RxVantage Ratings

Overall

About RxVantage

RxVantage is a free tool seamlessly connecting medical practices and reps. Custom online calendars allow reps to self-schedule based on availability, and meeting history is automatically tracked. Reps are searchable by name, product, or company in the digital rep directory, making it easy to instantly message them, request a meeting, or call them to get the information you need - fast. Thousands of medical practices are using RxVantage to save 20+ hours a week so they can focus on patient care. Learn more about RxVantage

Margie V.
Patient Financial Counselor

“Set It and Forget It! ”

OverallAfter the initial set up (there is always an adjustment period), we haven't looked back. The ease of use and being able to simply "set it and forget it" has been a wonderful addition to our practice. The customer service is always on point, ready to help whenever we need them. I truly have no complaints about this software.
ProsBy taking away the scheduling burden from the front desk staff, we have been able to increase our work production because the front desk staff no longer has to sift through a hand-written calendar. We can also avoid those reps who like to abuse the system or bribe their way into getting more appointments by adding the scheduling parameters for each of our offices. We can basically set and go! Our parameters are specific for each office and tailor to each physician's desires. Our physicians can see who they want and when they want and it's much easier for our administrative staff to control who can be seen and when. We simply put in our desired parameters and let the drug reps schedule for themselves. It's very hands-off and simple.
ConsWe get a lot of complaints from the drug reps about how expensive it is for them to be a member of RXVantage. I wish it were not so because the ease and convenience of using RXVantage means that we will never go back to paper and pencil again. We want to work together for the good of our patients but if the reps can't afford to be a part of this application, our participation with RXVantage is counterproductive to quality patient care.

By RxVantage on July 10, 2019
Thanks Margie! It's great to know we're helping your physicians get the information they need when they need it from reps. We're sorry that you hear negative feedback about our pricing from reps. Just to clarify; all reps can use RxVantage for free, forever, just like medical practices. With the free version, they can book unlimited appointments across our network of practices, respond to requests for information from you, and so much more. Many choose to upgrade to a paid version, but it is not at all mandatory.
Lynda N.
Practice Manager
July 15, 2019

“Excellent program to accurately schedule lunches for multiple office locations”

OverallI no longer have to stop what I am doing to schedule lunches, nor do I have to waste time calling trying to confirm. I love that I can blacklist reps that frequently cancel at the last minute. An accurate tracking of how frequently reps are coming into the office. The ability to add allergies, and preferences with a couple of clicks.
ProsUser Friendly, easy to set up multiple locations with just a few minutes Automatic Updated Notification Confirmation Notices Able to locate Representatives by name and or drug that they provide Never double booked for any time slot allowed
ConsI have had a few complaints from my vendors, stating that it is not easy to use on their side, however I personally do not have any complaints

By RxVantage on July 17, 2019
Thanks Lynda! Please let us know if you have any other feedback or ideas for how we can make our product more valuable for you and your providers.
Sandra R.
Practice Administrator
July 12, 2019

“RxVANTAGE "A LIFE-SAVER"”

OverallExcellent experience and what a life-saver for our team! We want to see the pharmaceutical reps but this does not add additional work to the office team once the practice is set-up.
ProsRxVantage is used my our office daily and it keeps our team from scheduling and spending time on coordination pharmaceutic rep time. All pharmaceutical education sessions and lunches are scheduled in the background! We do nothing but complete the set-up and update the calendar! Best thing ever..... it does not cost the practice anything!
ConsNot enough practices use it in our area, so the reps are not savvy with the software and sometimes we have to assist them.
July 12, 2019
Georgia B.
Practice Manager
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
July 8, 2019

“A Time Saver for Pharma Rep Management”

OverallRxVantage has improved how my office gets information from reps and how they get information from us. It helps us set expectations and allows the reps to schedule according to our set parameters. My staff and I enjoy the simplicity and ease of use.
ProsRxVantage handles our rep scheduling so my staff can focus on other assigned tasks. Now managing reps appointments only takes a few minutes-rather than hours-each month.
ConsI have no discovered any disadvantage to this program in over 2 years of use.

By RxVantage on July 15, 2019
Thanks for your honest feedback, Georgia. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help your practice get better, more timely information from life science reps.
Wayne K.
Territory Business Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees
September 20, 2019

“Great in principle not so good in execution or access. Like paying for something and getting little”

OverallVery disappointing. At first it was a fairly decent system but n9w it has become so cumbersome and the software so slow that appointments are gone in seconds. I feel like I am at work 24/7 because I have to constantly check this just to get the appointments I need for my customers. I really would like to enjoy my evenings and weekends but work intrudes because I have to keep checking the app.
Pros Makes it easier to try and schedule appointments over large territories.
ConsIt makes it easy to schedule with multiple offices the problem is that we, the reps, pay for the program (and there is always a catch with the "free" version which is you don't get instant alerts). Frankly, I might as well go back to the free version because within seconds of an appointment becoming available, I can't get the appointment or the app is so busy refreshing the page (or opening) that I am unable to schedule. I was locked out of a key office for over year. Representative will suggest to speak to the office to open an appointment to you. Sorry, that doesn't work for most offices guys. When you get an alert, you open the app in the time it takes to open it, it can be gone. Many reps game the system by passing along appointments to counterparts which benefits the big companies but small companies rarely are able to take advantage of this. To suggest forming partnerships with reps from other companies defeats the purpose of a system that is far from perfect or even good. Heck, we had our whole team add all of the docs and still I couldn't secure an appointment. The offices can also schedule releases when they want which could be good unless they are staggered. In almost all cases they aren't. This is all geared to the advantage of offices offering very little to the reps in some areas (San Francisco or Northern California for example). In many cases, this is almost as bad as having offices that do no lunches. Very disappointed. Because large companies can monopolize the time
September 20, 2019
Adrian N.
Director Oncology Service Line
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
July 15, 2019

“Impact of RxVantage on Work Flow”

OverallIt's a really good program but I like the old version best.
ProsThe database with all reps organized by company. The ease of use. The efficiency gained by the software. (Previously one FTE spent most of the day receiving calls and scheduling/canceling appointments)
ConsUnable to find the rep. who is requesting to book. I have to scroll through all the reps. to find which one to accept. I have spoken with you guys on a few occasions about this. I have changed the booking requirements for our breakfast and snacks...they were changed by it appears that it's back to booking every 365 days. (Marcella has sent over an email about this)

By RxVantage on July 17, 2019
Thanks for your review, Adrian. Our team will certainly follow up on your suggestions!
Barbara T.
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
July 8, 2019

“Only positive things to mention in regards to RX Vantage”

OverallUnderstanding the program was a little confusing until I used it more. Each question I had the customer service team quickly answered and guided me on how to make any corrections to program.
ProsI like that I can easily locate a representative contact when we need to. I also like that I no longer need to deal with cancelling and rescheduling lunches when I have so many more important tasks to complete during the day.
ConsNo items to currently mention. I have only had positivity with the program. The staff are fine with using another schedule to view the lunches. This program helps relieve the multiple drug reps cancelling at last minute without informing anyone, the reps are removed immediately from schedule after cancelling their lunch through RX Vantage.

By RxVantage on July 10, 2019
Thanks Barbara! This makes our heart full. We're here for you anytime.
Sami K.
Executive Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallOverall it makes the lunch scheduling process pretty hands off. RxVantage manages itself and we rarely have to assist reps with the use of it.
ProsRxVantage is easy to set up, easy for the drug reps to use and book, keeps our daily lunch schedule organized.
ConsOur office rules differ from what is allowed by the software. We allow lunches 1 time a month per rep. The rules allow a rep to only schedule 1 time per 30 days.

By RxVantage on July 19, 2019
Thanks Sami! We appreciate the feedback and we're always improving the rules engine to give you more control and ensure you have the information you need when you need it. Thanks for your continued support.
Keith R.
Registered Medical Assistant
July 8, 2019

“Best pharma rep management software!”

ProsEase of set-up is very nice.. Once you have all your practice info setup and rules.. It runs itself! I was able to set this up myself for 2 practices within 30-45 mins of finding out about it.
ConsThe functionality of the old version of the site was a little difficult to maneuver around, but since it has been updated, it is really nice and the added features are very nice!

By RxVantage on July 15, 2019
We're glad you're enjoying the new interface, Keith! Please let us know if you have any further feedback.
Corey W.
Pharmacist
July 8, 2019

“Simplifies and saves time”

ProsRXVantage saves time by giving vendors a way to choose their own appointment slots from my template. It's easy to edit/delete slots. I'm able to quickly find and contact reps from the RXVantage site. Their customer service has always been timely and thorough in answering my questions during setup and afterwards.
ConsNo complaints , it's very easy to customize for your office's needs.

By RxVantage on July 10, 2019
Thanks for such a wonderful review, Corey! It makes us proud to know we're making a positive impact at your practice.
Niki N.
EA to CEO
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
July 16, 2019

“Our office is very happy we moved to RXVantage”

ProsIt's user-friendly. All levels of personnel use the program and are able to maneuver through the system with ease.
ConsThe only challenge I have using the software is finding the reps that just call on our offices. The list is all the reps that use the program.

By RxVantage on July 19, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Niki! Glad to hear your whole office uses RxVantage and they find it easy. Our team will reach out to make sure your rep directory is setup properly.
Evie K.
account specialist
January 7, 2015

“Fraught with complications for reps and offices”

OverallThe system does not let you see when other reps are scheduled outside of your "network", for the purpose of switching lunches in the event of a schedule conflict that your company has--a common practice among reps. When you cancel, there is seldom an opportunity to get another date, as many offices only allow 1 per quarter. Often, we would have offered to switch with another random rep a week or two later, let the office know, and all was fine. The offices are frustrated transitioning over to the list, as they are getting people not showing up they had booked, or getting 2 lunches on the same day. The fee for the Premium service is around $25-30 per month, not covered by many companies. However, if you use Boston Market for your catering, you get a month free--which turns out to be more expensive than many caterers, and can blow a rep's budget for offices of 55-70 people! Plus, physicians are getting reported on Sunshine Act for meals over $10 or companies spending over $100 on them per year--pretty easy to blow using catering from Rx Advantage!
January 7, 2015
kimberly m.
medical office assistant

“medical office assistant”

ProsEasy to navigate and keep up with rep lunches
Consthere is nothing that i least like about this software as of now