Buddy Punch Ratings

Overall

About Buddy Punch

Punching in & out is intuitive for your employees & easy for you to view & export time. Employees can clock in using a browser or our Google, iOS, & Android apps. You can view who's working, their GPS position or even limit where they can punch. We integrate with QuickBooks, ADP, Paychex, & SurePayroll while also offering Excel exports. Advanced features such as PTO Accrual Tracking, Punch Rounding, Job Codes, QR Codes, Automatic Breaks, & SSO are all included in our cloud based time clock. Learn more about Buddy Punch

Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2019

“Great time keeping app”

OverallGreat app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.
ProsI am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.
ConsThe only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

By Buddy Punch on January 24, 2019
Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!
January 23, 2019
Tara L.
Practice Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2019

“Great Product!”

OverallBuddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!
ProsThe software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.
ConsI appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

By Buddy Punch on October 10, 2019
Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!
October 9, 2019
Xenia H.
Business Administrator
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2017

“Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!”

OverallEase of use for employees and administrator alike
ProsI love many things about this software! 1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part. 2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them in a single pay period. With BuddyPunch, it's super easy to get employees to take responsibility for their own errors and edits. 3) This program is available even when our electricity goes out or our server goes down. And it doesn't take up any space on our server. The other time clock software we used to use was always a challenge for our IT experts to reload when they were doing updates due to the amount of space it took up on our server and because it wasn't updated to current technology standards available today. Employees are even able to clock in when they're outside the office doing work. 4) I like that employee messages and their times show up in the same report.
ConsThe time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

By Buddy Punch on August 7, 2017
Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!
August 7, 2017
Josh W.
Board Operator
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2019

“Good Product”

ProsIt has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.
ConsI don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

By Buddy Punch on August 9, 2019
Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!
August 8, 2019
Susan I.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
June 10, 2019

“Excellent Customer Service”

OverallWhenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!
ProsI like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!
ConsI find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time. The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.) Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

By Buddy Punch on June 11, 2019
Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!
June 10, 2019
Kate B.
HR Staff
November 20, 2017

“Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised”

ProsThe Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure. We have had very few issues, but have always received immediate resolutions when anything has come up. The software is straightforward and well-run, and was easily understood by our team of 55+ non-technical staff of all ages. I appreciate that new releases are well-tested before they are launched and free of bugs - the BuddyPunch team does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the application while continuing to add more value to the software frequently. We have had consistent experiences on the web version as well as iOS and Android apps for the life of our subscription.
ConsI would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

By Buddy Punch on November 21, 2017
Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!
November 20, 2017
Stephenie W.
Project Assistant
October 30, 2017

“Works the way it is advertised. Learning curve was minimal.”

OverallThis software is a great alternative to paper records, especially for a small company that has hourly employees. I have no idea how easy/hard setting up accounts is, but for me--a regular employee--it works wonderfully. If I knew someone starting their own business, or someone who has their own business, I would recommend this product.
ProsWhen I made user errors (like forgetting to clock out) the software had built in measures to rectify my mistake. I forgot to punch out, and it has a feature to leave notes for your boss. You can also edit a punch after you make a mistake (just needs to be approved by your boss) So if you get excited and start working before you clock in? No problem. Just punch in and edit the time to an earlier time of the day. Then wait for your boss to approve the changes. It says I can review punches from previous weeks, but I haven't had time to explore that feature yet.
ConsI didn't devote a lot of time to explore the software, so it took a full work week to figure out what it had to offer beyond punching in and out. Software seems great! I've only been using it for two weeks. I don't have complaints about the software. Any issues I faced were from a lack of understanding how it functioned, and I was able to figure it out on my own (for example: I forgot to punch out, and the next morning when I saw the error it showed me punching in and out at what seemed to be random times during the night) Biggest complaint: the company sent me emails asking me to review the product the very first day I used it, and I personally think people need a few days--up to a week--to familiarize themselves with the software (at least enough to write a review)

By Buddy Punch on October 31, 2017
Thank you Stephanie for the great review, I'm glad your'e finding us easy to use and that you're finding our built in features to be helpful, such as forgetting to clock in or out. Also, sorry for asking for a review so fast! I appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again for the review and for your recommendation.
Telesa K.
Administrative Assistant/HR&Payroll
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
March 11, 2019

“Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER”

OverallIt has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.
ProsThe software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.
ConsAlthough they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

By Buddy Punch on March 14, 2019
Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.
March 11, 2019
Mike L.
Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2016

“How good is buddypunch?”

OverallTurns out its preetttyyy gooood. Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs. Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button. They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time. Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site. There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.
ProsGood design Easy to use Intuitive Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.
ConsPeople can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

By Buddy Punch on September 12, 2016
Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.
September 9, 2016
Brittany W.
Reception and Administration
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“Best system for business owners.”

OverallI like the ease of having the app on my phone considering I don't always go directly into the office first before I start working.
ProsThe thing I like most about the software is the geographical location requirement. Every time you punch in/out it shows your employer your location. Making time clock fraud one less worry as a business owner and the employee more responsible about time maintenance because you cannot get paid if you are not physically at work.
ConsBecause of the added security of the geographical location, I do not like that it prompts me to also take my picture as I clock in/out. I don't feel comfortable with a third party technology company not only knowing my location but also what I look like and am wearing at that moment. For employers, understood, we know each other personally and professionally. But there are hackers in the world so my face and location shouldn't be necessary.

By Buddy Punch on October 1, 2018
Thanks for the review Brittany, it is great to hear you're finding us easy to use. It sounds like you're using our GPS and webcam image options. The webcam image feature is enabled/disabled by the administrator of the account, so it is an optional feature. The administrator can make it required on a per employee basis. Thanks again for the review!
Domanic G.
Assistant Office Administrator
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
October 8, 2019

“Buddy Punch Review”

OverallBuddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.
ProsI like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.
ConsInstead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

By Buddy Punch on October 10, 2019
Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.
October 8, 2019
Rafael E.
Accountant
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Payroll Time Savior”

OverallAfter using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.
ProsUpdate timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.
ConsNone

By Buddy Punch on August 8, 2016
Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
October 8, 2018

“Great time collection option”

ProsI was looking for a time collection option for our temporary employee staff. We have anywhere from 15 to 30 temporary employees on staff from different agencies on a weekly basis. It was a chore to have paper time tickets from multiple agencies and making sure the hours were approved by the supervisor was difficult as well. Buddy punch allows all Temp employees to punch in on one clock and it takes their picture so I can verify it was them. We have an IPad set up for this purpose only. At the end of the week I can easily run a report by staffing agency and send the reports to them so the temporary employee can be paid.
ConsIn the beginning we had issues with the IPad not not running the app correctly. I am not sure if the issues were on our end or if they were with Buddy Punch but we had to reload the program once a week it seems for the first couple of months. I am happy to say things are working much smoother now and I rarely need to reboot the IPad.

By Buddy Punch on October 10, 2018
Thank you for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding our reporting options easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our webcam feature, which you can setup to require a photo of an employee on punches. Also good to hear that any issues with your iPad have been resolved. Thanks again!
October 8, 2018
James C.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
March 2, 2019

“Happy customer”

OverallMany of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing. Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!
ProsOur employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.
ConsI can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

By Buddy Punch on March 8, 2019
Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.
March 2, 2019
Ashley G.
Corporate Accountant
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
October 5, 2018

“Easy Enough”

OverallI like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.
ProsWhat I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.
ConsI dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

By Buddy Punch on October 9, 2018
Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.
October 5, 2018
Jeana W.
Admin
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 26, 2019

“They thought of everything!”

OverallEmployee location at time of shift start.
ProsVery inclusive of everything admin needs to address different scenarios "in the field". Mutiple customer reps were available via "Chat" to help with set up and answer questions. Rep was very knowledgeable and helped me with every single question and scenario I had trouble with. Now I am familiar with the site and can easily use all its functions. Using Buddy Punch has been fabulous thus far.
ConsAt first, I didnt like that there was not any phone support for customer service. But as it turns out, the questions were answered fine "in the chat". It just took a little longer than it would have on the phone.

By Buddy Punch on July 1, 2019
Thank you for the review Jeana, it is great to hear that we've been fabulous so far! We appreciate your business.
June 26, 2019
Solomon C.
Optometrist
October 9, 2017

“I use Buddy Punch for my small office with 5-10 employees. The value and functionality are great!”

ProsI can customize its features in a way that work for my situation! My employees can clock in and out from the free app on their phones, and I can limit that ability by ip address and location of timecard punch. I also like that it is so easy to review original punched, and to accept or decline requested modifications if employees have erred or forgotten to clock in or out.
ConsI wish I had and used cameras for Punch in and Punch out. I don't know how possible this is, or if it's a feature already available, but I wish it would send a notification alert to my employees every time it connects to or loses my workplace wifi.... Or better yet, if it could report the wifi /IP address find and loss times, directly to me -the employer - this way I could approximate, objectively, how accurate my employees are at clock in and clock out.

By Buddy Punch on October 11, 2017
Thank you Solomon for the review! I'm glad that you and your employees are using our mobile apps and our IP Lock feature. We offer the full punch history if any changes are requested, as you pointed out. Also thank you for the feature suggestion, we do not have a way to notify users when they lose wifi but I will add this to our request list. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!
Jessica K.
Human Resources Officer
April 27, 2016

“AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!”

OverallBuddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize. As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency. A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations. Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?" The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

By Buddy Punch on April 29, 2016
Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!
April 27, 2016
Lindsey B.
Executive Assistant
Public Safety, 51-200 employees
March 25, 2019

“L. Bruce”

OverallMy employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.
ProsI like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.
ConsMy least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

By Buddy Punch on March 26, 2019
Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!
March 25, 2019
Kenia G.
Paralegal
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“Super Convenient ”

OverallOverall buddy punch is the best time clock system we have had. Very easy to use and has everything you need.
ProsI love that when you sign in from the computer you see your time on the right and the option to clock in/ out on the left. Basically everything you need right away. I don't have admin access but I know they are able to easily fix your time if you miss a punch along with other features to keep it simple.
ConsI don't like that everything is clock in/out. In the past we have had it where it summarizes the day and you can tell how many total hours for that day. and at any time that you log in you can see what the total time is for when you last clocked in/out. i.e when we clock out for lunch we like to check and see how much time we have until getting back to work. or when we arrive late I like to know how much more time I need to make the 8 hours for the day.

By Buddy Punch on September 25, 2018
Thanks Kenia for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us convenient, easy to use, and everything is right where you need it. Thanks for the feedback as well, you can currently see shift and daily totals right from the Time Card, but we'll look to add in current shift totals as well. Thanks again.
September 24, 2018
Sarah S.
Head Bookkeeper/ Accounting
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
November 9, 2018

“Buddy Punch is a great replacement for our old system!”

ProsRight off the bat I was impressed that Buddy Punch offered a 30 day trial, whereas most other systems offered only one or two week trials. Before our 30 days was even up we knew this is the program we were going to use. Buddy Punch was easy to use for all of our employees and I am able to access it from my home rather than having to remember when I went into the office to make adjustments to time cards, approve PTO, or print reports. Also, even though I set specific pay periods, I am able to print reports with whatever date ranges I indicate. I find that very useful. The last feature that we have been impressed with was the ability to select different locations that employees can punch in/ out of. We have multiple locations and it is helpful know where people are physically. Great program!
ConsI have the mobile app downloaded onto my phone but it is extremely limited. In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have talked that up so much to my management team, because it turned out to not offer many options or capability.

By Buddy Punch on November 21, 2018
Thank you for the review Sarah! It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of our PTO approval feature, reporting, and geo-fencing features. With the smartphone app you're able to approve PTO, view and edit time cards, and view who's currently punched in. We don't have a reports option on the smartphone apps today, but I'll reach out to you to see what features you might be interested in so we can add them to the list for future development. Thanks again.
November 9, 2018
Jake C.
Communications Director
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Great Time Clock System”

OverallBuddy Punch is a great product that has allowed us to better track our technicians hours. They are on the road 3-4 days a week and Buddy Punch helps us know where they are when they punch in/out and whether they are staying on schedule. It's a great product at a great value!
ProsThe software is a good value, easy to use, and the support team is very receptive to suggested changes or add-ons. We've seen several suggestions become a reality which is uncommon when dealing with other software companies.
ConsThe app isn't the best, but we do ask for it to do a lot. From GPS tracking to facial recognition; there are good features, but with phone updates, the app has a tendency to lock up.

By Buddy Punch on October 10, 2018
Thanks Jake fore the review, I'm happy to hear that you're finding us easy to use as well as a good value. We build features based on feedback from our users, it is great to hear that you're enjoying some of our recent updates! Also thanks for the feedback on the mobile app, it supports geofences, gps coordinates, facial recognition and QR codes. Thanks again.
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1001-5000 employees
July 9, 2018

“Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.”

Pros Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous. Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.
ConsAnytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

By Buddy Punch on July 10, 2018
Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!
July 9, 2018
Cindy R.
HR Director
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2016

“Simple and Easy to Use Time Tracking Product! ”

OverallI handle HR for a small start-up tech company, and we were looking for a simple, easy-to-use time tracking software solution that was also cost-effective for our size. We found Buddy Punch, and it seemed to offer everything we needed, and it was reasonably priced. We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start recording their time immediately with zero training or assistance, which was a priority for us. The system is also very easy to use from an administrator end (editing punches, viewing timecards, etc.) Buddy Punch produces concise reports which can assist with transferring employee hours to any payroll system that you may be using. If you do experience any issues or have questions, it's very easy to place a support ticket and a response is usually given within 1-2 hours at the most. Customer Service definitely seems to be a priority which we appreciate. Once our trial period had concluded, it was a no-brainer to continue with this easy, intuitive solution.
ProsEasy to use for admins and employees Concise reports Archiving of data is permanent while a paying customer (never lose past timecards) Reasonably priced
ConsWish there were better customization options for hour categories (i.e. floating holidays, Jury Duty, etc.) App for I phone needs improvement (can only view who is punched in currently)
Recommendations to other buyersGreat product!

By Buddy Punch on August 11, 2016
Thank you for the review Cindy, we appreciate it! You are correct, we place ease of use and customer support at the top of our priority list. We are always looking to improve so thank you for the suggestions, we are working on updating our smartphone apps and will have the updates ready soon. Thanks again for your business!
August 9, 2016
Pati K.
Office manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Simplified employee time tracking”

OverallAccuracy of payroll hours and the ability for employees are able to track their own PTO usage are primary benefits. The software's Payroll reports help us accurately determine productivity.
ProsIt's super simple both for employees to utilize and for our payroll department to track hours and PTO.
ConsWhen accessing from a mobile device, the software asks to use the camera even if the user has opted out of video screening.

By Buddy Punch on October 11, 2018
Thank you for the review Pati, I'm glad to hear that both your employees and payroll department are finding us easy to use. In regards to our webcam feature, the administrator of the account can turn that feature off, optional, or required. If optional or required we'll give you the option to take a photo. If you do not want to use the feature you can turn it off on a per employee basis. Thanks again!
Ellen W.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2017

“Our staff work in different locales, BP was just the solution to our staff clocking in on real time.”

OverallAbility to have real time punch in's & out's by employees. Overall picture who's clocked in instantly. Also if they use their cell phones, where the employee is.
ProsThe versatility, ease of use, flexibility. The fact that most employees can clock in anywhere on their cells phone.
ConsIt does not keep a balance of PTO, just PTO used. Some employees have a hard time with how BP functions on their cell.

By Buddy Punch on December 5, 2017
Thank you for the review Ellen, I appreciate you taking the time. It's great to hear that you're finding us versatile, easy to use and flexible. In regards to the PTO balances, we actually do have this feature. It is part of our PTO Accrual options. I'm going to be sending you some information on them and how to enable it. Employees can see their balances right after logging in. Thanks again.
Travis B.
Store Manager
October 9, 2017

“As good as we could have imagined”

OverallWe have yet to find any issues with the software that wasn't explained with a quick call or email. Changing incorrect punches isn't the most convenient, but even that isn't an issue.
ProsWe started using Buddy Punch almost 3 years ago at our Pharmacy and we will continue to stick with it. The ease of use was fantastic. We have clerks that were used to signing in on a clipboard for the last couple decades, and they picked up on the program in no time. Reports are simple, the interface is great, and they are constantly updating features.

By Buddy Punch on October 10, 2017
Thank you Travis for the great review and continued business! I'm glad that we continue to deliver the simple and easy to use interface while we also are upgrading our feature set. We're happy that you're happy!
Taylor B.
Bookkeeper
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
October 4, 2019

“Great Customer Service”

ProsI will say I truly do like working with Buddy Punch. Any time I have an issue, its immediately fixed and it seems like Buddy Punch is constantly taking customers issues and using those to fix the system overall. Every business is going to have issues, it's a matter of fixing them and improving . I have never dealt with a company before, not just an online time clock/scheduler, that has responded so efficiently to customers issues and wants to fix it to where it doesn't happen again in the future or fix it to where its easier to use in the future. I truly appreciate it!
ConsNot being able to delete inactive items. That is something they are working on allowing customers to fix. Even though I cannot delete them myself, I can ALWAYS chat with a Buddy Punch customer service rep and they take care of it for me.

By Buddy Punch on October 9, 2019
Thank you Taylor for the review and your business. We appreciate the kind words!
October 4, 2019
Zachary C.
Operations Director
August 22, 2017

“Buddy Punch is the most user friendly way for my employees and me to track hours. ”

ProsWhat I love most about Buddy Punch is how simple it is for employees to clock in and out, add their lunch breaks, and write notes about their shifts. I also love how easy it is for me to import it into QuickBooks and pay payroll with it! Before I used Buddy Punch I was keeping time manually with 3 employees and it drove me crazy. Now I have over a dozen employees and I do not know what I would do without this software.

By Buddy Punch on August 22, 2017
Thanks for the review Zachary! I'm glad that Buddy Punch has been simple for you and your employees to use. I see that you're using our QuickBooks integration as well, we have one for both QuickBooks Desktop and Online. I'm glad it is saving you time to use it. We appreciate your business!
August 22, 2017
Gerald A.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 15, 2016

“One Of The Best Decisions I Made For My Business”

OverallI was first apprehensive of trying out Buddy Punch. I was so used to traditional punch cards, spending hours reading through each punch card during paydays and calling each employee for verification of blurred printouts and questionable punch-ins. I was used to making my life so difficult. Until I decided to level up because some bundy clock machines bogged down at the office, I began looking for a time card system that would eliminate time fraud from employees ... and make my life easy too. I began to entertain biometric time clocks. But the newest machines are so expensive and still quite laborious on part of the employer who had no human resources department. Until I came through an advertisement from Buddy Punch, this picked up my interest. After a few hours of contemplation, I tried it and boy was I blown off by its features real-time pics, extensive data of employee activity, payroll data, etc. Even the staff of Buddy Punch are so supportive, inserting few features from a new user like me. I am so impressed! Now for the first time in my 10 years of business, computing payroll has become such a breeze. Thank you very much, Buddy Punch!
ProsI am happy for everything. Though it doesn't have all the features we need, but the staff are ready to entertain all our suggestions.
ConsNothing that I can think of. So far, it fills my current payroll needs.

By Buddy Punch on September 15, 2016
Thank you Gerald for the great review! I appreciate you pointing out a few of our features, like our webcam support for pictures on punches and our reporting options. I'm glad we've made your life easier. Thanks for your business!
September 15, 2016
Anna R.
HVAC admin
Machinery, 11-50 employees
February 18, 2019

“Pickerington Heating and Cooling Employee”

ProsBuddy Punch is easy to use and user friendly for all ages, I clock in and out using buddy punch daily. I can go back and change my time if need, it shows when you have PTO, the exact time you clock in and out down to the second. I can clock in from my phone, laptop or desktop! Very convenient
ConsThe only issue I've yet to experience is a glitch in the system (Or at least I think that's what it is) I've clocked in from my app on my phone a time or two and it shows me the time I clocked in, shows the "CLOCK OUT" but it actually did not go through. I;ve had to adjust it when I make it into the office and "make a change" to my actually clock in/out time. Other than that, I enjoy using buddypunch!

By Buddy Punch on February 19, 2019
Thank you Anna for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and user friendly for everyone. An internet connection is required to use Buddy Punch but an offline mode is on our feature list. Thanks again!
February 18, 2019
Peter O.
CFO
Import and Export, 11-50 employees

“Where have you been?”

OverallHaving spent over a year trying to integrate a time and attendance system with our payroll provider with little or no success, we had reverted to signing in and out the old fashioned way as it has been done for the last century.
ProsI asked my I.T. department to search and find me something I could work with. I needed something that would track employee time and attendance . One main pro was giving us a month to work with the software to see if it was right for us. After two weeks, employees were urging us to sign up! This software provides clear transparency, everyone knows where they stand and as an employer I can review activity at my leisure from where ever I am . We have been using Buddy Punch now for two months and it has improved employee punctuality and even morale. The data does not lie from a management perspective. My office manager likes it and just sends me the final excel sheet for approval on pay day.
ConsSometimes the software does not notify us that an action is awaiting approval .
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try, for the money it is well worth the peace of mind, knowing you have legally covered yourself and your company by properly documenting time and attendance.

By Buddy Punch on August 8, 2016
Thank you Peter for the review, we appreciate it. i'm glad you took advantage of our 30 day free trial and that Buddy Punch gives your business some clear transparency. Thanks again!
Cheryl D.
Senior Case Manager
Insurance, 11-50 employees
June 4, 2019

“EXCELLENT SOFTWARE, EASY TO USE”

ProsEasy to log in and review hours worked per day/week. I can send an Excel spreadsheet at the end of every two week period to track time, and vacation. Buddy punch has an app for my phone, but I prefer to log into the website on my phone.
ConsWhen punching in and out on my phone it repeatedly asks for access to my camera. If there was a permanent way to turn this feature off I would give Buddy Punch a 10!

By Buddy Punch on June 6, 2019
Thank you for the review Cheryl, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use. There is a way to remember your camera setting, I'll reach out to you. Thanks again!
June 4, 2019
Brad S.
Lead Operator
Printing, 11-50 employees
January 19, 2019

“Easy to use and goes with me on my iPhone”

ProsThe functions are straight-forward and self -explanatory for what you need to accomplish. I use it exclusively with the iPhone app, so I can punch in or out if I'm out of the plant on company business.
ConsSometimes it's difficult to add time for PTO, but the problem had always been resolved by our company administrator.

By Buddy Punch on January 21, 2019
Thank you Brad for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use when using our iOS app on your iPhone. You are able to request PTO directly in app but it's good to hear that your administrator was also able to step in when you needed assistance. Thanks again!
January 19, 2019
Jennifer R.
Office manager
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Great tool”

OverallWe used to add up time sheets manually each week. When you have over 20 employees and they all have different pay scales, it can be very time consuming. This has helped us with the general punch and and out time.
ProsI like how easy it is to use and the time it has saved us each week on payroll. The employees like seeing their time live each day as well.
ConsI like the updates that have been out in place for the PTO but I wish it would do more tracking with all that and also let people request off on there phones and manager approve it. We have some special/unique payroll and it would be cool if it was more customizable to our company.

By Buddy Punch on October 1, 2018
Thanks for the review Jennifer, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and we've saved you time when you have to run payroll. Sorry for any confusion, your employees can request PTO directly from our smartphone apps. I'll send you a message directly with some screen shots. Thanks again!
Tamara P.
Finance
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2017

“Definitely FIVE STAR ratings in all areas! ”

OverallI am glad to see that you have added Sure Payroll to your integration of other software.
ProsIt is so easy to use, particularly for the employees. We simply give the employee the ID and password, and a 30 second demonstration. Although on other software, we tend to get numbers questions, so the simplicity and ease is very important for our HR department.

By Buddy Punch on October 5, 2017
Thanks Tamara for the 5 Star ratings and the 10/10 recommendation! We really do make ease of use our highest priority when designing features and I"m glad that this come across in your daily use. We appreciate your continued business!
October 2, 2017
Celina B.
Employment Specialist/ Community Guide
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2019

“Simplicity”

OverallBeing that i have 2 job duties, switching from one to another is as easy as 123. Now i can spend more time assisting my clients without worry about time and payroll. Thanks. For its the simple things in life that count-accuratly. Lol have a blessed day! qb671
ProsIt's easy access on the go and accurate live
ConsNothing. I love it couldn't be better. Thanks

By Buddy Punch on January 18, 2019
Thank you Celina for the review, it is great to hear you're finding us easy and accurate. It also sounds like you're using our codes feature, which allows you to create codes that you can punch into. This then separates your time based on the code. Thanks again!
January 17, 2019
Chelsea M.
Controller
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
December 28, 2018

“Love Buddy Punch!”

ProsBuddy Punch makes it simple and easy to manage employee hours.
ConsSometimes when editing punches and backspacing the time it will reset the whole thing so you have to start over. It only costs 10 extra seconds, so it's a very minor complaint.

By Buddy Punch on January 3, 2019
Thank you for the review Chelsea, it is great to hear that you're finding us simple and easy to use. Our time picker allows the use of the keyboard as well as a picker that allows you to select a time. If using the keyboard and holding down backspace would clear the entry. Thanks for your business, we appreciate it!
December 28, 2018
Christopher M.
Remote Data Steward
December 4, 2017

“Great time tracking software”

ProsThe ease of use of it and that it was web based rather than .exe based. Overview provided is also very neat and flows nicely.
ConsThe only con that I have for BP is that you need a converter some times to know exactly how many minutes you need to get to a full recorded hour as there is no live tracking for that.

By Buddy Punch on December 5, 2017
Thank you Christopher for your review, I'm glad that our ease of use really shows in setup and your daily use. Also thank you for the suggestion, we try to incorporate feedback into all of our product updates. We appreciate your business.
Kristina S.
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
October 30, 2017

“Great, very easy to use and not over complicated by too many add ons”

ProsIt is simple, straight forward, and very easy to use. It looks great on the web and the mobile app. Easy for employees to use and access.
ConsIt is not made to function without an email address and it is not made for Holdings or Conglomerate groups. You cannot be an administrator tied to separate entities once your email is in use. Even though you wish each group to act independently and you just want administrator access to each one, you have to make entirely separate accounts and you have to come up with different versions of your email to do that because this program is just not made for that.

By Buddy Punch on October 31, 2017
Thank you Kristina for the 10/10 review, we appreciate it! I'm glad you're finding us easy to use and making use of our web and mobile access options. Thank you for the feedback on management of several accounts at once. We are making some enhancements in this area, so stay tuned!
Kelly M.
VP
Medical Devices, 11-50 employees
June 28, 2019

“Overall Happy with the Product”

OverallIt's really easy to use. My employees seem to use it just fine. There's also an app that can be downloaded onto an employee's phone for ease of use for punching in/out and has an option for their location to be recorded so you can see on a map where they punched in and out. I love that I can easily send an online message to the company with any question as they promptly respond and guide me to the knowledge base material so I can read up on how to do certain things. It seems like a great company.
ProsSimple to use and easy to contact a customer service rep with questions. You can easily transfer the hours into Quickbooks! (and other programs I believe)
ConsThe only thing I wish it did was integrate the PTO and OT into Quickbooks. It will transfer the regular hours worked but I still have to manually enter the OT and PTO. You can easily pull a report to see the breakdown so it's not the end of the world.

By Buddy Punch on July 2, 2019
Thank you Kelly for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our QuickBooks integration. We appreciate your business.
June 28, 2019
Rick S.
Sales Training Supervisor
Retail, 51-200 employees
May 6, 2019

“Great value for the investment”

OverallWorking with the Buddy Punch support team has been such a wonderful experience. The team is responsive, and eager to assist. Any questions we've had, whether using the free trial, or after we signed up as a customer, have been answered quickly. What a great platform.
ProsBuddy Punch is easy to use for managing our remote team members. It's easy to set them up in they system, establish their locations, and manage how they can punch in and punch out.
ConsNow that the scheduling feature has rolled out, that takes away the only major Con I would have listed. There are still some bugs within the scheduling functionality, however, I'm quite certain the amazing support team is working on resolving any remaining issues.

By Buddy Punch on May 7, 2019
Thank you for the review Rick, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and that our support has been a wonderful experience for you! We appreciate your business.
May 6, 2019
Ryan K.
Community Health Worker
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2018

“Very easy to use and keep track of work hours”

OverallI really like this software and have not seen any problems thus far. Im glad our organization has Buddy Punch and have had a good experience using it.
ProsThis system is very easy to use, and keep track of your work hours. I make my own hours, so having this system makes it easy to use different ways to clock hours for multiple grants that I have. It keeps track of what hours go to which great, and makes it so easy for my director to log.
ConsI have not had any problems, and I continue to use the software, along with all my coworkers.

By Buddy Punch on September 5, 2018
Thank you Ryan for the review and your organizations support through the years. It's great to hear that you're finding us easy to use.
September 4, 2018
Kelly N.
Member-Owner
April 19, 2018

“Easy and very convenient”

ProsThis software allows our office staff to work from anywhere while keeping them honest. It is also very easy for staff and management to use.
ConsI haven't had success integrating the software with our Quick Books application but honestly haven't tried very hard.

By Buddy Punch on April 20, 2018
Thanks for the review Kelly, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad that you're finding us easy to use and that we're helping keep your staff honest. I'll reach out to you about the Quickbooks integration, we integrate with both Quickbooks desktop and online. Thanks again!
April 19, 2018
Information Services, Unspecified
December 5, 2017

“Great tool to track temp time.”

OverallSaved a lot of time when processing payroll.
ProsVery easy to use! I didn't rate customer support because I have never had to contact them. We use a lot of temp works with a lot of turn over. Very easy to add the basic information in the system so they can start clocking in/out the day they start and one click to make inactive. Reports are easy to export and send hours to the temp agency. I also like that they have the ability round time to the closest .25. What I report is what the employee see. It has saved us a lot of time in reporting compared to the previous product.
ConsIt is currently meeting all of our needs and some I didn't know I wanted, like the ability for employee to make a correction to their time card which then must be approved by their supervisor. In the past, it would be a verbal communication and the supervisor would have to log in and correct. Now the employee does it and the supervisor gets a notice.

By Buddy Punch on December 6, 2017
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your honest feedback. It's great to see you're making use of our correction feature, which allows an employee to request a change to their time card that you have to approve. We appreciate your business.
December 5, 2017
Mitch H.
CFO
Machinery, 1-10 employees
June 1, 2017

“A superior choice to paper time cards or other software time cards I've tried”

OverallIncredibly easy tracking of hourly employees time cards including break times, lunches, and PTO taken.
ProsThis software is incredibly easy to use both by the administrator and by the employees. They make it easy to be compliant with federal and state laws for tracking hourly employee time and breaks. It is easy to control which employees can change their own check ins/check outs, and it is incredibly easy to make changes when needed. I also love that employees can choose to fill in their own PTO and mark it appropriately for what type they have used.

By Buddy Punch on June 2, 2017
Thank you Mitch for the review, we appreciate you taking the time! I'm glad that you've found Buddy Punch "incredibly easy to use!" Thanks for pointing out our break, PTO and change request features, I'm glad they're helping you be compliant with federal and state laws. Thanks for being a Buddy Punch customer!
June 1, 2017
KimBerly K.
Operations Manager
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2017

“Great Value AND Great Service”

OverallWe tested out several online timecard systems and have been extremely happy with BuddyPunch! We're a small office that has owners out of state so leverage technology and having visibility on the team when the owners are out of town is very important. BuddyPunch has been easy to setup and use. The online clockin with the QR code can be ever so slightly twitchy sometimes but with each iteration the system gets better and better. I team loves being able to clockin with their phones and those of us not in the office love being able to see their login picture and GPS location. Win for all!

By Buddy Punch on February 21, 2017
Thank you for your review KimBerly! I'm glad that you found us easy to setup and to use, we really do focus on ease of use when designing features. I also see that you're making use of the QR Codes, webcam pictures and GPS support. Sorry if you've had any issues with QR Codes, please let us know if you have continued issues and we're happy to help troubleshoot. Thank you again for your business, we appreciate it.
February 21, 2017
Ayde H.
consumer advocate
Cosmetics, 1001-5000 employees
October 24, 2016

“Easy to Use”

OverallBuddy Punch system is really easy to use and understand. It allows you to easily make changes and allows your employees to leave notes for each punch time (if necessary).
ProsEasy to use for employees and managers
Conscannot punch in real time. it gives the employees access to modify their times.
Recommendations to other buyersno

By Buddy Punch on October 31, 2016
Thank you for the review Ayde, we appreciate it. I'm glad Buddy Punch is easy to use and understand. Thank you for pointing out the notes feature, it allows employees to leave a detail on why they might be punching out early, late, etc. In regards to your comment on real time punches, perhaps there is some confusion - you can punch in real time with Buddy Punch. As soon as you click the punch in button the time is captured at that moment in time. Also the employee option to request changes is a feature that can be turned on or off. Any changes only take effect if they are approved and you can turn off changes all together, if needed. Let me know if you have any other questions, we appreciate your business!
October 24, 2016
Josh S.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2016

“so so not greatest”

OverallSeveral areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.
Prosonline can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so
ConsMost of it
Recommendations to other buyersIt could be good if feedback was taken in consideration and updates were made more often vs yearly. Not recommended for larger 30+ employees maybe at some point but not at this time!

By Buddy Punch on September 20, 2016
Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.
September 17, 2016
GENA R.
HR Director
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
February 27, 2019

“The best product with the best support”

ProsI have worked with A LOT of HR products including many different time keeping systems. 2018 was the first year I was introduced to Buddy Punch and I have never experienced such amazing customer service as I have with Buddy Punch. They are like the Amazon of time keeping systems. They're live chat is with real people who quickly solve any issues that arise. The system is really simple and easy to use and best suited for those individuals that are at a computer and for smaller companies in general
ConsI can't think of any cons about this product.

By Buddy Punch on February 28, 2019
Thank you Gena for the review! It's great to hear that feedback about our customer support. We try to provide the best experience for our users and if any questions arise we are happy to answer them. Thanks again!
February 27, 2019