LeagueLobster Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.2/5
4.4/5

About LeagueLobster

LeagueLobster is a leader in league and tournament scheduling. Learn more about LeagueLobster

Mike L.
Academic technology coordinator / coach
April 2, 2018

“Couldn't be happier with this product!”

OverallProductivity, communication, professional looking interface.
ProsLeague Lobster is easy to use, professional looking and the support I always recieve is fast and very helpful. Their product helps us maintain quality communications, schedules, and standings for our youth basketball league. We have received many compliments on the product and inquiries from coaches and other league administrators about League Lobster. I highly recommend this product!
ConsNo complaints at this time with this product.
Roberto R.
League President/Owner
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 6, 2018

“It is basic and it works most of the time. customer support not so good. no phone support”

OverallEasy to create schedules, but hard to modify if a team leaves for the season.
ProsSomewhat easy to use, most features are simple. Easy to share and embed on your own website. Payment set up is easy, but if you are not using it on your off season, make sure you stop service or they will keep charging you even if the season is over.
ConsHard to change schedules i you have an uneven number of teams to create bye-games. Customer Support needs to have a phone on call. Not happy with the delayed support.
March 29, 2018

“Great experience. Best scheduler I've found.”

OverallDoes great job of getting me 70% of the way to a finished schedule.
ProsGreat tool for schedules, especially when games are not in fixed timeslots. Tool is able to adjust and is extremely useful.
ConsStill have to do quite a bit of manual manipulation due to a couple missing features. #1 if you could set "blackout days" where no games can be played, would be very helpful. I can block out weeks, but not a specific day. #2 allow me to schedule multiple leagues together, so as to avoid conflicts with field usage. #3 There are coach conflicts, where coaches are coaching in multiple leagues, and have to keep these games from being scheduled over each other - royal pain and have to do this manually.
Abbey M.
Director of Operations
April 2, 2018

“Very responsive and provided appropriate information when answering my questions.”

ProsI like that if coaches decide to reschedule a game, I am able to go in and make that change on LeagueLobster. After I make that change, the new schedule is updated on our website. I do not have to make any changes on my end to our website when game changes occur.
ConsWhen having an odd number of teams in a league, we want to create one team a week to have a double header. Sometimes the software creates a schedule with extra games we didn't want including all the bye games but at the same time I am able to edit and delete games to make the schedule how we want it.
Andrew P.
Sports coordinator
March 30, 2018

“Very pleased with the use of this website.”

OverallIt helped me schedule and maintain a live scoreboard and standing for out men's basketball season
ProsVery quick response from customer support when I had a question or needed help. Also it is very easy to create schedule for the season. Making changes is all very easy.
ConsMid season I had to remove a team from our league and it was a little difficult to reschedule ensuring all teams were evenly scheduled without creating a new schedule.
Sean S.
Teacher
April 5, 2018

“It has been pretty good.”

ProsI send out a list of blackout dates for games well before the season starts. I explain that only serious issues that could effect your ability to field a team on a given day should be on the list of blackout dates. That doesn't stop people from whining and complaining about the schedule. The ability to change games so easily is really helpful and my favorite part about the software!
ConsI have had issues with the software freezing up and not publishing the schedule. I also think that there should be a few more features that allows team preferences on certain fields.
Jesse P.
Developer
March 14, 2019

“Perfect ...”

OverallThey really have the whole spectrum covered, from little league shenanigans to serious competitive leagues.
ProsEasy to use, super fast customer support (even if YOU screw something up, hah), always working on new features.
ConsThe fact they made this cons box mandatory.

By LeagueLobster on March 27, 2019
Thank you so much for this awesome review!
March 14, 2019
Sal R.
Sports Ministry Associate
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
March 30, 2018

“It has been a great experience to use league lobster. SO goooood! ”

OverallI didn't have to worry about making a schedule by hand.. that is waaaaay too time consuming.
ProsIt is so easy to use and they are always ready to help. Also, its not that expensive, I pay 10 bucks a month and I get what is worth back in one week.
ConsIt can be a bit tricky to learn at the beginning, but like I said before they are always ready to help.
Adam R.
Site Admin
April 2, 2018

“Great customer support, decent schedule and features ”

ProsEasy to manage, great customer support, value is good, hyperlinking was a breeze, and there are no ads to deal with.
ConsPlayoff schedule was difficult to adjust, and changing the inputs were time consuming. Was unable to get the drag and drop to function.
March 29, 2018

“Saved me a ton of time”

OverallRemoves 90% of the complexity with managing the basketball schedule.
ProsI love that it generates schedules automatically. We have kind of a different sort of group of kids that are playing, and for the most part the site is able to handle everything we've needed.
ConsIt's easy to get lost. If I have to make changes it doesn't just reset the remaining games, it has to remove and recreate all of them - it doesn't seem there's a way to "lock" one so it doesn't get changed.
Garret S.
Small Businees Owner
April 2, 2018

“Fast and Easy to Use System, That gives you the a lot of Bang for your Buck!”

ProsI really enjoy the customer service piece of LeagueLobster. they are always willing to answer timely and accurately. They are helpful with small technical issues, user malfunctions and complex bracket questions. Super friendly and a great experience with them!
ConsI do not mind the ads. However, the organization and placement of them, sometimes interfere with the school itself.
Mac T.
May 15, 2015

“Overall outstanding experience with LeagueLobster”

OverallFinally, after 5 years of old school methods (excel spreadsheets, pdf's and word docs), our 6v6 soccer league has joined the 21st century and hired LeagueLobster to completely revamp our system. We couldn't be happier with our decision to do so. With LeagueLobster, we now have a completely automated registration process, saving us hours and hours of time. It is incredibly user friendly and the feedback from our players has been overwhelmingly positive. The web design is super clean and functional. The schedule is easy to follow and tracks the leading scorers. The team pages are awesome with features to make managing a team so easy. Some highlights include; game reminder emails with an rsvp option, schedule sync with your smartphone calender, team communication and ways to track payments. The system is very easy to use too. But our biggest praise for LeagueLobster is the customer service. They have been available to us every time we've needed them. I would highly recommend this company.
May 15, 2015
THOMY W.
Scorekeeper
March 29, 2018

“I USED IT FOR A TOURNAMENT AND IT WORKED JUST FINE”

ProsEASY TO SET IT UP, VERY CLEAR ALL STEPS TAKEN, STRAIGHT FORWARD. IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT IS FOR. I HAD A TOURNAMENT OF 4 TEAMS AND THE ROUND ROBIN WAS VERY EASY TO GET AROUND. ALL TEAMS PLAYED EACH OTHER AND AT THE END IT GAVE ME THE WINNER AND PLACES. VERY NICE FOR MY FANS AND FOLLOWERS.
ConsSOMETHING COMPLICATED ABOUT SETTING UP KNOKOUT STAGE GAMES. I WAS NOT CLEAR TO SET UP THE PLAY-OFFS GAMES AND END IT UP DOING BY HAND. IT HAD TO BE EXPLAINED BETTER FOR SHORT TOURNAMENTS.
Shaun H.
August 3, 2015

“Fast and easy roll out”

OverallWe are a small, but growing club with a variety of services such as leagues, trainings, social events, and philanthropy. Scheduling, money collection, registration, and member tracking with excel sheets was a huge challenge as we grew in size. It was complicated by the fact that our board members turn over every year and with each new board resulted in a loss of information from the previous year. The features of the site have made board transitions much easier, and our members can also self-track their participation as well. We love the simple, easy to use interface for administration and the support we get from the founder has been fantastic for our league launches. Our club especially likes how easy it is to create schedules and send out automated alerts of games and standings. League Lobster gets a huge endorsement from the New York Ramblers, and we would recommend the platform to any of our fellow LGBT sports organizations.
August 3, 2015
Natalie K.
Sports Administrator
Self-employed
April 3, 2018

“League Lobster is reasonably priced, and relatively easy to use.”

ProsIt is easy to input teams, and makes distributing schedules and stats to coaches and players very easy.
ConsIt often took several tries, and a significant amount of adjusting to create a working schedule. The software does everything by week, rather than by date, so if your weeks are off, then the whole schedule is off. Make sure your tournament or league statistic parameters and scoring methods are inputted correctly-there isn't an easy way to adjust later.
Ryan L.
April 5, 2018

“Great customer support. Good online tool”

ProsI like that it is an online tool I can access anywhere. I can embed it in my website. Customer service is fantastic. Entering scores is very easy.
ConsI'd like there to be an easier way to set parameters. Say a team can't play games before 6. The mobile version when embedded in my website does not look good. Takes a lot of moving around to see all the information. Also would like there to be more options for tie-breakers.
Ben N.
Coach
March 31, 2018

“Super helpful program for the league that I run!”

ProsI really like that the program is easy to use. I am able to set up my league very quickly and embed in to our website. Also like the ability to enter games score live.
ConsI really have no cons. This program allows me to make the league that I run that much better and I appreciate that!
March 29, 2018

“Great program with helpful customer support! ”

ProsI like that the software gives you the ability to customize many aspects of the scheduling, such as divisions, games played, how many times a team plays another team, etc.
ConsI don't like how the software doesn't always update changes that you make without constant refreshes.
Aaron L.
Recreation Coordinator
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2018

“League Lobster has made score keeping extremely user friendly!”

OverallEasy record keeping of scores and standings. I love the customization for your league websites.
ProsThe easy to use interface. You do not have to be computer savvy to use this software. I enjoy the program because it makes record keeping easy.
ConsI little pricey to remove the ads from the software. I wish there were more options for purchasing. I do not need a full 100 teams but would like the pro feature at a cheaper price for less teams.
Alan O.
Head Ref
April 3, 2018

“Great software really made running our leagues easy”

OverallReduced admin time and a shareable single point of contact for all teams involved in our leagues for timetables and scores.
Prosthe drag and drop interface along with the simple highlighting of duplicate matches worked really well.
ConsWould have like a few options for set up of a league like "all play each other twice" or "league cup" where the software would set up automatically for that type.
David H.
Web Developer/Board Member
Sports, Self-employed

“Great”

OverallArranging schedules for a Sportspress site was WAY easier than using Sportspress.
ProsAbility to move matches around and swap games or home vs away. Also, the ability to export directly to Sportspress was required for our use.
ConsNeed a better way to make sure to even out home vs away games for each team. There might be a better way, but it wasn't very clear.
Michele S.
VP
April 8, 2018

“LeagueLobster has been a great asset to our volleyball league in terms of scheduling/stats/tourneys!”

OverallQuick weekly schedule generation
ProsThe think I like most is how intuitive the software is. It's easy to follow along and create your clubs league teams quickly. The customer service is excellent!!
ConsIt's a little expensive on a monthly basis, but we're a really small club and wanted to try something out online.
April 8, 2018
Semiconductors, Unspecified
March 29, 2018

“The tool was very easy to use!”

OverallTime, it really allowed us to put a complex schedule together fairly quickly.
ProsThe auto-schedule algorithms. They worked fairly well. Also liked the ability to divide leagues into pools.
ConsWould like to see... - Ability to export all leagues to .csv in one file. Currently, you have to go to each league and select "Share"->"Export". Because we were managing 65 teams at four different locations, had to break the league up a little. - Would like ability to add multiple "limited role" admins to enter scores (maybe this is there already). - Would like more flexibility in customizing the "Club Page". If I had the ability to add some additional things like forms, your site could replace our own website.
Kendall B.
Pastor of Sports & Rec
March 29, 2018

“like anything, always confusing but once you play around with it is very user friendly”

Overallsaves me a ton of times with writing schedules for dozens of teams
ProsThe ease in creating schedules and inserting team names. Very easy step by step directions to follow
ConsThe software puts teams playing each other back to back weeks. This may be due to double headers but seems like that should never be the situation
Rachel E.
March 29, 2018

“LeagueLobster is a life saver! Saves me time and money!”

Pros It is very easy to use and very intuitive. I get immediate responses when I contact the help desk via Skype.
Cons There are some limitations to the software. I had to be very creative scheduling an out-of-town team that comes in every other week for a doubleheader. But it was a fairly simple fix.
Scott T.
HBSA Board Member
March 29, 2018

“Nice easy visual of a schedule”

OverallOne stop shop for a Divisional Schedule
ProsThe visual is easy to distinguish. I like the different ways that you can share out the information and publish to a different site.
ConsPublishing and fixing mistakes is NOT easy and waiting for support can take a long time. Dont like that the home team is not listed 2nd.
April 6, 2018

“One of the best League Scheduler i came across. Works perfect for our league.”

ProsPublic Schedule is the best part of this software. Gives the players and teams an insight into fixtures, points table instantly.
ConsShould have Players Registration and also suspensions (Cards) tally for players. Notification if certain player is to miss matches.
David O.
Assistant Coach
March 29, 2018

“We used this to handle our baseball tournament and it worked great.”

ProsThe software is very easy to use and the cost is reasonable. There are other tournament options , but they are more difficult to use.
ConsCould have a few more features and an app to send to other teams. I understand there will be limited features for the cost, but maybe offer a more premium option.
Nicholas U.
Commish
April 5, 2018

“Overall great, easy to use. Works as advertised. ”

OverallGenerates my schedules for Kickball and Soccer. Love it.
ProsWalks you through the schedule creation process. Customer Chat support is super fast and super informative.
ConsMoving dates after the schedule generated has in the past been a challenge, but once you learn it, its easy.
Ramil F.
Coach/League and Club Team Admin

“Easy to Use”

ProsCreating tournament was easy and moving schedules, mobile friendly even if it's not a native mobile app
ConsTeam customizations and some game analytics input would be cool. Export functionality would be ideal as well
steve W.
March 29, 2018

“Relatively easy to use ”

ProsSimple, easy to understand interface. The instructions available are fairly thorough. With the free version is allows a quick review of the software to see if we would like it.
ConsIt needs am optional rule to prevent games on back to back nights and have a max games per week setting (I don't believe it has this but I could be wrong)

By LeagueLobster on April 2, 2018
Thanks for the review! We do indeed have an option to set a minimum time between games which you could use to prevent games on back-to-back nights. Games per week are determined by your number of games and weeks. You might just need to add weeks or reduce games. Generally, it'll try to spread games out as best as possible.
Tom D.
IT Administrator
April 5, 2018

“Great software for league and tournament scheduling”

ProsWeb based software, it's fast and easy to use. I can make adjustment to constraints and allow for teams to play back to back easily. Would be nice to "lock" the schedule and redo a draw.
ConsSometimes requires extra clicking to get back to the right menu. After a schedule is posted, I need to sometimes redo the entire schedule.
Frederick d.
Servant
August 16, 2014

“End to End Football Management Solution”

OverallSpend more time enjoying football and less time working on it. Forget about Managers of leagues and Managers of clubs or teams; let LeagueLobster manage them for you. Stick to what you do best; play football! The LagunaNiguelFA has been providing football to our member clubs, teams and players for almost 20 years and LeagueLobster is the best software we've ever used allowing us to spend more time on the field and less time with paperwork, sitting behind a computer or racing around to the league office.
August 16, 2014
Sterry M.
League Administrator
Sports, Self-employed
April 2, 2018

“Easy to use, excellent support for when you get stuck, very user friendly”

OverallMade my life a lot easier with league and tournament scheduling.
ProsVery user friendly and easy to navigate the controls. Tech support usually answers right away but at max within 24 hours.
ConsLimited playoff bracket formats. Payment portal is somewhat difficult to use/not many options for collecting individual player fees.
Shinobi G.
League GM
March 31, 2018

“League lobster products and services are decent and nice. The price they charge is amazing.”

ProsI like the looks and the use of the scheduler. Also the hosting link to published tournaments. Some of the customization is ok. Decent clean look.
ConsSomethings I found hard to understand and some features were hard to find. I would like for them to more colour options or the ability to add you own photo to the nack drop of page. Some decorations and png logos would be nice. Staff also take a lot of time to respond sometimes. Hard time sorting back to backs for teams
Jessica H.
League Director
April 25, 2018

“I've learned to figure out how to manage my leagues. It took time and patience.”

ProsThe standings calculated make it easy to relay info to the participants in my league. It is easy to publish and share the link.
ConsNot very user friendly when it comes to scheduling and editing a schedule. The assistance is not always the best when it is needed.
April 25, 2018
Paul H.
May 16, 2014

“League Lobster”

OverallAfter many years of using spreadsheets, pdf files, etc. finally a product that brings everything under one hat. On top of that it looks great on smaller screens. Additinally, it has great social networking components that keeps everyone in the loop and saves the leagues, captains, and coaches time and money. Customer service is on it as well, these guys get back to me within the hour and are working very attentively to solve your issues.
May 16, 2014
Philip M.
Recreation Coordinator
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2018

“I have recently started using LL but so far I have found it easy for the things I need to do. ”

OverallThe ability to quickly send an email link to all league participants for them to see full game schedules, scores, and standings.
ProsThe ease of inputting scores and rescheduling dates and game times. Everything I've had to do thus far has been user-friendly.
ConsI have only used it for a few weeks so I've yet to have to create a league schedule or tournament, nor have I had to speak to customer service yet. So as of now I have no complaints.
Mohammad S.
General manager
March 29, 2018

“Leaguelobster made my events easy and good looking.”

ProsThe final printable schedule is very neat and easy to understand. I also like the function to add results live.
ConsComplication of timelines. Sometimes I got confused when I gave a time frame for a tournament and the outcome wasn't correct
Jordan N.
February 22, 2016

“League Lobster and Felix are great”

OverallFelix has done an amazing job helping to customize our website and content on a consistent basis. He has helped grow our presence online and as a result we have been able to grow our membership with each new league. I would recommend League Lobster to anyone looking to build a professional and user friendly website to organize and activate new members.
February 22, 2016
Andy L.
Executive Dorector
March 29, 2018

“Quick easy did almost everything I wanted”

ProsQuick changes easy to work with. The teams are saved and organized for future editing It has a catchy name and is easy to remember
ConsCan't add multiple age groups on one schedule. It makes individual age group schedules very nice but to combine all age groups on one game schedule is not happening

By LeagueLobster on April 2, 2018
Thanks for your review! FYI ¿ you can, in fact, combine multiple age groups (called divisions in our system) into one schedule using the PRO version.
Timm C.
Team Manager
April 5, 2018

“The system works very well for my needs”

ProsI think the software is easy to understand and functions as described. As well, the one instance where I needed support they were very quick and efficient to solve my issue.
ConsI don't really have any issues with the software. I guess I would say I think a nice feature to add would be the options to minimize or something the games in the past.
David G.
April 2, 2018

“League Lobster did not have all the features I was looking for.”

ProsI enjoy the way the software looks, as well as the different ways you can sort the rankings. The customer support was pretty good for the free trial.
ConsI didn't like how it was very slow at updating, and how I couldn't change multiple venues/times at once.

By LeagueLobster on April 4, 2018
Hi David, Thanks for your review. It sounds like you didn't see the time slots button, which allows you to enter venues, weekdays, and time frames for your games and will assign games accordingly. You certainly don't have to edit each game individually.
Mihai I.
Operations Manager
April 3, 2018

“The system is very nice to use and can be adapted as needed. Would recommend ”

ProsIt was easy to use and get used to for multiple standing and leagues. It is nicely organized and all results can be shared and embedded on multiple platforms.
ConsIt would be nice if you can adapt some settings to personal use. I am using it for a game that is not listed and have to make some workarounds.
Michael L.
CEO/President
September 11, 2015

“Modern Look, Oustanding Customer Service”

OverallLeague Lobster has been incredible for my league from day 1. Felix fully customized my site to be exactly what my players are looking for. The best thing from the admin side is the video tutorials. "Teach a man to fish and he can eat forever".
September 11, 2015
Erik P.
Technology Specialist
April 5, 2018

“Very easy to use and helpful that it integrated with Sportspress ”

OverallEasy integration with Sportspress
ProsI like that you can import fixtures and events directly in Sportpress without creating duplicates of existing teams
ConsI do not like that you have to manually import. It would be helpful if it could integrate seamlessly into Sportspress without manual intervention
51-200 employees
March 29, 2018

“This really helps you get started with a schedule when you have no idea what to do.”

ProsQuickly and easily lets you put in your parameters to get a good start. Customer support was fast and friendly. Price was perfect for non-profit leagues.
ConsThis was not turn key for us - we still had to manipulate the data after the schedule was published.
Grant Z.
Sports, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2017

“Excellent application for any size league”

OverallI was easily able set my schedule and publish it.
ProsLeague Lobster is pretty easy to use, and dead simple to get started. It is very inexpensive, even free if your league need is simple. Once you have set up your schedule it makes even to most basic organization look totally ligit!
July 17, 2017
Rusty M.
Scheduler
April 2, 2018

“Thought it was going to easier than it turned out to be.”

OverallSpread sheet
ProsAbility to put on a spread sheet. This is the only pro I can say at this point. Maybe will have more later.
ConsNot very user friendly. *Found that changes were difficult to do. Ended up deleting schedules in order to make changes. *Do not like the fact it is required to enter a location and time in order to make the schedule. *Things could be explained better as you move along. *Why are you required to publish before you can put on a spread sheet. Then if you want to change things around or delete you have to un-publish. *Overall layout is not smooth, very choppy and hard to find what you need. I schedule for a youth league on my own time and I should have purchased this months in advance to figure it out.