eHelpDesk Ratings

Overall

About eHelpDesk

Intuitive and easy-to-use. Deploy in just days, train in 1 hour. Robust, fast & painless reporting for higher quality decision making. Quickly measure team productivity, responsiveness and customer satisfaction. Highly customizable without programming or consultants. Learn more about eHelpDesk

Robin H.
Help Desk Supervisor
Legal Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 13, 2018

“Top 100 law firm using Giva for 17 years with excellent results”

OverallGiva is easy to learn and use, very visual, and the dashboard is amazing. It allows us to ensure that issues are tracked from first contact through resolution and gives us access to the information we need to resolve them. New agents are productive using Giva is just a few days. We use the Knowledgebase a great deal. It is easy to use and allows us keep a very high first call resolution.
ProsWe're a busy Help Desk, and Giva gives us a fantastic tool for tracking issues, as well as escalating/communicating among the various groups in the IT Department. The Customer Satisfaction Surveys allow us to get almost instant feedback. We get excellent ratings from our attorneys and staff, partly because we follow up immediately when there is a problem. I am the Reports guy, and I can drill down and get the information I need very quickly. The Knowledge Base is a repository where we can store information that can be retrieved easily. I've been using Giva for over 17 years at this law firm; so I've seen Giva evolve. They continuously upgrade it with releases chock full of useful features without over-engineering it. When we ask for product enhancements, we actually see them. They really listen to their customers, and I feel like we get a lot of personal attention. When we have an issue, their technical support jumps right on it and gets it resolved quickly.
ConsI don't like change, and when new releases come out (about once per month), I weep a bit while I adjust. However, the releases are all backward-compatible have never caused us a problem. Our customizations remain intact; so all the tools I need are still there. When there was a change in the ticket screen that was not optimal, they fixed it in just a few weeks.
July 13, 2018
William L.
IT Help Desk Supervisor
Law Practice, 1001-5000 employees
May 15, 2019

“Invaluable tool to deliver very high customer satisfaction to our attorney customers”

OverallWe are able to meet and consistently exceed our SLAs with all the functions/tools Giva offers. Our SLA compliance has increased about 35% using Giva. The red, orange and green on our dashboard charts/metrics keeps us all focused on the key issues impacting our attorneys. The highly integrated Knowledgebase is a very valuable tool that has enabled us to increase first contact resolution and customer satisfaction, and has helped significantly decrease call times. Giva is an excellent and invaluable tool that keeps us highly productive and our customers happy!
ProsI supervise a large group of Level 1 help desk people at a large and very busy law firm. I've been using Giva at this firm and a few years at the previous law firm I worked for. The Giva Dashboards are just what we need to keep on top of all the hot issues that need attention and our productivity has increased about 45%. No issues go unaddressed and that has helped lift and sustain our very high customer satisfaction. My entire team loves using Giva and it helps them meet the high expectations of our busy attorney customers. Giva is very easy to learn; our new agents become fluent quickly by just using it.
ConsNone right now, my team is very happy with Giva.
May 15, 2019
Perry A.
Sr. Director of Information Systems
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
August 26, 2019

“85% of ServiceNow's features/functions at a much lower cost”

OverallThe dashboard gives us a holistic view of what's important. We love the mobile app as it helps my team keep on top of issues all the time. We only have to expose a web form to the teams at our 20 locations for self-service and it's great that no log is required. The reports allow us to quickly understand which property are having issues so we can take action where needed. Giva has increased our ability to log tickets by about 2x since the interface is very easy to use and guides you along. We can also track all our IT assets and there is no cost per asset which is great!
ProsGiva has enterprise level features without the enterprise level price tag which we cannot afford. We looked at many different options and were happy to learn that we could do so much customization with Giva. It's easy to get actionable information out of Giva; other systems have a lot of friction. My team is very impressed with the capability of Giva in spite of their experience with enterprise tools such as ServiceNow and Remedy. There is so much value in Giva that it was easy to get it approved. We evaluated and compared Giva to Jitbit and Spiceworks and selected Giva since it punches above its weight with lots of value and utility. Giva has about 85% of ServiceNow's features/functions at a much lower cost. It was easy to get deployed on Giva with its intuitive administration.
ConsNothing to complain about. We are very pleased.
August 26, 2019
JC M.
VP Information Technology
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
June 5, 2019

“Giva helps IT deliver excellent customer satisfaction to our users”

OverallSince I'm the VP Information Technology, I am mostly interested in the dashboard and reports. With the dashboard, I have a bird's eye view in real-time of what's going on in our organization. It's easy to determine if there are issues that may need my attention or action. The reports allow for very granular deep dives and root cause analysis of our data. It's easy for me to run any report and I don't need any specialized knowledge. My team is very happy using Giva as well.
ProsWe are a large health care system and been using Giva since 2012 and it's helped us tremendously and it's had a big positive impact on our customer service delivered by the IT organization. Giva is constantly innovating and delivering new functions to their products. They come up with a lot of refreshing and new ideas that they bounce off of us and indeed listen to what we have to say. They've implement many our suggestions over the years and we very much value this in a cloud vendor. Since Giva is HIPAA compliant we are assured that our data is secure in the cloud.
ConsThere are no negatives that my team can think of.
June 5, 2019
Olivier B.
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
Retail, 501-1000 employees
June 25, 2018

“Superb Service Desk for a very large retailer. Excellent dashboard and Reports ”

OverallWe have a lot of product requires since we run a large retail operation. Reports are exceptional; helps me save many days of work each month and increased team productivity 50%. Senior management loves the high granularity of metrics. Low TCO and high ROI on our labor and money invested in Giva. Great Tsunami Ticket to help consolidate issues in a major outage. Giva is a tremendous value for the price.
ProsAwesome homepage dashboard with lots of functions that help us focus and on top. Very nice interface, not cluttered and easy on my eyes. Quick to learn and very little resources to maintain in the cloud. We use multiple service desks: IT, Financial, etc. It is a great value as we have multiple instances of Giva running with no additional. They're always asking us for feedback and they implement changes often. We are fans!
ConsGiva is not infinitely customizable like Remedy or ServiceNow, but the lower cost of Giva is worth the tradeoff. Wish they had an AI robot that I could send to work while I sleep in. I'm sure it's coming soon :)
June 25, 2018
Pete M.
Sr. Manager Support Services, Innovation & Analytics
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees
May 6, 2019

“35% increase in productivity & eliminated 15 hours/month on Report preparation”

OverallWe've achieve excellent business results with Giva having increased IT productivity about 35% and we eliminated about 15 hours/month that use to be spent on Report preparation. All the information that I need is at my fingertips with Giva's Reporting engine. The charts and graphs are clear and allow us to visualize data to identify trends and patterns. The administration is easy to use and logically well organized. We don't need a dedicated Admin and/or Report person like I did with other vendors mentioned.
ProsI have 20 years of experience using various service tools such as ConnectWise, HP Service Manager, BMC Track-It and Remedy. On balance, Giva is better than them all and it's a great value. Giva is the new generation of cutting edge cloud technology; it looks sharp and it's very easy to configure and customize. The technical support is excellent, very responsive and they always provide thoughtful answers. The customizable dashboard provides the necessary visibility to ensure all areas of support are providing top-notch support.
ConsNo cons. It's amazing that they launch a new release every 3 weeks so many new features.
May 6, 2019
Deana R.
Supervisor, Help Desk
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees

“Excellent, modern ITSM.”

OverallGiva is just a phone call or email away for support. They are very responsive and available and have even helped us expand the use of the product to other departments. Giva is also highly flexible and is continuous with improvements and new ideas. This is something that stands out and really is the best thing about the product. The company asks for feedback and discusses their ideas with me before they implement them. When is the last time a company did that for you? Very customer focused. Give them a try.
ProsUser interface is intuitive. I love the clean, minimalist appearance and organization of information. Since the product lives in the cloud, we can access at anytime, anywhere. Very reliable...we have had 100% up time of product for 2 years now.
ConsSome in my company would like built in workflow options, however Giva does not offer that at this time.
Vincent C.
Project Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2017

“Simple, straight forward, and efficient help desk software.”

OverallReduced time supporting the "help desk software".
ProsIt is a good, stable, basic help desk software application that is not over-burdened with complex configuration and setup. The user interface is simple and straight forward, freeing up the user to focus on the help desk issues, not the help desk software. The Giva support staff always provides intelligent and informative responses in a professional and timely manner.
ConsHaving come from using similar on-site software, I miss having direct access to the source tables to create more complex custom reports. But Giva does have a lot of customizable reports that will meet most needs.
August 30, 2017
David G.
Director IT
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
February 21, 2018

“Excellent value at an excellent price!”

Overalltons, Reporting, SLA's, KPI reports and great metrics, helped users see where their tickets stand. Just love it!
ProsI like the fact that cust support is always available to assist if you have any questions (during setup). I love the ease of use and there is really very little training needed. The customer support is top notch in that within setting up a Critical ticket they respond quickly. I feel this product surpasses many others that don't even come close. I plan on using GIVA for a LONG time
ConsNone really to mention at this point and time. Well maybe one item but not a major concern of mine. It's the fact they don't have a customer support line. A support request has to initially be done by submitting a support ticket in the Giva system. However, for complex issues, after I submitted a ticket, I did get phone calls back and we engaged in a screen share to resolve my questions. That was very helpful.
February 21, 2018
Suzanne D.
Director Enterprise Services
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
January 9, 2017

“Easy to deploy and great support”

OverallAfter a careful search of numerous ITSM tools, we selected Giva based on its ease of use, quick deployment and great support by the company. We also enjoy the standard reporting that comes with this application and makes our data results easy to share with others. We worked together on the AD integration and found the support team quite helpful and eager to ensure our needs were met. We look forward to continued success with this application and the Giva team we work with.
ProsEase of use and deployment; reporting is easy to use and tailor to our specific needs; customer support is prompt and eager to help; clean lines of the application; iterative approach to a request for enhancement (Agile programming).
ConsN/A
Recommendations to other buyersPlease test this out and kick the tires for YOUR organization.
January 9, 2017
Joseph D.
Sr. User Support Tech
Legal Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 18, 2017

“The best held desk software.. its a mobile friendly too”

Overallcost effective
ProsIt is Mobile friendly. Works on iPhone and android. It is Web based. I can login anywhere from my browser and process the ticket. Easy to use and fast.
Consscrolling to enter data. from field to field (this is only happens when you enter lots of data that you will really need to scroll down to go to another field. )
Dany N.
Desktop Support
August 10, 2017

“I like GIVA because it is simple to use and intuitive”

ProsIt is simple! You log in and boom you are up and running. GIVA is direct and succinct. That's all for now...
ConsI am not able to customize it to fit me. I use GIVA everyday, i want to be able to add my personal touch to it. wouldn't be great to have a daily inspirational quote into GIVA? or to set a goal tracker into GIVA...
August 10, 2017
Dylan G.
Desktop Support
May 18, 2017

“Very robust help desk software, highly recommended”

ProsI had never heard of Giva prior to my opportunity to try out Giva for a 30-day period. I found it to be highly customizable and very robust. Giva also provides the most value by offering an asset management module included with the cost of their help desk software while other help desk providers charge you per asset.
May 18, 2017
Skipper C.
January 12, 2017

“Reliable functionality”

OverallThe Giv@ eHelpDesk is easy to set up. The quick startup is facilitated by a minimum number of spreadsheets to capture required information. Once up and running, the software allows enough functionality to tailor it for individual organizations. We have some groups who use the application to help with workflow. As users become familiar with the application, the software limits customization. However, the administrators appreciate the simplicity and speed at which changes can be made. When tickets are closed, customers can provide immediate feedback and standard reports allow quick access to summary feedback data.
January 12, 2017
Diane A.
February 9, 2017

“Giva has improved our Service Desk efficiency!”

OverallWe implemented Giva for Incident Management on 9/23/2015. Since that time, we have shaved 50 seconds off of our average Service Desk call time. Last year, management was exploring the possibility of outsourcing our team. The outsource organization could not provide the resources to match our call time. We support 6700 employees with 4 FTEs. We field an average of 300 calls per day, and our abandonment rate averages 7%. Thanks to Giva, we are a small but powerful team!
February 9, 2017
Daniel R.
January 19, 2017

“An above average product to handle ticketing, assets, and knowledge bases”

OverallGiva can handle the basics: ticketing, asset handling, knowledge bases, and change management. In my opinion, it excels when being extensible with a good API to integrate with current business processes and user management.
January 19, 2017