Brilliant Directories Ratings

Overall

About Brilliant Directories

Brilliant Directories offers an Affordable, All-In-One Member Management Solution to streamline all aspects of your membership website or association. A complete, turn-key solution with quick setup and free, unlimited support from real people. Includes website design, online payment processing, multi-level memberships, past due monitoring, premium member's only content, and more. Try a free demo and see how Brilliant Directories can save you time and money. Learn more about Brilliant Directories

Luis R.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 27, 2019

“My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories”

OverallIt has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!
ProsI really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.
ConsCons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.
September 27, 2019
William B.
Artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
June 5, 2019

“I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!”

OverallI have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays, and extensive online documentation. People that work at this company don't just want to sell you a website package. Instead, they are all about creating successful business relationships! They fully understand that their customers' success is their future success. Their Bootstrap framework provides the flexibly for each particular business needs. Thank God I no longer have to deal with trying to get a theme and a countless number of plugins to work together. I have 4 websites with Brilliant Directories now and plan to add many more in the future. If you are looking to get your business online, I highly recommend Brilliant Directories. They are #1 for a reason!
ProsHaving the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.
ConsMy experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.
Mainul S.
Business Analyst
Information Services, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2019

“Brilliant Directory is a dream product for directory solution”

OverallI find them very professional in service. Great training materials and documentation.
ProsThe best part of Brilliant Directory is it complete integrated solution looking at almost all aspects needed by the business group, associations or community. Starting from membership to classified, real estate, product catalog almost everything is there to serve a business group or community. Before coming to BD, I have tried many other solution which solves on pieces of the puzzle but does not offer all in one composite platform. Additional features or services integrated in the system, offers extra marketable strength for the client if one looks from the business point of view. From service point of view, i have got answers or solutions within 24hrs in most cases. Did not experience any bugs so far. VIP addons are really powerful and end users never said no when i explained the features to them. Representative always goes extra miles to keep the customer happy and earns our undoubted loyalty.
ConsInitially price seemed to be on the higher side comparing other solutions in the market. But once started using it and exploring the features, it was worth investing. If one is really intending to be in the business for long time, life price will start making sense. Post moderation feature could have been an integral part from the beginning, but now it is there.
September 20, 2019
Ken G.
Business Development Associate
Education Management, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2019

“Very Useful Platform for a Directory Startup”

OverallWe could never have gotten our directory up and running with Brilliant Directories, or something like it.
ProsBrilliant Directories offers all of the features that any directory needs. It's easy to add options such as: coupons, photos, videos, and blogs, as well as different membership levels. Importing and exporting data is also quite simple.
ConsBy necessity, this software is quite complex. This isn't a flaw - it's just the way a quality directory is. It takes time to learn everything that you need to know to get a directory up and running. Consequently, I recommend starting out with a very specific market niche, and a limited number of features. "Bells and whistles" can later be introduced as upgrades.
February 21, 2019
Ester V.
founder
Retail, Self-employed
September 27, 2018

“Very impressed so far!”

OverallSo far I'm very happy with BD. I'm relatively new to the platform, but have had my business and website under various other platforms for 10 years! BD is BY FAR more affordable, more mobile-friendly AND more functional than any other platform I've used in the past. I also like that BD seems genuinely interested in helping their clients grow, and provide marketing webinars and a marketing group on Facebook, so BD staff and website owners can help each other. The only negative is that BD does not offer phone or chat support. The email tech team is prompt, but sometimes it can take several hours (or even a day or two), for something that would have taken 5 minutes over phone or chat.
ProsThe platform offers a ton of features and functionality, and though there is definitely a learning curve, a non-techie can set it up and get it running in just a few hours. It's easy to customize colors, fonts, branding, text labels, etc., and make the site look nice quickly. I also like that the platform is very mobile friendly!
ConsMy biggest issue is that it can get expensive to customize beyond the regular features, unless you are a developer and know what you're doing. But having said that, most other platforms don't even offer the option to customize as much. So it's not necessarily a negative. Just frustrating knowing that something IS possible but costly, rather than knowing that something is not possible.
September 27, 2018
Yakin S.
Volunteer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
February 5, 2019

“Best software to build a business directory”

ProsAll the tools needed to launch a directory in same day
ConsMore payment gateway options which works in recurring payments is missing. More design of layouts of home, search results and members profile pages required to match today's need..
February 5, 2019
Andrew J.
Investor
Internet, 1-10 employees
February 4, 2019

“Best Directory Platform with Best Service ”

OverallExcellent experience and they continue to get better.
ProsEasy to use; robust features; fast and great customer support and customizations; can instantly grow your user base
ConsNothing to be honest... it's been an amazing product
February 4, 2019
Mitchell D.
Editor
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“Wow, does this have lots of features...”

Overall Love it
ProsBut they are sort of the Feature Creep situation where by adding all things -- and they have a program where if we help design a new feature we can get a royalty....
ConsSort of complicate -- could have a better series for onboarding -- like here's a series or 12 Videos to watch -- like 10 minute videos.
September 30, 2019
anthony s.
CFO
Education Management, 1-10 employees
June 5, 2019

“Brilliant Directories is great!”

OverallGreat experience!
Pros Brilliant Directories, Brilliant Directories functionality provides the owner an extremely easy tool for website design. Some of the tools available include Webinars, 100's of online videos, online documentation, a very professional support staff and a lifetime website. I look forward to using your platform to build our websites.
ConsThere were no cons about this software. Excellent software.
Diya V .
Freight Forwarder Network, Freight Association,Freight Group Network Director
Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2018

“Cant recomend”

Overalloverall not happy.remember your entire website is belongs to them. you have limited access.
Proscost-effective.many add or services. you have to pay for every additional service.
ConsI am using this software. Lots of problem and bugs. Finally I shifted to another service provider. they are expensive but stable.
August 14, 2018