BrightGauge Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.4/5
4.7/5

About BrightGauge

BrightGauge is a data platform built for MSPs and the business industry, allowing users to generate data-driven dashboards and reports based on unique datasources. BrightGauge also lets users track progress against key performance indicators (KPIs) through its Goals feature. With BrightGauge dashboards, you can view the metrics that matter most to you, all in real-time. Transparency is essential to building long-lasting client relationships and nothing builds trust more than Client Reports. Learn more about BrightGauge

Rob M.
Chief Operating Officer
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
July 1, 2019

“Great platform, but still needs additional features”

OverallThis software is great for pulling in data from multiple product sources. It allows you to define gauges, and put those gauges on dashboards or reports. We initially bought it for monthly client reporting, so that we could include data on their reports from multiple sources. However, we quickly found that creating dashboards for different things (service, techs, sales, opportunities) we could reduce internal emails flying around, and help drive staff towards the items that need attention.
ProsLove the ability to create customer reports from multiple product sources! We also love the dashboards we can make. It's helped reduce errors from missed email notifications, and instead we can work the dashboards to "manage towards green". The dashboards have really transformed the way we keep track of everything in our organization.
ConsI would like to see more information available from the different datasources. I would also like to see a greater understanding on the developer's part of the different datasources. Sometimes there are issues they just don't understand (How can a ConnectWise opportunity not have a start date?). I would also like to see better ways for mixing different types of data from the datasource. Sometimes the capabilities of the gauges can feel very rigid, and you might want to look at the data in a different way, but can't. We would love features that allow us to use the data in the way that we wish. For example, I would like to be able to look at ConnectWise activities, filter by type, and then know how long they have been in certain stages. Same thing for tickets, or opportunities. BrightGauge should give us the ability to log, and know know how long an object has been in a particular state. That would be a very powerful feature for us. One other thing that is major annoyance is there is no way to sort reports by the company they were created for. It would be such an easy thing to fix but 1.5 years later and we still can't sort on this column. This means when you are doing overhauls or audits, it's extremely difficult to know which customers have been addressed, and which haven't. Huge pain in the rear, and such an easy fix. Sometimes your PDF reports don't generate for really no reason. That is also annoying.
Jeff B.
June 19, 2019

“Game Changer”

OverallSee the Pros section above. We have been using this for probably almost 5 years now - and keep paying to add more data sources. We currently pull in data from 8 different sources. The software has been a complete game changer for us and visualizing our data. We use it every single day across our entire organization. I cannot imagine running out business without it at this point.
ProsThis software let's use see data in ways we almost couldn't even imagine - and certainly could never get otherwise. Makes for very easy access to pulling data out without having to program, etc. Also opens up doors to mashing data from different sources together on a single gauge and dashboards. One of the very best things (and there are many) is the company and their support. Unmatched!
ConsHonestly, I really cannot come up with even a single thing as a con.
June 19, 2019
khaled f.
June 9, 2019

“Reporting and Metrics”

OverallWe run very tight metrics on our service tickets in CWmanage. time to acknowledgement of a ticket through time to resolution. We also perform weekly ticket load as well as use these metrics to award monthly bonuses
ProsThe best part of the software is it's compatibility with CW Manage and Automate. We run many reports and metrics for our services and sales team and find the ease of ouse very helpful.
ConsIt has become very annoying to see features added and then we have to pay more for them. We have to pay more to simply perform calculations? or to charge us simply to setup a new user? both are a bit ridiculous.
June 9, 2019
Jonathan h.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 24, 2019

“Analytics, Anomalies, and Access”

OverallSupport on the product has been stellar. Questions and issues have been handled quickly. The software has been worth every penny spent. The visual insight into our data and applications has allowed each employee to manage their own productivity via customized gauges and dashboards. For most people, the dashboard is the starting point for most work tasks now.
ProsIt is very easy to build gauges and a customized dashboard for every employee - every employee at our company has a dashboard with individualized gauges for their job role. We have gauges built to highlight productivity metrics, to identify errors/issues, and to enable faster access to our underlying software applications. Most of our employees use brightgauge every day, and we are in the process of implementing TV's around the office to display company dashboards.
ConsYou can add color to data in a gauge, but it is really limited to two different colors. It would be nice to be able to do more. For example, you might want to do red, yellow, and green for error, warning, and good.
May 23, 2019

“Very Good Product with Outstanding Support”

OverallOverall, I have been extremely happy with the product. The reporting capability is much better than the built in reporting for the remote management, business management and customer sanctification software that we use. I can't stress enough how impressed that I have been with BrightGauge technical support. I always get a reply within an hour, sometimes much more quickly. For requests that can't be completed by support,I have been sent instructional videos customized to my system showing me exactly how to accomplish what I need.
ProsThe product itself has allowed us to monitor many aspects of our business and managed devices better than other products and technical support is among the best that I have ever worked with.
ConsSome more advanced gauges and reports are complex and require a significant learning curve to get exactly how you would like them to appear.
May 23, 2019
Jill A.
VP

“Mission Critical Tool”

OverallBrightGauge is a mission critical tool for our organization. By integrating into many of our operational and technical tools, we have centralized visibility and analytics to make more effective decisions. The staff at BG is fantastic and always will to go above and beyond to help us better leverage the tool.
ProsThe ability to integrate with multiple data sources and compile into meaningful analysis to drive visibility into our business and allow for more effective decision-making.
ConsOrganization of the gauges (into the folders) is not very helpful in terms of the level of detail (where the gauges are used, last updated, sources of integration). The ability to make mass changes, rather than gauge by gauge (e.g. in the event of having to repeat filters on multiple gauges, or change a data source).
Thomas F.
June 17, 2019

“Great dashboard sofware for your PSA”

OverallWe use BrightGauge for daily KPI reporting and to display on dashboard TVs in our office.
ProsBrightGauge is extremely easy to set up and use. Most MSP applications have a built-in connector, making configuration very simple.
ConsThe product is very expensive for what we use it for. I wish they had a "light" version for just doing simple reports and internal TV-dashboards.
David G.
Head Of Operations
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“An incredibly powerful BI tool - Great for MSP's”

OverallI love it, it is incredibly powerful and has enabled me to get a much better view of what is actually happening in our business, not just what I thought was happening.
ProsIt is really simple to create reports, dashboards, and gauges using drag and drop. Support from Brightgauge is really good, always responsive and friendly. Regular new feature releases keeps the product improving
ConsYou need some SQL knowledge to set up the datasets yourself. That said, Support have always created them for me when I have asked. It is definitely aimed at SMB's, so if you are looking for an enterprise-grade BI tool, this isn't going to work in my opinion.
October 16, 2018
Lolen E.

“Love Brightgauge!”

OverallOverall it has been a great tool that I have used for years and will most likely continue to use for a very long time.
ProsIt serves an important need that Connectwise is very weak at providing. The dashboards and alerts really keep my team focused on getting to the next ticket in a timely manner.
ConsIt's probably just because I don't do it often, but creating / editing gauges can be frustrating and not as intuitive as I'd like them to be. But... when I need help, their support is amazing.
Jeffrey P.
Director of Managed Services
March 13, 2018

“The best dashboarding software I have ever worked with.”

OverallThis product has helped us to bring visibility to our operations.
ProsExceptionally easy to use. Lots of out of the box examples. Constant improvements that add functionality without cluttering the product or forcing a trade-off of other core functionality. Support is amazing. They truly listen to the customer community when it comes to functionality improvements. Attractive pricing structure.
ConsI would like a way to do a rotating carousel of some of the dashboards. Would love to see BrightGauge sponsor a raspberry pi distribution that specifically was meant to quickly deploy signage.
March 13, 2018
Nathan H.
NOC Manager
April 20, 2018

“BrightGauge has provided an easy way to design dashboards, reports and scorecards.”

ProsEase of use - it is very simple to create dashboards, reports and scorecards. Presentation - the appearance of the dashboards and reports is modern.
ConsThere is a Filter option that allows you to create a dashboard and then filter it. For example, we have dashboards that have a filter allow us to look at the same dashboard client by client. Unfortunately, the "filter" option can only be used by users with an "Editor" license. This makes the feature almost useless since we have so many "Viewer" users.
April 20, 2018
David D.
June 17, 2019

“This software allows me to have command of my business.”

OverallI love this software. Within a month, I was using this software and I had critical data at my fingertips.
ProsThis software is so easy to use and gives me the power to consolidate all of the critical data and KPI's I need to know to make smart decisions and have command over my business.
ConsThe only thing that I wish was more powerful is the reporting engine. It is limited to just the gauges which isn't always what you need on a report.
Matt Z.
Director Network Engineering

“Computol 2019 Review”

OverallWe use BrightGauge for daily reporting on open tickets and department KPIs. We have also started using it to track the tools we use.
ProsIt is easy to use. We were able to get gauges setup quickly using the predefined field mappings.
ConsSome of the field names are not clear on how they correspond to the application fields or what data is used in the calculation.
Ken K.

“Great Support”

OverallWe use BG to manage our daily, weekly meeting, client reports and on demand reporting.
ProsThe software is easy to use, once its setup. Support is exceptional.
ConsCan be hard to setup and I would like to see Wizards to get tasks done. Additional integrations are expensive.
Mike J.

“BrightGauge review”

OverallOverall, Brightgauge has been one of best partners. Your service is exceptional and always willing to listen/find new ways of reporting.
ProsAbility to report across various data sources. Additionally, you're always looking to bring in new integrations.
ConsOrganization options for gauges (e.g. folders You have to touch everything manually
James D.

“Ridiculously easy...”

OverallWhile i like the product, I am contemplating if it is worth what we pay, in that we can create similar graphs in Autotask.
ProsI like how easy it is to setup gauges. The dashboards are great and more flexible than autotask dashboards.
ConsThe goals section is cumbersome to track KPIs and lacks any graphing or export features.
Chris B.
CEO - Owner
June 7, 2019

“Price is high given how we use it”

Overallfavorable
ProsGood dashboard look, easy to modify, updated often enough for our needs
Conscomplicated when trying to do more complicated multi data joins (well its complicated stuff what do i expect) we use 1 dashboard we watch in our office, that's all. we have multiple data hookups but really only use connectwise, we pay alot for how we use it and that often has me thinking we could just build our own basic dashboard and save over 3k per year.
Sunny L.
June 7, 2019

“I was driving with blindfolds on”

ProsThis software takes the blindfolds off to your data. It is so easy to see the data you want to see, in real time, that you always know when you are off, and you can make the changes necessary to make it happen.
ConsSome kinds of charts are hard, due to the nature of the data structure. Talk to Brightgauge, and they can take a look and fix it with a modified dataset
Keith A.
Technical Services Engineer
August 31, 2019

“Great Reporting”

OverallI typically have used BrightGauge to keep track of my daily and monthly stats. Our service desk has set up reports so we can track our success and progress towards monthly and daily goals. The reports aren't perfect, but being an end user, it's hard for me to know if that's because of the way the report was built, a plugin, or any number of other things that could cause the issues. Overall, it's been a helpful tool for me. We do also use a few dashboards that are client facing to allow them to have an insight to issues specifically facing them.
ProsI love the ability to view live reports that change as the data changes. It's also nice to be able to cycle through different dashboards automatically.
ConsThe reporting isn't always perfect, though that may be because of plugins or the way the reports were built.
August 31, 2019
Graham R.
Technical Services Manager

“Love BrightGauge!”

ProsA single pane of glass to view data from all of my different toolsets
ConsSome datasets, especially the Dropbox integration have limitations
Ivan M.
Chief Executive Officer
November 7, 2017

“Excellent Dashboard for MSPs, Great Support from Customer Service to Onboard”

ProsBeautiful, colorful dashboard, client reports that are customizable and auto-send, and easy access to customer service staff at Brightgauge when we have an issue.
ConsBecause BrightGauge works with the databases of Connectwise and Labtech, it makes the gauge configuration a bit difficult to understand.
November 7, 2017
Jason C.
COO
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

“Great Product”

OverallWe have been able to streamline several business operations with Brightgauge. From finance to NOC services. I am not sure how we ran without it.
ProsAllow us to easily extract data from our different systems to make quick business decisions.
ConsI wish they had other payment options besides per datasource.
Luis A.
President & CEO
June 7, 2019

“A great reporting tool for integrating multiple sources of data ”

ProsThe number of datasources from which you can collect data and create unified reports.
ConsCreating reports can sometimes be complex and require more database and report writing skill that we have in house. Fortunately, the good folks at Brightgauge are happy to help us when we flounder.
Kevin K.
Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2019

“Awesome Overview of Productivity”

OverallKeeping track of tickets and technicians
ProsWe use this daily to keep tabs on what is going on within our business. This tool gives us a quick look at that and we can drill to more specifics if needed.
ConsWould like to know if there is a user guide on how to set up the Dashboards and Goals on all of the specifics that Tigerpaw has to offer. I have not set up anything that was not already kind of predefined.
June 11, 2019
Allan M.
July 2, 2019

“Great software for insights into the business performance”

OverallWe have had great customer service and support. Always willing to assist with an issue. Well done guys!!
ProsEase of use and functionality. To be able to drill down multiple levels to achieve reports and stats required to operate the business
ConsData source pricing could be cheaper. This would help us take up the option of more integrations to better manage the business
Chris A.
CISO
June 26, 2018

“Been waiting years for this”

ProsFor use with ConnectWise ticketing system. Manage Engineers Manage Clients Finally turn data into information. Quick easy gauges and alot of predefined. Low Overhead and Cost. Excellent training and support staff.
ConsI would love to list a con, but I haven't found one yet. If I had to list some, it would be that the gauges are only as good as the data that is being entered into the system to begin with. In addition, you still have to look at multiple data points and have some human intelligence added. I would love to be able to have predefined KPI's as well. They do have benchmarking.
June 26, 2018
Robert P.

“Review”

OverallGreat People and good software
ProsThe Dashboards and Gauges are easy to view and you can get them to rotate in Kiosk mode
ConsComplex Structure Only able to go back 240 Days Unable to get reports from a point in time in the past to do comparisons Not enough implementation of added features
Tharini D.
Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2019

“Easy to use”

ProsEasily create templates and reports.This software can directly access Autotask- think they have done the mapping -therefore the reporting is very easy.
ConsFor different functionalities you have to pay a different price.Costly to add new data sources
August 2, 2019
Hannah W.
Administrative Assistant
July 9, 2018

“Can do a lot of cool stuff; great integration and customization. Takes some learning. ”

ProsI love that this integrates well with ConnectWise. It seems like there are a lot of things you can do and create beautiful metrics for. I love the customization of the dashboards; it's attractive and dynamic.
ConsIt's a little difficult to build the metrics at first, but I think with more practice it becomes easier. Sometimes we would notice that metrics on our dashboards wouldn't match up with our metrics from Connectwise.
July 9, 2018
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1001-5000 employees
November 21, 2018

“Great Product”

ProsLots of integration (currently use with ConnectWise and Customer Thermometer) This is a company that knows how to onboard. Lot's of MSPs could learn from them.
ConsIt doesn't do a 1 year review on dashboards.
November 21, 2018
Justin M.
June 24, 2019

“Great Functionality out of the box but tricky to rollout”

OverallVisibility & ownership for staff
ProsOut of the box dashboards & gauges. Displays really good
ConsIf you don't have a data analyst it is tricky to get the nuances