Sniply Ratings

Overall

About Sniply

Sniply is a social media marketing tool allows people to add custom messages to any web page they post. Users can embed call-to-actions into every piece of content they share, including links to articles from Forbes, Mashable, TechCrunch, etc. Anyone who clicks on a Sniply link will see the original content with the call-to-action displayed inside, allowing businesses to convert social media followers into users and customers. Learn more about Sniply

Rick P.
Publishing, Self-employed
September 12, 2019

“Innovative & useful link shortener that is also a CTA and lead generator”

OverallA fun, useful tool for creating on-the-fly calls to action. I use it every day.
ProsThere are a number of similar services like it but Sniply is the one I keep coming back to, not least because the free plan is still very useful if not as powerful as the paid plans, which I have to admit are kind of pricey. (Backly is my favorite tool of this type but there's no free tier and I'm pretty cheap.) Sniply allows you to shorten a link, share it on social media with a call-to-action overlay pointing to whatever site or product you want. You can also create overlays with retargeting pixels, tracking pixels, and even a lead generation overlay that collects email addresses. My favorite feature of Sniply which I could not find documentation for but just discovered today while preparing for this review: Snipping a YouTube or Vimeo video creates a lightbox over wherever you want your followers to go. In my case, it goes to my film review blog. Closing the lightbox lands the visitor directly on my site. Seamless and very cool. Since I regularly share and write about short films that I find on the web, this is amazing!
ConsSniply doesn't work on all sites but that's to be expected: many sites don't like tools like these and consider their use to be hijacking their original content. In that vein, I try to be careful what sort of links I use with Sniply. If the shared content is directly related to my own and if I'm adding value not only by sharing it but also pointing followers to further discussion about that specific content, then I have no qualms. It's a win/win.
September 12, 2019
August 30, 2019

“Amazing CTA for all the links you share”

OverallWe use Sniply for all our shared links. The analytics are super helpful is seeing how effective it is for us.
ProsThis amazing software convert any link you share into a call to action overlay that generates more traffic to you website or offer.
ConsThe only problem with Sniply is the monthly pricing structure. I would definitely recommend the free trial first.
August 30, 2019
Zach P.
Communications Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
October 20, 2018

“Great for adding call-to-actions for curated content on social media”

OverallHelped boost user traffic and has provided as an extremely useful tool on social media.
ProsDriving website traffic through external content curation is a unique challenge that Sniply helps solve. The ability to add call-to-actions pointing back to your own website is a great way to drive traffic. Sniply works well with all of the key platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
ConsSome websites do block Sniply and to my knowledge there is no work around. This is one limitation to keep in mind if you find that links aren't working.
October 20, 2018
11-50 employees
December 27, 2017

“This is an awesome tool for sharing content and branding it ”

ProsThe fact that you can customize the message and call to action button on each post is really great. It gives you the flexibility to create something people will actually interact with. You can also track successes as well.
ConsIt doesn't always work on all sites. Sometimes it just won't be supported but you won't know until you've done all the work.
December 27, 2017
Zach P.
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
January 5, 2017

“A creative way to drive traffic through curated content”

OverallSnip.ly has allowed us to share valuable content from industry experts on social media while granting us the ability to drive traffic back to our website and include call-to-actions. This tool is a great way to diversify your social media content by sharing others content, but still adding your own personalized touch. It is a great tool to help boost website traffic.
ProsIt's an excellent way to add CTA's to curated and shared content. This helps drive additional website traffic.
ConsIt is worth noting that some websites do block services like Snip.ly, but we've only encountered a few of these.
Recommendations to other buyersCTR rates tend to be a little bit low, but that is expected.
January 5, 2017
Mandy J.
Managing Partner
Publishing, Self-employed
January 29, 2019

“Amazing for content marketing”

ProsI just started using this, but if I had discovered it sooner I would've jumped at the opportunity. Honestly, this is my new favorite app. Fantastic approach for leveraging your social media following to drive traffic and conversions without spending money on ads. And they have a free plan available.
ConsMy number one complaint is that I didn't discover it sooner. I've had a few bumps with things not updating properly, but customer service has been attentive so far and seems interested in solving the issue.
January 29, 2019
Bethany S.
February 1, 2017

“Great alternative to Bitly”

OverallSo, if you're not familiar with Sniply, it basically gives you the ability to shorten a link, but when people click that link the page that they end up on will also include a call to action, with your logo, with another link that you choose. If that doesn't make sense, just try out the free version. I love Sniply because it allows me to give my brand more visibility, and also let people know, hey, if you like this post, this page, then I've got something else you might like - take a look! Sniply is easy to use, and even the free version is fully functional. If you opt for a paid version you get even more tools and options.
ProsIt's a fun way to let people know about your brand without posting your own content all the time and it's easy to use.
ConsIt doesn't work on all webpages.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you use it all the time for every link, I imagine it might be annoying. Use it appropriately, as you would any tool.
February 1, 2017
Michelle C.
Senior Executive Recruiter
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
March 8, 2018

“Sniply: Drive Traffic to your Website”

OverallIn my opinion, everyone should sign up a Sniply account! The free account gives you just enough to start building our traffic in a unique way. We have generated income from the service so we don't mind paying the upgrade plan! Free Sniply only offers email support but once you sign up for a plan they'll provide you with phone and set up support and invoicing.
ProsWhen I first heard of it a few months back, I thought it was just another shortening service. And I already have Bit.ly so I don't feel the need to sign up for another similar service. But luckily a friend told me about this service and how this has helped her to drive the traffic back on her website. After hearing her story I felt a keen interest to take a short trip on how to use Sniply.
March 8, 2018
Bob S.
May 15, 2018

“Get full use of the main features with a free account!”

ProsI like that I have a lot of options with just the free account. I was able to customize as many snips as I needed to point to different targets and with unique messages.
ConsYou can snip most web sites, but not all so it is good to understand that going into it. Also, I was not able to use my Sniply links with Pinterest. Not sure if that had to do with Sniply being flagged or Pinterest just not allowing redirectors. This is just something to be aware of.
May 15, 2018
Justin R.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 19, 2018

“Such a great idea I don't know why it took so long to get to market!”

OverallThe ability to share content that will then provide the opportunity to direct the user to our internal sites.
ProsThe ability to share relevant content and still direct users to registration forms, or home pages of internal sites.
ConsIt is a little pricey for what it is, but when you take into account the potential for monetization, the cost is easily outweighed by the benefits.
January 19, 2018
khadeza begum m.
Marketer
February 20, 2019

“Best software for CPA marketing”

OverallI used it to affiliate marketing business
ProsThe best I like about this software is its linking system.Marketer or businessesman can easily use this software to link their url with content and publish it.So it is great for them.
ConsNothing to say.It is just awesome for new marketers.
February 20, 2019
May 8, 2018

“A great tool to get your audience back to your page , and to monitor the click rates of visitors.”

ProsI like it's simplicity and ease of use. You can easily create a snip that you can use and it's easy to create new ones as well.
ConsI don't like that the snips are not customizable. It's better if the snips can be modified so I can create a more compelling link for the audience to click.
May 8, 2018
Richard M.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“Mind blowen”

OverallGood so far and will persist with it.
ProsIf you are looking for omnipresence this bit of software is awesome share content across your social networks and when they click on it they see your branding. Currently on trial but think this will be part of my marketing tool bag very soon.
ConsJust getting you head around how it works and learning how to get your branding on it for different target clients
August 8, 2019
Sladjana M.
Economic
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
June 1, 2019

“Sniply is an interesting marketing tool that allows you to add a message or a call to action.”

OverallI use Sniply to advertise my job, so people can click on my message within some popular news to get to the link or my URL and find out more information.
ProsThis marketing service gives you the opportunity to advertise what you want in an original and easy way by inserting a message into a current news item or an interesting newspaper article and sharing it on networks.
ConsYou can only paste brief information. Sometimes there is no big effect.
June 1, 2019
Mike S.
Digital Marketer
September 9, 2018

“Easily Add Call-To-Action To Button to Your Links”

OverallI like using it to drive traffic to my own content even if I'm sharing someone else's link.
ProsIt's as easy as bit.ly to set up a striking call to action on any link that you share.
ConsWould be nice to be able to adjsut the design a bit more.
September 9, 2018
Internet, Self-employed
October 4, 2019

“Great marketing trick / software”

OverallGreat experience, easy to use. Super smart software tool.
ProsI loved how easy it was to use. It was very intuitive. Required no tutorial. Used it on the free trial and it is super clever.
ConsI do not feel the pricing justifies paying for it in my case. Although this might be different for other people depending on their marketing strategy. It is 100% worth checking out on the free trial and seeing the value.
October 4, 2019
11-50 employees
March 9, 2018

“Really not a great tool, "snips" look like spam”

ProsIt can direct traffic from a separate site to my clients in a fairly easy way. customizable CTAs are helpful
Consit looks like complete spam, and the character limit is incredibly constraining. i only use this because its the cheapest option
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Quick & Easy”

OverallI really enjoy being able to quickly take a link from a page I am reading and post it to my social media account. .
ProsI like to be able to passively brand content I would normally share anyway. It keeps me from having to create all my content and I can also add my branding and call to action
ConsThe service does not work on all web sites.
December 4, 2018
Michelle F.
Account Manager
March 9, 2018

“I use Sniply to promote one of my clients.”

ProsI like how easy it is to snip an article, once the snip is customized. I also like how customizable the snip can be.
ConsIt's hard to differentiate click data between clients, from my end it combines the data from all the different snips.
Ann G.
July 28, 2014

“Effective online marketing tool”

OverallSimple to use and drives conversion better thananything out there
July 28, 2014
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2019

“Call to Action Button”

ProsI really liked that if I want to share an article with a client or potential client, I can use my website or others to attach to the article so that they can read the article and then click on the button right away and it will take them to the other website without having to enter it in or anything else. It is VERY user friendly and great for customers.
ConsThe least thing I liked about this software was that it doesn't catch typos.
January 9, 2019