Acronis Backup Cloud Ratings

Overall
3.6/5

About Acronis Backup Cloud

Acronis Backup Cloud is a powerful, hybrid cloud backup solution for service providers that protects more than 20 platforms, anytime, anywhere, faster than anyone else. With zero upfront costs and a pay-as-you-go licensing model, you can easily attract new customers and realize incremental revenues with a service that puts you in control. Learn more about Acronis Backup Cloud

Jeff E.
ERP Software Implementation Specialist
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 19, 2018

“Set it, Forget it, and Know That Your Important Data is Backup Up”

OverallI've been using Acronis backup products for nearly a decade, and their Cloud backup solution for about two years. I use it on a few computers, and it works very well on all of them! I typically use it to create a full image backup to a USB drive when I first get (and configure) a new computer, and then do automatic, file-level backups to the cloud on a daily basis.
ProsAcronis Backup Cloud is straight-forward to install and setup on your computer, then runs quietly in the background, and includes robust ransomware detection. It also has a cloud-based management console which allows you to manage and restore from your web browser. There are some great plans for those of us who want to use it on multiple computers. I also called their support to handle a minor issue, and they got it resolved very quickly for me.
ConsThe only thing that I wish was better, is using the web-based management console to mange backups that from multiple computers. It seems like it groups all of the files together in a mass, single directly, and I'd like to see this be able to be separated by computer name, etc.
September 19, 2018
Matt C.
December 20, 2017

“Overall great product and service! User interface needs a little tweaking.”

OverallThe software has allowed my company to backup and restore critical client data, when computers and servers decide to stop functioning. You can restore data to another device with different hardware without a problem. You can also restore directly from the cloud servers, so it saves a lot of time, stress, lost productivity and lost profit.
ProsThe software works very well. It protects our companies and clients data. Easy to restore data from local or through the internet with boot media. Easy to install the backup client and setup reoccurring backup schedules. The data backed up is always complete and not corrupted. Would recommend the software to anyone!
ConsThe web portal interface needs a little tweaking. For example, to increase or decrease the storage space available to a user, you have to change it in 2 spots, not just one. So, if you don't do it in both, the size with remain as it is. Also, the interface locks up and stops responding at times. For the value the software offers, I will deal with the cons!
December 20, 2017
Derek I.
vCIO & Founder
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 3, 2018

“3-2-1 Backup is not optional for self-employed”

OverallI have Acronis installed on 5 devices: 2 smartphones, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops. which is perfect for me, my business, and personal backups. great product for self-employed!
ProsAcronis has always been an industry standard with imaging and ease of use. I have been using a version of the product since 2005! Software has a small footprint, easy to install, easy to use, and it just works.
ConsPricing over the years has varied, and when the Acronis Cloud product first came out, it was unlimited storage, and the following year, it was discontinued and storage costs drove the pricing. I get it about storage, but also dislike the fact that I have to maintain the software, storage, files ect versus the set-it-and-forget-it capability I had gotten used to.
October 3, 2018
Tyler L.
Technical Support Specialist
December 19, 2017

“It's a pretty robust software that's easy to set up and customize to each customer.”

OverallIt's so much more customizable and flexible than other backup software we've used in the past, and offers much easier management. I get email alerts if there are more than 3 days with a backup failure, and can see what the error message was within the email so if it was something like a disc not being connected, I don't have to log in to the management software or the server, I can just give the office a call and check in with them.
ProsYou can easily tailor it to exactly your specific needs, and adjust those over time without having to remake the entire backup plan.
ConsThe latest update made the management interface a lot slower to load and to navigate. While it's clean and logical where things are located, it's just slower than it used to be, and requires drilling down through multiple layers, adding loading after loading. This occurs on all computers within our office and at my home office, and here we're getting 359.9 down and 73.1 up, so I really can't imagine it's an issue on my end. Hopefully this is fixed in a future update of the management portal.
Peter S.
Staff Accountant/IT
Accounting, 11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“No news is good news”

OverallPeace of mind!
ProsI like that I don't have to think about my backups being done. I used to have to manually back up to a hard drive then I moved to a more automated system but still had to baby sit it. With Acronis I don't have to do anything unless I get an email saying there is some sort of problem. I have Acronis managing my onsite as well as offsite backups and I love knowing that my critical data is safe.
ConsSometimes the error messages I receive from a failed backup are a little confusing/unclear. There will be times when a backup runs for several hours and then I get an email saying there was not enough free space on my local backup machine. Couldn't it have predicted that ahead of time by simply running a size query for the target backup as well as the source?
March 13, 2018
Dan G.
Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer
May 7, 2019

“Acronis is the best of the bunch, after using many others in production”

OverallOverall, Acronis Backup Cloud is easy to deploy and manage. I wish some of the reporting was better, though, as it can be difficult to sort through some of the alerts. But you can visually glance at the dashboard looking for red lines, and you know where you stand.
ProsIt's incredibly versatile. You can back up to any location, whether it be their cloud, your own cloud, a local NAS, a BDR of your choosing, network location, etc., etc., all under the same agent.
ConsThe webpage loads really slowly, which can be frustrating.
May 7, 2019
Chase R.
Technician
December 29, 2017

“Customer service is an absolute joke and near impossible to get a response in a timely manner.”

OverallA solid backup solution when it works. Once it works it tends to stay working. The only issues is if it's not working, you will have to figure it out on your own, next to no support!
ProsThe software does exactly what it was made for and fairly straightforward to use. Recovery is very quick and seamless.
ConsNot necessarily the software, but the support is almost non-existent. We put in tickets and it takes days to get responses. Probably the worst customer service we've ever experienced. As a business partner, you think you would get back to them in a timely manner when they are having issues with the backups not working a little faster than within 4 to 5 DAYS!
Jason M.
Senior Technical Engineer
December 13, 2017

“Amazing experience best backup and disaster recovery solution on the market”

ProsCapability of restoring is on a next level, does not matter what it is Acronis can restore it in the event of a disaster. The ease of use when setting up is also a big plus as it is a few click and you are up and running backups.
ConsThere is no Acronis data center in South Africa, also no local support. Apart from that there is no cons to using the product it just works and does what I expect it to do. I would just recommend a stronger presence in South Africa as it is a big draw back.
December 13, 2017
Joshua R.
IT Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2019

“Solid backups, reliable restores ”

OverallOverall this has saved us a couple of time from human error that could have set up back a lot of hours of work.
ProsThe ability to dig into a backup and retrieve a file without having to download the entire backup is just awesome. I've used this feature multiple times and it's fantastic.
ConsThe admin layout took some getting used to, once you've got it, it's very functional and it makes sense, for me though it took me a couple of tries to grab hold of.
January 16, 2019
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
January 1, 2018

“Acronis Backup is a lifesaving backup solution.”

ProsWhat I like most is that the backups can be saved almost anywhere. If I have a large dataset, I can opt for physical data shipping so I can create the first job on a local NAS, ship to Acronis, and then incremental jobs will go over my pipe after that. It works flawlessly every time.
ConsWhat I like least is that I cannot go and fix some errors myself. I like to be hands on but due to the nature of Acronis BC, it can be difficult to find where the error may be originating from. That being said, Acronis support is amazing and more than happy to review my system logs to help me out.
Luke K.
Service Technician
December 19, 2017

“Acronis Cloud backup has been easy to configure, and a great product for our MSP customers!”

ProsAcronis has been easy to configure and reliable for offsite backup solution. The ability to integrate with RMM solutions has been greatly beneficial for our company and the companies we support. The reliability of the offsite backups, ease of restoration, and consistency of backups make this product one of the top on our list.
ConsCould use a little more direct customer support. Perhaps additional methods of initial seeding, but otherwise the product is pretty solid.
Internet, 51-200 employees
December 21, 2017

“We've been using Acronis Backup Cloud to backup VMs located in public cloud environments.”

ProsAgent deployments and updates are very straightforward, and the backup policy has just the right amount of configurable options without being overwhelming or confusing.
ConsThe API methods available are primarily focused on tenant/customer entity management vs. management of the actual backup policies and agents. This is on Acronis' road map however, and they've been making steady improvements since we began using the product.
David P.
Senior Field Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“Scaleable cloud backup solution”

ProsThe interface is unfussy and easy to install on clients. Offers lots of flexibility in backup schedules and destinations. The restore process is very simple and effective.
ConsCan be pricey depending on circumstances.
February 6, 2019
Jeremy M.
Sr Service Technician
December 19, 2017

“I have been using Acronis for years, the cloud feature is seamless and makes backups easy”

Prosthe unattended features offered, including the cloud backup storage and regular scheduling, make backups only a secondary concern
Consthe recovery process can often be slow , and a download may take more time than we would like for emergency situations
Brian R.
Facility Supervisor
Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees
April 2, 2019

“Acronis Cloud”

OverallLove the product! Easy to configure, backup, and restore.
ProsI have Fiber internet now and the upload of data to the cloud backup service is super quick and reliable. Restoring a backup was super helpful recently even though I had only lost a single file.
ConsInternet access is required and your backup and restore speeds are entirely dependent on the WAN network.
April 2, 2019
Mauro D.
Senior Analyst IT Administration
Dairy, 10,001+ employees
January 24, 2019

“Acronis simplicity”

OverallOne of the most straight forward and seamless imaging and backup software I've ever used. Anyone can use it
ProsThe simplicity of it using the software for personal or business use.
ConsNothing so far! I have never run into any issues using Acronis.
January 24, 2019
November 16, 2018

“Expensive at first glance, but worth it”

ProsThere are so many features, from ransomware active protection, to cloud disaster recovery, to even including a notary service using blockchain tech. Plus, features are being added continuously..
ConsSupport from Acronis themselves is hard to come by, so you'll need a local IT service provider that's been trained and is familiar with the product and it's features.
November 16, 2018
Razmig S.

“Great tool for MSP's!”

ProsVery flexible and easy to use. For the most part it is very reliable and fast. Switching from WSB to Acronis cloud gave us good management of all our cleint's backups.
ConsSometimes I think support could be a bit better but recently I have been having good experience. Wish they have Office 365 SharePoint support.
Jessy M.
Sr. Network Engineer
December 19, 2017

“The software itself is rather stable and overall very easy to work with.”

ProsEase of deployment and versatility. We can set it to backup anywhere or multiple locations very quickly. We love the fact that its cost is based on space used and not how many agents there are. We have some clients that have very little data but lots of agents, so this works perfectly
ConsOur customer Support (mspsupport@acronis.com) does NOT get back to us even days later. We need keep reaching out to get anything answered and support is highly unresponsive.
Peter B.
January 1, 2018

“All in one solution for both cloud and onsite backup.”

ProsThe ease of setup and cloud console for overview of backups makes it an ideal solution for engineers and administrators to deploy
ConsAbility to create customised reports for individual devices. At present option is not available to generate a usage report on a per device level.
Henry H.
Operations Manager

“Good Product”

ProsEasy to install. Easy to perform recovery. Works with older Apple OS. Allows for central management which is key for MSP Providers.
ConsWebsite is slow and needs to be more user friendly. Integration with Connectwise Automate needs work. Needs update to work with new Apple OS.
Ad P.
system engeneer
December 29, 2017

“Fine product, works good”

Proseasy to manage from every location, many way to backup, to usb disk and the cloud, easy to recover from USB disk, and in case of emergency to recover from cloud
Consrecover to other hardware is possible when there is an emergency (like fire ) you can recover from each location to other hardware
Tyler D.
CTO
May 31, 2018

“Amazing backup software.”

ProsDoes everything you need for a backup software. It even does more than that and all at an easy to use pricing structure.
ConsIt is designed for Service Providers, not end users. It can be confusing for users, but with the right support from an MSP it's fantastic.
May 31, 2018
Patrick L.
December 21, 2017

“The system is more or less easy to use, but pray not to run into any problems.”

ProsThe user interface has improved the most. Easy to handle and clean designed, you will find what you are looking for.
ConsTogether with the Hyper-V agent you always need some further "local" agents for Exchange or SQL. With this agents instlled the VM shows up twice (one from the local agent and one from Hyper-V agent). This confuses the user and it get worse when it comes to agent updates - there the one machine can show the actual version wehre the other remains on the pervious build. Mac agent still causes more problems than the Windows versions. When comes the XenServer integration as we have them for Hyper-V and Vmware??? I miss a link between the Alerts with the error logs and the support article in the Acronis knowledge base.

“Pretty good, so far. ”

ProsEasy integration with LabTech. Also, Agents can easily install on all OS out there. Console is clear to follow through the backup progress.
ConsWaiting for updates... I really want the Office 365 email backup fixed asap. Waiting for direct backup between Acronis and Office 365 than using agent on the server.
Gavin L.
Systems Administrator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1001-5000 employees
May 11, 2018

“Used the free license to support backup for 2 Hyper-V guests. ”

ProsFree to use with a lot of features. The administrator GUI is simple and just a few clicks you can set up the backup target and destination with different options. It does support Hyper-V and VMware as well. The customer support is awesome, they will help you right away once you have a chat or ticket open.
ConsNothing to complain about, had only one issue so far due to conflict of with the Windows Server Backup feature, but customer support was able to provide a solution.
May 11, 2018
Chris L.
Sr. UNIX Systems Admin
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
March 7, 2018

“We use Acronis in a small branch office.”

ProsEasy to setup and use. The administrative interface is intuitive and did not require significant admin training. Backup have been fast and reliable.
ConsThere were differences between the cloud and on-prem software options. We did not find the cloud option would scale to our larger offices.
March 7, 2018
Internet, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2017

“Acronis platform is good, we resell it and there is also good marketing/training support.”

ProsThe UI is fairly easy to navigate. Pricing decent, and it's nice to be able to back up multiple devices sharing one quota.
ConsSupport was better before the company was bought out, now we get to a call center and only get someone knowledgeable after our issue is escalated which wastes a lot of time.
Matt W.
Engineer
December 15, 2017

“Terrible QA with new features. Not worth the hassle”

ProsBasic functions are easy to use. If all you want to do is basic Backup its usable. The webinterface is easy to learn as long as its working that day.
ConsSoftware constantly has bugs and Acronis likes to implement new features that aren't ready. They often remove features and then tell us to "program" our own solution around it. As an MSP serving many customers, its not worth the trouble. When we had a critical restore that would not restore and we were told it was a "bug". A bug that means you can't restore is a deal breaker for a backup solution.
December 15, 2017
January 19, 2018

“Acronis has a great backbone and you can't beat the price. Alerting could be a bit better though.”

OverallWe saved a lot of money by switching to Acronis Backup Cloud. The price per GB is a lot lower than many of the competitors. Also, we can now virtualize servers from the backup without an additional cost, such as ShadowProtect which charges quite a bit for the same functionality.
ProsI like how easy it is to restore, or run as VM on supported machines. Also, this has an extremely high value for the cost. I would recommend Acronis to others.
ConsThe alert system and reporting system is cumbersome. Also, it requires a lot of clicks to get to where you want to be. This is bothersome when managing 200+ devices that need to be backed up. Finally, the support team - there are a couple of techs who are totally amazing (Evgeny), but others who may not review the ticket notes before working on an ongoing issue. The most important thing I would say should be addressed is the way that daily alerts are created.
January 19, 2018
Jennifer Y.
Dental Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 26, 2019

“Affordable and effective for small businesses”

ProsAcronis is a very stable backup system with encrypted backups that runs overnight. The dashboard is sleek and easy to find a backup. Acronis alerts you via email if it runs into any problems. It's amazing to not have to manually do the backups. Overall, a very effective product!
ConsWe have only tried the free trial at this time! Very happy with the results.
January 26, 2019
Lance E.
Director of PS
Chemicals, 51-200 employees

“It was geeat”

OverallGood backup plan
ProsIt allows me to build out my business continuity platform to make sure i have all of my backups in orser
ConsIt is hard for my admins to use. They are often on with support too frequently about the setup of success.
Rafael B.
storage and processing architect
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 29, 2017

“It has been a reliable tool”

ProsEasy Backups, Easy to administer console, friendly web interface, personalizabe, ready to use, simple update agents
ConsMaybe, a easy way to view de backups Jobs, that there were more agents for different platforms and applications
Mike W.
IT Tech
May 10, 2018

“Innovative Way for cloud backups”

ProsThe back-ups can be easily configured and stored in the cloud for easy access. The pay as you go takes away the struggle of installing all sorts of software. Flexibility.
ConsWas not easy to set up at first but managed to get it to work. The support could be a little better. It is also expensive. Good for large company solutions but not so forsmall businesses.
May 10, 2018
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
December 18, 2018

“Acronis Cloud for MSP”

ProsThe cloud interface is easy to use and well organized. Backup status and progress are intuitive and detailed.
ConsError codes do not always make sense and are not well described.
December 18, 2018
David R.
Cloud Engineer
December 19, 2017

“When it works, it's pretty good”

ProsThe agent installer comes as an MSI so it can be deployed via script/GPO. the installation procedure is very quick.
ConsWhen it works, it's decent. When it doesn't work, it's a disaster. The email notifications are nearly useless, with error messages that are cryptic at best; troubleshooting frequently requires assistance from support. Support is hit-or-miss, with initial (non-automated) response times running from a few hours to 2-3 days. It is possible for backups to be complete "successfully" but still be corrupted.
Chad S.
engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
December 19, 2017

“Works well most of the time, easy”

OverallWe got a cloud based console that help desk techs could use to easily manage customer backups. We feed that into Labtech and we have a pretty fault tolerant system to guarantee our customers good backups.
ProsThe ease of setting up a new job. A few clicks, and both local and cloud backups can be provisioned.
ConsThe difficulty of resolving issues if things don't work automatically. If changing the VSS provider doesn't work, then you are at the mercy of Ingram Micro's tech support, and they just relay issues back to Acronis and waste time.
Patrick B.
Senior Service Engineer
December 29, 2017

“Used Acronis for multiple clients. Works as expected.”

ProsEase of use, ability to ignore bad sectors for cloning drives, etc. Also allows for restore of file level backups
ConsInability to ignore bad sectors for clone activities. Only during backup operations. This has caused some headaches.
Bryan F.
Sr. Project Engineer
Legal Services, Unspecified
January 8, 2018

“Service has been much more successful at backup jobs since the recent updates.”

ProsEntirely cloud based, no agent required. Makes for offering a solution to a client that may not necessarily have a Windows server available very plausible.
ConsLimited self-troubleshooting capabilities, log files that are difficult to decipher. In the past, getting detailed information from support was very difficult.
Jason G.
Service Manager
January 8, 2018

“Not happy with restores”

ProsNot many issues once its setup and working properly. It seems to just work. GUI has improved as far as perfromance is concerned
ConsRestores take forever. I cannot easily mount an image to perform a server or workstation migration. Web GUI is still a bit slow
Shane v.
Server/Network Specialist
December 19, 2017

“Works for the most part. Technical support could be more responsive and helpful. ”

Overallbeing able to tell people they have backup software is installed.
ProsThe option to backup full disk images is nice. Process to restore data in the event of an emergency is fairly easy.
ConsInterface is slow. Successful restores are not consistent. Backup jobs and clients seem to break at random. Technical support is slow to respond (I've put in tickets and have gone a week without hearing anything concrete on the status of their investigation).
mutty k.
IT specialist .

“Acronis Access Review”

ProsThe only solution I have found to really work in realty to be able to recover. Easy to use nice interface.
ConsSometimes when we run in to issues but it gets resolved by support
Chuck P.
Product Manager
December 19, 2017

“Acronis support has been awful. Still don't have integration with ConnectWise working. ”

ProsMakes backups at a reasonable price. Works with a variety of operating systems and offers a single dashboard for review.
ConsCan't back up files as they are used. Can't get integration working with ConnectWise. Support is awful, we have a ticket that has been escalated and each step takes a week to get a response. About 4 weeks since starting the support ticket and still no answer.
Tyler S.
Technician
December 19, 2017

“Overall good product. 95% works as designed with minimal effort to correct the errors”

OverallCost effective backup for our customers. Nice to have an offsite backup that you can count on.
ProsEase of setup and configuration is a huge plus. Being able to configure different jobs with bandwidth throttling is also a huge positive. Love the integration with Connectwise Automate.
ConsAt times getting notifications that a job has succeeded only to log in and discover there are actually failures. May not necessarily be a flaw with the software, but a location/configuration one.

“Excellent product ”

OverallProtecting my data
ProsAcronis Cloud Backup product is: Robust, reliable, efficient, and has a comprehensive easy to use interface.
ConsAcronis Cloud Backup product and respective licenses are expensive, if compared to other online backup products
Christopher U.
Accountant & Bookkeeper
December 19, 2017

“Frequent issues with backup console site. Price per GB can get a bit expensive.”

OverallLearning more about the Windows OS when troubleshooting issues with the supportive Acronis support team members.
ProsIt is cross-platform. You can install it on many different OS's, even outdated and unsupported versions of Windows. It is great for environments with diverse makeups.
ConsIt is buggy and not 100% reliable. The site goes down or becomes degraded for various issues regularly and it seems like there are issues with the US2 data center a lot.
Tim K.
AV Tech
Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees
December 30, 2018

“Buggy software ”

OverallThis software is usable, but requires the user to have a deep knowledge base as well as the correct hardware to actually connect drives to do cloning. Additionally, for ease of use make sure the destination drive is larger that the source drive. Even if the data that is cloned will easily fit on a smaller destination drive the software can glitch and will not allow you to copy it.
ProsThe fact that this software has a free cloning component is nice and it is designed to work with Crucial SSD and HDD drives. The customer service is adequate as well.
ConsThere is a known issue with the software that required me to contact customer service in order to get a patch. This information was not readily available and took some time to figure out. Once patched the software worked 80% of the time. This means that out of cloning 5 identical spec drives one did not work and required the purchase of additional hardware.
December 30, 2018
Ronald B.
Customer Service & Support Analyst
December 19, 2017

“It works at time but it also tends to mess up at times. ”

OverallAn total backup of the system so we can install new Hard drives from ones that died.
ProsWhen it doesn't it a pain to figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it without support help.
ConsWhen it works it works well but when it doesn't it a pain to figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it without going to support.
51-200 employees
January 2, 2018

“We use this mainly for Office 365 backups”

ProsThe software is fairly straight forward and has multi-tenancy so we have can customers use it. Good for backing up Office 365/Exchange Online e-mail.
ConsThe agent you have to load even for cloud to cloud backups. This is being addressed in future releases.
January 2, 2018
Brian T.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2019

“Dependable Cloud Backup”

ProsAcronis cloud backup is so easy. The interface is clean and easy to use and we love that it is a subscription. We are able to pay for exactly what we need.
ConsIt can be a bit cost prohibitive but all in all it is still worth it.
May 2, 2019