Future POS Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About Future POS

Future POS has been running high volume restaurants for over 19 years. Our rock solid POS is based on Microsoft SQL for speed and reliability. We can run anything from a 1 terminal site to a 72 terminal stadium. Future POS regularly wins industry awards, including the RSPA vendor of excellence award 9 of the last 11 years. We have also been recognized as one of the top 5 hospitality POS packages in an independent survey done by Northcoast Research. Learn more about Future POS

Maria K.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
June 10, 2019

“Don't buy”

ProsThat they have 24 hr service to fix simple issues or changes
ConsSystems constantly freeze up. Systems run slow. Buckle up as soon as you have a busy night. Constant glitches whether it's the screens going blank or amount from checks disappear. Certain functions that I've requested to look into because they make no sense the way they perform and you'll get the answer, we'll escalate it to Future and then you never hear back about it. Always have to follow up with help requests from my "client relationship manager" and basically stalk him to get an answer. And they never make appointments to check up on you every few months as they tell you when you sign up to "make sure you're getting a return on your investment" I definitely lost on this investment.

By Future POS on June 11, 2019
Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our software. Could you please provide an email address or phone number so we can contact you directly? You can go to FuturePOS.com and click on CONTACT. Please leave Offsides - Capterra in the subject line.
June 10, 2019
Christopher F.
Wholesaler
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“The restaurant I used to manage used Future POS for years and it always worked great!”

OverallAbility to track restaurant transactions, run reports, balance at the end of shifts, etc. Smooth system that is easy for all employees to learn regardless of their position within the restaurant.
ProsEasy to use and more importantly, easy to teach new staff how to use. Can easily organize menu items by category and color making it simple to find your selections during the busiest of nights. Rarely did the system crash on us and it always helped me balance the registers at the end of the night from the days transactions.
ConsThe overall performance of Future POS was smooth, but like I said it did run a bit slow at times. This rarely happened, but that speaks volumes if this was the only negative comment I had!
December 12, 2017
Biotechnology, 5001-10,000 employees
June 24, 2019

“Future POS”

OverallOverall it is a good product for the price, however it leaves a lot to still be desired.
ProsI like the fantastic customer service support and the quickness of the system itself.
ConsWhen using the software it categorizes different sections too thoroughly. There should be an ability to quickly get to what you need and that's just not available.
June 24, 2019
Brandon W.
August 18, 2017

“Future POS - Finally A Real POS Company!!”

ProsThe software has full customization, very easy to use. The updates are constantly revolving and now we have access to EMV payment through the POS
ConsIt allows us to do everything we want but the Online Ordering Graphics would be the one thing they could use improvement on but it still has direct integration so no real complaints
August 18, 2017
Ashley P.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
June 2, 2019

“POS of New England/Future POS Maine”

OverallAfter 45 years in business, we know restaurant POS systems. The Maine franchise of Future POS is the most unprofessional and incompetent company we've ever done business with.
ProsThere is nothing we like about this system.
ConsThe service and support is horrendous. After a full year of using this system, it still does not charge sales tax correctly, the reporting is awful, and menu items charge different prices on different checks. The Future POS support can't or won't figure out why. When we notified Future POS that we could not continue with them and would be switching to PosiTouch, they deleted all of our gift card sales information from the previous year out of spite.

By Future POS on June 7, 2019
Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our software. Could you please provide an email address or phone number so we can contact you directly? You can go to FuturePOS.com and click on CONTACT. Please leave Allisson's Restaurant - Capterra in the subject line.
June 2, 2019
Sheila N.
Director of Training and Guest Services
March 2, 2016

“Future POS”

Overall Future POS has been our system of choice for over a decade at our multi faceted concept restaurants. The adaptability with user friendly menu labeling, easily allows our staff to become familiar quickly with locating items from our menu based upon their category of the customers dining experience. During training this is key in developing customer service with efficiency as well as having the capabilities to prompt the user with the proper functions based on the requirements of the particular items. Once a staff is familiar with the program it becomes second nature to process an order, thereby giving true customer service a genuine expedited experience. Also, as a managerial tool, we have been able to track sales for items that sell exceedingly well versus the items that no longer seem to move as frequently. This has become a tool in menu management and helps us when changes need to be made. The overall program helps to utilize many different reports that can assist managers with multiple tracking needs, including payroll, sales, theft prevention and loss. Their tech support can be rated second to none, offering personal support for growth and development.
March 2, 2016
WILLIAM G.
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
September 21, 2018

“Definitely not a Full Service Restaurant system”

OverallTerrible system ..I'm a small business owner with only two restaurants and cannot believe that I've got myself into a financial situation as bad as this. I'm in the fourth month and still cannot do simple restaurant functions and can not get any help from the company. The hardware they sold me is unreliable to the extent it requires 10 to 20 restarts a day and at least 5/10 service calls a day. Our U.S. Foods representative recommended this company, and out of the trust for them I went with Future..One of the worst business decisions I have ever made.
ProsLocal Sales team and Service Techs are great
ConsThis is the most difficult system from front of house usage including order entering and check closing I've experienced in 30 years in the industry. Its almost impossible to create new menu items without calling tech support and the reliability of the system is poor at best. Count on calling the support team at least 5 times a day and making excuses everyday to try and keep management, staff, and customers on your side while using such a below average piece of equipment
September 21, 2018
JACOB S.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2018

“Did not work out for us”

OverallThis may be a good system, there is definitely potential once all the kinks are worked out and sales people know what they are talking about before you sign a contract with them and it turns out not true.
ProsAlthough confusing, you have a lot of functionality with this system.
ConsVery difficult to learn the system. The back end reports were terrible from what I am use to. I was told that you would have remote access to the back end of the house, but that was a lie. You can remote into the back of the house but you have to be on the same network, which makes it pointless. The sales director said the guy who told me that didn't know so it wasn't his fault. So he inadvertently lied to get me to sign on and when I found out it doesn't do what he said it was my fault and can't get out of contract. I travel a lot so this feature was very important to me. The system is also supposed to work offline if you lost internet connection, but it didn't for me. In the few times we used it, it crashed twice and lost the open checks on the computer. This made us loose hundreds if not over a thousand dollars in sales because employees had to revert to old system and go off memory and provide discounts because of the wait.
September 11, 2018
Michael P.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2017

“We have had nothing but problems with this system. Support is poorly trained and unavailable at time”

OverallNone at all
ProsNot Much to like about it. Constantly going down. Support is usually new hires that do not understand system especially on non business hours.
ConsConstant issues with credit card service. System very unreliable. We have had both kitchen printer and receipt printer fail within the first seven months. purchased additional camera sytem that has not worked properly to date.
August 1, 2017
Lori C.
March 8, 2016

“Excellent Customer Service”

OverallI've been with FPOS, since the start-up of my business in 2008. They are the only POS system I've known, so I don't have any other brand to compare them to. But, in my opinion it's not the equipment that keeps me with them, although I find it easy to use.... It's the CUSTOMER SERVICE! Carissa is FANTASTIC !!! She is always there when I need her and I know that even if she's on an installation, I can count on the other technical staff for their support. They are knowledgeable, quick, friendly and always go the extra mile. No matter how great the equipment...without excellent people behind it...it's worthless.
March 8, 2016
Roy (Sonny) R.
February 6, 2015

“Future POS Review”

OverallI have found Future POS to be the best. I use it in my Pizza Shops and I love it. The most important thing to remember about any POS is it giving you a Return On Investment. With all the tools that Future POS has I have to say ABSOLUTLY. When I am not working in the store and one of my managers Comps a meal or does a Paid out I immediately get a text to my phone letting me know who did it, how much, and why. I also get my reports and payroll emailed to me. The tracking of items and modifier are the best. I know that I am getting paid for every item rung up for the price I want to sell it for.
February 6, 2015
Armando and Angela N.
Owners
March 4, 2016

“POS system in Mexican Restaurant ”

OverallWe have used Future POS since 2008 and have been very pleased with both the system and the company. The system is easy to use, generates reports in a number of different ways and options, and the staff always responds quickly if we have an issue or need assistance. We would recommend Future POS to anyone who is looking at using a POS system in their restaurant or business.
Curt R.
March 3, 2016

“If you have a restaurant, this is the ONLY software you need.”

OverallHave been using FPOS for over 15 years. No problems. Excellent back end interface allowing for almost limitless possibilities on the front end. Have had many updates, with no issues at all. The reporting, inventory, security and overall back end goes way beyond what most end users will ever need, all while keeping simplicity a high point. Thanks FPOS for making my job easier.
Bertrand A.
Chef/Owner

“Satisfied!”

OverallI will have to say that this software is perfect for me. I have been using it for awhile now and I really like it. It has so many great features, very easy to use, customer service is very reliable. I took their maintenance program for peace of mind and I am glad I did! Always a phone call away! Great job Future POS!
Renee I.
Business Manager

“Excellent!!”

OverallHave always had a great experience with this software. It is very user friendly, and training new staff is a breeze. I have always had great support from the Future POS team, from sales to technical. They have actually adapted the software to work for all areas of our business (not just for food & beverage).
Lisa L.
April 1, 2017

“Terrible Customer Service”

OverallI am switching from this system as soon as possible. The customer service is terrible and the system consistently fails during busy times.
April 1, 2017