SignUp.com Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

About SignUp.com

Free, online SignUps and coordination solutions from SignUp.com (formerly VolunteerSpot) make it a snap to coordinate groups big and small, for anything! Create volunteer calendars and organize activities in minutes with our simple Planning Wizard and custom themes. Collect contributions, send alerts and updates, track service hours, post waivers, and more. Great for nonprofits, schools, leagues, faith groups, businesses, universities, anyone! Premium and Campus plans available too. Learn more about SignUp.com

Eric M.
October 27, 2017

“They've been my #1 choice as a teacher for several years. Fast help response. Will use again!”

ProsI love the service and how it shows status in real time, and parents like the flexibility to rearrange appointments at will. The reminders are a very good thing, and I had zero unannounced no-shows at any appointment. The notification options for participants, being able to send a link in email AND post a button to my website was brilliant. I think I caught every parent I needed to see, and others clearly knew they had the option to meet with me if they wished.
ConsI use the free service and am unlikely to purchase an upgrade at this time. (I only benefit your company in terms of eyeballs and awareness as my students families sign in, and as I recommend your site to other teaching colleagues.) In order for me to continue to be a devotee of SignUp.com, I need an easier and more obvious way to find the list of parents who signed up with the field that shows who their child is in my class. With today's blended families, parent last names are not an indicator of who their child is. As a middle school teacher with 100+ student on my rosters, I need a fast way to see who the adult is that has made the appointment, as well as who is the child they are coming to consult about. I bounced around your multiple list views and reports before contacting Help. Their response was very swift, (yay!), but the answer was not self-evident to me as a user: I needed to pull up a Check-In report, and there I would at last find the students names shows, as long as I checked the show extra fields box when requesting the report. All told, I figured out the answer over the course of a couple of afternoons, but I admit I was getting frustrated. When I told this to SignUp customer service, the were back to me within minutes and expressed they would look into how to make it more intuitive in the future. One can't beat their responsiveness!
October 27, 2017
Cherry K.
IB & AP Parent Volunteer Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
June 10, 2019

“Outstanding Site to help with volunteer coordination!”

OverallI have been using Signup.com (formerly VoluneerSpot.com) for 9 years now in my volunteer role as the International Baccalaureate (IB) & Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Proctor Coordinator for our high school. It has been an excellent tool for me and I am most grateful to your team. Signup.com has allowed me to successfully help my kids' school find parent proctors to help administer the IB and AP tests for the past 9 years. On an average, I needed to fill about 160 proctor spots every exam season which is over a 5-week period in the months of April and May. Signup.com allows me to connect with the parents effectively and efficiently months before the exam period starts. It also helps me manage with ease once the parents start signing up. I especially like the option of being able to lock dates to avoid parents arbitrarily canceling their spots the day before their assignment.
ProsEase of use; flexibility in setting up spots; option to lock signups; reports created especially the export feature; being able to monitor who has read the emails sent via the site; being able to send messages and invitations so easily - choose recipients
ConsThe limitation on the number of emails that you can upload all at once.

By SignUp.com on June 13, 2019
Thanks for your Good work supporting the IB and AP students, Cherry! We appreciate your generous feedback and loyalty to our service. For future reference, you may upload an email list of any size to a Contact List and then invite people to your SignUp directly from the Contact List. Thanks for your review!
June 10, 2019
Mira R.
Chief Volunteer Officer
Events Services, 1-10 employees
August 25, 2017

“One of the best tools ever for volunteer coordinators!”

OverallAs a volunteer coordinator working with hundreds of volunteers 15 to 20 times a year, I treat it as a multi-use tool - a worksheet, a roster, a plan and a summary or report post-event. It makes managing volunteers on paper so easy. At a glance, I can see how many more I need and for what task, day or event.
Pros1) intuitive 2) it doesn't ask for a lot of unnecessary info from volunteers 3) it's quick and easy to sign up large groups 4) you can attach a volunteer waiver with the paid subscriptions 5) you have the ability to print out a roster, a check-in form or a summary
ConsA minor fix - I would just like to see the ability to use a single email address to sign up multiple groups. For example, a coach who signed up her track team to volunteer, can also use the same email address to sign up her youth church group for the same event. Right now, the same coach needs to use two different email addresses to be able to do that.
August 25, 2017
Paula K.
CEO & Founder
Events Services, 501-1000 employees
December 6, 2016

“I love SignUp.com because it helps our agency organize events and volunteers. ”

OverallIt give us a way to get reports for our events and help us give clear information to our volunteers. I understand the reason for changing the name. However, I like it when it was VolunteerSpot it helped my new volunteers find us easier.
ProsHow easy it is.
ConsIt is really nothing. I just did not like the name change from VolunteerSpot to SignUp. When it was VolunteerSpot it was easier for new volunteers to find us.
Recommendations to other buyersWell, I know the service is to help schools. However, I have a volunteer agency and this is an amazing service for me as well. However, I have a problem with not being able to find the services we do listed. I always have to call what we do OTHERS, or Events Services. We work with Non and For-Profits. If there is anyway I can help I would love to. I have used this service for a few years and though it is amazing and I have not found anything to match it, it does need a little help to work with my agency and a few of the other organizations that I have suggested use the program.
December 6, 2016
Judith W.
Volunteer & Board Member
September 3, 2019

“SignUp.com Saves My Sanity”

OverallI love SignUp.com! I coordinate volunteers of our local animal welfare agency and low-cost spay/neuter clinic to work our tent at the county fair. With 128 volunteer hours to fill, I know from experience that trying to fill all the slots is a nightmare without you guys. Thank you! You help me keep my sanity during the 9 days of our fair.
ProsIt was easy to upload volunteers from my contact list. Reminders are sent out automatically so I don't have to do it. I can see who is reading the emails I send. The messages sent using SignUp.com look much better than just sending a plain email. I am able to use sign-ups from previous years' events so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just update with the current calendar.
ConsIf I haven't used SignUp.com in a while, it takes me a few minutes to remember how to maneuver the program but once I get back into the rhythm of it, I'm good to go.

By SignUp.com on September 7, 2019
Thanks for your generous feedback, Judith and for your GOOD work with our furry friends!
September 3, 2019
Eric N.
Volunteer/Events Manager
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
April 28, 2017

“Really simple to use, both as a manager and from the volunteer side. ”

ProsThe ease of use. We have a wide range of volunteers with a wide range of computer skills. Everyone is able to sign up, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from our volunteers about SignUp.com. The automatic reminders are great, being able to fun reports with hours is really great for tracking volunteer hours. When I run into other volunteer managers looking for a new system, I always bring up SignUp.
ConsI do wish it had volunteer profile pages. I know not having them is what makes it so easy to sign up, but as a manager I do wish I could gather some more info from our volunteers. Also if it could feed into our database, that would be nice. To be able to cross reference volunteers and donors would be great.
April 28, 2017
Ashley R.
Educator
Libraries, 51-200 employees
July 28, 2019

“Great for small organizations that want to give volunteers autonomy over scheduling ”

OverallI've had a very positive experience with signup.com and I would recommend it to other people. The free version is definitely worth using and provides and affordable scheduling tool for a small organization.
ProsThis software allows users to set up schedules for people for any kind of projects that they want. My organization has used it organize young volunteers to assist us in events. They volunteers are given a link to the sign up site, which makes sure the only ones given the ability to sign up are volunteers we've chosen or that other volunteers have deemed qualified. The amount of control I have but the allowance for volunteer autonomy is very useful. It was saved me a huge amount of time scheduling.
ConsI found it difficult to enter the scheduling I wanted too when the same event was occurring at different times. I think the user interface calendar needs to be more user friendly and less clunky.

By SignUp.com on August 1, 2019
Hi Ashley - Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience. We'd love to learn more about the activities you were scheduling and perhaps we can share some best practices to speed/simplify your planning and setup. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. Thanks for your Good work in your community!
July 28, 2019
Andrew B.
August 17, 2018

“Show Up Improvement”

OverallIt has helped our Latinos in Action Program here at Kearns High tremendously! We do a lot of service projects, service activities, social and cultural activities as part of our class. Before, we would print out a sign Up sheet and pass it around the class. Students would only be able to sign up when they came to class and would forget they did. They would also have things come up and not tell me, which is infuriating. Our show up rate was very low and not very good. We'd get 20 people to sign up and only 5-6 show up. This past year, we switched to using Sign Up .com, and our show up rate has increased dramatically. Students can sign up when they see a new activity posted, get reminders and communicate if they can't make it anymore on their terms, which makes things so much easier for me as a teacher. I have encouraged all Latinos in Action Programs to use it! I highly recommend it!
ProsIt is easy to use and very user friendly. The links make it easy to use and for students to access.
ConsSometimes I would get cancellations but students did not cancel.
August 17, 2018
Patricia S.
Math Teacher/Coordinator
August 28, 2019

“Sign Up”

OverallExcellent!
ProsSign Up is relatively easy to use, but mostly it is such a time saver when trying to schedule an event with many people. At my school we have used it for parents to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences. It saves all the back and forth of letting parents know when you are available, and letting them choose from what you have posted. I used it this past summer to schedule tutoring sessions. Instead of rattling of what days and times I was available (which would change every time someone signed up) they could just go in and check. Then Sign Up sends out emails both to the parents and myself a few days prior as a reminder. I have recommended a Sign Up to many other teachers, but nearly anyone could make use of it for a variety of tasks.
ConsOnly at the beginning, I was a little lost in finding my way around the site, but the help was quick, personal and very helpful in putting me on track.

By SignUp.com on September 7, 2019
Thanks, Patricia - we appreciate you sharing your experiences using SignUp and your positive review! Thanks for all you do for ALL the kids and have a wonderful school year!
August 28, 2019
Elise B.
cafe volunteer co-ordinator
Sports, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2019

“signup.com review”

Overallits great - it allows us to publish a roster in advance, and vary how many volunteers we would like each day. Then once we email the link to members, they can easily see which spots are available and commit to one.
Prosthe software's brilliant - I love it - thanks. I used it to manage a roster of cafe volunteers at my local ski club, Mt Cheeseman, New Zealand. Setting up the roster is straight-forward, and its really, really easy for club members to click on the link and choose a day to volunteer. The system then automatically sends them a reminder, and tells the administrator if anyone has cancelled. I liked that the administrator is the only one who sees people's email addresses, and that people signing-up to volunteer don't have to register or provide passwords to log-in or anything cumbersome like that - just name, email and phone number.
ConsEditing the roster took a little bit more time to figure out than setting it up in the first place, but it was still easy
September 23, 2019
Amanda C.
Volunteer Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees
September 28, 2017

“We use it for our volunteer sign up for events!”

OverallIt's quick, easy, detailed, and easy to share, access and edit. I am so thrilled to be able to use this software, it helps is tremendously when recruiting and setting up volunteers for our events.
ProsWe tend to have the same events every year so being able to copy then tweak the details the following week is amazing! The details, including dates, shift time, and descriptions do a great job of setting out volunteers up with all the info they will need pre-event. I like the export feature so I can go in a get all the details and set it up how I like in Excel.
ConsWe tried the updated version and we were unable to make the check in work for us for large groups - there was no easy way to edit if people brought more or less than the amount they said. I brought this to the attention of their Support Team and they were SO understanding and tried to give suggestions and be accommodating. They showed appreciation for the constructive criticism and stated they would work to improve this feature in the future.
September 28, 2017
Amy F.
July 30, 2019

“Best Volunteer Management Tool!”

OverallWe no longer use paper sign up sheets!!
ProsSignUp.com makes managing all of our church volunteers incredibly easy. The best part is reminder emails are sent directly from them so we don't have to worry about it!
ConsSignUp.com does automatically sign people up to receive a weekly news email and users have to be sure to un-select the box so they don't receive this. This can be confusing to some users and some others don't want to receive such things!

By SignUp.com on July 31, 2019
Thanks for sharing your generous feedback, Amy - it's a privilege to help people-power your Good work! Paper-free is a fantastic achievement -- good for everyone & our planet!
July 30, 2019
Boyd R.
Managing Counsel
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
December 1, 2018

“Great for HS Reunion Organizing!”

OverallI've also used SignUp.com to organize a professional luncheon, and our turnout was higher than ever -- we believe because of the ease of RSVP-ing and paying in just a matter of minutes. Will definitely recommend SignUp.com and use it again in the future, enthusiastically!
ProsSetting up the RSVP and payment functions (through WePay) was straightforward and intuitive. While not specifically designed for this specific function (a high school class reunion), it worked spectacularly and not only helped people RSVP, but also commit with their payments and get automatic periodic reminders. It took the pain out of having to collect money in cash or checks, and eliminated the need to post "someone at the door" to collect, so that all of us could just enjoy the reunion when it arrived. Also the ability to generate the list of RSVPs (sign-ups) and share with others was terrific.
ConsFor us, gathering RSVPs but also collecting money, the process of going from one to the other could be improved as a few people signed up but didn't pay at first, and others paid at first but didn't "sign up." Once the organizer chooses to collect money, the system should self-configure to guide the end-user (who is signing up) to both sign up and then pay, to avoid having people do one part but not the other.
December 1, 2018
Sue C.
October 27, 2018

“Great Product”

ProsHad a great turn out at my parent conferences because SignUp automatically sent the invite to the parent's email address. They could sign up for one slot that fit their schedules so I did not have to send home a sign up list, have them choose three spots, and hope that I did not schedule another conference with on their selection. Signup sends an email reminder to all the families. All I had to do was set it up. No reminder notes to send home and no switching around conferences-easy peasy.
ConsSometimes it was hard to navigate between setting up the spots and checking who signed up. I wasn't always notified when a parent signed up, so I had to check it daily. This wasn't a big deal, but I had to make sure ALL of my parents had signed up. Also, not all parent have access to a computer, so they didn't check their email. However, I just called those parents and inserted their names so I could print out a complete schedule for the week of conferences.
October 27, 2018
Najja E B.
Executive Director
March 21, 2018

“SignUp does the all the necessary work. It sends out reminders and notifications like an assistant!”

ProsI have a bank of volunteers with whom I work as a nonprofit organization. When a community outreach event comes up and I need to notify volunteers, then I go to SignUp. It's easy to set up, navigate and operate. I create the venue and notify the volunteers right away. The volunteers can sign up by selecting which outreach event, location, and shift they want to volunteer for. Right at their disposal is a complete description of their responsibilities and duites. SignUp does all the work by reminding the volunteers of their assignment via email. As the Executive Director, I too get notification when someone signs up as a volunteer and the reminders that were sent. I can closely track all of the activity, know who has signed up and can opt to generate a sign-in sheet. It's a great way to centralize the nonprofit community outreach activity. It provides one-stop shopping so volunteers can see what fits their fancy. I absolutely love it! It has decreased my admin time by at least one-third. It's like having an admin assistant to complete the work I don't have time to do!
ConsVolunteers can't find the location/address of the event once they've signed up. It's there, but just appears to be buried and not as visible as it should be. There are too many adds and it makes the page look busy.
March 21, 2018
Gene K.
Volunteer - Volunteer Coordinator
March 19, 2017

“Volunteering made simple”

OverallI have used Volunteer Spot / Signup.com now for two years and three different applications as I am the volunteer coordinator for all three. Signup allows our volunteers to check the calendar of events, select the date and time slot that works best for them and sign up, easy. The beauty of this program is that it then alerts me to the activities, when someone signs up and in some cases where they withdraw as well. I would highly recommend Signup.com to all volunteer coordinators or those who are managing volunteers. Thank you so much for also having a no charge version of this program for those of us who are doing small groups and nonprofits as well.
ProsIt makes being a volunteer organizer a lot easier.
ConsNone that I can think of.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are a volunteer coordinator I highly suggest that you at least try SignUp.com. If you do not like or appreciate what it can do for you then discontinue using it. My guess is that once you get it set up and use it a few times you will love it, it gives your volunteers the power to choose their spot giving them some control. Now you may still have to send out email reminders if it is an ongoing event like I do to remind people to check their availability but that is okay too. Now if SignUp could just find us more volunteers........ Great program, try it out.
March 19, 2017
Linda T.
Shift Coordinator
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
November 9, 2016

“Bazaar Shift Coordinator”

OverallOur church's bazaar runs for five days in the Fall (this includes 1 1/2 days of set-up and 3 1/2 days for the actual bazaar. For two year's I've organized the approximately 150 shift workers using your site and found it a breeze to use and tremendously helpful. Being notified if anyone cancelled helped a lot. Your email reminders a couple days before each worker's shift made my job so much easier. Your quick response to any questions I had was wonderful. The site is so easy for me to use and the shift workers loved it, too. Thanks.
ProsEase of use
ConsWish I could figure out how to go in and add a person's email address after they've signed themselves up but didn't give you that information. They miss out on your reminders if you don't have their email address and I'd like to know how to add it without having to delete their name and then re-enter it. If I delete their name to do that, then they will get an email from you saying that I deleted their shift and gave them a new assignment. This confuses the worker when they wonder why I deleted their shift. Is there a way for me to just add their email address without the worker receiving this notice?
Recommendations to other buyersno
November 9, 2016
Jean B.
teacher
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
October 17, 2019

“Ease of scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups”

OverallI've used this website for about three years, and it has been an efficient, well-organized website for me to use when scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups.
Pros SignUp.com made it fairly easy for me to create parent sign-ups and check on the status of their sign-ups.
ConsNot being tech savvy, I did have to ask my younger colleagues how to complete a few of the steps.
October 17, 2019
Elizabeth G.
Administrator
October 6, 2019

“Easy to use for all users”

OverallI use signup.com to sign up church volunteers. The volunteers are mostly older church members that can easily use the signup. I like the printed reports and the ability to communicate with volunteers within the Signup.
ProsEasy to use for people not tech savvy, ability to duplicate signups, love the email reminders for users, like to see all spots that a single user has signed up for
ConsLimited themes with the free version. Ad free option too expensive for small group quarterly signups.

By SignUp.com on October 7, 2019
Thanks for being a leader in your church and for sharing your feedback, Elizabeth. Please keep in mind that most people (80%) will be signing up on their smartphones and there is very limited screen real-estate for themes. We hope our proven and attractive options will meet your needs. We also offer an ad-free version for $9.99 per month covering unlimited SignUps, Group Pages and notifications (discounted annually offering 2 months free). Perhaps we can fit in a future budget.
October 6, 2019
Kim M.
2nd Grade Classroom Teacher
Education Management, 201-500 employees
April 22, 2018

“As a teacher I use this product to get parents to sign up for parent teacher conferences.”

ProsI especially like that reminders are sent out to parents. I no longer have parents forgetting to come to a conference. I also really like that parents can easily follow the link sent out without having to sign in to the site. My previous sign ups are also saved and this allows me to look back to see who signed up. Parents are also able to change their sign up times without me having to get involved. It is a super fair way do conference sign ups and it makes my life so much easier.
ConsAt this point I do not have anything that I do not like. Since I do not use the site all the time it takes me a few minutes each time to get used to things again. However, it is easy enough to figure out and I have not had any problems getting around the site and getting the job done that I need to do. Thank you.
April 22, 2018
Linda K.
November 11, 2016

“Another very satisfied SignUp.com User”

OverallI have been using this software for about 3 years now to organize the over 200 volunteers who manage our annual charitable event, a used book sale sponsored by the Friends of the Guelph Public Library. Although retired now (and volunteering!) I have worked with LOTS of software people in my nearly 30 years of IT work, and the SIGNUP support team are a notch way above the average in absolutely every way. They answer questions quickly. The FAQ's are actually helpful. The videos are sometimes all you need to understand a set-up issue. As well, they understand that most of the people who use their software are not made of money, and so are willing to allow some flexible payment adjustments if you cannot afford to "Drive the Cadillac" all year round. One thing that is very important is product consistency or improvement. This was a solid product when it was Volunteerspot, but it just keeps getting better. The transition to SignUp was completely seamless, no glitches at my end, and the new features that came along with the change to SignUp make this an excellent volunteer management tool. Do not hesitate to give this a try!
Prosease of set-up and use flexibility of set-up options reliability - no down time communication "hooks" (messaging) that is built in uploads of external contact lists very easy and error free
Conssome of the reporting could be improved, and I am not thrilled that I have to pay the top price to be able to do cross-signup reports. Maybe someday that will become a standard feature.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it. I feel that it will manage almost any group's activity!
November 11, 2016
Jenie L.
Public Relations Coordinator
Libraries, 11-50 employees
November 13, 2018

“Organizing volunteers for Library Book Sale with ease”

OverallThe product is easy to setup and our volunteers find it simple to use. We have been using this service for 3 years and have found it to be a BIG time saver. We shotgun out an email through sign-up.com to all of our registered volunteers. They can go the the sign-up area and choose which shifts they wish to volunteers. We have an active record of our volunteers spots that are filled and the volunteer receives a reminder email a few days before their volunteer shift. The biggest benefit is that I can clone previous events where we typically have the same need for volunteers. Simply change the dates for the event and all of the open shifts are automatically placed into the cloned event. WOW! Love this service!
ProsThe best thing about this product is that it is SO easy to use and setup. Our volunteers enjoy the ease of online sign-ups and the helpful reminders when their shift is near.
ConsI love everything about the service. I have nothing negative to share.
November 13, 2018
Therese Z.
Guidance Secretary
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
November 29, 2017

“Excellent site for organizing parent teacher conferences”

OverallParent conferences had the highest attendance since I've been in the Middle School. Saved me a ton of time.
ProsThere are so many pros to this site, I probably will not be able to remember them all. Here are just a few: It gives parents more incentives to come to conferences as they can choose & change their times to their convenience. It uses modern ways of communication so that more parents are apt to use it as there is no pressure and it takes only a few seconds to sign up. It's basic version is free so that schools on a budget can use it. It is user friendly. It has excellent organization. It saves the organizer's time. Who ever designed it understands how to organize events as even the smallest details are covered, for example the sign ups can be locked, email reminders are sent, reports can be generated, other teachers can get live reports of who is coming. Can't think of any improvements. Made my life easier... ;)
November 29, 2017
Keri S.
November 4, 2017

“SignUP is an EXCELLENT system for coming alongside a teacher to setup meeting and events.”

OverallTIME saved....many steps are bypassed on the teacher's part when using SignUp, so the relief of not having to send home hard copy letters requesting a parent to list their "top 3 dates available," then having to place parents into a schedule, resend a letter home to parents, etc.... So much TIME saved on teachers' parts. Thank you SignUp.com staff!!! You are so appreciated!
ProsThe task of scheduling my parent-teacher conferences was less challenging, and actually gave the parent "buy-in," holding the students' parents accountable to their own date and time choice, rather than the teacher assigning the parent "a date!" Also, the reminders sent out by SignUp to parents...great help!
ConsThe technology aspect allows the parent "an out" for attending with a simple "click " on a device, the parent can cancel, switch times, etc. My schedule seemed to change a few times in the '11th hour.'
November 4, 2017
Claire L.
Volunteer Manager
September 14, 2018

“Very Easy to Use”

OverallSignUp.com has eased the process that I used to manage large events needing many volunteers doing different jobs with Excel spreadsheets... volunteers changing shifts, emailing me with every change or question. It was so time consuming. Now I can send out all the openings, with details on each shift and people can make their own selections and changes if they want. I am more efficient and able to reach more people with the sign-up link. I can post the signup link in lots of places and everyone can access it. It is just terrific.
ProsIt is easy to use and allows me to add volunteer jobs, add shifts along with writing separate descriptions. It is easy to add to, easy to make changes, run reports and sends reminders to participants along with emails to me about changes and final names for the event. It is great.
ConsWhen I receive the emails, there are ads on the letters. But I understand that it is necessary, especially as it is free to us! As a non-profit with $0 budget for this, I am grateful for this tool.
September 14, 2018
Linda J.
Project Graduation Chairperson
June 28, 2018

“Great Experience”

OverallI had all my information about the volunteers in one place. To be able to click a few buttons and send out a mass email was wonderful.
ProsThank you for creating this perfect way to communicate in the digital age we live in. Setting up the requests and having people sign up by attaching a link in an email was so easy and extremely helpful. We started using the services last year and everything is executed perfectly. To be able to send the group a quick note of thanks after the event and have everyones email addresses at the click of a button couldn't have been easier. We will continue to use for any and all events we need help with.
ConsNothing. We have used SignUp for volunteers and donations over the last 2 years. Everyone has responded well and the software has been very user friendly.
June 28, 2018
Karen D.
Family Ministry Coordinator
December 11, 2018

“A Walk with Jesse”

OverallUsing this software was an extremely positive experience. I have nothing but praise for the software and the people who manage it. We found a small glitch in the confirmation before our registration opened and emailed tech support. We had an answer and resolution within 2 hours even though the tech request was sent at 5:30 pm! The tech support is amazing! Quick to respond, clear in their resolution and super polite. I would highly recommend this site to anyone!
ProsThis software was very easy to use, even for our complicated schedule of journeys per day. Confirmations and reminders went out without a glitch and our attendance was wonderful. We even used it to request food donations to feed our volunteers during the presentations. For a small church with no budget, the cost to use this software was a God send!
ConsI have absolutely nothing negative to say. This is a terrific resource! Using this site made managing the sign ups very easy and there was no need for me to keep track of confirmations and reminders. Even printing out the registrations was simple to do. This site is truly amazing!
December 11, 2018
Luis B.
Physical Security Manager
May 7, 2018

“We utilize Sign Up for volunteers to schedule themselves for events. ”

ProsSign zip is great. The ability to publish a calendar and allow them to sign up for events that they are available for. You're able to create shifts and give them information in regards to the event. We love the abilities to automatically send out reminders to all those who sign up. Sign up truly makes it easy to schedule volunteers. Volunteer can also leave comments to ask questions. Overall Sign up is a great asset to any organization who utilizes volunteers.
ConsI cannot think of any cons of this software. It has truly streamlined our volunteer process and makes their experience easy and friendly. They have enjoyed the ability to plan ahead and feel honored in the process.
May 7, 2018
Lori M.
Finance Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“SignUp.com”

OverallWe have been very pleased with signup.com and it has saved us time and money not having to utilize staff on the phone or using the mail.
ProsWe do two major fundraisers and a number of concert and other events during the year that we use volunteers for. We started using signup.com about 3 or 4 years ago and it has worked very well for our needs. It keeps our volunteer information in one place and is flexible enough for us to use for various types of events. The set up is easy and once your volunteer's information is in the system it is easy to send out invitations and confirmations for volunteering opportunites.
ConsIt had a small learning curve, but once you have set up an event and figured out the process it works easily.
January 9, 2019
Marilyn S.
Retired
Non-Profit Organization Management, Unspecified
October 10, 2017

“I use the SignUp software to organize volunteer activities at Interbay P-Patch in Seattle WA”

OverallOrganization was easy, no pencil and paper required, easy to access and to retrieve, well organized events that ran smoothly and raised a lot of money or helped a lot of people.
ProsEase of use, free, clear graphics, allows use of pictures/photos, volunteers can access some parts of the program to be independent in signing up and making some changes, makes a permanent record of the event and who participated. Keeps things well organized and transparent.
ConsShort but necessary learning. Curve. Several of our older volunteers who are not very technology savvy had difficulty accessing and using the software and kept needing reinforcement. Hard to share info with others unless using a more advanced (must pay for it) version.
October 10, 2017
Deanna T.
Volunteer Coordinator
September 23, 2017

“SignUp.com simplified volunteer sign up for the food outreach activities of our church! ”

OverallMuch easier to invite new volunteers, ensured we had volunteers for activities and that we had them in the positions needed, simplified reporting to church leadership, enabled us to message volunteers about changes.
ProsOnce an activity is created it can be copied into any other dates needed. Our needs repeat monthly, so this was a great help! The system is easy to use because it doesn't require and account and one more password to memorize! The automatic notices and reminders were also appreciated by our organizers and volunteers. And church leadership valued the reports we could generate to track who was volunteering and how many volunteer hours had been donated.
ConsThe mobile version and the desktop version work very differently, so that caused some confusion with our volunteers until I realized the problem and provided instructions for both kinds of devices.
September 23, 2017
Ellen G.
teacher
May 29, 2017

“This program has made scheduling Parent Teacher Conferences easy.”

OverallI spent less time setting up appointments. I have a record of the schedule.
ProsThis program is such a great time saver. As a teacher, I have so much grading and planning to do for my students and setting up the conferences used to take so much time away from these essentials. Now, I can schedule conferences without the back and forth communications that used to be the norm with the traditional paper scheduling. Now participants can switch spots without having to contact me. I really like the updates about who has signed up so I can email parents the link again when they have not yet set up their appointment for a conference. Therefore, this program has been a great convenience and I won't go back to paper schedules.
ConsEach slot has to be individually set up rather than being able to put in a timeframe with a start and end time that self populates the time slots.
May 29, 2017
Amy W.
Operations and Membership Manager
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Perfect for event volunteer management”

OverallWe host an annual conference that moves around the county, so we set up the event, the shifts, and job descriptions and gave local partners the SignUp link to send to their volunteers. It was so turnkey and easy for everyone to understand.
ProsYou can access a free version, which had all the functionality we needed. The automatic shift reminders, the ability to let volunteers schedule themselves and the comprehensive reporting made this an ideal solution for us. It's also super simple to set up and use.
ConsAnything I didn't like or wanted to see was available in the paid upgrade, so I really can't complain when I was getting everything for free.
November 2, 2018
Gigi M.
Resort Services Manager
April 7, 2018

“This is great for the organizer and for the volunteers! So easy to use!”

ProsEase of use, even for non tech-savvy folks. Once it's set up for the season you don't need to do anything else with it -- just let your volunteers go! You and they get reminders.
ConsOnly con is that calendar sometimes takes a long time to load. Otherwise, I have NO COMPLAINTS with this software.
April 7, 2018
Darlene K.
January 5, 2017

“Made my event effortless!”

Overall My event was on December 28th. It was my 2nd annual Christmas Dinner for the Homeless. Last year anyone that wanted to volunteer to help out sent me an email. I had 174 volunteers! While that is wonderful that so many people wanted to help, it was a nightmare for me. Actually, it was the most difficult part of planning my event. I had to return everyone's email. Usually more than once. My Co-Chair and I had to assign a job for everyone so that we didn't have 174 people showing up without an assignment. It was a nightmare. Last year someone from our school/Church suggested that I use your software "signup.com" for our event next year. We use it at our school and everyone loves it. So this year, I decided what positions I needed and how many people and posted it. It worked perfectly! I only had to return a few emails this year and had just the amount of people I needed. 174 was WAY too many! On the day of the event, I printed out a report with names and assignments and I was all set! The only problem I encountered was that I added the day before the event for some help with making gift bags and cookies. I only had 1 person show up because I don't think that the other people noticed that it was the day before the event, not the same day. It's hard to tell that they are separate. Other than that, it worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much for making this available for free! It's really helpful for people like me that are working on a small budget.
January 5, 2017
Elisabeth A.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Insurance, 11-50 employees
May 2, 2019

“Easy to use!”

ProsJust wanted to say that I absolutely love using SignUp.com. It's easy to use, lets me coordinate with a lot of different people, and get spots filled quickly. Thanks a lot!
ConsThe only downside is that on the user side, people have complained that it's hard to tell who has signed up just by their initial. In our case, people like to sign up for events with their friends, so maybe adding an option for them to see someone's full name right away.

By SignUp.com on May 9, 2019
Thanks for being a leader in your workplace and for taking the time to review our product, Elizabeth! For future reference, full Participant names are shown on smartphone screens under each Spot when people sign up. For Participants signing up on larger-screen devices, clicking on the initials shows their full names. (Provided the Organizer has checked the option allowing Participants to see the names of who has signed up .)
May 2, 2019
Amy F.
July 24, 2018

“Sign Up helped us do away with those old sign up sheets!”

ProsSign Up allows people to easily sign up for regular volunteer spots or special event spots. The set up is nice and easy to lay out the positions we have available. We can easily link it to our web and emails so people can click and they are there.
ConsSome of our team administrators struggle with things like setting up events and such. This could be a little more user-friendly on the admin side.
July 24, 2018
jean p.
GIS Specialist
Utilities, 51-200 employees
October 2, 2017

“We are so pleased with SignUp and using it for our Moderators/Monitors volunteer spots.”

ProsEveryone rants about how easy it is to use, they don't need to provide full info only if they want, they love the reminders and that they can get it on their phones. I love it as a coordinator to just copy last years schedule and change the titles and times. The reports are great, the organization of emails, thank you's and participants is great!
ConsI was going to start looking at how it can be combined with "The call for Papers" for our conference. Wondering if at some point we could input from a excel spread sheet? Rather than having to keying all the info just link it to a table or spreadsheet that would be updated.
October 2, 2017
Dave D.
n/a
July 15, 2017

“We have been using your software to schedule about 75 spots (big sales) and about 15 spots (small sa”

ProsWe have been using your software to schedule about 75 spots (big sales) and about 15 spots (small sales) from a base of a bit over 100 volunteers for our quarterly (and mini) book sales at our library for almost three years. Our volunteers like it and I find it a necessity. We used to have one person call (telephone!) all and schedule it. Took hours and hours. We still have about a dozen volunteers that do not use email, so we still have to call some. We enter them manually into the system with a dummy email. It works just fine. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks for what you are doing!
July 15, 2017
Annemarie M.
Director of Special Events
October 3, 2017

“Great tool for volunteer management”

ProsThis software is very user friendly and has all the functions that we need to manage our fundraising events.
ConsThis software is somewhat limited in some areas. I would like to send text reminders to our volunteers
October 3, 2017
christian z.
Event Leadership Team
August 4, 2019

“Staffing a large not for profit event”

OverallSingup.com allowed me to manage the volunteers I got, communicate with them and reconfigure the functions as the event planning evolved.
ProsSignup.com was easy to set up, figure out how to use and had all the features that we needed to sign up, assign and manage about 80 volunteers for about 150 different functions
ConsNo complaints, actually. Sometimes I had to poke around a bit to figure out how best to accomplish what I needed but I was quickly able to determine that what I needed was available and how best to get it done.

By SignUp.com on August 7, 2019
Thanks for sharing your generous feedback, Christian - we're thrilled to hear your event was a success! To keep the momentum going next year, please note that your SignUp plans will be saved and you can quickly refresh them with new dates or pass them to next year's event organizers! Thanks for your Good work in partnering to fund cerebral palsy research!
August 4, 2019
Delores G.
Courtesy Crew Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 30, 2019

“User Friendly”

ProsEasy for beginners Ability to make multiple sign up sheets Simple for partisan Ra signing up Email to inform participants and allow them to cancel or change via email
ConsAs far as I know there is not a database that will allow searching for a person's name instead of imputing it every time

By SignUp.com on May 9, 2019
Hi Delores - Thanks for being a leader at your church and for taking the time to review our product! For future reference, you may search for names and make assignments from prior Participant Lists and Contact Lists. Our Participant Check-in Feature also lets you designate other supervisors to search for people's assignments on their smartphones. Our Customer Success team is very prompt with support and available to help answer your questions. Click Help at the top of the site at any time to reach out.
March 30, 2019
Alicia F.
Education Management, Self-employed
September 30, 2018

“SIgning UP for donations for Ronald McDonald service project”

OverallI used signup.com to create events for food donations for a service project my students were doing at the Ronald McDonald House. After I created the events--like donate 10 lbs of potatoes--Signup.com generated a link for folks to use to sign up to donate the needed items. The school administrative assistant sent the link to all the parents and all the needed items were 'signed' up for in just 5 hours! It was amazing. SIgnup also generated email reminders to those who signed up close to the day we needed the items brought to school Everything worked like a charm. Thanks
Pros It was easy to use, and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for helping us help the families at the Ronald McDonald House.
ConsI really did not have any issues. The program let me customize the request--allowing me to upload images which made it more personal, which I appreciated.
September 30, 2018
liz h.
Volunteer coordinator
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
November 30, 2017

“Easy for volunteers to use, easy for me to set up and (importantly) modify.”

OverallVolunteers have control over their shifts, get reminders, and I get a roster for the day. It's easy to send out the link to invite people to volunteer.
ProsSignup sends out reminders when a person signs up, when they change their shifts, and then at the time of the event. I organize an event once a year and Signup lets me duplicate the prior signup, then modify it with new dates.
ConsIt's pretty perfect. But I wish there were a more straightforward way to carry over a list of past volunteers to recruit them for the following year. I can do it, but it's a few steps and I worry about double mailing some of them.
November 30, 2017
Arlene C.
Hospice RN
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
March 27, 2017

“Excellent Tools For Organizing Groups”

OverallMar 26, 3:00 PM CDT I absolutely love this site, it helps in organizing and getting others to help carry the financial & responsibility load that comes with doing events and fun stuff for our kids!! Every can participate in some way and even make details notes about what there are bringing or just commenting to each other. Thanks for creating such an outstanding system for "group" communication and planning!! Our church group's (Youth and Family Ministry) YNF is getting a lot of great support with events because of this site's easy sign-up feature!! And changes can be easily made by the administrator!! Thanks again. Sincerely, Arlene Chin (Parent/Mother/Member) Miami-Dade Region (South Florida Church of Christ- Youth and Family Ministry)
ProsHow your spots that you have committed to are organized and sent to your calendar to remind you. Easy to navigate back and forth from!!
ConsWish the memo we wrote would show up in the calendar.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep on working on the features to help people organized every part of their life involving group organizing!!
March 27, 2017
Kim L.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2019

“Another Software to Get People to Sign Up for stuff”

OverallUsed Sign Up for alot of stuff until I discovered Sign Up Genius. Sign Up doesn't have the bells and whistles, including collecting payment, like Sign Up Genius does. Sign Up would be great for the most simplistic of sign up lists; nothing to big or with too many selections/options to pick from. Wish the website site had more of a design. It's rather blank looking with just words,, not very appealing. But the functionality ultimately does what it says it will do (and for FREE) which is good all around.
ProsYou can easily transfer an event from one person to another person to be the owner of.
ConsIt doesn't have many special features and setting up repeating items is not as simple as it could be

By SignUp.com on October 7, 2019
Hi Kim - Thanks for being a leader at your school and for taking the time to share your feedback, For clarification, SignUp does allow you to collect funds on the site, and we know how important budgets are so we only pass on the processing fee and don't charge fees ourselves (unlike SignUp Genius charges.). I'm sorry we didn't make it more obvious, but we absolutely do offer a near-instant way to schedule a series of appointment spots - like for parent-teacher conferences, and to set up repeating schedules. Please click Help at the top of the site to learn how or to contact our support team. Since most parents (80%+) will be signing up on smartphones, our screens are designed and tested for clarity and user success. I hope you'll give us a try again in the future.
September 6, 2019
Danielle K.
Construction Manager
December 4, 2018

“Sign Up management is a breeze with Signup.com”

OverallPerfect for a small school or small non-profit in planning an event where lots of people bring multiple items.
ProsEasy to use, quick and makes management of sign up lists a breeze! No more thousands of emails back and forth or worrying about people replying all to make sure things don't get doubled up. Plus they send reminders!!
ConsLots of ads on a page, but that's because it's free. Just need to be away of what not to click on.

By SignUp.com on December 17, 2018
An ad-free experience is available removing all ads for $9.99 for monthly subscriptions and $99 for annual subscriptions.
December 4, 2018
Elisabeth J.
Admin Assistant
November 1, 2018

“Saves me hours of work every week!”

OverallAs the volunteer coordinator for my church, this allows me to keep a pulse on different ministries without pulling out my hair. This saves me so much time!
ProsI love how ...I can (with the free version) set up multiple pages for different ministries. ...it automatically emails volunteers to remind them. ...it links with Remind so I can recruit at large without leaving the website.
ConsI wish I could have several people with the same email address (i.e., a mom and child -- so they could sign up separately). Right now, I can only have parents sign up and we have children volunteer spots available, but I can't use the site to plug them in. I don't know if I can see all the spots and volunteers for one date. I get an email for that weekly, but it would be nice to see it on the website. If it is available, it is not intuitive.
November 1, 2018
Jordan A.
Outreach Lead Ambassador
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 3, 2018

“This product for me as an employee at Grossmont College has been nothing but helpful! Highly recom.”

OverallJust so much time being saved as am employee who works on the schedules week after week, this app has done for me in a day what I've been able to do in months and believe me im very capable and great at my job.
ProsI like the inter-activeness of the app, I can have my employees sign up for events at any time, no more hustling to find one of my employees to fill a spot. This app is very attractive in the sense of how intuitive it was with my first use.
ConsThere could be more instruction or a support chat in place. But they make up for that ten times over for the wonderful support they have on their team! Replying to my email in one day, and having multiple support videos on how to do anything on the site. But finally I would like to thank Karmen with the SignUp support team for answering my question within a day and showing true customer compassion!
July 3, 2018
DeAnna H.
Director of Communications
November 8, 2017

“We have been using SignUp.com for the past few years and LOVE everything about it! ”

OverallThis software is a time saver, an organizer, a simplifier, a quantifier and is well-received by our parents. Enough said!
ProsOrganizing volunteers and needed supplies is so much simpler using this tool. I also love the reporting features; we literally check off the list as we're going through the report. Another GREAT feature is the ability to duplicate and then edit an event--so simple and easy!
ConsI have not found a feature in this software that I have not been able to work with, and our parents have responded well to SignUp.com too!
November 8, 2017