Abacus Ratings

Overall

About Abacus

Abacus is a real time expense management solution that uses data and behavior analysis to automate expense creation and approvals. Expenses workflows are optimized to help administrators focus on anomalies and high priority items. Abacus proactively makes recommendations, flags expenses for review, and automatically manages recurring expenses within policy. It is the easiest way for you to reimburse your team, reconcile corporate credit cards, and implement your expense policy. Learn more about Abacus

Bryant S.
Assitant to the Marketing Director
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
May 3, 2018

“Abacus as a simple and worthwhile expense tool.”

ProsAbacus has so many feature, it is practically limitless. We were able to use it to shorten our expense process drastically. Not to mention the fact that the Abacus team is extremely helpful. Their introduction emails answer your questions before you even have a chance to ask them! For us, Abacus was the perfect choice as it offered us both a simple and practical expense platform to start with as well as a technology we will be able to use moving forward and integrate with our accounting software as our sales representatives become more aware of the product. (Which isn't too tough! Its incredibly simple to use!) Pricing is at a great point as well. However, if a user does not submit an expense they will not pay for that month! I would not trust those who offer "free expense software." Those at Abacus are professionals, hands down, no doubt.
ConsI really have few cons for the software. I think it would be nice to see more instructional videos that we could share with our sales team so that we did not have to explain the software to them. That being said, the software is intuitive and we had few problems helping everyone get up to speed. All in all, there is little to complain about considering how much bang you get for your buck.
May 3, 2018
Rebecca K.
Executive Assistant
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2017

“Easiest Way to Manage Your Business Transactions”

OverallThis software tremendously helps the accounting team at our Firm. It also helps the users who are required to submit corporate expenses. The categories and customization fields allow this product to be extremely useful.
ProsI love the Abacus. It's extremely easy to navigate your way throughout the site, and it takes only a few seconds to upload images of your receipt/add a quick description of your expense. I also like that you can create different categories and can require specific fields to be answered. This is extremely useful on the admin side when users are uploading their information for Corporate expenses. It leaves less room for exclusions to me made. This programs took me approximately 30 minutes to learn and I've used it every day since.
ConsMy least favorite thing about this product is just the price, honestly. I feel it is a bit high, but the product is great and the customer service is very helpful, so all in all it's worth the money.
October 10, 2017
Events Services, 11-50 employees

“Count your Savings!”

Overall I love that this is quick, and easy. Just take a picture of your receipts and attached the image to your expenses and that is it! Saves time, and shows corporate where they can save money or where too much is spent.
ProsAbacus allows you to streamline and organize your expenses. It enables you to systematize how you refund your employees, execute your expenses and reconcile credit cards.
Cons I haven't found anything I don't like about Abacus. This saves time and money and approval and audit processes are faster. This is easy as counting on your fingers!
Brittany C.
March 11, 2015

“Perfect fit for our small, fast-paced organization”

ProsAbacus is very easy to use, and gets money back into our employees' bank accounts as quickly as possible. We knew we didn't want to keep folks waiting up to a month for their reimbursements, and Abacus has just blown us away. We've gotten expenses submitted and approved in 30 seconds, with direct deposits initiated that night. Each transaction also has the documentation we need for our annual audit since we're a nonprofit. It syncs perfectly with our accounting software (Xero) and our chart of accounts.
ConsThere's absolutely nothing I don't like! I was expecting customer service to be less-than-great, since I work for a small nonprofit organization (read: low revenue for developers) but it's been exceptional.
Recommendations to other buyersWe chose Abacus because it does away with the concept of monthly expense reporting, and prioritizes getting money back to our employees as quickly and easily as possible. Other companies might have different priorities to consider, or might need that structure of a monthly report.
March 11, 2015
Matthew B.
Equipping and Discipleship Director
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
December 21, 2017

“Great software”

ProsThis automated our process and allowed us to go completely paperless which was a big deal for our organization!
December 21, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
November 2, 2018

“Very Easy to Use for Employees”

ProsI appreciate how easy Abacus makes it for me to submit expenses and how clear the process is. You can quickly see what expenses are pending, what has been approved, and what still need to be approved.
ConsI wish there was a way to remove categories that are irrelevant to you or your team. I.e. if you are on the accounts team, you should be able to hid the sales categories to make it easier to categorize the expense.
November 2, 2018
Internet, 201-500 employees
January 9, 2019

“Love abacus!”

ProsAbacus is great. It's very straightforward and super user friendly. I think it's extremely easy to streamline the entire expense process.
ConsNothing really! I'm just a user on the platform but I find it extremely easy to use and have no issues at all explaining to new hires how to use.
January 9, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
March 21, 2019

“Best Expense Tracker”

ProsEasiest to use expense tracking software. Just snap a receipt and send to your approving manager gets notified. Quick and easy to categorize expenses appropriately, as well.
ConsNo cons, been very happy with Abacus and current and prior companies that have used this software.
March 21, 2019
G. Keenan S.
Product Education Lead
Internet, 201-500 employees
May 15, 2018

“Effortless expense tracking and management”

ProsHaving come from a huge tech company that had their own proprietary software to submit and reimburse expenses, Abacus is a breath of fresh air. It's unbelievably easy to use and both their website and their mobile app are clean, intuitive and get out of my way. I don't feel like I'm jumping through hoops or need to go through a bunch of red tape to get expenses reimbursed, and it helps me keep track of when my expenses are approved and reimbursements are being distributed. It's amazing being able to just take a photo of a receipt right from the app and upload it immediately. Don't need to hold onto receipts or gather scans in another app. Seriously, this software is so simple. Every company should use it.
ConsI've had the mobile app crash a few times or just become unresponsive, but this is so inconsistent that I don't really think I've ever been inconvenienced by it.
May 15, 2018
Kelsey L.
February 25, 2015

“Work expensing with ease!”

ProsIt's extremely easy to use. The design is clean and neat, and it goes right to my CFO for fast approval of the items I expense for work.
ConsI use an iPhone 5S, and for some reason, the little red circle with a 1 on it is always on the app on my home screen. I usually like to have all notifications cleared as they come in, and I can't figure out what the red bubble is for.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure your CFO or whoever takes care of financials for your company is on top of things. When my CFO approves expenses right away, the money is in my bank the next day. If it sits over the weekend, it will take longer to approve and end up in your bank account.
February 25, 2015
Supreeth S.
Process Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
February 9, 2018

“Expense System with Easy usage”

ProsAbacus is a extremely useful expense software with ability to drag images from the platform and also can download images from the phone app.
ConsThe aggregate expense with outstanding amount shall be displayed on home page that will be very helpful for any user.
February 9, 2018
Internet, 11-50 employees

“Easy to Use”

ProsAbacus is great - both online and in their app. It's simple to submit (and approve) expenses to keep your team moving.
ConsThere are random bugs that appear in the mobile version that seem to be easily resolved by restarting.
Devani S.
Staff Accountant
October 18, 2017

“So far so good!”

ProsWe have been using this system for about five months now. The website and mobile app are user-friendly, which is the biggest pro. It can also be customized to fit your business structure. Overall, the system has delivered well on most of what it promised.
ConsI think our only con so far is that the system does not integrate with our accounting software as we were told it would.
October 18, 2017
Jodus M.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
February 16, 2018

“Complete recommendation ”

OverallNo
ProsWe have used their services once only last year and thoroughly would recommend their customer service
ConsThey are small and may take some time to get assistance. They seem to be always busy which can be both a pro and a con
February 16, 2018
Jon Q.
April 3, 2015

“Easy to use product with a beautiful interface”

OverallI'm currently trailing a handful of different expense related applications, and Abacus appears to be the strongest contestant. It's intuitive, easy to use, smart!, and powerful. It's very clear that a lot of work went into building this product as the interaction and experience of the app is so simple to use (with little to zero instructions). One of my favourite features would be the ability to quickly filter expenses and generate exports. Their .PDF export is great as it provides a table breakdown of all the expenses as well as all of the receipt images associated with the expense. Give it a shot!
April 3, 2015
William S.
51-200 employees
February 22, 2019

“Great Tool!”

ProsAbacus is a great tool, very useful to help streamline your work consistently throughout the work day.
ConsWorking out great for me so far, software design could be more aesthetically pleasing to say the least.
February 22, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 15, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsThe interface is easy to use and expensing on this system is very quick. I use my phone regularly and the biggest benefit is when you can use your phone to upload the expenses on. This makes it relevant and direct, which cuts out paperwork.
ConsIt would be good on the dashboard to see what the expenses have been paid, not just how much has been aggregated.
March 15, 2018
July 2, 2018

“We use Abacus for expense tracking and reimbursement”

ProsThe app is lite (it doesn't take much space) and it seems to do all of the basics from travel to reimbursement management.
ConsThe app struggles with things it claims to do and has some "advanced" things it apparently cannot do. For instance, connecting a credit card says the app will recognize expenditures for approval later, but so far nobody in our office has been able to make that work. It would also be nice to not have so much downloading, saving, then re-uploading to Abacus (regarding receipts) - other apps do this without saving on your personal machine at all.
July 2, 2018
James M.
Legal Assistant
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2016

“Great For large Firms”

OverallThis is a great system for large firms. It will handle everything you will need to do. You can cover all needs of the firm with this product.
ProsThe Tech support is very good and very willing to help if you have any kind of issues.
October 11, 2016
Ressa F.
Senior Staff Accountant
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
October 17, 2017

“Abacus is very user friendly.”

ProsAs an administrator the ability to reconcile is super easy using the system! I haven't really found any one specific thing that I dislike about Abacus.
October 17, 2017
Jasleen L.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
March 26, 2015

“Excellent and most user friendly Expense Reimbursement platform.”

ProsSimplicity and ease of use along with the timeliness of payments.
ConsThere is nothing that I would change about this platform.
Recommendations to other buyersI have used other platforms that are way complicated with too many bells and whistles that make the whole user experience too complicated.
Kim G.
August 26, 2014

“I am an approving manager ”

ProsThis is great software to quickly track and approve an employee's expenses. There's no need to write checks anymore.
ConsI would love to have a simple way to extract all expenses onto an Excel spreadsheet. I currently do this, but it seems that it could be done much easier.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's user-friendly. We currently only have one employee using this software and me approving expenses.
August 26, 2014
Andrew L.
Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 15, 2019

“Abacus consolidates real time”

ProsExpenses made easy and tracking done correctly. Credit cards and mileage is now easier than ever before.
ConsAfter my employees turn in accurate expenses, I have to pay them. I don't really like that, but that's business.
January 15, 2019

Manager of People Operations & Employee Experience
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
September 25, 2018

“Abacus is Great”

OverallI only use it as a user, but it makes the overall expense report process so easy and I spend so much less wasted time attaching and downloading receipts!
ProsI love Abacus. It makes expense reports so easy and I end up just doing it as I am out and about since it is so easy to upload.
ConsIt takes forever for the transactions to pull through from my card so I don't end up using that function which is unfortunate because it is actually pretty helpful.
September 25, 2018
Eric S.
January 5, 2017

“Must have for any startup!”

OverallIf you're still using manual expense reporting, then you need to block off an hour today and implement Abacus immediately. It will save you and your team dozens of hours while giving you better insights and controls over your expense policies. Easy setup that takes less than 30 minutes, and an email to your teammates. Do it.
January 5, 2017
Belal A.
August 22, 2014

“Amazing product that has made getting expenses paid so much easier!”

ProsI like the ease of use. I was able to pick it up very quickly.
ConsI haven't had any problems with the product so far. A manager has to invite you to use the app.
Recommendations to other buyersI am dumb when it comes to technology, and most expense apps are confusing for the end user. Abacus is easier to use than any other product I have used.
August 22, 2014
Scott F.
Sr. Director of Operations
August 16, 2014

“Worked wonders for our organization”

OverallI cannot say enough about how much we love and could not live without Abacus. It has revolutionized the way we handle expense reports and the speed with which we are able to get our employees the money they deserve. A total time-saver for everyone involved. The customer service has been outstanding, helping answer our questions every step of the way.
August 16, 2014
Brian T.
COO
April 8, 2016

“huge fan - abacus has made expense management incredibly easy for us”

OverallI'm a user, admin, and enormous fan of Abacus. The product makes it so easy for our people to report/ track their expenses and then of course its insanely easy for me to approve the expenses without having to ask a ton of questions or look through a lot of receipts.
April 8, 2016
Varun S.
May 1, 2015

“Best Expense Software I've Ever Used”

OverallAbacus is drop-dead easy. Snap a photo of your receipt, input the amount and the vendor, and a description. And you're done. I'm submitting expenses before I get up from the table of the meal that I'm expensing. Super easy for our finance team to review and I have money in my bank account in a few days.
May 1, 2015
Edy W.
April 6, 2015

“Seamless Integration, Quick Pay-Backs, Easy to use! ”

OverallWe recently transitioned from a method of expense filing via Excel Spreadsheets, to using Abacus and I couldn't be happier with the expediency and ease of use of the platform. I definitely would recommend it to any company (regardless of size) with expense reporting and reimbursement needs.
April 6, 2015
Steve Y.

“Keeps me organized”

OverallIt has changed the way we expense things. We used to all have separate cards and it cost us a lot on personal expenses slipping through. With there was an alert system when certain limits were crossed. There probably is.
Deepti V.
Senior Customer Service Level Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
April 19, 2018

“Easy to get every information in short and simple way”

ProsUI is good Linked to vast database of clients Advancement is applied Summarized info can be utilized in better way
ConsSelection of data fields could be more as as per the categories. Here requires more enhanced details of land survey.
April 19, 2018
Zachary S.

“Startup Gold”

OverallHaving come from a few corporate gigs, and suffering through their frustrating and antiquated expense systems, Abacus was a breath of fresh air. It's very, very easy to use.
Daniel B.
January 9, 2017

“Best expense reimbursement tool!”

OverallAbacus makes reimbursement for work-related expenses a breeze. The site is extremely user-friendly and the reimbursements show up in people's banks quickly.
January 9, 2017
Mohamad C.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 26, 2018

“Deal with them in SAP B1”

ProsAvailability in many countries, have many industry specific experiences, charge reasonable manday rate
ConsUsually depend on one senior resources who never changed and many junior resources who sometimes changed
December 26, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 13, 2018

“Great tool but not perfect”

ProsAbacus is an interesting tool and definitely innovates within the space. It has helped many people with its work.
ConsAlthough it helps people, the UI can always use some improvement to keep it from being slow. New integrations would also be welcome.
March 13, 2018
Anna L.

“We love Abacus!”

OverallAbacus has made the expensing process very easy and efficient. We do not have to wait as long to get reimbursed.
Amber S.
November 3, 2016

“Very easy to use”

OverallI like Abacus because you're using it primarily when you're traveling for work and the ease of use is great during long travel days!
November 3, 2016
J C.
Product
May 4, 2015

“Expenses made easy - for real”

OverallMy company used Abacus, and it makes putting in expenses super painless. Literally takes under 1 min from your phone. Solved a huge pain point for our organization.
May 4, 2015
Mike M.
Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified

“Abacus Review”

ProsIt is very easy to use and straightforward. Also enjoy the design of the interface and its aesthetically pleasing appearance.
ConsReally nothing. It does everything I need it to, easily. Maybe make the charts section a little more detailed. Looks pretty basic.
Recommendations to other buyersFollow the directions and click around a bit before submitting a support ticket.
Jeremy K.
Operations Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2018

“Solid expense reporting software”

ProsVery easy to download and get started. Pretty intuitive to submit basic expenses and get refunded quickly.
ConsSeems like there are excessive required fields but at least it's easy to use so not that big a deal.
August 10, 2018
Ashley S.
Accountant
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
November 23, 2015

“Abacus Review”

ProsVery easy to use, very easy to teach employees to use
ConsUnable to customize export file before downloading to CSV. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice feature to have.
Recommendations to other buyersComparing price and features, Abacus definitely came in at the top for us, and they have been a really great choice.
November 23, 2015
Phil H.
Director of Finance
September 8, 2015

“Best Customer Service ”

OverallMy complicated issue was solved in minutes!!
September 8, 2015
Gina A.
IT Manager
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
2.5/5
3.5/5
March 26, 2015

“It has been a very useful product thus far.”

ProsThe software does the basics quit well. For instance, the use of the calendar is easy, as well as inputting new cases is simple. (also enjoy how it ties to your phone) Also like the opportunity to import templates from Microsoft Word.
ConsThere needs to be a longer character limit while writing in the cases. There needs to be better saving options while saving Microsoft and any pds. They are limited.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of the technical support. It is very helpful and reliable.
Lissa B.
Accounting Specialist
Retail, 51-200 employees
December 14, 2018

“Quickbooks”

ProsWe can easily track our expenses and stay on top on them.
ConsWe like everything about this software. It's easy to use
December 14, 2018
Stephen S.
CFO
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
April 12, 2017

“great, but a little outdated”

Overallgreat software, but seems a little cumbersome. I think the software itself needs a facelift
Prostons of information