UAS Ratings

Overall

About UAS

Seamless flow of data from operations to accounting; for distribution, retail, and equipment rental companies. Learn more about UAS

Vince B.
Retail, 1-10 employees
June 12, 2017

“UAS has proven to be a great investment for my business!”

OverallCut down on staff time because we enter things once, and the entries flow throughout the system instead of using a stand-alone accounting system. Also helped us really organize our service side of the business.
ProsI've been using Universal Accounting Software products for over 15 years for my businesses. I like the fact that all the modules "talk" to each other, particularly important for me with regard to Work Order Processing. Service and repair is a big part of my business, so having the ability to requisition parts and having the requests flow to the Purchase Order module saves a lot of time and effort... also the fact that we can keep a complete history for each tool that we service. I also like the versatility in the Point of Sale module and the fact that there are so many pricing options in the system. It's also really helpful that the POS module integrates with the Sales Order module so that back order quantities are accurately tracked.
ConsI would love if it had apps, particularly for my I-phone or I-pad. It would also be great if the system could link up to my bank.
June 12, 2017
Joe C.
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2017

“Reliable Precise and Dependable Software. ”

Overallsaved money and time.
ProsAutomatic inventory conversions save me time and money. It was easy to learn and my team did not struggle with the transition at all. They were almost experts after the first day of training. The sales team is excellent! They stay connected even after the sales process is over. Site visits, customer service calls and so much more
ConsI only wish I would have changed sooner. Universal has made my life easier. I am very happy that we switched and my business has improved and so has our customer service as a result of using Universal.
June 5, 2017
Sandor E.
General Manager
June 15, 2017

“Long standing customer/ fills all of my needs/ great customer support”

Prosthe software is easy to use and this makes it easy to train new employees. Search options are numerous. Items and customers are easy to look up by many different fields. Use it to rum both or my locations and the integration between locations is a true positive
Conslack of ability to remove parts of the software that my business does not need. Some upgrades that I have recommended that would benefit all businesses have not been implemented yet.
June 15, 2017
JoAnn S.
Administrative Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 6, 2017

“From the beginning the support team has been the best!!”

OverallThe history allows us to manage how we produce block and what items are stocked for resale. It also allow us to track our customer base and jobs we've completed.
ProsSoftware is easy to use and even move to an excel for more information. We are also able to email invoices which cuts down on our postage costs.
ConsLack of 3 decimal points in the Inventory module. We purchase and sell products that needs at least 3 decimal places to keep the inventory correct.
Terry A.
Presideny
Retail, 1-10 employees
June 6, 2017

“We have used Universal for 17 years. It is much easier to navigate than others I have looked at.”

OverallEasy to use Rental management program.
ProsEase of use and easy to train new users. Support is top notch. Very easy to navigate and tech support is top notch. All staff are very friendly and helpful, and response time is very good.
ConsWould be nice to see more reports available as choices are a bit limited. It would also be nice to be able to export reports to other reporting and accounting programs.
Pierjean S.
June 6, 2017

“The acquisition and implementation of the software was an intense period, but it was worth it.”

ProsThe ability to prepare submissions with the WorkOrders section is a major asset of the software. We are now able to respond more quickly to the demands of our customers with greater precision.
ConsWhat we like least about the software is the lack of rapport and that no CRM can connect with it. In addition, being a Canadian company, the software is not 100% adapted to our needs.
Ben S.
June 23, 2017

“Have always experienced professional and personalized service. ”

ProsEase of use-Great support-Competitive pricing -Simplistic user interface-Ability to add different accounting modules as needed (Account Payable/ Account Receivable/ Point of Sale/Etc)
ConsNo real Complaints. Could possibly incorporate a mobile version for job location operations (Rental equipment rate pricing- availability-etc.)
June 23, 2017
mukesh j.
Events Services, 11-50 employees
June 13, 2017

“Great package with excellent support”

OverallStreamed -lined our operations and business model, cannot function without it.
ProsMakes the rental process process easy and seamless. the accounting is fully integrated and reports are very useful.
ConsThere are some issues that are unique to our operations and our country. UAS have helped to customise as much as possible to assist. Still very happy with the package
June 13, 2017
Christopher M.
Machinery, 11-50 employees
June 6, 2017

“Great company to partner with. They truly care about our success.”

ProsWe like the fact UAS is a fully integrated software, including inventory, accounts receivable/payable and G/L modules.
ConsBecause our business is unique, I would like the ability to create my own reports. UAS does a great job of tracking information, I would like to formulate that information in my own way.
Joan M.
Office Administrator
June 8, 2017

“Very positive experience. Easy to use.”

ProsOverall a great rounded tool. Have been using it since 2008, and it has been a great overall rounded accounting software package for the company.
ConsNo complaints. Perhaps some features we are not using to its fullest benefit yet, such as the customer relationship manager.
June 8, 2017
Jimmy S.
General Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
June 6, 2017

“Overall good experience, Universal has adapted and made program changes to fit our needs.”

OverallCombining our two divisions into one software operating system as streamlined many things for our business.
ProsReally streamlined our business and combined our Sales & Leasing with our trailer shop to operate out of one systems as we were working out of two separate systems. The accounting side of the software is very user friendly and easy to use.
ConsNot really too many cons of the software just some pending programming requests that need to be addressed.
Rich O.
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
June 27, 2017

“We have been using the software since 2010.”

ProsThe software offers great functionality at a reasonable cost. Being able to run our sales, accounting and management functions on the same platform is a plus.
ConsNo payroll module. Reports are somewhat limited without the ability to create our own unique reports.
Barry N.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
June 6, 2017

“Helped me streamline and keep track of my entire business in an organized and seamless fashion.”

ProsThe inventory system and it's ability to keep track of available equipment and rental billing processing.
ConsDifficult to make revisions to invoices or rental contracts once posted or to change an item number.
Shawnah A.
Account Manager
June 22, 2017

“Been the best switch that we have made. Works great for our company and all the staff are welcoming”

ProsFits our needs as well as our customers needs. Very user friendly. The technical support is wonderful and works on anything we may bring to their attention.
June 22, 2017
Katie H.
Administrative Executive
Retail, 51-200 employees
June 27, 2017

“We have been using the program for about 4 years and the main support team is always there to help.”

OverallEase of address lookups. Point of Sale module.
ProsThere are a couple of people at customer support that can fix just about anything that I may mess up. Also, there are a few things that they have customized for us that I use everyday. The lookup function that they customized for us is invaluable.
ConsIt is prone to crashing. Especially since I upgraded to Windows 10. One wrong move or just delay in use and the whole program closes. There are little quirks here and there that bother people but we either get used to dealing with them or thankfully it is only every once in a while.
Geo L.
December 7, 2016

“Not User Friendly”

OverallWe were looking to replace a program that was not capable of keeping precise inventory. Most of the other modules in that system were compatible and you could access the system one to the other or it did it internally without leaving one module to open another to accomplish a task, just to get back out of that module and back where you were! Perhaps a double or triple monitor at each station? UAS has far too little interaction between modules and far too much back and forth mouse to keyboard. When we have phoned in and gotten immediate tech support we've found mostly good results, however, call backs for UAS with support answers not so much. As for the inventory, spot on, but we could have managed that with a friendlier POS and more frequent cycle counts.
December 7, 2016