Punchpass Ratings

Overall

About Punchpass

Punchpass is software for your personal training sessions & group classes. Manage your customers, take attendance, and track passes. Accept reservations and sell passes online too. Manage events and track waivers online. Punchpass is easy to use - you'll be in control and feeling great right away. It's simple, flexible, and awesome. See why our customers love us & start a free trial today! We're a small business like you, and we're known for great support. Learn more about Punchpass

Banking, 201-500 employees
February 1, 2018

“Amazing customer service and a product that ticks most of the boxes that a small business would want”

OverallReduced software costs Ease of booking classes for customers increased Functionality for class instructors increased
ProsWhat initially drew me to Punchpass was the cost for service, compared to other software which contained so many confusing features that we didn't need for a cost that we couldn't easily afford, Punchpass does almost everything that we need as a small business spread across multiple locations that we need. It allows us to have control as administrators but also to delegate certain responsibility to our instructors and let's them have control of their own schedule which is important to us. It allows our customers to easily locate classes near to them, and allows us to streamline our waiver, and class check in process. Customer support is very responsive to requests and are a pleasure to deal with.
ConsThere are slight inconsistencies between the desktop and mobile version of the customer portal, and there are slight differences in display when logged in to not logged in. There is no reporting dashboard, and the reports that are available are quite simple.

By Trillo on February 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! A reporting dashboard is in the plans for Spring 2018. It's definitely needed!
February 1, 2018
Patricia P.
Business Owner
September 17, 2019

“User Friendly Streamlined Program For Fitness Business”

OverallExcellent communication and very easy launching their system. Immediate customer responses.
ProsIt was so much easier to set up and costs much less than MINDBODY, which is essential for a small start up business like many fitness programs are. It has features I can grow into (and pay for) but eliminates the bells and whistles I don't need. The people that assist me checking in clients report it is easy to learn. No long lines waiting to check in.
ConsDoesn't have a downloadable app feature. I would like there to be a tighter interface with external card reader payments so I don't have to enter these manually but I know that would happen if I paid for more services.
September 17, 2019
Ally G.
owner/care-taker
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2016

“FANTASTIC - software & service! After a long hunt, have found!!”

OverallI have trialled many softwares for our yoga studio, and implemented a few of them. They were all messy for something that's meant to make it smoother! Punchpass is simple, fast and really effective. And they're always right there in response when you have questions - I've had MANY, despite it being more intuitive & straightforward than any other software I've tried, and they've always, always, been obliging. And while not the cheapest, it's far from the most expensive. Can't recommend highly enough.
ProsEase. Simplicity. Clarity. SImple and fast upon book in before class. Easy for students to use. Gives totals of passes sold, so helps with the books.
ConsThere's not yet a waitlist capacity, which they tell me though is in the pipeline - this would be really, really helpful. Also passes can get lost if the clients don't make an account before they purchase it - would be great to take the ability for them to do this away as it's a bit of a problem. And lastly the name! But it's still great software - unsurpassed.

By Trillo on August 10, 2016
Hi Ally- Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Punchpass. You warmed our hearts with your very kind words ¿. And good news! We JUST added an easy way for you to restrict pass purchases to those who are logged on to Punchpass. Thanks for the suggestion! Best, Sharon
August 10, 2016
Susan E.
Owner Operator
September 20, 2019

“Totally excited about PunchPass!”

OverallI am very satisfied with PunchPass I have more to learn since I have only just finished my free trial and opened my account!
ProsI am still learning but I was able to figure things out and I am not very technical. I can check my students in so much much faster!
ConsIt would be nice to be able to down load emails from contacts. Maybe you can but didn't find a reference to that.
September 20, 2019
Dave M.
Co-Founder
May 8, 2018

“One word: Awesome. The team at PunchPass should be the gold standard for customer service.”

ProsIncredibly easy to setup. Incredibly easy to use. Full feature set. Allows us to focus on running our studio rather than spending hours and hours dealing with IT headaches as was the case before we discovered PunchPass. Loving the newly released version.
ConsI don't really have any cons. If I could add a feature it would be geo-location functionality that would promote our studio to potential clients doing a search on Google or in the PunchPass ecosystem.

By Trillo on May 11, 2018
Hi Dave - Thanks for the review! And interesting idea about the location for Google searches. I could see how adding your business location to the tags we have on your Public schedule might help. I'll make a note of it! Best, The Punchpass Team
May 8, 2018
Brian K.
Director IT
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2017

“Most of the features for the right price”

OverallThe team over at Punchpass have been great! They have a simple straightforward chat client on all their pages and have been 100% responsive with 24 hours or less of all my requests. The software is going to meet all of our needs for right now. We are a woodshop and offer classes and shop time. Members can check online to see if the shop has open slots and can schedule before they come in. This keeps the shop from getting crowed at any given time. We also have the ability to open up classes to the general public for a price. Could be a little easier when we do mass edits, but part of the beauty of Punchpass is the simplicity and not having too many features helps them stay focused on their core competency.
ProsSimple and straight forward to use.
ConsThere are some limits on mass updates and uploads. However the team is very responsive to special requests.
Recommendations to other buyersThe software does not have all the bells and whistles, but they answer your questions, they are open to new ideas and they don't have all the bloat of some of the other applications we looked at in the market. Additionally, the price is right.
March 28, 2017
May 3, 2018

“We absolutely love using Punchpass as our reservation system for our wellness studio.”

ProsUsing Punchpass was a breath of fresh air after having tried MindBody for a few month, paid an unjustifiable amount of money, had terrible customer service and couldn't get all the functionalities we wanted. Punchpass simplifies the admin side of it. It integrates with Stripe and their customer service is amazing.
ConsThe design and client experience isn't the most beautiful. However, a lot of improvements have been made lately and the site looks much better/modern now!
May 3, 2018
Tracy B.
September 11, 2019

“Easy to use ”

OverallIt has been excellent - great to see online reservations, manage billing & get away from Paper trail & cash sales
ProsEase of use, cost effectiveness & ability to streamline revenue collection & bookings
ConsNothing so far! I have not encountered any difficulties
September 11, 2019
MiMi S.
Yoga Instructor
February 3, 2015

“As close to perfect as possible!”

OverallThe design is well thought out, intuitive, and user friendly. I have been able to do what I want to do without having to read all the instructions but found the instructions clear and to the point when I've needed them. The software seems stable and "bug free" (if such a thing actually exists). I wanted: * Easy to Learn * User Friendly * No long term commitment required * Free Trial that's really "no charge" * Excellent Customer Service * Simple Design that is clear and not overly complex in layout, processes, functionality, etc. * Real time class check-in via iPad or Smartphone * A monthly fee that fits into my very small business budget My initial experience has been 100% positive and I am very excited about using more of the features! My only "cons" are really more of "wish list" of features I would like to see in the future: * Facebook (and other social media) widget * Ability to upload CSV files from my own dashboard (although the Punchpass people will do this for me now) * Ability to change my logo (again, Punchpass will do this for me, so it's not a problem - just me wanting to be all self-sufficient)
February 3, 2015
Bill O.

“Organized at last!”

OverallI am the kind of person who likes everything in it's place. My business grew so fast I was creating different systems of organization to keep track. The only thing was there were so many different systems I couldn't keep track of customers, attendance, who paid what and when, which customers were active and on and on...until I learned of PunchPass. Now I have one system which handles everything. I have been fortunate enough to grow with the added features PunchPass has developed over time. Every time I contacted them with a problem or needed report it was developed or added giving me a solution. I have given them the highest rating except for ease of use. To be clear it is easy to use, but first you need to climb the learning curve. I tell each of my teachers who use it that they have to make all the common mistakes, then the system is very intuitive and easy. In sum PuchPass is an integral part of my business, Hot Yoga Burlington, Vermont
Rebecca A.
Executive Director
April 21, 2016

“Love Punchpass for attendance tracking!”

OverallI have long searched for a simple solution to track my agency's events and attendance. Although we are not a yoga studio, we run classes and events with groups. We need to generate lists at the end of the month both by event and by attendee to show our funders how many events/hours we worked with clients, as well as how much time each client spent with us and what they did. After setting up my client list, now I just add my classes each month, and check people off when they attend. There is much more functionality to Punchpass, and we may use it in the future if we start charging for classes. It works well for us now, and will continue to work well if we grow in that direction. Thanks, Punchpass!

By Trillo on April 23, 2016
Thanks Rebecca! We have lot's of customers who use Punchpass in unique situations and we always love hearing how people use Punchpass to help their business/organization run better. Thanks again!
April 21, 2016
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2019

“Poor Customer service ”

OverallJust frustrated with the level of support punchpass offers. Have since looked to moving to MindBody with improved customer service.
ProsCheaper than the competitors in the booking market.
ConsCustomer service was very poor. Was blamed for not understanding the software when there were glitches with online payment occuring additional fees. Not a good look blaming customers.
February 27, 2019
Karen F.
Gym Owner
Sports, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2016

“Punchpass ”

OverallVery easy to use both clients and staff find Punchpass easy to use ! I like that I can use from my smart phone . Clients and staff like that how easy it is to use .
ProsIt is eccomical and user friendly not hard to edit profile, to make changes as you go . Client love that they get emails when they need to make another purchase.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's great !! Very easy to use! I like that I can see revenue for each class .

By Trillo on September 15, 2016
So nice to hear. Thanks so much, Karen. We really appreciate it!
September 12, 2016
Celest R.
Director/Instructor
November 4, 2014

“Liking what I see so far.”

OverallSo far I'm liking what I'm seeing with this software. I was looking for a program to track how many people attend any given class, and the kind of pass they use. I'm really happy with the service and communication with the administrators of Punchpass. There are still some bugs to work out, and some additional features I would like to see, but all in all, I think this is going to be a great asset to my company. I don't know all the features I want to see yet, because I am still getting use to the program. Maybe one major feature would have a phone or tablet ap that works offline, so that I can take attendance without requiring an internet connection (the one at the studio I use isn't always reliable), and then sync the information when I am at a stable connection.
November 4, 2014
Ali S.
October 15, 2014

“PunchPass changed my life”

OverallI had ( and still have!) a small growing fitness business..primarily dance fitness classes. I was using paper cards and it was making my life crazy.. People would lose them, and expect me to know what was on them, etc. Chris approached me to use his product in the first stages..and I have been with him and Punchpass ever since. It is the perfect tool for my business and to GROW my business. Every time I grow, and need something I have asked Chris.. and he has either made it happen or has found an even better solution. My clients love the ease of check in now. I have also referred many of my Fitness friends to use Punchpass and have heard nothing but happy stories. I am able to keep track of my clients needs and get in contact with them so easily now.
Debbi R.
Instructor/Class Owner
April 25, 2016

“Excellent and Exactly What I Needed”

OverallI needed something to save me time for my classes and stumbled across this program. It does everything I need: tracks attendance, maintains my customer data base, gives me a report of sales as well as many other great features. The customer service is supreme! Anytime I have a question or a need, I get a response in a timely manner complete with instructions on how to get or do what I need. I HIGHLY recommend this program/site to anyone who needs to manage class and customer information, but would rather not take time to build something from the ground up.

By Trillo on April 25, 2016
Thanks so much for the kind words, Debbi! We really do care about your experience with Punchpass. Thank you for noticing and sharing your thoughts!
April 25, 2016
Erin S.
Yoga studio owner
May 16, 2016

“Punchpass for my home yoga studio”

OverallI used Punchpass for my in home yoga studio for a number of years and was very pleased with the service. It met all of my needs and was a great way to manage a very small business with a level of professionalism that was very important to me. The crew "behind the scenes" was always personal, friendly and professional. I always felt that punchpass was designed just for me! :)

By Trillo on May 23, 2016
Erin - thank you so much for the kind words! They truly mean a lot to us.
May 16, 2016
Kahthleen B.
March 17, 2016

“It has been a pleasure using Punchpass - Any problems have been easily sorted by support”

OverallPunchpass is a great program. It is simple and clear. It is great that most things can be sorted out on one page and that you are not led through 4 pages to complete a task/transaction. The support team have been amazing It is a great asset to our studio and makes our client management simple and effective. We have experienced a few small issues but as mentioned your support team have been great and all issues from our side have been resolved up to this point
March 17, 2016
Joyce B.
Owner/Director
October 18, 2014

“PunchPass”

OverallThis service has provided me with what feels like 3 extra employees! It has streamlined my recording, my book keeping and my ability to analyze what is happening! At this point in the development of my studio, I could not be without it! Response time for questions is almost immediate, suggestions are always followed up on, and the ease with which I can now get my attendances recorded is perfect! Thank you to Chris Patton! Your PunchPass is A+ and I am grateful every day for its inception!
October 18, 2014
Heather B.
March 28, 2016

“Fantastic support, easy to add clients, saved time and energy, reasonably priced.”

OverallThis program just keeps getting better. I initially signed up to keep track of my clients drop ins for a few group programs I run, and as the months went by there were more and more amazing features to use. It was really helpful to have automated emails sent to my clients when their passes were expiring, I made up-sales without even trying.
Lindsay V.
RN
March 15, 2018

“Easy to use, but simple.”

ProsIt allows our customers to easily locate classes near to them, and allows us to streamline our waiver, and class check in process. Customer support is very responsive to requests and are a pleasure to deal with.
ConsThere is no reporting dashboard, and the reports that are available are quite simple. A little more features offered would make this much better than others.
March 15, 2018
Kelli L.
March 28, 2016

“I've been using this program for 3 years! ”

OverallI have been very happy with everything about this program! They are constantly making amazing updates making it so user friendly and efficient! They always get back to me in a timely manner if I ever have questions and this program has been so helpful with my business.
Kari A.
October 19, 2014

“awesome and easy to use!”

Overalli have been looking for a studio software that first and foremost was intuitive and easy for my instructors to use, and punchpass has nailed it! in addition to a great product, the customer service has been outstanding: with one on one quick responses from the founder himself. we are very happy with punch pass!!
Susan S.
October 19, 2014

“Punchpass is the BEST purchase I have ever made for my Studio”

OverallPunchpass is simply fantastic. Easy to use, easy to set up and the features are very helpful. I wonder now how I lived without it at the Studio. I can check in 80 plus students in less that 10 minutes. I am a very satisfied customer and I recommend this program 100%.
Teresa J.
April 13, 2016

“Very easy to use”

Overallthis program makes it easy for self-taught entrepreneurs to offer something of value while being organized and professional. It's extremely easy to use and navigate through. I'm very happy with the software.
April 13, 2016

June 8, 2018

June 8, 2018
Vanana S.
April 5, 2016

“Great and easy to use, ability to access anywhere.”

OverallNothing to share at this stage
April 5, 2016