Weebly Ratings

Overall

About Weebly

Weebly allows anyone to start and grow their own online store with curated templates, powerful features and integrated marketing. More than 50 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, reach a global audience and create a quality website that works well on any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play. Learn more about Weebly

Writing and Editing, Self-employed
September 16, 2019

“Great options for a self-published author”

OverallI love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.
ProsWeebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.
ConsIt's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.
September 16, 2019
Sarah-jean S.
Business Owner
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
July 19, 2019

“Better than other website builders”

OverallI've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.
ProsMy favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.
ConsI haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.
Joshua M.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2019

“Great For Those With Little Experience”

OverallOverall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.
ProsThe best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.
ConsThere definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.
July 24, 2019
Katie H.
Owner/Jewelry Designer
Retail, Self-employed
September 5, 2019

“Good eCommerce for small business”

OverallWeebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.
ProsIt was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.
ConsThere are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.
September 5, 2019
Pedro P.
Software Developer
Design, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2019

“Develop your website, without coding in a few minutes.”

OverallWeebly is a great tool when creating websites, it has helped me to speed up the creation of small and medium projects, which is where it is most useful, however when creating projects or ecommerce with a massive amount of objects, It is not the best tool since it lacks some features to be able to handle this amount more efficiently. In spite of this, it is excellent, for personal use, medium-sized companies, or start up, that need a professional web page and at a low cost.
ProsWhat I like most about Weebly is how easy it is to create web pages, since it allows selecting from an acceptable variety of templates that have a great design, and are totally responsive, also allow the use of applications that integrate different functionalities to the website in a fast way, it is excellent for projects that have a large amount of information, since it has several tools that facilitate SEO, in addition it also integrates well with google analytics, with its content manager making CRUD is really easy and fast, so publishing content is an easy task, plus everything can be done without having to write code.
ConsAlthough it is easy to edit web pages, you only need to drag and drop, to modify some additional functions or to edit the website more thoroughly, you need to know html and css, which maybe for users who do not know it complicates the task of personalizing their web page, does not allow to restore the website to previous versions manually, so you must contact the helpdesk, however, they are very attentive and respond quickly.
May 24, 2019
Amanda Josalene W.
Fragrances
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2019

“Great for the price; Use for my online shop”

OverallI used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly's monthly plan.
ProsWeebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn't break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.
ConsI didn't have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.
September 22, 2019
Karen T.
Clinical Psychologist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
December 14, 2018

“Easy for a non-experienced user”

OverallOverall a positive experience. I am currently migrating my website to using Wordpress, which I've found more challenging to navigate initially--but again this is due to lack of experience and understanding (and patience) of the "how to's" of much of this. I just felt that Wordpress has a bit more of a professional feel that I'm hoping to convey. For a beginning website and to get your presence out there, Weebly definitely does the job and I don't feel I have much room to complain.
ProsI have ZERO experience building a website and/or knowing the basics of SEO, etc. In fact, I was so intimidated by the prospect of creating a webpage that I kept postponing going into private practice. It all just felt very overwhelming. I have found Weebly incredibly easy and straightforward to use. The drag and drop features are fantastic and the general design/setup does look professional-enough for those on a budget.
ConsThere is still a learning curve in using the software for anyone who does not have experience building websites. Invest a little time and play around, that's my best advice. I use the free version, which does show the "Weebly" logo pretty prominently at the bottom of the webpage, which I'm not thrilled about, but it's not enough to make me pay for the upgraded features.
December 14, 2018
ishara m.
Graphic Designer
Printing, 1-10 employees
April 28, 2019

“When comes to create a professional website with few clicks”

Overallthis is the best source of creating websites in few moments. The limitations can be handled with extreme accuracy. The features which this application provides are far important as compared to cons of this application. So if someone is looking for complete package of website designing and development, he must select Weebly and enjoy the freedom of web designing
ProsWhen comes to create a professional website with few clicks, there is no best option except weebly. The reason behind its popularity is certain characteristics which it possess and offers to its users. However, a user has to confront pros as well as cons while using Weebly. the pros of this website include drag and drop solution of all website creation related problems, built-in code editor, support to custom css and html files and much more. It is considered best application for small business owners who want one step solution for all their problems. Secondly, it allows the users to create websites with millions of templates which suits the need of every single entrepreneur. For instance, if you want to create website for list building, weebly offers templates which are most appropriate for list building purpose. Third, weebly supports its users with seo guide which mean along with creating website, they have support for ranking of the websites as well. weebly support centre is full of articles and materials which allows the users to rank their websites following a roadmap.
ConsNevertheless, the most prominent limitation of this application is that a user must have proper knowledge of coding for customizing the objects. It means their drag and drop customization is limited. Similarly, a user needs strong involvement of weebly customer support if he misses some point and wants to restore the website back. Moreover, it does not support ADI as well.
April 28, 2019
Angela R.
September 11, 2019

“Easy and visual”

OverallMainly good. Managing our own websites has been immensely successful. Cheaper, more responsive, better.
ProsYou can see exactly how webpages look - and quickly build websites by dragging and dropping features. We've used it for years. For the most part it quietly gets on with doing what it does best.
ConsDoesn't connect with other apps well (some do), but it doesn't connect with Zapier. You can't copy pages across separate websites, so if wanted to create a similar one, you'd need to do that from scratch. Contact form data doesn't go anywhere. You'd have to manually update your CRM. As long as you like what it offers, you're OK, but it's not super flexible. Really annoying feature if your run your online store through it - when customers pay via paypal, they think they've completed the transaction, but then get redirected back to the page they saw before and have to click 'commit to buy' which many don't. They might ring you, confused about where their stuff is, or they might just give up and buy from somewhere else... I talked to Weebly about this frustratingly pointless feature, and the response was "That kind of how it is, soz".
September 11, 2019
Binyamin K.
Farmer
Farming, Self-employed
February 10, 2019

“Easy Shmeezy Website Creation”

OverallOf all online platforms from accounting to legal, form graphic to word processing, Weebly is my favorite platform. I believe that says a lot!
ProsWhen it comes to Weebly, what's not to love. Yes its limited, but that's not the point. The point about Weebly is that its super easy. Obviously if you need something robust, even mildly robust, Weebly isn't for you. But if all you need is an easy straight forward and affordable, Weebly is just that. When I need to create a website that is feature rich I go to Site123 or Shopify, but if all I want is to show my portfolio (and maybe make a few sales) and/or to show my ideas, to have a platform with which to communicate to the online world, its really hard to beat Weebly.
ConsMy greatest regret when it comes to Weebly is that, being as restrictive as it is, when I need to create multi-lingual sites, that look avaunt-guard and cutting edge, I'm forced to look elsewhere. Being that I so like Weebly, I wish that wouldn't be the case. I wish that Weebly would provide the spectrum from super simple, fun, and easy (which it is) to highly robust (which evidently it doesn't wish to be).
February 10, 2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2018

“My Review of Weebly Website Builder”

OverallI have used Weebly for several years. I've had an occasion or two to contact their customer support and they have been a great help. Usually, my issue is resolved fairly quickly. I cannot recommend Weebly an higher than I already have! This is a great platform to build your website on!
ProsI enjoy Weebly's "drop and drag" blocks to build the website. You can move things around. You can change the way they look. You can add features...the design results are truly limitless. I have used Weebly for several years in hosting a few of my websites. The customer support is terrific. I've only had to contact them a couple of times and have had very quick responses. Definitely worth the price (and their prices are VERY comparable to others out there that do not even come close to Weebly's quality)!
ConsEvery now and then, I will want to try and do something of a tweak to my website, and I do not know how to make it happen. There is almost no tutorial help. The best way of finding out "how to do something on a Weebly website" is to go to YouTube or Google and put in a search. I've found that is the fastest way to make a change I'm not sure how to accomplish on my own.
September 18, 2018
Aria S.
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
May 13, 2018

“Software that can help with easy website making”

ProsWeebly has been ranked as the easiest website builder recommended by most of the web consultants. Weebly offers all basic tools that you can use for building a website or store from scratch. Weebly's collection of templates now includes a great choice of on-trend mobile-responsive designs. Unlike Wix and Shopify Plus it lets you download the full code to your website, so you can customize it or even download it. Weebly also offers over 40 pre-designed templates to help you get started. The layouts to every type of page can be found. Weebly also enables the user to add and install more apps for your use. Weebly also lets you create a fully customizable club to which you have full control.
ConsWhen using weebly's drag and drop customization we found it to be very limited. If you use weebly after using Wix or SquareSpace you will find it's drag and drop customization very limited. On the case releasing new features weebly has been very slow . They just upgrade two or so features in a year but now they have picked up the pace. But they are still focusing on the cutting edge technologies, rather than that they should focus on improving the friendly user. Another tiny feature that my colleague pointed out was that the blogging tools need to be improved in a very little sense but it causes a lot. The feature is that you cannot highlight or show you most recent or most popular posts first. We have sent them a message and their response time was very fast.
May 13, 2018
Neyda Jose M.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 17, 2019

“Website designer accessible and easy to use”

OverallWeebly is a tool that allows you to design web pages with really attractive designs thanks to the fact that the templates provided are of quality that is why the pages can be used not only for personal use but also for professional level, their plans are very accessible and it is a easy to use site is why it has been useful to please different customers looking for a website that represents them.
ProsWeebly I like it a lot mainly because it is a tool for designing web pages that is really easy to use, because in its interface you can see templates organized in different sectors and although not many are offered, they are of quality and they are organized so that it is much more simple to handle the search of the one that is considered appropriate to represent the website that you want to design, on the other hand it is magnificent that provides the power to visualize in advance how the website could be seen with the different templates, besides this tool saves the tedious work of having to look for the page to adapt to different devices because in an automated way the pages are optimized so that when visualizing in said devices they do not see in an inadequate way.
ConsOne of the things that bother me the most is that Weebly does not provide its users with backups of the websites, so it is quite tedious in case there is a very drastic change in the site or if for some reason the database is altered the website will be lost.
May 17, 2019
Wulliams C.
Coordinador de Promoción y Gestión Patrimonial
Arts and Crafts, 501-1000 employees
October 26, 2018

“The construction of our Blog was very easy thanks to this software ”

ProsCreating a blog has certain challenges, especially in the part of design and exposure of the information you want to reflect. In order to achieve the quality we were looking for, we came across this incredible software, and I can't stop praising it because it really is an innovative software that has very interesting characteristics when it comes to creating a blog. Weebly has allowed our work team to create a quality blog, with innovations that we had never handled as its templates for categories are very complete and aesthetically beautiful, which facilitated the work of editing the blog, is also a very intuitive software, ideal for using the option of "autocomplete" and add elements that we had not planned. At the time we were able to upload photos and texts to our blog by simply dragging and dropping in the window where we created the blog. And the best thing about this software is that it is totally free, ideal for building any kind of blog and website in an easy way, even in our team we are evaluating the possibility of starting to create our website from this software, simply Weebly we like it a lot and we do not stop using it and recommend it to our colleagues.
ConsWe see with deep concern that this software greatly complicates the possibility of migrating information to other blogs. We observe this when we collaborate with other colleagues who work in the area of culture, who ask us for content on some research carried out, or with journalists who ask for extracts from the researches and events we carry out to make their news reviews. It is very difficult to migrate this information and we have to use other methods to socialize the information we are asked to provide.
October 26, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“'professional websites to start free'”

OverallWeebly offers an easy website builder for any person with basic web knowledge to setup the site with drag and drop tools to place your objects or comes with pre-built templates, unique fonts etc to make your site outstanding and exciting. These digital showcases display enough convincing to attract prospective online buyers. If you are clever enough you can get a better price for the same product from a niche market, when you position your site in a professional platform such as weebly. These are the advantages of using services of a professional platform like weebly. To add more, you have resources to present super quality audio & video to complement your marketing strategies. Additionally through weebly you can directly launch FB marketing and the weebly system is designed for effective SEO to flash throuth your competitors. Try it out with a free plan.
Prosweebly is another successful hosting platform targeting primarily ecommerce clientele. Its an ideal platform for startups to experiment their ideas and gain experience in theirs ventures without making an initial investment on a website and then elevate for a fully fledged website to do serious e-marketing or online trading. Weebly offers highly efficient and productive solutions for serious ecom but at a cost above market averages yet with features not found in average hosting plans.
Consweebly wouldn't let any stone unturned. Therefore its strange if one can find any serious minuses except for the cost of paid plans which in turn is justifiable in comparison to the features.
Likhwa M.
Software Engineer
Management Consulting, Self-employed
August 14, 2019

“Build wonderful websites with Weebly”

OverallI enjoy using Weebly. I love the numerous templates and how easy it is to use. Whenever I need to create a simple website it is my go-to software. Weebly is fairly easy to use and I've found it reliable. It has however proved limited when it comes to more detailed websites but I would still recommend it for a basic website. I have found it easier to use in comparison to its competitors and I also like the consistency with regards to service delivery. They do not spam my email and I rarely have to worry about policy changes.
ProsI like the numerous design templates as well as how easy it is to use the weebly online software to create a website. The simple drag and drop features make building my sites even faster. Weebly has hosted my site for the past 7 years regardless whether it was receiving much traffic or not. Most importantly I love that Weebly is free and you can create as many sites as you want. I also like how Weebly works online and therefore I do not need to download any new software when creating a site. Neither do I need to worry about getting another host for my site as weebly covers all that. Weebly also comes with responsive site templates which look awesome whether viewed on desktop, tablet or mobile device.
ConsI added a blog to my site and I did not like how the navigation worked. Whenever I click on a link to a blog article it takes me to the blog page instead of the specific article. Weebly is also limited when it comes to what one can do with their site. Interactive features such as chat that require complex databases cannot be easily implemented. I also tried using weebly on my tablet and I struggled to use the features with the same flexibility that the desktop version offers. At some point I wanted to upgrade to the paid version but it was slightly more expensive than other platforms.
August 14, 2019
Furniture, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2018

“No-fuss, no-frills, satisfying website creator for simple websites”

OverallI run some small personal websites with it.
ProsIt's quick, easy, and gets the job done. You're not going the build the world's greatest site with it, let's not kid ourselves. But if you just need a clean, basic website that communicates what you need to say and you don't want to waste a lot of time doing it, this is a good go-to. There are nice, modern templates, drag and drop interfaces, and they now have a third party plugin gallery. Not a lot of content yet, but maybe it will get there someday. It's got nothing on Wordpress though. It's affordably priced, although I understand their pricing is going to change to be more expensive. I've been using them for over 10 years, to run my small, personal sites; but I might have to consider changing in the next couple years.
ConsIt's not terribly powerful if you don't want to get into html, and the third party support for it is pretty lacking. Lots of features you'd find on Wordpress or even other similar platforms are absent. But for the price (as it is today), it's hard to complain. Also, I have trouble getting help from their support. I've had issues with logging in and I may or may not get a response, and if I do I might have to wait a day or so. I don't know about you, but when I need to make a change to my site, I need to make a change, I can't wait around for a whole day. Fortunately, in the long time I've used Weebly, this has only happened a few times.
March 31, 2018
Anne Z.
Internet, Self-employed
September 18, 2017

“Weebly helps me with Websites and Blog Sites in a HURRY. I LOVE this product & have made many sites!”

OverallThis is my go to website builder for ease of use and how great the pages look. Complete flexibility when you want to make something custom. Love the links, social media tools and will be trying out some Adsense and other money making SEO stuff! Thanks Weebly!
ProsI like the ease of use and flexibility of the templates to make the sites my own. I have made many FREE sites and upgraded them as needed. I have made blog sites with my own custom web URL and love working and updating when I get the chance. I have done an eCommerce site as well and it's easy to set up too. Links are very easy to add as well as FREE photos and others that you can pay a small price for. It's got everything under the hood for sure! I used to use the Apple product to make my sites, but Weebly took over for me since that time! Love the new promotion page stuff too! Lots of room for growth and updating! Thanks Weebly!
ConsWhen I get a bill and an email telling me about renewal, I wish I knew which page it was for since I have many sites that I operate and maintain. Hope that is in the works.
September 18, 2017
Peter P.
Software Project Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“The platform that designs us wonders like”

OverallIt is very nice to have a platform that can provide all its technological capabilities, to create a web page or blogs in a simple, elegant and fast, that even anyone who uses it for the first time feels like a true creator of wonders. In our office we usually work with this system very often, especially when we urgently need a web page, on the other hand in our home my family has been greatly benefited in their daily and educational activities.
ProsWeebly allows the particularity of allowing to change templates, this feature is very important since sometimes we have had doubts or we have decided to make certain modifications in our web pages, and we have even been able to make the changes after being published. Another important aspect is that all its templates are adapted to our mobile devices, which means being of great help, since we have access to all the content and we can view and modify the page at any time. It has the property of incorporating our pages elements such as photos, videos, etc, in an easy and fun way, with its peculiar style of drag and drop. This platform offers us a very good technical support, in the occasions that have attended us we have been very lucky with the help that they have given us.
ConsWeebly presents the detail that when you delete a page, it is necessary to wait for the Weebly support team to restore the website for us.
July 17, 2019
Pam H.
Admin
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2016

“Love Weebly for Easy Website Building!”

OverallI've been struggling with my organization for years to get a website that looks great and is affordable. After 3 professional attempts at sites, we switched to Weebly. After watching about an hour of tutorial videos, I was able to build our own site quickly and easily. Best of all, it looks really good - especially for what we pay! You don't have to know HTML or have a lot of expertise to have a sharp looking, affordable website. I love that we can maintain it ourselves - no delay in waiting for busy designers to update our content. The online commerce features work really well. Also love the contact forms. It's doesn't have fancy form builders for complex event registration - but I haven't tried all their apps - they add more regularly. They also just rolled out updated features in Weebly 4 that I'm looking forward to implementing. I have built 5 sites now with Weebly - all different levels of subscriptions - and I've been pleased with all of them. I have also referred a couple of business associates to Weebly. A great option for those needing basic websites with e-commerce and many other features without the hefty price tag. I highly recommend!
ProsEase of use. Modern designs. Great Value.
ConsWouldn't mind better event registration capabilities and event calendar options - but I have found other software that fills in the gaps and Weebly allows links to outside pages - so it works!
Recommendations to other buyersWatch the tutorial videos! They are very helpful.
October 4, 2016
Yadah K.
Business Owner, Trainer
April 30, 2018

“Been 3 years and I still love them! ”

OverallAn affordable option for someone living off a third world currency, this has been fantastic. My site is stunning and I've had so many compliments on it. It's easy to use, easy to learn, easy to edit.
ProsI've always had fantastic customer service from them. They make sure we get weekly updates if new and improved features and definitely try help us create the best website possible. I love the fact that it's a DIY drag-and-drop type of website creation with fantastic templates to choose from, but you do have the added option of editing the 'code' to customise it even more. The prices are phenomenal for what they offer, and even though I've been using Weebly for 3 years I'm STILL learning new ways to make my website look stunning and 100% branded. I'm a Weebly fan, hands down.
ConsAlthough the customer service is great, it can also be really slow... Especially if you're not on a higher tier of the payment plan. I wish the blog page was a bit more changeable. It's annoying to have the side bar...
April 30, 2018
Nancy G.
Blogger
Online Media, Self-employed
September 26, 2019

“Building Websites for Beginners”

OverallUsing Weebly allowed me to start my blogging experience on a $0 budget. It was starting out as a hobby, so I didn't want to sink any unnecessary money into it.
ProsThis software was by far the easiest to use. I checked out several different website building tools before choosing to use weebly. Its perfect for first time users, as the steps to building and publishing multiple kinds of sites are laid out for you. Adding in pictures, sections, articles, and social media links aren't an issue at all.
ConsThe only issue I had was linking a domain I bought through another site to the site I was using on Weebly. It took several articles and YouTube videos to figure it out.
Zavier O.
Children's Minister
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 19, 2018

“Professional Websites easily custom-built and maintained”

OverallI was hired into my position with little to no website-building experience. And a website was suddenly very much necessary. After some searching around, I decided to use Weebly and have not regretted that decision in the slightest. They're super affordable for the wealth of features available AND how crazy easy it was to get my website up and running and published on the web for our customer base. Not only that but also our website looks like a professional did it! Little animations and picture slideshows highlight our best products and services available, menus are quick and easy to build, and there are so many other widgets that we could use, but haven't yet! I cannot recommend Weebly enough.
ProsVarious themes available to make a one-of-a-kind site Easy Drag-and-Drop website builder makes design approachable for anybody Customer Service is quick and well-versed in any issues you may have Competitive and affordable prices Even if you can't find a feature that you like on there, you can still custom code in a widget (some more advanced experience necessary) Lots of tutorials and help available Website hit analytics
ConsSome things are frustratingly hidden behind behind a higher paywall Sometimes, the drag-and-drop system is a little fidgety and can be slightly difficult to get an element exactly where you want it. Built-in word processor for putting text on your website is fairly weak and featureless
November 19, 2018
Bryce B.
Web-master
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
May 9, 2019

“Drag-and-drop websites for all!”

OverallWe used Weebly to build our website, and continue to use it on a regular basis to keep the site up-to-date and looking fresh. It is extremely easy to use, and we have seldom had any issues with the site.
ProsWeebly is an extremely easy to use website creation platform. Want a text box? Drag-and-drop it. Resize it. Fill it with some text. Want a picture? Drag-and-drop it. Want... you get the picture.
ConsWhile it is extremely powerful, and very customizable, it certainly can't do everything that you could get done if you were to hire a web-developer to build you a site from scratch.
May 9, 2019
Ronald G.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2018

“Weebly - great website builder for anyone who wants a website.”

OverallOverall, Weebly is a great choice for a quick build of a nice website and anyone can do it. Weebly is... in my opinion a great example of where the "internet/web" is going... offering site design and site building/creation to anyone who wants it. The days of needing a "web designer" and waiting months for a new site are gone and there is a reason why there are few website companies around any more. Weebly has some limitations I suppose for very large companies who want a lot of customization... but other than that customer/client level... Weebly will work great for everyone else.
ProsI have used Weebly for some basic websites that I needed to get up very quickly and for minimal upfront cost. My first site using them was at least 7 years ago and I still use them occasionally when needed. Nice templates/themes and can quickly build a nice website layout and add content. With the Pro level of site plan, you get great options like SSL (included in hosting at no extra charge) and other advanced site features to make the site look high-end.
ConsThe only con I have found is the cost of the Pro level (and Business level) is higher than comparable WordPress hosting. That said, the build time of a Weebly site is much quicker and easier to maintain, in my opinion... so it depends on how long the site will be hosted and then consider how often the site will be updated.
December 5, 2018
Aaron M.
Assistant Pastor
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
August 18, 2018

“Easy web building for anyone”

OverallI have used weebly for clients for 8 years and have been using it personally for the last 15 years. For the most part they can be a great solution for ministries and small businesses as most of the time they are not needing all the extra apps and widgets that are available on other platforms. They are easy to use for anyone, and I have found them easy to teach, even to novices when it comes to any type of website platforms.
ProsI love the ease of use to not only build my own websites, but to also help clients learn to maintain their websites. On my personal account, I love the free apps and widgets available to put on my website and make it look more professional.
ConsApps are only available for my personal account, but not through my designer platform, which is an issue that requires me to turn away many clients or point them to one of my friends who does work with wordpress sites. Also there should be a way to host through other services such as godaddy and hostgator rather than just through weebly.
August 18, 2018
Emily K.
Gym Owner
July 23, 2019

“Create Professional Websites, No Programming Experience Necessary!”

OverallWe used to have a guy who administered our website and we always had to email him with changes and he charged us for every change. We switched to Weebly and there has been no looking back! We can now control everything and make changes at will without having to pay someone else. Our website looks better now than it ever did before.
ProsYou can create beautiful, complex websites with no computer programming experience. Basic computer skills are all you need. The software is pretty intuitive as well.
ConsSometimes you have to wait a little to get a call back from customer support during peak times, but they do a great job of helping you.
July 23, 2019
February 22, 2018

“I love Weebly... but it does have some cons.”

ProsFantastically easy to use. There is no Website builder that is better. Weebly shines when it comes to making website building and blog setup easy for their users. The staff is remarkable and responds fast to any issues, the tools provided all work well, and it's a quick way to have an online presence for someone that knows no coding.
ConsIt can be expensive for what you get. A lot of features that most site builders have, Weebly doesn't. You can't remove the footer bar or use your own domain as an a la carte option, you have to pay for a starter/basic website, of which most features few people will actually use. People have requested the same features for years, and while the customer service reps are trying their hardest, Weebly developers keep leading people around in circles. If you're not a novice and can handle your own coding, Weebly shouldn't be your first or even third choice.
February 22, 2018
Lateasa P.
Owner - Creative Director
September 30, 2019

“Love the platform”

OverallMy website looks clean and sharp. Easy to manage and edit on the fly
ProsI love the simplicity of the platform and the ability to customize how I need. The templates make it easy to set up the things to be functional.
ConsI really don't have any real cons about the software. I would say maybe more integration option with some of the third party softwares for e-commerce.
September 30, 2019
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
May 16, 2019

“Amazing entry-level estore and educational site tool!”

OverallI discovered Weebly as a result of a colleague's subdomained site (yourname.weebly.com) and have used it myself for quick demo projects. Although I am a dedicated user of WordPress for my own managed sites, Weebly is the web builder I recommend most.
ProsBetter than WordPress! Weebly is my go-to recommendation to colleagues and friends who need to get a website up fast and have little to no experience in content creation and website design. Their WYSIWYG editor is legendarily easy to use, their templates are attractive and responsive, and their pricing for website tools and ecommerce plugins is straightforward and reasonable. In the education space, where I volunteer, many teachers have used this tool to introduce middle school and high school students to web design, and to manage clubs and portfolios. Friends and colleagues who use Square have also used it to get their web presence started. You can literally put together a full-featured, multi-page website in just a couple of hours, and it will look beautiful on desktop or mobile.
ConsNo complaints. I am personally a longtime WordPress user. However, when friends and colleagues ask me what tool they should use to build their own websites, I send them to Weebly and have done so for years.
May 16, 2019
Stephanie M.
Finance
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
January 18, 2019

“Weebly makes it easy!”

ProsThis website building software allows customization based upon the needs or purpose of the Weebly. I primarily used this as informational between my children and their teachers. The teacher was able to upload important links to connect to tutoring sign ups pages or presentations from that day's class work. It provided calendars and contact page to bridge gaps between parents and children who were learning to increase responsibility and ownership of their school work.
ConsTo get to homework assignments, a student will need to select the calendar, the assignment and wait for the calendar to upload in order to access the homework assignment instead of providing a link to direct a student to enter their work. It feels like it might be an additional step but it might be the most direct route based on the set up of the software.
January 18, 2019
Trina H.
Coordinadora editorial
11-50 employees
July 31, 2018

“A very interactive web developer”

ProsIn our editorial line, we have had the opportunity to try different web development engines, looking for that option that will captivate us in such a way that it will become our software par excellence. In this instructive search we get Weebly, a fascinating and very functional software. Weebly offers an almost endless range of tools to enhance the image and the functions that a web page should have. Hanging photographs, videos, text, templates, hyperlinks, external addresses, themes, color lines, graphic design, among other options, make Weebly stand as one of the most complete web development software that the market has.
ConsDespite all these excellent benefits that I have outlined, sometimes the program is not completely complete, so you must hire a computer technician or a web developer to develop the most complex programming tasks. Of rest it is a software of high invoice, that appears like a great competitor in this hard industry of the design of `web pages.
July 31, 2018
Xavier S.
Owner/Musician/Piano Teacher
Music, Self-employed
October 8, 2019

“An almost top dog website builder”

OverallI would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.
ProsI was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.
ConsI feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.
October 8, 2019
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2018

“Weebly website development”

OverallOverall I am thankful for the choice to utilize Weebly for our website. The abilities far outweigh any negative experiences we've had with the product.
ProsWeebly has made upkeep and development of our website very easy. Coming from a background that had never developed a website before, their templates and simplistic drag and drop builder made things intuitive and rather user friendly. And then, the fact that you can add apps to your site builder to improve your site beyond what Weebly offers, that allows your site to stand alone and not be another replica of what you already see. Lastly, Weebly does a good job of continuing to offer new and improved capabilities to keep your site up-to-date with technology.
ConsIt is somewhat limited when you choose not to upgrade your account. And the HD Video player can seem a little lacking at times.
October 12, 2018
Rebecca R.
Software Development Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2019

“Excellent tool to create websites regardless of whether you are a beginner or not”

OverallWeebly is useful to create excellent web pages for SEO, because although it has few templates the quality that it offers is huge, so the pages created with them are very professional, and it is an excellent advantage to have the to create websites quickly regardless of whether you have knowledge or not in the profession.
ProsWeebly I like it mainly because it is a software that is really easy to use so that any user can be able to create their website without having knowledge in this field or not, it gives users the power to use html and css and to be able to edit more Deeply the website, is able to support websites with a high level of information so it is a great advantage, it also provides us with quality templates and although there are few have improved it over time so that now it has more of them to be able to create websites that fit our needs by doing so we have a page for SEO and the best thing is that this tool can be used in small companies due to its low cost.
ConsOne of the things I do not like about this tool is that in case of an error the website is not restored quickly, so it is necessary to go to your support team.
Josh Bernthold, S.
Agency Owner
April 30, 2019

“Next Best Thing To Wordpress”

ProsPersonally, I feel that Weebly is one heck of a software. They have come a long way and is extremely easy to use compared to other options when building websites. Weebly sites can indeed rank in Google and I have seen this first hand with ease. The drag and drop building is such a breeze you can have your children make your websites.
ConsWeebly does lack in the feature area and third party plugins etc. There are still bugs and there are still other things that you will come across that you will find you are unable to do that you could do if you were using a different platform. Also, the monthly fee to use Weebly is a bit ridiculous. I feel perhaps maybe a one time fee for purchase with the option of recurring support fee would be a lot better.
April 30, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2019

“Perfect for businesses, small or large”

OverallEasy to use, easy to get support, very intuitive, looks great, and a lot of great assets built in. Highly recommended for anyone building a site, novice to expert.
ProsWeebly makes website building extremely easy, and makes the stress that used to accompany it a thing of the past. What I like most about Weebly is how they make it easy to use, whether you're a novice or an expert. If you know code (HTML, etc.), you can easily input and personalize your site, but if you know nothing about code (even if you don't know what HTML stands for), Weebly still allows you to easily create a wonderful and professional-looking website in no time at all. You can customize your website easily, and in addition to all of the site-building tools, Weebly even gives you helps in how to promote your site and increase traffic (helps with things like keywords and other advice to help you pop up on Google searches). And if you ARE having issues (although I doubt you will, as the software is intuitive and easy to use), their customer support is great and easy to access. Weebly is a no-brainer for anyone trying to build a website for their business (or personal use).
ConsYou can't personally back up your site, in case you lose data or something happens. Your data is still stored, and you can contact customer support, but that takes some more time. But not a major limitation, and I'd still highly recommend Weebly.
April 23, 2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist
March 21, 2019

“Okay Website Builder, There Are Better Options”

OverallAll in all, Weebly is a fine tool to create your website on. However, I believe using Squarespace, Wordpress and other website builders is better. They have more tools, you have more flexibility and I've experienced fewer problems with other softwares.
ProsWeebly is a basic website builder without too many extra features and for some of my clients, that's all they need. If you have very little web development experience, Weebly could be a good option for you. They have themes and pre-built templates to utilize so it does make creating a new website pretty easy. Plus, it integrates with Square now which is a plus to many of my clients who are just starting up their business and need a payment processor.
ConsThe photo storage! My goodness, you upload a photo and you have to upload it again from your desktop instead of having it stored in a folder on your site. It's extremely annoying. Then of course, you can't customize your site as much as you can with other builders and you can't dig into many of the tools because Weebly is meant for novices (or so it seems). Plus we do get occasional glitches with some of the tools from time to time.
March 21, 2019
Jackie G.
engineer
Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees
May 2, 2019

“Website Customization”

ProsWeebly was the very first website customization software that I have used and required little to no skill to understand how the software works. You simply just drag and drop and edit the titles to your liking and in less than 10 minutes you have a fully setup website to your liking. Weebly is also free and allows everyone to access it whenever and wherever they would like.
ConsWeebly, however, isn't the only free website customization software that allows a user to make their own website. There are sites such as wix.com that also allows user to make their own websites in a snap of a finger. Weebly does not have features that wix offers which makes weebly and wix a bit of a competition when choosing where to make your own website.
May 2, 2019
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
November 22, 2018

“Great Easy Site ”

OverallThis is a great site! If someone is looking for a site that has many premium options and free options this is it. This site has loads of options you can add to your site. I love how I can make my site how I want to make it! I was looking for a site to add my t-shirts for my future business idea and this is a simple process. This is on my top list and I am glad I find it. This will help people who are looking to put products on the page they are working on. Simple and very unique! I had an issue at the beginning looking for a site that was easy to step up and not confusing when I try to put the products I want on there. I wanted something simple and this is helping me.
ProsI love how the process is so smooth. I was looking a while back for a site that could help me easily create a website for the past writing work I have done. I have tried a few other sites in the past, but this site has so many great options. I love how I am able to maneuver through the site very smoothly and pick the way I want my site to be set up. I like to be in charge of my creative process for my business. I like to be in control and still see the options they have on the website that can help me with my creative flow. I also like how I was able to set up video links to my pages and it wasn't confusing. I also like that there is an option to space out your images and text on the website editing area. There is also a newsletter form where other journalists or writers can contact me. I love the product button and the the social media icon button, so I can keep people in the loop with my writing. They can easily click and share my website. I don't like it how some sites don't have this option or only a few social media buttons. Love!
ConsI dislike that there are only a few free themes. Like I always say themes are so creative and can help you with the creative process. I love themes and would love to see more with different images on it. I know I can change the images on the website, but this would help so much. I also dislike that some of the images I search for aren't really related to the topic I am working on. I would love more images that dealt with writing or something similar.
November 22, 2018
Real Estate, Self-employed
September 4, 2018

“Basic Features, but Easy to Use”

OverallI use this software for a locally based service company's website design and for two very different blogs. I use it to create landing pages for opt ins as well.
ProsSuper easy to use for someone who knows how they want a website to look but doesn't understand or want to learn coding. I love the drag and drop design feature for this software. I like that I can easily add HTML code for just about any widget that I want.
ConsI wish the software had more free integrations. It gets frustrating to try to add a widget or design element only to find out it will cost me monthly to add it. I have had a difficult time getting my website to be optimized for a phone screen. I wish it were a bit more seamless to design for both a web browser and a phone browser.
September 4, 2018
James P.
December 28, 2017

“Amazing website builder - I keep building websites with them”

OverallI built my website with Weebly.
ProsWeebly is the best website builder I've ever used. It's easy, intuitive, and the customer support is very responsive. You can reach them by chat and by phone, so if you have any problems they are accessible. They also have a ton of how-to guides to help you accomplish whatever you'd like.
ConsI have one little complaint about Weebly's website builder - they do not offer a strike-through feature. Let's say that you have a sales page or an online store and you want to demonstrate that a price was previously higher. Most of the time you do this by striking out the high price and presenting the lower price. This feature isn't available on Weebly. So if I had to change one thing about Weebly, it would be to add that feature.
December 28, 2017
Elizabeth E.
Founder & Health Educator
September 6, 2019

“Weebly- a phenomenal site for my business needs! ”

OverallI am very pleased with my Weebly experience. Using this software has helped drive business/clients to me and has made it easy for me to maintain/update it regularly when I have new classes, new services, or new updates to post.
ProsI am grateful to use a program that does not require that I be an expert at coding or web design to have a clean, beautiful-looking site. I have had lots of compliments on my website since using Weebly.
ConsI have sometimes failed to save my work after making updates and then lost some precious time I gave to updating my site.
September 6, 2019
Amanda H.
Music Teacher
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
December 1, 2018

“Personal website for free? Yes please!”

OverallThis software is great for a website creating beginner or a teacher that simply prefers a more customizable approach than Google Classroom (I am the later of the two).
ProsFirst and foremost, it is amazingly incredible how easy Weebly is to use. So easy, that when I connect my students, they are also able to use it! The moment I discovered I could create accounts for my students I was overjoyed, as this makes their work more interesting to complete. It offers a few free resources that you can include in your website, and has even brought me business!
ConsMy least favorite, and what I feel is lacking, feature is the limited number of accounts I can create for students. I teach a large number, and so it becomes a game of "Who is interested in doing this?" Because of this, I can't set up their accounts ahead of time. For the free version, though, I get it-it's just disappointing.
December 1, 2018
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 employees
October 31, 2018

“One of the Best Website Builders”

OverallOverall, one of my top 2 website building platforms and recommendations to students and schools. I have used Weebly a lot and everything I create comes out looking very professional.
ProsEverything. This is usually one of the most used website builders I recommend and students use for assignments that require a some form of website or blog. There are templates already curated for you by Weebly, taking a lot of the guesswork out for students. And regardless of which template you choose, there is a lot of editing that you are capable of doing to the site to make it yours. The drag and drop editor really make sit easy, especially for students who are often on a time crunch, and can't take forever to learn HOW to use the tool, but rather, what to put on it. So Weebly really help them create professional looking websites quickly.
ConsOne of the biggest issues I have come across is if you make an error, going back to undo it is a hassle. And if you save the change to a published site, to go back is difficult if at all possible. I wish there was a simpler way to do this or add this feature/ability.
October 31, 2018
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
October 14, 2018

“Love Weebly for Site Building!”

OverallI use Weebly for my students and they enjoy checking out the resources I gather there. I was skeptical about the ease of use at the beginning, but I found out quickly that I can make big or small changes easily and it's not difficult. This is my 3rd year using Weebly for my website and the price is reasonable.
ProsI have a website to store/gather all sorts of resources for my students. I pay an annual subscription that is VERY reasonably priced to keep the site running. The functionality has improved a lot since the early days of site-building. (I used another site years ago and then I found Weebly!) It's easy to edit the site term to term or even week to week or day to day for my students. I can add pages, images, links, etc. in no time! The site is easy to navigate. I have had a subscription for over two years and I love it!
ConsI don't think there is anything that is 'negative' since any issues have been because of "user challenges" (meaning my own limitations!) I enjoy the creativity I can use when I edit my site and the students enjoy checking out the resources I share with them via Weebly.
October 14, 2018
June 5, 2018

“Absolutely beautiful website creator with tons of customization.”

OverallIt's very easy to use, extremely affordable, and super intuitive. Everything is very clean and professional, and it even has an option to have your site hosted for free (with their logo and such on the page and in the URL, as is the standard for free sites).
ProsWeebly starts you out with a template, which you're able to customize completely. You can move and change anything you'd like. The templates are beautiful and extremely professional looking, and customizing them is extremely easy and intuitive. If you can use a mouse and a keyboard, you can use Weebly. It's all point & click, drag & drop, and the rest is just typing or uploading media. The paid versions are simple and affordable, and everything is laid out for you to easily review to find the one that best suits your needs.
ConsI wish I could search for templates or themes, rather than scrolling through the options. They do keep the options relatively limited, so it's not as though it's extremely time consuming, but it'd be nice to speed up the process by searching for something specific. I'd have also loved to see a form you can fill out to customize the template a bit, rather than having to customize the entire thing; something that asks for the name, a brief description, stuff like that, and then goes in and fills in that information for you. That's not a major criticism, as it's super easy to customize, just would've made the process a bit more user friendly, I think.
June 5, 2018
Alison L.
Executive Director
March 18, 2018

“Good looking websites that are easy to create at a reasonable cost”

OverallThe ability to create good-looking, functional websites at a reasonable price.
ProsI currently manage five different websites on Weebly. Sites are easy to set up, look good, and are optimized for both desktop and mobile computing experiences. They have a range of options from free sites for those just starting out, to high-end sites for those conducting a lot of e-commerce -- and some in-between options for the rest of us. Paid sites allow for a range of e-commerce options. There are a lot of help and training materials available, as well as a community where you can ask questions of other users and administrators. I also like being able to do business with a US-based company.
ConsI sometimes feel too restricted by the WYSIWYG features -- which make building a website easy for beginners, but can hamper those of us who want more flexibility. I'm getting better at using the more advanced coding features, however. Different templates in the system behave differently, so that some features (like an "anchor" workaround) may work on one site but not another.
March 18, 2018
Amy V.
Tutor
Education Management, Self-employed
February 21, 2019

“Wonderful Tool for my Tutoring Company”

ProsI love using this software tool. I have been using the "free" version for 2 years now for my tutoring company. I know many people that subscribed to the more advanced version for their company. Once my company grows, I plan to do the same. For now though, it offers more than enough for my small business. I am able to post several different pages and add a variety of free apps. For instance, I have a contact form that allows customers to fill out their name, number, and a comment and it goes directly to my email. With a paid subscription, you can add more advance tools such as calendars and schedules. I highly recommend.
ConsThe only thing I don't like right now is not being able to post my schedule and have students sign up for tutoring. However, this is an option for a monthly fee.
February 21, 2019
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
February 4, 2019

“Easy to use web designer”

OverallI use Weebly for a school website as well as one of my personal websites. Once you learn how Weebly wants you to do things, you can create new pages full of content within minutes.
ProsFairly easy to use web interface, doesn't take much to make great looking websites. Drag and drop interface. Can have multiple editors for a site and easily control their access by page. Site never seems to go down.
ConsI wish there was a better way to handle photo galleries. Adding custom HTML is not very easily accomplished. Non-education pricing is a bit expensive if you want to use your own domain name. Page-level backups would be nice along with an easy 'undo' button if you mess something up.
February 4, 2019