TrueRent Ratings

Overall

About TrueRent

Fast and low cost Rent Collection (Same day setup - start collecting rent online today), Tenant Screening (Experian credit report, national criminal and national eviction report), Track and Analyze expense plus much more. Property Management Software for landlords and property managers. TrueRent is the only property management software that tracks and analyzes the financial performance of your real estate portfolio. Learn more about TrueRent

Sally B.
Property Owner/Manager
June 28, 2016

“Most comprehensive property management software for the price”

OverallI've tried a ton of property management softwares in the past. This is by far the best one I've used.
ProsVery affordable. A lot cheaper than the bigger companies like Buildium and Appfolio, and offers a lot more than the smaller companies with similar prices. Very intuitive and easy to use. The financial reports it generates are very helpful. The rent roll feature they offer is great and helps keeps track of who has paid and who hasn't. The QuickPay ACH payment program is really nice. Almost all of my tenants now use it to pay their rent.
ConsThe site works on my iphone and ipad, but it would be great if they offered an app. Their QuickPay ACH payment program is great after you get approved, but the application process was pretty long (about 5 days).
Recommendations to other buyersTry it out! They give you a free trial.
June 28, 2016
Adel S.
Rental Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 22, 2017

“the site is great”

ProsEasy to use tenant screening is awesome tenant payment online is great tracking the expenses is good
Consneed more improvement in the following 1. add a place where you can add your general expenses that's not related to a certain property such as meals, trips, office expenses and so on 2. we are in deep need of mobile APP 3. track your credit card automatically and having the transaction ready to assign it to the property or edit 4. the customer service is very slow responding and having no phone number to call
December 22, 2017
Don D.
Manager, LLC
November 4, 2018

“Little Landlord”

OverallMy business entries are easy and tax reports are immediate. Sometimes I have to hunt-and-peck to get a particular report, but I have learned to use Filters to refine reports. I am just starting to use the Tenant Screening and am wondering why the hell I ever waited. Still getting used to this function but it should prove invaluable.
ProsIt is very comprehensive, including about everything a landlord (or his accountant or, god forbid, the IRS). The software keeps getting updated for clarity and ease of use. Updating the structure of Tutorials is one case.
ConsSome features are not clear to me. For instance, I have never understood the Ledger function.
November 4, 2018
David P.
January 5, 2017

“Great experience with TrueRent.com”

OverallTrueRent is the most intuitive software I have found. The customer support is great and collection rent online is quick and easy. Once you use online rent collection you won't understand how you lived without. I also use their credit screening feature which is really good.
ProsIntuitive, useful features, online rent collection, credit screening
ConsDoes work with vacation rental but they say it's coming soon.
Recommendations to other buyers14 Day free trial included.
January 5, 2017
Kevin S.
Private landlord
August 30, 2014

“Great for managing my two rental properties. Does everything I need.”

OverallI usually don't write reviews but this one is worth it. I bought a foreclosure 2 years ago and haven't really been keeping good records. Tax time is a real hassle for me. Last month I purchased my second investment property, a duplex. I decided getting organized was the only option since tripling my unit count. After a lot of searching, I found True Rent. It's the only truly free site I could find that is easy to use and has a lot of good features. I have gone back and entered my income and expenses for the last year in order to get a complete picture of how much money I'm making. I never thought getting organized could be fun. (It's kind of addicting) What I like: Snapshot which displays my properties one screen along with how they are performing. (show my equity and other financial metrics like LTV, GRM, etc) The ease of entering transactions and how the entry fields auto populate. The reports - At a glance is really cool once you go back and enter a years worth of rents/payments. File storage. (There is no limit on storage which is good.) Support is quick to respond. (I emailed a question to support and they responded within minutes.) Overall the site is great and I have no complaints. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a free option.
August 30, 2014
Danielle S.
Broker/owner
November 11, 2018

“Bang for buck”

OverallCustomer support responses have vastly improved over the last 90 days. The additional changes they are making generally are good but it would be nice to receive an email letting us know when something is coming down the pipeline with a timeline so we are can make changes on our end as necessary.
ProsGreat value for the money, offers quite a few features for an affordable price
ConsToo many steps to set accounts, features and processes seem to change frequently with no warning (example, we allow 5 days grace period for rent before it is considered late. Until recently we had to set the late fee as due the 4th in order for it to go into effect on the 6th as per our leases. Now it is actually set correctly on the software end. There was no notice to this change which caused some panic on the part of tenants).
November 11, 2018
Demetrius L.
Property Administrator
November 3, 2018

“Great Software Packing A Huge Punch!”

ProsThe software was able to accommodate all my property rental documentation needs as well as providing detailed reports and address reports. It was reliable as some software has glitches but not TrueRent! The software also handled my vendors accounts and deposits to the owner with breeze.
ConsI did not like the way it allows the tenants to log into their own portal and it has to go through their website so that the tenants know all about the service as if to elude they are advertising to my tenants. I think a branded or separate area or page should be available for tenant log ins and should integrate with my website.
November 3, 2018
Dianna M.
May 10, 2019

“Recommend TrueRent”

OverallAbility to keep track to tenant rent. Financials by owner
ProsOnce you understand this program it is pretty easy to use. Also it is easy to set-up Can save your tenant correspondence in tenant file, ie. letters, pictures, etc.
ConsTenant/Landlord forms are not a part of this program. There is nowhere to save your letters (templates) on this program. Forms need to be saved elsewhere ie. Microsoft word.
May 10, 2019
Jason P.
Realtor/Property Manager
February 19, 2015

“Easy and Free! Very simple and does everything.”

OverallI had been searching a long time for something like True Rent. I found the site here on Capterra late last year. I have been using the site daily and have had great results. I own apartments and storage units. Yes, it will work with storage units. Plus, according to support, the site is free forever for current users even if they start to charge in the future. This means one less monthly outgoing payment. This was huge for me. If you are considering starting or finding a new property management software site, I recommend doing it now to get locked into a free account. I also really appreciate the fact that customer support really listens to users. This is rare I find. Plus they are constantly adding new features. I hope my recommendation helps others like I was helps here. Jason Real Estate Investor
February 19, 2015
Ron C.
July 29, 2014

“Simple and priced right”

OverallI have operated a property management company for several years. I also have my own rental properties. I've only used TrueRent a short while, but so far it's been easy to use and allows me to manage all units, both personal and managed units on one site. It has everything I would want from this type of program. Transaction and data entry is easy and can be done from many areas/screens. This will definitely make my accounting easier. The "Snapshot" feature is helpful too, I can finally see where I financially stand. The analytics seem very complete with everything I would possibly need to know for forecasting and decision-making. I can see the possibility of this real time data helping my bottom line. I will continue using this product and will refer to it often during tax time.
July 29, 2014
Vincent P.
Managing Partner
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
July 15, 2019

“A Really Good, Easy Tool to Manage Rental Properties”

OverallOverall good-- however, the only reason that I signed up with Truerent was the assurance that credit cards would be accepted within a couple of months. Now, we are being told that they will not be accepted as a means of collecting rent.
ProsThe ease of use and the ease in completing the database.
ConsThe inability to accept credit card payments from tenants
Leeann G.

“Very Organized”

ProsThis product is a great way to keep your rent organized. I love how you can enter the tenants into the different buildings and keep track of security, even upload the lease.
ConsIt is a little hard to use the recurring billing as it does not seem to do it all the same each time.
Tanner C.
Accountant
January 30, 2018

“TrueRent Review”

ProsJust as the company's website says, this platform does really allow for time to be saved and profits to be increased. Online rent collection is the best!
ConsOverall, I think the software was easy to learn. I could use a bit more training to make sure that I am using all available features.
January 30, 2018
Mark A.
June 24, 2016

“Simple and Easy to use for Reasonable Price”

OverallTrue Rent is the simpliest property management site I have tried. I have been using it for about 3 months now and truly love it. No accounting degree required.
ProsExcellent customer support, easy, straightforward, collecting rents online is easy too. It does everything needed to manage my 30 units.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely worth a try. Pricing is good.
June 24, 2016
Charlie C.
August 15, 2014

“Easy to use and free”

OverallI've tried several property management programs/websites. I can honestly say True Rent is the easiest program I have used. Pros: The site is free up to 25 units Easy and Fast Works on both Residential/Commercial. Cons: They don't have tenant screening yet Advertisements (Not a lot though. All I have seen is a small square ad in the righthand bottom portion of the screen so it's out of the way and non-invasive. It's definitely not a problem for me considering I'm not paying a monthly subscription fee.) No CAM option

By TrueRent on August 15, 2014
Thanks for the review. Tenant screening will be available soon.
August 15, 2014
Chad G.
Landlord
September 9, 2014

“Easy to setup and free. Support is quick to respond. Could use a better help section.”

OverallPretty solid so far. The site is a little confusing in the beginning but once you go through it a couple of times it's easy. Watching the support videos really helped me when setting up my properties and tenants. (Strongly recommend watching) There is no tenant screening option which is something I need (support said it's coming soon). Overall the site is great especially considering it's free.
September 9, 2014
Haley A.
Property Owner
July 20, 2014

“Super easy to use, informative, and inexpensive!”

OverallI own a few duplexes in Southern California. This website fits my needs. I was using another site, but was paying $40 a month for six units, because of their $40 monthly minimum. That's about $6 per unit, which did not include the ACH rent payments from my tenants. True Rent also has a lot of other features that I have yet to use. I will report back with an update once I have used the other features.
July 20, 2014
David B.
July 23, 2014

“Easy to use and less expensive than most others”

OverallI use truerent because it's easy and fast. Has ACH payments and I can expect applications online. Overall an excellent value for the price. I manage 11 units so I pay $11/month. Was paying more for another service.

By TrueRent on July 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback today and in the future. Thanks and happy property managing.
July 23, 2014
Gary S.
May 19, 2019

“Mostly good”

OverallOverall i like the product but the third party payment setup sucks.
ProsI liked the layout of the website and the functionality
ConsI was not able to setup the automatic rental payments. I sent in the paperwork two or three times over the courseof a month. Eventually i had to go back to my original company so rent payments could get paid.
May 19, 2019
Michael G.
May 14, 2019

“Review of truerent”

OverallI was looking for a program with the provided features of truerent but at a reasonable rate. They have everything thr other programs have at a fraction of the cost.
ProsThe ability to organize my information for each property and track their performance.
ConsThus far I dont have any criticism for the software.
May 14, 2019
Adam S.
January 1, 2016

“TrueRent is very easy to use and fits all of my needs. Great customer support too. ”

OverallI have been using TrueRent for about 2 years. It does everything at a very econimcal price. I have been using the online rent collection and its awesome. Also, I like the fact the ACH payments are free. I strongly recommend.
January 1, 2016
Todd S.

“Clunky ”

ProsNot a very user friendly software. Crashes often and needs more updates.
ConsLayout- not user friendly Many issues with portals.
John C.
May 28, 2015

“Very good property management software”

OverallI have been using the site for several months with good luck. We manage about 50 properties. Customer support is responsive and accommodating.
May 28, 2015
Thomas K.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“My Review”

OverallI am taking on managing my properties and needed an easy to use system to be able to track my rental properties.
ProsI liked the look and the ability to collect rent online.
ConsSetup was very difficult. I also wanted to be able to track more about each of my properties.
BENARD W.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
November 7, 2014

“modifications.”

Overallit should be tailored further to capture data through a management company. thank you for good job.
November 7, 2014
Eric W.

“Truerent.com review”

OverallGood solution for tracking properties, renters, vendors
ProsCloud based, lots of features. Ledger, renter page
ConsSometimes slow. Depending on the time of day you logon
bette d.
property mgr
November 16, 2017

“Needs more features”

ProsTruerent offers quick time pay to receive rental payments however, the fees can add up between the initial fees and ongoing monthly fees to user and tenants.
ConsFee structure is too much compared to other options as far as rental payments, marketing, online applications, maintenance requests, etc.
November 16, 2017
Eric W.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
November 10, 2018

“True rent Review ”

OverallI've had a great experience with the tool, easy to track Rent payments, Vendor repairs & maintenance and Reporting
ProsEasy use, intuitive, Cloud based, functional
ConsNot many cons at all. Only hope to see more features and enhancements. More direct wire rent payment options
November 10, 2018
Rajiv K.
Landlord
May 12, 2019

“Glad I Found TrueRent”

OverallExtremely pleased and satisfied - Great Value for Money.
ProsEase of use and email notifications were the best part I liked about software.
ConsNot much except would like the software to provide additional capabilities to manage lease in future.
May 12, 2019