Farmbrite Ratings

Overall

About Farmbrite

Organize & manage your agricultural business with our user-friendly online farm & ranch management software. Keep livestock genealogy and health records, plan, schedule, & manage tasks & calendar, map fields, use our seed order estimator and harvest reports, market & sell online, track income & expenses, field & pasture rotation, equipment maintenance, important contacts, multiple users all from your mobile device or computer. Learn more about Farmbrite

JOHN F.
OWNER
Ranching, 1-10 employees
March 14, 2018

“NO PROBLEMS”

OverallTHE BEST IS FINDING MY P&L INSTANTLY
ProsIT IS EASY TO NAVIGATE,PIE CHART,FINDING ANY PAST ENTRIES IS SO SIMPLE, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE IT IS THE BEST ONE I HAVE EVER USED TO CORRECT, I THINK THIS ONES A KEEPER,THANK SO MUCH
ConsYOU NEED TO FIND A WAY TO INCORPORATE SALES TAX,IN THE TAXABLE TRANSACTIONS,MATCHING NEWBORNS WITH MOTHERS ON THE SAME PAGE,

By Farmbrite on April 22, 2018
Thanks for your review John! We will take a look at how to make it easier to see newborns and mothers on the same page and recording tax with taxable transactions. Thanks for your input.
March 14, 2018
Stafford T.
August 22, 2018

“Small Operations Dream Software”

OverallCustomer support is on top of it. Have asked about the 'cons' if you could even call them that, and they respond quickly and take all the ideas in. I see the software only getting better. With the foundation of the functionality done so well, as long as that stays strong, all the fluff is icing on the cake. It is nice to manage the stranger livestock, like beehives, as I am able to manage each hive as a separate 'animal' and keep my notes on each hive in line.
Pros- Simplicity, no fluff or overburdening options - Well thought out base functionality - Price point is good, the cost is worth the time savings - Keeps good track of yield, can notice trends (bad or good) - Can organize your data how you see fit
Cons- Accounting software is lacking advanced organizational and tax options - Needs some more drilled down feed and flock tracking for Organic users
August 22, 2018
Mike K.
September 18, 2018

“Good Value and Useful tol”

OverallFarmbrite has helped tremendously with our accounting. We are a small farm and this tool is perfect for us. It has also been great fro tracking all of our animals. Once you get all set-up and used to the program then its a breeze.
ProsHelps keep my records in one location. I also like that Farmbrite continues to improve its product which has been great. Customer service is excellent and responsive. I think this product will get even better over time.
ConsSometimes I find it difficult to move from one section to the other when entering animal information. The sort options don't always seem to work right. We have been using the software for over a year now and are still learning how to use all of the features, so it is a good tool, you just need to work with it. Also would like the mobile app to work as well as the desktop, but again, overall its working great.
September 18, 2018
Chris H.
March 7, 2018

“For a small farm owner, it is nice to have so many features incorporated in one package. ”

OverallEasiest single software for tracking multiple farming functions.
ProsExpense and income categories match Schedule F on fed income tax form. Super convenient for my accountant not to have to guess!
ConsSometimes navigating is a bit cumbersome, and it can take several clicks to drill down to where I'm going. I also find it difficult to sort expenses efficiently.

By Farmbrite on April 22, 2018
Thanks so much for your review Chris!
March 7, 2018
Donna I.
Executive Director
January 22, 2019

“Tallawah Farm moves to Farmbrite for whole farm management”

OverallFarmbrite allows us to manage multiple enterprises with one product. Since we do both livestock (chickens, goats, sheep and pigs) and vegetable production and sell through both a CSA and farmers markets we were looking for a one-stop-shop to manage all of our data. So far Farmbrite has exceeded our expectations.
ProsAbove all we LOVE the friendly knowledgeable support provided in a timely manner! A good user manual made getting started very easy and the dashboard is an excellent management tool.
ConsVery few. We are eagerly awaiting the upgraded mapping tools.

By Farmbrite on January 24, 2019
Thanks for your review Donna!
January 22, 2019
James M.
Farming, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 23, 2019

“New to Farming - Farmbrite is excellent support”

OverallExcellent. Support has been fantastic.
ProsNew to farming, but very experienced in business software packages (sales, CRM, operating platforms, etc.). Farmbrite is an excellent tool for start-ups and smaller farms, though has potential to scale as we grow. Has all the features that I was looking for. Easy to use. Cloud based. Great support. VERY competitive pricing.
ConsWould like to have a Folder to store general pictures of operations.

By Farmbrite on May 27, 2019
Thanks so much for your review James!
May 23, 2019
Christopher M.
August 10, 2018

“Great software for your farm”

OverallI able to have a better understanding of my expenses and able to make better decisions.
ProsFarmbrite has an easy to use interface and offers great features to keep track of many different areas of your farm. The software makes tracking expenses, crops and tasks simple. Farmbrite is affordable and worth checking out.
ConsAs with any thing new software it takes a little bit of work to get everything entered in and customized to your business.
August 10, 2018
Brian S.
Proprietor
April 8, 2018

“Great way to stay farm organized”

ProsI can keep notes on bees, trees, chicken and tractors all in one place. I can keep livestock breads and yields from year to year. In the same tool, I can keep equipment maintenance logs. It is great for small to medium sized farms.
ConsIt takes more effort to get a full home small scale garden logged with many diverse plants. It would do great to track larger crops.

By Farmbrite on April 22, 2018
Thank you for your review!
April 8, 2018
Jill K.
Food Production, 1-10 employees

“Farmbrite”

OverallGreat for accounting, calculating taxes, keeping track of my organic purchases- record keeping...
ProsI love Farmbrite! It has all the features I was looking for to keep tract of all my information, accounting, fields and pastures... and extra feature that are great
ConsOnce or twice could not get on Farmbrite site
Elizabeth F.

“Easy Record-keeping”

OverallI like it enough to renew it this year.
ProsI like the ability to have records of individual animals. As a livestock-based farm, we use the notes to keep track of feed for different animals.
ConsUntil tax time, I couldn't understand why there wasn't a "livestock purchase" tab under expenses as there seems to be one for EVERTHING else. But, once I did taxes, I realized Farmbrite is based off IRS forms.
Cindy C.
Ranching, 1-10 employees
August 11, 2018

“Bookkeeping Made Easy”

OverallWe own and operate a small ranching operation. With Farmbrite I can immediately see where my income and expenses are.
ProsThe Farmbrite software is very user friendly! I simply enter my information into the system and chart appear showing me all expenses and income. Farmbrite makes my bookkeeping job simple! When tax time rolls around everything is accounted for and I simply can press the Generate P & L button!
ConsI really can't think of anything negative to say....This program has made the bookkeeping portion of our ranching operation so easy!
August 11, 2018
Patty W.
Manager/Owner
August 4, 2018

“Farmbrite is a Big Help”

OverallGood so far. I noticed there was a change in livestock on how to record births. Not as easy as before but I think I e figured It out.
ProsAble to keep up with animals and expenses in one place.
ConsCan only add one transaction at a time.
August 4, 2018
Mark S.
Marketing
Ranching, Self-employed
August 6, 2018

“Review”

ProsAccounting portion can be exported to excel for tax purposes
ConsNot easy to sort livestock and cant export to excel. Need a copy function for livestock also
August 6, 2018
Nkosinathi N.
Training Manager
Farming, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“Good Value ”

OverallMakes farm management easy and production traceable. More over it is easy to train.
ProsUser friendly and the its simplicity. Free trial, value for money, features and different packages to choose from
ConsNot being able to have a farm store due it not being supported in South Africa
June 25, 2019