Zen Planner Ratings

Overall

About Zen Planner

All-in-one fitness business software with everything you need to turn your passion into a successful business. Our custom software is specifically designed for boutique fitness facilities, martial arts studios, affiliate gyms and yoga studios. It includes payment processing, Staff & Member Apps, retail, scheduling, automations, workout tracking, detailed reports & more. Learn more about Zen Planner

Teagan K.
Assistant Opperational Manager
October 8, 2019

“Finally Found the Right System”

OverallThis software has made this much more simple and allowed us to enhance our customers experience in our facility!
Pros-Set up was detailed step by step process and had video reviews that our staff could go back to -Customer service is the best that we have seen -Hotline always has a person you can talk to (have answered every question we have had and has taught us how to solve the problem should it ever come up again) - Hotline is available 7am-7pm -Email (you can send a detailed email and have it answered within one business day) - Our on-boarding assistant fallowed up with us after a month to make sure everything was running - Has easy quick reporting - Great schedule (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) -Great point of sale (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) - Mobil app is simple for customers and makes scheduling simple
Consonline mobil site cannot work with out cookies which most smart phones automatically disable so we needed to send out an email with instructions on how to enable them

By Zen Planner on October 14, 2019
Thank you for the review, Teagan! We're glad you've found the right system for your business!
October 8, 2019
Kim R.
Owner & Instructor
September 18, 2019

“You can't beat their support team!”

OverallI am love the people at ZP. There isn't one person I've come in contact with that hasn't been helpful, positive, encouraging, understanding and cheerful. I went to their office because I was starting a new program and wanted help with the set up of the program and the membership. They set me up with one person to be my helper that day. Now what company will do that? I can tell you that no other software company I've used would've offered me that. Also, love the Zen Academy. I learned about so many more things the software could do for me that I wasn't either using or doing in a google spreadsheet . So now ZP is helping me save more precious time and I'm learning more about my business in the process. Thank you reports and automations!
ProsHonestly, their customer support! However, I don't have to call often as the on boarding team set me up wonderfully to begin with. But the support articles answer almost all my questions so I don't have to call. I am a small studio and don't have a front desk staff but ZP does it all for me (well, allows my clients to do it all for me). It is super easy to use on all fronts.
ConsI have't run into anything that I don't like. I use ZP on my laptop in a web browser and I've found it confusing to try the staff app on my phone or tablet. This old dog struggles with learning new tricks :) So we can't blame ZP for that.

By Zen Planner on September 19, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Kim!
September 18, 2019
Beth G.
July 10, 2019

“Good Overall Studio Management Software ”

OverallThe migration process was rocky. About 30% of the database has inaccuracies. They need to improve and automate this process. Tech support is excellent. Customer support was slow to resolve a billing issue I had. They refused to speak to me on the phone and did not return emails. But everything finally got straightened out with persistence on my part, and an effort to make up for the issue on their part. Overall, customer support is generally very good. The software works well, is not buggy. Overall, I really like the software except for the way purchasing works.
ProsReporting is excellent, the best I've seen. I like the fact you can create your own reports. After learning how to use the system we have been able to create any reports we need. That is definitely not the case for Mindbody or Wellness Living. The Kiosk application is nice to have and our clients like it, but needs some improvement. The Front Desk and Kiosk Applications are easy to learn which is helpful as we have 10 teachers at the center.
ConsThe POS system does not work like all other online systems (choose what you want, put in user info, payment info then press complete or check out and credit card is charged), and works differently in their different interfaces. The Front Desk software does not allow for discounts (that is being addresses in a future release). The Dashboard processes the sale, then you have to process the payment separately in a different step. In the beginning we lost sales because our staff was confused. Many of my teachers are still unsure whether a sale goes through or not. When the Front Desk application can accept accept discounts and credit card swipes it will greatly improve the POS process. The client kiosk does not include a form for entering info for new clients and signing a waiver. For some strange reason that is on the staff side of the application. We keep it on the staff application but it means after a client signs the waiver they could get to a screen that offers a free class, which we do not actually offer. I have a hard time understanding why that is baked into their software, it is not considered a best practice. We have found work arounds for these issues but would like to see an updated and more robust kiosk application. The automated emails are very good and it integrates with Mail Chimp. You can also implement a retention process with tasks assigned to different people.

By Zen Planner on July 24, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Beth!
July 10, 2019
Alejandro L.
July 12, 2018

“Excellent product with futures that are practical, easy to use, and visually appealing”

OverallEndless , independence and function. Being a small business owner it allows me to run and automate many things such as financial reports, workouts, attendance. Reservation, automations of emails for customer retention , sales funnel , customer support, technically forward thingkong woth use of apps for iPad and iPhone to allow me to function on the run , away from the office, in the field, and manage coaches.
ProsI love zenplanner. They started out with few features and no apps but they promised to improve regularly and they deliver. In the short 4 years I have been using they have incorporated a staff app for the iPhone, a users app to reserve, keep track of workouts , PRs, billing and much more. an app for the front desk to use as checking in, reserving, adding new clients at ease. On each of these products they improve and incorporated new needed features faster than any software I have ever used. Their customer service is truly second to none. Helping you not only in the set up stage but anytime you need help and they work to resolve your problem immediately. The software not only is packed full of great functions for financial, workout writing and publishing, emailing automation, reports of attendance, finances , and mass email intervention but it does it with a sleek appearance that is not only visually appealing but with an easy of use that it's simple and powerful.
ConsSoftware is still growing and some features , not many anymore, can be improved. This is truly the worse thing I can think off as I have tried many many others do never been so satisfied and impressed with them delivering a great product and on a regular bases truly adding features to improve it without making it more complicated for the user.
July 12, 2018
drew s.
July 19, 2019

“easy to use to run my business for apointment settings ”

Overallthis has done wonders for my business I dont need someone to confirm appointments
Proswhen setting apointments customers can do it online and it sends out confirmations and reminds of appointments so they have no excuse to not miss an appointment
Conscould be cheaper per month. sometimes is slow but does the job

By Zen Planner on July 24, 2019
Thank you for the kind words, Drew!
Mike C.
May 27, 2019

“Cheaper, better, friendlier”

OverallI love their service and how much they've helped me. I would like the ACH only option for memberships though!
ProsThe customer service and ease of use, especially that everything you would essentially need is included with ZenPlanner, unlike MindBody or Triib. It's also cheaper because of PaySimple's merchant integration and I don't think most fitness businesses need the add ons that MindBody has and that you would pay for. I think being a good business owner, setting clearly defined roles and tasks for employees, and making sure they do them will lead to more sales than a email/text bot from MindBody.
ConsI think the client facing side of signing up for memberships could be a little easier, for instance: you can't have a ACH only membership option, you do need an iPad or computer of which to then use ZenPlanner's Front Desk for, but I do know ZenPlanner is teaming up with PaySimple to possibly release a device to use instead of an iPad or computer.

By Zen Planner on May 28, 2019
Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and kind words.
May 27, 2019
Paul D.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2019

“Happy to be back! ”

OverallThe reintroduction to Zen planner has been great. I'm learning new things and I'm excited about the dashboard that will show me exactly what's going on every day at first glance. It's exciting that I can customize it as well! I can't say enough good things about my onboarding coach. She was and continues to be amazing support with Zen Planner. I appreciate all of her patience and genuine interest in helping me utilize the software to its maximum potential for my business. I'm looking forward to growing with Zen Planner
ProsI left for about four years because I felt like the software was missing some integral parts for my business. Now I was needing something different and looked at Zen Planner again. The changes they have made over the past four years has been amazing. This is not a company that sits idle and is content with the status quo
ConsThe system is a little complex but I believe it's more to do with the novelty of it and all of its features.

By Zen Planner on April 2, 2019
Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the new features and updates!
March 28, 2019
Alyssa R.
May 4, 2017

“Best Customer Service On The Planet”

OverallSanity.
ProsZen Planner seamlessly integrates everything we need as a gym. Although there are still key features we would like, what is there works well and allows us to keep all customer data and interactions in one place, which makes our life easier. Perhaps most importantly, best customer service on the planet. No matter how small an issue, they respond immediately. And when we recently had an ENORMOUS problem, that was totally our fault, our rep worked on it over the weekend for us. He saved our sanity, and thousands of dollars. I can't imagine that kind of service anywhere else.
ConsMy only real gripes are things that don't exist and need to. I would like my members to be able to purchase retail items and check-in using their app. Both of these features exist in the staff app, but not the member app. Also, I would like an option to NOT have a gender field at registration. I find the gender binary pointless and it's offensive to our trans and nonconforming clients.
Jayne Y.
May 30, 2019

“Great Software, Even Better Customer Support!”

OverallIf I ever have an issue with the software, or a question on how to do something (like create a custom report) the customer support is always outstanding.
Pros I have been using Zen for 10 years. The program is so easy to use & I am always finding new things to do with it.
ConsWhen creating reports for attendance or payment history for a client, I would love to have our business name show at the header.

By Zen Planner on June 4, 2019
Thank you Jayne, we appreciate the kind words!
May 30, 2019
Alejandro L.
Owner / Director of Sports Performance
May 11, 2017

“Awesome and they continue to work to add new and wanted fuctionality ”

OverallOne stop shop for managing my business. Automation. And the ability to do a lot with little or no staff.
ProsEasy to use, easy to manage. It has a great modern look and they don't try to bundle everything in one app. They have different apps for sing in, staff use, and member. I love the reports, and the face check in. Easy to find athletes by their face. Great for when you have new staff. It truly is a great bundle for workout tracking, integration with current website, and integration with marketing emails. All things other companies charge extra for. I would and have recommended this software to other gym and martial art owners.
ConsThe apps are great for managing but missing some fuctionality such as being able to schedule privates on the app. They where missing staff clicks in, retail sales but they have recently added those. Hard to find much I dislike and what I do they don't seem to be standing still, adding new function all the time.
May 11, 2017
Justin O.
Owner / CEO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Workhorse”

Overallzenplanner does exactly what you need a CRM tool to do most, it manages your current customers. Sure it integrates well for other uses such as lead capture, retail purchases, payroll, etc. Bit what I love is that it never fails at what we really need it to do, allow our service to be used by our customers, collect payments and evaluate customer data, allowing us to retain more members.
ProsReporting capabilities are immense allowing us to evaluate our business' performance metrics and understand exactly what to focus on improving. Customer service is the best out of any service our business uses.
ConsIt is very hard to learn how to use on your own. But, if you take the initiative to ask for help and training, the staff will teach you and save you hundreds of frustrating hours.

By Zen Planner on July 24, 2019
Thank you for the good words, Justin!
Chris A.
Gym Owner
May 31, 2019

“Constantly surprises and improves”

ProsThe more I learn about this software (partly due to their fantastic customer help team) the more I love it and the more it gives me back time! I still think I have barely scratched the service In its capabalities and I'm excited to learn more.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve but thats the same for all software. The basics at first is all you will need.

By Zen Planner on June 4, 2019
Thanks Chris, we think our support team is pretty fantastic too!
May 31, 2019
PENNY K.
OWNER
August 13, 2019

“ABOUT ZENPLANNER”

OverallTHEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CAN SOLVE BASICALLY ANY PROBLEM WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE SOFTWARE. THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU NEED THEM AND SO HELPFUL.
ProsTHAT IT MAKES MY JOB EASIER BY AUTOMATING PROCESSES
ConsDOESN'T HAVE ALL THE FEATURES I NEED. ALSO TOO HARD TO LEARN ALL THE FEATURES SO I'M NOT MAXIMIZING IT'S FEATURES. THERE ARE LIMITED ON BOARDING SESSIONS SO WHEN THEY STOPPED, SO DID MY LEARNING

By Zen Planner on September 9, 2019
Thank you, Penny! We think our customer service team is pretty great as well!
August 13, 2019
Juan Ignacio C.
GM
July 25, 2019

“Best Customer Service I ever experienced”

OverallI run all my programs, classes and appointments. I also use it to bill my customers and record all my expenses. It is a perfect solution for a gym of sport facility, we are a fencing club with over 100 active members.
ProsIt covers all my needs, but the best part of it is the Customer Service. They helped me for every step over the implementation and they have always been available over the 3 years I have used the SW to solve all my questions. It is not only about issues but also about functionality questions. They are super friendly and useful.
ConsThe SW is very good, sometimes I would have preferred a few things to be organized differently but it is not a good deal.

By Zen Planner on September 9, 2019
Thanks for the review, Juan! We'll be sure to pass along your kind words to our customer service team.
July 25, 2019
Colin D.
April 7, 2019

“Solid software, great support.”

OverallZen Planner takes care of our membership tracking, payments, scheduling. It can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.
ProsWe've used Zen Planner in our gym for six years, and it's been pretty uneventful overall - which is what you want with such software. It does its job with a minimum of drama. Any issues we've had have been dealt with in a timely fashion. We do not use the workout programming feature (we went with SugarWOD for that), so I can't comment on that particular feature.
ConsZen Planner is good about making constant improvements, but there have been some things over the years that are a bit clunky and not necessarily intuitive to use. It's likely a function of building incremental improvements into existing software rather than starting with a clean slate.

By Zen Planner on April 9, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Colin!
April 7, 2019
gavin v.
Owner/ Head Coach
July 2, 2019

“Best we've seen...”

OverallSuper simple and easy to use.
ProsThe customer service is top notch. They are super responsive and helpful and see each situation through in a very comprehensive fashion.
ConsOnly complaints I have are really due to the learning curve which isn't high. I just need more experience with FOH systems like this.

Thank you, Gavin!
July 2, 2019
Shelly J.
May 8, 2019

“martial arts use”

OverallThe customer service has been great in helping us resolve issues and work around systems that aren't quite what we need.
ProsWe like that we can track student count/growth, attendance, belt ranking, finances, and appointments all in one place.
ConsThe calendar is not easy to use and often leads to errors if you don't follow certain steps.

By Zen Planner on May 10, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Zen Planner, Shelly!
May 8, 2019
Dennis F.
Owner/Master Instructor
April 4, 2019

“The best customer service crew on the planet!”

OverallEvery (and I mean EVERY) time I contact customer support, I am astounded at not only the response speed, but in the quality and thoroughness of the help I get. Their support techs are incredibly helpful and friendly. I am always blown away at the level of service and support I get from them.
ProsI like that it is very easy to set up and use. From the daily dashboard to the automated messages and prospect funnel, the system is set up to save time (and $$). The website integration is also very easy and I have yet to discover the limits of their robust reporting system.
ConsThat there is so much available that I probably only use a small percentage of its functionality.

By Zen Planner on May 7, 2019
Thank you Dennis! We're happy to hear you're loving our customer advocate team. We think they're pretty great, too :)
April 4, 2019
Marlene A.
Owner, Director
May 13, 2019

“Best Customer Service”

OverallWhile there have been a few limitations to booking appointments as well as classes, Zen Planner still makes it possible to juggle and offer both seemlessly. Clients can manage their schedules and payments online which allows me to focus on other important matters.
ProsThis software is easy to learn, implement and user friendly. Super easy integration and the customer service is outstanding! They are regularly updating and upgrading features and respond positively to feature requests and feedback. Easily have the best software on the market in my industry and I'm not sure why more people do not choose Zen Planner.
ConsSome minor limitations such as color typology features on the mobile app have been limited and app functions such as calendar syncing and calendar default settings restricted.

By Zen Planner on May 14, 2019
Glad to hear you're happy with Zen Planner, Marlene! We appreciate the feedback.
May 13, 2019
Sarah S.
August 15, 2018

“Great System”

OverallZenPlanner has been very reliable and does what we want it to except for the odd issue. Sometimes I get so frustrated I want to switch providers but then realize that the other providers still aren't as good as ZP so I just have to stick it out. If they increased their speed at which they fixed bugs and/or simple features then I would be a very happy customer.
ProsIt's a great CRM for a small fitness facility. From reviews from competitors, it appears to be the best however I haven't personally tried the others. The Chat feature is great to be able to quickly message with employees when I have questions or concerns.
ConsThey are very slow to fix bugs and/or simple features. It's almost like they don't even have tech employees to fix these things.
August 15, 2018
Reenie M.
June 5, 2017

“Outstanding customer service as always. ”

OverallIt helps me automate and streamline my systems and processes. I only wish it had the capacity for me to plop in all my expenses. Then, It would be golden! I would be able to replace my accounting software and have everything all in one place.
ProsIt's ease of use. It is laid out in a simplistic format that is easy to navigate. The customer service team is outstanding. They always go above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction with the platform.
ConsThe lack of text feature but that has now been rectified for Cdn customers. The only other less than desirable thing about the platform is the tiered billing. Personally, I truly don't see a need to have different billing if I have 50 students or 75. It should be one flat rate straight across.
June 5, 2017
Al D.
Owner/Instructor
May 17, 2019

“Easy to use, Easy to learn - Better than MindBody”

OverallWhen I opened my studio I initially used MindBody. I was already accustomed to it when I taught at other studios, I only used it to check in students and process payments. When I purchased it for my studio I found it lacking in reporting and processing fees for credit cards payments were higher than others.
ProsSimple to learn and easy to use. It has everything you need to manage a yoga studio. Multiple reporting options. Easy access for my students.
ConsThe only thing I would like is a lower price.

By Zen Planner on May 20, 2019
Thanks for the feedback Al! Glad Zen Planner is working well for your studio.
May 17, 2019
October 16, 2017

“Good for very simple gym businesses, bad for everything else.”

ProsZP lets us schedule and bill clients in one place. It spits out reasonably useful accounting summaries and can handle some email automations.
ConsThis software is the worst part of my job. Do not be fooled by their slick sales staff: this cannot perform most of the functions advertised. It can, but only in a perfect world where you gym runs exactly as ZP imagines it. In this imaginary perfect world, you'd need a team of administrators working full-time to keep your database up-to-date and functioning. Our gym runs about 250 sessions per week. That's either classes or PT. They're all different. ZP's workout builder does not work for this. We were spending ~3 hours per day inputting workouts. It could not scale. So now we do not track workouts in the software. We see 100 leads per week and run free trials to get them into the gym. ZP's various 'prospect' systems cannot handle this. They are not manipulatable enough to handle the different types of trials we'd like to offer. Doing so, again, would take a team of administrators. We now use a separate sales software for everyone on trial. ZP goes down most days for 1-2 hours. 5-6 days per week. Just no software to run the gym. No attendance tracked, no bills processed, no member questions answered. ZP's calendar never works on the first try. Literally. When I click on a staff member's calender I wait 15sec for the software to reload the full gym calendar with no changes. Then I click the staff member a second time, wait another 15sec, and only then am I rewarded with his/her calendar. With 28 staff this is not working.

By Zen Planner on October 20, 2017
I¿m sorry to hear your experience with Zen Planner has been less than ideal. We'd like to offer help to ensure your database is set up efficiently and give you a direct point of contact for the issues you have brought to our attention. Please reach out to our retention expert, Nick Deprez at nick.deprez@zenplanner.com, to get set up as your review is anonymous and we are unable to reach you directly. In response to your note about down time: we diligently track the down time of our software and are currently at 99.87% availability. This would not be possible if we were down at the rate you described. I¿ve passed your feedback about our feature compatibility and sales to our Sales Team to review and ensure we maintain transparency and honesty in our sales process.
October 16, 2017
Kris H.
April 13, 2017

“Very poor software with appalling customer service”

OverallWe are a martial arts school who used the software for 3 years, on the basis that while the software didn't do everything we were looking for they were putting in product feature requests to make improvements, and to fix the many bugs in the software. After 3 years they finally came back with: "I do not have a timeline for release on features that you have suggested. Any changes or additions we make to Zen Planner need to be commonly requested, and fit into the Product Team's vision for our software. As a result, some features you have requested may never be implemented." However I have seen many other martial arts schools request similar changes. So after initially promising everything to get you signed up, they then back track if you keep following up with them trying to get a straight answer. Continuing to try and hold them to account results in: "Zen Planner is not for everyone, and it's important that you find a system that works for you. This message is providing you with notice that your Zen Planner account will be closed" and I have also heard from several other users that this has happened to them as well. So they misrepresent their software, then promise to get it working, take your money - and you invest a significant amount of time setting it up, and then more time every week doing manual workarounds waiting for a fix they never intended to make. Then they just cancel your membership without giving you enough time to transition everything, particularly changing over your billing for members. Some of the issues are: parents signing up their kids for martial arts classes is very difficult and confusing for members. They can't use the same email for their children - who can be too young to even have their own email - and then automated emails don't send as there is no email for the member. When they try it often results in an error and they try signing up multiple times, bloating the database with duplicate registrations and memberships, which are tedious and difficult to combine, that cause errors while completing. I ended up doing more admin to fix this than signing them up manually. Then booking classes for kids is so difficult I ended up doing it manually for parents. Also a main feature they promote is be belt progress skill tracking - this is designed for entering a single workout for a cross fit box, and so trying to enter results and comments for a grading against all the skills is totally unusable.
ProsFor existing members, once you have gone through the lengthy set up process, it processes payments automatically for you, but making changes is very difficult. It is easier to just use the payment gateway provider directly and use a manual system to track it. They did have financial reporting - but I found them to be more trouble than they were worth, but I am a Chartered Accountant and might just have standards that are above minimalistic offering available on Zen Planner.
ConsIt is extreemley difficult for parents to book classes for their kids, especially for more than one child, for more than one day - as the calendar defaults to the parent -with no classes as they don't have a membership. They need to change to the first child then click on one class then reserve a place, then go back to the start for the next class & child. Also for automations to work the child needs an email entered, and you can't use the same email as the parent, or link them to the parent. Apparently this change is too difficult as many members asked, but they won't fix it. When the automations don't work, parents think there is an error and start another registration, which creates many duplicate records in the database. Manually combining them, updating profiles, and manually sending the "automated" emails takes more time than just doing it manually. The skill tracking system is also very badly designed, it is almost unusable, and takes a huge amount of time to enter if you want to record results against all the skills a martial arts student needs to know in a single session, such as a grading or pre-grading. Members can't even see what skills they need to pass if no results are previously entered, or a summary of their skills.
Recommendations to other buyersSince moving our attendance tracking and booking back to a manual excel system I have saved a huge amount of administration time, and I also don't need to pay a monthly subscription! I would recommend not using this software, as they misrepresent their features, then promise to fix them, but then after taking your money for several years, they then come back and say they aren't going to fix all the bugs, and just cancel your subscription.
April 13, 2017
Diane M.
Owner/manager
May 23, 2019

“Getting started ”

OverallWe are now in the process of building our website and it's content. Zen Planner has made this difficult process so much smoother. I have heard horror stories from other gym owners that didn't go with Zen Planner. I'm thankful everyday that I made the decision to go with them. Best choice ever!
ProsWe are opening a brand new Jiu Jitsu academy and this has been a whole new experience for us. I'm not very computer savvy, but EVERYONE at Zen Planner has been so helpful and made this so easy for someone like me. I'm very happy with this company.
ConsI have had nothing but good experiences with Zen Planner!

By Zen Planner on May 28, 2019
Glad to hear you're happy with Zen Planner, Diane! We appreciate the feedback.
May 23, 2019
Andrew N.
August 28, 2018

“Way less complaints than other owners”

OverallIt's been positive. It's better than previous software, I'd like more, but from other conversations I've had and things I hear about other apps I am not sure that there is much better.
ProsIt's makes a lot of sense to use. Some things aren't obvious necessarily at first, but once you get there it all makes sense.
ConsIt feels pretty limited in reporting. Not because it actually is, but more because the options for them are too specific. Workout tracking is kind of a joke. It hasn't been updated since it premiered and it's not "fun" for members to use at all. We've since switched workout tracking to sugar WoD.
August 28, 2018
Rodrigo R.
April 26, 2018

“Very disappointing ”

ProsHave been with Zen Planner since 2015, it is very user friendly. Costumer service was not bad up until something started to go wrong.
Cons Unfortunately they have some flaws that for some reason sometimes they multiple charge my students or don't charge at all. It will happen once in a while and when that happen, their customer service become very slow and dismissive, they will send you to the processor and the processor will send you back to them. For instance, now, I have been asking to talk to a supervisor for days and they simply don't call and when I call to reach someone no one is ever available. It is very unfortunate because as I said the system is very user friendly, but they are not trust worth. Following up: Zen Planner gave me notice of cancellation after I refused to remove this review. Based on the problems I have had with them, I already had in mind and was searching for a more reliable system. Unfortunately I was forced to do it rushed, I have been trusting all my billing transactions and contacts to Zen Planner, and this transfer process does take a long time. one of the supervisors dealt with this situation very unprofessionally, focusing on make me remove my review rather then fix the real issue, treatned a few times and finally just gave me notice. I have never seen this before... I can't stress enough that you can't trust such important information for your business in such hands.
April 26, 2018
Rae W.
Coach and Owner
May 18, 2017

“Brilliant, from the first meeting, to 4 years later, just outstanding every day. ”

OverallToo many to mention. We couldn't run out business without it. No other software can compare with Zen planners functionality.
Prosthe customer service. You ask anything and they will ALWAYS get back to you. They ALWAYS sort out your concern. There is so much you can do with the software, from accounting, to wod planning, to staffing, appointments everything. The back end functionality is brilliant. The automations available that free up so much time for other things are outstanding. Its just so versatile and can be customised to exactly what you need it to be.
May 18, 2017
Ryan T.
Personal Trainer
October 9, 2018

“Needs a better app ”

ProsSupport team is great, and really helps in the on boarding process. They are very fast in response time and give many options for helping solve situations.
ConsScheduling ahead of the current week is a little confusing. The calendar keeps jumping back to the current week whenever a new appointment is added ahead. Also cannot add appointments within the day. A little confusing and not the most efficient. The app is terrible. No ability to schedule clients (at least as far as I have been able to do) and is pretty overall useless to me.

By Zen Planner on October 10, 2018
Hey Ryan, thanks for your feedback. We're happy to share you can now schedule appointments in Staff App! Check out the tutorial here: https://help.zenplanner.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005456213
October 9, 2018
taylor V.
Owner/ Instructor
May 23, 2017

“Incredible!”

ProsBest Support Team!!! they seriously rock and has helped me trouble shoot all issues I've had over the phone or over quick emails. Anything i didn't know how to do they were super helpful and worked so hard to help me implement their software and making things very easy. Allows me to filter my classes, students and programs very easily. Beautiful Website integration (similar to mindbody but easier to use for customer) Keeps track of how much a client owes me and allows me to create a parole for my employees. I own a Holistic wellness center that does everything from Yoga and martial arts to acupuncture and energy work and zen planner allows us to manage everything smoothly while keeping track of all of our clients with ease. If your looking for a scheduling software i highly recommend this software. Has really taken a weight off my shoulders as a business owner and let me focus on more important thing.
ConsThe initial set up of the program is a little difficult, it was hard to navigate through at first but again, awesome support team that explained it very well. Only other con is that the website integration is a little difficult and not as pretty on mobile.
May 23, 2017
Camille D.
April 21, 2017

“Great service”

OverallI have been using Zen Planner for a couple of years. It has many awesome features. As my business is growing I am finding more features in Zen Planner that help with that process. I feel they always listen to your suggestions and really try to work on giving the customer the features they are asking for. The service is 2nd to none. They always help until your questions or issues are resolved. They are awesome.
ProsAll the tracking and reports you can pull.
ConsIt acts erratically sometimes.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen assigning online calendar settings such as how many days previous can you sign up etc. I wish you could change the these based on each class. Now it applies to all classes held.
April 21, 2017
Craig S.
Gym owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified
February 27, 2017

“Zen Planner...SMH”

OverallAs someone who isnt great in the deep magical world of computers...Zen planner was supposed to make things easier. My first appointment... the person was late for the on boarding (teaching me how to use software). They were also late for the second on but notified me this time. There were small billing issues and the support I recieved to correct situations was beyond useless. The relationship ended by them canceling my account out with only an email and refusal to get on the phone with me to explain themselves. This sounds disgruntled ... I know. There are a few people I know who have had the same experience. The company has a great base but didnt personally deal with me very well. My gym will close now because I have no way to bill my customers that dont come in daily
ProsThe concept is good
ConsIt difficutl to use cause the training on using it is very laxed
February 27, 2017
Colin V.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2019

“Focus on what you do....and let Zenn Planner allow you to do so”

OverallGreat
ProsLike minded integration that makes prospecting, enrolling and managing client understandable and user friendly for staff and end users.
ConsI have nothing negative to report on this product

By Zen Planner on September 9, 2019
Thanks for the kind words, Colin!
July 24, 2019
Jordan B.
Manager of CrossFit KMC
May 22, 2019

“Quick and Efficient”

OverallZen Planner is allowing our gym facility to keep track of attendance, memberships, member retention, etc. In addition, it also provides a great way to track member workouts and with the integrating SugarWOD, it will make this process even better.
ProsThe software has so many components to it that it can be intimidating at first, but each component has an explanation of how to use it. This makes for an easy learning experience.
ConsThe mass email component is difficult to navigate.

By Zen Planner on May 23, 2019
Thanks for the review Jordan! We love to hear that Zen Planner is helping you run your facility smoothly.
May 22, 2019
Dave R.
December 14, 2018

“ZenPlanner”

OverallZp helped me create and manage clients and billing them monthly. I've been using it since about 2008, so 10 years or so. It has gotten better over time and I've only had trouble with once or twice. It's a solid system
ProsWhen it first came out it was ahead of everyone else. It still has a lot of features but it needs a facelift
ConsThe scheduling system needs to be reworked and overall it needs a facelift. There are many excellent alternatives to ZP out there that can do everything ZP can and then some with a much more user-friendly interface
December 14, 2018
Charley S.
Health coach
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
May 20, 2019

“Spoke to a real person when their servers went down in the middle of the day. ”

OverallOver all it has been very good.
ProsSoftware is simple to use and has a couple of good tools for running the business. As a health coach I can check my phone to see much of the information that I need. The real issue that I am leaving a review about is this... When I was in the middle of a busy work day, I all of a sudden could not see my schedule or sign in. I called a number and spoke to a real person who gave me the situation and told me worse case scenario of when it might be up. I would have been very aggravated had I not spoken to a real person in such a bad situation. It was very comforting.
ConsThe calendar is a little simplistic as well as some of the features with seeing the clients apts.

By Zen Planner on May 22, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience, Charley!
May 20, 2019
Ang Z.

“Zen Planner”

OverallOverall I like Zen Planner. The customer service is fantastic which is good because I usually have a lot of questions. If they made the help option more helpful with more key words included in search I think that would help.
ProsThe customer service is A+! I also like the easily to read Calendar.
ConsVery hard to figure out on own without help. Things that you would think is logical isn't. Setting up, deleting class series and programs is difficult. Billing and financial also seems to have a mind of its own. I know a lot of this is human error but I've worked with other office programs that are much easier to figure out.

By Zen Planner on July 24, 2019
Thank you, Ang! We'll pass along your kind words to our customer service team!
Michelle K.
Personal Trainer/Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
July 3, 2019

“Great product with amazing customer support!”

OverallI'm still playing around with it and learning all the in's and out's of ZP. When I'm really stuck, I can always call and get my specific question answered.
ProsThere are a number of reports we can create to analyze all aspects of the business and clientele.
ConsThe Zen Planner Staff App is quite limited in what it can do, so we wish it had a few more capabilities.

By Zen Planner on July 24, 2019
Thank you, Kim! Keep an eye out for some new mobile app functionality coming out soon!
Nick H.
February 19, 2019

“Zen Planner Rocks!”

OverallThe best part of Zen Planner is the amazing customer service. Every time I call they are super friendly, very knowledgeable about the product, and just awesome to work with. I've called them probably 20 times and never had a bad experience or talked to anyone that wasn't super positive and friendly.
ProsI love how you can use minimal features of Zen Planner and keep it very easy to use will still doing everything necessary to run your business. At the same time, you can expand on the features as you get more comfortable and experienced with it.
ConsI have nothing bad to say about the software.

By Zen Planner on February 21, 2019
Thanks Nick!
February 19, 2019
Elizabeth T.
Admin
May 2, 2017

“Customer Service is stellar which goes a long way!”

OverallBetter knowledge of client retention and value versus using the age-old Excel Spreadsheets
ProsThe many ways to move from one area to another. There are SO many ways to customize reports to your liking and integrate with other software. And I love the icons chosen for each area of the program. It's helpful when first learning. We still have much to learn, but that's to be expected as it's an all-in-one. It'll take awhile.
ConsMembership sign up can have a few more steps than we prefer and can be tricky learning to input so reports are accurate later on down the line. This is where their customer service makes up for that. They are always SUPER friendly and very helpful! I never dread calling and always get off the phone a happy client.
May 2, 2017
Beach House C.
partner
June 1, 2019

“Excellent Product”

OverallIt is invaluable in daily business
ProsCustomer Service, Ease of Use, Interface, Education
ConsNothing to say negative. That would be unproductive anyway. Focus on the good!

By Zen Planner on June 7, 2019
Thanks for the kind words, Beach House CrossFit!
June 1, 2019
Ben B.
Owner & Head Coach
May 5, 2017

“Absolutely fantastic!”

OverallI completely run my entire gym and business with this software.
ProsFor business and client management, nothing is better! Zen Planner's customer service is second to none. Hands down the best in the business!
ConsI would love to see improvements in the workout tracking. I need to be able to differentiate different levels of performance, i,e; RX, Scaled 1, Scaled 2, Scaled 3, etc..
May 5, 2017
Lara S.
April 23, 2017

“Love ZenPlanner”

OverallWe've used them for years and has seen the functionality of the software expand based on the market demand. Easy to use. Cost effective and top notch customer service.
ProsEasy to use but has a ton of functionality.
ConsWhen there is something in trying to figure out how to do sometimes I find that the online support is outdated. When that happens I just write them a note and I get a response within a hour though.
April 23, 2017
Andrea K.
VP of Operations and Customer Comfort
February 21, 2019

“Satisfied Customer”

OverallThis is a great attendance and bill tracker. My members find it easy to schedule classes. Customer Service is satisfactory. There is one Zen Planner rep. She has answered my call a few times. She is extremely, patient, kind, and caring. She's a great teacher. She walks you through the solution and makes sure you know how to troubleshoot. Her exceptional approach to customer service makes Zen Planner worth every dime.
ProsThe ease of building reports. The ease of scheduling a class on the member side.
ConsMinor glitches. One example. My members should receive one alert when their payment is declined. However, some receive an alert everyday until they pay. That is annoying for the members and makes us look like we're harassing them.

By Zen Planner on February 22, 2019
Happy to hear it, Andrea!
February 21, 2019
Jenna B.
Manager - Marketing Communications
Package/Freight Delivery, 1001-5000 employees
November 28, 2018

“Looking for a switch from MindBodyOnline? This is it!”

ProsZen Planner is much, much easier to use for the type of business my husband and I run. As a business owner, my husband needed an app that helped him stay focused and was easy to use and that's exactly what this switch has allowed him to do! I personally love it because it connects with MailChimp and allows email subscribers to directly sync with ZenPlanner and vice versa. I could go on and on but the summary is, this app has improved the way we track client data, retention, our schedule and even our employees. (The clock in and clock out function is so helpful!)
ConsI think emailing clients out of the ZenPlanner could be a bit better designed. The function itself works but it's not as simple to use as the rest of the system.

By Zen Planner on January 21, 2019
Thanks, Jenna! We're happy to hear Zen Planner is helping you simplify and improve your business.
November 28, 2018
Robert S.
May 15, 2017

“Overall great experience. ”

ProsCustomer service is always top notch. If representative can't answer your question, they'll research and provide a solution usually by the end of the day.
ConsWhen communicating with prospects, it's very helpful to create email automations. The thing I like least about the app as is its current inability to allow files to be attached to emails.
May 15, 2017
Mike L.
Owner/Head Instructor
July 20, 2016

“Had high hopes, customer service was much to be desired.”

OverallWhen we started to expand our Taekwon-Do school I had to divide and conquer with my current 2 black belts. They would teach nights I had to be at another location. After reviewing many different membership tracking softwares and website I was torn between MindBody and Zen Planner. I found MindBody lacking in some areas and liked the look of Zen Planner (plus it was compatible with iOS and Android, since we 3 black belts had both. Once I made my 1st initial payment and took the 1st 2-3 set-up classes it took over a month for customer service to help me upload my students into the database. At first I tried myself but was just taking way too long. When I asked customer service they told me to send it in a specific format (which I did convert from Excel). When I did send the file, I didn't hear anything for days. Emailed back after 2-3 days and customer service told me it was the wrong format. So I reformatted and sent again. After that fiasco I didn't feel like paying $70 a month for subpar customer service and cancelled my subscription.
ProsLots of options to make online accounting, marketing and attendance easier.
ConsMaybe too much to choose from. Interface is very confusing at times. Customer service is the worst for the amount you pay per month.
July 20, 2016
Matt J.
Operations Manager
May 9, 2019

“This system is decent”

OverallKeeping track of active members and their attendance is amazing!! as well as customizing their profiles!!
Prosthe way it keeps everything in order. the different stats you can keep track of... Reports are easy to run. Customer Support is amazing.
ConsIt's not always easy to find things. Always having to call customer support to figure stuff out. It isn't very user friendly when it comes to certain things.

By Zen Planner on May 23, 2019
Hey Matt, thanks for your feedback! We think our Customer Success team is pretty amazing too :)
May 9, 2019
LJ P.
May 4, 2017

“Robust system with lots of options”

OverallAll the things I need to run my business in one system.
ProsI like that I have a lot of control. Everything is pretty simple to use. If you've ever used a website, you can use this system. They are also very helpful and friendly when asking for support.
ConsI strongly dislike the user end website. It is usable, but most people just download the app to use instead of the website. Sadly, that's not an option until a staff member signs the user up or the user signs up on the website.
Bennie C.
Certified Mobility and Performance Coach
September 4, 2019

“Best Management Software - TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SUPPORT TEAM!”

OverallIt has been beautiful so far.
ProsThis is a very complex site and most people will hop on and start doing day to day without building their structures around the actual software. This is a beautifully made system, the apps definitely need work and more ease of use, functionality, but the desktop version is beautiful. NO issues, what so ever. Use the onboarding staff to help you set up shop, and call support with any questions you have. Our onboarding staff member (yes, you!) has been a blessing in disguise for us and our own growth within the fitness industry. Use your resources. You will need them. When you add anything new, especially with staff, make sure you know the in's and out's of your systems.
ConsThe apps are very functional, and need improvement. Especially on the prospect side of things.

By Zen Planner on September 9, 2019
Thanks so much for you review, Bennie! We'll be sure to let our onboarding team know that they are doing a great job!
September 4, 2019