Pantera Tools Online Plan Room Ratings

Overall

About Pantera Tools Online Plan Room

Simply, a better way to manage your bid process. With Pantera's web-based and mobile Bid Management tools, our customers have customized email template, unlimited document storage, client-specific URL matched to client websites, email notifications coming from client email address, tracking of subcontractor activity including plan downloads and bid responses, bid comparison tools, subcontractor qualification module and the Pantera Mobile App syncing the office and the field. Learn more about Pantera Tools Online Plan Room

Dan R.
3.5/5
October 9, 2014

“Good product, needs some improvements for database management”

ProsCustomer support is excellent; our rep is very friendly and responsive. The newsfeed page is great for a quick glance to check project and database updates. Uploading plans and specs is quick and simple. The search features are intuitive and easy to use.
ConsI don't like the way the database is managed. We have essentially no control over who enters themselves into our database or what CSI Trades (Groups) they enter into their profile. I've had several subcontractors plug themselves into every CSI Trade in our database, and that's just not the way we want things done. There should be an approval process once a sub enters their information where we can check what they've done before they're automatically plugged in and receiving invites. For instance, many of our clients do not allow us to send their projects out to Public Plan rooms (Dodge, BidClerk, Builder's Exchanges, etc.), and we could easily be removed from a client's bid list for doing so. I have already had a few Builder's Exchanges enter themselves into every CSI trade in our database, and had it not been caught, they would have received invitations for some of these projects, and then downloaded and posted plans in their plan room. This could cause serious problems for us and needs to be rectified. Also, I just sent the second reminder out to our team not to use the email address box in the Invitation to Bid page, because instead of just sending that person an invite or adding them to the selected vendors from the address book, it creates an entirely new profile in our database, which contains no information whatsoever, other than an email address. I've cleared out somewhere around 30+ such profiles.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of the customer service offered. They are quick to respond and very helpful.

By Pantera Global Technology on February 22, 2016
Thank you Dan for the details on the address book and we have updated the updating/modifications of contacts. We also have contractors that put a `cap¿ on the amount of trades subcontractors can associate with their details, that is IF you allow them to modify details in your database.
October 9, 2014
Mason M.
Field manager
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2018

“A tool for every construction contractor ”

OverallMost of the time spent is setting up the project profile, it helps a great amount in organization of duties and updates as the project progresses.
ProsPantera has integrated its software to allow contractors and other professionals to seamlessly collaborate on projects. This provides more time for everyone within the project to collaborate and meet deadlines.
ConsThere have been software issues with delays and refresh time but overall it meets the needs for construction professionals alike.
July 19, 2018
Nathan Z.
November 18, 2014

“If I were a software engineer, this is what I would have built. ”

ProsThe best feature of this software is that, overall, it is quick and user-friendly. The rollover to this new software was very smooth. We can get into it and build a project, select subcontractors and suppliers, and send an invitation to bid in a matter of minutes. Subs and suppliers who want to be added to our bid list can fill out all of their own information. Because it is web-based, I can log onto it with any computer or device anywhere and send information out at anytime. We can also track if the sub or supplier bid the project and what their bid was. It is simple to upload plans, specs, and addenda.
ConsWe have had no complaints so far. This software is user-friendly and reliable. What more can you want?
Recommendations to other buyersWe looked into numerous options. So much of the software out there is built by software engineers who do not understand the estimating process. This software was obviously built by people who understand estimating and the construction industry.
November 18, 2014
July 24, 2018

“Wonderful product-- does what it says for subcontractors, owners and consultants”

ProsSo many features that are each complete self contained. In other words I can put not only hard information in but my thoughts about possible alternatives
ConsSome parts are overwhelming, such as combining information from a subcontractor based on bid specs and trying to incorporate a marketing expense certain to be added later
July 24, 2018
Lisa C.
January 24, 2014

“A Dream Come True”

ProsWhere do I begin? This program allows vendors/subcontractors to register on my plan room without my assistance. It also allows me to view who has received my invitations and follow up with any that may have been rejected. I can also quickly send reports of invited subs to my project manager for their use. Compared to other products that I have used, Pantera is a quality product that I would recommend to anyone looking for a quick, efficient way to reach out to subcontractors and vendors alike. Pantera's staff is always upbeat and positive, assisting whenever my subs or I need help.
ConsWhat do I like least? That I didn't know about Pantera 2 years ago!
Recommendations to other buyersThis system is an extremely quick tool to use to send out new projects or any revisions and notifications you might have quickly to your contractors. Project Coordinators will find this program easy to use and help the company to receive bids in a timely manner.
January 24, 2014
Joy P.
October 8, 2014

“Pantera Plan Room - October 2014 Review”

ProsPantera has proven to be a great way to issue RFQs out to subs and easy access for them to obtain bid documents. This provides efficient and effective operation processes for quick turnaround bids. Pantera is also a great marketing/branding tool for Corval. When project notifications come through to the subcontractors, it shows it is coming directly from Corval and not a third-party company. They provide unlimited document storage. The ease of use, from setting up a project to sending out notifications and accessing project documents quickly by subcontractors, has saved our company both time and money.
ConsThere's just not enough time to explore how other Pantera features could benefit our company!
Recommendations to other buyersPantera provided the most secure, cost-effective bid management system for our company when we conducted comparison shopping.
Mark H.
Project Manger
Construction, 11-50 employees
November 10, 2017

“Project Manager”

OverallOverall a great product with new features coming out frequently
ProsEase of use getting info to subcontractors during the pre-con phase. Able to transmit large files rapidly
ConsWould like to have more PM features to use during a project. Would like to see more money features.
November 10, 2017
Jeff G.

“EPIC!”

ProsThe customer support is amazing, and we couldn't even begin to imagine how amazing it was until we experienced it. The product is user-friendly and works great for both our estimating and construction management departments. Pantera is fully customizable to fit any need you have.
ConsConcerning the vendor, I cannot pick an item that I like the least. For the product, we are experiencing a lot of bid invites that end up in our subcontractors' Junk email folder.
Recommendations to other buyersRadix Construction, Inc. has experienced other programs that offer similar products and services, but there has not been one that we were satisfied with until we joined the Pantera family. I can't iterate enough how epic the customer service has been thus far. There is a lot to be said about having the support Pantera offers. Others say they will; Pantera does it!
Kirsten A.
October 14, 2014

“An easy and effective way of communicating with our subcontractors”

ProsThey are very helpful in making our site as easy as possible on everyone. They are also very prompt at handling any issue that arises.
ConsHonestly, the only thing I do not like is that it can only have one job up at one time in one browser. I work for a general contractor, and we are bidding multiple jobs at one time. So when going and updating information, it is a pain sometimes having to go out of one job and into another and back. I would like to be able to have at least two jobs open at one time.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's really just a great source to use! I would really recommend looking into this; it is very helpful.
October 14, 2014
Kelli W.
Accounting, Unspecified
February 27, 2014

“We have been using this product for over a year now. ”

ProsEasy to use and customer service is excellent! They are always willing to adjust to make it work for the company. It helps us keep track of who we sent invites to and who we have received bids from. It helps us know what information needs to be updated and who updates the information themselves.
ConsThere are very few glitches; however, they are on top of fixing them immediately.
Recommendations to other buyersThe customer service is great. It is very user-friendly. They are always willing to adapt the program to work for your company.

By Pantera Global Technology on February 22, 2016
Thank you for the input Kirsten and we have updated the platform to allow multiple tabs in one browser. If you have any other items that you would like to see updated, let us know!
February 27, 2014
Danielle M.
Operations Admin Manager
September 14, 2016

“Pantera, great product”

ProsGreat product, help support team. We didn't have the best program before. This exceeded my expectations.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about the software.
Recommendations to other buyersyou can use their database, the functionality is great.
September 14, 2016
Alden M.
Estimator
August 25, 2016

“Slow but eventually gets the job done”

ProsI like the support we've received Kim and Susie have been great. I like the look of our plan room.
ConsOur web based service is really slow. Our upload and download speeds are 24MBPS upload and 94MBPS download and it still takes several seconds to load each window. I don't like having to move between multiple windows to enter new contacts when progressing through a call list.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure that you have a really good internet connection and server.
August 25, 2016
Canna H.

“Great Product!”

ProsOur plan room is very user-friendly. The staff at Pantera have always been more than helpful and are quick to get the job done.
ConsThe address book can be a little frustrating at times, but it is not terrible over all.
Recommendations to other buyersTake your end user into consideration. Keep in mind how the end user will use this product but how you can also meet your business needs.
Larry G.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
February 20, 2015

“Specialized, high-quality project management”

ProsThis was a really nice project management software. It would be fantastic for anyone in the construction industry.
ConsBy my own ignorance, I tried this before realizing it is made for the construction industry. Nothing wrong with it at all.
Recommendations to other buyersYou may want to research the software before you try it. Just a thought.
February 20, 2015
Brad B.
Estimator
September 8, 2015

“Have only used the product for one job”

ProsVery responsive, product is easy to use. We are just getting started with the program.
ConsHave not found anything yet as we are just getting started with it
Recommendations to other buyersI might be able to answer this down the road after the system has been in place for a while
September 8, 2015