Naviance Ratings

Overall
3.2/5
3.4/5

About Naviance

Enables enrollment and admissions professionals to make purposeful connections with students through its Web-based relationship management, marketing and recruitment services. Leading institutions around the globe leverage Naviance relationship management solutions for higher education to increase enrollment, enhance marketing performance and improve operational efficiency. Learn more about Naviance

Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“An Extremely Versatile Tool!”

OverallNaviance is an indispensable tool and I would describe my overall experience with it to have been very good. I like how beneficial this is to not only teachers but also students as well. I would reccomend for anyone who's looking to use such a tool to definitely give this a try. I think it's absolutely great and I would highly reccomend it, despite the few drawbacks with the interface.
ProsNaviance is great for any schools to use! It is extremely versatile and can be used for many different purposes. This is one thing that I like about Naviance because I can get so many things done via this one tool. For examples, Naviance can be used to directly communicate and e-mail students. Whether it be individuals or schoolwide, it can be used to reach everyone. In addition, Naviance also has tools that allow students to choose their classes as well as request letters of recommendations and has many tools to help them navigate through the college application process.
ConsWhat I liked the least about this software is that sometimes things feel a little hidden. It is only when I sometimes accidentally discover something do I realize that it exists or is there. I think that this is not a good thing and hope to see changes in the future where it's much easier to navigate around in Naviance. I think this would be extremely beneficial as an easier interface to navigate around would mean that I know exactly what I can do through Naviance.
August 19, 2019
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2019

“Makes some things easier but some things still remain difficult”

OverallCollege application management, college info communication, career exploration, so much more.
ProsAs a counselor, it makes managing college information so easy. We use it to coordinate visits, inform students of important opportunities, send transcripts and materials, and so much more. I'm on Naviance every day multiple times a day and to be honest I don't know what I would do without it.
ConsFirst, it's confusing at times to use effectively. I am very tech savvy so it's not as much of an issue for me but older colleagues routinely struggle with it. Second, there are problems that persist from year to year with Common App integration which is a huge part of our job.
February 1, 2019
Meredith R.
Admissions Manager
May 1, 2018

“A good attempt, but not enough.”

ProsNow that I know this software, I recognize all that it can do for me. I feel like it does a few things well, but leaves a lot to be desired.
ConsEverything about it, from the functionality to the interface, feels like it's stuck in the past and not moving forward. Like even their customer service - most times I get a response and my request completed in a timely manner, but then there are sometime when I am waiting weeks for implementation. I'm sure there is more behind the scenes that I could never fully understand, but I also feel like I shouldn't have to feel that way.
May 1, 2018
Chemeli K.
Director of University Guidance
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 3, 2019

“Not what it used to be before”

OverallI encourage current users to consider an alternative product.
ProsThe ease of use and ability to work well with Common App via eDocs. Pricing was fair for the size of the school
ConsCustomer service is next to none. They are quitting the international scene and did so with little notice leaving many schools scrambling to find an alternative solution. From what I've learned, they are having problems with their domestic market as well - implementing changes with no notice and leaving users frustrated at the lack of communication.
April 3, 2019
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
December 19, 2018

“Naviance from the College desk”

ProsIt is a great tool for counselors and students to look for colleges and track data from students like them getting in/doing well
Consit is not easily edited or seen from the college side- its like this big shadow that we have no idea how to work with and completely silos us.
December 19, 2018
Renee D.
AP
March 22, 2018

“We use this for test preparation.”

ProsIt is easy to create a test preparation plan for individual students and students can access it from anywhere.
ConsIt is not a software issue, but since it is all electronic students without access at home may be less likely to see the benefits.
March 22, 2018
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
September 14, 2018

“Clunky, unwieldy and a waste of time”

OverallCollege applications for high school students
ProsNothing, really. For students it had a couple of good feature
ConsClumsy interface; multiple steps to complete actions; non-intuitive.
September 14, 2018
John P.
Teacher
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
September 23, 2019

“Naviance is not the answer”

OverallIt doesn't offer a place to actually write the recommendation... one has to upload a letter. Then, it was very particular in what format the letter must be in in order to upload it.
ProsWell, this was the first time teachers were asked to use technology for writing students' college recommendations.
ConsNot very user friendly... writing a recommendation shouldn't be so difficult.
September 23, 2019