CharityWeb Ratings

Overall

About CharityWeb

Robust online fundraising platform for non-profits. We provide donation, registration, personal fundraising and large walk / run event tools for nonprofits of all sizes. We believe all nonprofits should be able to afford access to top quality fundraising tools with no setup fees and no yearly subscriptions. Integrated with Stripe, our service is $20 per month or free for all volunteer run organizations. Per transaction fees apply. Learn more about CharityWeb

Aaron P.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“Low cost, high service solution for MentorKids!!”

OverallMentorKids USA has been a customer of CharityWeb since 2010. The service provided by CharityWeb has always been prompt and easy to manage for recurring donations and for special events like our annual Golf Marathon. As a small nonprofit, the cost of receiving these services is always a concern. CharityWeb has been a low cost, high service option for MentorKids USA over the years. Recently, we started using SalesForce NonProfit as our Donor and volunteer management software. The customer service agent was able to work with the SalesForce team to export the online donations directly to SalesForce, reducing the data entry needed - especially when donation volume increased dramatically for our fundraising events and end of year giving. This included automatic setup of new accounts when the donor was not already in the SalesForce database. This summer, CharityWeb again saved us money by switching their online donation gateway to Stripe. From the accounting perspective, Stripe is much more user-friendly than the old system (Moneris/Vantiv/WorldPay). We can log into the Stripe website and see exactly which donations belong to which deposit batch, a very useful tool when donations spill past the cutoff time for the Stripe batch. Switching to Stripe also made it possible for us to accept ACH transactions - after several years of trying to set this up with Moneris/Vantiv/WorldPay.
ProsHigh value for cost. Meets our needs without breaking the bank.
ConsCustomizing a fundraising event page (event-a-thon) can be cumbersome. We always get it done but it seems to take more time than it should.
June 25, 2019
Maya B.
Development Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 28, 2018

“Affordable Price with Exceptional Customer Support”

OverallFirst and foremost, CharityWeb has one of the best customer service support you can buy. The welcome demo with technical support set me up for success; I was able to quickly learn how to navigate the system. I used CharityWeb for my organization's, Jewish Family Services, first peer to peer fundraising campaign - in this case for Giving Tuesday. I had originally set up a team (also known as event) peer-to-peer platform but as it came closer to Giving Tuesday, my organization decided to set up individual accounts. CharityWeb was able to make adjustments and saved me a lot of extra work. This is one example of how amazing their customer service was during my GT campaign. There are plenty of crowdfunding sites, but I doubt any of them has the customer support of Charity Web. I would use again and again.
Pros1. It is affordable 2. I was able to effortlessly link the software to my existing Stripe account. It is so easy that I originally thought it did it incorrectly because nothing is meant to be that easy. 3. The customer service and support is the best money can buy. I always received a response within 1 hour. They were courteous and supportive as I learned the software.
Cons1. I would have liked if I was able to personally customize my webpages a bit more. Specifically the background color and my main goal. I could email them and ask for something to be done and it would be done within one hour, but it would have been nice to do it myself. 2. I experienced a couple of technically glitches with the software itself, but I was able to email customer support and it would be resolved within a matter of minutes.
November 28, 2018
Mike D.
Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2017

“Moving to an online payment/donation system has changed the way we do business. Best decision yet!”

OverallHaving this automation has provided us with a gift of time - priceless!!
ProsWe love the fact that we can personalize and customize registration pages and thank you letters for each individual campaign and event. This feature enables us to maintain the "personal touch" without putting in the hours required to produce receipts and acknowledgement notes. Our growth in online donations and registrations has been spectacular!!
ConsIt would be great if the software could be more "hands on" with option choices for gathering information.
June 21, 2017
Sue B.
February 28, 2017

“Great Software/website”

OverallWe have been using Charity Web for years and it works out great for our Walks which attract about 3,000 walkers every year. They are very receptive to our ideas to enhance the program, and are so easy to work with on fixing any issues that may arise. Plus, the price is more than competitive.
ProsIt can be tailored in many ways to our specific needs.
February 28, 2017
Lynnee B.
Program Officer
June 9, 2017

“The only affordable product we could find to accept online donations for multiple funds.”

OverallAbility to direct online donations to different funds.
ProsThis software allows us to accept online donations for multiple funds in our small Community Foundation. So odd that this basic feature was so hard to find supported!
ConsThis software is not intuitive to develop pages in nor is it robust in design features. It "gets the job done" but without HTML or CSS knowledge it is hard to use.
June 9, 2017
Michele C.
Walkathon Chairperson
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
December 3, 2018

“Elementary school Walkathon”

OverallCharity Web offered phenomenal customer support - any time I had a question they were able to answer it right away. Charity Web also increased our revenue by $10,000 over previous years!
ProsVery easy to set up, easy for customers to use, easy for me to look at data
ConsI didn't like hand entering in all 470 students information, but the file download is coming soon and I can't wait to see how much easier it will be.
December 3, 2018
Sara M.
Office Assistant
February 15, 2018

“CharityWeb is an excellent fundraising software program! ”

OverallIt's a great program and easy to set up. Donations are quick and the process for any donor is super easy. The donation pages have an easy setup too! I was able to navigate quickly through and set up the page fast!
ProsEasy fundraising software for non-profits and small sized events. CharityWeb is affordable with the price at 20 dollars a month or free for quick smaller events. This online program is a great way to raise money online!
February 15, 2018
Dan M.
January 18, 2018

“Great Solution”

OverallJust a great addition to our existing fundraising efforts!
ProsCharityWeb was a great tool to help us increase our on-line donations. It opened up a whole new source of donations for us.
ConsJust started using the software and we are very please so far. Have not come across anything we would like added yet.
January 18, 2018
Nick S.
co-founder
January 31, 2018

“easy to use and intuitive, came across a minor bug that was acknowledged & resolved immediately. WOW”

OverallUI would benefit from cosmetic updates in the title as well as some of the drop down selections including the log on
ProsSimple function, easy use, items listed were intuitive and easy to use. Help Line Developer was able to provide custom solution for additional requirement
January 31, 2018