My Digital Shield Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.9/5
4.6/5

About My Digital Shield

My Digital Shield (MDS) is a leading provider of Security-as-a-Service (SECaaS) that delivers enterprise-level security technology to small businesses. Based on industry-leading unified threat management (UTM) technology, MDS' customizable cloud-based security solution offers continual protection against cyber threats and intrusion at an affordable price. Founded in 2013, MDS serves numerous managed service providers (MSPs) and small businesses in various industries. Learn more about My Digital Shield

Karen S.

“Peace of Mind”

OverallI have been self employed for 33 years. I deal with State and Federal agencies every day, all day. I was having problems with continuous popups, to the point of interference with my entire working day. My email was also hacked which caused me much worry. I thought I was protected by having the "popular" antivirus software on my computer. I found out real quick, when I contacted them for their support and help, that it didn't cover the so called viruses my computer had been hit with. I was virtually put OUT OF BUSINESS. I was really stressed. It was 4th quarter and year end reporting time for me. Then, through a friend, I found out about My Digital Shield. Since the installation of My Digital Shield I now have peace of mind and no worries that my information can be compromised. I am thrilled at the affordability and performance of the product. Since the installation I'm no longer bothered by popups, ads, or threats and can finish my daily tasks in half the time it was taking me before. I would and have highly recommended this product to many of my customers and will continue to do so. When you're self employed you don't need the worries of anything like what happened to me before My Digital Shield came along. I feel confident this product has saved me much worry, stress, and money. I will continue to subscribe to it as long as I'm around. Also, and very importantly, My Digital Shield not only protects my business, it protects my entire family and their personal devices throughout my entire home.
Kevin M.
CEO/President
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 8, 2016

“Great Network Security product!!!”

OverallWe are a Managed Security service provider for small businesses and we love MDS products because they offer the best value for small businesses.
ProsThe price point for small businesses.
ConsThere are very little configuration you can do on this product.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are a small business or a home user this product is great for security your computers.
July 8, 2016
Jahswill U.
Digital marketer
Retail, Self-employed
July 24, 2018

“Best protection software for its price”

OverallGreat software overall
Pros[ts quite cheap and easy to use.i also enjoyed its cloud functionality hence ability to log in and use in any part of the world.
ConsThe interface is not so aesthetic. but is a great software for the price you are offering. I also cannot recommend it for big businesses
July 24, 2018
Andy S.
February 17, 2017

“Amazing innovation in cyber security”

OverallI'm very amazing at this new approach to simplify cybersecurity. It truly is everything they claim. I'm looking forward to seeing this company grow. Installation was very easy. management is very intuitive and very easy. (might lack enterprise feature, but they say they target SME's) support was top notch.
ProsIt's a service, it simple, it works very well. It's like the iPhone simplicity of cybersecurity.
Conslacks complex enterprise features
Recommendations to other buyersI'm very excited about this new concept of security and where it will go.
February 17, 2017
Vlad R.
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
February 5, 2015

“What a great product. I wish I found this before.”

ProsIt is extremely simple; it works very well. There's no annoying stuff like with the desktop antivirus I had before. It's very fast, too. Usually, security means slow and problems, but we haven't had any slowness or problems.
ConsThey don't market very well. I didn't find out about them until recently.
Recommendations to other buyersShieldtest.com looks like a good test to see how good the security is. You should check to make sure it does a good job at security and that it doesn't slow everything down.
Matt N.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 12, 2015

“Fast & easy setup!”

ProsThe setup was easy and worked with my existing office network. Web portal for configuring your security settings was very simple to follow and changes were installed in seconds.
ConsNo issues/nothing at this time. Product delivered easy setup, wireless connectivity, and security which is what was advertised and I needed.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure other vendors offer easy setup, wireless, and full security suite - URL Filtering, AntiVirus, Wireless Security
February 12, 2015
Rafayatul K.
Founder at ForgePortal
Media Production, 1-10 employees
February 6, 2018

“A revolution for guaranteeing maximum security to your business!”

OverallGuys, make this a flexible option for all businesses regardless of their sizes.
ProsThe most remarkable aspect of My Digital Shield Software is its cloud-based functionality and ease of usage. The cloud functionality enables users to access the system from any part of the world in seconds!
ConsNot applicable for large businesses; however, it is perhaps the best you can get at such an affordable price. Secondly, the saddest reason with this software is its incompatibility with Linux operating software.
February 6, 2018
Nathalie H.
Food & Beverages, Unspecified

“Super easy and secure”

ProsIt's very simple. I just have to pick a few options to secure my business. Also, Shield Test makes it very simple to understand security and how I am being protected.
ConsThe only thing missing for my needs is tunnel VPN support, but I hear that is coming soon.
Recommendations to other buyersJust try it. There's no real commitment, and it's very simple to install at a much cheaper rate than I was paying with AT&T.
Lillian E.
February 5, 2015

“Great protection, great price!”

OverallI was looking for a solution for my home business. Its just me but I knew I needed something more protective than software downloaded on my laptop. I heard about My Digital Shield from my cousin's neighbor who runs an IT business in Cleveland. The price was super affordable and I can set content levels and be in complete control. They also provide free guest wifi which I love. I am very impressed with the quality of internet and protection I receive.
Stewart P.
Ops Mgr
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
February 13, 2018

“My Digital Shield Software Review”

OverallNA
ProsMy users find the functionality everything they need it to be. I also feel that given its low price its a very worthwhile investment. Another positive attribute is that the system is incredibly easy to use.
ConsSome of my employees stated that the software interface seems to lack esthetics and could user a cleaner, fresher view. Other employees noted that the reports the system produces seem overly simple and lacked the ability to include some data that could be useful for monitoring trends.
February 13, 2018
Nick H.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 11, 2015

“Excellent Security at a Reasonable Price”

ProsMDS is providing security through complete internet traffic scanning. This will go a long way to securing devices for which AV software isn't available, such as printers, NAS units, and other IoT appliances.
ConsThe user interface is pretty industrial, and the reports seem over simplified.
Recommendations to other buyersThere is no other product like this currently available.
February 11, 2015
Ty T.
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
February 13, 2015

“Effective Internet Protection At Minimum Cost”

ProsThis is the ultimate defense for the small company against the swarm of predators out there to attack at any time.
ConsNothing at all. This is a great product based on the enterprise level protection offered by top of this category vendor, Fortinet.
Recommendations to other buyersGo for it. Get a comprehensive evaluation and support from a trusted partner.
February 13, 2015
Jacob K.
Real Estate, Unspecified
February 5, 2015

“Comprehensive network security that is simple to use.”

ProsMy Digital Shield offers high end security at a reasonable price. Setup was easy and, most importantly, was PCI compliant.
ConsNo cons to speak off. There are not many products on the market that compete in this price range.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have more than 5-6 AV licenses, then this will save you money as well as offer infinitely more protection.
Andrew K.
owner,tech
July 27, 2015

“Very impressive!”

OverallWe've been using this product for 6 months now and I must say, I'm really surprised. We used to always get some kind of virus or files encrypted and computers stopped working. Ever since we had this put in, all of that nonsense went away. I didn't even think it was possible to get rid of that headache. Very impressive!
July 27, 2015
Scott K.
Media Production, Unspecified
June 28, 2015

“Excellent protection at a great price”

ProsEnterprise level protection at a small business price.
ConsNothing. It is quality security solution and the price is great.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it and compare to other SMB or Enterprise level solutions.
June 28, 2015