truDigital Signage Ratings

Overall

About truDigital Signage

We believe communicating the right message at the right time has the power to motivate, educate, and inspire. We help companies achieve this by providing a digital signage solution thats easy to use, packed with unique apps, and backed by unlimited support and expertise from a team of passionate and knowledgeable individuals. With pricing starting at $25/month and no contracts, its no wonder why companies large and small from every industry stick with us year after year. Schedule a demo today. Learn more about truDigital Signage

Aaron L.
50th Anniversary Graduate Assistant
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
June 4, 2018

“Our experience with TruDigital has been enjoyable, professional, and seamless.”

OverallThe benefits we received from this software were broad. We placed our system in a historical museum on our campus. This allowed us to showcase relevant content throughout the school year. When we knew certain groups would be on campus, we could feature content that would be relevant to them. Aside from sharing content we also used our system to spread awareness of events that were going on at the University. Lastly, our system provided us another medium to showcase the video productions that we created throughout the year. We showcase these videos at events and on social media, and our signage system provided us another unique way to showcase these projects that we are proud of. Overall the system has allowed us to produce and display timely and relevant content to a variety of audiences on our campus.
ProsTruDigital provides a great total package. We love the cloud-based management that allows users to update content from any computer either on site or virtually. Also, the personable nature of TruDigital stands out. Our sales rep has remained in contact with us well over a year after we purchased our system. She has been a great resource for questions and ideas throughout our process. Aside from our sales rep, the support staff is excellent. Whenever we email over an issue we receive a personalized detailed response with screenshots and instructions within the hour. Overall both quality of the system and the personal nature of TruDigital stand out as what we like best about the software.
ConsAt times it feels like the templates are somewhat limited. Having our system for over a year I would have liked to see more change and innovation in relation to the themes. They have changed some but I still believe there is room for improvement and creativity around developing new theme designs and features for consumers. Sometimes users do not know what they want, so you have to develop it for them. I would encourage TruDigital to consider innovative signage theme ideas that could improve the user experience even more.

By truDigital Signage on October 8, 2018
Hey Aaron! First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide a review and feedback for us. We greatly appreciate it. We're also thrilled to hear you've been enjoying your experience with truDigital. We really try to do all we can to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you. And thank you for bringing up room for improvement, we appreciate the feedback. We agree, new themes certainly add to the mix. Our development and design teams have been improving the rate at which new templates are created. So it's safe to say you'll be seeing more and more unique templates from here on out. We hope you enjoy them. Again, thank you for the review. Please let us know if you have any questions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
June 4, 2018
Bill G.
Associate Director of Procurement and Contracts
January 20, 2017

“Great solution for the price.”

OverallAfter trying to implement a MUCH more expensive server-based program that did not perform as advertised, our second round of research uncovered TruDigital. One of our prime directives was that the program needed to 100% web based/hosted and accessible to all our users via PC or Mac without any software install required. We have been amazingly happy with this service, and quickly and easily built a robust program for multiple users to display announcements to our students on three adjacent 75" screens in our dining commons. It is also used on a smaller screen in the back by our food service contractor for communicating with their employees. Creating and posting content is super easy. We can use our own slides created with Photoshop or Powerpoint, or use templates provided by TruDigital. We have displayed video "commercials" we've created. We used the video feature to create cool decor for our annual Christmas dinner....a video fireplace on the center screen, and snow (again, video) falling outside the "windows" on either side! The students also appreciate the AP news feeds and weather info that are TruDigtital templates. The technical support staff are terrific, and almost all issues are resolved in minutes via their chat feature (including adding users in seconds), but they'll also call you right away when the phone is going to work better. Another imperative for us that TruDigital provides is different users having different access to any combination of the content players we need them to have. We expect to expand the program to other parts of the campus in the coming year. If there is any downside at all, it would just be that I'd like to see some other options in the templates provided, but that hasn't slowed us down. If you'd like to talk to me about TruDigital, please feel free to contact me or just call them. They're fabulous human beings.
Recommendations to other buyersAll users with access to a particular content player have access to each other's stuff, but we solved that by developing a few simple internal protocols about file names identifying the user, only admins (2 of us) can delete stale content from the live players if the user misses it, and NO ONE can delete anyone's developed templates. It's working well in our environment.
January 20, 2017
Utilities, 51-200 employees
March 23, 2019

“Great Communication Tool for our Small Office”

OverallWe are totally satisfied with truDigital. It has served our small office needs completely. Would recommend to anyone.
ProsThe software is easy to use, and I like that it's cloud-based - I can update screens from home if I needed to. The hardware adapted well with our existing TV screens. Love how flexible the software is in integrating our own content, like presentation slides or spreadsheets. The thing that sold me on this product over others was the support. Prior to purchase, I was given an extensive demo and the opportunity to ask alot of questions. Every question I had was thoroughly answered. I cannot say the same for other products that I checked out. We've been using truDigital for about 2 years, and when we've needed support (which has only been a couple of times), they've been there with quick responses. We initially purchased 2 devices and content subscriptions. We have since added another.
ConsI wish there were a few more templates available for integrated content. We use the quotes template, but would love to see a template that shows nature photos from around the world. Or a Calm template that changes on a daily basis.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello! Thank you for your stellar review! We appreciate your comments and are thrilled to know truDigital has been able to serve the needs of your office. Regarding templates, we're working to add more integrations as soon as we can. We appreciate your insights and suggestions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
March 23, 2019
Jaron B.
Executive Assistant to the Provost
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“Overall Positive”

OverallOverall, I have experienced truDigital to be highly responsive and good problem solvers. I appreciate the product and its value and would recommend it to other institutions.
ProsTo its credit, truDigital allows multiple users to upload content to players/screens across the users' campus. The interface is clear and reasonably intuitive and allows our administrator to oversee content without having to personally post each item. It allows for a variety of different media, ranging from templates that will populate the players with breaking news stories and images, to templates that allow users to upload still images and videos. On the whole, I've been pleased with the product.
ConsA three things that drive me nuts: (1) I have not found a way to copy a template and its content from one player in our system to another, forcing me to rebuild each template for each player, (2) the player playlists allow you to automate when an item will start/stop playing, but does not automatically remove it from playlist itself, and (3) I wish there was a built in "monitor" where you could view what is playing on a player in realtime. Since I am in a different building from all of our players, the only way I can confirm that things posted correctly is to walk across campus and wait for my content to pop up.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Jaron, Thank you for your detailed review, we appreciate it! We're glad to hear you've been pleased with truDigital. We'd love to jump on a call and go over some of your feedback. For example, there is a way to copy templates from one player to another. There's also a way to preview the content being displayed on your screens. Contact support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to go over details. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Ron P.
Systems Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 4, 2019

“The good and the bad”

OverallWe have multiple offices all around the world and the deployment and setup in different countries is some what a chore. If an update is pushed it takes for ever sometimes. The price factor and size makes this a good option for certain company needs.
ProsThe cost is low for implementing a digital signage solution. The support and service has been very good.
ConsI have to have a person physically reboot or restart a device weekly. I am constantly having to monitor the status of these players on a daily basis as they tend to drop off the network. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to update the players when a new slide is pushed. At least once a day I get a call from someone notifying me that the device rebooted randomly and the device menu is showing sometimes up to 3 or more minutes.

By truDigital Signage on April 15, 2019
Hi Ron, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear you enjoy our support and service. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
April 4, 2019
Abby M.
VP/Marketing Officer
Banking, 201-500 employees

“TruDigital Review”

OverallI am so-so on the TruDigital product. Is there something else out there that would better serve our needs or be a bit easier to use/quicker-yes but currently we do not have the time to search for such software.
ProsI like the online portal as it is easily accessible no matter where I am working for the day. Also the fact that we can place an ad on our TVs within seconds (sometimes minutes).
ConsThe time it takes to upload new slides, navigate between players as we have 7-8 and most in different cities. Basically-anything we have to do via the website (which is nearly everything) is super slow, delayed, and quite frustrating.

By truDigital Signage on April 5, 2019
Hi Abby, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the remote access and the ability to add content to your screens quickly. If you have questions, would like additional training, or have additional feedback for us, please message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We're always happy to help. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Tim M.
IT Manager
February 16, 2016

“Good value, good product, great service”

OverallWe recently switched to TruDigital after being slightly burned by a different digital signage company. We manage several auto dealerships, a hotel and a restaurant, so finding a software platform that allows cross promotion between different locations, as well as different business types was important. After sitting through a live demo with Jake from the TruDigital sales team, I was able to make an educated decision. The demo was one on one, with no pressure, and was scheduled when it was convenient for my schedule. The required player hardware seems robust enough to handle just about anything I want to load it with, and was reasonably priced. The software is easy to navigate, and the templates that TruDigital has for use are simple enough to edit. Since everything is based on their website, I can make basic changes to playlists and images from any computer I happen to be near. I have even made a few tweaks from my smartphone. I am not a graphic artist by any stretch of the imagination, so when I am adding my own images for slide shows from PowerPoint, or a PDF, they can appear a little grainy in resolution on larger presentation screens. However, this only seems to occur when using a full screen slide presentation on a 60" screen. When a slide show is merged with one of TruDigitals 'corkboard' style templates, the images are very clear. I have had some issues with playing certain video streams from YouTube or MP4. On occasion, the player just simply won't play the video. I have reported this to the TruDigital customer service group, and they pointed me in the right direction of proper video conversion. Speaking of customer service...these guys are great. If you have an issue, they will work with you on getting it fixed. If you have a question, someone will get back to you promptly. If you forget how to change something on your play list, you can watch one of their many tutorials, or submit a help ticket, and they will get back to you quickly. Overall, I am very pleased to be working with TruDigital. They continue to roll out helpful new features, and slick new templates on a regular basis. I look forward to working with them in the future.
February 16, 2016
Accounting, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2019

“Great platform, however has some quirks”

OverallThese displays (both internally and externally) have been a great addition to our business. They've exponentially improved our communications. Given more time for upkeep, the cons would be far less significant, and even as is, they are manageable. TruDigital is one of the better options on the market!!
ProsAutomated News, countdowns, dashboards and more
Conssome of the 3rd party API providers are slow to fix their applications, and unless you are proactively checking to make sure everything is working properly on a daily basis, some apps and widgets could be malfunctioning and there is no notification of such, especially if relying on the dot status of the sync. Customer support is great to work with though!

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hello, Thank you for writing a review for us! It's great to hear we've been able to help you improve your communications. We appreciate the feedback as well. We certainly want to make sure your experience is the best it can be. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Stephen S.
Operations
Railroad Manufacture, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“6 Month truDigital Review”

ProsThe hardware has been very easy to setup and maintain and has worked on a variety of screen manufacturers. Any requests in to customer service have been handled pretty quickly. We only use limited "live feeds" to display social media etc. but what we do use works well.
ConsSoftware can be cumbersome to manage multiple content on multiple playlists (screens). Some of this is to do with the organization of the file manager and playlists and some is because of the way templates are created. We display a lot of jpg information and all the formatting has to be done before upload. There is no in-system facilities to size or crop for example. Playlist slides can be difficult if you have many similar because the slideshow thumbnails in the playlist are all generic for example.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Stephen, We most certainly appreciate your review. We're glad customer service has been able to handle your questions quickly. Thank you for your feedback; we're always looking to improve. If you have any questions for us, feel free to reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Larry I.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 31, 2018

“Top shelf all the way; software and hardware are easy and efficient and customer service excellent.”

OverallIt isn't just software... the "software" helps me to monitor my screens 24/7 which is my primary reason for switching from another provider. The "hardware" seems to be very solid and easy to work with.
ProsI've used other systems that are cumbersome and anything but intuitive. truDigital dashboard is easy to understand and I was up and running in minutes. I have complete control over all my screens and the content, including 24/7 monitoring; which is truly pivotal in my business. All the features I could possibly need are included with the base price. Keep in mind, it isn't just about the software. The hardware to make all of this work is virtually bulletproof. Other systems I've used are complicated and almost impossible to work with. The truDigital box came with a remote controller so there's no need to attach a mouse or keyboard to do set-up or maintenance. I need a solution that is reliable, intuitive, and worry free. truDigital has it all in one bag at a price I can afford.
ConsIf you're asking me to throw a stone at anything, my only reservation is the "transitions" between videos within a single template don't exist. I can use a variation of transitions from one template to another which is great. But video to video or slide to slide within a single template doesn't exist. To achieve transitions, each video or slide has to be loaded into an independent template; thus making the entire process more tedious to achieve.
January 31, 2018
Matt E.
Director of Creative Design and Marketing
Veterinary, 501-1000 employees
March 25, 2019

“A great solution for in store signage!”

OverallWe have deployed 20 truDigital units to 20 different locations spread across the US. We are able to update our marketing messages on these screens almost instantly.
ProsThe software is super easy to use once you understand all of the functionality. Being able to deploy a playlist to multiple units at the same time is a huge plus. Also being able to instantly see the status of each player really helps us as our units are located across the US from coast to coast.
ConsUpdating playlists can be a little tricky at times. Supplied templates don't have the best design options and they aren't very customizable.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hi Matt, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you're able to easily display your marketing messages across the US. Regarding our templates, we have our design department working on creating more templates to choose from, so stay tuned. If you have any questions in the future, feel free to contact us at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Shane V.
IT Guy
Insurance, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2017

“Does exactly what we want”

OverallThe setup was painless; the day-to-day use is easy. Our receptionist started off insisting she wasn't going to be responsible for the lobby TV. Once we showed her how easy it was, though, she took right to it and doesn't ever have a problem. The only issue we've had has been when the power blinks. The little TruDigital unit is velcroed behind the TV, so when the power blinks, someone has to walk over there and hit the power button. Even a small built-in battery to keep the unit up for a minute would save that grief. Since the remote is IR and requires line of sight, you have to walk over to the wall to point the remote behind the TV, but we almost never need to use the remote for anything. So an RF remote might be a good addition, but really not necessary. It's very flexible, has lots of handy built-in content, and works seamlessly with our custom content. It even makes our FaceBook presence look good.
ProsEase of use and custom content
ConsNo internal battery for power blinks.
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure to mount the box in such a way that you can reach the power button. I recommend velcro so you can pull the unit out on the off chance you need to.
January 25, 2017
Deb P.
Sr. Exec Assistant
Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1000 employees

“Many Benefits”

OverallThe support team is very quick to help, I can always reach someone. It's really nice that I can manage multiple locations from one website. The user interface is a little bit clunky but that may be because I haven't taken the time to really get to know it.
ProsI like that I can access multiple locations and change their playlist with easy start and stop times.
ConsThe preview doesn't always show up, when working with templates they often stall and have limits to changes. Moving from playlist, to

By truDigital Signage on April 5, 2019
Hi Deb, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're certainly glad to hear from you. If you have any questions or would like additional training, we'd be more than happy to help. Feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Rinda P.
Asst GM
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

“Satisfied ”

OverallOverall I've really enjoyed the experience with TruDigital Signage. Their customer service is quick and efficient for most things I've had to bring to them, and they are always friendly! The product provides our company with exactly what we need it to and we are very grateful for our service.
ProsThe ability to share content across location utilizing one program.
ConsIt has a lot of glitches, and will randomly slow down/stop working properly at times.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hi Rinda! Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear you've enjoyed your experience with truDigital. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We want to make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible for you. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Donna D.
Executive Director of Technology
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“Works well once you learn the software”

OverallWe are a boarding school and getting announcements out is helpful Posting schedules Parent's weekend announcements Admissions visitors like to see their names
ProsThere are a number of templates that make it easy to post Customer support is excellent Once learned work pretty well holiday templates are good
ConsGoogle integration is troublesome Needs more how-tos The learning curve is a bit high Utilizing the templates are not intuitive

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Donna, Thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your time. We're glad to hear you've been enjoying the various templates available. In regards to the Google Integration, feel free to contact support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to go over details. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Anthony D.
Athletic Director
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“Great Application for Digital Signage!”

OverallI have had a great experience thus far, customer service has been great from day 1. I had a software issue with one of my players and they swapped it out with a new one is a couple of days.
ProsIf you are proficient at using powerpoint, you can make really nice slides. Also, it integrates very nicely with google docs, sheets, and slides. Great variety of templates to use as well.
ConsThe only thing I would suggest is for the program to display the slides scheduled, only for the time they are scheduled. I had 5 slides of 10 seconds each scheduled in the system but for different days (one slide for each day), so it should have displayed whatever slide was scheduled for that day for 10 seconds per cycle, but did so for 50 seconds. There is no setting to stop that from happening.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hello Anthony, We're so glad to hear you've been having a great experience with truDigital! Thank you for leaving a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, you can email us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Rosemary M.
Librarian
Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2019

“Platform for Creativity and Functionality”

OverallIncorporating TruDigital throughout the building has worked in helping to direct patrons and answer their questions. Once the playlists are organized and the basics of how the templates work are learned, it is easy to start creating and thinking outside of the box to customize templates to your needs.
ProsThe integrations are useful. We have enough options to display the information we need to share, and we can do it in creative ways. I use "Full Screen Slideshow" the most because I can design my images and then just insert them as slides. I'm looking forward to playing with the "Full Screen Video". It's great that the full 1080 p functionality can be utilized. The help chat is an excellent feature. I always get the answers I need in a short time.
ConsSome of the templates don't exactly work for what we need. For example, anything that uses an RSS feed either doesn't display enough characters to be useful, or scrolls too fast. The calendar integration has a learning curve since it has to be written in xml. We use it to show events in the room that the tv is in front of. For the larger monitors, we would like to show events throughout the building, but there is no space for the room name to be displayed. On some templates there is a spot for a logo, but it is too small and can't be customized. Overall, it's the little details that often don't work for us.

By truDigital Signage on April 15, 2019
Hello Rosemary, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It's great to know that you enjoy the integrations, the ¿Full Screen Slideshow¿, and our help chat. We also greatly appreciate your feedback. We want to do everything possible to make sure every detail suits your needs. Please let us know if you have any further questions. We'd be more than happy to help. Thank you again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
April 10, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
March 29, 2019

“truDigital is truLy awesome!”

ProsThe customer service rep we used during the selection process was a phenomenal communicator and also trained us on the product. When we onboard new employees to the marketing team and they need a crash course on usage, they are always accommodating and responsive. Set-up is extremely fast and simple.
ConsSome of the modules could use a little modernization but I would call on third parties to catch up to how the tool is used.

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hello, Thank you for your awesome review! We're so glad to know you're enjoying your experience with truDigital. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Jimmie E.
Safety Coordinator
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Product”

OverallI use the truDigital Signage on a daily basis to inform employees of upcoming events, birthdays, work anniversaries and safety information in a common area in our office. Everyone now has the ability to get updates in a centralized location without having to hunt someone down to ask a question. We scroll reminders across the screen to keep employees informed. It is a great product and I am very pleased with the sales and support staff. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for digital signage. It is well worth the investment.
ProsI love the ability to be able to schedule slides to play on different dates and times.
ConsThere is not a template that fits every situation that I would like to broadcast. I would love the ability to create custom templates of my own.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Jimmie, Thank you for your detailed review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the scheduling feature. Having custom templates made for you is something we can make happen. Feel free to reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 to discuss details. Thanks again for your review, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Bill G.
Associate Director of Procurement and Contracts
October 24, 2018

“GREAT system for digital announcement screens.”

OverallThis system has perfectly met our need for multiple users to post announcements on screens on our campus.
ProsVery easy to use and versatile for the very reasonable price. Most importantly, all cloud based and can be accessed by PC and Mac in our organization. We looked at several systems (and even bought and canceled one) before choosing TruDigital. Sadly, this review would not let me give them TEN stars for customer service. I highly recommend them!
ConsCan run a little slow if you clog it up with too much content or files. I'd like to see them expand our capability in that way a little bit.
October 24, 2018
Lucho T.
IT Help Desk Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 22, 2019

“TruDigital Great Digital Signage Option”

OverallWe use TruDigital for Help Desk Sinage in three different locations. Its great and easy to use. Customer support has always been 100%
ProsCustomer support has always been great and very quick to reply with a solution.
ConsWhen your managing your playlist theres no thumbnail image of that slide. You have to click on preview to see whats on the specific slide. I have summited a feature request (my First), lets see if they add it to the next version.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Lucho, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you've had a great experience with our support team. Thank you for your feedback and for your feature request; we're always striving to improve. Feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 if you have any questions. Thanks again for your thoughts, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Adam L.
Director of Communications
Food Production, 201-500 employees
March 22, 2019

“Digital Signage at its Best!”

OverallI am 100% satisfied with my overall experience with truDigital.
ProstruDigital has an easy to use dashboard to help you create, publish and schedule all of your messages, no matter the application.
ConsThere is very little negative to say about truDigital. There are rarely glitches in the system but when there is the truDigital team communicates quickly and effectively with me and they resolve the issue faster than I would expect.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Adam, Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're thrilled to know you're 100% satisfied with truDigital. You just made our day! Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Aleesa B.
Activities Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 2, 2019

“User friendly and useful”

OverallWe use this to advertise our activities each day. I like how I can have each new day and set it up ahead of time. It is also very versatile in advertising special events.
ProsIt is user friendly. They have multiple templates to keep it interesting. They are always coming up with new things.
ConsSometimes the boxes act up and lose connection.

By truDigital Signage on April 5, 2019
Hi Aleesa, Thanks for writing a review! We're happy to know you're enjoying the templates. If you have any questions, you can reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
David G.
Network Administrator
Government Administration, 51-200 employees

“Digital Signage”

OverallWe were looking for a way to replace existing led sign boards. When we found TruDigital, they sent us out a sales rep in a matter of days. Implementation was easy. The daily updates can be done by anyone with little to no computer experience. We've really improved our employee communications. We have different displays, each having different announcements.
ProsEase of use, web dashboard, and the customer service is on point.
ConsLoses contact occasionally. Have to reset manually at each box.

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hello David, Thanks for making our day with your awesome review! We're happy to hear we've been able to help you improve employee communications. If you ever have questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
katelyn d.
Writer/Editor
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 3, 2019

“Fun tool that provides many templates but customization for templates can be limited”

OverallI use this tool to convey information to staff at a software engineering company. It's a fun addition to the company. Overall, truDigital is a great tool for a creative purpose. There are a lot of features to get you started but there is a need for software improvement and design update.
ProsThere are many templates available so if you don't want to create any of your own, you don't have to. There are extra features available such as weather and traffic. You can choose the length of time that each slide is to appear in the slideshow. It also has a calendar function so you can choose when the slide is to begin appearing and stop appearing. You can preview slides and the slideshow without having to verify their appearance on the presentation monitor. If you want, you can create your own content and import it as images to use. You can create folders to organize slides.
ConsIn the beginning of using the program, it was not intuitive. I've learned to use it overtime but it was definitely frustrating to figure out at first. The connection is really slow and content loads slowly - unlike any other site I use. Some of the styles on the templates are outdated. You can't customize the size of the text or picture boxes which leaves a lot of unused space. Because of those reasons, I'm not a huge fan of their templates and often make my own in PowerPoint and import them. I don't like that you can't see the font type or color before implementing it.

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hi Katelyn, We greatly appreciate your detailed review! We're glad to hear we've been able to help you convey information to staff members. We're grateful for the feedback; we're always working to improve. If you have any questions or would like any additional training, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We want to ensure you have the best digital signage experience possible. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Stan L.
Nekter franchise owner
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

“Excellent ”

OverallExcellent customer service has been the experience and excellent software
ProsWhen reveive a feed at our Nekter Juice Bar location and the content looks very clear.
ConsOur biggest con is that we would like to use a lot more of the options but our franchiser won't allow it. I feel like we're driving a Ferrari around the block in 1st gear using this great software. We know it can do a lot more than what we're allowed so we're fristrated end users.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hello Stan, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you¿ve been enjoying truDigital. We wish your franchise all the best! Feel free to contact us if you ever have questions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Matt L.
Facilities Manager
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

“Good for Beginners”

OverallIt's good to display basic info but it doesn't like having a large message displayed.
ProsBasic and simple to use. Good for smaller & simpler playlists.
ConsSometimes difficult with working with videos in playlists. Transitions are pixelated and not smooth.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hi Matt, Thank you for leaving us a review. We want to make sure you're always getting the most out of your digital signage. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Man
Jana W.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“God Technolog”

OverallIt's a great greeting to our customers at the front door
ProsI like that I can login online to update our directory monitor and upload pictures, pdf's, etc.
ConsSeems to go down on a regular basis and have to reset the system

By truDigital Signage on April 5, 2019
Hi Jana, Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad we're able to help you greet your customers. If you ever have questions for us, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We'd be more than happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Kyle T.
Manager, Corporate Communications
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
March 22, 2019

“Tough to beat from a usability perspective”

OverallFrom a support perspective, they get an 8 -- it'd be a 10 if they offered 24/7 support. That might not matter if you're a US-based company, but it's a big deal if you're an international one. As far as day-to-day use, it's very low maintenance.
ProsIt's very easy to use and intuitive. Training others to perform basic tasks can be done in under 10 minutes.
ConsIt's a little restricted in terms of third party content, such as streaming news.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hi Kyle, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and feedback. If you have any questions or would like us to train others for you, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com and we¿d be happy to help. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees
April 9, 2019

“Digital Content Management from Anywhere”

OverallOverall, truDigital allows my company to communicate and engage with our employee base with a variety of media.
ProsI like the ability to manage screens individually or simultaneously. Also, I appreciate the availability and assistance of tech support in setting up custom features and creating a central content library.
ConsMy con isn't about the software, but sometimes the players that load up content to digital screens require manually rebooting (which can be difficult if they're spread out across multiple states).

By truDigital Signage on April 15, 2019
Hello, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear we're able to help your company better communicate and engage with your employees. If you ever have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be more than happy to help. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Anthony A.
Automotive, 501-1000 employees

“Good product”

OverallWhat TruDigital has to offer is nice and works well in our enviornment. Would like to see an enhancement in its Web5 features, but overall, meets expectations.
ProsCustomer service is punctual, helpful and can usually resolve thngs in the same chat.
ConsEarly on had to rebbot often. Slides took hours to update. Sometime hard to get hold of sales rep.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hello Anthony! We certainly appreciate your review. We¿re happy to hear truDigital has been meeting your expectations. If there's anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to contact us at 801-852-9898. We want to make sure you're having the best digital signage experience possible. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Kim V.
DHR
Printing, 201-500 employees

“Communication”

OverallExcellent transition from regular to electronic boards - sales team was terrific Never have any problems with billing - problems are resolved easily
Prosit is easy to communicate important items to my employees , including sharing new products in both photos and videos.
Conspre done content is not always well formatted - sometime the repetitive nature o f our messages makes it boring

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hello Kim, We're so happy to hear you enjoy using truDigital to communicate important items with employees. Thanks for leaving a review. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Theresa K.
Communications Specialist
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 22, 2019

“TruDigital for Church TVs”

OverallIt has been great, and now that we are going multi-campus, it is simple for me to change the TV screens at all of the campuses each week all from one location, even home if I am sick or working from home that day. It was very intuitive to learn and quick & easy to pick up. I've loved it!
ProsThe ease of changing graphics, and how I can do it remotely as well.
ConsA couple times (like 2 over the last few years) the players didn't upload the new content, even though it seemed to have worked when I did it. I really think this was an issue with our internet connection though, not the program itself. A quick reboot, fixed the issue.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hi Theresa, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to know you enjoy using truDigital. If you ever have questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Kimberly L.
TCA
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
April 6, 2019

“Customer Service”

ProsI like that there are training videos to explore and watch. The help desk technicians are extremely friendly, helpful and patient.
ConsI have deleted items from the playlist and they still turn up. I had to do an update and it took as 43 min to get it all figured out.

By truDigital Signage on April 15, 2019
Hello Kimberly, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad you've enjoyed the training videos. If you have any questions or would like additional training, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We'd be more than happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
April 6, 2019
kathleen a.
Exec Assistant
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“Great software!!”

Overallthis signage has become to popular with employees that I now get slide updates daily as employees now rely on signage for company and work updates.
ProsLove the software and once I called support a few times, I can now do things easily. They are always so patient and very attentive
ConsSometimes it can be slow but found that it is user error not software

By truDigital Signage on April 5, 2019
Hello Kathleen, Thanks for your amazing review! We're so happy to hear you're having a great experience with truDigital. If you have any questions for us, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Stephen T.
Automotive, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2016

“Excellent Customer Service! Great Product!”

OverallEveryone that walks in to our dispatch office is intrigued and impressed by our digital menu board. It adds a professional appearance with an unlimited amount of potential uses. We communicate important information within the company, like policy and procedural changes, current goals and metrics. It's a tool that we use daily. There are a ton of applications for this menu board, we only use a small percentage of what it's capable of. The only issue I had was a connectivity issue when I changed our router. It was immediately resolved with excellent customer service. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
ProsLimitless applications, professional appearance, and great customer experience.
December 12, 2016
Jonathan B.
Assistant IT Manager
Food Production, 1001-5000 employees

“Easy to Use”

OverallWe are using this to communicate everything from production information to general HR information to our employee's.
ProsWe love that it is easy for the normal user to be able to manage the content it takes content management off of the the IT dept.
ConsCost a better discount for multiple devices.

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hello Jonathan, Thank you for your amazing review! We're thrilled to know you're enjoying your experience with truDigital. If you ever have questions for us, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“6 Displays over 5 Locations ”

OverallIt is a nice way to display dynamic content with ease of updating daily. Have one spot to manage multiple locations is a bonus too.
ProsI like that I can manage multiple displays from one location.
ConsSometimes the run timer and the length of content don't adjust when adding or subtracting slides. This makes the playlist cut short or loop to an odd spot before moving to the next playlist. I've had to go back and manually adjust the playlist time on some of them and then others update automatically.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hello, Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you like displaying dynamic content with truDigital. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Marci F.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2019

“Great customer support”

OverallWe love that our customers and potential customers learn more about us when the visit our office. truDigital has great looking templates and images that helped us get started.
ProsThe user-friendly website and design were very appealing.
ConsThere is no option for music to accompany the digital display. I was told this is due to licensing issues for using licensed songs. We run our own music on a separate speaker, so we have made it work for us.

By truDigital Signage on April 2, 2019
Hi Marci, Thank you for your stellar review!! We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you've been enjoying your truDigital experience. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
March 30, 2019
Ian L.
Marketing Assistant
Construction, 11-50 employees
April 9, 2019

“It gets the job done, I guess.”

OverallIt's a budget service for digital signage, so expect budget performance. That said, much of it comes down to "you get out what you put in" with it. If you have a good team that keeps tabs on the software and puts together good content for it, truDigital should be enough for your business, as long as you don't care too much about live-updated content from third-party sites and social. Though we've experienced issues with the software itself, the customer service team is great.
ProsStraightforward interface that doesn't take long to learn. Price point is significantly lower than other services. Customer service team is very responsive and helpful. They seem to keep close tabs on the status of the software and devices so they are rarely surprised when there is an issue. When I contact them about something they often seem to be already on the problem, which is certainly admirable.
ConsIt's very, very slow. Even switching out one slide can take up to five minutes because the web app that controls the devices loads so slowly, even on high-speed internet. Service also struggles to work with third-parties (though I understand this is more-or-less across the board right now, regardless of software). In the 18 months or so that we've had the devices we've experienced fairly frequent connection and update issues, even when connected directly to the internet via cable.

By truDigital Signage on April 15, 2019
Hello Ian, Thank you for your detailed review. We're glad to hear you've enjoyed timely and helpful responses from our customer service team. We certainly want to make sure you have the best digital signage experience possible. If you have any questions for us, feel free to let us know. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Roxanne S.
Tour Center Coordinator
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
April 3, 2019

“Great RE Promotional Tool”

OverallIt's been a good application for our Home communities.
ProsExtremely user friendly. It's used in our Tour Center and Model Homes to promote lot releases, incentives and lifestyle community events.
ConsDifficult to upload videos - limited in size

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hi Roxanne, Thank you for your amazing review! We're glad you're enjoying using truDigital for promotions and events. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
J. Allen W.
Director of Creative Services & Graphic Design
Education Management, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 3, 2019

“truDigital Signage is Great, but didn't meet our needs. ”

OverallOverall, it was a good experience. However, the end resulted in us using a different company only due to the demographic of people we have that would be using the software. Our younger users had no issue, the older users - those who would be using it the most - had some challenges.
ProsI like the intuitive design and structure of the dashboard. It really worked well and was easy to explain to additional users.
ConsThe learning curve of actually USING the dashboard is what was a big hangup for a lot of our older admins that would be using the software.

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hello J. Allen, Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad you enjoyed the intuitive design of the dashboard. We would love to make things right for you and are happy to provide additional training. Feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
March 29, 2019

“Easy to use communication tool”

OverallThe system is very user friendly. I like that I can design the visuals or use stock images. We typically have generic information posted (local weather, contact information, and site-specific communications) but it's very easy to update and maintain. Our associates appreciate simplicity of the communication. TruDigital enables us to communicate a wide variety of information across multiple shifts, and ensure it is consistent so everyone receives the same message.
ProsIt is very easy to use and maintain the program. I especially like how easy it is to change the graphics.
ConsSometimes it can take longer than anticipated for the system to refresh after it's been updated.

By truDigital Signage on April 2, 2019
Hello, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to know we're helping you communicate effectively with your associates. If you ever have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Kaylee G.
Administrative Assistant
Hospitality, 51-200 employees

“Pretty Decent Product”

OverallIt has been really up and down, but positive overall. Our members here seem to enjoy the digital screen more than our cork board that we replaced.
ProsI really love that there are automatic updates and how many templates are offered.
ConsI find that the program is not able to be as customized as I would like. There are patterns on most of the templates that you cannot get rid of and it really clutters the template. I didn't like the limited font options or the face that you can only change the style of a text for a whole box rather than one portion within a box. And in order to upload a file of your own, you have to upload it to a slideshow for that the be what displays on the screen instead of just being able to input your file onto the playlist directly.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hello Kaylee, Thank you for your input and feedback. We're glad to hear you love the automatic updates and the variety of templates. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Joseph M.
Partner
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
June 22, 2016

“Interspec Media Review”

OverallWe first reached out to TruDigital during the research phase of our business and were very surprised by the level of service and customization we received. Cameron in particular has given us the one on one attention we couldn't find anywhere else. He was responsible for figuring out the proper path (API) for our integration with your software and kept us up to date every step of the way. Every time we reach out Cameron gets back to us in a prompt manner, and is always patient and helpful. We're more than happy with the service and product your company provides.
ProsCustomization, ease of use, cost.
ConsSometimes it can be finicky about what it wants to be compatible with.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend further integration with companies such as Quividi, who provide metrics on traffic for digital signage.
June 22, 2016
Stephen W.
Operations/Maintenance Supervisor
Warehousing, 11-50 employees

“TruDigital”

OverallTruDigital gets information to my employees quickly.
ProsThe ease of use and the ability to change the message on the e-screens in just a few minutes.
ConsHaving to enter each screens information separately.

By truDigital Signage on April 8, 2019
Hi Stephen, Thanks for your stellar review! It's great to hear we're able to help you get information to your employees quickly. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Ronda P.
DOE
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Information monitor ”

OverallGood. When ever there is an issue customer service is very helpful and get back to you in a timely manner.
ProsEasy to use and anyone can use it. I would recommend it
ConsTrying to modify size of pictures to not distorted.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hi Ronda, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear you'd recommend truDigital. In regards to modifying the sizes of pictures, feel free to give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to walk you through best practices for file sizes. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Nathan U.
Unit Controller
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees
March 29, 2019

“Review for Westmont College Dining Commons ”

OverallWe are using truDigital for menu & announcement screens throughout our dining program at Westmont College run by Sodexo. Great devices and hardware & great support!
ProsEase of use and cost make this software a great value!
ConsIntegration with programs that don't have additional license fees could improve

By truDigital Signage on April 2, 2019
Hi Nathan, We greatly appreciate your review, so thanks for taking the time! We're also happy to know you're getting great value from truDigital. We're continually working on adding new integrations, so stay tuned. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Karen J.
HR Assistant
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
March 22, 2019

“After a year we know what works and doesn't!”

OverallAfter a year of usuage we know that our employees are very interested in seeing new / more content. We are working hard to keep it fresh and current as well as informative and fun. We have fully utulized the basic templates and are now considering upgrading our account to gain access to more templates / apps.
ProsVery easy to use and can make immediate changes. Love the use of standard slides on weather, time, etc. The templates are easy to use but are very basic.
ConsWould like to be able to get notifications on locations that are not connected or receiving updates.

By truDigital Signage on March 28, 2019
Hi Karen, Thanks for your review! We're glad to know the templates are easy to use. There is a functionality to get notified on any locations that aren't connected to the internet. Please contact support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 for details. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager
Toni J.
Library Manager - Support Services
Libraries, 11-50 employees
March 22, 2019

“Tru Digital in our Library”

OverallOur overall experience has been excellent and I would feel happy to recommend truDigital to any business, public government agency, or any other individual seeking digital signage.
ProsWe implemented truDigital in the Public Library where I work in the past two months. There are many excellent comments to make about truDigital: the software is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate even for a novice user; the customer service is excellent because someone is always there to answer a phone call or available through the online chat; the price points for the players fit into our lean public library budget.
ConsWe would like to see more templates that offer the date/time on the display.

By truDigital Signage on March 29, 2019
Hi Toni, Thank you for your amazing review! We really appreciate your comments and feedback. We're so happy to hear you've been enjoying your experience with truDigital. Feel free to let us know if you ever have questions. Much appreciated, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager