BirdDogHR Ratings

Overall

About BirdDogHR

With the BirdDogHR HRIS, employees and managers have 24/7 access to critical information like benefits selections, payroll, time off requests, PTO accruals and more. Administrators can create custom workflows to manage and act on key trigger points, and can deliver online surveys to build trust among their employee base. The HRIS is the central hub for all HR functions. Learn more about BirdDogHR

Tina S.
Sr. Recruiter
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
August 14, 2017

“Applicant tracking system that saves time & money!”

OverallGreat overall system. Meets all of the Government contracting requirements. BirdDog actually pushes out updates to ensure we are compliant. Great people, great product. Customizable system is great, and allows us to use their system in different ways than initially intended.
ProsThe Customer Service at BirdDog is truly second to none. Customer Service reps are knowledgeable, friendly, and will help with whatever your needs are. They even will make enhancement recommendations on your behalf. While we were implementing the system, I made suggestions for things I wanted to see in the system as future enhancements. They implemented them very quickly! They actually ask for feedback and are always looking to improve their product. While the product isn't perfect, a company who is interested in fine tuning and keeping the customer happy is a welcome change. (We recently left a much bigger, much more expensive product that never quite worked right, and there was no desire to help us fix it.)
ConsThere very little documentation, because of how customizable the system is, however, Customer Service will gladly walk you through any issues.
August 14, 2017
David L.
HR Generalist / Staffing Specialist
January 15, 2018

“pretty easy to navigate and use.”

ProsI like the ease of the system, structure and use of the options. The options to run reports are great, the capabilities this software has to accommodate working with the construction industry is very helpful and convenient.
ConsThere has been some issues with returning back to the same page and at same state with back arrow option.. it appears everything is lost and you have to start you progress all over.. from setting up a search list or even just opening up a job list and specific employee, once you hit that back arrow you return back to the starting your process over again. ugh I also would like see the option to share applications with other entities within our company.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
We appreciate your input. We strive to make the best product available and will certainly send this along to product management.
Debby P.
Executive Assistant
January 12, 2018

“Using BirdDogHR as our primary ATS resource has saved us time and money!”

ProsIt's easy to navigate throughout the site and it's well organized. The tools are very useful and user friendly.
ConsWe've had a problem with applicants that apply through Indeed Mobile; their resumes and attachments are not always coming through. If it wasn't a known fact, then some applicants would be overlooked because they "didn't" attach their resume. However, I contact each applicant that has experience for the position they're applying for and ask them to email it to me. Then, once I get their email, I upload it for them. Doing this takes too much time; I've reported it to our account managers and they tell me its a Indeed thing.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for your comments. As you mentioned this is an "Indeed thing" so unfortunately we don't have control over it but we will continue to work with Indeed to get a resolution.
Allie B.
Construction, 1001-5000 employees

“Good and basic”

ProsOnce the decision was made to purchase the ATS module we were up and running very quickly. Our contact helped set up our first job posting and walked us through various options--customer support was great. They still check in to see how we are doing and what they can do for us. Our job postings look neat and professional. Links all worked perfectly .
ConsWould like more flexibility for our landing page for ATS. Some choices in layout or background and imbedded links or photographs or video. I'm not sure how effective the upgrades for various job boards is for us. Posting with colleges through Handshake would be nice. A little less clicking would be nice.
Samuel G.
Director of Recruitment
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
January 14, 2018

“BirdDogHR - Total package ATS ”

OverallAllowed our organization to provide front line management with acces to review candidates on daily basis.
ProsAbility for front line managers to have access and view candidates that apply. Built in Social Media sharing capability with one stop show to spread the word that our company is hiring.
Conssome managers don't have time to filter thru the candidates on a daily basis and requires HR/recruiters to do the heavy lifting in filtering for experienced candidates.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for your comments. We have functionality that may be able to help you with this. Your account manager will reach out to discuss it with you.
January 14, 2018
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees
January 9, 2018

“After a little over 1 year, we have noticeable improvements in our Recruiting efforts & management”

ProsWe are a uniquely diverse company (multiple business lines) from a business and industry standpoint. My role requires a constant change of focus when discussing employment and manpower from one industry/business to another. I have been able to create accounts for individual business lines to streamline communication, advertising, and process management for each company's recruiting and onboarding efforts.
ConsThe internal database search could be stronger. A keyword or Boolean search would be an amazing integration. Currently, you need to tag an applicant immediately with key identifiers (ie. Department name, position title, etc) or else they can easily be lost within shuffle of thousands of applicants.
Erin B.
February 23, 2017

“Great system to use for basic HRIS functions”

OverallI've never used BirdDog HR until my company decided to try it out. Initially, it was hard for me to adapt. I was able to get in contact with a team member and after receiving training on the systems capabilities and options, it had a lot offer and was pleased.
ProsIt is easy to understand how the system works.
ConsSystem is slow and times out quickly. I don't like how when I want to filter through, I don't have the option to filter open, closed or all requisitions.

By BirdDogHR on March 1, 2017
We appreciate your feedback and customer satisfaction is very important to us. We¿re actively looking into why the system may be acting slow for you, that is very concerning to us. For the time stamp, there are many areas in the system that add a time stamp, we¿d like to better understand which area you¿re referring to. Your account manager will reach out to learn more about your needs.
Anne P.
HR Generalist
November 7, 2017

“Keep Looking for a Better Solution”

OverallLook at other options. There are so many out there, many that are more integrated with an HRMS and that have responsive customer service. Consider your candidate experience as well and you'll find a better solution.
Pros*It's geared to my industry (Construction). *It's also used by several others in my industry which can help people in our industry find postings for open jobs. *They also manage some of the free boards that are specific to the construction industry. *The system does make it easy for multiple people to be informed when an application is completed.
Cons*The user experience leaves a great deal to be desired. Both for applicants and recruiters. When I used this system, I often wondered how many people abandoned the application mid-way through the process. (I was hired using this system and I was certainly not impressed by the ATS.) *The system is not very intuitive. *The system tries to rate candidates for you but we found the criteria used to be very poor. The 5-star applicants were often very poor candidates and the low scoring candidates were often a better fit. *Emails informing you of new applications are sent only once per day rather than as they happen. *When there were concerns, customer service rarely had solutions. They are not terribly responsive (except in the last few days before your contract is up for renewal).

By BirdDogHR on November 8, 2017
As a former customer we will take your feedback and perceptions under careful consideration. These concerns are very easily addressed and resolved by open communication with customer care and configuration changes to the system. We feel we endeavored to help you and meet your needs. We appreciated our multi-year business relationship with Story Construction.
November 7, 2017
Brett H.
Safety/HR
January 15, 2018

“Very helpful customer service”

ProsHaving new employees fill out their required documents through BirddogHR software ensures me they will be filled out correctly without missing important signature blocks, etc.
ConsI would like to see the application and onboarding portals work with each other more seamlessly. I find I have to jump from one to the other too often and wished it could all be done from one site.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your review and have forwarded your comments to our product team.
Bridget R.
Human Resource and Recruitment Manager
January 9, 2018

“I have had a very positive experience, and always have all question and concerns handled quickly.”

OverallThis software greatly improved the efficiency of our Recruitment and Onboarding processes, allowed a more universal experience among our multiple divisions. Improved organization, follow through and communication between candidates and hiring managers.
ProsEase of use, ability to format and customize for my specific needs, outstanding customer support and constant updates based on customer feedback.
ConsI don't have any true complaints. A few processes feel a bit cumbersome and could be made more streamlined. I would like to see an app rolled out in the near future, as it is not always the easiest to do tasks within the system from a mobile device.
Karen D.
HR Consultant
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
February 1, 2019

“Huge Timesaver!”

OverallI'm getting qualified applicants for all of my jobs. BirdDogHR makes me look good!
ProsVery intuitive ATS that allows me to post to multiple job boards at once.
ConsI primarily use the Applicant Tracking System, so I'm not familiar with the functions.

By BirdDogHR on February 7, 2019
Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to leave BirdDogHR a review. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great experience with the BirdDogHR ATS. We appreciate your business and look forward to more success to come!
February 1, 2019
Carolina D.
Supervisor
March 21, 2018

“Effective organization to potential and contracted employees.”

OverallWith this system I have automated every step of the life cycle of employees with the ease of which is an integrated, cloud-based system.
ProsWhat I like about BirdDogHR is offering me a variety of features and services to streamline the tracking of applicants and monitoring performance, and foster collaboration and participation of employees.
ConsThe downside of this software is that it does not include the module where you can plan an employee compensation.
March 21, 2018
Ann G.
January 12, 2018

“BirdDog HR was very easy to work with and they listened to us on developing the ease of use for us.”

ProsThe customer service and training have been fantastic. We can go back to our trainers whenever needed to clarify information or to ask for additional help. They are very willing to work with us and meet our needs as a Company.
ConsOne item I would say is a Con, is the system is not fully programmable to how we would exactly like it. However, our customer service reps have been great in showing us alternatives.
Danielle V.
Corporate Recruiter

“Our first ATS”

ProsExcellent Customer Service - Any time we need assistance, our Account Manager is quick to respond with a helpful answer. User Friendly - The system is very easy to navigate, of course there was a learning curve, primarily because it was our first ATS. Customizable - The more we use the ATS, the more we make it our own; emails, logos, job posting, sort and search functions, etc.
Makenna C.
Director of HR
Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees
November 17, 2016

“Works in some aspects, definitely not in others.”

OverallWe purchased the ATS, Onboarding and Talent Management modules within BirdDog. One of my biggest concerns when shopping around was trying to find a product that we could use from the time of application through review periods without a lot of extra work. Our salesman, Sean assured us that these products would work together. Upon implementation we discovered that these products in fact DO NOT speak to one another. The talent management module is essentially a completely different product. You have to enter information separately in order to add an employee to this system. And on top of that, it has way to many functions for which to choose from. If I simply want to send an evaluation I have to click through a million boxes. It's probably easier for me to take the time to email someone an evaluation then it is to click through the options. I appreciate that they were trying to be thorough, but something user friendly was more of what we were looking for. We also had trouble with the functionality in the onboarding piece. I find it frustrating that after an employee submits their paperwork, they have no access in coming back to make a change. We are a company trying to be as green as possible. When I asked what an employee should do if they need to change their w-4 deductions or direct deposit information, I was informed that we would need to print the document in order to submit it to our payroll department. This is defeating the very purpose of implementing the program. This was supposed to eliminate the need for extra paperwork. Other snags we have run into involve the reporting features within the ATS. They do not always populate after you have entered dates. We have also run into issues with scheduling. The system has sent out wrong dates and times for different interviews causing major confusion and scrambling on our end when a candidate shows up unexpectedly. We loved our implementation specialist, My rep, but are very disappointed in our salesman. There are functions we have enjoyed, but this may not be the system we were looking for.

By BirdDogHR on November 18, 2016
We appreciate your feedback about our product, service and personnel. Customer satisfaction is very important to us therefore your concerns have been escalated to multiple VPs. We¿ve also reached out to schedule a call with your team so we can put a plan in place to improve your experience.
Ben N.
Learning and OD Manager
January 15, 2018

“Good company, nice people, sometimes challenging to get them to change..small company, develops slow”

ProsAffordable and pretty easy to use. The ATS is a good product that is affordable and helps us source more easily especially for young professionals.
ConsChallenging to get change to occur at times and slow development. Software at this point is still a little clunky to navigate because of the navigation between the multiple modules as it is currently designed. BDHR has a plan to clean this up, looking forward to it.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for the review. Your input continues to be very important to us. The product team is prioritizing your feedback.
Lori P.
HR Business Partner
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
January 15, 2018

“BirdDog HR is terrific, functional, easy to use!”

ProsVery easy to maneuver around in system. Makes sense, logical! We used to use BirdDog exclusively, very successfully. A corporate decision to move to ADP prompted changes, but we still use BirdDog as our main function of BLASTING job postings out there!!! Works GREAT!! Oh and Customer Service is AWESOME!!!!
Kris L.
Human Resources Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
January 15, 2018

“Going from a paper driven manual system to fully electronic was the most difficult BDHR made it easy”

ProsIt's practical and simple to use. As a government contractor, creating the applicant log was a breeze!
ConsSome limitations force us to close open jobs and re-open the same job to correct some information, it helps that we can duplicate the job so we aren't forced to re-enter the info just correct what needs to be corrected

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for these comments. We have some ideas to share with you that will help. Your account manager will be reaching out.
Karen D.
Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2018

“BirdDogHR saves so much valuable HR time, allowing me to focus on connecting with people.”

OverallHuge timesaver.
ProsBirdDogHR is so simple to learn and easy to use. Even the Hiring Managers who are not very tech-saavy love the ATS. And if there is ever a question, the Customer Service representatives always answer the phone and are willing to assist.
Sheila B.
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2018

“BirdDog's sales, training and customer service are top-notch; ”

ProsThe software has made marketing our agency much more effective from a recruiting perspective. The experience of the recruiter, hiring managers and most importantly, the candidates, has been extremely satisfactory.
ConsI'd like to see more flexibility and robustness in the reporting functionality of the software. The out-of-the box reports aren't that useful for my needs and I'd like to be able to customize reports without having to download to Excel and manipulate data in that way.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for your comments. We have forwarded them to the product management team to review as they are looking at the roadmap.
Diane T.
Human Resources Assistant
October 8, 2019

“Ease of Use”

OverallThe ease and speed of this process has been a great assett to our department!
ProsThis software is super easy to navigate through and out applicants can complete the onboarding process in 15 minutes!
ConsOne thing that doesn't coincide with our company is that applicants are allowed to use percentages in their direct deposit and our company only uses dollar amounts.
October 8, 2019
donna a.

“good experience”

Overallgood record keeping of appicants
ProsGood record keeping- good customer service on phone- Good response time from our account manager- conference was also helpful.
ConsThere is no offer letter available online for new applicants and this is a very important feature which I know is being worked on.

By BirdDogHR on January 10, 2018
Thanks for your review. Offer letters are now available so your account manager will reach out to you to tell you more.
Laurie W.
January 12, 2018

“Birddog HR does a great job with customer service!! ”

OverallIt saves time and helps me with my recruiting efforts.
ProsI appreciate the functionality of the site that it will automatically post your jobs onto all relevant web sites. This helps save a lot of time.
ConsThe only thing that I can think of is that I wish that our ad was published with some customization instead of looking like all the other Birddog HR customers. It is not a deal breaker for me though because the pros out weigh this.

By BirdDogHR on January 15, 2018
Thanks for your comments and feedback. Your account manager will reach out with some ideas for you about how you can extend your employer brand.
Blessie T.
HR Recruiter
Human Resources, 201-500 employees
January 9, 2018

“Excellent ATS system, easy to use and learn”

OverallHas made my job a LOT easier with a ton of their features: one-click job postings to multiple sites, streamlined applications, automatic tracking, ability to send emails directly from the ATS, ability to link with calendars, audit trail of communications and documents, templates for emails and job postings, etc.
ProsMany aspect of the software can easily be customized to company needs, instant updating to website, easy organization, makes job posting a breeze with one-click posting to multiple sites. They have reports available for any tracking and reporting purposes. Their customer service and training is very hands on they are always there when you need them. All the employees I have worked with to get the system up and running have been exceptional!
ConsWish there were a few more ways to "hard code" or customize things based on our needs, but overall they are minor things.
Maureen L.
June 28, 2017

“Great product, better customer service.”

ProsEasy to use platform, aesthetically pleasing. Customer service is by far the best in the business. They are attentive and take may needs, questions and concerns seriously.
ConsHas so many features of an HRIS. Adding info about benefits and time off (PTO) management would be great.
June 28, 2017
Chad C.
HR/Benefits Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
May 4, 2017

“Good product for the price!”

ProsThis is a good product for the price, it has lots of features and is user friendly. The added integration of free job boards was one of the main reasons we selected the product and have had good results so far. Customer service is usually very fast and helpful.
ConsNot enough customization when needed. There are many times when we need a small process changed or need another option for our users but they are unable to accommodate. The dashboard and custom reporting need more work to be fully functional and customizable, errors pop up frequently or results are returned incorrectly.

By BirdDogHR on May 11, 2017
Thanks for the great review. We are glad the BirdDogHR ATS is meeting your needs. While the software isn¿t customizable because it¿s on a SaaS platform, we¿ll have your account manager reach out to see if there are additional configurations that will better match your processes.
May 4, 2017
shannon y.
HR
April 25, 2019

“BirddogHR”

ProsNice layout, organized, easy to use, many options
ConsReporting features lacking, great product overall
April 25, 2019
Linda M.
Human Resources
Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees
January 15, 2018

“It has helped us find good candidates for the job.”

OverallFinding candidates for our jobs.
ProsIt is relatively easy to post jobs and get the applicants. We have had good response in most of our locations.
ConsIt is complicated to bring other users and get attached to our websites so the jobs post there also.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for your comments. Your account manager will reach out to share some ideas that can help, We appreciate your feedback.
Shannon Y.
HR Assistant
November 21, 2017

“Outstanding Product”

ProsBirdDog HR is an outstanding product. Easy to use, great customer support, all around wonderful product.
ConsI would like to see more sorting features and reporting options. The good thing is, BirdDog HR is always listening to their customers and constantly installing updates, keeping their customers informed as well.
November 21, 2017
Kelley A.
Recruiting Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
January 27, 2016

“New User Review”

ProsThe best thing about this product is how easy it is to use and the customer service behind it when questions arise. It has been obvious that BirdDog HR takes pride in its product and the services it provides, from installation to maintenance and the overall training for the customer.
ConsWhile the posting to multiple job sites is an excellent feature it does not allow you to individually sponsor the jobs to keep them at the top of the job board (for example on indeed). The jobs can get pushed to the bottom of the job boards fairly quickly (depending on how many other positions like yours are being posted at the time) and can make recruiting for large numbers of applicants difficult. You may have to find alternative ways to recruit.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a wonderful tool for organizing and keeping up to date records of candidates. It is a great way to track all the candidates and allows you to quickly pull up past or present applications when candidates call to inquire on their status. I would highly recommend this product for how user friendly it is, how easy it is to learn, and above the support you get when issues do arise.
January 27, 2016
Brian C.
Logistics and Supply Chain, Unspecified
3.5/5
November 6, 2014

“Review For BirdDog”

ProsWe are so pleased that we have joined forces with BirdDog to fill our employment needs that we have eliminated all other forms of employment except for referrals. This product has enabled us to manage applicants more efficiently and to collaborate on each applicant if necessary.
ConsThere are so many attributes to this product that it is hard to pinpoint a "least like" that would be a significant deterrent to using this product. The vendor has made suggestions when necessary to minimize or eliminate functions that were less than perfect. Again, we have a great customer service representative, which helps cure all ills.
Recommendations to other buyersTalk to others who use the product. Make a list of the tasks you perform currently when trying to fill a position for comparison with this product. Upon complete comparison, examine whether the tasks the product offers exceed your current tasks, and for those not done by the software, examine the necessity of performing such a task.
November 6, 2014
Kenneth J.
Administrator
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“Get To Know Your People!”

ProsBirdDogHR has been a huge tool for us to really get to know our people closer. If you don't take care of your people they won't take care of your organization. This platform helps track everything you need to increase employee retention!
ConsThis really requires a team effort to load data into, which is not a bad thing. It is another opportunity to really get to know who is in your organization if you are separated from the front line!
September 27, 2018
Susan A.
Human Resource Manager
January 12, 2018

“I am a one person HR department so Birddog really helps me with recruiting efforts .”

OverallSaves me time and keeps me organized when we are recruiting for employees.
ProsBirddog is easy to use and navigate. I only use the recruiting and applicant tracking platform and it is a great solution for me.
ConsI don't really have any criticism of the Birddog HR software. It is a great tool and solution for me.
Maranna B.
Lead Recruiter

“Lead Corporate Recruiter”

ProsGreat to have all candidates in one place to manage applicants, keep documents and manage stages of hiring process.
Jim L.
Training Manager
January 9, 2018

“BirdDog does what we need it to do - and is an easy to use interface for our employees.”

OverallImproved oversight of review process, applicant tracking that works
ProsSimplicity of use - it is powerful enough to do what we need yet easy enough for our users to learn quickly.
ConsUpdating forms in reviews can be clunky - trying to move around data fields by moving one space/position at a time could be easier.

By BirdDogHR on January 10, 2018
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Your account manager will reach out to see how he can help you with the forms.
Gary R.
Human Resources Manager
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
January 15, 2018

“The system has helped us considerably in improving our applicant flow. ”

OverallParticularly poor survey methodology to require a minimum length of response. Many survey participants will chose to abandon the process rather than embellish their answers.
ProsEase of operation. Sorry this is all I actually have to say. Having a minimum number of characters is a flaw in your survey methodology.
ConsScrolling through too many screens to get the actual information I want. I particularly find it a con that when I try to take my valuable time to complete a survey, I am told that my answers are too concise. Don't ask me if you don't like my answer. Poor methodology.
Danielle B.
Talent Acquisition

“***”

OverallThe experience my company has had with BirdDog has been very up and down. At first it seemed like a dream in solving our recruiting and hiring problems, and it helped get us organized. However, lately we have had troubles with it sending wrong times to candidates and hiring managers for their interviews, which makes the company and our department particularly look unprofessional and the candidates unprepared. We have had to take extra measures to ensure that everyone is on the same page resulting in a waste of company time. This was one of the main processes we were hoping this program would streamline. Not only has this been a problem, but it remains unresolved going on two months.
ProsIt is very helpful in keeping all candidates to each job application separate and organized.
ConsViewing notes is done in two places, and cannot be linked. This does not save much time as you have to click and both are on separate screens. When we voiced our concern, they told us there was no way to change this and it is the way it is.

By BirdDogHR on November 18, 2016
Scott W.
Medical Practice, Unspecified
June 30, 2015

“BirdDogHR is a GREAT ATS!!!!!”

ProsIt was so easy to use, I got a lot of great feedback from applicants as well.
ConsNothing, this is a great product that is supported by a GREAT team!
Recommendations to other buyersNone, I found it to be seamless in implementation. As always compare against others but I have been VERY happy.
June 30, 2015
Benjamin N.
Learning and Organizational Development Manager
October 7, 2016

“New BirdDogHR LMS customer, ATS customer for 1 year”

OverallOverall, over the past year, my experience with BirdDog has been a positive one but you can tell that they are a young company and many of their modules are still in development while being operational at the same time.
ProsGood pricing even with a bundle of coursework provided. Easy to use Making updates regularly
ConsThey are young company and new to the idea of converting a company from an existing LMS to their LMS. Most of their LMS customers so far are new to having a LMS.
Recommendations to other buyersBe willing to help them develop their products, be patient.
October 7, 2016
Loretta E.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
December 10, 2014

“BirdDog Review”

ProsI like the ease of use, tracking of data and applicants, and reporting features.
ConsThere are constant product updates (which is good that the software is continuing to develop). Although when released, there seem to be a lot of new glitches that appear. It's nothing terrible, but is just noticeable. Selecting the back button does not actually bring you back to the page you were on for all web pages. Their response time to issues is good. However, the response time to actually resolve issues is less than desirable; 3-7 business days.
Recommendations to other buyersI would like to be able to sort out the requisitions as well as the list of jobs, by date or shift or some method of categorization instead of having to sort through dozens of reqs.
December 10, 2014
Victoria B.
Accounting Clerk
July 2, 2018

“I used bird dog daily when i filled in for our HR clerk while she was on maternity leave. ”

ProsI like how everything for every person is under there name and it is relatively easy to find the information that you are looking for. It was simple for me to learn how to use with only 2 days of training. Costumer service is very very quick and helpful!
ConsIt is a lot of going back and forth trying to find where things are put. It can be confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it is easy.
July 2, 2018
Jordan E.
People & Culture Manager
February 23, 2017

“Good software for the price; still needs a little work”

ProsCustomer Service, layout for candidate is easy with the drag and drop in your resume feature. Honestly, that's all I can say so for about the pros.
ConsNo SOP to try and troubleshoot or learn features on your own; I always have to email an account rep to clarify or show me how to use a feature. Talent feature is very time consuming, as you have to load everything manually into their system and there have been several bugs and glitches.

By BirdDogHR on March 1, 2017
Thanks for your feedback. Your account manager will reach out to you to see what additional training we can offer to help with any areas.
Rocio G.
Recruiting Manager
February 21, 2017

“Easy to use and good for start up”

OverallBirdDogHR is easy to use however it is a slow system. Good for basic use.
ProsEasy to use
ConsWish it would time stamp information and notes

February 21, 2017
Hussien A.
Support engineer
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
December 29, 2018

“review for BirdDogHR ”

ProsIt's user friendly and it takes very little time to learn the basics and be efficient in using it, reports and performance monitoring is great, also the fact that employees now can upload their information themselves is really great.
ConsFrom a small organization's perspective this product's functionalities has it all but pricing might make you think twice.
December 29, 2018
JAMIE N.
September 25, 2018

“Great Product with Some Quirks”

OverallWe are relatively new customers but our overall experience has been great. From our initial call to getting everything up and running to every day use, BDHR has been great to work with.
ProsIt is easy to use and in most cases is very intuitive and has a great layout.
ConsThere are a few things that are hard to find within the software. Easier access to offer letters within a candidate profile would be appreciated.
September 25, 2018
Karl B.
January 15, 2018

“Great product with matching support.”

ProsI like the ease of use, and the increased applicant flow. The ability to easily communicate with applicants and hiring managers is a plus.
ConsI think that the reports could process more quickly. I think that the Spanish application could be a button next to the 'Apply' button that is in English.

By BirdDogHR on January 19, 2018
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it. We have forwarded your feedback to our product management team.
Wholesale, 501-1000 employees
January 15, 2018

“Recruiting software that is for too difficult for others to easily use.”

OverallVery little. I don't like the software at all. It is too difficult and time consuming to manage.
ProsOnce a job is entered/posted, it is easy to repost it to other locations if needed. It is value priced so that is the reason my company uses it.
ConsDifficult for the site managers to use. It is a program built for recruiters - not the common manager. BirdDogHR will do updates that will mess up what you have established such as an application but you don't know until applicants say something. It is cumbersome and not at all easy to navigate.
Tom D.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
October 30, 2014

“One stop shop for recruiting! ”

ProsI like how everything is at your fingertips including a tracking system of how many attempts you have made in contacting them. I also like that and you can go over a résumé and call the applicant in seconds by simply clicking a button. It's very handy and makes light work of ad call screening.
ConsI haven't run into any issues as of yet. That said, I have nothing I like the least about it, because literally everything about it makes my job of recruiting easier.
Recommendations to other buyersTime yourself and see how much time it takes you to do your screening and then try this out and do the same to see if it saves time. In this world, time is money and saving your time is everything.
October 30, 2014
Katy R.
Payroll/Benefits Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2018

“Good Option for Smaller Companies”

ProsJobs automatically posted to boards, e-mail reminders to renew listings, EEO tracking, e-mail notifications for new applicants listing name and position applied for.
ConsCandidate and Jobs sections take you to different candidate summaries, confidential EEO Information listed in summary, can't send offer letters through system, not partnered with HRIS for easy on-boarding, no e-signatures. Resume/application was not attached to e-mail notification.

By BirdDogHR on March 29, 2018
BirdDogHR continuously works to enhance our talent management suite and we have implemented offer letters, e-signatures and HRIS integrations into the system. Candidate summaries are permission-based to keep EEO information confidential for non-permissioned users, which is why the job section takes different users to different candidate summaries. Additionally, links to resumes and attachments can be found at the bottom of the email notification after candidates submit their application. Warm Regards, Ann
January 18, 2018
Nicki S.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
November 16, 2015

“Look no further, this is the software you need!”

ProsOur applicants went from a 45 minute application process to 5 minutes. We are seeing more traffic than we ever had, so that is encouraging. The tool is so easy to use, but if you have any questions or concerns at all, BirdDog is only an email or a phone call away and the responsiveness and friendliness of their team is outstanding.
ConsThere is really not much I don't like and I've provided input on a few convenience items which they have taken note and hope to put in a future release.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you compare applicant tracking software, there are all going to have pretty similar functions but what sold us on BirdDog is the support after the sale and the ease of use of their software. Another reason is future add-on products such as their on boarding and performance management piece. It's a one stop shop for all your HR needs.
November 16, 2015