Gingr Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

About Gingr

Do more of what you love! User-friendly, yet robust - with advanced customization that makes it easier to run your business. GIngr helps you build your business with easy payments, online booking, automated reminders, easy marketing, time-clock, staff scheduling and more. Easy to train your staff, easy for your customers to use online. 100% mobile-friendly. Gingr has the highest security and reliability in pet care software, with A+ ratings in data security, uptime-performance and speed. Learn more about Gingr

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“An EXCELLENT Decision - Gingr Continue to Impress Me!”

OverallI love how I can keep a good eye on everything that's happening within our facility from wherever I am. With the tools in Gingr we've restructured our daycare rates and packages and have seen an overall increase of 25% in daycare revenues. It's a tighter system than the one we had before, and revenues don't fall through the cracks as with the old system. It's so easy to customize in so many ways. The manner in which they strive to add additional features and make existing ones even more usable continues to impress me. Built in communication tools are everywhere so that all the information is readily available for whoever needs access to it. It's state of the art and they strive to keep it so.
ProsThis is so much more than just a reservation and POS system. It's a very comprehensive program that facilitates excellent communication, organization, and streamlines processes. If they haven't thought of it yet, they likely will, as they continue to add features as fast as they can think of and integrate them within the program. I was skeptical at first about tech support being entirely online, and that's proven to work very well. They excel at customer service and have been very responsive to the handful of requests I've made for features. The integrated tip feature has increased employee tips tenfold to the point they're a significant contribution to our employee's paychecks.
ConsThe financials took a little getting used to, and their integration with QBO is taking awhile. I understand that though and appreciate their position of wanting to be certain they do it well. I've had experiences with other programs that integrate poorly and leave messes to clean up. It's worth waiting if it's done well. I don't like how their credit card processing rates are set up. They will match existing rates, and if we go out and look for better rates they will match the best we can find. As anyone who's ever gone shopping for credit cards knows, that is such a hassle, and I find it very disingenuous that we have to pretend to shop around in order to be offered better rates. If I'm going to go through that trouble, I will simply switch processors or divert some of my processing in another direction.
November 28, 2018
steve l.
general manager
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“Gingr from day one”

OverallOverall, it has been a positive experience and I can say that as an early adopter of the software before it was improved to where it is now. Yes, there was growing pains, but the support team helped us through every issue until we rarely need to ask for help. There is also a vibrant community on FB. What I would like that I haven't seen is a way to see how other businesses are using Gingr. Some way to snapshot other peoples' processes to see if we could improve ours.
Pros- the people behind the product are very responsive, especially the support team. Chat support has answered every question we have ever posed and on many occasions have gone above and beyond by following up with additional information and support after the initial contact - the software has a good amount of flexibility and customization to tailor it to the business rather than change business procedures to adapt to the software - frequent updates and improvements to the software - good knowledge base with lots of video reference. In fact, on many occasions the great support team has made custom videos to show me how to do something
Cons- would like a bit more flexibility in customizing reports - client portal needs a bit more work, but there is a webinar next week, so that might be improved - would also like some customization control for run cards - not sure if this is a pro or con, but there are many features that we do not use in Gingr and still have enough to run a busy business. I expect other businesses use some features we don't but not all the ones we do. Bottom line is that with that much to offer there are a lot of features you can use to adapt Gingr to your specific business needs
Barry O.
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2019

“Searching for clients, tip report”

OverallFantastic system is great to work with easy to search, everything's in front of you I love how you can put employee notes I love how we can put incident reports I love how we can upload pictures I think your is system is awesome overall I give it a big fat 10 hands down the best if I could give you better than a 10 I would please work on the tips.
ProsGinger is fantastic for searching for clients it's a great system we have now been using it for 2 years we deal with a 150 dogs on a daily basis it always run smoothly it's easy for the customers with check outs to have their cards on file was fantastic they're not fumbling for their card anymore or running outside to get their credit card there's so many good features about Ginger I'm really not sure which ones to touch bases on, I thank you guys for an awesome system. Keep up the great work Thank You for everything.
ConsThe one feature I don't like about gingr is the tips we cannot separate tips to each individual I think Ginger should have a drop down Box That has a link with groomers names, and each of the dog trainers so that at the end of the 2 week payroll we don't have to go over all the tips and figure out who gets what? If you go to one of your competitors it's called kennel suite they have that feature that works really well that is the only thing that I'm not happy with on your system other than that it is fantastic. Again thank you very much for everything and have a Happy New Year.
April 23, 2019

“Not worth the price.”

OverallAll the work and stress I put into it was not worth the product that we have now. The set up has been labor intensive and has not made things any easier than the software we were working with before. It has taken us over six months to get it up and running and have been told that there are things that our old (free) software did easily that GingR just can't do. When I reach out for support I frequently get conflicting information from different staff members. I honestly would have gone with Pet Exec if I had known.
ProsMaking boarding reservations is simple, the software keeps up with tracking vaccines, easy to add photos, returns are easy, the reports section is extensive, viewing lodgings is easy and helps for planning busy times.
ConsScheduling services can be difficult, software requires a lot of information from clients, special pricing/discounts for same family pets is very difficult, no phone assistance during set up or after, you can't adjust reservations once they're ended. Setting up took months as I am not a software designer and had no idea what I was doing. The whole time I really felt like I was on my own in setting everything up. Once we were set up there is no actual staff training - they just expect you to watch a video for everything. For the software to run the way its designed you need all teams in your business to be using computers/tablets all the time - not really ideal for people working with animals.

By Gingr on April 29, 2019
Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that the implementation process was difficult for you. We are always looking for ways to improve this process so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Would it help if we were able to hop on a phone call to go through some of your concerns? With that, hopefully we can get some of these final items ironed out so that you're able to continue being successful using our product.
April 23, 2019
Sue M.
March 27, 2018

“We can not say enough good things about Gingr! Best. Decision. Ever.!!!”

OverallSaved time and money immediately! Their customer service is outstanding! We absolutely LOVE Gingr!
ProsOur favorite part of Gingr is the ease of use along with outstanding customer service! We switched software after 8 years in business and a customer base of over 6000. It was an extremely scary thought since we were using the same software since day one. The prep did not happen in a day by any means but I will say Gingr has it laid out extremely well in a step by step "to-do list" that made it fool proof. Follow all the steps, watch and read the help articles and it will pay off when it comes time to transfer your information over. We were using not only a software that had ZERO customer support but also had limited reports and functions. Our customers LOVE that they can interact with the system, set up reservations and view their account on their own time. Every process in our day to day activities were streamlined saving us time and money immediately. Training our employees was simple and it was fun seeing how excited they were to dig deeper and explore new ways to do tasks. Our incoming phone calls have now been reduced, which was our hope, since the customers can do more on their own such as buying packages and making reservations. Lets talk ink and paper...the savings on this alone makes Gingr more then worth it. Also, the credit card system is outstanding along with the emailed report cards and receipts. I researched different software systems for 2 years and I definitely made the right choice with Gingr! If you are considering switching, look no further!
ConsI know there is usually a down side when switching software. I waited to write this review for 4 days so that I could come up with something that would be helpful to let a new potential client know if considering Gingr. We have now been using Gingr for 2 months and I can not think of one thing that I like least about this software.
March 27, 2018
Richard B.
January 10, 2019

“Wonderful Custom Software For Our Insdustry”

OverallOriginally we were a pen-and-paper business, and we were doing well. With Gingr we are able to do even better. I was surprised at how much more information we have about our clients, our business and so forth. The entire business is much more precise- we can set more accurate goals, predict more accurately our future revenue, and take reservations much further in advance. With online registration and a unified, simple way of receiving information we have been able to be more agile as well- capturing business from out-of-town clients that other daycares in the area have to pass up because they have no system of getting owners to sign agreements while they live in other states, etc. Gingr won't make or break your business, but it does make running a doggy daycare much easier, and gives you a wide suite of tools to use in order to make that happen.
ProsBeing a browser-based tool makes using Gingr easy from any device. Because we don't need to install software, our computers are now Chromebooks which are much cheaper than a full laptop. I can check on the business from my phone, when I'm at home, on vacation or even just in an inconvenient area of the building. I also really like that you can easily send out a marketing email to targeted customers within the software- no need to fuss with Mailchimp when I can just shoot an email to whichever customer group I want to target (been to see us within 6 months, hasn't been in to see us in 6 months, new clients, older clients, etc).
ConsThere can be display issues at times that are mildly annoying- menus sometimes get in the way of the other parts of the site (a not-uncommon occurrence in newer web design I've found). Not enough to cause issues though.
January 10, 2019
Tracy M.
Veterinary, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“Best Fit for our Business and so easy for staff to learn”

OverallIt's been a great experience! Definitely worth the switch. I continue t look at other software options, just to stay on top of whats out there, and nothing ever comes as closed to meeting our needs the way Gingr does. Support is very quick to respond and is always a pleasure to deal with. I tend to bother them with questions on a regular bases but they are always there to answer them!
ProsOur favorite aspect is the Multi-location set up. We have 2 locations located only 7 miles apart so we are constantly switching back and forth and handling reservations and both. The Shared database makes this so easy for our staff and clients - they can go back and forth between locations and only ever have to worry about updating their information one time.
ConsThere is very little flexibility with the invoicing set up, if an error is made, it usually needs fixed in a way that clutters the transaction list and can make it look more confusing. The software we used Prior to Gingr allowed us to make changes to a completed invoice, and those changes would then update the clients balance. For example, if we charged for an extra Peanut Butter Kong, we could go back and change the quantity, and then the clients file would reflect a credit for that amount. With Gingr, once an invoice is complete there is no making changes or adjustments. I'd prefer to be able to correct mistakes right within the invoice so it is easy to reference later.
December 5, 2018
Meredith W.
October 17, 2019

“Don't do it”

OverallI'm beyond disappointed and frustrated.
ProsUser friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.
ConsThe current owners are a credit card processing company and all they care about is cashing in on their fees. They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast. The software neglected to deduct credits off of packages for 2 days last month costing their clients thousands, anytime someone would post about this in their Facebook group it was deleted. How shady can you get?
October 17, 2019
Andy G.
April 2, 2018

“Exactly the software we were looking for.”

OverallThe software helps eliminate the hassle of managing all facets of the business, and keeps them all under one easy to use umbrella. It frees up staff time from having to field countless phone calls and answer emails. Extraordinary software that gives us confidence we aren't forgetting to feed or medicate dogs. I really can't say enough good things about this software. So glad we picked it to help us run our business.
ProsThe customization options this software allows are phenomenal. From schedules to pricing to additional services, there is a lot packed under the hood here. We love that you can use it on a desktop, tablet, or phone. The ability to do off-site private training and check in and check out, use customers credit cards on file, is perfect for our needs. Managing the day to day operations of daycare and Boarding are a snap once you learn how to navigate the software. it can be a little intimidation at first, but the more you tinker with it the more you understand how it's laid out and how it can work for you. By far the best experience so far is with the on-boarding specialist. They really take the time to walk you through the set-up phase and make sure you have the software exactly how you want it. It's good to have those calls, take advantage of them. Go in with a game plan of what you want to accomplish and they will help make it happen. From the start to finally using the software it's been a great experience. It certainly helps free up my staff to actually work with dogs and not spend all the time on the phone or answering emails. Highly recommend it.
ConsA little bit of a learning curve and it can be slightly intimidating to start, but the more you use it and get comfortable with it, it becomes second nature. Very intuitive once you get the flow of things.
April 2, 2018
Lindsay A.
February 6, 2017

“Amazing software and customer support!!”

OverallWe are a boarding, daycare and veterinary facility. Up until now, we ran our boarding and daycare off of the animal hospital's software- which was not intended for large scale boarding or daycare. But we made it work for a few years... After traveling to a boarding and daycare conference, we were introduced to GIngr. They showed us what a true "boarding and daycare software" is really like. We were quickly sold and signed on with the Gingr family while at the show. It is one of the best business decisions we have made by far! Just like any new software, it takes time to get the software set up to follow your current operating procedures and pricing and to get all of the staff trained, but that process was surprisingly very smooth! Gingr support made the set up and training process very simple. Their training videos and help tutorials are perfect and easy to follow. They also have chat support available at all times and some phone support available as well. We have only been "live" with the software for about 3 weeks, but we have already noticed how much more time our staff has! What took a ridiculous amount of time or excessive mouse-clicks on our last software is now either obsolete or can be done in a click or two with Gingr. We are also using their credit card processing as well, which we love! They have a wide range of reports to run for any purpose imaginable. In a nutshell, we are in love with Gingr all around and we are mad we did not look into new software sooner! (Or veterinary side is even jealous now about how much cooler and better our software is than theirs! )
Pros- It is customizable - Ease of daycare and boarding check-ins - Support and help is easily accessible - The fact that it is a cloud based software and I can access it at home and help staff if they are having problems - There is now a time-clock feature! - Email and SMS communication with clients - Easy training for staff - Tablet friendly - Clients can request and reserve reservations from home
Cons- I look forward to the future possibility of owners being able to edit their pet's reservations and services from home
February 6, 2017
Laurel F.
Retail, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Scaleable and Intuitive”

OverallThe free support team is great. We use them a LOT. We have been happy with out switch and hope that Gingr will continue to develop functionality in order to continuously support it's users as quickly as we are able to grow.
ProsWe switched to Gingr about a year ago from 123Pet. We had been using 123Pet since our company opened 10 years ago. Over 10 years we have expanded to 8 locations, and had begged 123Pet to keep up with our expanding company's needs. They could not. The switch to Gingr was daunting, but their customer service and support was excellent and we tackled it as a team. Gingr combines a central database, easy switching of locations in order to maximize bookings and lots of flexibility to customize how the software works to our business. They still have room to grow and functionality to develop but they are much closer to being able to support the size of our company than our previous software.
ConsThe services management component is excellent. The retail products management portion is still clunky, slow, and archaic. There are part of Gingr where you can update things for each location in one screen, but other functions (coupons, retail, pricing, etc) that you have to manage each location separately which is clunky.
April 12, 2019
Sandra E.

“Gingr saved us!”

OverallOur computer crashed and we lost almost everything! The program we were using to run our daycare, boarding, and grooming facility, was downloaded on to our computer as opposed to Gingr which is web based. We did have the other program set up to back itself up into the cloud however unfortunately the company did not set it up correctly and they basically told us there is nothing we can do to help you. So in the midst of all that panic, we were advised to take a look at Gingr. And it has been a saving grace. There has been amazing customer service and assistance throughout the entire process from researching to going "live." Our point of contact, Michelle, is wonderful and check's in with me about once every two weeks just to make sure that everything is going smoothly and to see if we need anything. Honestly this sort of customer service and attention to detail, was totally different than from our previous program. And we so appreciate it!!! Gingr is very user friendly, it has a great interface! If you ever do have any questions, there is a support site that is the most detailed, I have ever seen or worked with. The program was very easy to setup and so easy to train on! Our staff loves it and everything it is able to do. It is set up to do so much of the office side work for you once the information is loaded. Our clients have also responded very positively to the new system. They love the customer side and all the pictures and report cards. I encourage them to give me feedback so that I can pass along any issues to other clients and honestly there have been none! For anyone looking to change their facility software or thinking about opening up a daycare, boarding or grooming facility, do yourself a favor and seriously consider Gingr!! After our system crashed and we were scrambling, the ease and simplicity of this software was so refreshing! The customer service alone is reason enough to invest in this system.
ProsEase of use, system interface, support site, it is set up to do so much for you.
ConsNothing they are constantly approving it and adding new features.
Recommendations to other buyersJust definitely look into it! I can promise you will not regret it.
Gil D.
VP
June 2, 2015

“Pleasure To Use, Full of Features and Future Proof”

OverallI am co-owner of K9 Loft, a multi-location daycare, boarding, grooming and pet supply business in Los Angeles. I also handle the IT for K9 Loft. When it comes to POS software for this industry, I've tried it all and this is my takeaway: If you want to be stuck in the 90's and take your chances with a legacy product, there are dozens of options. But if you want a sleek, full-featured offering with new features and well thought out execution coupled with terrific support, then you will want to try Gingr. It is hands down the best I've seen. It resides in the cloud and therefore handles multiple locations with ease and provides us with assurance that our data is safe as opposed to spinning on a solitary hard drive at each location. I've had hard drives fail in the past. Even with backups, it is not a fun experience to restore and get back up and running. Gingr takes that potential risk away for good! Have you been to the Apple store? Do you want to offer your customers that type of experience? Gingr will allow you to do just that - have your staff check customers in and out with a tablet or iPod touch and get them away from behind the registers and engaging with your customers. Or, if you want, use a desktop/laptop. Both options work beautifully. Other great features include integrated credit card processing, PCI compliant credit card storage and tokenization, emailed receipts, customer signatures on a tablet or iPod touch, no more paper receipts (unless you want that!). If you're a business owner, you know how important these things are and how they can make your day to day operations so much smoother. For the busy grooming shop that is constantly on the phone calling customers to let them know their pet is ready for pick up, Gingr offers text/email notifications to customers with a simple click. No more missed phone calls or full customer voicemails. Gingr also does the basics extremely well: grooming commission reports and many more, daycare package tracking, holiday rates, boarding black out dates, reorder reports for inventory, incident reports, feeding/medication logs, vaccination logs, specialized rates for customers, deposit tracking, and so much more. I realize this is a long review, but I write this because I know what it's like to struggle with the current software offerings and am so happy I found Gingr. Maybe you will read this, try out Gingr, and it will be the beginning of a new start to your business.
June 2, 2015
Debra S.
February 21, 2019

“Great Product.”

OverallI have been doing my scheduling and invoicing the same way for 15 years. To say the least it was cumbersome and hard to teach. I used Kennel Connection ONLY for scheduling and then I used QuickBooks for invoicing. It was a lot of work and if you weren't careful you could easily make mistakes and have missed revenue. I was constantly double and triple checking EVERYTHING everyday and sometimes several times a day! I went back and forth on changing to Gingr. First, I would say I was going to do it and then I would change my mind. Why break what is already working?? One day I just finally thought, it's time. I contacted Gingr and signed up. My onboarding person was Rep. I had about a week of watching videos about Gingr before our first call and I could tell this process was going to be daunting. In a previous life, I built databases and one database I built was for inventory control for chemical plant that moved millions of pounds of product daily. So, Gingr should be a breeze...LOL. Gingr is a breeze if you put the work in!! If you are not committed to HOURS upon HOURS of work then I think you would not get the same satisfaction that I got from working within this product. Once I began to understand Gingr, I was addicted to getting everything perfect. Rep was wonderful and very helpful. I was so happy he was my onboarding specialist and will miss our weekly phone chats. We have been live for 1 week and it's the best decision I have made in years!
ProsI would have to say just about everything. My staff and I are absolutely thrilled with the Gingr software.
ConsI thought during the set up of Gingr that when I reviewed this product; I would say that the set up process would be my biggest con. Now that the set up process is done, it was actually the best learning experience that I have had in a long time. I am actually going to miss the hours upon hours of time that I put in and don't know what I am going to do with my time anymore...;-).
February 21, 2019
Kelly B.
December 1, 2018

“Gingr has sent me into early retirement!”

OverallPrior to signing on with Gingr, I tried out and consulted with several software companies. For various reasons, none of the other programs were well suited for us. After speaking with sales from Gingr and having every question answered and every possible issue given a work around, I decided to sign on. It has been a HUGE deal for myself and my husband. It has basically put us into early retirement. The time we were spending on paperwork, Quickbooks Google Calendar, email, phone, and text was cut by at least 75%. The customer service/communication has been perfect...much better than any other company that I tested. We're going into our 3rd year with Gingr... It sounds silly, but I can honestly say that Gingr has changed my life for the better!
ProsEasy sign up, Easy set up process with Gingr staff, Exemplary customer service, Excellent versatility (fits our unique services). I love that our cage-free, taxi and "one hour play trips with taxi" services still fit the software capabilities of Gingr.
ConsIt would be nice if some pages opened in new tabs, but that's such a minor thing that I'm sure they would fix if properly requested.
December 1, 2018
Myriah S.
Club Pet Boarding Manager
September 12, 2017

“My overall experience with Gingr and their customer service team has been great!”

Pros1. The customer service team!! 2. Ease of use 3. Multiple ways to do one thing like checking in pets 4. Uploading files, CC information stored securely 5. Color coded vaccination expiration icons 6. Marketing capabilities 7. Automatic emails to clients
Cons1. The very small character limit on the Belongings box 2. Only one type of food allowed per feeding time (would love it if I could include both wet and dry food for all feedings!) 3. When printing 'Previous Balance' and 'Package Purchased' invoices, the client's name does not appear 4. I would like more reporting capability options on some of the Reports, like the ability to see all new clients who have completed a reservation within a specific date range; see how many returning pets have completed a reservation during a specific date range without having to subtract the pets who are still in house or the ability to remove all reservations checking out after a certain date when using the Future Revenue Generator 5. I would like the ability to change reservation dates for all pets in the same family at the same time instead of having to change each of their reservations separately
September 12, 2017
Katie J.
February 7, 2017

“The best of the best! ”

OverallWe are a small boarding boutique that offers boarding, daycare and minimal grooming. I went from keeping track of everything on a written calendar to Gingr. We try to offer our clients the best of everything and when it came to Gingr we knew it was an investment we would see a return on. Our clients love how simple, clean and accessible the software is. They are instantly impressed with our "mom and pop" business when we send them their registration email and link to Gingr. It has streamlined everything and we couldn't be happier. Past all the glitz and glamour, Gingr's support team has been nothing but amazing! We signed up with them when they were really starting to explode as a company. Well, my business was doing the same so it was very easy to take a step back, be patient and allow them to do what they do best, just like our clients did for us! We can't say enough great things about this program and what it has done for us. It just took us to the next level and that's what we wanted for our clients. Now I spend less time in the office and more time with the dogs, which is why we are all here isn't it? We love Gingr!
ProsThe accessibility. The simplicity. It just makes sense. There's nothing out there like it.
ConsI wish they had a mobile swiper and an actual mobile ap for the customer side but besides that it's AMAZING.
Recommendations to other buyersDo it. You will not regret it.
February 7, 2017
Steve C.
February 22, 2017

“Gingr Has Been A Game Changer”

OverallGingr has been a great asset to our dog boarding facility. Internally we have become more efficient able to create reservations and check vaccinations records quickly. The integrated credit card processing makes for seamless transactions. Externally our customers are enjoying having their own portal and being able to request reservations, check the number of daycare blocks they have remaining, and seeing when vaccinations are due. Our customers also enjoy receiving report cards with the details of their dogs visit. We transitioned from another reservation software company and couldn't be happier. Our old program was resident on one computer only whereas now we can access the information from any computer, phone, or tablet. And if you're still doing things on pen and paper, you'll wonder why you didn't make this move sooner. There are a ton of reporting capabilities which honestly we're only scratching the surface of. Support is quick to respond and the software is always evolving based on feedback from actual users. We will certainly be using Gingr at our soon to be open second location and I highly endorse this program.
ProsModern interface, excellent support.
ConsImporting customer records from old software to Gingr was time consuming.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat investment to give your company a professional look and feel.
February 22, 2017
Stan S.
Operations Manager
Veterinary, 201-500 employees
January 19, 2017

“Growing Company With Excellent Potential ”

OverallI started using this software when it was just a baby. I manage a fairly large lodging facility and require special packages and several complicated discounts. Gingr has been the only software that can track and manage all of the complex things I need accomplished. They have grown so much over the last year and every feature that I have said would be useful if added has been added in. The support staff will always answer your questions and if they cannot they get the developers on it. I myself have dabbled in programming and software design so I know the challenges. Its not easy to modify something that's already been created so I admire their ability to add in so many new features without affecting the apps that are already created. Overall, if you are looking for a lodging software that does something specific that you need for your business that most facilities do not do, this is it.
Prosits very conformable.
ConsThe fact that once you change a setting in a lodging type it doesn't change all of the reservations that have already been created. However in programming I know that is whats allowing all of the upgrades and changes to happen without messing up everyone's apps so I have learned to live with it!
January 19, 2017
Ed B.
manager
April 11, 2019

“Excellent software to run a dog daycare and boarding facility”

OverallWe have the software on every computer and iPad in our facility. Our staff logs-in whenever they use it (from wherever they are) to: check-in dogs, take notes during the day along with pictures which are automatically sent to the owner as report cards upon check-out, track feeding and medication, addition internal notes, etc. Because our staff logs in, any notes, reports, pictures that are input are stamped with who made the entry along with date and time. This is a powerful program but does get easier to use once you work with it a while. As I mentioned earlier, this is an extremely comprehensive package so there's a lot to learn and it does take some time. The customer support is excellent. I was originally concerned the the support was online, but that has proven to not be a problem. I get timely responses and everyone I've worked with is very knowledgeable. Now that we've been operational for a month, we don't need the support as often, but we know it's always there. The majority of our clients book online and purchase packages online.
ProsGingr runs our daily operation and is extremely comprehensive. It allow us to run all aspects of our company and services including daycare, boarding, grooming, training, transportation, retail and more. Customer service is excellent!
ConsNot so much a Con, but a reality. There's a lot of work setting up the software so it has all of the services, packages, rates, retail, holidays, etc.. programmed. A specialist working with us knew the software in and out and was extremely helpful setting us up. Again, not so much a Con, but it does take a while to get up-to-speed because the software is so comprehensive.
Michael T.
Owner/Operator
September 13, 2017

“I've used and tried over a dozen kennel programs and finally ended my search with Gingr. Good move!”

OverallRest and peace of mind. No more long nights and late hours with manually written emails and receipts. No more spreadsheets and linked access databases for simple reports.
ProsI like the customization the most. You can customize emails, kennels, rooms or areas, and so much more. I also like the online reservation/account feature for customers, and our customers like it too. I like the automatic emailing of confirmations, receipts, vaccination reminders, and the marketing tools. I especially like the service and support team. They'll do anything they can to help you out in a timely manner. I love that the software is developed in the USA. :)
ConsI hate to express negativity, but I wish there were more reports and that they were customizable. I wish more pages and forms were printable such as the customer and pet forms for our computer challenged friends. I'd like to see more flexibility in the pricing rules ie., adding a transaction fee for card users and an accruing interest on debtors (like credit card companies use for minimum payments...). I'm not really fond of the feature request system, but then again I'm not sure exactly how it works. It seems to be based on a "likes" popularity system? The more likes your request gets, the more likely it may be considered for development.? Idk, it might be the best method. I do know that everybody runs their kennels differently and Gingr can't implement every request made to them. Be advised, I'm still a rookie on this software... :)
Katherine M.
May 4, 2018

“It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently”

OverallExtra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details. Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.
ProsIt gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients. Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!
ConsIt is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and had patience and wisdom in handling new owners
May 4, 2018
Dustin F.
Manager/Owner
Retail, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2019

“Great software for the pet industry ”

OverallGreat people, and great software
ProsDesigned with bootstrap so easy browsing on Mobile, tablets, and Desktops
ConsSome of the layout is too cluttered, and some features are lacking
Elora S.
Retail, 11-50 employees

“Gingr for Animals”

OverallWe are satisfied overall with Gingr and only have a few things (mentioned above) that we would love to see changed to help things run more smoothly here.
ProsThe software is very user-friendly compared to similar programs. It is easy to train new employees how to use it, even if they have never worked with a comparable software.
ConsIt does not always assign dogs to the selected room type which causes issues later on when we are full and selling out of rooms. The list of animals on the dashboard refreshes every time you update one of them which gets frustrating when you are trying to update multiple animals for one owner. The dog detail page does not show all of the information for that dog (color, room type, etc.).
Karen M.
Owner and Managing Director
March 22, 2018

“Excellent interal customer service. The interaction online has improved our bottom line.”

OverallEase of use Website integration Registration and reservation Credit card intergration ;
ProsIt's better than any other kennel software out there. There is nothing that tops it as far as I can see.
ConsIt's design is odd at times and not as user-friendly for our clients as it could be. But then I'm a graphic designer so I have a different perspective than most I presume. At first we got some complaints but we just put notes on how to use the software better, and we walk through our client who do have difficulty. But ideally, I would like more flexibility in the layout for our business, There needs to be Quickbooks integration ASAP, but it sounds like its GIngr's top priority and we will wait for it.
March 22, 2018
Lauren D.
Owner/Operator

“Keep It Up Gingr!”

OverallThis has made our facility run so much more smooth - from everything involving staff management (clock-in, clock-out, timesheets, schedules), to running reports on everything. We also use the retail feature quite often. We know our clients are quite fond of being able to "log in" at any time to request reservations and/or appointments, and being able to purchase retail and package options. We have already used three other software organizations, so we are still fairly new to Gingr and are still getting used to some of the features. However, we are sticking with this one!
ProsI LOVE how easy it is to use. All of my employees learned really quickly - and there are so many features. Our clients really like the report cards, and the kennel/run cards are nice for busy facilities.
ConsI dislike that it does not integrate with QuickBooks, as of right now. Also, under the report cards function - it would be wonderful if the dogs would link to each other in the "friends/playmates" section, so you don't have to enter it a million times. This would make this feature run so much quicker.
Laura T.
July 6, 2018

“Like the software very much hate the lack of customer service.”

ProsWe like the basic functionality and speed of use especially vs. software that sits on the hard drive. The portal is nice and out clients enjoy it. The help articles for the basic set up and functionality are well done.
ConsWhen there is a big issue outside of basic functionality the chat support is a waste of time. A typical chat takes about an hour just to get to the point that they kind f understand what your talking about. For example my company Voxy Canine Camp recently reorganized and we opened a new merchant id account. The back end sent me the wrong merchant id #. I Ofcourse did not know it was wrong and after an hour on chat the person had no idea what was the problem because they did not have access to all of the information. It's a week later and aim trying again and still having issues. After introducing myself and business name/ 30 min into chat the rep from Gingr asks me what company Im with, Real problem solving should not be done by chat so this part of Gingr is horrible. Horrible enough that we are looking into switching this winter.

By Gingr on July 10, 2018
Laura, We appreciate your candid feedback, and are sorry to hear that your most recent chat experiences have not been favorable. I called you directly last week to clear up the merchant account issue, which was a simple misunderstanding between how/why you were updating your merchant accounts. Once we got to the bottom of it, we resent the correct merchant number to be updated in your app. I also suggested that if you needed anything moving forward, to ask for me specifically and I would give you a call. In regard to this most recent issue, our staff was prompt in responding and in inquiring about the issue you were experiencing, and although it did take a bit to understand why you couldn't process payments (the merchant ID had been typed incorrectly - chat records show the correct ID was sent on 6/28) we were able to get this resolved and get you back up and running. Please let me know if you have any concerns moving forward. Michelle Ober Director of Operations
July 6, 2018
Danielle H.
Company Owner
February 1, 2019

“Everything you need for your business!!”

ProsI have been using Gingr since it first began! My past two employers used it in their business so when it came time for me to choose a software for my new grooming business, there wasn't even a question! I loved how easy it Is to use and train staff on. It makes communicating with clients so simple. All of the reports are useful. And I love that you can customize it to what fits your business!
ConsThere really isn't anything I don't like. There are so many improvements and enhancements in a regular basis, I think you all do a great job of listening to your customers and giving us what we need.
February 1, 2019
Jessica L.
Animation, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“A huge step above the rest.”

OverallHuge increase in productivity since the switch. Far less worker frustration over last software.
ProsEase of use. Everything is easy to find/do. Plus it is a thousand times faster than our previous software. And, because it's in the cloud, even if our server were to go down or light on fire, all our info is still there. Yes, we have lost internet before, but we just proceeded to use our phones for that short time. No fuss.
ConsThey do not have intuitive pricing rules because their software isn't structured to how most kennels are layed out and how they charge/discount. That being said, they have provided us with "work arounds".
December 4, 2018
Gisselle A.
May 7, 2019

“Good software but read the cons”

ProsEasy set up Easy to navigate at times Results are easy to pull Since it's web based it making it easier to use on any device Checking out can sometimes be easy Better than most doggie kennel softwares. Much better !!
ConsSome updates are not needed and make things more difficult to do. When asking support why end of day is different on different days, they weren't able to explain why. Features that were promised are now being told aren't taking place Promises for new products coming out are not met When website is down not easy to find a number for contact
Roncy R.
July 18, 2016

“WOW! This software is LIGHT Years ahead of the others!”

Overall5 BARKS for this company! Our experience from Day 1 has been PAWeSOME. I was tentative because we have experienced BAD software experience in past 2 years from 2 different companies (and our clients were a bit tired of us for what seemed like constantly implementing changes). The system is easy to use and their client services are superior to any. The db migration was smooth and we have constant access to assistance daily. Our clients are becoming used to this FINAL change and do like the features that they have been asking for! The company is always listening and very helpful with every step of the way. We have only used this system for 2 months and we are still in awe of the polar differences in the previous 2 s/w attempts! What a team! If you have a lodge, daycare or grooming and don't want to have a server, want complete mobile, tablet and computer access from anywhere, open multiple screens with no loss of speed, etc...we could go on and on..but we will run out of allotted characters. We are so thrilled with this software for our business - we just want to shout it from the mountain tops!
ProsEase of use, EXCELLENT client services and response.
ConsZERO
Recommendations to other buyersThis software, and company, has this business in the bag! They are very attentive to client requests, offer client forums to interact, a users Fbook group to exchange ideas, a Feature Request that all can vote on for next in line new features, new features released continuously, great speed and ease of use. PAWS DOWN- the BEST Kennel Software- believe me - we know - we have given bad reviews to 2 others that we used that are light years behind these folks!
July 18, 2016

“Gingr ”

OverallWe have only been using the Gingr software for three months and becoming more comfortable as time goes on. So far, the length of time to check-in and checkout guests is quicker which is a plus especially during peak travel times. Overall, I believe we have made the correct choice.
ProsThe two most important qualities of the program we find are: 1) Navigating within the software is extremely easy. There are many ways you can accomplish the same task making it user friendly. Overall, our check-in and checkout process is faster for our clients. 2) In today's work environment, being a cloud based system is essential. Gingr is cloud based which made the transition from our old system to Gingr easy. The cloud based system also gives us piece of mind that our records are secure.
ConsAccess to Customer Service is by two methods, either by initiating a ticket which provides you feedback within 24 hours or immediate feedback via their chat line. The Customer Service team is very responsive with both of these methods; however, there are times it would nice to talk to an individual. They make it very difficult to speak to someone. This can be problematic when the issue / concern is complex and more easily communicated by talking to someone verses putting in writing.
April 11, 2019

“Gingr is a huge asset to my business and customer support”

OverallIt was a great experience to take the time to set up the details of how we use the software. Customer service is on point and always quick to respond. My staff and clients love all of the features and the ease of use.
ProsThis software has allowed us and our clients the ease of reservation requests online, report cards, going paperless, email reminders and confirmations... It was a total overhaul when we switched to Gingr. My staff and I LOVE the tips options at check out!
ConsReport cards and reminders for multiple pets are sent as one email. Clients overlook an additional information after the first pet's. We were used to charging by the day but Gingr nightly rate was easy to convert to. My only other con is that I didn't switch to Ginger sooner.
Brian M.
September 13, 2017

“We transitioned a large business to Gingr this year, and their support team was superb. ”

Overallit has saved us a lot of time and anguish over our old legacy database software.
ProsWe love the web based nature of it, and the features are what we need. We used a database style kennel management system for 10 years, and transferred over 2500 clients to Gingr. It took a lot of prework and planning, but the cutover when very well and we love the software. They are always releasing new features as well. You will not find better support than Gingr provides. It truly is amazing the support staff and their instant availability.
ConsThe invoicing is a bit too rigid perhaps. There could and should be more flexibility in the invoicing aspect in my opinion. Every business charges and handles invoicing differently, and we struggled a bit to adapt invoicing to our business process. We did eventually figure it out, but we did it using a workaround more than a feature.
Denise A.
Partner
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Totally worth the time and money”

OverallI was able to get all of my customers and their information entered and now that its done, using Gingr is a game changer. Anytime that there is a problem, Gingr support staff is quick with their support. Having the facebook group to search for suggestions and help is great too. I wish that I had made the leap from pencil and paper to Gingr much sooner.
ProsEasy to make appointments and reservations and update vaccine history. Also, keeping track of lodging and maximizing our capacity. E-mails history is tracked so I can see that it was sent, received, opened and read-love that!
ConsIt doesn't work with QuickBooks YET! I had to do the work to learn it and implement the features-I still need to use the feeding and medicine report-those are this year's goals.
January 24, 2019
Anne D.
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
January 8, 2019

“The backbone of our business!”

OverallLove it! It is the backbone of our business :-)
ProsThe software covers everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) we could possibly need for our business, from reservations to add-on services to grooming to tips and how to divide them to staff time clocks. I wouldn't be surprised if it can vacuum too :-) There is a learning curve with the program, but once you know how to use it, it is very user-friendly and intuitive. The integration with the credit card machines and the ability to export data to Excel is pretty awesome too.
ConsThe main issue we have found is connectivity, which may be due to our internet as well. Syncing with the database (when using multiple logins) sometimes lags the system at busy times, which can be frustrating, but at the rate Gingr is growing and upgrading recently, I'm sure these will be ironed out soon too.
January 8, 2019
Kari P.
November 30, 2018

“Best Business Decision ”

OverallGingr has been a life saver for my dog training/daycare/grooming business. It has simplified being able to have lodging and daily calendars in one place along with client records, payments, agreements, videos and pictures. I have taken hours of my time to do screen shares with my colleagues to show them this amazing software so that they can experience it and implement it in their businesses. It has helped us to have a more professional appearance with clients and is easy for them to use as well. There are definitely improvements I would like to see specific to my business needs, but the customer support is phenomenal and they continue to implement new features that are innovative and beneficial to my company. Cannot say enough good things!
ProsEase of use, simplicity, wide range of functions
ConsNot being able to track leads/sales of potential clients
Wendy D.
November 30, 2018

“Fantastic Program and Customer Service”

OverallAfter being open a decade and piecemealing all our client information and scheduling with various programs, it is like a breath of fresh air to have everything in one place and easy to access. We are now much more efficient and are notified more often of cancellations so we are able to fill those openings. That alone pays for the cost of the program. The customer service is above and beyond and we've always gotten good help whenever we've needed it.
ProsBeing able to access info from work, home and on the go. I feel like I have a much better handle on things even when I'm not at work.
ConsThere are times when I feel like I need more than one screen to be showing at a time but with each upgrade, these issues are becoming fewer and fewer.
Lynn P.
January 15, 2018

“The best investment for my new and growing business”

ProsIt differentiates me from my competition for the customer portal, ease of use, and the ability to train my staff quickly. It is intuitive and the support is great. Best decision I made!
ConsOnce initial set up is done ( with a partner from Gingr if you need the help), can be cumbersome to change parameters. They do offer on line tutorials and their support is helpful. The other is that it actually does more than I need. Would like to hide the aspects I do not need/use to streamline.
January 15, 2018
Nathan M.
July 27, 2017

“Overall the system has made our job easier. Their service and support are terrible. ”

ProsThe system is web based so you can access it from anywhere which makes it very easy for management to see what the staff sees if they are out of the building
ConsThe fact that Gingr feels it holds no responsibility to support their customers. We are not tech people and have businesses to run, if we were in IT we wouldn't have this system in the first place.

By Gingr on August 4, 2017
Hi Nathan. Thank you for your positive comments about the software. I¿m pleased to know that it has made your job easier. I truly regret that you had a less than positive experience with our support team. Having personally reviewed the issue, I see that the support team did provide a solution, with detailed instructions for implementation. Our company policy is that support does not change settings for customers after the business has gone live with the app, but instead advises the customer as to how to make the changes themselves. Regrettably, you elected not to use any of your included setup support calls prior to going live, so it makes sense that some things were not set up properly. We strongly advise that setup is thoroughly tested prior to going live, so that there aren't any surprises when you're up and running. Finally, in addition to providing a solution, considering your issue further, we made a code change to the app for you. I hope that helped. Thank you for your business.
July 27, 2017
Portia S.
Dairy, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2017

“Great transition, easy to use and train employees on”

OverallWe switched to Gingr from an older access database application in February of 2016. We received great support in the months leading up to flipping the switch, and my staff was completely prepared for the move when we did it. I love the web interface - I can check in on things from pretty much anywhere I travel (bonus!) and Gingr's support has been an amazing resource for us in times of trouble or even just further exploration of the app.'s features. Highly recommended, and if you ever have a problem with Gingr, never hesitate to contact Gingr support, they respond quickly and are dedicated to helping their customers have a great experience with their app.
ProsEase of transition, easy to use, wide accessibility
ConsWould like more reporting functions on financials
Recommendations to other buyersUse the training tools and support!
Evan S.
December 21, 2018

“Worth the money”

OverallOverall my clients and myself are happy with he system. It allows for a cohesive data management system and also allows businesses to easily expand their operation for different profit centers.
ProsI have been using the software for 2 months now. The biggest benefit of this software is freeing a person up from the phone. I went from pencil & paper to Gingr. My call volume decreased from 15-20 calls a day to roughly 2-5 (conservatively). Additionally customers are able to manage their own data instead of you manually entering data into a separate system. This is beneficial when you need to communicate with owners via phone and email. The email marketing portion is also a cost saver. Before I was using Constant Contact and was able to discontinue my membership.
ConsThe set-up process is pretty rough. There are a lot of variables and some basic coding knowledge is useful. Many aspects of the program use "if-then" buttons, meaning if this button is clicked, then this will happen. The problem lies in the amount of buttons. If you are having an issue, going in and finding the button that should be clicked can be quite stressful.
December 21, 2018
Kaiti R.
November 27, 2018

“Great Customer Support ”

OverallOverall my team and I are extremely satisfied with Gingr and it's support site. Most everything we need to know is easily found.
ProsThe customer support staff is always very helpful and kind. They provide thorough answers to your questions and even send a video of how to do what you need.
ConsThe only thing I wish was that sometimes when I'm really stuck, I could call and speak with someone. The chat is nice, but I don't always know exactly what or how to voice my issue.
Connie A.
May 7, 2019

“Gingr for our Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, Training Facility”

OverallIt helps us with maintaining client information, organization, scheduling, etc.
ProsEasy to use, covers all of our services, web based, clients can use as well, customizable
Consareas needing further developed are not being done so in lieu of adding new, higher end and/or "perk" type additions. Certain features have some limitations/flaws that should be improved and or redone as they are key elements to the purpose of the software.
Norm P.
April 11, 2019

“gingr great for our dog resort”

Overallworking with Gingr has been great and when we occasionally run into an issue in how to handle something, their chat and support is helpful as well as efficient.
ProsAs an owner of a mid size dog boarding and daycare, we depend and rely on Gingr to run our business. As a Software sales veteran of 30 plus years, Gingr has proven to be functional, flexible and reliable software solution.
ConsFrom my vantage point, there are no negatives
John P.
June 8, 2018

“Gingr is simple to use and allows me to easily manage my daycare and grooming appointments.”

ProsEasy to figure out. Client side of the app is great and allows them to make their own appointments, which saves me time and effort. Everyone loves the report cards. Highly customizable to whatever your pet care business offers. I only offer daycare and grooming now, but it will not be hard to add boarding. I also use Gingr as our POS system and it is nice that customers can pay for daycare and a new toy in the same transaction. The time clock feature is also great, it allows my employees to clock in and out on their phones, or the main computer. Finally, the support that Gingr provides is great, they are always quick to answer my questions and help out with whatever way they can.
ConsIt takes a little while to get used to and figure out how everything works. My less tech savvy customers will sometimes complain that they are unable to do something, so I will have to show them or keep doing it for them in the future. Gingr is more expensive than some of the other ones, but it you use all or most of its features then it is worth the money.
June 8, 2018
Lindsey G.
Executive Director
March 9, 2017

“Best Choice”

OverallWe began looking to make a change to our dog facility reservation software last year. We were nervous to make the change, because we have a huge customer base. So, we researched for several months and decided to use Gingr. We have been so happy and are confident this was the best choice. We made the full transition in January and all of our staff became very efficient with the new system in only a couple of weeks. Our almost 2,000 customers have transitioned with ease. We like that the customers can request and view their reservations online. We also like the reports and overall functionality. The customer service has been my favorite piece. The customer service was lacking with our last system. But with Gingr, they helped me get the system set up. Then, helped with questions along the way to be ready to go live. I had more than my share of questions, but they responded quickly and helped with every question. Even now, anytime I have a question I get a quick and helpful response. Our system looks beautiful, works fast and has been the best choice for our successful facility. Thank you Gingr!
ProsEasy to use, able to access easily from phone tablet or computer, reports, grooming schedule, customer ability to request and view reservations, CUSTOMER SERVICE
Recommendations to other buyersThis system has been a great choice for our dog facility.
March 9, 2017
Kieran M.
Sales and Operations Manager
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2019

“Gingr Review”

OverallClarity and ease at which a new hire can begin to understand Gingr is rough. Overall, I would give Gingr 3/5 stars which is being generous.
ProsGingr does help organize information and tracks some of the important aspects of sales.
ConsThe software cannot be audited or adapted to fit specific needs for the client. Ex. Templates for confirmation e-mails or SMS text aren't flexible enough to personalize individual needs. Cannot track smaller aspects of pet care easily and clearly without jumping through a million hoops! Work with us Gingr and adapt to the needs of your clients!
June 5, 2019
Justin S.
September 13, 2017

“No rivals. This is by far the most complete boarding and daycare software.”

ProsWe use to see a lot of register mistakes, but with Gingr most of our common mistakes have been eliminated because the check-out process is more systematic. We've saved a lot of money just by having a system that automatically tracks packages and helps eliminate human error. Our staff seems to learn gingr very quickly since it's so intuitive. Being able to store incident reports and notes all in one system has also been huge for us.
ConsAdopting gingr can be a little overwhelming and difficult. But it's worth the time to do so. We even had to change our pricing structure a little and switch from charging at pick-up rather than drop-off, but these changes were well worth it to be able to use gingr.
Marcia C.
April 30, 2017

“We are thrilled with our decision to use Gingr to help us manage our one-stop-shop for dogs.”

OverallAccuracy in client billing, reduced transaction errors, time-saving$, real-time views, consolidation of sources of information, mobile access.
ProsGingr has saved us time, aggravation, staff and customer confusion, under-billing, and has reduced human error while improving statistical and real-time tracking of business activities. We used to use paper grooming schedules, track daycare packages in a binder, note grooming histories in a separate software system, calculate groomer commissions by hand, use printed reports from three sources to prep payroll, hand write boarding instructions on cards, and prep spreadsheets for boarding reservations. No more. Gingr is user-friendly, intuitive, and provides easy access to information we need to keep our clients happy and their dogs safe while in our care.
ConsGingr is not robust for retail activities (we used QBooks POS), but as the majority of our business is daycare/boarding/grooming/training, it's strengths in those areas more than makes up for the one task we have to track manually (rewards program).
April 30, 2017