PayWhirl Recurring Payments Ratings

Overall

About PayWhirl Recurring Payments

PayWhirl makes it easy to manage recurring payments. It eliminates the development typically required to allow customers to purchase subscriptions & manage their own accounts on your website. Anyone with an existing website can setup PayWhirl widgets in just a few minutes and start collecting recurring payments immediately, whereas with custom development, it can take months to fully develop a billing system. Learn more about PayWhirl Recurring Payments

Christine G.
Retail, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 23, 2019

“Couldn't be happier with a FANTASTIC product!! ”

OverallI used to use ClickFunnels because it was the only service I was aware of that you could do order form bumps on (upsells) but EVERYTHING has to be set up one by one on Click funnels all the way from the customer receiving a receipt of payment etc. There is no member portal where the customers can manage their subscriptions and PayWhirl has the most amazing customer portal that I just embedded to my site. It works seamlessly!
ProsWOW! I am blown away at the functionality and how easy it is to use this software! It is the best recurring payment setup for subscription boxes as it allows UPSELL items to be added when the customer is checking out! I set up my entire account in one evening that included the sub boxes and upsell items. The next morning I had a few simple questions and got on the chat with the rep who answered my questions right away! The solutions to my problems were as easy as I had the wrong boxes checked which probably wouldn't have happened if I had taken time to watch their step by step set up videos. I couldn't be happier about this entire service and its worth the extra you pay for it!
ConsThe only problem Im still having is setting up my email address to send email from. The SMPT settings can be tricky, but this is NOT something that is wrong on PayWhirls end! It needs to be troubleshooted from my servers end.

By PayWhirl on April 29, 2019
Thank you so much for the kind words Christine. If there is anything else we can do to help along the way, please let us know!
April 23, 2019
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2019

“Recurring Memberships Best Pricing”

OverallExcellent. I once had an issue with a large payment. It was a test payment, but it went through for real. They asked me when I wanted the transaction reversed. I explained what happened. They reversed it without any further questions.
ProsPayWhirl has the best pricing model: the most features for the lowest price. Plus, it works. It's easy to use. And, the support is good. It's not realtime, per my model, but it's sufficient.
ConsI'd like a little more WYSIWUGy in terms of the preformatted widgets. I'd like to tweak the layout a little. I don't have the time & resources to edit the code, so I use it out of the box. It works just fine as is, but I'd like to fiddle with it.

By PayWhirl on February 11, 2019
Thank you so much for the feedback! Im glad to hear you think we have the best pricing options. :) I will add a note to look into our WYSIWYG functionality to see if we can make any improvements. Best, The PayWhirl Team
January 15, 2019
Jane F.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
December 20, 2017

“Best Paywall out there”

ProsThe interface is easy and it gets better monthly. First of all, it is very easy to use and intuitive. Secondly, the support is 2nd to none. I've had support calls from the owner.
ConsI wish they had a few more reports that showed pending invoices for the next two months. I like to know what income I have coming in and a report (an easy to use) report would be great.

By PayWhirl on December 21, 2017
Thank you for the kind words Jane! We are working on expanding our reporting and wanted to let you know that we do offer a couple of reports that can help forecast revenue already. Our MRR report shows your scheduled revenue for the period and our growth forecast report will attempt to predict future revenue based on your current MRR, Churn and other metrics in the account. Please let us know if you have any questions, we'd be more than happy to explain in detail.
December 20, 2017
Drew G.
Managing Director
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
February 6, 2019

“Solid Subscription Management Solution”

OverallSimple, wish I had equity in the company. Fantastic solution to meet our growing subscription and billing management needs.
ProsI found PayWhirl to be extremely robust and relatively user friendly with a variety of features. The developers have thought of everything and their customer support is hyper responsive and on point.
ConsGiven the sophistication of of PayWhirl and it's all of its features and dynamic abilities, there's a small learning curve, but once you invest in yourself to learn their software, sky's the limit on what you can do with it.

By PayWhirl on February 11, 2019
Hey Drew, Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so glad we could help with your recurring payment needs. As always, please let us know if you have any questions!
February 6, 2019
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 8, 2018

“Decent solution for a Shopify shortcoming”

OverallThere are very few options to choose from to solve for this Shopify shortcoming, and I'm thankful for at least some solution!
ProsIt's great to be able to set up recurring subscriptions using Shopify, making for a better user experience. It's also great that the payment gateway is connected with Stripe so I needn't set up additional services to perform transactions. The "free" tier is very useful as I get configured, as is the knowledgebase and help articles.
ConsThe extra checkout process is a bit cumbersome. If it truly integrated with Shopify, it would be great to see the same checkout process using the same "cart" as Shopify does. As it is now, I cannot have my recurring payment items and my Shopify products go through the same checkout process.

By PayWhirl on May 11, 2018
Thanks for the kind words and feedback! Stay tuned as we are working on a deeper Shopify cart integration that should be released soon and will make it much easier to setup and integrate with the native cart.
May 8, 2018
Ben B.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2017

“PayWhirl is an easily implementable solution for recurring payments.”

OverallIt allows us to process recurring payments, a function that SquareSpace does not have.
ProsThe flexibility of Paywhirl's widgets to address unusual subscription schedules is really nice. Where solutions like Moonclerk fall woefully short, Paywhirl steps up to the task.
ConsThe look and feel of Paywhirl is a bit limited for my taste. Changing basic things like font, picture size, and color schemes is much more laborious than it out to be.
August 28, 2017
Holland H.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
August 11, 2017

“Customer support went above and beyond!”

OverallEasily charge my customers automatic recurring payments.
ProsI love that PayWhirl's customizable widgets integrate beautifully and easily with my Squarespace website. Plus, PayWhirl's customer support is incredible. This afternoon, I noticed a big space between the widget and the text that followed on my site. I assumed it was not in PayWhirl's purview but decided to ask customer service for help anyway. Customer rep. responded quickly, asking for my web url. He found the problem on my end and actually gave me code and specific instructions for how to use it to solve the problem (my website had a min form height that I needed to override)! It worked perfectly, and he even flagged my account for priority support. Pretty cool.
August 11, 2017
Mark D.
July 24, 2017

“Frustrating !”

ProsIt offers subscription payments and can be inserted into pre-existing website (Wix in my case) as a HTML code. Customised questions via checkout
ConsSLOW! PayWhirl does not load quickly. Many of my customers have dropped out of checkout as either it doesn't load or they get frustrated and quit. PayWhirl tracks all this as "abandoned carts". I know from asking my customers this is the reason. I'm currently stuck with this, unless I either choose another 3rd party plug-in such as Powr ecommerce or transfer my whole site to Shopify and use ReCharge. Its so frustrating as this has potential but its not just executed well. I've spent hours playing around with it and still cant get it to work.
July 24, 2017