The Loan Office Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About The Loan Office

The Loan Office is an affordable, easy to use, powerful solution specifically designed for the small lender. Seamless QuickBooks integration, built-in document scanning, track loan charges and advances, recurring and event driven reminders, unearned discounts, email statements and notices, incremental funding, conversation log, track insurance and senior liens, unlimited user-defined fields, Microsoft Office integration, and much more. Learn more about The Loan Office

Bruce B.
October 7, 2019

“W're thrilled we left a full service servicer to switch to The Loan Office”

OverallWe're a family office that manages approx 50 loans. We outsourced the back office functions to a major service provider for many year. We used to spend many hours monitoring all activity and then hours getting them to correct mistakes. The mistakes became so painful that we decided to take the chance to do it ourselves. Fortunately, we found The Loan Office. As it turns out, it takes no more time for us to enter the data ourselves into The Loan Office than it took to monitor and correct the outside service. Therefore, we're saving a lot of money without any downside. We feel better having more control. As a "small loan servicer", the reporting is less than was necessary because we were serviced to a large loan servicer. While we'd recommend that you do your homework to understand the features of The Loan Office, we're confident that The Loan Office will successfully do what it says it will do - what more can we ask.
ProsThe software does all of the paper work that we need done to manage the loans. We have full data at our fingertips whenever a borrower has a question.
ConsThe company sells a software program, the Mortgage Office, that's many many times more expensive than the Loan Office and has has more feature and capabilities. I guess the "con" of the Loan Office we purchased was that it doesn't include all of those features. However, the reality is that for our company, we didn't need any of those feature and we're very happy with The Loan Office as is.
Terri C.
VP of Operations
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“Mortgage Office Review”

OverallWe use the Mortgage Office to service the commercial mortgages for our loan department. The software provides the necessary tools to service our loans. The customer service department is excellent and has always done a superior job making sure that our needs are met.
ProsThe software is very easy and simple to use. It doesn't matter if you are a new user or a long time user the training to use the program is very minimal. The reports are easy to find and prepare.
ConsIt would be nice if we could make custom reports if we only want to pull specific data. I would like to be able to keep track of our UCC filings in the software in addition to property insurance. I don't like that there is a separate fee for the amortization feature. I feel like this should come with the software.
Jerrel A.
Managing Partner
September 13, 2016

“Small Business User”

OverallThe Loan Office has really helped to make us look more professional in the eyes of our borrowers, and it has saved me a lot of time.
Pros1. interacts easily w/ QuickBooks 2. allows me to send borrower statements directly from TLO 3. much easier to produce payoff demands
Cons1. if it embedded a bit different calendar/reminder platform, that would add a lot of value to me. I separately run "Remind Me," but this isn't a big deal. 2. annual cost for software support and for upgrades seems high. Now that I know how to use it, I am guessing I won't call in more than twice a year. 3. I would love to be able to use TLO from home and my office, ie, log into the same TLO platform and use it whereever suits my schedule that day. I understand the need to prevent multiple users from sharing the same license, but I am a one-man shop and there has to be a way to do this.
Recommendations to other buyersI am very pleased w/ the TLO product, it has really upgraded how I run my business. The initial setup was a pain, but once I got through that - thanks largely to to the help of Ramiro - smooth sailing!
September 13, 2016
Bonny C.
Manager, Finance & Operations
September 23, 2016

“Glad we made the switch!”

OverallWe have been very happy with our installation of TLO. The support from Wyatt Gilbert, Ramiro Ruiz and JoAnn was fantastic. They answered endless questions while we were making our decision, and supported us every step of the way during implementation. Our processes are much more efficient, our information on files is more consistent and easier for staff to access. Since bringing TLO online, we have been able to successfully expand our territory without any added staffing expense. Loan Office was easy for staff to learn to use, and the integration with Quick Books is nearly seamless.
ProsEase of use, ability to store & organize attached files, multi user capability. The integration with Quick Books for exporting payment transactions is smooth.
ConsThe Reminders section is not as flexible, or visible as we would prefer. The custom reporting component is not user friendly, even with an experienced Crystal Reports user. We use the custom fields extensively, but find it difficult to report on those fields
Recommendations to other buyersThe software is good value for the money!
September 23, 2016
Gil V.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 2, 2016

“I couldn't be happier with this software - it does everything I need”

OverallI'm really happy with the software. It's very easy to use, very easy to learn, and I really like the technical support people - they are always very fast, courteous, and friendly. No complaints at all. I would recommend this product highly.
ProsIt's just very easy to use, and the reports and statements are very professional.
ConsI don't have any negatives at all.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend buying it if you are managing loans. It's a great product and the price is right.
September 2, 2016
Jorge T.
Manufactured Homes sales
October 23, 2018

“Great loan software”

ProsI really like that you can have separate databases for customers depending on what company you're using. The ability to edit the letters , the reports, and the price
ConsThat it doesn't integrate with an online account for the customer to view their balances and make their payments
October 23, 2018
Tamara S.
Loan Processor
September 27, 2016

“The Loan Office software is awesome!! ”

OverallI have been using The Loan Office software for several months and very pleased with it. The customer support and tech team are excellent! They are great to listen and trouble shoot any questions that I have and they follow up to make sure that my questions were resolved and everything is running smoothly. It's awesome to have everything in one place from customer & property information to printing our loan packet for closing to insurance and funding! Its very user friendly and again the tech support is fantastic! This program for our company has been a great assist in growing our company!!
September 27, 2016
Jeffrey B.
Managert
October 15, 2018

“Supports my loan servicing very well”

ProsLearning curve was reasonable and it supports what I need done.
ConsHappy with its functionality so I have no cons
October 15, 2018
Rhonda H.
SR. Vice President

“Our small portfolio!”

OverallWe are an Asset Management firm that is currently servicing ~140 loans. This program has been great for our needs. It was easy to load all the loans and the day-to-day management/operation is very simple.
ProsThe program is very user friendly and simple to use.
ConsThere is not really anything I don't like. It serves our needs.
Carlos S.
October 24, 2018

“Best option in the market.”

OverallBefore using Loan Office we tried 2 diferent softwares. Loan Office makes our operation better.
ProsIt is a very complete and easy to use software. The platform is very friendly.
ConsNo comments. Our team feels comfortable using it.
Pam R.
Financial Manager
October 16, 2018

“Loan Office Review”

OverallOverall I have really enjoyed using the Loan Office. This is the first time I have ever used a program like this. It is fun!
ProsEase of use. User friendly. It seems to do the work for you.
ConsNot being able to process a report that I needed.
October 16, 2018
Marjorie H.
September 26, 2016

“First Caribbean based user”

OverallWe are a small company based in the Caribbean that gives personal micro loans. The Loan Office is very cost effective and with the link to QB it's the perfect software for us. Whenever we have a problem we just e-mail our questions and our friendly and always helpful customer supporter will either call us or email us in the stipulated time frame. We love how we can process the payments and keep track of the delinquent borrowers. We are very pleased with the software and it helps us achieve our business goals.
ProsWhen you have a company that gives loans the most important part in the whole process is the collection. We are pleased with the borrower late report. It gives us an update daily, so we know exactly who is late with its payment.
ConsWe haven't been using the software that long so we exactly know what does not please us.
Recommendations to other buyersNot for the time being.
September 26, 2016
Tari R.
Financial Services Specialist II
Government Administration, 51-200 employees

“The Loan Office Review”

OverallThe benefits for me is having the ability to track insurance, property taxes, and occupancy requirements. I can easily keep on top of who I need to contact by running a report.
ProsThe loan monitoring tools, payment statements, reports and the techs who contact me from support have been very knowledgeable and helpful.
ConsI need to call and leave a message for support and wait for a call back.
Beth S.
Investment Accountant
Insurance, 201-500 employees
October 5, 2018

“Easy to use and affordable”

OverallWe only have a small number of mortgage loans that we service and this software was extremely affordable and a lot easier to use than our previous software or others that we found in our research.
ProsThis software is very easy to use and intuitive. If help is needed The Loan Office Users Guide is very helpful.
ConsThere is no easy to use custom reporting feature, however we were told that up-front.
October 5, 2018
Kelly M.
Member
January 27, 2015

“Great flexibility”

OverallI love the flexibility the Loan Office gives me. I make community development micro business loans. I can configure a loan with multiple payback features - initial term of interest only, fixed payments, remainder amortized, balloon payments, etc... and be able to produce an accurate repayment schedule for the closing. I can email statements from right inside the program, which is handy. The reports and notices are a pain to customize (in MS Word), but that is my only complaint. My portfolio is very small, so I generally do personalized collections notices anyway. The ability to only have one funder per loan is not a problem since LLC all investments are pooled and member returns are figured on the entire portfolio, not per loan. We could also service a specific loan for an LLC member if they wished to invest outside of the pool, but we haven't done this yet. The customer service/ tech support guys are very helpful and have promptly addressed any difficulties I've sent their way. I used another, less expensive program, for about ten years, but the flexibility to create loan terms that work for my borrowers makes the additional cost very worthwhile.
January 27, 2015
Michelle S.
Director of Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2016

“The Loan Office, User Friendly”

OverallWe were in the market to change our loan software. We did internet searches and found The Loan Office. We received great service from the start with the webinar introducing the product. Everything was very clear, and there was a time devoted to answer our questions.
ProsIt is very user friendly, and we can now access reports better than the previous software.
ConsThus far I do not have any negative responses.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is definitely worth finding out if it fits your lending needs. We are very glad we did!
Brenda E.
Portfolio Manager
July 15, 2015

“Excellent product and well worth the money”

OverallI just want to let you know how much this program has improved my bookkeeping. I have been managing approximately 15 owner financed homes for the last 4 years. The company was losing on so much interest and late fees by keeping it manually. When I previewed this program, I knew that this would help a bunch. It not only keeps my records but it also shows the Lender his investment and his monthly interest that he is making on each note. Wyatt Gilbert was so nice and helpful with the purchase of the program and all the way up to, "OMG.Wyatt I crashed my whole system, please help!!! He was always willing to help me, even while he was out of town and on weekends. Overall, I am very pleased and would definitely recommend this program to anyone who carries and services notes. Excellent product and well worth the money.
July 15, 2015
Michael L.
February 25, 2016

“I was Hesitant at First...”

OverallI was hesitant at first to switch my software. My old software was outdated and lacked many features I needed to take my business to the next level. I found The Loan Office online and it looked too good to be true, Had more features than I was ever going to use. I contacted Wyatt Gilbert , he walked me through the steps and Demo. I expressed my concern about switching and that I might end up making a mistake, but Wyatt assured me that customer support was just a phone call away and not to worry. Well he was right , I got to say that Customer Service is a five star service. Didn't matter what my questions were they always had a immediate solution. These guys have it together. I would never turn back. The loan office and my company are married for life...Thank you
February 25, 2016
Amanda C.
Lending Assistant
January 9, 2018

“My small company utilizes this software to service our loan portfolio of around 30 loans. ”

OverallEase of reporting. The ability to send Payoff Letters and Borrower Payment Statements directly from the software.
ProsI like that its fairly straight forward and that we can set up templates to use when setting up new loans.
ConsIt takes a day or 2 to hear back from Customer Support. Its also complicated to set up already existing loans to the system.
January 9, 2018
Beth S.
Investment Accountant
April 1, 2015

“Cost effective and User friendly”

OverallWe needed to replace our old software that was no longer supported and expected to pay $20-$30k for an upgrade or a new system. With only 25 loans in our portfolio we were thrilled to find this cost effective solution. More importantly it is very user friendly, so given a brief "tour" of the system provided us with enough information to get us up and running. When we did have questions, the customer service has been friendly and helpful. We've been able to add our company logo to some of the reports and coupons and they look very professional. The reports offer a lot of flexibility and there are many other excellent features in the system.
April 1, 2015
Teresa M.
Servicing Manager
January 23, 2015

“Fabulous!”

OverallI have used many servicing systems and the Loan Office is absolutely the best for our needs! The development of this cutting edge software was well thought out and is very easy to use. The reporting is wonderful, there are more bells and whistles than I can name and all of this is out of the box! The statements, letters and reports are very professional and look great! The only con to the software would be escrow limitations, but in the big picture, it sets the standard for every other need. The sales team and support really know this software, which is most helpful. I highly recommend the Loan Office .it does not disappoint!!
January 23, 2015
Judy H.
Bookkeeper
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2016

“This software is a wonderful upgrade from previous software we used. ”

OverallThere's a learning curve, of course, but it's basically been easy to use and our "mistakes" have been correctable. We were up and running in no time.
ProsThe ease of navigating the fields.
ConsThe help sections could be a bit more specific (for us newbies)
September 6, 2016
Banking, 201-500 employees
March 29, 2019

“Good loan management software for small business”

ProsLoan Office is really helpful for servicing and management that offers integration with QuickBooks and is really easy to integrate with existing reports. It has a great user interface and customization features depending on users. Overall would recommend for any small business that needs an affordable options.
ConsIt really has no major flaws considering it is geared toward small users that don't typically need sophisticated features.
March 29, 2019
Toni K.
Credit/A/R
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
September 21, 2016

“Equipment purchases - Loan ”

OverallWe are still getting use to the software. I have a new supervisor on board who is reviewing the equipment program at this time. We may decide to remove the old items and get on board/better handle with new items coming in year 2017
Prosreporting
Consnot understanding one section of loan program
Recommendations to other buyerswould be nice to offer as part of your package a person to come to facility for full days training of program then would be easier to recommend once fully understand to other companies.
Steve S.
Workout Specialist/Office manager
1-10 employees

“I'd buy it again”

OverallSo far so good. Compared to the previous servicing software I've used, The Loan Office is lightyears ahead.
ProsOrganization, User friendly, personalization, etc
Tom S.
Vice-President of Finance
March 13, 2015

“Great software & support!”

OverallWe are a very small non-profit with a limited budget. The Loan Office was the perfect solution for our organization. It is excellent software that completely meets our needs and is very affordable. It has features that are light-years ahead of the software that we had been using previously. The software support is also great. Any questions that I had were quickly addressed, as were any problems that we encountered. I would definitely recommend The Loan Office.
March 13, 2015
ANNA E.
finance manager
May 21, 2015

“the program is very user friendly, and makes sense, never frusterated with the many functions”

Overallpros- the ease of understanding, I had about half hour training, then set free, if and when I have questions, the support team is very helpful, one time in particular , Ramano, I think was his name, was so very patient with me, on several clean up issues I needed help with. I was so amazed how he helped me, and did not treat me like the dummy with computer I really am.
May 21, 2015
Darlene S.
Accounting Coordinator
February 27, 2015

“Outstanding Software!”

OverallTLO is the perfect accounting software for our business. I have contacted customer service numerous times. Each time they are quick to respond and spot-on with solutions or directions to accurate procedures that capture / post pertinent information. I recently attended the 2 day seminar, which was packed with vital information and presentations. Rik is a very good instructor.
February 27, 2015
Philip S.
August 4, 2015

“Great Software...Small Learning Curve but Great Customer Service”

OverallThis software does everything I need to help me run my small business servicing various loans. The software is about as user-friendly as can be, given the different things it can handle, but anytime I have trouble, a quick phone call with customer service helps me figure out what I was trying to do.
August 4, 2015
Sue H.
Office Manager (until TLO takes over)
October 20, 2015

“Makes our office ALMOST human obsolete. ”

OverallSpread sheets are very easy to read. Extremely user friendly. Love that the" Demand for Payoff" is in a format even our customers understand. (Our customer don't understand very much) Love the various reports it is able to computate.
October 20, 2015
Edward P.
July 10, 2015

“Great Software”

OverallWe tried all of the major servicing software out there and The Loan office was by far the easiest and most efficient program available. No matter if you service a small or large portfolio it allows for you to manage your loans with ease.
July 10, 2015
Kathleen C.
Director of Operations
March 16, 2015

“The Loan Office”

OverallThe Loan Office is an efficient loan servicing software that is easy to use. If I ever have any questions regarding the software, I can talk to a live person immediately, who is always able to answer my questions.
March 16, 2015
Tyler D.
February 14, 2017

“Great Program. Inexpensive Price ”

OverallWe needed an affordable program that we could use as our company grows and The Loan Office was very affordable especially for the capabilities it offers.
February 14, 2017
Susan T.
Controller
March 19, 2015

“Very user friendly and meets all our needs”

OverallWe have just implemented The Loan Office software and are very happy with it's ease of use and reporting capabilities. The knowledgeable and pleasant support staff have been a pleasure to work with.
March 19, 2015
Jeremy G.
June 2, 2015

“Great Software”

OverallWe have been using loan office for about 3 months now. It has been a great experience. Tech support has been very helpful.
June 2, 2015
Sazzadun Nabi S.
August 8, 2018

August 8, 2018
Dustin E.
June 1, 2015

“Great customer service”

OverallThe product is great, and the employees are all very helpful
June 1, 2015
Michael S.
Pres.
April 10, 2015

“Excellent software ”

OverallGreat program Prompt courteous and efficient technical support
April 10, 2015
Shubham B.
Admin
Banking, 10,001+ employees
June 29, 2019

“Essy use full App ”

ProsBecause this is very smart & use full software .
Consthis is ver smart & normal process for claim .
June 29, 2019
Cheryl K.
Accountant
September 1, 2016

“Great product”

OverallThis was fairly easy to learn for someone with no lending experience. Customer service is excellent and ready to help whenever I needed it. After our first 10 loans, I now feel comfortable knowing that I can quickly process new loans and have the support for whatever situation arises.
ProsEase of use and quick learning curve. The software provides all the reports necessary in a quick and easy format.
ConsNone