datapine Ratings

Overall

About datapine

datapine helps companies transform data into valuable new insights and make data-driven decisions in real time. A user-friendly drag & drop interface allows non-technical users to understand complex data sets and answer important business questions ad-hoc. datapine offers a variety of innovative BI 4.0 features such as intelligent alerts, predictive analytics and interactive dashboard functions. Learn more about datapine

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
October 7, 2019

“Perfect if you want fast results!”

OverallI was able to set everything on a single screen, and everyone could interact with charts and graphs, directly ask questions, and stop thinking about report creation since datapine did it all automatically! This automation saved me at least 20h per week and we could focus on what matters the most - the data in front of us.
Prosdatapine exceeded my expectations in many ways. I was able to send weekly automated reports directly to my partner and managers, and each report had the information they needed, there was no overlapping data nor the confusion as with standard spreadsheets filled with numerous rows and columns. I had to select my KPIs, drag and drop them onto the dashboard, and select the interval of automatic reporting process (I choose weekly for our meetings).
ConsIt took me a while to get around all the features, but their customer service was very helpful to answer all my questions. I don't need (or use) SQL, but if I hire an analyst in the future, it's useful to know they also cover some advanced analytical features.
October 7, 2019
Market Research, 201-500 employees
August 26, 2019

“Powerful Self-Service Analytics and Dashboard Reports”

OverallIn general, it made my reporting practices way more efficient and interactive, and I got really good feedback (internally and externally).
ProsIt's a great solution to build interactive dashboards that can be used for your (automated) reporting. I really like their drag & drop interface in the 'Analyzer', because it is intuitive to use. I had no real experience with BI tools before but most of the features I was able to explore on my own and otherwise, their support was always really helpful (as well as the tutorials). The dashboards itself have all the features I needed, and I saved a lot of time for my ongoing reports.
ConsActually, I was satisfied since day 1 of the trial and continued to use the tool on an ongoing basis. If you want to find something 'bad', there are some advanced analytics features where you need to know SQL. But I guess that's the case for other BI tools as well.
August 26, 2019
Clemens D.
Founder & Managing Director
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
November 21, 2017

“Great product!”

OverallIn the beginning the tool website was quite slow, but the steadily improved the service. Right now i'm super happy.
ProsI like the usability of the product. The UI and UX is amazing, customer support is good and they are launching new features quite often.
November 21, 2017
Dan E.
Founder & CEO
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
September 10, 2018

“Far exceeded by any competitor”

Prosdata importing system. Once upon a time they had a product that worked.
ConsTheir product at one point was competitive but little has changed over the years except for their ever-increasing pricing. Tableau and Power BI is far more powerful, cheaper and easier to use. Be wary, they require 4 months notice just to cancel their contract. Give them anything less and they will renew you automatically for another two years. (unheard of)

By datapine on September 27, 2019
Thanks for your review! We're very sorry if you encountered difficulties while using our software since we want to make sure each customer receives the best possible service and experience. We're constantly improving our UX, also by listening to our customers' feedback which is extremely important in the current and future development of our product. We're dedicated to offer a truly self-service tool, and regularly develop new features, such as our recent self-service predictive analytics, somehow unique within the market. Our software has changed in the last years, but the focus on our customers is always one of our priorities, therefore it's quite a misfortune that you didn't reach out to us before your cancellation. We also try to deliver our contracts with clear termination time and we advise each customer to contact us if there are any doubts. In your specific case, the longer cancellation time was because of a 2-year contract, that included pricing discounts as well.
September 10, 2018
Thomas M.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 3, 2016

“Far better Money for Value than the Big Guys”

OverallWe are using datapine for live manamgent reporting directly from our various databases. Once setup it saves a lot of manual reporting work and keeps everyone on the same level.
August 3, 2016
Moritz H.
November 17, 2014

“Used in our dashboards and board decks on a day to day basis”

OverallWe implemented datapine to improve our management information process. Although we have good knowledge of retrieving data from databases (we build web driven software) we were amazed how helpful this tool was in supporting our management. Plugging together sales and production data and aggregating them into KPIs to measure our business success took us initially about 15 minutes. We now use datapine for our dashboards and board decks on a day to day basis. Imo one of the best user experiences you will find out there in this kind of domain!
November 17, 2014
Thomas M.
February 17, 2015

“Best KPI Tool in the market”

Overall If you want to revolutionize your business practices, then datapine is the tool to do it. Use the insights you get the most out of your BI setup. It'll keep you on top of your work and even makes data visualization fun.
February 17, 2015
Matt F.
April 26, 2015

“A great way to gather and monitor data”

OverallGreat data visualization tool that makes it easy to gather a business's most important data and keep tabs on it.
April 26, 2015
Robert U.
March 17, 2015

“ Outstanding KPI Tool”

OverallIt blows me away every time. Quality BI tool, easy to pick up, highly secure and crunches data like a boss. I heartily recommended!
March 17, 2015