SportsEngine Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

About SportsEngine

Leagues, clubs, associations, tournaments, and teams of all sizes use SportsEngine HQ to manage their operations, run background screens, promote their competition programs, sign up members, communicate with parents & athletes, raise funds, and process payments. In addition to technology, SportsEngine provides professional support, consulting, and design services. SportsEngine is part of the NBC Sports Group. Learn more about SportsEngine

Craig O.
September 24, 2019

“SportsEngine as a Platform for Our Ski Club Website”

OverallOur overall experience with SportsEngine has been excellent. With use of this software we have converted our regular newsletter from an expensive printed format to an online format published on our website. This software has allowed us to streamline our new member enrollment and annual membership renewal by doing it all online and getting away from the endless inaccurate paper trails. All registrations for our club events and trips are more easily managed through this software, and we are able to keep track of our club membership more easily and accurately. Communicate with our club membership through mass or individual emails is made possible by the software.
Pros1. Ease of transition: We switched our Bogus Basin Ski Club website to the SportsEngine platform in August 2018. The transition only took 2-3 weeks and was painless. 2. Training and support: The online and in person training on the SportsEngine software was very thorough, and all of our questions were answered. Ongoing support through emails and scheduled phone calls has always been prompt and most helpful. Many questions are answered through their extensive online articles and recorded help sessions. Their online forums allowing interaction between software users and SportsEngine administrators is effective for getting specialized needs and problems solved. 3. Functionality: In order to create page content on your website using the SportsEngine software it is basically "plug and play" of different page elements, which is ideal for me since as webmaster I have no computer programing skill or background. This literally allows anyone to be the webmaster of your website using this software. Yet one of the available page elements (entitled Code) is designed to add custom HTML code as needed to any page. 4. Reasonable and fixed price: Our club leadership felt that the set up and annual maintenance fees for the SportsEngine software were very reasonable compared to other similar software platforms, and the annual maintenance fee is fixed regardless of the size of our club. 5. Size: SportsEngine is a very large organization and will still be here 10-20 years from now.
ConsThe software is primarily designed for team sports with leagues, teams, players, coaches, parents and youth. We are a ski club of adults only with no teams. Our primary function is year round social activities. Despite this the software has worked very well for us by simply ignoring (not using) all the functionality designed for team sports.
September 24, 2019
Kraig O.
August 28, 2019

“Why I chose SportsEngine”

OverallI've been with these guys from the beginning with multiple sports and clubs. They keep improving, keep listening and are generally fun people to work with. I think there's room for improvement in their product and they keep doing that, which is what I appreciate the most. They're also far ahead of their competition in terms of support and engagement with their user community.
ProsSportsEngine is more than a website. It's team collaboration software, content sharing, volunteer management, financial management and more. I still use other software tools, but I wouldn't have to, and in many cases it's just a matter of taking the time to migrate to SportsEngine's better solutions. I still use Ground.Work for collecting fees, because it's cheaper, but SportsEngine would be easier for me in the long run, if my board would let me switch.
ConsThere are some features of SportsEngine that I find unintuitive, like News and News Aggregators, but the functionality and support is there, which is far more than I can say for most competitors. I also think some collaborations with partners like Ground.Work or JotForm would make sense to reduce cost and complexity of the existing solutions within the SportsEngine suite.
August 28, 2019
Lacey W.
Office Admin
June 25, 2019

“Fusion SC User Review”

OverallRegistration and player management has become much simpler and more streamlined since we switched to SportsEngine, with everything being 100% online. It has made our processes simpler and faster to work through, from rostering to invoicing and even processing refunds. As a Club Admin and parent, I also find the website to be very user friendly for both sides.
ProsI like the fact that everything is migrating into one location, taking away the need for using/visiting multiple websites to complete necessary tasks.
ConsThere is a lack of some functionality that our organization had with our previous software (Blue Sombrero), which makes some tasks impossible to do without big workarounds (if at all). One example of this is the ability to transfer players between programs without parents having to complete a whole new registration.
June 25, 2019
Gerry B.
August 8, 2018

“When in doubt go for the GOLD standard!”

OverallI am a long long long time user/patron of their product and I have had the best time dealing with their team of account managers and techs. The single best attribute of any company is their ability to take criticism and turn it into a change and a positive experience for the user/customer. They've grown and evolved. Most companies don't, let's be honest. I actually enjoy the interactions with them. I've grown to know some of the individuals that work there over the years and seen then not only excel but also be appreciated by the powers that be. They take a team approach to their employees. They also have fun with the sporting events like the Pond Hockey Tournament that they co-sponsor. SportEngine is a community not just a supplier/provider. I will likely always be an advocate and customer of theirs as long as they continue to evolve and nurture their relationships as they go.
ProsWhat I enjoyed and valued most about SportsEngine's sites and software is ease of use and versatility. For someone who is tech savvy (one way of saying it) or someone who is functional at best on a computer this company has something for you in their product. You can easily modify and populate a website for the barely functional individual... or you can rock an excellent sports site with tons of integrations and modifications that are all accessible at your fingertips.
ConsWhat I like least is so petty and idiosyncratic that it's barely worth mentioning. I would change things like adding anchors in texts on one page that can be linked from another page. Silly but it's small and maybe not worth fighting for. I would also like to see an appointment app that is solely SportsEngine and not a third-party integration that you add code from another site. Wish list.
Carl R.
Webmaster / Registrar
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
June 21, 2017

“Having looked at and used many League Management platforms, SportsEngine® beats everyone hands down.”

OverallAs the Webmaster and Registrar, my personal benefit has been the ability to remove myself form the day-to-day changes to the website. In our old site (we had for 6 years), the page content had to be edited in HTML (web page base language) to work the way we needed it to work. As a result, I (the webmaster) was the only person with the qualifications to make those changes. With SportsEngine® I've been able to empower a good number of the board members so that they can make changes to an area of the site, post news, and send league wide communications. Not only does this reduce the workload for me, but allows the board members to get information out in a more timely manner. The 2nd benefit for us is the 'responsive design' templates. We found that the majority of our users interact with the website and league information on a mobile phone. Without responsive design it was impossible to interact with many parts of the old website. This factor was key for us looking into the future to create a sustainable website and tools. We certainly did not want to change websites again. Another key benefit that we hoped would deliver the expected results was the integrated mobile app. The app is free to all members, and is focused on the TEAM rather than the websites focus of the LEAGUE. We've been pleased to find that adoption of the app was rapid, and that families really leveraged the app as their daily platform for all things related to the team. We also unexpectedly found that we could leverage the apps built in notifications to reach parents with important league information (rain outs, field changes, game reschedules) where they may not read or simply ignore the same information in email form.
ProsSo many pro's it will be hard to list them all. The ease of use is tremendous which makes it possible for most of the board members to contribute to the site during all cycles of the board year. Because the help documentation is so thorough getting new members up-to-speed and able to manage their own communication streams takes little time and does not require the league to have a 'webmaster guru' to support everyone. Another nice element is that that the site is 'data driven', meaning that all of the news, text, documents, etc. that are added are stored in a database so that you can change templates based on you're personal preferences without loosing any of the content you've created. The registrations work extremely well, and with the rostering functions make adding players to teams a simple and thorough process that can easily be handled by anyone who can use email. Dibs is an essential tool for managing volunteer hours and commitments and continues to evolve - as does every part of the platform - to make a larger impact over time. The other key feature for our league has to be the integration with the SportsEngine® app. One the season gets into full swing, parents and players utilize the mobile app for game times, practice times, league news, and team messaging. With the RSVP features, the app has become the key tool for our team managers, and team staff. There are many more pros that I could list, but there is a limit to what I can write!
Dave H.
August 6, 2019

“Doubled the size of our club”

OverallIt's doubled the size of our club in three year. The new site seems to project more confidence but it also appears very high in search engine results for our area, so we have more exposure. It's dramatically reduced the time we have to spend getting information to people or collecting information and fees.
ProsOnce setup, it is easy to prepare for each season by making any changes to past registrations and duplicating them for the next season. It's radically reduced the amount of cash and checks we handle -- almost every transaction goes through the website now.
ConsSome may find the initial setup tricky but Sports Engine offers a service for setting up your website, and rates that are really good if you compare with having an web design agency doing the work.
Mark M.
Manager of Support Process
March 27, 2018

“Parents love it ... rockstar support ... simple to use!”

OverallWe just ran a fundraiser through the site. 4421 individual products sold through a shareable social media link from our Sports Engine team page. We made money for our lacrosse club and I didn't have to lift a finger. They built it all as a registration. When it comes time for delivery I run one report and all the data is there.
ProsThe interface is simple and user-friendly. Parents and players love the team stats feature! Great mobile App. Reporting is a breeze exportable .xls for everything you want to know. Registrations can be used for fundraising sales. Can't say enough about their support team and I manage a support team for a web hosting company. I could have built all the functionality myself but it would have taken months these guys have an out of the box solution at a reasonable price. Don't listen to the hater reviews they have no idea what it takes to keep an application like this running and are looking for free software that can't do what you need it to do. This stuff works and is reasonably priced!
ConsSome limitations to the size of pick list you can have them build for you when using registrations as fundraising management but I'm asking a lot of their support team to manually build out lists. I wish they would implement export to Google Drive in the spreadsheet reporting features.
March 27, 2018
Randy T.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
June 21, 2017

“I have been the webmaster of the MN Selects Festival for the past seven years.”

OverallThe MN Selects were able to replace the manual registration process for approximately 700 players each year with an online solution that has built in reporting capabilities. So, in addition to managing our Festival more effectively in terms of time and money, we are also able to leverage various functionality to allow our coaches to track their registrations, assign jersey numbers, etc., as well as allow our Directors to track their regions teams at a holistic level.
ProsI had no prior experience as a webmaster when our MN Selects organization decided to pursue a company to help us manage our 40 team/680 player yearly festival. In a short time, we were up and running with a brand new website leveraging SportsEngine. I would say the most important aspect of the software is it's ease of use - the fact that an individual (and organization) with no prior experience was able to implement a solution so quickly clearly speaks to the strength of the product. In addition, equally as important to me/us as users, is the quality of the team's Customer Support. I continue to be impressed with the ease in which we are able to enhance and upgrade our site year after year thanks to the help of the SportsEngine team.
Rod S.
Chairman & CEO
June 21, 2017

“We converted our complex custom operational sports web site to Sports Engine platform. ”

OverallEliminated our Accounts Receivables, Game Scheduler to go to desktop, IOS/Android Apps, data base generator, Game registrations flexibility and each team registration communications as well as being flexible to enable our live game iScorecast to be incorporated into SportsEngine software.
ProsThe ability to be able to take our unique custom operational sports platform and adapt it and SportsEngine adaptations to get to the end results we wanted thereof. We demand a lot of data both from an analytics but also to users data within the analytics while using other software modules in a fully desktop and IOS/Android apps platform for our club members. SportsEngine has worked with us as we have pushed their system to fit our custom applications and uses thereof. The end result is that we have greatly reduced our staff time on a weekly bases by over 75%. This is huge savings in preparing for a transition plan.
ConsRegistration for events, games and tournaments has some areas for improvement such as Page 2 of a new registration information should all just pop up as the same versus entering the same information over every time. We do between 90-100 registrations and that is the same reentry of information to the registration questions. Especially when it is a copy of a registration to the same site with a new title and that is all that is being changed.
David V.
June 21, 2017

“Extremely satisfied; fantastic customer service; easy to build a professional looking website.”

OverallPlatform allows us to build a world class website for a elite travel baseball program.
ProsSportsEngine has been a true partner from the original sales cycle to the design, build and implementation of our travel baseball site. Their outstanding customer service and support is world class. I'm a IT professional and work with many vendors and I would rank SportsEngine right up there with the best of them. They deliver a high-end product with incredible responsive support and assistance (and always with a smile). Our organization knew want we wanted and SportsEngine went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with the end solution. We were admittedly a high-maintenance customer and I never once sensed they were frustrated with accommodating our requests/needs. The SportsEngine community as been a great resource for us for new ideas and tips/tricks. The tools was easy to learn and fun to work with. The tool allows for an incredible amount of functionality. We believe SportsEngine platform and professional support has allowed us to build one of the top travel baseball sites in the country. The cost was super competitive to other platforms we looked at and if you look at the site, you would expect that it cost way, way more than what we paid for it. It's a great value through and through. We couldn't be happier with our selection of SportsEngine and we couldn't be happier with our ongoing partnership.
Richard C.
Scheduler
August 11, 2019

“Using SPortsEngine as a referee”

OverallUse the software as an end user to go in for game reports. After a game when there is a penalty to report, I go to SportEngine and look up the game Sometimes I go in to look at future games coming up
ProsAll league games are listed. Games are usually in one central location (Need good thought process as to how leagues and games are listed)
ConsPenalties from games are listed in order they occurred rather than broken out by team Not always intuitive
August 11, 2019
Kraig O.
Co-Director/Coach
June 21, 2017

“SportsEngine is the way to go”

ProsThis isn't just website/marketing software! It's a web-based platform for running your entire sports organization. It's how we communicate, manage teams, organize events, accept payments and manage registrations. Want to get word out at the last minute about a cancellation? Use SportsEngine to broadcast the message by text and email, with a simple calendar update. Want to bill a parent for their kids extra lesson? Just send them a PowerPay bill online. You'll get paid online and have a record of the whole thing. To top it all off, the whole thing is backed by NBC Sports, so you get all kinds of free publicity at a National level and your organization looks like they've really got it together.
ConsThere are some things that I don't like, but they just keep making it better. Don't like something? Go to a user group meeting and talk to them about it. If your ideas make more sense, you'll probably see them in an update. They have great support and really listen to the needs of their users.
Adam B.
League President, Webmaster
June 22, 2017

“Sport Engine has been great for my league since the first day I changed over to their website. ”

ProsFirst off, it's very professional looking! Which is a big selling point for my league. The look created legitimacy for my league. The support staff has been excellent to work with! From the Sales Representative and Account Manager I work with, all the way through Registration and Tech Support departments, all have been helpful, and prompt when doing so! I honestly believe the professional look of my website has given my business the edge over the competition in my market. And last, but certainly not least, the website is super easy for the user like me to edit, post pictures, video and content to my website.
ConsI don't dislike anything about Sport Engine's websites, or them as a company. If there was anything that could be thought of as a negative, or a drawback, is that as a new company, they have a lot of great new ideas and features that they plan to roll out in the future, but things like that take time to develop, so making sure they're done right for the sake of the customer is what is important. Patience is the virtue we all must have until those new features are brought to use.
Kip T.
Education Management, Self-employed
September 4, 2018

“Database Doesnt Work They just take money”

OverallThe customer service has become terrible. The database was flawless till the end of June and now simply does not work.
ProsThe program is a series of templates that you can manipulate for your specific organization. The system is fairly robust in the options and ways you can get what you need done.
ConsThe database is not working. It has not worked for over two months. Clients who register I am not able to see nor have any idea who they are. They created a new area to register that should have simplified it, but that has not fully worked either. The phone system doesnt work. If you call they tell you to go to the website and register for a chat or schedule a phone call, then it hangs up. I have been on with support 4-5 times in the past 2 months and they have not resolved it and give you a canned response. As of this date, my database still does not work and the customer support is very poor. Nor have they refunded any monies as I have asked.
September 4, 2018
Kim G.
Athletic Department
Education Management, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2017

“Proven technology, support is quick and they care about my site.”

OverallBranding our Athletic Department. Great communication tool for messaging and the calendar. Parents and faculty at the high school LOVE the visibility and the professional look.
ProsEasy to use. Lot of room for creativity. Great communication tool. Great customer and technology support. Online DIY videos are very helpful! Unlimited photos and videos for parents is a big deal! Mirroring tools are valuable. The ability to build custom reports is very helpful. The look is very professional and has helped me "brand" our Athletic Department. When I need to talk to a real person, they are there for me.
ConsParents don't read my directions. The software is awesome. When I am searching for an issue in the video support site, I get too many answers. Would love if it would let me search for a term in quotes so I can get to the exact topic. For example, if I put in a search for "how to create a team event" I get every possible topic that has the word "team" in it. Would be helpful to search an exact term. But tech service has worked when the search engine does not. And my Baseball teams wants to separate the calendar events so they can track statistics. Right now I put on the calendar, then when he duplicates an event for statistics, it's confusing to families.
June 25, 2017
Chris W.
Sports Commission Director
June 21, 2017

“SportsEngine is by far the easiest sports related software platform I've ever used. ”

OverallEase of use, improved communication and much more.
ProsAs the Director the Mankato Sports Commission as well as being involved at a volunteer level for numerous sports organizations I have been exposed to and had to use many different sports related software/website platforms. SportsEngine is hands down the best of any I have ever used. In minutes I can show somebody who has never used the software a few basic things and get them up to speed enough that they can easily help manage a website on this platform. I love that you don't need to know how to write code or really any technical aspects in order to make changes or updates.
ConsOccasionally I run into things I'd like to do on our website that are not available as options however the SportsEngine team always gets back to me in timely fashion to either let me know of a way to do it or let me know if that is something they are working on.
Wally S.
League Secretary
October 11, 2019

“Youth Football League Loves SportsEngine”

ProsEase of use. Very cost effective to switch over to and use year to year. High Levels of communication within the tool. SportsEngine is always making changes to try and improve the software. Adaptability between different orgs to use one piece of software for multiple different leagues and sports. I highly recommend this offtware quite to help in running youth sports orgs.
ConsSometimes the customer service people take a little longer than you would expect to answer questions.
October 11, 2019
James M.
VP Sales & Senior SEO Architect
Sports, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“Great team mgmt platform ”

ProsThis platform is great for team management and communication among players, parents, managers and coaches. I have been using this app since before it was corporate owned and would recommend to any sports team that doesn't have a lot of resources for communication. Having a team manager run the app for all involved does make it easier on everyone, and all that is needed is a bit of computer literacy, its easy to modify the settings and make the team mom look like a rockstar when it comes to stats, scheduling, registration and communication.
ConsThere have been issues in the past that I didn't care for like: data population for registrations, etc. But their team does listen and any issue I've ever had was minor and apparently others thought the same way and SE listened and has always addressed those issues. Their support team is great.
March 5, 2019
Marianne S.
Club Administrator
April 24, 2019

“Great platform for youth sports and more!”

ProsSportsEngine is a fantastic platform for our youth soccer club. The product makes a lot of my job seamless as I move from registrations to invoicing to the website itself. The back office is fairly simple to use and even updating the website is pretty much a no-brainer. Our families love how easy it is to navigate. The mobile options keep getting better and better and they are constantly adding new features to both the desktop and mobile versions, as well as to the app. The website is so easy to use that we also switched another website over to SportsEngine recently and it's already a million times easier to update.
ConsThe only cons we've run into is the help desk when using a Mac. The help features don't like Safari so much and I end up calling our support people on the phone instead. I will say, all of our support team is fantastic and happy to help. The improvements over the past year to all the features really leave me with little to "con".
April 24, 2019
Derek R.
Marketing and Communications Manager
October 10, 2017

“SportsEngine has been a great partner and provider for our organization for nearly a decade. ”

OverallWe currently use the software for our website, a mobile app, tournament software, background screening and online registrations.
ProsThe best part about SportsEngine's platform is how easy it is to use. It is very simple for administrators who don't have a computer science or programming background to learn how to use the site and create a great online presence. Another great feature of this software is how it is being continuously improved. There are a number of features and functionality available today are weren't just a couple of years ago, and product enhancements continue to be launched frequently.
ConsRegistration fees include a transaction fee and a percentage-based processing fee. These seem small up front, but they can really add up if you process a significant number (or high priced) registrations.
October 10, 2017
Shaun O.
Publicity Director
August 1, 2019

“Why SportsEngine”

Overall It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
ProsThe customer service is great and the software is pretty intuitive.
ConsIf you do not have someone familiar with computers I could see where it might be challenging, but they have a great staff to walk you through every step of the process.
August 1, 2019
Laurel B.
July 3, 2019

“Easy to Use, Great Client Support!”

ProsThe ease of use and initial set-up. Plus the fact that web-based chat support is available quickly and easily, and the support techs convey the help clearly and in laymen's terms.
ConsNothing...since we've started using SportsEngine, we haven't come across anything that we don't like. Anything that we haven't understood or needed help with, we have been able to get that help or clarification ASAP from support services.
July 3, 2019
Shawn S.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
April 23, 2019

“7on7 Football with SE”

OverallI like the website, I like what it can do and my customer like the way it looks. Now I wish it was easier to get a hold of Customer Service. Or if Customer Service emails back all I get is link on my question. Its very cold and un customer friendly. There is probably so much more I could be doing with my 2 websites but no one will ever spend the time to really help you. You have to figure out everything on your own
ProsThe ability to make it easy on my customers to play with us in our Leagues & Tournaments. Call to action with click through to registration pages set apart from competition
ConsFor first two years I exclusively did my scoring and scheduling on SE. In the last year or so I have gotten away from that as I find it too time consuming and I use Zorts Sports now
April 23, 2019
Jon B.
Vice President Fundraising Products
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2018

“Great Salesrep, Horrible, Clunky Interface and terrible email editor- stay away!”

Overall(There must be a limit above)... but there's more bad news: The registration form must be built by 'SportsEngine Engineers'. There's no way to modify it yourself, and when you do add fields, weird things happen and people can't complete the form. Also, don't add fields like "Parent2 Email Address"... because you would think that means that Parent2 would get copied on email and nothing is further from the truth. Also, the system doesn't recognize registrations from the same family (if they occur separately). The result? No way to calculate a 'Maximum Charge" (In our league it's max $300/family)... This just results in more time wasted explaining the limitations of SportsEngine to parents. The system is cobbled together from a bunch of different technologies... for example, the website editor is different from the registration system, which is COMPLETELY different from the payments system. SportsEngine Sales People... YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE. DON'T DECEIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS INTO THINKING IT IS JUST ONE SYSTEM. The support is basically chat only, and very, very hard to get a hold of a live human being. Bottom line, we've been using this two seasons already, and this is the last one as far as I am concerned. (Note: We serve around 1,200 families across a handful of sports including basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, etc.) So if you are still reading this and somehow still considering SportsEngine, absolutely make sure you are shown how to do basic tasks.
ProsThe ability to log in using Gmail is the saving grace of this software. I also like the admin edit mode (the only thing I like about the edit mode), where you can see what the website looks like as a user, and then change components of it. But that's about it.
ConsOh, where do I begin??? The HTML editor looks like it is circa 1997. It's was clearly designed for older computers- you can't even see what you are typing-not enough space. Also, What You See is DEFINITELY NOT what you get. For example, you have to know to hit the Enter key twice if you actually want a line space. Also, forget dropping or pasting pictures- you have to know HTML. You have to have a degree in SQL programming to figure out how to pull reports. Worse, there is no common field (like a Google Search field) where you can enter in some piece of information... you have to select filter, then select the field, then select a list of operators... and so on... and this is just to find coaches who are registered for the Boys 3rd/4th grade division. it's so frustrating! Then there are the things you can't do at all... like add an extra email address... This happens all of the time... As an admin, I get requests from parents to add another email address... and I CAN'T DO IT! Only the person who created the account can add additional notification email addresses, and even then (in at least one case) they still don't get emails form the system. And the emails you do get have automatic advertising.... and are definitely NOT mobile friendly. It gets worse from there- Coaches HATE, HATE, HATE using SportsEngine to try and upload schedules or even send messages to their team. They actually voted to go back to email.
November 14, 2018
Chris C.
Commissioner
June 22, 2017

“Longtime customer on the SportsEngine platform ”

ProsI really like the ease and flexibility of altering the appearance of our site. The widgets make it very to use. Support team is very responsive and their developers seem to be consistently making improvements.
ConsThe sms and messaging has improved greatly for clubs/teams but it needs to have the ability to message on a league wide basis.

By SportsEngine on July 19, 2018
Thanks for the review Chris. We recently released People360, a new tool that allows you to message any and all members. Best of all, you can create groups easily, and also send messages to teams or groups of teams. I think this would be a great solution for you to take care of league wide messaging. Here's more information or you can reach out to your account manager. https://www.sportsengine.com/solutions/people360/
Todd G.
Website Admin
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
June 21, 2017

“Best decision we made as a league! ”

OverallThe main benefit is the ability to stay in touch with our membership base. I can send an email to all members about camps, upcoming seasons, schedule changes, stats, scores, playoff brackets, all kinds of benefits to choose from. When we started using the software we were a league of around 60 teams. Now we have over a hundred and counting. I do believe that parents love the ease of use and they can have their own team pages at no additional cost to the team. For anyone that knows how expensive a hosted website can be the cost of SportsEngine is nothing compared to what you receive. Unlimited photos, videos, calendars, team pages..... it just goes on and on. We have used SportsEngine going on 8 years and I can't imagine ever changing. It's just too easy.
ProsOnline Registration, ability to post schedules, standings, playoff results, member database for future events and seasons. With all of our incoming parents they have grown up in the internet age. They expect to be able to have an online source to register, get updates, see schedules, pictures, videos and a lot more. It really does give us a competitive advantage over other leagues.
Jason S.
IT Director
Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

“Glad we switched!”

ProsOne stop app for all our team spanning multiple leagues. I can keep track of where everyone is play on any given day! SE has been actively updating its offerings either for their web platform or apps based on suggestions made by their users on their Ideas page. Can't wait to see what's next. We've been giving team managers more access and they love the team management features.
ConsNo Windows 10 app! I get it... not exactly a great case to develop one as their Windows 10 Mobile isn't that popular but with millions of desktops using Windows 10 (including most of our organizations) it would seem a no-brainer to have a simple desktop app to access the info
KALEN H.
Director of Operations
August 22, 2019

“Great Product! Great Customer Service”

ProsI love using SportsEngine software. It has made having a functional website even easier. From the design to the daily use and customer service, every part of the partnership has exceeded my expectations.
ConsNothing, it has been a perfect option for our club.
August 22, 2019
Terrence L.
October 4, 2019

“Online registration management”

OverallPlayer registration and sign up is easy for players parents, we are able to upload forms we need filled out. The financials are easy to understand and makes record keeping a breeze. Any problems are handled quickly.
ProsCustomization It can be tailored to fit your organizations size and unique needs.
ConsA little overwhelming if your computer literacy is weak.
October 4, 2019
Brian K.
June 21, 2017

“SportsNgine is terrific. The website design/set up was seamless. Customer support is outstanding”

ProsEase of navigating through the site. The website is very user friendly. From an administrative stand point, it's very easy to do the behind the scene adjustments/changes.
ConsA few items need tweaking: 1. I would like the ability to set registration close dates or capacity levels for each team. Basically, close registration at any level at any time. 2. When sending out an email with a PDF it should be one click to attach and send. 3. When sending out an email to different groups I should be able to click on multiple groups to receive my email. However, that currently can't be done so have have to cut and paste multiple times. 4. I should be able to send a group email to all the families who have an outstanding balance. However, under the current system I have to send out an email to each family individually. I would be willing to work with you to enhance your site to make it even better
Mark D.
Recreation Supervisor
June 21, 2017

“Our experience has been terrific. Great company to do business with, Highly recommend. ”

ProsVery user friendly and great support. SportsEngine team is always working on updates and continuing to make the software better. They have great knowledge of their products and their client's needs and work to produce great results. The online registration process has been a huge asset for our department.
ConsI really can't think of anything that I dislike that wouldn't be something petty. If I had to pick something it would be the slightly different look from a computer to Ipad to smart phone.
Kevin J.
Youth Sport Administrator
September 25, 2019

“Great product for the price!”

OverallGreat experience, great people and great growth potential in the market they serve.
ProsBeen using it for more than seven years and the features that have been added since the first year is impressive. It's easy to use and I am looking forward to what's next!
ConsSometimes the functionality can be limiting, but there is a solution for every challenge I have faced!
September 25, 2019
Kip T.
Education Management, Self-employed
July 30, 2019

“Used to be Great”

OverallPoor. If I can find another company with some similar features, even it not as robust would change today. If you can figure it all out yourself. If you are OK reading and not getting support from a person, this would work. Very robust and a great site, they simply do not have the back office to support tit.
ProsIt is very robust. it gives you so many features, from billing, emails, webpages, rosters, etc. That is what first attracted me to it and the best part about it.
ConsThe customer service has disappeared. They used to be great but I feel they have grown too fast and are just going for the buck without having the support to help. As a visual and audio learner, reading is the least efficient way for me as a customer to get the information needed. If someone registers, it may show it, but it does not show up. I have tried two different methods that they suggest and there are still huge errors with it. I tried to update my billing and get the please wait processing and it never progresses. There are issues when people think they are registered for my site and they are not, they are signed on to Ngin, but not mine. Sometimes a pop up shows up, but most of the time it does not. There should be a banner or something to flag people as that would save so much time and frustration.
July 30, 2019
Rick M.
Sports, Unspecified
June 28, 2017

“Sports Engine has made our registration and communication process very simple and easy to use”

Overalleasy of registration, a collection of data on families, a collection of dues, communications, app-driven for push notifications, interaction with photos, videos, game detail outcomes, player profiles,
ProsSimple and easy to use, mass communication made easy, very effective and simple to set up and use. Parents like the app as makes the notifications of upcoming practices, events, games, changes very easy to communicate.
June 28, 2017
Brian P.
June 22, 2017

“Easy to learn and use with great features and integration”

ProsVery easy to learn and use, even for non technical users. Integration is a big plus and saves time from manually having to perform certain tasks. Updated mobile app calendar integration is a big plus as well!
ConsA few quirks with the calendar and adding events, (ie selecting a specific date and trying to add a new event, reverts back to the current date instead of the one you selected) not a deal breaker but I have had to go back and change things because I forgot about that. I also wish there were more available canned templates to choose from.
William R.
June 21, 2017

“Best Website and club management system on the market. ”

OverallGreat looking site, that is easy to manage, and a great system that manages the club registration and team's for me.
ProsThe ability to manage a travel club all through the site and software is perfect for any team or organization of any size.
ConsIt doesn't have a POS component yet. With a multisport facility that includes a sports bar, smoothie bar, and pro shop it makes it a bit difficult to manage them all through the site.
Mark S.
Secretary
March 8, 2017

“The big bully now...without improvements they will eventually disappear.”

OverallNo doubt this is probably the biggest most robust system out there, but the platform is clunky and becoming antiquated. They need a full rewrite or eventually someone will replace them with a more user friendly product.
ProsSports Engine has most the features you want, can handle big data, and is somewhat configurable.
ConsIt's a beast, not many volunteer organizations have the IT skill on staff required to run it properly. Trust me, this is not user friendly software.
March 8, 2017
Melanie W.
Owner and coach
August 8, 2018

“Easy to learn and easy to use”

OverallMy experience with this company has been very positive. This is the 4th website company I have used since I've been in business (10 years). With all other companies I had to email them with changes and then depend on them getting done correctly. It was not an ideal set up and was more expensive. However, the software was more complicated than my non-techy brain could handle. Changing to SportsEngine was one of the best decisions I have made. I can quickly make the changes as needed, and I didn't need to be a computer programmer to learn how.
ProsThis software did not take long to learn, especially with the assistance of the company. I love that it only takes me a few minutes to update information and replace pictures.
ConsI haven't found anything I didn't like.
Kimberly G.
Athletics, Basketball Coach, Videographer
December 5, 2017

“Took on this project and Sports Engine made it easy and the support is fantastic.”

OverallParents at the High School LOVE the fact that they can be communicated with, the calendar is easy to read. And all forms and information is all in one place.
ProsEasy to use! Easy to train others to use. Tech support is very helpful. Helped me brand our Athletic Dept and families LOVE it! Easy to access and full of all the information parents need at our High School.
ConsWhen I go to the helpful videos, I can't search a specific topic. Too many articles come up for the topic I choose. Other than that, absolutely NO problems with Sports Engine.
December 5, 2017
Gary W.
June 21, 2017

“Sports Engine is a great company with a great mission to serve youth sports. Love the platform! ”

ProsScheduling, rosters, and social media integration are just some of the best features. No coding knowledge is necessary but customizing the site is definitely possible with Css and HTML. Our families love the news feeds and mobile app. We also use the included DIBS service for volunteer management and online registration is a breeze and very customizable!
Armando T.
Assistant Program Director
April 30, 2018

“SportsEngine has brought my clubs productivity to an all time high. Absolute fantastic company!”

OverallIt made my soccer clubs administrative duties much simpler.
ProsThe ease of use in regards to registrations and payments. It has really streamlined my club and completely eliminated the use of any paper. The constant updates and changes to the platform to better it have been so useful as well.
ConsThe website designer needs an overhaul. For the average sports rep running the website it is very useful, but for someone who wants to take the website to the next level, it is pretty limiting.
April 30, 2018
Shane B.
Organizational Director of Player Development
June 21, 2017

“SportsEngine is so much more than a platform or template for our team's website. ”

ProsI enjoy the evolving nature of the website, always improving and taking every opportunity to help you get to the next level of optimization.
ConsCurrently, Powerpay is a tool utilized for non-recurring invoices like tournament fees, jersey reorders, etc and it does not allow the payments to be designated to the specific team account - Powerpay collections go into one main account. This causes a lot of backend reconciliation and money transfers. I know that they are working on this.
Douglas H.
League President and Founder
Sports, 1001-5000 employees
June 21, 2017

“SportsEngine is the best League management platform out there. I also know several teams use it too ”

ProsVery easy to use, very user friendly. Great graphics and support when you need it. I have been with them since 2012 and I see improvements being made that are beneficial to the teams.
ConsI would like to see where you can send emails to multiple smart groups, yet not send to the entire league.
Sean C.
Director of Communications
September 8, 2019

“Perfect solution for youth sports leagues”

OverallThe experience starts with some of the best customer service and assistance you could expect -- whether it's email or on the phone. In fact, it exceeded those expectations. SportsEngine acts as almost a board member for your organization. Whether it's setting up the website, assisting with design, handling technical support, etc. The website they helped Alpine Eagles LAX create gives parents (whether returning players or new players to the sport and our league) know that we are a well-managed organization.
ProsIts suitability to purpose. It's specifically designed to administer and manage communications, promotion, registration, etc.
ConsI honestly can't think of anything I didn't like about it.
September 8, 2019
Lynn D.
Office manager
October 5, 2019

“A lot of great features ”

OverallHas worked well for our organization and teams and for our fundraising events. Like having everything linked together with our website through sports engine!
ProsCreating own registrations, reports, ease of collecting payments
ConsHard to get a hold of tech support sometimes
October 5, 2019
Conrad L.
Vice President
September 11, 2019

“Feedback”

ProsThe software & website are very easy to use and information is easy to find.
ConsSome of the setup in the steps in the back end can be confusing if you are not very computer savy. But once you get the hang of things. See the pros avove
September 11, 2019
Tyler F.
Head Coach

“Best Option Out There!”

OverallInteractions with parents and registration of our programs are easy and reliable.
ProsYou can literally customize it in anyway that fits your needs. Customer support is fast, friendly and efficient as well.
ConsWith so many options there is a lot of learning which options work best.
britania k.
communications director
June 15, 2018

“Support from Team today was amazing and fast. 10 Stars for their service. ”

Prosits user friendly and supports in place encourage new users to navigate easily and learn at their own pace. its easy to generate and share reports. uploading pictures to keep relevant web content is appreciated as kids enjoy seeing their pictures.
Consi actually do not have complaints about this software as i am just learning, the tutorials have helped so it is not intimidating by any means and the convenience of the on line chat is fantastic. Maybe I won't like the mobile version as sometimes apps do not have everything but honestly in a pinch i would use it but these old eyes prefer a bigger screen to work from.
June 15, 2018
Elise L.
Team Parent
June 21, 2017

“Great features - calendar subscription, mobile app, online videos and training”

OverallTeam management and easy and effective team communication.
ProsThe software is always being updated and improved. New features and enhancements are added regularly.
ConsCustomer service can take a long time to respond. They are generally able to fix the issue when they respond
Anthony L.
Owner/Director
Accounting, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2017

“SportsEngine: Lots of promises but nothing works as advertised. Customer support is awful.”

OverallI purchased this product to set up a website for a youth volleyball club I manage. None of the features the sales rep promised or touted work as advertised. They will take your money and leave you to figure everything out. I had to hire someone with website experience to get the basic shell set up. It's not intuitive or user friendly. There are lots of bugs and glitches. Extremely frustrating. The worst part of the experience has been the customer support. There is none. You have to email your question. Responses take a minimum of 24 hours to come and they rarely solve the problem. Mostly a "try this" or "we think"... If I attempt their "try this" and it does not work it's another email and another 24+ hours for a response. Items that should be resolved in less then an hour take weeks to resolve. Don't waste your money or time with this product.
ProsIts a professional looking website.
ConsExtremely time consuming to use. Awful customer support. Lot's of glitches and bugs.
Recommendations to other buyersCompany is spending to much time adding new features and not enough time making what it has work.

By SportsEngine on June 15, 2017
Thanks for the feedback Anthony. Our support team is available 7 days a week and you can contact them via phone, email, or twitter. Also, I'd recommend you reach out and set up a time with your account manager so they can help you out. It's an included part of your service and should help you get started.
January 25, 2017