SherpaDesk Ratings

Overall

About SherpaDesk

SherpaDesk is a cloud-hosted professional service automation (PSA) solution that integrates core business processes into one solution. Organizations are able to track customer service issues, capture billable & nonbillable time and monitor all of their project's profitability. SherpaDesk's mobile application is the perfect solution for any organizations who have techs in the field and need log their time and expenses. Learn more about SherpaDesk

Peter W.
Web Developer
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
November 29, 2018

“Brilliant ticket management system”

ProsSherpaDesk offers functionality we just didn't have with our old call management system. Being able to easily pass tickets across to other groups within the University, providing any relevant documents is in-valuable. Never once have we had a problem with attachments, or any other information, getting lost in the ether like our old provider did. Instead, SherpaDesk has been 100% reliable and secure. SherpaDesk is updated regularly, ensuring any bugs or security issues are patched out ASAP.
ConsThe main, if only, negative I have for SherpaDesk is getting to grips with the system. It was a rather a big learning curve coming from a much simpler system. The user-interface looks very nice, but navigating it as a newcomer, and even an experienced user, can be troublesome. Trying to understand weeks, sometimes months, of previous emails and correspondence can be confusing. But this seems to be a problem all ticket management applications suffer.
November 29, 2018
Doug N.
September 18, 2017

“SherpaDesk is the most economical and effective ticketing solution that we've ever used.”

OverallWe transitioned from the BigWeb Apps, so it took a little time to learn how to effectively use SherpaDesk.
ProsSherpaDesk is adaptable for all users and groups of users. It's simple to enter, update, work on and close a ticket, and assets can be attached to a ticket. It's all web-based, so there is no client, so it's very device agnostic. The reports are informative and easy to generate. The process is now simpler to transfer tickets, including a feature to automatically route tickets to a user or queue.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 16, 2018

“Decent ticketing system with a lot of functionality”

ProsSeveral ways to sort and access tickets, modern interface, and overall very functional. There is also a phone app, which is a plus. Have not had a need to contact support, so I can't answer to the support quality.
ConsAs other users here, I also transitioned from BigWeb Apps (about 6 months ago), so there has been a bit of a learning curve to this one, and I'm actually still trying to learn all of it's functions. Though I like the overall modern look of SherpaDesk, I feel that BigWeb Apps was much easier to navigate. You have to click a lot more places in SherpaDesk in order to get where you're trying to go (as opposed to the simplistic interface of BigWeb Apps). This is the reason I couldn't give it a full 5 start.
March 16, 2018
John D.
July 26, 2017

“Foundation of control for our IT support business.”

Pros- Easy to use. - Great support. - Full featured with options to enable only what is needed. - Continually updated. - A pleasure to use. - Easy for end users, engineers and customers. - Was up and using in 7.6 minutes. SherpaDesk is great. It has changed the way I do business. I have tried and reviewed many different helpdesk/ticketing solutions and SherpaDesk is the best fit for us by far..
ConsI struggled to find a sensible con to post. No deal breakers. Some features need improvement (which seems to be continually happening) as they are a little rough around the edges or overly complex. During my use we found one bug and made one suggestion which were both fixed/implemented in a timely manner.
July 26, 2017
Mary C.
owner/founder
Publishing, Self-employed
April 30, 2019

“Robust Software”

OverallI really want to like this software and I think I'm going to be very pleased with it once I stick with it. However, the lack of clear "this is what you do to get started" leaves the user feeling a little overwhelmed.
ProsI like the slate of features as well as the pricing. It looks like a great solution to incorporating a help desk as well as time tracking/invoice and will replace two different software solutions.
ConsIt is not intuitive to setup and the help guides could use improvement. I am going to have to dig in to fully use the software, and having only "setup videos" hampers those with limited internet options such as rural customers.

By SherpaDesk on May 1, 2019
Thanks for checking us out Mary! We are working on getting more self help articles out along with some more setup videos. The system has changed a lot over the last few months and some articles have already been dates. We know this is an issue for new users :( HOWEVER! Please feel free to send us questions at anytime to support@sherpadesk.com. We are quick to get back with you. You can also sign up for our weekly demo and talk directly with a product specialist on any questions you may have https://www.sherpadesk.com/book-a-demo
April 30, 2019
Bjoern F.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2018

“Great ticketing platform without the big price tag”

Prosvery straight forward pricing model, much more competitive than the big players in the market the software has all the features we need (mostly time tracking) and can do a lot more that we don't even utilize support is very helpful and quick to respond and implement changes
Consmaybe not as flexible as some other platforms, but it also is way cheaper and so much simpler to setup and administer
November 20, 2018
Ray W.
July 2, 2018

“A simple work order system that helps keep the organization on track”

ProsThe app is a convenient way to input and keep track of work orders for the multiple buildings under our management.
ConsThere are minimal drawbacks but none of them are insurmountable.
July 2, 2018
Micah Y.
IT Director
Newspapers, 201-500 employees
May 2, 2016

“Simple, powerful ticketing”

OverallIf you're looking for a good web-based ticketing solution SherpaDesk deserves a look. It is straightforward and simple, and has been a great solution for us. If you use it for it's intended purpose, it is robust enough to do an excellent job and yet simple enough to have a very short learning curve.
ProsEasy to understand for techs; good presentation of information in dashboards; It does what it is supposed to do effectively and for a good price. You can get very good reporting and offers very credible tools to help a manager manage workflow.
ConsEnd users still have to understand the emails. Since the bulk of IT ticket work is generated by the lower end of the user base, easier to understand discussion chains would be nice. I haven't seen anyone really do it better - the time/date stamps make it easy for me, but I'm not at the low end of the user base (at least I like to think I'm not).
May 2, 2016
Brent J.
SE

“These Guys are Awesome”

OverallCavern is the largest underground Co-location Facility in the world. A few years ago our customer satisfaction survey revealed that traditional Ticketing System was an process with room to improve. Since migrating to SherpaDesk we have received A+ on our customer satisfaction results including our ticketing system. In fact, a few of our 120+ clients have decided to use it along with other Sherpa Products and each one has told me personally that they love it! Note, recommendations from me are hard to come by but the Sherpa Team has earned this one. Feel free to reach out directly with any questions. Brent Jeffries- Cavern Technologies
ProsEase of use for clients. Reporting and tracking are simple with a very small learning curve. If there is a report you are looking for, they will gladly help as they realize others may be looking for the same thing. This is a well refined SaaS solution.
ConsN/A, I don't have any complaints or areas I wish were improved.
David Y.
February 26, 2018

“Very Sharp Product with Many Easy-to-Use Features”

ProsThis product is fully-hosted, and with a very intuitive interface implementation is easy. We started with some features "turned off" so we could grow into them as we gained experience with the product and was surprised at how well it handled us using additional features on existing tickets, etc.
ConsMore flexibility in reporting would be great - a pre-bill report so you can check invoices for accuracy before creating them, for example, along with the ability to customize the invoice layout. A big item for us as a weak point is more granularity and control over what emails go out to clients. We have a number of "just get it done" clients who don't want to see progress report, awaiting response, and other interim emails that we sometimes see slipping out of the system.
February 26, 2018
Eric C.
January 29, 2018

“The best helpdesk system for education enterprises”

ProsI love how configurable Sherpadesk is. There are dozens of functions that are available within the system that can either be turned on or turned off per instance. Our organization has 2 instances (one for IT and one for Maintenance) and we are able to configure them both to include the options that make sense for that part of the organization. The ability to create tickets from an email and communicate with users via email are my favorite features within the system.
ConsI have not found any true "cons" to this system. We did encounter a couple of issues during our initial setup but Sherpadesk support (which is hands down the quickest and most professional support team I've ever worked with) was able to help us get through any of those initial hang ups.
January 29, 2018
Chris P.
March 1, 2018

“A Hidden Gem in a Sea of PSAs”

ProsIt's simplicity, speed, and responsive support. Also, it's email parser is 2nd to none, allowing us full control in creating tickets (even on the user's behalf), updating, closing, adding billable time, and more all from email - which is one less interface we need to login to! We've tried other PSA solutions and were pleasantly surprised what Sherpadesk offers.
ConsIt's only been out for 3 years, still has a few rough edges, but they come out with product updates every two weeks and we doing all the right things to mature while keeping it simple.
March 1, 2018
Michael G.
It manager
August 8, 2019

“The right ticketing system for sma businesses ”

OverallSatisfied with the product. Only wish they had phone support.
ProsThe first tech is always free. The software has some really neat email parsing functions that allow you to open a ticket, put time against it, notes, categorize and close a ticket all in one email.
ConsThe software feels a bit clunky. Coming from other ticketing systems it's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done.
August 8, 2019
Raul S.
Consultor freelancer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 12, 2018

“Great product”

ProsAll in one with ticketing, time tracking, invoicing and customer notifications
ConsAs many fields can be customized so that I can use it in other laguages then EN the main fields on emails I can't. Not a deal breaker but then....
October 12, 2018
Darryl Z.
Senior System Manager
Education Management, Unspecified
April 24, 2017

“SherpaDesk has proven to be a solid decision for our District”

ProsEasy implementation, will all the support features we needed, with an easy to use interface. The solution comes with multiple avenues you can interact with your tickets, and provide updates a crossed any platform with an internet connection. A completely cloud hosted solution, based on a subscription model. This makes it easy to manage from the IT administrative end. The support we've received thus far has been great.
ConsSo far, nothing major to note. They are making some enhancements to their reporting, which will be nice once it's made available.

By SherpaDesk on April 25, 2017
Thanks for the feedback Darryl! On the next release we will have a new visualization creator and Dashboards! Stay tuned for the next release
April 24, 2017
Christian P.
IT Consulting, Helpdesk, Security and Web Specialist
May 20, 2016

“End of a long search”

OverallWell, I'm an italian IT Tech. I need to take care of my customers, I need to track whenever they call me or send me email requests, track time spent for assistance, and so on. So I needed something super fast and easy to use real time while receiving phone calls, emails or doing remote/on-site assistance. I spent 3 months through different solutions. I actually needed just 1 seat to try, test and choose; we're a very small IT consulting agency, so a fair price is mandatory. We had our 1 seat and the full potential of the service permanently free (and we'll add more seats soon). Well, it's been easy to manage and configure from the beginning. You don't need to understand everything from time-0 to use it, you easily become familiar with everything in the first few days, tweaking the setting on your needs. It's not the most complete solution of all, but it's a perfect blend of speed/ease of use/price/flexibility for a small reality like we are.
ProsEase of use; no limited functions or super priced options; very fast; pretty flexible for customization; white-labeled; affordable price
ConsSome redundant unremovable fields in ticket classification; I really miss not being able to translate customer's GUI; Email reports customization shoud be improved to be more flexible.
May 20, 2016
Robert H.
Assistant IT Director
February 4, 2016

“Great option for keeping track of Service tickets”

OverallWe have multiple clients with multiple locations. We use SherpaDesk to keep track of open service calls, pull reports on how long it takes our employees to address the calls, how much time we're spending on the solving the problem, and billing our customers for that time.
ProsEasy to use. Easy to pull reports, excellent customer service when we have a problem.
ConsLike all cloud based apps, we're dependent on the health of the cloud. When there's an issue with the cloud architecture, we have no service. This has only happened on a few occasions.
August 13, 2018

“Solid, simple product”

ProsEase of the SherpDesk tool is appreciated. Keeping it Simple! I appreciate simplicity and not a lot of bells and whistles. I am still very new to SherpaDesk and need more time to truly assess the tool. However, I am well versed in ticketing software and simplicity is key. I appreciate that the online application has not once failed on me.
ConsBeing relatively new to SherpaDesk, I cannot state there are many cons. There are features I do not use but I expect to incorporate some features into our workload soon.
August 13, 2018
Shannon M.
October 11, 2018

“Excellent Solution for Growing MSP”

ProsFull functionality without spending hours to onboard and set up, basic needs to get an MSP off the ground and running, ability to customize as business grows, logical and functional work flow
ConsPricing plan adjusted without admin realizing but it was minimal and came with added functionality so all in all not a huge deal
October 11, 2018

“Perfect for our needs”

ProsAs a facilities department in a school district, we have many needs from transferring work order tickets, internally and externally, responding with notes and pictures and custom reporting. SherpaDesk enables all of this on both desktop and mobile versions. The customer support is amazing.
ConsWhile the reporting is robust, it is not always intuitive. It would be nice to have the non-technical names for each field. That said, once you figure it out, it works.
July 22, 2016

“Excellent”

OverallUser friendly, easy to process. No problems with software, always easy to use and process requests. Program used for IT requests. reliable system never fails.
ProsQuick and easy to use
ConsHave not experienced any Cons
July 22, 2016
Callum R.
February 5, 2016

“Sherpa Desk is a great support desk app.”

OverallI have been using Sherpa Desk for over a year to handle support requests for my membership sites. It has a very intuitive design and is very easy to learn how to use all the features. It has done a fantastic job at enabling me to handle all my members support inquiries and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a support ticket system for their business.
ProsVery easy to set up.
ConsThere is nothing that i have tried to do that it has not been capable of achieving.
September 26, 2017

“Effortless, user friendly and feature rich”

ProsThis software is very user friendly. It was easy to setup and continues to be easy to maintain. Our team has caught on quickly and we have migrated a lot of data into this puppy successfully.
ConsI hate that the tickets don't recognize urls in the body as clickable links. It's not that difficult to incorporate so I have to assume that it is considered a "security feature." If that is true, then allow us to click a checkbox to allow/deny the function.
September 26, 2017

“Sherpa Desk review”

ProsGreat to know someone knows...eases the anxiety of others :) I like sherpadesk. I believe that there is more to learn and know to really make it work for a school district. It is good to know that a request has been made and is shifted (hopefully) to the appropriate party to get the ball rolling to complete a request.
ConsNeed to know if I'm suppose to select where to send request.. but most cons have to be with user/admin side...
Recommendations to other buyersYes, give it a try!
February 5, 2016

“Support + Time Tracking = Better Communications”

OverallSherpaDesk's combination of support ticketing and time tracking has allowed us to be better communicators both internally and externally (with clients). On-boarding new employees and new customers are a breeze due to the clean interface and seamless email integration. Highly recommend!
ProsEase of use, Customer Support, Feature rich, and Price
ConsMore integrations would be nice.
Jeremy P.
IT Director
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2017

“Phenomenal Product”

ProsAffordable Reliable Intuitive Plays well with other needs (credit card processing, accounting software) ***Customer Care - SECOND TO NONE*** They actually care, seriously.
ConsWould like more features from full website integrated into the mobile application. The paradigm shift from desktop or laptop to mobile management of virtually everything, is nearing maturity.
August 16, 2017
Leslie B.
October 24, 2016

“great for keeping up with chrome depot repairs log”

OverallK-12 public school system in Oklahoma. I use this daily to keep track of tickets on what repairs are needed for our Chrome Depot. Also easy to keep track of what parts are needed for repairs. Pretty user friendly once you figure out where everything is.
Proseasy to use, nice user interface.
Consnothing, i haven't run across any yet.
Recommendations to other buyersworks great for a small operation, not sure how it would work for something bigger. We have around 3500 Chromebooks deployed in the system.
October 24, 2016
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
February 4, 2016

“Good Value for the money”

OverallFor a smaller IT department, Sherpadesk has worked out great for us. The cost is very competitive and so far the features have worked out fine. Have been using this service for 4+ years now.
ProsCloud Based Customizable features Cost
ConsTakes time to setup initially
Jorge P.
September 24, 2018

“Best help desk / ticketing solution!”

ProsFor the past few years I used several apps, but by far SherpaDesk is the best, not only is affordable but has all the features that my business needs. I Highly recommend
ConsI haven't found any issues, it takes a little time to learn and take advantaged of all the features but no problems at all.
September 24, 2018
Tom B.

“Easy to use”

ProsThere are a lot of options we haven't used yet. I don't make the final decisions but can see on your site there are many options to choose from
ConsVery user friendly, Will have to use it more for a more educated review. There are always flaws that can be fixed but to early for me to know what they are.
John G.
February 4, 2016

“SherpaDesk has greatly improved our user support”

OverallWe have been using SherpaDesk for almost a year and are pleased with the ease and flexibility of the system. It is a very good value for the money and we are able to track support requests, projects, users, and inventory. Configuration was simple and the interface is intuitive.
Prosease of use; ability to customize/fit our organization; simple/clean interface; cost; customer service and support; responsiveness; uptime
Jessie W.

“Great Service!”

OverallWe have used Sherpa Desk for a few years now and the transition has been seamless. The company holds its self to a high standard that they continuously achieve. The customer interface is easy to use and teach to our employees and easy to use on the technician side. The company continues to make us happy with our decision to go with them
ProsThe user interface on the technical side is clean and uncluttered. The direction speaks for its self. The user interface on the employee side is easy an unencumbered.
ConsWe have not found anything that we really don't like. It is even easy to use on other platforms
February 13, 2016

“Great for small IT service provider.”

OverallSherpaDesk has is a great tool for small IT service provider. Ticketing, comments and time logging works seamlessly and our customer happiness has grown after we started to use SherpaDesk. Guys at BigWegApps listens our needs and they have done several improvements for us.
ProsUI, Comments include time logging, email parsing.
ConsReporting needs improvement - customer portal could include reporting.
February 13, 2016
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
August 1, 2016

“Daily Use”

OverallHelpful tool, so far pretty easy to use. I have only been using SherpaDesk for about 2 1/2 weeks but it has been pretty easy to pickup and helpful with keeping track of things.
ProsEasy, helpful, informative
ConsNone that I can think of.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try and see what you think.
August 1, 2016
Kristal D.
February 11, 2016

“SherpaDesk makes life easier for school teachers.”

OverallWe have just started using SherpaDesk this school year for both maintenance and technology requests and it has made such a big difference. Teachers can quickly enter requests as soon as the need arises instead of having to track someone down during their planning periods. Makes for much faster response times.
ProsSuper convenient and efficient!
February 23, 2018

“Easy and manageable”

ProsQuick learning curve. Matter of minutes to get comfortable where everything you need to access is. Highy recommended for anyone needing a ticketing system.
February 23, 2018
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
November 16, 2016

“Great app”

OverallGreat organizational tool. Makes putting work tickets in much easier. Response time from the people responsible has been much more prompt. I no longer have to put in tickets for those around me. They are able to do it easily themselves.
November 16, 2016
Greg M.
June 14, 2016

“Solid App”

OverallGreat app, so far it works well for our organization. It is easy to use and i haven't experienced any issues. Works well for our properties and our IT team
ProsEasy to use and create tickets
ConsIf using the web version on mobile the ticket system doesn't fit the screen correctly.
June 14, 2016
Hospitality, 201-500 employees

“Great Help desk system”

OverallNever had any problems with it, simple and easy and keeps track of all my tickets, has everything I need to do my job. Support is responsive when something is down, and is quick to get things resolved.
ProsEasy to use, keeps track of everything for you, notifications
Consnone, I can't find any cons with it
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
March 13, 2018

“Great helpdesk”

ProsGreat product that goes from ticket to invoice to money in my pocket. Added value I can do all this on site from the app on my phone.
March 13, 2018
Jennifer W.
STA
Human Resources, 11-50 employees

“Sherpa Desk APP”

OverallEasy to use especially when traveling from school to school for tech repairs. Great for documenting notes and communicating with staff regarding technical difficulties.
ProsEasy features to see tickets.
ConsDoesn't time out. Always stays logged in.
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
February 11, 2016

“SherpaDesk makes it easy to receive the technical support I need”

OverallMy school district implemented SherpaDesk this year in order to handle the requests of many schools at once. I receive instant confirmation of my requests, and the support form is very easy to use. We have had no issues at all with the app!
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
February 8, 2016

“Intuitive and Effective”

OverallWe use Sherpadesk for our campus helpdesk software. It was a welcome upgrade from our previous system and has greatly improved our office efficiency. It is far easier to keep track of individual tickets and assignments as well as easily denote who is responsible for what. It is helping prevent any tickets from falling through the cracks. As a user, the software is convenient and intuitive. It just makes sense and is easy to navigate through the tickets. It is easily customized and we have it set up to effectively meet our needs.
ProsClear interface, plenty of customization, effective at task management
ConsLoad time for viewing tickets can be slower than it should be
February 8, 2016
Leonard L.
January 31, 2017

January 31, 2017
Elayna H.

“Super Helpful”

OverallSherpaDesk is incredibly easy to use and just customizable enough to get the most out of the app. But not overboard so you're swimming in details. The user-friendly appearance is great for internal and external users alike!
ProsEasy to use - customizable - simple initial setup - helpful and speedy customer service - low price
Kendall S.

“Ticketing done right!”

OverallSherpaDesk has been fabulous from the start! From testing out their solution to implementing within our state-wide School District, the process couldn't have been easier! Our schools would often reach out via email to one of us, and then send a separate email to another one of us, and before we know it, the whole department is working on one school's issue. While this wouldn't be terrible if we only had one school in the District, we've got 32! Everything has been put together where it just makes sense! Convenience in a snap! Almost everything is customizable and is super simple!
Thomas L.

May 4, 2017

May 4, 2017
Dallas D.
December 13, 2017

“Interested, then intrigued, then amazed.”

ProsFlexibility and complexities; allows multi-client, multi-organization, multi-contractor tracking with accounting.
ConsDidn't allow multiple taxes for invoicing. Didn't allow knowledge base to organization relationships; I want to assign specific knowledge articles to specific organizations; one or many.
December 13, 2017