SuperControl Ratings

Overall
3.8/5
3.6/5
3.8/5

About SuperControl

SuperControl's special niche was defined back in 2007. Savvy owners and agencies seeking specialist property management software to book and manage their holiday rentals were frustrated to find no system dedicated to their needs; just adapted hotel systems. SuperControl was created to satisfy this demand. Our mission is to provide holiday rental managers and owners with intelligent and user-friendly software to help them innovate, save time and be more profitable. Learn more about SuperControl

sarah k.
manager
Accounting, Self-employed
August 3, 2018

“Had enough thanks”

OverallVery frustrated. When I speak to them regarding being unhappy with the service they will say ' thats because Im on the LITE package and for the amount of properties I have I should be on the upgraded one' Its always the customers fault! After 9 years of this I will be changing.
ProsThe calendar is laid out simply, but could be easier to use. For example if I want to switch 2 bookings and the week is full, I have to delete one, move the second one and then re-instate the booking to be able to swap them. How about a quick quick drag and drop?
ConsOver 9 years, I have never ever had a apology for a mistake, unexplained glitch e.t.c once I speak to a member of support staff to try and have it fixed. Very poor customer service. At the time of renewal I receive a bill with a few hundred added on from the previous year, I then have to call up and try to find out why they have automatically charged me for an upgraded package which has never ever been discussed. This infuriates me each time, never ever any apology. No discussion to ask if I would like to consider upgrading or offer to send me additional info! I could go on.....

By SuperControl on August 28, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write this review Sarah, we really appreciate your feedback. We are sorry you have been unhappy with the client support you have received. To address this we have actively recruited to grow our team, introduced an intensive induction training programme and provide continuous learning for everyone. This will ensure we consistently perform to the highest standards and deliver the best possible help to our clients. With regards to your renewal invoice, we apologise for any confusion. Your account wasn't automatically upgraded. The increased cost of just under £120 was due to your request to add 2 licences, taking the number of licences from 7 to 9. Improving user experience is also high priority right now, thanks for your suggestion about switching bookings, it's been passed to our Project Manager. We wish you the very best for the future.
August 3, 2018
Sam M.
Managing Director/Owner
Hospitality, Self-employed
July 11, 2018

“Couldn't and wouldn't be without it!”

OverallSupport ! Ability to speak to an actual human! Links to my website and my owners own version of SC
ProsEase of use- the more you play with it, the more you learn. Almost all of the platforms my company operates with are integrated If not two way, certainly by API or iCal so no bookings get lost and are updated across all the suppliers within minutes Customer service is fab - email in your 'tickets' and you get an answer- it is rare that you have to wait the 48 hours advised If you don't fully understand the answer- reply to the ticket in the help section. Cost- it's manageable Links seamlessly to my website. It also links me with other owners who wish to take their own bookings Loads of functionality and automated features such as setting up discounts to come off automatically within a certain frame- this has saved me shed loads of time loading each 'gap' individually When there is an issue- its acknowledged and fixed really quickly- if the team can't answer, they are honest and say they are referring to tech support. I value this honesty because lets face it- who does know everything about everything all the time. The last two years have been an enormous learning curve for me but I have never felt anything less than supported if I have needed to call
ConsHaving grown a lot in the last couple of years sometimes the newer members of the support team (understandably) have less experience than the key players so you get directed to a video which doesn't always work for me if I have gotten myself too 'stuck' - so I request a support call I would love for SC to go the whole hog and offer a full accounting package but its a booking system at the end of the day.

By SuperControl on July 19, 2018
Thank you so much for your review Sam. We are growing our support team both in numbers and knowledge through our new ongoing product and industry training programme; and our videos are also being updated as we speak!
Andrew S.
July 11, 2018

“Big Agency Power, Without the Cost”

OverallSignificant reduction in manual processes, resulting in even fewer errors. Ability to multi-cast properties to OTA's of our choosing, on a basis of our choosing. Ability to create great customer friendly pages, like our search page. A platform that I feel will take us beyond 150 cottages to many hundreds.
ProsFundamentally, Super Control is an advanced software package that gives agents an unparalleled ability to streamline, upgrade and control their business like no other software platform I have tested. In particular: * automated letter/email templates: using <tag> functionality to pull through live data like booking value, balance due, owner name etc, means you can create 20-30 beautifully templates and never use Outlook again * Channel Manager: to set-up and govern two way instant booking functionality with the leading OTA platforms * Great API functionality: if you want an amazing website, something that Airbnb would be proud of, then Super Control's API give you the power to pretty much pull through every data field and create stunning functions. Look at Character Cottages search page * Pricing functionality: allows complex, multi-dimensional data to be set-up allow us, for example, to pretty much serve up any start and any end date * Support: contrary to what some others have said, I have found the support team to be brilliant, responsive, engaging and helpful
ConsBecause its been built over time, it does have a feel that different sections where built by different developers, which is probably true. Being a complex program, you do occaisionally get glitches, but they are quickly resolved. At the moment, some of the mobile shopping cart forms are somewhat ugly, but I believe that is being worked on.

By SuperControl on July 19, 2018
Thank you for your review Andrew, it's fantastic to hear such positive feedback. We are working on the UI experience at the moment, you will see an improvement in the coming months. Your comments are much appreciated, thanks again!
Paul C.
Managing Director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
July 11, 2018

“Excellent for the last 6 years”

OverallBeing able to list on multiple channels with the least amount of effort. Minimising administration, automated emails and much more.
ProsI like that fact that Supercontrol are always striving to implement new functions in which they know are essential in order to be successful in our industry. When I email them and ask them to do something it is always done asap and I really appreciate that. They have thought about everything which also educates us with functions that we never even thought about before. I have been in this industry 25 years and used every property management software there is, Supercontrol are miles ahead and as long as they are then so is our company. I started using supercontrol 5 or 6 years ago with 30 to 40 properties in one destination, with their help I have increased this to over 450 properties in 17 different countries. This was only possible for our company by using Supercontrol to minimise our admin and accounts.
ConsI wish I had more control myself with cross updating but Supercontrol do it for me but I could not think of anything else negative.

By SuperControl on July 19, 2018
Hi Paul, thanks for your review! It's been fantastic to watch your business grow so successfully. I'll pass your suggestions about cross-updating to our Project Manager.
Joanna L.
June 8, 2018

“Frustrated. Referred to by the staff as 'Stupid Control'”

ProsThis software should work. It has the right ideas. The system could be excellent. When it works, it works well.
ConsAlmost impossible to operate easily. Not intuitive to use. What you think the system should do it doesn't, and what you think it shouldn't do, it does. Constant glitches that are suddenly fixed when you email the support line. No apologies when there are problems. Support staff harried and not properly trained, always having to refer to technical team for simple problems. Support lines currently not even being answered. Emails take 48 hours, usually replied to with some random, disingenuous reply. Often with very poor grammar, clearly because staff simply aren't given the time to sort problems out properly. Daren't make changes to any settings in case bad glitches then occur as they frequently do, then take an inordinate amount of time to fix. Come on guys - get it sorted, this could be a great product.

By SuperControl on June 26, 2018
We're very sorry to hear of your recent experience with SuperControl and that you feel our support has been lacking. We are always looking to improve and are working hard to address any points of friction or frustration within our client experience. We are investing in simplification and suitability of core functionality and user experience. On the service side, we are actively recruiting more support team members to allow for greater phone coverage and reduce our response times. We are also overhauling our induction training for our new team members and have introduced a continuous learning programme for our more tenured staff. In this way we hope to provide the best possible help for our expanding client base. In addition to this we have started a programme of 1-1 coaching with our support advisors to review their previous contacts, correct errors, ensure process is followed and make sure that all our team are performing to the high standards you have a right to expect.
June 8, 2018
Rachel M.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“Supercontrol has helped me expand my business and keep sane!”

OverallSeamless integration with my website, easy online booking for guests, integration with merchant gateway and payment systems, at a glance performance reports.
ProsI switched to Supercontrol about 18 months ago from another booking system. I love how the system can be completely integrated into my website to provide an easy and seamless way for guests to book. It has really freed up a lot of time I was spending on admin, enabling me to develop and grow my business in a way I wouldn't have been able to do before.
ConsHaven't found anything about it that I dislike yet! I use it on a daily basis with no problems or issues at all.

By SuperControl on August 3, 2018
Thanks for your review Rachel. Good to hear how you're getting on with SuperControl, I'll pass your comments on to the team!
August 1, 2018
Xenios T.
Rentals
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Excellent service / easy to use”

ProsOur calendars are synchronized with almost every portal meaning that there are no double bookings for our properties. This saves a lot admin work. It is easy to check for availability and pricing. You can use it easily enough from your phone as well.
ConsIt will be helpful if we had the possibility to have different payment schedules based on portal policies.

By SuperControl on July 16, 2018
Thank you for your review! It's great to hear how SuperControl is helping your business. I have passed your suggestion on to our Project Manager who will be in touch.
July 10, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 1001-5000 employees
November 25, 2018

“Supercontrol”

OverallOverall a very positive experience, especially with on-hand help from their support team
ProsEasy to use, and ideal for small to medium sizes business. On hand support team are also very very useful!
ConsReporting features not always great, and can outgrow the platform quite easily.
November 25, 2018
Mike M.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2018

“A waste of money and time”

ProsThe sales pitch and the way their own website is laid out. I was attracted to the fact that I would be able to use their booking engine on my website.
ConsThe time it took Supercontrol to get us online was 4 months No training - They send you a video They arrange training sessions which are once a fortnight and in which you cannot ask questions, just someone talking at you for 1 hour Our staff are fully computer literate and still struggled with this clunky piece of software Once online the software simply didn't function how it was supposed to We ended up with 7 reservations that we were unable to fulfill because the software didn't update our minimum stays on time Calendars can take up to 48 hours to update - So it was quicker manually The back end of the software is clunky and time-consuming Takes an eternity to set up with no back up at all - Unless of course your willing to pay more There is never anyone available to ask questions You send an email and get replies 2 days later
March 28, 2018