5 star review! It's great to hear you like the new Cin7 interface. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 19, 2016
Carly S.
Customer Experience Director
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2018

“Robust, Customization Friendly and Efficient”

OverallVery friendly and respectful group to work with Support is effective, but I recommend using videos to describe any issues that are complex We have been assigned an exceptional support member from Cin7. Customer rep. has been extremely helpful in resolving our integration issues and customization needs. He is very bright and able to assimilate lots of information quickly to understand an issue and work with his Cin7 colleagues to find the best resolutions. He also has excellent follow-through. My advice is to ask for him.
ProsWe've been utilizing Cin7 for about 9 months. We integrated the Cin7 for our business during Q1 2018. We have found the Cin7 platform to be robust, and the customizations they provide to accommodate specific business needs have been very important towards running our operation effectively and efficiently. In summary: Robust platform for a small to mid-size business Inventory management capabilities are strong Sales Order and Purchase Order functionality is solid Reporting capability has improved with more features and functions this year.
ConsThere is a cope for improvement as it ages.

By Cin7 on September 17, 2018
Thank you for your wonderful review Carly. We are glad you liked Cin7 and our team was able to support you.
September 13, 2018
Ben M.
Director of Operations
November 29, 2017

“The best thing about Cin7 is the range of features they provide compared to other inventory software”

ProsI am a manufacturer who sells retail (online, email, phone and in person) and wholesale. Since I don't fit into one particular niche I love that Cin7 has all the features that I need for each one of my divisions. I looked for a long time for an inventory software that met all of my needs. I tried one and it failed to do what I need it to, it was geared too much towards eCommerce and didn't have any order entry or manufacturing capabilities. Then I found Cin7. I was very cautious at first because of my experience with my previous software not performing the way I wanted it to. But as I learned everything Cin7 could do I was very pleased with my decision. It gives each of my departments the functionality they need and also seamlessly connects them together saving lots of time and money. It also integrates with Quickbooks Desktop and ShipStation very well. You can import batch invoices into QB as well which is a huge time saver when reconciling. If you are like me and you require a lot of functionality in your inventory system then you need Cin7.
ConsI'd like to see it work with more eCommerce shopping carts right out of the box. We had to develop our own API integration to import orders from our shopping cart OpenCart. Their API works just fine, it just takes time to implement.

By Cin7 on November 30, 2017
Thanks Ben, for a fantastic review. We are glad you liked Cin7 and the fact that it has worked well for your business requirements.
Juliette H.
Marketing Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2016

“Gives us great visibility around available stock”

OverallWe are a small-medium size business and use CIN7 for our inventory management and customer sales. Everyone in our organisation from warehouse staff picking orders to sales staff out in the field use the same system which gives us great visibility around available stock, sales values and where an order is up to. Some of our inventory items are sets which require builds and CIN7 makes this easy as well.
ProsStock visibility when entering an order. Cloud based so orders can be taken out in the field. Easy to get history information, reporting is good.
ConsUpdates going over to Xero are not so good. Sometimes goes offline for a few minutes at a time. Not a lot of other systems integrate with it.
Recommendations to other buyersWe have had a couple of price rises since we started with CIN7 so I am not sure how it now compares with other systems that are around. Otherwise we are really happy with it.

By Cin7 on September 19, 2016
Hi, thank you for the 4 star review! It's great to hear that Cin7 makes day to day business in your warehouse for you picking staff more organised and that the system gives you more visibility! We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 30, 2016
Tony G.
sales / logistics
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“Cin7 useage”

Overall- I was using Green Tree before Cin7. Cin7 has more functionality than Green Tree and it is more user freindly.
Pros- the system is easy to use - support by the rep has been very good, always prompt and courteous. - up time has been very good, a few outages over the last few months but quickly resolved.
Cons- based on the systems price point not many cons. - it would be nice if it was a bit more custom configurable, again good based on the price point. - I would like the reporting functionality to be a little bit better. For example I wanted to run a report recently for all customer receiving a category discount, but I could not find a report that would give me that information.

By Cin7 on September 1, 2019
Hi Tony, thank you for your review. We're happy that you're able to find value in our software system and support team. We will share your feedback with the product team as we are always looking for improvements.
August 29, 2019
Tanya F.
Logistics Director
September 12, 2019

“Flexible inventory management system”

OverallWe pay for premium support, which I utterly recommend, especially when you are fine tuning the set up of Cin7. Occasionally the support staff seem overwhelmed, as you'd expect from a growing SAAS company, but on the whole they are responsive and come up with great solutions. The software works well, and importantly, is flexible enough so that as the business grows, Cin7 will be able to grow with the company.
ProsCin7 offers great flexibility - we use it for a multi channel retail operation, with online, retail and wholesale requirements. The support staff are responsive and you feel that you are working with a company that are growing and trying to create the best product for your needs.
ConsThe implementation process leaves you a bit in the dark - I'd recommend a consultant with experience in your area, to ensure that the way you implement the software is the best fit for you operation.

By Cin7 on September 16, 2019
Hi Tanya, Thank you for your review. We are happy to learn that you found value in our software system. We will share your feedback with our product and customer support teams, as we are always looking for improvements.
September 12, 2019
Kathryn A.
Business Office Specialist
November 3, 2018

“Very much satisfied with both the product and the services”

Overall We have been testing the manual with people who have not trained on Cin7 to ensure in the future, any one of our employees could pick it up and figure out how to do something in the POS system.
ProsI would like to start out by thanking you for all your time and patience as we processed thru the training and going live with Cin 7. I feel the product is very user friendly on the front end as well as the back end. I have been working on putting together a manual for quick reference and really appreciate all the help from the HELP tab. We have been testing the manual with people who have not trained on Cin7 to ensure in the future, anyone of our employees could pick it up and figure out how to do something in the POS system. We will be doing year end inventory mid December and I am excited to see how that goes. Thank you, again, for all your time and effort in helping this be a product we are very satisfied with,
Cons

By Cin7 on November 14, 2018
Thanks Kathryn for your fantastic 5 star review, we are glad that you found Cin7 easier to use.
November 3, 2018
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“Expensive, comprehensive but slightly cumbersome”

OverallWe had real issues with clients managing their stock levels, movement of stock, manufacturing of goods, and warehouse management. We moved several clients onto CIN7 and it does the job very well. We can have a stock figure live, online any time of the day or night.
ProsFully featured software. They really have thought of every eventuality and cater for it. There are so many things you can do with this software.
ConsIt's so big and bitty that it doesn't feel good or easy to use. It is stable and reliable but doesn't feel that way. It has so many features that it's really difficult to set up and not that easy to learn to use. It's not the most intuitive software.

By Cin7 on September 23, 2018
Thanks for your review and feedback. We are glad Cin7 was able to address some of the critical issues faced earlier.
September 20, 2018
Jessica L.
Operations Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2017

“We have been using CIN7 for almost two years and I still highly recommend it.”

ProsWe have been using CIN7 for almost two years and I still highly recommend it. Not only has it been instrumental in managing the various aspects of our business effectively, but it is also very easy to use and for new staff to learn. Technical support is excellent - very reliable and always willing to assist us in creating solutions to meet our needs as the business has grown.
ConsMany of our sales are made-to-order, so it would be very useful if our production team were able to highlight and flag orders, and to have pop-up reminders.

By Cin7 on August 15, 2017
Hi Jessica, thank you for the overall 5 star review!It's great to hear you have been with Cin7 for two years now and that our support has been excellent. We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 2, 2017
Prashanth P.
May 26, 2017

“Extremely comprehensive inventory management software and very easy to use. ”

OverallEfficiency in managing stock, time saving, high functionality and seamless integration into our processes and excellent customer service.
ProsCIN 7 is a comprehensive and easy to use inventory management software that has helped us immensely in managing our stock and saving us a lot of time. The interface is easy to use and the functionality and compatibility it provides is second to none which makes our everyday functioning seamless. Their support staff is extremely helpful whenever needed as well. Strongly recommend this software.
ConsNothing in particular yet. There have been instances where more provisions for customizing would have helped us, however the customer support has been very prompt in fixing any issues that we have had.
May 26, 2017
Ross B.
Logistics Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2017

“Great platform for retail & distribution”

OverallOur company has been using Cin7 for 4 years for apparel & accessories distribution + retail (12 stores). We have been the test case for 3PL, POS, Shopify, Xero, JOOR & EDI integrations with major department stores. I recommend Cin7 because of its flexibility and all-in-one offering which can accommodate rapid growth if required. Cin7 is constantly looking at new integrations for customers and always evolving to cater to our needs in the apparel industry which is great. Great value especially if you plan on using multiple modules (pos, EDI, online etc.).
ProsAll-in-one offering Multiple integrations Forward-thinking developers Sell to major retailers & department stores using EDI Access from anywhere Sell through multiple channels Can facilitate large-scale growth Easy to set up retail stores Constant improvement (the cons listed below will most likely be fixed in the near future)
ConsStock control issues requiring frequent maintenance (possible bug but could also be a 3PL issue). Aesthetic could be improved (especially reporting). Some modules over complicated & could be simplified for new users. B2B in particular freight could be improved with a better integration for example Shipstation (by calculating & pulling rates prior to checkout) to avoid double handling the B2B sale.
January 9, 2017
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
May 8, 2019

“Easy to use, great customer support”

OverallExcellent experience so far (3 weeks in). Aswin Kannan was our Implementation Specialist. He was responsive, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful throughout the implementation. Customer service is a great reason to go with Cin7.
ProsThis software is very intuitive and flexible. I worked with SAP previously, in which transactions could only be corrected with additional transactions. In Cin7, the user can edit previous production jobs, adjustments, purchase orders, etc. There are several bulk import/bulk update options that are easy to learn and very simple to execute. The "save as draft" and "approve" functions are great for production jobs and purchase orders so managers can review transactions before they are opened. Smart Buyer is a great feature - it enables user to create Purchase Orders when an item falls below a minimum quantity.
ConsIf an item is batch managed, you must manually select the batch to fulfill sales orders or material requirements. An automatic FIFO policy for batch managed items would be nice. Production Job Loader - it would be great if this feature was triggered when a finished good reached a minimum quantity so that the users could easily open up production jobs.

By Cin7 on May 12, 2019
Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're happy that you're able to find value in our software system and overall meet your expectations. We are glad that you find Cin7 system intuitive and easy to use.
May 8, 2019
DJ W.
May 24, 2018

“Incredible software. True game changer for our business. ”

ProsEase of use and accurate reporting. We have multiple user and all have had very positive things to say about Cin7 we use it for -Forecasting reports -More purchasing reports -Maintenance reports, to ensure your data is all accurate e.g. Shopify mapping discrepancies, Products with no costs etc. -Credit Notes -Xero integration -Quotes -Many many many other uses for this software.
ConsSo far all good no cons there's nothing our team doesn't like about cin7. It hasnt been a full year of use so perhaps we will have something else. No cons no cons no cons. So far all good no cons there's nothing our team doesn't like about cin7. It hasnt been a full year of use so perhaps we will have something else. No cons no cons no cons.l

By Cin7 on May 30, 2018
We are happy to hear that you liked Cin7 's features, integrations and reporting. Thank you for your review
May 24, 2018
February 14, 2017

“Always innovating”

OverallWe have used the software for a few years now and during that time the Cin7 organisation continues to innovate and develop new initiatives to make the user experience more functional and purposeful. While our business doesn't need the full suite, it is easy enough to use and integrate the relevant areas to suit our needs. The best part is the customer support in my experience. Very responsive and always quick to solve any issues.
ProsCustomer support and communication around updates etc. is excellent. The cloud-based software is very user-friendly and easy to access from anywhere.
ConsOur business doesn't have the need to utilise the full potential of the software.
Recommendations to other buyersHighly recommend the software for companies and organisations looking to track inventory and integrate everything via one system. Particularly retail and wholesale.
February 14, 2017
ahmad a.
Retail, 1-10 employees
January 4, 2017

“A great software with excellent reporting capabilities and much more”

OverallSo recently I decided I needed to really look into an inventory management software that will provide us with not only a way of managing stock but also a good point of sale system. I did my research with careful analysis of what the cost vs value available on the market. Hands down cin7 won it all. From the ease of generating invoices to the straight forward reporting. I have estimated that this software has saved me 6 to 8 man hours a month. Adding to this The staff at cin7 can do custom developer work on the software to suit different businesses. Currently, we have a special referral reporting system where it tells us where each customer has found us. This is built into the sales order feature. The field for referral is a mandatory field which means my staff can't forget to enter it in. This has given me a greater insight on how we are acquiring our customers and since than I have saved even more money on advertising avenues which have very little or no return. I would recommend this software to anyone that takes their reporting and sales projection seriously. Thank you for reading
ProsGreat functionality
ConsSometimes it does go down but this is on very few occasions and recently it has stopped all together
January 4, 2017
Marc Z.
Principal at Rype Sydney
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2016

“A deeply rich solution that helps drive business forward”

OverallThis is a fantastic solution for anyone selling across multiple sales channels. Completely eliminates overselling and its forecast reports make it really easy to plan our next production cycle.
ProsVery simple with skus on all the products Great solution for multi-channel selling Saves so much time and operating costs Once the setup was complete it works like a charm. No more worries when a last item sells on a channel as Cin7 Reports on product sales provide info to make better decisions
ConsInitial set up does need support No phone support unless you upgrade your plan

By Cin7 on August 16, 2016
Hi, thank you for the 5 star review! It's great to hear that Cin7 has been a fantastic solution for your business! We look forward to the continued support and value you as a customer.
August 16, 2016
Daniel T.
Retail, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“Not recommended for retail omnichannel”

OverallVery disappointed. All in one system was too good to be true.
ProsVery easy import functionality. You can just copy and paste entire excel sheets and hit import in a matter a minutes (no need to email your data and wait for the devs to import). Inventory information (quantities and locations) is readily available once you know where to look. Premium support is responsive but not necessary helpful (see cons)
ConsUnworkably buggy POS system. Excrutiating lag leads to long customer wait times and causes reps to hit buttons multiple times resulting in multiple payment captures and wasted time for accounting to sort everything out. System often fails to connect to Dejavoo payment terminals but does not prompt the user. Customers have waited as long as 10 minutes to pay with their credit card. All of my reps are clearing their cache and restarting their computer as much as 3 times every hour to make the POS system work. POS system and Pick/Pack module are completely separate and underdeveloped applications that need to sync with the inventory database. Pick and Pack allows for scanning individual items in an order but the same feature is not available for cycle counting (which they call stocktake), where it is just as necessary. Premium support does not take ownership over bugginess and offers only workarounds at best. I was told that my POS issues were unique to me but another rep (on a separate call) admitted that they were experiencing POS issues systemwide. Support is overly focused on telling you what you want to hear to mitigate frustration over actually fixing issues. Documentation is available but not nearly built out enough to be helpful. Software feels like it was developed in piecemeal chunks as there is a general lack of consistency in terminology and feel. Sales numbers are highly suspect and inconsistent. Price was raised by 30% this year with no added improvements

By Cin7 on February 13, 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience using our product and receiving our support and we apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. I can see that you've currently got 24 logged cases since this year has started, which is way above the average. We can assure you that this is not a representative of the typical Cin7 experience that we want our customers to have. We would like to discuss the issues you have raised so that we can investigate further. A representative will contact you shortly to get more details and work with you to resolve all outstanding issues especially on POS. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
February 5, 2019
Bob P.
IT
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“Poor Service - Inflated Pricing - Over promise and under deliver ”

OverallIn summary, the product does work in a very clunky way, but CIN7 will gouge you from a price perspective, and their support is less than supportive.
ProsIt does work in a very clunky sort of way. The interface is very basic. In hindsight wrong decision to go with CIN7
Cons1) Pricing. The double the price each year. Initially $x price and that was it. Next year they doubled, this year they doubled it again. They say they base it upon the revenue we put through the system. That was never part of the original agreement 2) Support . Unless you pay for premium support they will not take your phone call, to log a support call. It all has to be done via email. If you are lucky they might get back to you in 24hrs with and answer. more likely 48, or 72hrs. 3) Product Releases. The ywill make changes to the production system on the fly with out testing, and release to it customers with out telling them. When we log a call saying a particular function "isnt working" , their response "oops sorry about that we will get our developers to fix that." 4) CIN7 made a big song and dance about a release of a new QBO (Quickbooks online) module, only for it to be delay, delay and delayed again.

By Cin7 on November 30, 2018
We are very sorry to hear your feedback and would love to work with you to address your concerns. 1) Pricing is definitely something that will vary from customer to customer due to the number of variables such as users, connections etc. We are happy to discuss your pricing over a phone call to clarify any questions you may have. 2) For any critical issues that you are facing, we are always here to help resolve over a phone call - irrelevant of your support level as we understand the business impact of critical issues on your business. However, it is an industry standard practice to charge an additional fee for phone support relating to non- critical issues. Also, we conducted an internal investigation of your support tickets and find that they have been within our agreed SLA. In saying that, we would love to hear from you if there are any we may have missed. 3) We always follow a rigorous process of testing and second testing items before making any release. However, given the nature of software, there will be instances where a release may have unintended consequences. However, we are always committed to resolving the issues ASAP and establish security measures to ensure this doesn't occur again and mitigate the risk going forward. 4) Again, as stated above, we may delay a release if we have found bugs in the testing process to ensure issues raised in point 3 (releases that have unintended consequences) does not occur. We are always committed to providing a positive experience for our customers. As mentioned above, one of our senior staff members will be in touch with you to answer any of your additional questions/concerns to help
November 19, 2018
Capital Markets, 11-50 employees
November 13, 2018

“uge potential but still some major things to sort”

OverallMix bag - from awesome features and ideas to very hard to implement and things that were promised turn out to are not offered and make the price steap for what you get.
Prosuser interface - continues invation of the product - some customer service people are very awesome and switched on - mulitcurrency use -
Conslake of integration to software - simple emailing jobs to warehouse is difficult - no job stage is driven actions possible - reporting per branch as default is not possible (you see always all branches, all your products incl and all the inventory) and need to be adjusted everytime you run the report - customer service can be very unresponsive

By Cin7 on November 18, 2018
Hi There, We would love to discuss these issues with you to ensure you are having the best experience possible. If you can please email marketing@cin7.com your contact details and a Technical Support agent will contact you to go over each issue in detail.
November 13, 2018
Amy S.
Accounting Manager
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2018

“NO General ledger and Not recommended if you have large qty of inventory”

Overall4. If you choose to create all items for Cin 7 to integrate with Quickbooks, then you will need to create all items you have once more so that it can sync with Cin7. 5. Reports accuracy. If you run different reports the total sales amount most likely will be different. This is mostly because if you don't select the item from the drop down list you can still save the order while you think it will be calculated. Or if you somehow change the item number then you change it back it can't recognize it. 6. Tax issue. I don't know who's the accounting person with them designed this software but the tax charge can not be charged on line level - it can only be charged on order level. Therefore, if you want to have an invoice include both taxable item and non-taxable service on the order, your customer will be taxed for the service part or you will need to do 2 separate invoices. 7. Customer balance. This is a totally failed function for Cin7 since they don't use general ledger for reports. The "Paid" mark on the sales order page is NOT accurate - I have seen orders with payments shows no mark and orders without payments shows "Paid 100%". The customer's balance under CRM is pretty much a joke because of the customer payments postings recognition issue. 8. Other service issues - customer service, billing, and so on. I caught one order created by their customer service in our system not void no notes no notices. Overall, very disappointed.
ProsThe user interface is easy to understand and straight forward. Charts are pretty. I think the software will be good for a tiny business that only use Cin 7 for all basic functions - inventory, customer management, etc.
ConsThe biggest issue is NO General Ledger supported within the software so their reports are simply adds and minuses so sometimes the formula can gets messed up. We have switched to another software. I had a few major issues with Cin 7 and we were working with Cin 7 and Quickbooks integration: 1. Timing issue with Cin7. I don't know what time settings in Cin7 is but the time stamps are messed up for some orders. 2. Due to the timing issue, their inventory posting timing are super delayed. The customer service told me that the COGS only will be calculated after 24 hours of the order invoiced AND dispatched. This is also partly caused by no general ledger set up. Your COGS report will NOT be accurate if you dispatch and invoiced the order say - 8p.m. on last day of the month. The COGS report may calculate it on the first day of the following month. This is a huge issue for monthly reporting. 3. Integration. I only experienced Cin 7 with Quickbooks and it was a disaster. I was not participated in the implementation process so I don't know who's idea it was to create only one item in Quickbooks and when import data from Cin 7 to QB it only imports the amount of the total sales of line items to Quickbooks and descriptions but no inventory movement and no record of number of qty of products sold. You must rely on Cin7's reports for this part but the reports. This option should never supported by Cin 7 as their reports are not always accurate.

By Cin7 on November 8, 2018
Hi Amy, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate hearing from you. One of our Technical support specialists will get in contact with you to discuss these issues.
November 1, 2018
Bruce C.
Managing Director
May 23, 2018

“Initially excited but have been let down in too many areas to be happy. Looking for other options.”

OverallIt's cloud based and can be accessed and used from anywhere.
ProsNew Zealand based with local offices. They do run training sessions hands on and say good things. Inventory side works okay.
ConsThe POS can't cope with our volume discounts and is unusable. No action to help us with that though we have pleaded with them for years. We're expected to change the way we classify quantities to fit their system, not fit the system to our needs. Also the "product cost" figure loaded against the product gets changed by the PO's. As product is sold and shipped the cost is pulled from the PO's in FIFO order and it changes the cost against the product. I want to load the "cost" then monitor our purchasing against the expected cost, not be driven by the system. Also, when Cin7 make changes to their software we often have very negative events happen that have no obvious connection to the change they made and they have been slow to help rectify. We are also not sure that the Cin7-Xero link works properly. We have seen historical "changes" happen to COGS in Cin7 vis-a-vis Xero back for two years with no apparent explanation. We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars differences in the COGS figure. The charges they make to us to use the system are escalating and seem out of control. When trying to contact them about charges they don't have an "accounts" department. Really? It seems to be charge what they like and ignore the queries.

By Cin7 on June 2, 2018
Dear Bruce, Sorry to hear about your experience. Our accounting specialist is already in touch with your accounting specialist to resolve some of the issues. There are certain software functions which are developed using accounting best practices and so COGS are calculated based on the cost entered during the purchasing process. This practice is accepted industry wide and being a SAAS company we have adopted this keeping it consistent across all our customers. We are working on your specific requirement about POS discount and one of our subject matter experts to give you an update on the progress. We take customer service seriously and would like to work with you to find an appropriate solution
May 23, 2018
April 17, 2018

“WARNING: Outdated, Slow, Terrible... but with lots of integrations”

OverallNone. regrettably, this product cost me significantly in time and money. It was a significant drain on my business.
ProsThis software integrates with the greatest number of marketplaces and also integrates with 3pl providers
ConsTo put it succinctly: 1- sales rep did not provide all the info I needed: - onboarding fee, is a robbery when compared to superior alternatives (tradegecko, unleashed) which are free - what data would be required and in what format, ie a simple data template. in fact the sales rep told me not to worry about my data as the cin7 onboarding team would help me get the data into the correct format - this didn't happen as they repeatedly changed the format that the flat files would be required to be uploaded in. Also, my fault but I didn't insist on a list of what data was required so I hadn't consolidated my data sources. - Rep insisted that I sign up quickly to avoid any delays in onboarding - this cost me in unusable subscription fees. 2- onboarding was a nightmare and was still incomplete by the time I canceled the service. - onboarding team kept changing their mind about data. - cin7 is slow and unintuitive so you need an expert to set it up 3- platform is poor: - it looks cheaply designed (aesthetics is important when you are using something hours everyday) - this could be forgiven if it performed great - it doesn't! - it is slow, outdated, unintuitive, - the b2b platform is barely functional - it looks like something designed in 2001 and is unable to be integrated with third party analytics tools. 3- customer service is non-existent, promise of callbacks that never occurred, emails not answered. there are so many better alternatives. Beware!

By Cin7 on April 19, 2018
Dear Customer, thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant Cin7 experience and can assure you I will be personally investigating the matter, and am discuss happy to discuss how we can make good or transition you to an alternative software solution. Can you please provide us your details so we can contact you or contact us on +64 (9) 889 7150 Extension 222
April 17, 2018
Karen D.
November 29, 2017

“Great potential - poor customer communication hobbles it”

ProsSolid database with easy search functionality. Cloud-based is fantastic. It never goes down and we can work remotely. Easy interface makes order entry fast. If you are using nothing or spread-sheets you will think this is the greatest thing ever! We were using MYOB Exo, so we noticed some improvements, but also some lost attributes. If you look at it on paper, Cin7 has fantastic features that should make running a business effortlessly. These include integrations with ECommerce sites, Smart Buyer for purchasing, integration with Xero, B2B website etc. We were sold on many of these but in reality, Cin7 is not a complete product. Most of the features seem to work, however, if you want two features, they don't work together. If you want the features to work properly they will fix it for a cost.
ConsMost of the problems I see with Cin7 are to do with customer support and knowledge about how business works. We try to be clear about what our requirements are: we are a mid-sized company with 40 years experience experience in import/export. Despite having an excellent team that are quite computer-saavy, I've repeatedly been told by support its 'user error' when reporting a bug. Tickets often get closed when the problem being fixed. Support lost so many of our tickets I was asked to reenter all those outstanding (so I have to project manage their bug fixes) Following that we was accused of being 'high maintenance customer' because we had more than 20 tickets entered in a month. That might give some scope to our problems with Cin7. I have offered to meet with the developers and explain what we need and why it makes business sense, but have been told they are busy with other projects and have continued to battle with support to get our issues fixed. One error we reported (products with 3 options freezing in B2B website) they insisted wasn't an error. Then they said it was couldnt be fixed. Then they said it was a new feature request (it had worked for 8 months lol) and we could pay them to programme it for us... outrageous given its not a feature unique for us. In the end, our newest employee (who claims he doesnt know much about computers) found the problem and fixed it. No acknowledgement from Cin7. Another example is why I'm doing this review to get fixed - Smart Buyer calculates how much to order based on previous sales and what you want to hold on your shelf BUT ignores any incoming stock and any back orders. Obviously not logical. CIN7 need to stop and listen to their customers and be less concerned with squeezing more money out of us.

By Cin7 on December 3, 2017
Thank you for your feedback Karen. I'm sorry we have not been able to meet your expectations in this case. One of our team will be in touch today regarding the smart buyer changes you are looking for.
Michael P.
Logistics/Support
Design, 1-10 employees
November 12, 2017

“Integrated software reduces operational costs. cin7 is non-integrated with heavy duplication. ”

Overallcin7 Reduced duplicated effort from even worse. Our worst duplication with cin7 sitting @ 6x. With prior it peaked at 9x. I see cin7 as terrible, but an huge improvement on what we were doing before. cin7 saving a year is less than what I recommended. Problems for small businesses is the software designed by people with no systems background so they make electronic versions of prior poor manual systems. Or they modulize to the point of making a complete mess. Accountants pushing for commissions like Xero, making recommendations to people who have no idea who to ask advice, when the accountants have no idea! If cin7/QuickBooks/Reckon/Unleashed/MYOB etc would just hire a proper systems analyst and streamline the systems for decent integration, without excessive modulization which ruins the ease of use. If they did this, business software would be over 10x better than it is today. Many of cin7 maintenance problems built on poor design. From the sidelines can see this. Eg forms that they fix, then it updates back to overtyping, this a symptom of poor design. Take quote #, Sales #, Invoice #, together that's 3 different numbers and a mess to navigate over multiple forms. If they would just use one number through quotes/sales/invoices, that would simplify and make easier to use. Add in credits that entered as negative sales on some systems, that's 4 different numbers! Find a customer by email or phone# cant be done in cin7. Finding by phone number better than surname if have more customers, yet cin7 not done enough with named customers to have discovered this yet. Normalise design. While I was at university they recommended that business software should aim for 5NF, unless some reason for added speed. Yet today we have laggy software that grass grows faster than. So much overhead like cin7, they 1-30 seconds lag for doing anything. They taken the speed saving of reports too far, optimising for a seldom run report, at the expense of operational speed. They need to look at what is operationally most used. They can still add a little overhead for report speeds, but do it through better design with less overhead.
ProsSome accountants with no knowledge of systems recommended it and that sold cin7 to our business as the accountants poor advice was valued more highly than someone who had actual knowledge of business information systems. It has an easier to dump in pricing structure than most, but at the same time it is easy to make a mess of. It has some connectivity, but connectivity never matches full integration. I gave it a 35/100 last year as its not an integrated system and it slipped a few points with use. A much better integrated system scored much higher than this but had a smaller support team and had a higher cost per year but was operationally much cheaper through increased labour savings from reduced duplicated effort and errors. Business chose cheap, going for the more operationally expensive cin7 option for its lower up-front costs even with the higher duplicated effort outlined to them, they didn't understand nor listen to what that meant. Since then cin7 prices jumped by over 50%, no doubt from their design structure creating maintenance problems. cin7 has its B2B, yet its poor pricing structure also makes its own problems for the B2B. Where cin7 will find a product, the B2B cuts off after a few (hundred) entries using the same search criteria. Its B2B design interface looks something over 20 year old, and it doesn't match what you see.
Conscin7 is cloud based which about the only thing that is modern. Its design is antiquated and could have come out the 1960's where they just made electronic versions of poor manual systems, making poor computer systems. Popup help been around over 20 years, yet cin7 not yet discovered. The whole system is a flat file design that would get a tertiary student a fail for designing it. Its still 1NF or 2NF that has huge duplicated effort. Any integrated system would be an improvement. reducing duplicated effort towards none. Take stock locations. This has been added to cin7, but not in a usable way as its been designed by someone with no understanding of inventory. Any better inventory system will see locations as just a column of data. But cin7, it basically adds 2 rows each item making things forms harder to read. Cant allocate stock to a job. Take forms. Where a job done properly would see a standard template operating. cin7 has a different form for every iteration, making a mess for maintenance. So when cin7 fixes a form displaying incorrectly (been done), they update and overwrite the correction so it displays incorrectly again. We have had overtyping on some printed forms for like 200 of the last 210 days and they have attempted to correct this on more than a dozen tries. Pricing, cin7 still not discovered dates, nor full currencies, having instead a limited flat file design vs more flexible normalised design. So much potential, for poor implementation.

By Cin7 on November 15, 2017
Hi Michael, Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that it has not met your expectation. We have investigated all cases logged by users from your company and upon review, they have all been addressed. There is a lot more to our features and capability for example the searching for customers by email or phone number can actually be done in Cin7. If you would like to be shown how to do this, we're more than happy to jump on a call to help you make the most of Cin7.
November 12, 2017
Tim G.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2016

“Keeping my eyes open for a better option where customer service is a priority and not a hassle.”

OverallThis could be a GREAT product if the cin7 customer service was improved. I guess we consumers expected it should or would better than it is after the lovely period. Experienced a few bugs that have no logical reason e.g. one recent example is we updated a product price in cin7 and expect it to reflect in the B2B portal. Price does correctly update in the 'shopping cart but still shows old price in the main product page. It's confusing to customers and can loose us sales opportunities. Yes we refreshed, emptied cache etc etc - it's a bug. Lodged a Cin7 support ticket 4 days back and still not a whisper or reply. This is not the first time. Other issues/ bugs take longer than we expect to get picked up by cin7 support. We also use a magento B2C website integration. Each year we find we need to upgrade our magento platform. This is normal as new security and website functionality get improved. Difficult to try to convince cin7 to reconnect cin7 to the new magento site. In fact they refused to. No matter how much pleading they said they will only do it for a 'new' customer. I said I am an 'existing' customer!! I even said I was willing to pay. They were soooo stubborn it was like dealing with a stone. No genuine customer connection whatsoever. Disappointing. Pre-sign over 12 months ago the sign on staff were soooo sweet to help us connect with magento. I was in love with them. Once we were a customer they slowly couldn't give hoot. Over time back office support were less and less helpful "... not their problem. Check out the help links bla bla bla." I needed my supplier (Cin7) to help me (their existing customer) connect magento (a product they advertise as an integration partner) to their system. We asked cin7 to understand this and help their customer with the integration to their system. Instead of 'supporting their customer' they eventually recommended we use a 3rd party, someone they said was a 'magento - cin7 expert'. They sent me their 'guys details' and after much pain and cost we got the integration connected in about 4 weeks. Cin7 could have done it in a matter of hours as they do for new customers but they chose not to with existing customers. I am not looking forward to the next time we need to update our platform. They need to provide service to allow customers to want to stay with them otherwise I for one will be keeping my eyes open for a better option where customer service is a priority and not a hassle.
ProsIt's in the cloud and integrates reasonable well with xero. Works 70% well with magento. Looks nice to work with.
ConsVery very poor customer service. Help manuals have typos and often are not accurate e.g. our web developer trying following the 'magento-cin7 integration guide' said it was not accurate and could not be followed. When I brought this back to cin7 for help they ignored it and refused to assist.
Recommendations to other buyersThey (the cin7 boffins) will occasionally tinker with the software and one day you'll find something you found useful and working perfectly well yesterday is no longer there. E.g. we wanted to enter the expiry date of a quote ourselves when one day the only option was 30 days. When we brought this to cin7 attention they said this was now an additional service. We said - mate we need quotes to stand for 30-60-90-12 and 180 days depending on who we are quoting. It cost us t have it reinstated. These cin7 backend guys have no real idea about how business people need flexibility in quoting. If they stopped tinkering and had a much more accomodating customer support service and can-do "attitude" I would score them higher because they have an edge in cloud based inventory for the moment. If another company comes along offering similar functions but delivers a better service then I'll take a serious look and seek a 2 hour response service level guarantee before I sign up.

By Cin7 on July 6, 2016
Hi Tim, we¿re always happy to receive detailed feedback from customers, your comments will certainly help improve the service we provide. Cin7 has customised the B2B website in line with your needs, such as adding the customised listing views. This type of customisation is not even included in our Enterprise Package, yet we have done this free of charge. Customisations can sometimes cause problems in conjunction with future releases or overall updates to the system. If there is bug we do try and solve the problem as quickly as possible. Magento is a complex software - and requires specialised developers. Though we can help on the Cin7 side we prefer to leave the Magento development to experts; we¿ve recommended an external implementer whom we¿re happy to help. Cin7 values its customers and we try our best to understand their business needs. We believe that a similar offering with a traditional ERP would cost thousands of dollars.
June 27, 2016