Gather Ratings

Overall

About Gather

Gather enables catering companies of all sizes to manage and grow successful catering events businesses. That's why independent caterers, national restaurants, food trucks, hospitality groups and private venues use Gather to power their catering events. From private-equity backed growth concepts to James Beard award-winning restaurants, we're trusted to serve as the anchor between management, events teams, and their customers. Learn more about Gather

Kathryn B.
Sales and Marketing Director
July 30, 2019

“Gather is the ONLY program for me! ”

OverallI am saving so much time using this software with clients. Half the time it used to take me to send contracts.
ProsGather is the best software to use for private dining, the ease of use is like no other! You can use it on the app, computer, tablet etc... it is very easy to develop files to save on the software and send contracts to clients. Once you train your staff their are very little questions that follow because of the ease of use with this product. Clients also love it because it leaves less back and forth with contracts and they can do everything they need from the form you send them. The software also works with your email and you're notified on the home screen and via our work email. They're constantly upgrading and using new integrations as well.
ConsThis is not a con because I don't know if this is possible, but if Gather could find a way to integrate with Open Table so contracts update to that software it would be amazing. I am not a computer programmer so I have no idea if that's possible, but really their are no cons with Gather.
Jenny Y.
Owner/Manager

“Indispensable Program!”

OverallThe customer service team is always very efficient and timely as well as friendly. We couldn't run our business without Gather. Earlier in our development we considered other software geared toward events, but they seemed to specialize on only one aspect or two at a time. With Gather we can customize our menu making it so easy for our whole team to update a proposal at any given moment.
ProsOur team loves how each client has his/her own customer portal. It is fairly easy to change any details at any time. It is also imperative for us to be able to send an approval request to each client at the time of solidifying details for an event. Really helps us to ensure our team can execute the event flawlessly.
ConsWe wish that Gather was able to track any changes made by one of our team members so that when a change occurs, we can know exactly who made it and why... Or that there was specific place for a team member to track changes in the portal. Also, we wish that there was a way to approve each specific section instead of just an over all proposal. Our clients are dealing with TONS of wedding details (not always through us) and they have a lot on their minds.
Tabitha R.
Catering Sales Director
September 12, 2017

“Gather has made my proposal writing 100% better than when I had to write them manually using word.”

OverallQuick & easy creation of bookings. Fast reaction updates with existing bookings. Immediate updates across the entire booking and all of its documents. Superior customer service.
ProsWe are a restaurant with a huge catering business and this software was designed for an on site caterer with event rooms versus everything being off site like our business model. I am looking forward to the modifications in the future that close the gap on the two concepts better. It has made proposal writing a dream! I love that everything is live across the entire booking with a click of the mouse. The customer service is unbelievable! Everyone is always so pleasant & receptive with all of my questions, comments, concerns & suggestions. The mobile app is great and we want to use it more but the team communication alert email doesn't function on mobile which renders it useless to our team. The reporting seems to constantly improving but we can not connect it to our system so we do not currently use it but I look forward to a day when we can. I absolutely love all of the filtering throughout the entire program and how there are multiple ways to find a previous booking. The calendar is my favorite view and I am looking forward to beginning to use the task function shortly. I have created many many menu templates which is superb but would like to copy one from an actual booking as well. Overall, I completely understand that this is meant for more formal venue catering so I am just grateful that I am able to utilize it at the level that I can for corporate/off site catering. It is so quick & easy and I just cant believe how effective it is to update for a client. Great job!
ConsThe biggest issue with Gather for us is that it does not report to our inventory/reporting system. We have to manually ring everything into our Revel POS system in order to capture an accurate product mix. Basically this means that this software is really only for me to create the proposal and our comptroller must recreate everything in another program. Huge waste of time but a necessary evil for me to have this valuable tool to do my job. I wish that there were more templates for multiple sections including but not limited to the notes sections. I find myself copy & pasting my own words dozens of times a day. I would like to see the lead be able to be customized because I have to ask a set series of additional questions before I may even begin a proposal. It would be really helpful to copy & paste emails into the message section to be able to assure an accurate add. I think that it is important to add a confirmation to the client that their CC info has been added correctly. I get MULTIPLE emails a week asking if we are all set since they do not get a confirmation. Please finalize the condensed versions that you have been toying with. Please go back to the notification to COMPLETE the gratuity, 50% miss it. Lastly, add the onsite contact info to the CHEF BEO. We use that version for the driver because it is a cleaner version to pack the van with. The regular BEO is only sent to the client with the proposal because it has too much going on for the delivery pack list. Thanks!
Dan B.
Sales and Events Manager
April 17, 2019

“Excellent Software with a Few Frustrating Quirks”

OverallIt has been an overall success at easily keeping our client focused. Instead of using many different software apps, booking, payment etc, it creates a single portal and eliminates many questions we were faced with prior to implementing. Sales tracking and other features are simple without the hassle of Salesforce integration.
ProsThe Event Portal feature. Each event having its own specialized url that allows the client to see everything in a very organized fashion makes the process of converting a quote to a sale much easier. The integration of credit card processing (we used Stripe) keeps the client from using other options (like Square) that would force them away from the portal.
ConsTrying to keep you locked into their email ecosystem. The email integration is terrible. I wish they would support a Gmail integration. If I want to get my client to approve a proposal - they have to be emailed through their own email system that is not as user friendly and completely breaks the cohesiveness and intent of the software when I have two different email chains happening (which the client flips between without realizing). Make the event approval option available without having to email them please. In addition, they will charge you for leads from Yelp, even if they don't book! It is a very shady practice that needs to stop. Focus on good software, not making money off lead conversions from third party lead sites please.
April 17, 2019
Kerianne M.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

“Very Happy Gather User”

OverallWe have been using Gather for a few years now and it has definitely made our day-to-day much easier, more organized and allowed us to focus on more things to grow the business. Their customer service is very quick at responding and helpful in finding a solution to questions that have come up.
ProsGather has helped streamline our business by providing a fast and easy way to communicate with our clients in a clean professional format. We use the "Copy" feature very frequently as we have many repeat clients. The live update feature while we are on the phone with clients is very helpful and many clients comment how nice that is.
ConsWe wish we could customize the font size on the Chef BEO. We use the Chef BEO as orders in our kitchen and it would be beneficial for us to be able to make certain items stand out more. We find ourselves directing many clients to the "Print Summary" hyperlink on the Summary of Charges page. If there was a way for this button to stand out as the full breakdown/itemized invoice that would be very helpful.
Melissa L.
Marketing Director

“Overall Great! ”

OverallKeeping organized with Gather is a breeze!
ProsThe ease of Gather is truly amazing! The report functions I use daily to see overall growth and what needs to be improved on. The calendar is able to be viewed on the app along with a desktop as well as edited on the go from a cell phone. All documents are easy to read for sales coordinators, chefs, as well as servers. Creating events is easy and tracking channels for marketing is a great way to keep updated on marketing campaigns. Also staying organized through Gather is great by creating tasks, not only for yourself, but interns or other sales coordinators. The messaging system is great for communication with other team members.
ConsI would love to see the sales coordinator on the pop up portion of the calendar. Also, the messages changed into a drop down, however, when you are trying to scroll for some thing, clicking on every single individual message is time consuming and everything should be about saving time. The app is only for viewing and not able to do any editing, which does not save time. Sometimes there is slowness or some glitches, such as Gather cancelling the event or duplicating the event when creating.
Gin T.
Private Dining Manager

“Game changer ”

OverallGreat product! They're always adding new features. Great support team.
ProsI love that the software is live so I can make changes on line in front of the customer, while on the phone with them and they can sit right away in front of their own screen.
ConsSometimes the issues with their servers slowing down can be bothersome, especially during the working hours.
Nicole R.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
July 30, 2019

“Event Planning Made Easy!”

OverallNot only is the Gather team extremely helpful and responsive, but since I have switched it has cut my work time down significantly!
ProsIt is extremely easy to use and saves me time! I love everything about gather! Reporting is easy to generate, message templates cut down my work time, the online cc and event agreement make it easy for my team to reference and of course the Gather team is always friendly, helpful and has become an extension of my own team.
ConsHonestly I do not have any complaints about the software maybe that I didn't use it sooner. I would like if they partnered with OpenTable, but I believe they are working on that.
Eva M.
General Manager
October 4, 2016

“Helps to keep my event information organized and shared with my team”

OverallI am the General Manager and Event Planner for a very busy restaurant. Gather helps to keep me organized, in touch with clients and staff, and keeps all of the information I need in one place. I love that clients can get in touch with me through a Gather link on our website, and I can convert a lead into a booking very easily. Keeping up with so many people and events is exhausting, but Gather makes it much easier for me to have all necessary information and conversations with clients in one place. I also love that I can have my clients "sign" event contracts through the website, send deposits, and put a card on file. My team can also access conversations and documents so that they can stay up to speed with what is going on. But I think my favorite part is that the bookings calendar can be synced with my google calendar across all of my devices. :)
ProsCustomer Service, price, and rapidly growing features
ConsI can't think of any cons. I think there is always room for improvement, but nothing sticks out to me as a problem. I did, however, have some difficulty integrating my bookings calendar with my google calendar, but almost immediately, the awesome customer service team helped me out with it.
Recommendations to other buyersI would love to see a bookings calendar that can be put on my restaurant's website. That way, clients already know that we are booked. I would also like to see more options for inquiry buttons that can be put on my website. This may be an oversight of mine, but my link is not very noticeable and in plain text says "Click here to inquire about an event". I wish It was a big button or even a form that a guest can see right on the page and fill out.
October 4, 2016
Caitlin K.
Community & Events Manager
January 15, 2018

“A little complicated to use, but it's a powerful event management tool that your clients will love!”

ProsFrom the customer/client experience, it's wonderful. Great, professional design, easy to review contracts/policies, make payments, and correspond with questions. From the admin perspective, I like that it keeps me organized. There are so many moving parts to events and it's so nice to have everything organized in the calendar, have each event represented, and every event have it's own page to store details, connect with the client & staff, track & collect payments, create and send policies to review, request payments (can be custom or based on pre-set pricing menus), and store details for your team and/or the client (i.e. event floorplan, vendor info, etc). Gather's customer support has also been amazing! They always respond to questions in a timely manner and provide webinars on a consistent basis as well.
ConsIt's pretty complicated to use and takes quite a bit of training, which can make it hard to collaborate or inform part time staff or contractors on event details (or have them help with invoicing, scheduling, etc). There is also not an ability for clients to "sign" contracts, only approve proposals. For an industry that can be pretty litigious, I wish they emphasized their event policies a bit more.
January 15, 2018
Liz H.
Private Dining and Catering Sales Manager
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
August 5, 2019

“Gather rocks!”

OverallGather has so many benefits for the guests, myself, and my team. The real-time updating while the guest refreshes the page is the best. My guests LOVE the confetti when they approve BEOs on Gather.
ProsI love using Gather for the ease of everything from creating contacts to confirming final guest counts.
ConsMy only complaint about Gather is the inevitable few and far between glitches with occasional product updates. The issues are always resolved quickly, and the customer service is top-notch!
August 5, 2019
Heather O.
Director of Catering
July 30, 2019

“Review of Gather software. ”

OverallBeing able to check in on other/all locations Speed of producing proposals to send to clients.
ProsUse of templates and ease of data transferring within system, reports, etc. Customer service is on point! 'live' edits
ConsNot being able to change titles of some items. Being more in line for full service and not catering how we do. Not being able to save locations for deliveries with notes. Having to export items to excel to get reports Not having a 'product mix' report of menu items
Deanna R.
Regional Events Manager
August 26, 2019

“Gather changed my world”

OverallGather has connected communication from the inquire to the closing of the event for all involved parties. The kitchen staff has up to date menus, staff has access to all event details, custom menus, bar arrangements and closing event instructions. We are very grateful to have this software program available for all our restaurant locations
ProsGather is so easy to learn and use for both hospitality staff and event hosts. It is the best tool we have for company wide event communication. Every event detail is tracked and available for your full team to execute a flawless event.
ConsI have no complaints about the software at all. The updates are smooth, customer service is fast, reports are easy. The credit card processing also made staying credit card compliant a piece of cake. ...I do find the team communication feature to be very confusing or unnecessary. I would like for it to integrate with Open Tables in the future.
August 26, 2019
Samantha N.
Events Coordinator
July 30, 2019

“Fantastic program in so many ways!”

OverallGather has helped us streamline details for successful events for all of our teams. It is so great to be able to create one document that everyone can access for details and assistance. It has helped us be able to execute events of all styles and sizes with ease from the moment a lead comes in to the day of the actually booking.
ProsI love how easy Gather can customize booking agreements for different clients. We book a variety of events and need to be able to create menus, set up templates, policies, etc for each of our clients. Gather allows you to personalize all of these items as you work on the agreement, instead of having to leave out to another screen or part of the software. It also helps us in communicating specific details to our guests, as we get to modify things so meticulously.
ConsThe ONE feature I have found to be missing is being able to auto populate a task list for an event. We have a few non-negotiable that we handle internally to make sure bookings are successful, and it would be nice to be able to get this task list applied like a template.
Georgeanna C.
Catering & Special Events Manager
May 10, 2019

“The best private dining software”

OverallAlthough there is room for improvement, I absolutely love this software. It's fairly customizable via booking templates, and allows me to book and confirm routine events very efficiently.
ProsI love Gather's tools for automated guest messaging, customizing menus and terms, and lead management.
ConsUpgrades that seem like they should be obvious/easy are not quickly addressed. For example, I cannot assign an existing contact to a new lead, rather I have to re-enter the client's information each time. Small features like that can make a big difference in day-to-day management, and should be more of a priority. The email tool also needs some work. You cannot save a draft or reply to a message without creating a new thread. Also, the way that email addresses show up to clients is cumbersome. They should work on a solution to mask the @gather system display and instead show my actual email address (clients see the system email address and get nervous that they're message won't reach me). There is also a lot of room for improvement in terms of approval (e.g. being able to get separate approvals of terms and menus, rather than just one overall approval), and for resources for complex and offsite events (e.g. adding pack lists and timelines).
Tracey A.
VP of Events and Sales
Hospitality, 5001-10,000 employees

“The Inside Scoop”

OverallSpeed in dealing with Guests is great - I have been happy implementing Gather at over 15 locations.
ProsEfficiency of getting leads that populate into bookings, and love the mobile app. Easy for staff to learn - easy to dialogue and message with Clients
ConsThe reporting feature needs work. Would like the opportunity to add more customized fields and titles. The current layout of the BEO's is not functional. Missing Change logs and status changes features.
Topher C.
Events Manager
May 17, 2019

“A Cut Above the Rest!”

OverallNot only is Gather flexible with tasks and manipulating your day to day needs, there's a plethora of built in features to help be more successful ~ not just with your Clients, but your staff as well. Plus the Gather Team is constantly innovating and improving upon its system to keep up with the evolving nature of events and catering. Any feedback given is gracefully accepted and noted, and their Customer Success Team Members are always there for you when you encounter an issue or don't know what to do. Our Events business has benefited greatly since we were able to bring Gather in to the fold!
ProsThe overall ability to communicate clearly to Clients as well as staff, and having the software compatible with the newest tech (I get notifications on my phone and watch). Proposals to clients look professional and are easy for just about anyone to utilize. Putting proposals together now take minutes instead of hours.
ConsI honestly have nothing negative to say about any aspect of Gather.
May 17, 2019
Wendy A.
May 15, 2019

“Progressive, adaptable & professional”

OverallI am delighted with this progressive, forward moving company.
ProsThe Event Portal is so easy use and customize. Clients are always impressed by the professional, easy to read format and the Gather support team is always on their A game!
ConsI work mainly with the desktop version so if I had to say there was a con, it'd be with the limitations of the mobile app.
May 15, 2019
Jackie G.
Catering/Events Manager
July 31, 2019

“My Right Hand To Staying Organized!”

OverallOrganization! In this business of catering and special events you have to be able to stay organized and track communication. Before use of this product keeping track of emails and communication was a nightmare. I appreciate how everything is in one place under logical categories for ease of use. I enjoy the Team Communication section as it allows me to keep track of where I left off with a client or to communicate with my team.
ProsI really enjoy the report function of the software. It makes it very easy to report my monthly sales to the owners and GM. I appreciate the real time updates of changes as I make them and that the customer can refresh the portal to see changes as they are made. The filters on Gather are very useful for me when it comes to sorting through bookings and events for more detailed booking information.
ConsI would say the email feature is what I like least however with the new update I am noticing that more of my emails are now going to the clients and are not being lost to spam.
L'Lee C.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Restaurants, 201-500 employees
July 30, 2019

“Gather keeps us organized!”

OverallOur overall experience with Gather is positive. It literally takes about 5 minutes to book a full event as we have custom templates built. Customers appreciate our timely responses due to using this software program. Everything that we send looks very professional. Another thing that is huge for us is being able to have multiple users, so we can all work together and see each other's bookings. We also appreciate the response time from customer service. Keep up the good work!
ProsWe appreciate how easy it is to send contacts out with Gather. It is extremely easy to look up customers and past events. It is a great tool for prospecting and re-booking events.
ConsThe only thing that we don't enjoy is when software programming slows down at times when the company is doing updates. This does not happen often and the flip side of it is Gather is good at staying current with market trends and keeping us updated.
Natalie A.
Director of Guest Services and Events
Sports, 201-500 employees

“Recommend to anyone!”

OverallOverall, the experience with Gather has been great. The Customer Support is amazing, and is always quick to respond and fix any issues you may have. Everything is easy and user friendly.
ProsThis software is SUPER user friendly. I have used it my past couple positions because of how easy it is for not only my position, but anyone else who needs to look into any of the event details. I also like the unlimited viewer side of things. Communication is key and if everyone can have access to all details of the event, it makes it much easier. All of my clients find it easy to use as they can view all of their details on their BEO, and sign off on everything electronically. Being able to jump on the app is very helpful. If I am not at my desk or in the office, I am able to pull up any details anywhere.
ConsI don't like that you are not able to edit a few forms that are already in Gather. We work with it, but it causes a bit more work on my end.
Cassandra O.
Events Coordinator
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
September 12, 2017

“Overall, fairly smooth and easy to use. ”

ProsI like the aesthetic of the software and that the Gather team seems to always be working on ways to improve the product.
ConsI wish that the Task feature functioned more like an alert where some kind of reminder for deadlines would pop up, not only on the page for that particular event, but on the home page and calendar page. If the task feature were a bit more developed then I would be able to stop using Pipedrive altogether. It would also be AWESOME if Gather were integrated with OpenTable or another reservations software system. I also wish there were more color coding options for different categories of events and phases they're in, such as a color for offsite events, or a color for an event that is confirmed but maybe still has a few details to finalize. It would also be fantastic if clients could complete their credit card authorization form directly on the Gather Proposal Page so that they do not have to email credit card information or relay it over the phone.
Suzi H.
Manager/Event Sales

“So Easy!”

OverallIt is easy to see what spaces are already booked for any given day. The calendar notes is also very handy as we are a very large venue with many different functions. It is easy to add an note for different "heads up" groups who do not want to host their event as a private party but do want to let us know they will be coming in
ProsThe best thing about this product is how easy it is to use! I love everything about it. They are constantly working to make things better. We have had many people call trying to get us to switch to their event software, but there is no way we will ever change. This has been a lifesaver for me! I am your biggest fan!
ConsSome problems with the seated dinner menus printing everything on the Chef's BEO. I have managed to make it work by adding the information as "add another item".
Rachel P.
Catering Manager
August 1, 2019

“The best software for private dining & catering”

OverallI used Gather for four years at a previous restaurant and loved it so much that I made Gather a hiring condition for my new job. The customer service is responsive and will work hard to solve any issues. They are constantly trying to find and implement new improvements and I love how they communicate their progress. Gather has fantastic training upon set up and webinars on different features each week.
ProsI love having the Gather app on my phone. I can check my calendar, create proposals and respond to messages on the go! Our restaurant owner can also see what events are coming up through the app.
ConsThe app is a work in progress, but they have made great strides with a lot of new editing features. One feature I would like to see is the ability to edit an event's menu & beverages in the app.
August 1, 2019
Jennifer A.
Catering/Banquet Manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

“Gather is GREAT!”

ProsEase of use. Customer satisfaction. I like that I can use on my phone or tablet. It's a great tool and you can bring it anywhere - client meetings, etc.
ConsSometimes there is a glitch in the system or running slow
Danielle J.
Restaurants, 501-1000 employees
July 30, 2019

“Gather use in the restaurant industry”

OverallOverall, Gather is modern and concise, and makes my job easier.
ProsGather is easy to navigate and user-friendly! It is aesthetically pleasing and organized, which is an event planner's dream! I love the way you can quickly view your monthly calendar to see what is tentative, open, or closed. This is especially useful when guests call in asking about availability. I recommend downloading the app to have your events at your fingertips no matter where you are!
ConsI do not like the fact that you cannot "select multiple" when it comes to archiving leads. If my Event Manager and I get busy, it is time consuming to go back and archive each lead one by one that we no longer need to see. Especially because sometimes when you archive them, they still show up in your current leads. You have to go back in to "edit lead" and "save lead" in order for the archive to register. Also, sometimes when attaching documents, the screen goes green and freezes. You have to just click all over the screen in order to make it go away and finish your message.
Casey D.
Sales and Event Manager
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees

“Gather is Great!!”

OverallI would rate a 10/10, really the best booking system I have used.
ProsThis software is super user-friendly and is quick and easy for booking events from beginning to finish in one sitting.
ConsWhen doing updates it does tend to time out and freeze but Gather reps always send out emails explaining what is going on which is always a great communicator!
Alyssa W.

“Cabarrus Brewing Company”

OverallHaving Gather has completely changed (and enhanced) the booking experience for me. Having an organized calendar of events that is not a google calendar has been incredibly helpful for not only the event staff, but also our management staff to know what is going on daily. Everyone loves the Daily Digest emails that are a glimpse into what we have coming up that day/week. Since using Gather we have been more successful in booking events with less administrative issues such as late payments/over bookings/etc. I honestly do not have enough good things to say about this Software, it has been a life saver!
ProsThe ease of use. Being able to process payments online has been a game changer. We used to always have to have clients come in to process payments and having everything online has streamlined the booking process.
ConsThe only issue I have at the moment is that the mobile app is not as easy to work on the go. I do love having the mobile app, but I wish it was easier to send and edit the email templates.
Robin G.
Director of Events
December 14, 2017

“Wow! This was a lifesaver.”

OverallTIME! I have recommended this product to at least 4 companies and I know two have signed up. The benefit I get is that my guests can see their proposal in real time and it's speedy so contracts can get signed quickly.
ProsI love how user friendly this software is and how it is so easy to navigate. I like how we can generate a report with multiple pages at one time. The filtering options make it very convenient for me to review each of the restaurants at a single time.
ConsIt's a small thing...but when I am in a booking and I want to change some contact information on a booking contact, I have to go to another screen, which is fine, but I can't go right back to the booking I was working on. I have to find the booking again in the big list. BUT, everything else works so great for us.
December 14, 2017
Christina G.
Director of Food and Beverage

“Gather Review ”

OverallI find it to be user friendly for all levels of technical ability. Its quick and easy to use and I love the ability to share banquet event order changes with the guests in real time.
ProsI love the functionality of the software, from the writing process to the use of the app, its all seamless
ConsI wish reporting showed how much business is on the books at any specific date so we could track booking progress by date.
Tiffanie M.
Catering Coordinator
May 13, 2019

“Gather Software”

OverallI really enjoy this software and have recommended it to other catering planners in the industry! It's so easy to use and I can log in on my computer or on my phone through the app.
ProsI really enjoy the ease of use of the software, it is very user friendly and you can jump right in! Clients love the online portal and find approving proposals and paying online to be really easy (I do, too!). Menu templates are easily created, whether a custom menu or pulling up from the existing menus. Customer support has been top notch.
ConsI wish there was more ways to customize the invoice and BEOs for the client (picking and choosing which to display). Other than that, there is not much else to change on my end!
May 13, 2019
Kari M.
head event manager
December 12, 2017

“I couldn't imagine handling our volume of events without Gather, it's a game changer!”

ProsMy favorite part of Gather is the centralized source of information. The entire team has access to communication with the client. The client has up to date access to menus, details, and financials. The team can communicate within each event. The leads form, booking templates, email templates, and generated documents look sharp and make my job a million times easier. There are so many new features since we began with Gather in 2014 and it just keeps getting better.
ConsThe one thing that would be nice is to have a backlog of changes on proposals. Sometimes things get changed accidentally or the client wants to go back to a previous version proposal and I can't access it.
December 12, 2017
Jessica B.
Catering Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 employees

“Gather Software Review”

ProsGather has made managing events effortless. The hardest part was the initial set up but after that the flow of information to both our external clients and internal team a breeze! This program is extremely user friendly and has features that allow the entire process from booking to execution very easy.
ConsThe main feature I would like to add is a automated notification when a contract has been updated along with the date of the last change.
Tobi H.
Senior Sales Manager
Entertainment, 501-1000 employees
July 30, 2019

“Gather saved my events!”

ProsEase of functions, editing is simple, and updating contracts from anywhere.
ConsI wish ours was setup to receive payments
leslie c.
May 14, 2019

“Best thing to happen to our event organization!”

OverallAmazing. Customer service is incredible and prompt, game changer for us!
ProsI love that everything is in one place. Previously we were pulling from 4 different programs. This amped up our professionalism appearance wise and limits potential pricing errors. The client is happy to receive concise paperwork that is always updated with their most up to date financial commitments.
ConsThe ONLY things I wish it could add which are problematic due to so many formats would be some sort of layout system (weddings in particular need soooo much info) and maybe an area to store timeline specific intel as well. These are stretches, I love everything about it.
Janell B.
Events Manager
May 11, 2019

“Gather by Gather Technologies Review”

OverallI am guilty of not jumping on the webinars to see whats new, so my customer support reached out to me directly to schedule a video conference to walk through things she noticed we haven't been utilizing. VERY helpful!
ProsI LOVE the App! Being an administrator, I need the access to constantly update/edit and send out communication and emails through the software, and Gather is very user friendly.
ConsI would like to see a printable version of the Calendar. We need to pass it out to about 50 people to let them know what events to expect and their time frames. Currently, we have to use a blank Google calendar and type each event and its location and time frame in to each day of the week.
May 11, 2019
Esther L.
Director of Development & Corporate Communications
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2019

“Not a flexible software for our rental venue”

OverallIt has taken quite a while to learn how to use it properly. Customer service has been friendly, but the product is the product and I don't think it's right for us.
ProsIt's awesome to have all the information centrally located and to be able to process payments through it. Different staff can log in to see if a room is already booked and that's handy.
ConsWe have numerous recurring renters and this software is not at all set up for that. If we have a basketball team that rents our gym twice a week year-round and their payment arrives monthly, we have to go into every single booking to mark it paid and then close it. This seems unnecessarily time-consuming. Also, the reporting is very limited for our needs. We are less interested in tracking the reasons people don't book with us than we are at having a report that allows us to reconcile with our Quickbooks. At the training our finance director received, she was told the report she wanted didn't exist - what about offering a create-your-own option?
Timothy R.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2017

“Extremely bad customer service, buggy software”

OverallEven though we gave them notice of cancellation after about 9 months they have twice charged our card for renewals which are not valid.
ProsGenerally the contract feature was fine. We liked executing contracts on line even though the contract tool did not have all of the client info required
ConsRegarding our disappointment with Gather I would point to the following - all of which I have reflected to your support people and none of which have been acted on: Your IOS app seems to be able to send messages to clients and it does seem to be able to send templates but not free-form messages. Yet it often leads the user to believe a message has been sent when it has not About 45 days ago new inquiries stopped showing up in your new messages list - your support people insisted this was not a change but it was. It seems logical that new leads would be the most important new messages I asked you to make all the numbers and metrics on your Home page hyperlinked, but you have not. If I see I have two new leads I can click on that number and it takes me to the new leads. If I see I have one new contract signed, the numeral "1" is not hyperlinked and I have to search for the new signed contract. It is difficult or impossible to add a second client contact name but in the wedding business it is pretty normal to have at least two client counterparties. Yes I know about the "onsite" contact but that is not a default email recipient. Look at the confusion that appears in some proposals. Your proposals are not properly itemized and clients do not seem to notice that I have attached a "BEO" which is not a term I could define for you. Look at both "xxx" and "xxx" as examples of proposals where they thought we got the price wrong but they don't see the security deposit because it is not itemized in the proposal. It is completely ridiculous that the client could sign an e-contract without being forced to enter and validate their address, phone, full and correct name, etc. Our normal course is we get a contract signed and then we chase down the additional information required to actually have a contract with the Zenith Additional Information form. This is cumbersome and probably not legally defensible. I want the client to execute the contract having filled in and validated their complete contact info
August 20, 2017
Michelle L.
Sales & Events Manager
October 2, 2019

“Gather Is The Bridge in Which I Succeed With”

OverallOverall, the last 3 years I have solely used Gather to increase sales and execute events for my venues. Not only would I recommend Gather, I have had 2 acquaintances implement Gather for their banquet/catering needs.
ProsThis software is extremely user friendly and is the bridge of communication between myself, my clients, my chef, and my management teams across 4 different venues. Event with the largest events with the most details, I am able to communicate with Gather with every individual involved.
ConsNot even necessarily as a con, I do however wish that there was a way to directly send a mass email to all clients in the database for marketing purposes.
October 2, 2019
David C.
General Manager
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2017

“Gather has been a great tool that reduces the amount of time spent logging details of events!”

ProsEveryone is able to see whats going on in the private dining room. From the Front of House Manger to the Chef to the GM and Banquet Manager. It's all available in one centralized location. Customizing the menu options to cater to the guests needs is a breeze! Sending out contracts that are consistent with your brand is important. Once it's worded properly and stored, it's sent out the same every time. All communication between the guest and the venue is all in one place.
ConsYou can't add events through the app. Changing the uploaded documents seems to revert back to older documents at times.
Alison C.
Event Director
Events Services, 201-500 employees
September 18, 2017

“This booking platform is so user-friendly; it makes the booking process quick and easy.”

OverallGather saves me so much time so I'm able to respond to more leads and create proposals and correspond with clients in a more timely manner. All of this frees me up to do more networking outside the office and in turn generate more business for my event space.
ProsThe most awesome thing is, I can do everything in one system. I receive leads via Gather, I send and receive emails, book space, create BEO's, collect deposits, send invoices and other documents via Gather. It's the greatest and easiest booking system I've ever used and I've been in the event industry since 1987. The 2nd thing I love about Gather is their customer service. My rep always goes above and beyond every time, is always there to assist me, responds immediately, and is an absolute joy to work with.
Chelsea S.
Event Manager
September 18, 2017

“Gather has allowed our team to see each our business as a whole with everything going on!”

OverallA central communication spot for our whole team, rather than searching through emails!
ProsGather is super easy for client's to understand, easy to get estimate approvals, and easy to collect payments. I really like that you can see timestamps of when clients have opened emails that we send through Gather, it lets us know they've at least reviewed the info so we can adjust when to send for a follow up. It is very easy to add and adjust menus and pricing.
ConsSome items we would like to have control of for adjusting, such as how to tax and what menus are taxed, and how those menus can be classified, rather than calling support. We would also like documents uploaded to be available on bookings that were created before they were uploaded - currently you can only upload from the drop down list the documents that were uploaded at the time you created that specific booking, so not all the documents are there.
Allegra G.

“Great product! ”

OverallWe use gather to track events, event notes and contracts for both our venues. It has been a great experience and I have recommended father to other vendors.
ProsEasy to use, all notes are in one place, easy access for clients, tracking events and financials is super easy.
ConsYou can't view notes on your mobile device, clients get confused when viewing financials.
Kristen S.
Marketing Director
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

“Gather Review ”

ProsIts very easily navigable, well-organized, great customer service. You can tell this was created by people in the events industry, it truly saves time wasted on forms, housekeeping items, and allows that time to be used to create more sales. The customer service is quick and I have noticed they truly take suggestions into consideration when bettering the product.
ConsIt still will put emails in clients junk folders, I let clients know this but it definitely creates room for missed sales.
Alicia U.
Event Manager

“Amazing”

ProsI started using this software about a year and half ago. It has made my job so much easier and saved so much time. It is very user friendly ( for both the client and myself). What has really impressed me the most with this company is their customer service. The few times, I have had a question, I received a response by someone on their team within an hour. I could not be happier with Gather and their team.
ConsThe only minor improvement I would like to see made is the ability to communicate to multiple people through the gather website. Often times if I am messaging through their site, and the client will copy people on emails and I am unable to see the copied recipients.
Jennifer R.
Event Sales Manager

“Gather is a Lifesaver!”

OverallGather is a life saver! I do not know how I would keep up with our busy event schedule without it!
ProsGather is very user friendly and helps me keep our event calendar clean and organized. It is fantastic for communicating with both guests and our management team throughout the company.
ConsI have nothing negative to say about Gather. I have had nothing but a pleasant experience. Even if I do run into a software glitch every now and then, I am able to call Gather Support and receive immediate assistance to solve the problem.
Verina S.
July 31, 2019

“Great tool for Event planners ”

OverallEverybody can see updates to any BEO immediately. Much easier to communicate with the team.
ProsI like the ease of use. We have multiple rooms and everyone can see updates on each room immediately.
ConsI just have to make sure I'm under the right category to look up a guests name. Wish it would just come up when typed in.
Matthew B.
Event Director

“Gather 10/10”

ProsGather is great for any event planner, whether its small scale or large scale. I love how easy it is to use, great functions and how it is still evolving and adding new features to help make event planning seem-less.
ConsOne day I hope it adds the feature for when booking leads to select multiple dates for the lead. That is my biggest gripe. Also I do have to send a lot of emails through my personal email, as sometimes sending them through gather, my prospective clients do not receive them.
Annemarie S.
Sales Manager

“Easy to navigate!”

OverallI have really enjoyed the switch to Gather, I would recommend keeping old event orders for a few years if you have repeat business. When moving information menus and details are not included, or they weren't with us. We have lots of repeat business so those notes are essential. In a few years I won't need to keep any information because everything will be readily available in Gather!!
ProsGather is super intuitive, IPhone users will love the software! Also I love the phone app, even if you are away during the event you have all the information at your fingertips.
ConsWhen you add a new contact the cursor does not self populate, its small but irritating, lol.
Alexandra C.
Front of House Manager
December 15, 2017

“Simple yet advanced event planning software.”

OverallHaving one place for all of the events to live.
ProsGather offers users the ability to easily organize a vast majority of events that otherwise can become overwhelming. Being able to process payments on Gather is the BEST feature. It promotes a feeling of professionalism for the guest.
ConsIt could be a bit more streamlined, it requires some clicking that to get to new pages that could be eliminated. To be honest I am not crazy about their new branding, the symbol does not translate for me to something that makes sense.
December 15, 2017