PerfectForms Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

About PerfectForms

PerfectForms is a feature-rich, web-based development environment - complete with pixel-perfect forms, form automation and powerful reporting capabilities - that lets you quickly build and deploy a wide variety of business applications, all without writing a single line of code. You can build engaging, visually rich forms, design simple or complex workflows, send automatic notifications and escalations, create impressive drill-down reports, and even integrate with external systems. Learn more about PerfectForms

Zach K.
IT Support and Development
Insurance, 51-200 employees
May 3, 2019

“MSRB Perfect Forms”

OverallAt MSRB, we do inspections for insurance companies on commercial properties and dwellings around the state. We also inspect every Fire department in the state of Mississippi and collect fire hydrant information around the state. When I started at the company, we collected all of this information on paper. Which means you would pull a trip and spend a whole week traveling around the state, doing these inspections. The next week you would complete your paperwork in the office and submit it. Pull your trip for the next week and start all over. Now we are able to submit our work to our field workers while they are in the field. Our inspectors can submit the inspections while they are still on the property. If there are any issues with the inspection, our quality control team can send the inspection back to the inspector to fix any issues or get any information that they need to complete the process. In the past, the inspector would have to make a trip back to the property to make any corrections to the inspection. Delaying the completion by two weeks. Our managers can keep track of the process from start to finish. This has eliminated unnecessary driving time, gas, and as I said before, lots of paper. Since using Perfect Forms our turn around time has been cut in half. We are saving money and the final product is a lot more professional looking.
ProsI looked at multiple products to reduce paper around the office and in the field. Perfect Forms fit exactly what we were looking for. We are able to create our own forms and workflows. I like how we are able to capture data in the field and write to our SQL database, which is published to our website. We are able to pull this data back into a form. Our managers are able to track the full inspection process with customized Dashboards and send notifications. The software is easy to use with drag and drop tools. Perfect Forms does everything we need to perform our job. We have eliminated insane amounts of paper in our day to day operations.
ConsBefore we purchased Perfect Forms, we checked out multiple alternatives. A lot of them were straight out of the box applications that we could have started using immediately. When you start, you are given a blank canvas to build your ideas on so it takes a little time to get spun up and working, but once you have your vision laid out and a solid understanding how the program works, you can build exactly what you want. It is very easy to use. Instead of putting in a support ticket with an out of the box sollution, and most likely an associated fee, to fix any issues we have, I can fix these issues myself within minutes. With a little bit of creativity, you can build your application to look and function however you'd like.
May 3, 2019
Boris N.
Product Engineer
201-500 employees
August 16, 2016

“Limitless Applications”

OverallWe are using PerfectForms across our business for all documentation which requires work flow management or approval. Every software has its limitation, but with the eforms made through PerfectForms are limitless. I was in a project to implement a CPQ solution which could interface with our ERP system to facilitate the expansion of our business. We extensively researched what was available in the market and found that a ready made package was quite a large investment. To trial the new processes before investing in a "proper" CPQ solution, we constructed a simple product configurator tool using PerfectForms since it was already available in the business operating the general corporate forms. It has been almost 3 years since we made our first CPQ eform, it's limitation has exceeded our expectations. Today it has developed into a sales quoting, engineering request, order management, logistic and quality control tool, all connected and interfacing with our ERP system. I personally don't think there's anything out there that can do the same at the level that has been so customized to suit our business and philosophy. Our experience with using PerfectForms has been quite intuitive and quick when constructing the common business electronic form. If one is experienced with database, web design or workflow management, the result from using PerfectForms is even more impressive and robust enough to cater larger organisations with the complexity required. The team at PerfectForms are very helpful and responsive. The professional services that are offered will address the specific business need or project through consultation with confidence a solution can be made.
ProsI have created forms using Visio Studio in conjunction with MS Access SQL, Dreamweaver and have attempted using SharePoint. I find them all tedious in a way where one would require a background in web development or coding to produce something that is at a professional level. With Perfectforms, the end product can be outstanding for users at a basic level of "computers". It is split into three main categories; layout, behaviour and workflow. Once understanding the relationship between the three key aspects of Perfectform construction, there should be no lack of confidence in what it can do. All the objects such as drop downs, multi-text scroll box, check boxes etc. that are essential to producing a form is readily available and customisable from a wide library to choose from. The concept of structuring the work flow is visual which makes it very intuitive. Setting a simple to complex behaviour on an object is made easy, pre-sets like "When object is clicked, when object is shown etc." can be customised to manipulate any aspect of the form to perform any required function. Perfectforms is able to communicate with external data and run external scripts. With allowance to interface to external data and commands, it makes it capable of anything. With everything said here, I have constructed a number of intelligent forms without having to know any coding language. I also didn't have any prior training, the boss asked me to make it work and luckily it wasn't too hard.
ConsTo be clear, we are currently using version 2.0 which is Flash base. I think it would be nice if it is possible to import vector graphics (dxf, eps, svg, etc.) which could improve the sharpness of the visuals in comparison with raster images. Or maybe the ability to draw your own. Unfortunately our version isn't cloud base, which makes us a little limited in providing access externally. Another limitation I came across with importing videos to be embed was limited to be under 10 minutes, however there are work around for this. Overall, the functions of the form and reporting is not limited but I wanted to push the boundaries to make it a good looking form. We do intend to look into the upgrade to HTML 5 and cloud capabilities.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want a tool to cover existing paper trail of your business and have all the processes to be united and managed in a certain manner, this is what you need. If there's a calling in your business establish or improve reporting through paperless processes, this what you need. If its about time to liberate your business from the dark ages, this is what you definitely need. I have seen what has been created using Perfectforms and how it has helped transform a business with little discipline in process management to a contemporary corporate business leading its market today. It is a powerful tool when the time and effort is put in correctly.
August 16, 2016
Jeannie S.
Technology Integration Specialist
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
August 27, 2019

“PerfectForms ”

OverallPGSD's most used form is the Field Trip Form for our Transportation Department. Teachers are able to submit the form, then the form will route automatically to the various approval levels. This is very convenient for all approval levels and the Transportation Department.
ProsI love the different levels of routing that PerfectForms can complete.
ConsIt is very technical, which can be difficult for someone who is not necessarily in tune to logical thinking.
August 27, 2019
Andrew F.
ERP Analyst
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
August 1, 2016

“Perfect Forms Testimonial ”

OverallI have been using PerfectForms for several years now. Our University started with the system cloud based but after the first year moved in on site where we have continued to grow its' use all over the campus.
ProsIt is a very fast and very easy way to build out a GUI for a form or similar data collecting tool.
ConsAs a programmer the programming for non programmers way that PerfectForms sometimes handles logic can be very restrictive and it has a really hard time working with Functions and procedures in an Oracle Database.
Recommendations to other buyersPut all your logic and controls in behaviors it is a far easier way to teach the logic to people that do not have a background in a programming related field. It helps visually for them to follow the logic.
August 1, 2016
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
March 19, 2019

“Nice features, but LOUSY support, and BUGGY product”

ProsEasy and straightforward process to build forms that can go anywhere and collect anything.
ConsLots of bugs. Flash-based product that work poorly with modern browsers; buggy controls for date and time data entry, issues emailing attached files (sometimes zero-byte files are attached instead of the actual file). I waited two years for their support org to fix the above bugs; they delivered a cumulative patch that was supposed to fix it all, but it only fixed about half of the reported issues, and then broke the API piece that I used to extract data from Perfectforms to insert into other business systems. I had to roll back to the prior (broken) version, and after two weeks, haven't heard a word other than a note that they closed my case in their ticketing system.

By PerfectForms on April 2, 2019
I'm very sorry to hear about your challenges. We launched the new version of the platform last year that eliminates the reliance on the Flash player and we have been migrating customers in phases since the new platform was launched. Since your name is not attached to the review, we're unsure where you are in the migration process currently. Regarding the API, when you integrate with other products that are not officially supported, there is the risk of disrupting connections when updates for either product are made since they are not part of our QA process. Since the review doesn't include your name, unfortunately we can't reach out to you personally. If you could please email support@perfectforms.com, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Thank you for your feedback. Thanks, Paula Selvidge CEO
March 19, 2019
Automotive, Unspecified
March 2, 2018

“Working with perfectforms has been a good experience since day one. ”

ProsCustomer Service has been very good which I think is important for a company to set itself apart from others. But mostly what I like and why I went with perfectforms was for the ease of setting up and creating my database solution. Both the forms and reports are easy to assemble and use. And this allowed us to get all our data in one place and make it quickly accessible for all team members.

By PerfectForms on March 5, 2018
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with PerfectForms! I will pass along the comments on our customer service to the Support Team.
March 2, 2018
Lauren H.
Webmaster
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
May 2, 2019

“Great product, great team!”

OverallIt's great. I am able to create the forms my school district needs, and PerfectForms support is always there when I need a little help.
ProsIt does exactly what we want. It allows us to create powerful online forms in house without having to work directly with code.
ConsMy only complaint (if I had to come up with one) is that the forms are not responsive. Once you set the page size, that's the size it's going to be regardless of the device it's viewed on.
May 2, 2019
Paul K.
Director of Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Speed Up Your Internal Processes; Save Time and Money”

OverallWe deployed PerfectForms to automate a payment approval process. The original manual process included sending hard-copy approval forms around the globe to be signed-off by multiple board officers. Now officers can approve payments from any internet enabled device, with a few clicks. This saves a significant amount of time and manual labour.
ProsI liked the ability to build and automate any specific workflow or functionality with an amazing degree degree of detail and precision. Forms maintain a highly detailed audit trail of each change that occurs as they make their rounds which is very useful in terms of security.
ConsThere has been very little to complain about with our use of this product or relationship with the company. Developers are competent and easy to work with; support is excellent.
September 17, 2019
Murro V.
Administrator
Events Services, 1-10 employees
September 8, 2017

“PerfectForms is an excellent product with excellent customer service.”

OverallWe save at least one employee processing forms. It allow us to receive the necessary releases and permissions.
ProsI like that it is robustly customizable. It saves at least one full time employee processing forms and data. the complex workflows allow us to receive the necessary releases and permissions.
September 8, 2017
Lauren H.
Webmaster
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
January 12, 2017

“A Great Tool!”

OverallA very powerful yet easy-to-use tool, PerfectForms has been a great asset for our school district. We've been using PerfectForms for several years now, and I've never been disappointed with our decision to go with them. PerfectForms allows me to create forms with complicated workflows and behaviors (it also allows me to create very simple forms as well, of course), and their support staff are always helpful whenever I can't figure out how to do something more advanced. I would highly recommend PerfectForms for anybody looking for a way to easily create online forms.
January 12, 2017
Elizabeth K.
Director of Operations
Education Management, 11-50 employees
April 3, 2019

“PerfectForms Review”

OverallPerfect Forms is a fantastic tool that integrates perfectly with our website. Their customer support has been second to none.
ProsPerfect Forms is a great tool for our online enrollments.
ConsSteep learning curve for the product. Not the most intuitive to use.

By PerfectForms on April 5, 2019
Thank you for the feedback Elizabeth! We're happy to hear PerfectForms is working well for your online enrollment process and you've been happy with our service level.
April 3, 2019
Elizabeth F.
System Manager
November 9, 2015

“PerfectForms E-Form Workflow”

OverallMy organization has used PerfectForms for several years now, starting with their On-Demand offering and then moving to their On-Premise option. I've been very happy with the solution. We had a business need to be able to develop web-based, workflow driven e-forms and we didn't want to need a programmer to do the work. PerfectForms' drag and drop interface provides us with such functionality. We've deployed simple and complex forms, all with varying degrees of work effort. Our forms have been developed by full-time staff, technical folks and even student assistants. As long as you know your business process, can articulate your rules and think logically, you'll be able to develop a powerful workflow. I'd also like to note that I've gotten some of the best customer support from their team, something I greatly value in a vendor. While no tech solution is truly "perfect", PerfectForms tries very hard to live up to their name.
November 9, 2015
Arnie R.
Director IT
January 4, 2016

“Great product with excellent technical support”

OverallAs director of IT for Summit Security Services, I use PerfectForms along with our SQL and Access databases. The connectivity is seamless and fast. The connection agent allows me great flexibility and update capabilities with our existing systems. Workflow is a dream to work with. One day of training, and you're up and running on this product. I also would like to mention the excellent support you receive with PerfectForms. I usually get someone to answer my questions within the same day, and when I've had issues, a PerfectForm tech would actually get onto my computer to work the problem. I would highly recommend PerfectForms for all companies at all sizes. Arnie Rind Director Information Technology Summit Security Services, Inc.
January 4, 2016
Jon S.
Program Director
May 17, 2016

“An Excellent Form/Workflow Management Tool”

OverallWe purchased Perfect Forms in early 2013 to implement a special pricing request and approval system for quoting. We had looked at a number of vendors in the space and chose Perfect Forms based on functionality and ease of use. The business rules, the form itself and the approval logic were all very complex - and we also needed to integrate Perfect Forms with our CRM and Order Processing systems - but despite these challenges and the high volume of requests, the product has delivered and we have been very happy with our decision. We have since added a second renewal calculation application. As a result, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Perfect Forms for complex workflow applications.
May 17, 2016
Ariane C.
IT Program Coordinator
December 10, 2015

“PerfectForms exceeds my expectations!”

OverallThe quality of PerfectForms exceeds my expectations. Our educational company have been using PerfectForms for over 5 years and we are extremely pleased with the ease of use as well as the customer service. Whenever I need help, they always follow through and find the answers to any questions. Though I don't use the templates, they look very professional. I personally use the reporting feature to gather data in an excel format and share the information with my colleagues. I have recommended PerfectForms in the past and will continue to do so.
December 10, 2015
David C.
Sr Software Specialist
November 12, 2015

“An amazing forms solution that everyone should use”

OverallPerfectForms is the epitome of excellence in software design that every development company should attempt to achieve. Reliable platform, unmatched versatility, a drag-n-drop "no code" solution for non-technical end users to utilize, excellent customer service, and all for a price lower than it's competitors. What more could you ask for? (...and no they didn't pay me to write this!)
November 12, 2015
Jason M.
Network Administrator
April 13, 2016

“Efficient Workflow Forms Creation”

OverallWe use this program for many of our forms that require a workflow with conditions. The logic used to do validations and workflow decisions is very straight-forward and designer-oriented. It is a flash-based designer that renders the forms to HTML. It is the top pick of anything like it, we have seen.
April 13, 2016
Michael K.
February 6, 2016

“Exceptional Software”

OverallAn exceptional piece of software. It has allowed my company to save time and money. The workflow management tool has been a key function in improving operation efficiency and the application building software it simple to use.
February 6, 2016
Laurent S.
December 4, 2015

“Perfect form app!”

OverallWe're using perfectforms since some years and we're always satisfied of this system. The forms can be customized as we want and they are adapted to all screens. It's a must-have nowadays.
December 4, 2015
Mike A.
Effectiveness & Efficiency Facilitator
November 5, 2015

“Indirectly and direct cost savings of $1.2 million annually.”

OverallIn use since 2007. Scalable and empowering. In processes where other tool fail, PerfectForms finds its perfect place.
November 5, 2015