Paycor Ratings

Overall

About Paycor

Help your organization improve efficiency, reduce compliance concerns and regain the time you need to focus on business strategy with Paycor. Paycors all-in-one HR and payroll solution takes manual work out of the equation. The intuitive interface guides you through each step of the process, getting you in and out of payroll fast. All employee data is available in one place. Directly import employee hours, view cash requirements before submitting payroll and manage employee information. Learn more about Paycor

Jennifer S.
Manager, Human Resources
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
September 20, 2019

“Good software solution with room for growth”

OverallOverall I think it is a great business solution and time saver. The information captured and stored is very helpful for reporting and I am able to instantly generate useful information. I also appreciate that they are consistently making improvements and evolving the software to best meet the needs of their clients. There are options available to make suggestions and follow them along the process of review through implementation.
ProsWe use multiple features within the Paycor platform ( payroll, benefits enrollment, time and attendance and reporting . I find them all to be helpful, although, some are better functioning than others. For payroll processing and new hire onboarding Paycor has been a great solution. All I need to enter upon hiring a new person is their name and email and the onboarding process is initiated. Our employee information is now more up-to-date and accurate not to mention the time that is saved with manual entry.
ConsFor us the attendant solution and customer support would be areas for improvement. We have a non-standard set up for time and attendance which causes some confusion and manual entry. Although, I typically can get a hold of customer support within a few minutes many times I find explaining our problem and getting it resolved takes several emails and can take days/weeks. Additionally I find having dedicated tech-support to be more cumbersome then general support. Most times I find our individual contact is not available and there is a decent amount of turnover making dedicated team members seem irrelevant.
September 20, 2019
HR Coordinator
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
August 26, 2019

“Payroll software that meets business needs”

OverallPaycor has helped me become more efficient in process payroll, tracking time cards and running third party reports.
ProsThe report functionality is fantastic. I like having the ability to customize reports, this saves me a lot of time. I also like the ease of the software and the great customer service Paycor provides.! Paycor also continues to listen to customer feedback and make improvements.
ConsI like all the functions of Paycor, this isn't anything I dislike but the onboarding doesn't really work for us since we don't hire on an every month basis. I couldn't justify the cost but if we did I would definitely use it.
August 26, 2019
Kathy M.
Insurance, 51-200 employees

“Best Payroll System”

OverallOur company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately. Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.
ProsEase of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.
ConsWhile there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.
SHERYL L.
Plastics, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2019

“Easy to use payroll software”

OverallI have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.
ProsPaycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.
ConsThere is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.
Primary/Secondary Education, Unspecified
February 19, 2015

“Payroll, Attendance Tracking & Benefits Made Easy!”

ProsIt's hard to pick out a single thing. The ease of the payroll processing is so nice. I really like that I can access the employee record from the pay data grid. This gives the ability to view an employee's earnings and deductions, figure out what might need to be adjusted, make the adjustment right in the pay data grid, and recalculate the check! The time and attendance is a great tool for tracking time off and scheduling different leaves for our staff, and it's easy to make a change to the reason or day if needed. The HR piece of Paycor has simplified things for me in that I have changed our benefits to an online enrollment (fabulous). I've utilized the forms and documents section for a central location to refer all employees to, and the company news lets me put time sensitive materials on there. Paycor has been very easy to work with and extremely helpful. I like having a specialist for each piece of the product; I can call and present my problem without having to be passed to five different departments. They are prompt in resolving my problem and very courteous.
ConsI would like to have the ability to create quizzes to send out to employees that can be tracked on their employee records. I currently use the surveys for some of this but wish there was more functionality with the surveys. We are now using the performance review portion, and I wish there was a way to exclude the weights since we don't use them, although I did find a workaround.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend others take a serious look at what Paycor has to offer. There are so many different possibilities with each piece of the product. The customer service has been outstanding; it's so nice to call and know you will get help and quickly. Companies should look at what they are wanting to gain from outsourcing payroll; if it's efficiency, ease, paper reduction, keeping current on changes, or running endless reports, then Paycor is the company that will meet these needs. Paycor has done a fantastic job in keeping clients up to date with healthcare reform and makes life easier for tracking employees to ensure compliance with the ACA.
February 19, 2015
HR Specialsit
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2016

“Not just the product, the employees care!”

OverallPaycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me. Paycor is also a company that listens to the customers. Not all companies have the same needs but with Paycor you have the ability to make suggestions for changes and they really do monitor these and make changes. Every quarter they have updates of things they have changed or improved. It is nice to have a company that strives to make it customers jobs easier. The software itself is easy to navigate and use. I have found the reporting feature to be of great value. I have several reports that need to be customized, this includes the order of the columns, adding formulas and sub-strings, to detailed employee information. My specialist helped me create a report for our workers compensation audit which saved me over 8 hours of work! I have also been able to customize reports that I need to run once a year, it is so nice to just be able to go in an hit "run report" and it's done. Paycor also saved me a lot of time and concern last year with the 1095 forms. My specialist worked with me to ensure all the information was correct and then Paycor took care of the rest. What a relief that was, I didn' t have to worry about missing any deadlines or mailings. If you aren't using a payroll provider or you are looking for a different one I would strongly encourage you to contact Paycor as they are definitely a top notch company!
ProsThe ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software
Alison B.
Administrative Accountant
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
November 2, 2016

“time saver and very user friendly!”

OverallI have greatly enjoyed the features that Paycor Perform has to offer. Using this system, I have been able to save hours of work every week in my processing of payroll and maintenance of employee records. The system is easy to understand and navigate. Our payroll specialist has always been there to help answer questions and guide us through new processes. I also love all the reporting options that are available. I can customize and share reports with others in my department. I also love that I can schedule reports to run and e-mail out. The HR module has greatly helped streamline our benefit and and HR management. Employees are able to view and manager their own profiles, which again saves a lot of time. Overall, I have been very happy with Paycor Perform and the benefits it has provided to our company.
ProsEase of use, accessibility, integartion between modules and some options for customization
ConsThere are areas of reporting and employee record set up that I wish i could customize more. also, we tend to have disruption in our scheduled reporting when there is a Quarterly Update. Also, the implementation process was bumpy at times in terms of time frams and communications, but at the end we were very happy with the product
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a very modern system and a great improvement over the software we were using previously. As with any technology, there will be some bumps and a learning curve, but the team is very helpful in educating you and providing assistance.
Lisa M.
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Great Product”

OverallWe have been able to better track our payroll and labor allocation. It integrates with our benefits program and cuts down on input. Audits go smoother with the reports that we are able to generate; both the pre-made reports and the report generator. I was a little aprehensive when I came into this position. It was quite abruptly and with little training, but I have come to really like this program and it makes my job run a little smoother.
ProsThe product is easy to use. They have great tutorials to help you with areas you are not familiar with. If you need to call in, the customer service is exceptional. They are always friendly and work to the resolution of the call.
ConsNavigation between the areas is a little rough. There are times that I have to maneuver to another area for information and once the information is obtained, I have to maneuver back to the area I was in. If all the areas could be interconnected that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to designate hours and pay to a department. Currently, all hours and or pay have to be allocated to the different departments.
Dione J.
Payroll/Admin Asst
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
June 21, 2018

“Paycor Perform is my first system of this type”

OverallAside from the following issues, I've had some very friendly & helpful service. I do not have other experience with programs/companies like this to compare functionality/quality so it is really difficult for me to discern some of the ratings. 1) Some people in the same departmental/hr vs t&a vs payroll areas do things differently so if your rep is busy and doesn't respond to your e-mails for a week, a new person does not understand some of your functions. 2) I've had trouble with my reporting features not providing correct information and it worries me that there might be even more higher priority type items that are also not reporting or working correctly. 3) The two sides are not cohesive, such as calling someone a manager on one side and a supervisor on the other. I like that you can make them two different people, but calling them different names is confusing.
ProsAlmost always receive friendly helpful service. There are many options for customization. Mostly an easy to read and use interface.
ConsIf you don't set it up, some of the additional benefit/functions are very difficult to understand. I often have trouble setting up various items and would like to have a preview/test button before I share something to everyone, etc. The "OK" button after punching in/out is causing many double punches from people pressing Enter on their keyboards. Many employees complained for the lack of insight & instruction to the changes on this when they were made and do not think this particular interface is user friendly.
June 21, 2018
Jennifer S.
11-50 employees

“Great Customer Service!”

OverallThe online Paycor platform is user-friendly and intuitive. Anyone who has worked in any type of payroll environment would find the platform easy to navigate with very little instruction. There are features that I do find to be superior to ADP, the payroll service I have previously used. I like how the employees are organized and the ease with which I can navigate from employee to employee. I also like the payroll process itself and how pre-post reports are available much more quickly than similar reports were available to me when using ADP. Finally, and most importantly, the customer service\support is far superior to ADP. With ADP, there was a customer service line to call and you would be routed to the first available representative. Sometimes you would get a very helpful, knowledgeable person. However, sometimes you wouldn't. And you would never get the same person twice, even if you had to call in again regarding the same issue. So, you would have to waste time either explaining again or giving the rep your case number to look up and wait while they review case notes. And they were not allowed to provide their direct contact information; you always had to call the main number and take the representative you got. But with Paycor, you have a dedicated representative that you can reach via e-mail or phone. This saves so much time for everyone because they already know about your business and your payroll and can help quickly and easily. Also, if an issue you have had before arises again, you don't have to explain it all over again to a new person. I have only been working with Paycor for about 4 weeks now and I am already completely satisfied with my experience.
ProsEase of use, intuitive, presentation of database information
ConsCannot delete many things once they have been put in. For example, I made a mistake on someone's direct deposit record. I chose the incorrect deduction code on a direct deposit. I could not change the field once it was populated and saved. So, I had to turn that direct deposit off and enter the new correct information in a separate record. Would have been much easier to be able to edit that deduction code on the existing record.
Cesar C.
Docente asociado
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
December 20, 2018

“Paycor's a vital element for the efficient management of human talent from the web”

OverallThe organization has optimized from the work per hour required in reality, as the development of data that allow you to optimize the preparation of the payroll and therefore the accounting and finance of the company. In addition to the Paycor applicant tracking system, the company has been able to optimize its recruitment and selection of qualified personnel.
ProsThe software is very useful because its integrated tools provide me with a virtual environment to manage from its graphical interface the assistance of the staff, as their time of stay in the premises, in addition the graphics tool allows me to generate basic inputs for the construction of the reports that the other instances of the organization require in terms of the need for personnel and the preparation of the payroll. It is very good because it is also compatible with several operating systems such as Mac OS, independent operating system, Windows 8.
ConsThe difficulty has been in reaching the precision levels of automating the tracking of employee hours based on their actual work hours in the company and although administrators can configure workflows and distribute permissions to several users according to the roles, his workstation is cumbersome at the system level to translate all those variations of the programming that the tool has with reality.
December 20, 2018
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2018

“HR in the Cloud”

OverallMoving from ADP was a vast improvement, even with the note cons. Paycor is comparatively modern and offers a more robust platform for HR needs in the cloud. Employee satisfaction with recording time, leave, and access to forms and legal documents improved dramatically with Paycor.
ProsIt offers broad coverage of HR needs, including tracking time and leave, payroll processing, access to legal forms and employee files, etc. Paycor has seen marked improvement over the years I've been using it, now sporting a useful dashboard that presents the most-needed information at a glance. I like that when I log on I'm immediately presented with my leave balances, the date of my next paycheck, and access to the individuals that report to me. The Paycor interface is easy to navigate, place oft-accessed categories in logical places. Coming from ADP, Paycor was a huge step forward in functionality and ease of use.
ConsWhile the worksheet for entering leave and time worked has been redesigned, the employee management area (where a supervisor approves leave, time cards, and tracks employee projects) remains dated and does not match the rest of the site. The form for recording employee progress toward goal completion and completing employee reviews allows only three types of fields, lacks conditional logic, and does not port employee entries to the supervisor rating form. These areas need a lot of work before Paycor becomes a true one-stop shop for our HR needs.
September 3, 2018
Ken P.
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
August 1, 2018

“Paycor Perform truly Performs”

ProsPaycor is rich in functionality. It does a great job in time keeping and has performed for payroll flawlessly once the bugs were worked out (which are inevitable when converting to a new system). Just about everything can be tweaked and changed to conform to a companies policies. You can drill down deep to give customized access to companies, groups, and even individuals in that you can assign a group to an individual, then customize their unique profile to give them access to the specific functions they need. The reporting is about as complete as you could want. There are standard reporting templates for just about anything you need, then you can customize these or build from scratch and keep the reports you want to use on a regular basis. Their help desk people are amazing and respond quickly with solutions. They are not hesitant to bring in other help desk employees if the answer is outside of their knowledge base.
ConsBecause the program is so rich in features, sometimes you need to use the 'Help' features to learn how to do something new, or refresh yourself. The 'Help' feature leaves a lot to be desired. When you search a feature, you usually get mostly questions from other users and even if you are very specific on what you are searching for, you often have to dig through a few pages to find your solution.
August 1, 2018
Carla H.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
October 28, 2016

“Paycor Perform, Time and Attendance, and ACA Reporting”

OverallI have used several different payroll programs and Paycor is by far one of the best programs for small to mid-size companies. Your support staff is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Your ACA team walked me through the setup and import process. They reviewed my information and assisted me with any errors. They explained things as clear and concisely as they could in an area that the lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Emily Adkins is our current customer service rep and is fantastic!!! She has practical knowledge both from a user and support point of view. She has shown me other capabilities in the program that I didn't even know existed. The only area that I think could use some work would be in some of the features and functionality as well as the reporting. Since the upgrade last year, performance has dropped and it takes longer to generate reports. The program does not seem as stable as it was a year and a half ago. There is a lot of ambiguity in how some of the state taxes are calculated. I have been unable to foot your calculations to either the GA tax tables or their formulas. It is difficult to pull employee information for employees that were active any time during a time frame without including actual payroll data. Overall I think the product is great, your team is great and I would definitely continue using your product for years to come.
ProsDefinitely the support and CSR team. The UI is pretty good too.
ConsSome of the setups for earnings and payroll deductions are not clear.
October 28, 2016
HR Specialist
May 22, 2014

“Best product on the market!”

OverallThis is a great product! The ease of the system goes above and beyond my expectations. I love entering a new hire into the HR piece and everything is ready to go in payroll. There aren't a bunch of screens to go through, you scroll down and enter all information at once. Payroll is a breeze, we import from time and attendance, I'm alerted of warnings and a report of imported hours that may not match how an employee is set up. This is a huge help in correcting errors before the final import. Managing employees is simple, easy to find, update, and employees access their records. You choose what employees see and change, this helps with paper reduction. Last year was our first online benefits enrollment. My HR Specialist was fantastic helping set this up. We had some special rules; they helped me get it setup. Employees use Paycor to find information about benefits, plan details, coverage, contact info, websites, etc. This allows more time to focus on other areas of my job. It takes a little time to get everything entered and uploaded but worth it. The Performance Reviews were a little trickier, some things are required that we don't use, such as weights. You aren't able to pass this step unless something is entered, I'd rather it be optional. I created a rating group and wasn't able to remove it. Our supervisors really like it, there is room for improvement, we'd like employees to upload goals and achievements without having to rate themselves, if they don't do the self review it doesn't appear they can upload their information for the supervisor, but the supervisor is able to upload the information. I just started using the Recruiting section. I'm excited that to move to a paperless system for the supervisors to review resumes. I've only entered a few positions and the biggest drawback is I am not able to copy and paste the job description into Paycor. This makes the process time consuming to retype each one, but I like what I see with the ability to connect applicants to specific positions. Overall I really like Paycor's system and look forward to the changes and improvements they continue to make. They have a feedback system you can post changes you'd like to see and you are able to vote on what others have entered. Having a different specialist for each part of Paycor is great; the customer service I get from them is outstanding! If you don't use Paycor you are missing out on making your life easier.
May 22, 2014
Nick B.
IT Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2019

“Works Great but Seems Difficult to Set Up”

OverallPaycor is an excellent payroll solution overall. Make sure you have your ducks in a row before switching from another payroll program. It helps our employees and the company stay on track with pay checks and benefits tracking. It is filled with features that are easy to access, but not overwhelming. I highly recommend Paycor.
ProsMy company uses this for payroll, and I have never had any problem with it. It always logs me in just fine and navigating both their website and mobile app is very easy and intuitive. It lets you look at pay stubs and gives easy to read breakdowns of deductions and taxes on every stub. It offers a countdown to payday for people who care about that. It is filled with features and the layout is such that everything is accessible, but at the same time not in your face and overwhelming. It really is a well built front end.
ConsWe transitioned to this software from another company, and it was a headache. People lost benefits and time off. People were skipped on Payday. This could have been issues on our end, but it seemed like Paycor did not do much to help out. Other than that there have been no other negative incidents to speak of.
August 29, 2019
Rhonda W.

“Paycor Review”

OverallMy overall experience has been very good. I will say, however, this year I feel like the customer support has declined.
ProsIt's very easy to navigate. I can usually find my answers to questions on the website
ConsI have some trouble with reports. I wish they were a little more easy to manage
Marsha K.
Business Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“MK Review”

OverallMy experience has been a positive one overall. Customer support is easy to work with and quick to respond.
ProsIt's pretty easy to use. The new employee wizard is very helpful making sure you don't forget anything in setting up a new employee.
ConsIf I have to pick one thing, I think it would be that it doesn't have the ability to run some "what if" scenarios easily. I'd like to be able to enter some variables for an employee - 401k deferrals, tax exemptions, etc and see how that affects the net per pay - or for the year.
Tracie L.
Senior Financial Analyst
Accounting, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2018

“Paycor handles it all and saves time and money for our organization!”

OverallPaycor is a one-stop shop with our organization, it manages our time and attendance as well as all our payroll processing and handles all the payroll taxes and filings as well as employee W2's. It is easy to use, they provide exceptional customer service, and it saves time each time you process payroll! It is very cost efficient and allows you to focus on other aspects of your job because they handle it all!
ProsThat it handles all payroll processing tasks, its affordable, and the customer services is phenomenal! They are always ready to assist you and they do so in a timely manner, you don't have to wait around for hours or days, they are ready immediately to handle all your needs no matter what and if they do have to get back with you, it is within a very small window of time usually with in the hour.
ConsSome of our reporting needs were not addressed, but we have been able to have them create custom reports for us, instead of us being able to create exactly what we needed.
February 20, 2018
Construction, 201-500 employees
September 29, 2018

“Perfect for when I was a small business owner. ”

ProsI used to use Paycor on a previous company that I owned with a lot of salesmen and technicians. I switched over from trying to manage the payroll on Quickbooks to Paycor and I'm glad I did. Paycor is a simple to use payment software solution to track, schedule, and pay all of your employees. The had a couple problems when I first began and the customer service was very helpful on guiding me to the solutions that I was looking for. We had some employees that were hours and some that were salary. The time stamp feature on this is simple to use and keep track of the hourly employees. It is nice because you can customize user privileges depending on the person. My sales manager needs higher privileges than my normal sales people. You can customize the reports and choose from a multitude of templates for these reports.
ConsSome of the features and functions are little difficult to grasp right away. I would suggest calling their customer service to make sure you are utilizing everything on the software.
September 29, 2018
Katherine S.
Director of Human Resources
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

“Physicians Review”

OverallI get frustrated with the service. I am a customer who pays you approximately 10K plus a year for service but does not use your tax service because we pay taxes when due and do not want to prepay them early with your service. Because of this representatives have told me they will not answer questions about the tax returns, which you prepare and send to me. I am a paying customer that deserves service and many times the responses I receive are unacceptable. Honestly, it depends on who I am talking to because I have found that I get different answers based on who I speak with. I am not a fan of the support I received at all. I asked paycor to modify the GL report and was told it could not be done. The GL report is a report designed for our company and specific to our company. The answer is incorrect and unacceptable. Any report should be modifiable as it is used for our purposes only.
Prosuser friendly
ConsI have to go back to manage employees if I forget to modify something and I am already in the paygrid.
Recommendations to other buyersSupport Staff needs to be trained in customer service and that every paying customer deserves service
David D.
Customer Success
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
August 27, 2019

“If your a business, with a payroll, you will want Paycor! ”

OverallI have zero complaints, it works well, and I had no troubles with it. When we did switch from it (necessary not a choice) it was easy to move data over and was easily to integrate was on paycor. Very Satisfied!
ProsIt has a simple purpose, hour tracking and benefits information. It is the best in this field and is very simple to understand. Companies of 300-400 employees, and those of 500 to 1000, or more can use this easily and effectively. From a basic employee user perspective it is easy to understand and flexible. There are very few ways to make mistakes that cannot be reversed and its transferable from job to job (company to company).
ConsReally only does a select few items, and the format is very basic towards those needs. Outside of its specific functions it really doesn't have too many uses. I say that for what it does its perfect, but has LITTLE outside uses.
August 27, 2019
Kayla B.
Human Resources Generalist
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“Administrative Perspective”

OverallWe enjoy the ease of use and accessibility to training options. We enjoy our assigned customer service representatives. They really take the time to know and understand our company.
ProsEase of use Accessibility Ability to integrate with other software
ConsOccasionally bad customer service representatives. Limitations with document signing and uploading. Time software is a little behind compared to other portions of the site.
Shirley K.
Human Resources Manager
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees

“Paycor All in One HRIS”

OverallWe switched from ADP to the Paycor platform 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with the decision to change. It was scary but Paycor was unbelievable through the whole process. We have improve our payroll processing time and accuracy unbelievable. We can run additional payrolls at any time ourselves, add new departments, job titles, etc all with no hidden costs and the immediate access for payroll journal previews make it a great platform. Paycor reporting is super easy to use and the ability to schedule reports to run daily, weekly, monthly is a huge timesaver. We took the leap and implemented carrier connection and Online Open Enrollment last year and couldn't be happier with the results. We also implement Self Service for our employees which our employees greatly appreciated. They now have access to their accounts and can make changes 24/7. Utilizing Paycor has streamlined our processes and improved us overall. We look forward to implementing more Paycor modules. Best of all their upgrades are based off our their customer feedback and suggestions.
ProsEase of use and the great customer service.
ConsNone
Jennifer J.
Bookkeeper
September 26, 2019

“User friendly and priced comparable”

OverallI have used this product for several years and find it to be a perfect fit for our Church.
ProsWe are on a once a month payroll schedule and I find this platform to be very user friendly. We are also 100% online / direct deposit which the platform is perfect for that. As a non profit smaller scale organization the price is competitive as well.
ConsThe reporting can be a bit overwhelming and offer way to may options when you just want a birthday list with names.
September 26, 2019
Megan R.
Systems and Development Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
August 19, 2019

“Seems very extensible”

ProsIf you have an HR rep who is tech-savvy or likes to play around to maximize the product, it seems like there's a ton of functionality available. We just tested out using the online forms and signing acknowledgement forms and it worked really smoothly. There are a lot of widgets the HR people can turn on/off.
ConsIt's hard to tell what's an administrator choice at my company vs what Paycor is out-of-the-box, but it's weird because as a manager, I cannot see my team members' pay rates. Also, if you manage a manager, you cannot adjust timecards for their team members. Some of the interface is also unintuitive to me. For example, when you accept a team member's time-off request, the Calendar view just shows your whole team's time off but not who each one is. There aren't ways to view the calendar differently, so I don't really see a purpose to it at all.
August 19, 2019
Deidra C.
Finance Secretary / Treasurer
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees

“Easy to use”

ProsVery easy to use, easy to check your work, quick payroll turn around time. Entering new employees is easy. Updating automatic payroll deductions make sense and when doing a group of employees for the same deduction, it is easy to update and make changes. When I call in with a problem or question, I always get a live person quickly.
ConsI wish there was a way that when processing payroll, I could get to a person's time card to check hours more quickly. When I'm in the process of payroll and something doesn't look right or there is a big difference in hours and I'd like to check the hours, there is no easy click to bring up the employees time card. I get out of the processing, go to manage and then the person then the time card. I just wish there was a way to do that process more quickly.
Nick C.
Project Developer
Construction, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“Fine, not great”

OverallAll in all, it's fine. It is a fairly simple way to track time and location when punching in and out. There seems to be some fluff to the interface that takes the place of what could be more useful options.
ProsOverall, it is pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it. The ability to add notes to your punches is very helpful and punching in is done fairly quickly and simply.
ConsThis software can take a while to launch and begin. It also has multiple options when punching in/out (like working/lunch/etc.) but they all seem to do the same thing. There is also a default setting that will automatically add a 30 min lunch in after a certain amount of hours worked and it does not overwrite itself if the employee later punches in and out for a lunch. This had to be done when auditing the time cards
December 13, 2018
Shelly D.
Bookkeeper
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Mixed feelings”

OverallOverall I think this software is better for regular employees than for me as the bookkeeper of a small preschool. We switched from a different time clock to paycor's a couple years ago and I do like that this allows me to process payroll from home, which I have had to do this year on a snow day. However, I preferred the old time clock as I could see a grid of all the employees and quickly add hours or punches to multiple employees. Now I have to go to each employee's time clock. This may seem like a petty issue to some, but I don't like that when adding a new employee to the system I have to select a gender and my only options are male and female. This makes me feel like paycor doesn't respect my trans co-workers.
ProsAbility to process payroll from anywhere
ConsHave to assign gender to employees, can't process payroll on the night of the last day of the pay period, time clock is tedious
Shannon R.
Accounting/HR Assistant
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 employees
June 25, 2019

“Paycor - one stop shop for payroll and HR”

OverallPaycor has been a significant improvement to our prior payroll processing system and separate HR software. Having all of the information in one system, yet having the ability to limit access of some of the modules on a by employee basis is a major plus.
ProsPrior to Paycor, we had separate payroll and HR software. This required dual-entry of data, running the risk of having our data out of sync. Paycor also provides a time collection system. We opted to continue with our existing time collection system. Paycor was very willing to help us format export files from our current system, allowing them to be imported into the Paycor payroll module. I cannot say enough good things about the Custom Reports & Analytics. I can create and share reports within our organization, tapping into just about any field of data stored in Paycor. There are step-by-step prompts for entering new-hires, making the process simple and complete. Online access to W2's and paystubs is very convenient.
ConsPaycor keeps about 1 year of past payroll documents online for easy access. I wish they kept them a little longer.
ronda j.
Asst Controller
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2019

“Paycor Perform Review”

OverallIt's been a real benefit for us to have ee's be able to access their own information. It has cut back on my time of pulling copies, etc for them. Also with our managers having more access now, it's put the responsibility of time card accuracy on them and allowed them to be more familiar with the whole process.
ProsIt's easy to use and if you run into a snag, there's always help available. I like the fact that Paycor is always asking for user ideas and always updating their systems to make better products.
ConsThis may sound silly, but I'd really like the cursor to land on the name search box when you go into Manage EE's in the payroll solution. You have to click on the box to begin typing the person you're looking for and it seems a waste of time and clunky to me.
June 26, 2019
Krissy V.
Investment Manager
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
September 18, 2019

“Easily Manage Time cards through Paycor”

OverallI use Paycor to clock in/clock out at my community, as well as submit PTO and benefit requests.
ProsPaycor is very user-friendly, and provides several tools to help manage time sheets, access company documents, review benefits and more. It has a very clean interface, and is extremely simple to navigate from the moment of onboarding through the duration of employment.
ConsPaycor is difficult to change/cancel/adjust time off. I struggle with the time off section and often have to just delete the PTO submitted and resubmit when there is an error.
September 18, 2019
Craig S.
Accountant
October 26, 2016

“Certain features work great, but using the time & attendance not always easy ”

OverallWhile I like many of the features in Paycor, when combined with HR & Time and Attendance some of the features such as workflows in HR do not always sync every field. Using Time and attendance is not always easy for some of the employees and supervisors to use and the descriptions for a supervisor to approve a time card is "Locking" a time card not approving which adds confusion for some supervisors.
ProsLow Cost including HR, Certain reporting features are very helpful
ConsTime and Attendance system not user or supervisor friendly, certain workflows do not include every field that actually needs to be changed when an employee changes from part-time to full time and other issues
Recommendations to other buyersTry to get Perform Time if you need Time and Attendance we were using their old time and attendance software which is not user friendly
Colleen J.

“A Superior Product”

OverallWe transitioned from ADP to Paycor two years ago. Overall, I have found the quality of the product to be excellent - from the team responsible for the transition through the new and improved platform we use today - "Paycor Perform". Customer support is superior. Whether or not I reach out to our "dedicated" support specialist or just someone who is available when my specialist is busy, I get an answer quickly if not immediately via telephone call or email. Detailed screen shots and instructions are almost always included in Paycor's email responses, leaving little or nothing to the imagination. As a result, cases are quickly resolved and the documentation provided becomes part of my personalized reference guide. Every aspect of the Paycor platform has been well planned with changes rolled out over a period of time that allows users to become familiar before having to "jump in". For instance, not only did Paycor introduce training on the IRS/ACA employer mandated reports (Forms 1094 and 1095) well before the data collection period began, but they also assigned a dedicated specialist for this transition. This provided me with a level of knowledge and understanding that enabled a nearly effortless transition. I've found their training and their support to be top notch. We went from a time clock system which included binders full of documentation for missed punches and PTO requests to a web-based system that requires no paper documentation. In addition, the checks and balances that were once performed by one person (the Payroll Manager) are now allocated among several supervisors, which reduces the average payroll processing time and focuses employee time management responsibility back to the supervisors. Finally, it is important to note that these improvements have all been accomplished (with more to come as time permits) at a lower cost than that charged by Paycor's predecessor! A more satisfied customer will be hard to find!
Jean B.
Co- Owner
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Comfortable”

OverallWe have been with Paycor for several years now. We are approaching a steady count of almost 300 employees so the system makes it easy to process new hires and all that we need for payroll and ACA functionality. I do stress a little every time my account representative changes as we become comfortable with a particular individual and it gets difficult to adjust to the new...The really good ones seem to get promoted or moved and we get rookies and start all over... Overall, there are a few things in the Paycor system that could make it more user friendly, but overall is a very good system.
ProsSomewhat user friendly
ConsCould have some functionality that could eliminate inputting data
Recommendations to other buyersWould like it easier to input Payroll and HR programs so all data is inputted in one program. I enter new hires in HR and then have to switch to Payroll to enter Tax items...
Sue G.
HR/Payroll/Benefits/Safety/Admin. Assist
Construction, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2016

“Paycor equals User Friendly & Assistance when needed”

OverallI've processed payroll for years and Paycor has been, by far, the easiest to use for a Payroll Specialist. If you aren't sure, you have access to Paycor step-by-step tutorials with screenshots for payroll and HR. If you still need assistance, you can contact a devoted payroll specialist via email or phone call. You can also ask questions to HR Specialists for those hard to find answers. Paycor offers so many ways to assist in day-to-day payroll and HR business such as handbook assistance, Onboarding, uploading certificates, uploading company documents, etc. WOW!! So much help available at your fingertips!!
ProsAssistance in all aspects. Paycor listens to the clients for ideas
ConsOur labor hours go by jobs, Paycor does not allow for consecutive job numbers such as 1001, 1002, 1003 as the employees process new jobs.
Cory P.
Director of Operations
Hospitality, 201-500 employees

“Paycor Perform”

OverallPaycor perform is a very intuitive and clean platform for payroll functionality, HR and ACA reporting. It is always improving and striving to be better. Customer service is great and one of the reasons I switched our company from ADP. I am assigned specialists that I can speak with directly. Every time I have spoken with a different representative, they have been helpful and never condescending like some help desk support. Reports are easy to navigate and build within the system. It was a very easy transition and I have been completely satisfied with Paycor for our payroll, HR and ACA needs.
ProsEase of use. Customer service. Reporting and accuracy. Always improving and listening to customer feedback.
ConsThere are few tasks that can be completed in HR or Payroll and it matters which task is done in each platform.
Keith A.
IT Director
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
September 28, 2019

“Review”

OverallWhen is comes to looking up info or having to get information about my benefits or employees, it works great. Being able to integrate insurance and time and attendence is also a nice feature.
ProsI like how easy it is for me to get all the info about each of my employees. I can see their schedule and how much they worked also current pay and years of employment.
ConsThe time and attendence side of paycor is my least favorite part. It is slow, and looks like it was made in the 90s. It is very intuitive and takes lots of clicks to make minor changes.
September 28, 2019
Accounting, 10,001+ employees
August 9, 2019

“Paycor Review”

OverallOverall, I've had a satisfactory experience with the product. Gets the job done for most payroll and HR needs.
Pros- Paycor has an amazing customer service team, they always seem to come to our rescue in time - Pretty neat integration offering and quite customizable as well without needing to break too many things - Onboarding experience is fantastic, with the video tutorials, really helps get over the steep learning curve, and saves costs in terms of having to organize internal trainings for new employees
Cons- Although on-boarding for initial users in great for getting up to speed on the basics of the product, it can be a bit difficult when you start looking for intermediate features, the "Help" section is a bit lacking in its explicitness in explaining results. So the learning curve is low initially for getting started, but gets steep as you go further down. - Batch-editing and deleting of records or fields would be great to have - I feel the shortcut key set is a bit lacking, for someone inputing or editing a lot of indexes at a go, it could be a bit of drag if i need to use my mouse every now and then, considering coming from an environment like excel.
August 9, 2019
Todd P.
Finance manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

“Paycor Perform Review”

OverallPaycor software has been by far the easiest payroll software we have used. It's simple, direct layout makes entering and maintaining our company configuration and our weekly payroll a breeze.
ProsWhat we like most about the paycor software is how easy it is to check/edit daily time clock in/outs. Also how fast it is to submit the prior weeks payroll and feeling confident that the submitted payroll will be processed on the correct date.
ConsThe least thing we like about the paycor software is not being able to quickly see if we successfully submitted our weekly payroll. We receive an email, but it would be nice under the "pay employee" tab to visually see the prior weeks submitted payroll.
Kim M.
Human Resources Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Paycor Services Review”

OverallOverall experience has not been a positive experience. Customer service being at the forefront. We have a dedicated customer service relations manager, however, when raising concerns he has not resolved these and only directs back to our customer service contact.
Pros1) I do like that there are a variety of options that we can utilize with payroll, HR, time and attendance, performance management, applicant tracking and benefits.
Cons1) Customer Support is poor! Each service (Payroll, Time&Attendance, HR) have their own support contacts. When trying to reach them, they are never available via phone. You have the capability to e-mail directly but don't always get a fast response (fast to me is within 12-24 hours). I have to continuously send follow-up e-mails to check on status of issues or questions. 2) They have a variety of different systems to use (payroll, HR, applicant tracking) but each system does not always talk well to each other since they were different technologies that created them. For example, the applicant tracking system was under Newton Software so they handled any technical issues. 3) There are different roles in the system and when asking for how-to guides for these roles, for example a manager role, I was told I needed to test and create myself as each system is unique. 4) I came in after the organization had started using their services. As a new person in my role, I wanted to find out what functionalities that we have available to us as I know there are more functionalities available but have not been provided with what these are, only learn as I go or if I ask the right questions. There is training provided but again that is very brief and doesn't go deep into what the system can do. The reason Paycor states can't provide as each client is unique. Very unfortunate as would like to get the most bang for our buck!
Shaun D S.
Business Owner
July 18, 2018

“I really wish I had found this early on in one of my projects!”

OverallIt allowed us to track when employees were actually present for their shifts. We used to have the honor system but as we all know.....it wasn't the smartest thing to do because we were always on the phone and texting checking in. Parycor took all of the guess work out of it. If they don't clock in.....they have no access to anything else to do their job.
ProsTime and attendance tracking was paramount. Especially for a start-up that I was helping get set-up. It's cloud based so no expensive software/hardware needed. HR and Payroll was paramount since employees are spread out across the East Coast so if there was an issue, we weren't bothered with minor details, Paycor was right on it.
ConsNo integration into QBO. Have used QB for several years and our tax/accounting firm is very used to it for quarterly filings. After some digging around we found a fix however Paycor was adamant that everything stayed in their platform. That's why the 3 star for Customer Support because I spent many hours pulling my hair trying to get the integration.
July 18, 2018
Bruce F.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
June 12, 2018

“I have found Paycor's payroll platform to be relatively easy to use.”

OverallSome of the group that has been assigned to our call center are not adequately trained in Consumer Directed Services and don't understand this business model.
ProsI like the ability to print payroll paystubs, some of the reports and the user friendliness of the payroll input.
ConsI was told initially that I could print a useable quarterly report for the state requirement. Since we have 15 or so employer reports to merge for that report, it has been quite challenging to get an appropriate report created with accurate data. Also, it is quite frustrating to log in multiple times per day and have to plug in a code that has been texted to me. Currently, we are code free which has been nice.
Karen B.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 3, 2017

“Too many surprises”

OverallThis product has many features that are fantastic, but as a new user (less than a year), I am still surprised on a regular basis by what it cannot do. There are many basic features that are illogical. New Hire documents can be uploaded to a library and included in the New Hire Onboarding process. Fantastic! There is no way to control the order in which the New Hire reviews those documents. New Hires onboard using their personal email address because they don't have a work email yet. Later, during a Benefit Open Enrollment, notifications can't be directed to their work emails but goes to their personal email address. A New Hire becomes active as soon as they complete the onboarding process, not on their Hire date. We found that out by paying a New Hire early. The custom template of instructions for Benefit Onboarding can't be saved; it has to be entered every time an Event is created. We have also had great difficulty with support. Lots of "We're sorry" and "You were dropped through the cracks". We have also been told, more than once, that it is our responsibility to make sure something is working the way it should. As a new user, we can't know what we don't know! Paycor isn't ready for prime time with this.
ProsPayroll, Benefits and HR are connected and changes in any field updates across the modules (assuming it has been set up correctly). Employees can update much of their personal and payroll information themselves, saving the Administrator time. Onboarding of a New Hire works very well and not having all that paperwork in a file is terrific. If you get support rep on the phone, they are fantastic to help.
ConsPaycor frequently directs the user to their Knowledge Base, which is extensive. So extensive that it's nearly impossible to sort through it looking for an answer to the question at hand. The reporting feature is the same way. Hard to find what you need and tough to create what you need. Their support is less than impressive. Implementation was not well directed, mistakes were made by Paycor and by us due to lack of guidance from Paycor. Once active, support has been inconsistent. We are frequently surprised to find what should be a simple task is not even possible. Implementation of improvements is slow to appear. The parts that work well are impressive, but overall we have been less than pleased and very frustrated.
March 3, 2017
J. Michael B.
Automotive, 51-200 employees
October 25, 2016

“Control freak pleased with Paycor's performance ”

OverallAs a former IRS agent who also taught employment taxes for the IRS I am quite happy with Paycor's ability to perform ALL of the payroll functions. I was a little hesitant at first to give up control because I NEED TO MAKE SURE everything is done right. But after being on Paycor for a year and a half I am very happy with their ability to do everything right. Taxes are properly calculated, payments are always made timely, and the payroll and quarterly reports I get are better than I use to do. It did take a while for all the set-up to get up to my expectations but the customer support staff was patient and understanding. Also some items there is a slight maze to get through but it is workable and overall I believe this payroll program is the best available and I highly recommend it. This Controller sleeps peacefully at night knowing our payroll is in good hands at Paycor.
ProsComprehensiveness Accuracy of reports ACA filings
Consterminating an employee (a lot of ectra steps)
Recommendations to other buyersGet it, you will be happy you made the change.
Jim B.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2019

“It gets the job done fast and accurately”

OverallOverall we have been pleased with the product.
ProsPaycor's system is more intuitive than many others. You want to make employee changes to the profile, do it here. You want to work through the pay grid and prepare for payroll, do it there. Some other systems seem to be all over the place. It took me very little time to get up and running with where things were located and how they worked together. Overall the system works very well for what we need it to do. Also, their ACA compliance package is nice. Easy to download files, then very simple and intuitive (again) for reviewing each employee to make sure the dates, offers, and other data are correct.
ConsThe software itself is quite good. If I had one area to improve it would be to have my rep more available. However, when my rep it not around, someone else takes my call and almost all of the time are able to help me with my issue on the first call.
Michele C.
Office Manager/HR/Project Manager
51-200 employees
February 15, 2018

“Paycor is a wonderful platform to work on and with!!”

OverallWe are able to pay our employees, capture wage history and tax information.
ProsSelecting Paycor was one of the best decisions we made! It integrates flawlessly with our QuickBooks application as well as our time entry system. The platform is very user friendly and allows for entry of all deductions, additions and bonuses as well as tracking all changes to pay rate. It also has a robust reporting system. The best part about Paycor though, is their friendly customer service department. They take care of any questions and issues right away and always follow up to ensure their solution took care of the issue.
February 15, 2018
Monica B.
Market Research, 11-50 employees

“Performance software”

OverallI switched to Paycor Perform from another payroll company about 3 years ago. The software I was using at the other company was so outdated. The sales person from Paycor was very helpful and ensured a seamless transition between the two. We have been using the software for three years and have seen upgrades continue to happen. It is an easy to use software and most things you can figure out just by tinkering around. If you can't, just call your Paycor support person. Paycor's customer support has been great.
ProsEase of use!
ConsThe communication from Paycor Time and Attendance to Perform is a bit bumpy, but I know that Paycor Time is coming and will resolve that.
Recommendations to other buyersUse the custom reporting. It's a great feature and you can report on almost everything in the system.
sue m.
Director of Compensation
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
November 2, 2016

“So glad we switched to Paycor”

OverallOne year ago we went from an in-house payroll processing system to Paycor for our time and payroll needs. We reviewed several options and I feel strongly that we made the right choice! The web based system is very user friendly for our employees, our managers & payroll staff. From employee access to scheduling to HR records retention to payroll & taxes - the integrated system makes managing our labor much more efficient. Reporting is easily customized and very useful. The customer service support we receive is prompt, attentive, from knowledgeable resources. Switching to Paycor was one of the best system changes we have made recently.
ProsUser friendly, intuitive system. Easy for multiple managers to access while limiting the overall information that can be viewed.
Conssome limitations on the scheduling costing functions, but quarterly updates do address consumer suggestions - maybe this improvement will be added soon.
Terri J.
Accounta Payable and Assist with HR
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Paycor Review by Terri”

OverallThe payroll module is pretty straight forward and associates are able to answer questions and assist when we call with questions. The HR and ACA portion is not as easy to learn . We are not clear on how the contact for Client Support HR differs from the contact for Benefit Related HR questions . Is training available to come to our site? Once we added all the different compenents, it has been confusing to know who to call to help for what section . Lately we have felt like a ping pong ball bounced from one rep to another.
ProsWe are able to make changes when needed on our end most of the time. On occasion it requires a Paycor Rep to manage changes.
ConsI think since we started with just the payroll part then later added the HR part there seems to be information that does not transfer from payroll over to the HR and it's confusing which place to enter what information for both parts to "talk" to each other.